Happy Festivus (A Wee Bit Early)

Someone suggested a Festivus entry (I believe it was Toddcoat, TBFKA Redcoat). Today seems like the perfect day, even though purists will note that the official date of Festivus is Dec. 23, since I was greeted this morning by this message:
The common cluster was down again for several hours this morning. When it is down, site registration is down, so the blogs that are behind registration won't accept comments. It should be fine now.
We've got a loooonnnng ways to go until kickoff, so let's air our grievances, shall we? First! (Beat you to it.) Loseable Type. That's it. Just Loseable Type.

By Cindy Boren  |  December 16, 2007; 10:37 AM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Injury Report\Comcast\Odds and Ends
Next: Inactives/Other Stuff

Comments

Could i be first! yippy

Posted by: dave197391 | December 16, 2007 10:57 AM | Report abuse

Survey time!

If Dallas and NE make it to the Super Bowl, how many of you will NOT watch it?

Posted by: cmecyclist | December 16, 2007 10:58 AM | Report abuse

Where is everyone?

Posted by: dave197391 | December 16, 2007 11:00 AM | Report abuse

I will watch NE kick the snot out of the cowpatties

Posted by: dave197391 | December 16, 2007 11:01 AM | Report abuse

So, I'm confused by Arizona vs. NO. Who do we want in that game? Or is anyone really thinking we're going to win out?

Posted by: pulldownclaw | December 16, 2007 11:08 AM | Report abuse

what a waste of a thread, i dont care about festivus, i was looking for an update that sam hollenbach had been signed to the skins active roster, which he has

Posted by: timidwick | December 16, 2007 11:11 AM | Report abuse

Grievance #1: I received a New England Patriots Festivus Pole ornament from my aunt in Chatham.

Posted by: SMACK1 | December 16, 2007 11:12 AM | Report abuse

I think Arizona because NO needs to lose one to an NFC team and their last two games are rollovers. If we tie records with AZ, we are in.

Posted by: cmecyclist | December 16, 2007 11:13 AM | Report abuse

who is going to start the airing of grievances?

Posted by: trailblazer658 | December 16, 2007 11:16 AM | Report abuse

Definetly Arizona, yeah, definetly the Cardinals. However, no one has ever gotten rich betting on Bidwell's teams. I think there is a better chance of the Giants losing out then New Orleans losing one game, honestly.

Posted by: johndinhouston | December 16, 2007 11:18 AM | Report abuse

The key to victory is Todd!

Posted by: trailblazer658 | December 16, 2007 11:18 AM | Report abuse

Do we have to air out our grievances? I don't want to air out grievances! I'm sick of airing out my grievances!

Posted by: cmecyclist | December 16, 2007 11:31 AM | Report abuse

Special sub-thread for "timidwick":

"Redskins Note: The Redskins activated Sam Hollenbach, a rookie from Maryland, from the practice squad to be the third quarterback, and released wide receiver Jimmy Farris.

Staff writer Jason La Canfora contributed to this report."

(It always helps to read the Wash. Post