Hall Happy that Vick Found a Team

During the Washington Redskins' preseason opener in Baltimore, news broke that Michael Vick had signed a deal with the Philadelphia Eagles.

Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said he received a text from his former Virginia Tech and Atlanta Falcons teammate informing him that, "I found a team, the Eagles."

Hall, who has voiced his support for Vick throughout the process, said he was glad to see the former star back in the league.

"I'm happy for him," Hall said. "I'm happy he got a second chance to prove to everybody he can still play. He still has to get out on that field and go at it but just to get the opportunity to still play in this league and play for a good team I know he's excited."

The Redskins play the Eagles in Week 7 on "Monday Night Football" at home and again in Week 12 in Philadelphia.

"I'm kind of sick we've got to see him twice a year but it comes with the territory," Hall said. "I know if we didn't see him twice a year somebody was going to have to see him twice a year so at least I guess I can say what's up to him before the game."

By Paul Tenorio  |  August 13, 2009; 11:39 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: A Redskins Final, by the Numbers (Updated)
Next: Smith Makes Most of 'Punt-Fest'

Comments

Not surprised. Vick won't be able to play until the 6th week when he applies for full reinstatement though.

Posted by: RedCherokee | August 13, 2009 11:49 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: RedCherokee | August 13, 2009 11:51 PM | Report abuse

I thought Vick would have made sense in a situation where he was a real change of style from a pure pocket passer incumbent. With McNabb, I don't see that. I for one, wish him the best. Everyone deserves a second chance.

Posted by: croftonpost | August 13, 2009 11:53 PM | Report abuse

Vick and the Eagles.. Perfect fit...

Posted by: SkinsneedaGM | August 13, 2009 11:59 PM | Report abuse

I live in the hometown of Vick and he will never be more than a punk or thug. I have no love for the Eagles but now loathe them deeply for employing a man who would personally kill helpless animals and who has shown absolutely ZERO remorse for his awful conduct. It is obvious that the most important thing for Vick is to be an athlete rather than to demonstrate that he is first a worthy human being. I just hope that when he plays the Redskins that they give him the disrespect and contempt he deserves. The NFL was wrong for allowing him to comeback so soon after jail time. He has not demonstrated any change and has not been given time to prove that he deserves any chance to do more than to sweep floors for a living.

Posted by: laserwizard | August 14, 2009 12:46 AM | Report abuse

haha....laserwizard...i love it. ok...a guy goes to jail..serves time and he should still be punished??? Do you live in America? or are YOU one of those guys who want to kick a guy when he is down? let him prove himself..what more does he have to do? if he messes up, then yes, ban his a$$. but what if...just what if...he changes and becomes a great person and football player. dont compare football to our normal every day jobs because its a non comparison.

Posted by: TampaBayareaRedskinsfan | August 14, 2009 1:38 AM | Report abuse

WTF,VICK THE LOW LIFE FREAK IS GOING TO PLAY FOOTBALL AGAIN?
IF HE DOESN'T DIE ON THE FIRST DAY, I AM GOING TO PROTEST.
THUG, THUG, THUG.
DIRTY FREAK!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: hatevick | August 14, 2009 2:52 AM | Report abuse

Laser, I couldn't agree with you more, and I'm not the least bit surprised to hear your impressions of him from growing up around him. Look folks, it's not like he cheated on his taxes, or his wife, or bet on baseball. Among other things, he dispatched dogs, exhausted from the fight in which he employed them, by slamming them into the concrete - personally. This says VOLUMES about a flawed, damaged character that will not be improved by time behind bars or a few counseling sessions.

He served his sentence. Good for him. That means he gets out of jail, and can SEEK employment. It doesn't mean anyone has to hire the psychopath (and I use that term quite literally. The inability to empathize with other living creatures is THE hallmark of a psychopath, and the actions for which he's been convicted are the clearest evidence anyone needs to see how disturbed he is).

Anyone that honestly believes jail time or some mandatory counseling has done anything to improve his character is a fool, as is anyone that thinks that sort of deeply flawed character won't manifest itself again and again.

I love the Skins, and want them to win, but even if Vick is a net gain for his new team (which i doubt), I'd still never want that poor excuse for a human being him on any team I support.

Hey, slave labor really improves your bottom line - so would you use it if you were allowed? Hey, it's about winning, right?
---------------------------------------

Posted by: TampaBayareaRedskinsfan | August 14, 2009 1:38 AM

-------------
that's right - it's a game, not economic survival, so the standards should be even higher!
---------------------
Tampa writes (to Laser): are YOU one of those guys who want to kick a guy when he is down? let him prove himself..just what if...he changes and becomes a great person and football player.
Posted by: TampaBayareaRedskinsfan
------------------------------------------
Tampa, I don't want to kick a guy when he's down - that's Vick's thing - in case you didn't hear, he'd also stomp his own dogs to death when they'd lose.

Is it possible he can be rehabilitated? I suppose - most of the dogs he abused were, so I suppose there's hope even for his sick a$$. But I've seen no proof of it yet - everything I've heard him do has been either required, or self-serving image control. Until I see otherwise, he's just another hustler enamored with himself and material bs.
-------------------------------------

Posted by: hogmeister | August 14, 2009 3:34 AM | Report abuse

I HATE him and wish him the WORST. I wish I could tackle him and MAIM him to the point he would be in the ICU and then a nursing home as a vegetable.

Cruelty to animals should mean a life long ban. If he breaks his neck and ends up in a wheelchair, I will be happy.

This is going to make me join PETA!

I can't wait to join the protesters line up outside the stadium with their placards and signs.

Lurie will regret this move.

Posted by: Rubiconski | August 14, 2009 4:40 AM | Report abuse

the hate and comments by some of you people says more about you than Vick. you all are a joke.

Posted by: SadieV | August 14, 2009 9:10 AM | Report abuse

For all of you haters,

Vick is one of the best running quater backs to ever play football. Can any of you run 4.5 40's. I highly doubt it, yoy guys sit at your desk making 40-50k a year and just look down at pro athletes. They work hard and some of them come from nothing. Let the man be.

Posted by: quickcoll | August 14, 2009 9:26 AM | Report abuse

Vick may have paid his "criminal debt" to society, but he will never be able to repay his moral debt. He is a talented athlete and he had a great chance. Instead of doing good, he electrocuted helpless animals for fun.

He demonstrated a complete lack of morals and character. Time in jail will never give you morals or character if you had none to start with. He is a disgrace. He doesn't deserve another chance in the NFL. Let him prove that he can be a contributing member of society someplace else but NOT in the highly visible world of the NFL.

The Eagles organization is apparently morally bankrupt, too.

Posted by: KathleenVS | August 14, 2009 9:36 AM | Report abuse

So here's my question.... If Stallworth is allowed back in the NFL, will you same people that seem to HATE Vick feel the same about Stallworth?

Posted by: TCM80 | August 14, 2009 9:49 AM | Report abuse

Mann! this is deep to a degree! people use such words as hate I hope he dies geeh.. the man served his time for breaking the law here in the United States for "funding" dog fighting.. boy I hope you guys who are upset with Vicks second chance at life or football career feel the same way about animal cruelty in other parts of the world ( for example in South Korea its common to slaughter dogs) read this article http://www.foodreference.com/html/artdogmeat.html

All in all here in America we value animals more at times than human life itself what a shame time to make a change of this nonsense and also how about these celebrities or who ever stop adopting children in other countries and start at home in the States "Madonna, Jolie, etc.. I seen a few kids here in the Nations Capital DC that need love and a home..!

Go!! Vick I hope you do well just not against my Skins..!

Posted by: elj220 | August 14, 2009 10:00 AM | Report abuse

Hey, Laserwizard

Why would you even be an Eagles fan living or coming from VA anyway? You and the rest of your Vick hating friends need to get off the bandwagon. Michael Vick didn't kill any of your cute little dogs, so get over it....

Posted by: ENJOYA | August 14, 2009 10:27 AM | Report abuse

I love dogs, but I hate animal rights types.

Posted by: ecale25 | August 14, 2009 10:55 AM | Report abuse

For all of you haters,

Posted by: quickcoll | August 14, 2009 9:26 AM | Report abuse

------------------------

We also don't commit crimes of moral depravity.

I used to be a big Vick fan. I'm fine if he plays football for the Eagles. That's between them and the NFL.

But while Vick may have served his criminal sentence, he has a long way to go to redeem himself. If he does, good for him, but I won't be cheering for the guy in the meantime.

Posted by: ghokee | August 14, 2009 10:59 AM | Report abuse

Maybe while Vick is waiting for full reinstatement during the regular season he can watch Hall's dogs while D'Angelo is on a road trip. After all, Vick is rehabilitated and so forth. I suppose that Vick will celebrate this contract the same way he celebrated making bail - by using drugs. A cheetah never looses its spots and Jeffrey Lurie is going to learn the hard way.

Posted by: VeloStrummer | August 14, 2009 11:13 AM | Report abuse

Laserwizard... you dumbazz!!!! I don't hear you saying ANYTHING about what Rick Pitino did. Sure Vick probably provided the finances to the dog ring that killed dogs but what about Rick Pitino giving money for an ABORTION to kill an innocent life!!! YOU FREAKIN MORAN!!!!

SPEAK ABOUT THAT BEFORE YOU OPEN YOUR FREAKIN MOUTH AND TALK ABOUT SOMEBODY WHO ALREADY SERVED TIME IN JAIL AND PAID HIS DEBT TO SOCIETY!! I bet you (lasertag) just love cheatin on your wife and screwin around on men and women... you freakin jerk!!!

LONG LIVE MICHEAL VICK!!!

Posted by: scoopluv8 | August 14, 2009 11:38 AM | Report abuse

Rubiconski...

I see your a dumbazz too... Vick did not kill anybody! But guess who did??? Rick Pitino, that's right... the soon-to-be, employed coach at University of Louisville and married to his wife... yeah that's right... supplying money for an ABORTION to kill an innocent unborn child that could have had life to be something in the cruel world... But naw, your punk azz only see's an african american trying to get his life back together who has an opportunity again to further his career and you!!! (RUBICONSKI) shoots him down.. Atleast I know your white...

Again.... long live Micheal Vick...

If I was outside the Philly staduim and I saw you standing there with the protesters I'd RUN right up to you, snatch the sign your holding and BEAT YOUR AZZ WITH IT!!!!

Posted by: scoopluv8 | August 14, 2009 11:48 AM | Report abuse

Mikey Vick is a felon.

The Redskins will finish with a 4-12 record.

It's time to say goodbye to Vincent Cerrato.

Too bad, Danny Snyder.

Maryland will finish with a 2-10 record.

Maryland's defensive line and linebacker corps are a joke --- no pass rush whatsoever and give up a ton of long yardage plays.

I have seen harder hitting teams in powder puff leagues.

The only hard hits the Terps make - are out of bound plays - which cost them an additional 15 yards - which are quite frequent.

California's running back - Best - will gain 296 yards in the opening game

I love it, when Maryland constantly gets embarrassed on national TV.

Prediction:

California -- 56
Maryland -- 10

It's hilarious to see Maryland win a game - and the very next week get clobbered by a Virginia Tech - Boston College.

It is great to see Maryland go down to a crushing defeat on recruiting front (the kids they have received commitments from - are a joke! - taking the bottom of the barrel)

Carolina Blue - Carolina WHITE - Go Tar Heels - Let's go Tar Heels !

Posted by: hclark1 | August 14, 2009 1:36 PM | Report abuse

I don't understand why everyone one is making a big deal about the Vick signing in terms of Football.

On the field he isn't very accurate. Yes, he can move around, and yes he ran for a great deal of yards. But how many of those scrambling "Slash" QB's have had sustained success in the NFL? Look around the league and tell me how many true "Slash" scrambling QB's there are in the league? The experiment that Vick, Stewart, Cunningham and others were a part of is over. There are tons of Slash style QB's in college, but how many actually get drafted and play?

In order to win a SB you need a smart, accurate QB that can quickly read defenses and react. Steve Young could scramble, but he didn't rely on it, he didn't have to. Slash style QB's run because they don't have the skill to consistently complete passes to march their team down the field and they have to compensate. If Vick can learn how to be accurate, he will have success, but that's a tall order...

Posted by: scotchirishprince | August 14, 2009 2:09 PM | Report abuse

@laserwizard - C'mon folks, the man served 2 years in prison, 2 years,over some dogs, its not even people we're talking about dogs, i guess he should have got life. Who cares. Have some balls and just say you don't like black people. You all won't say that, freakin' cowards. If this was a white player you know the tone of this disscussion would be different. Now i know some of you out there really love your pets and truly are outraged, but there is a large contingent of you all that are standing behind the dog fighting as a platform to spew your typical good ol' boy racist hate, stand up and say what really mean you gutless, spineless, yellow-bellied, confederate flag huggin' fudge-packers.

Posted by: delfranklin4 | August 14, 2009 2:20 PM | Report abuse

Hey TCM, the answer is "no," and here's why. Stallworth did a stupid thing in driving drunk, and the law of averages caught up to him. He killed another human being, and most ppl would value that life over the lives of the dogs.

BUT, he had an ACCIDENT. He didn't DECIDE to do it - he DECIDED to drink and drive, and that decision resulted in a fatal ACCIDENT. Vick CHOSE to murder dogs in his care, REPEATEDLY, CRUELLY, and for SPORT. Vick's actions show FAR greater moral bankruptcy. Stallworth deserves a second chance AFTER paying for his MISTAKE. Vick deserves to live out his life trying to become a decent human being, NOT being paid millions on one of our biggest stages.

Apples and oranges, TCM.
----------------------------------------

Posted by: TCM80 | August 14, 2009 9:49 AM

Posted by: hogmeister | August 14, 2009 3:05 PM | Report abuse

Hey (dog poop)Scoop and 220, do your homework. He did a helluva lot more than just "fund" dogfighting operations. He personally murdered dogs that had just lost, or for whatever reason didn't "cut it." He did so by slamming them to the concrete, stomping on them, and drowning them.

I realize you may have no moral compass, but most of us do, and find this type of behavior unacceptable, regardless of time served. And again, if you think pumping iron behind bars, sitting through some mandatory counseling sessions, and listening to his publicist's advice about what Humane Society functions to attend has done anything to change his pathology (look it up), you're bigger fools than your posts would indicate.

Note to PoopScoop: "your" - possessive pronoun; "you're" - contraction of "you are". It's called "English". You should try it some time. Now, back to your crack pipes.

Posted by: hogmeister | August 14, 2009 3:14 PM | Report abuse

Oh, and Poop, I almost forgot to address your threats of violence towards Rubicon. My thought are: 1) ooooooow, threatening violence from the safety of your computer - how very brave of you! I'm shaking in my cyberboots, and 2) typical reaction of someone unable to cogently argue their position (not that you have much ammo there).

And to delfranklin, i know it's convenient to label all Vick bashers, "good ol' boy racist[s]...confederate flag huggin' fudge-packers," but it's also a cop-out. I, for one, happen to be a liberal dem that voted for Obama (and couldn't be happier about it), have NEVER called for Campbell's benching, and was born a poor black child (okay, that last was stolen from Steve Martin).

I abhor racism... as much as I do cruelty to animals. So go pound sand.

Posted by: hogmeister | August 14, 2009 3:28 PM | Report abuse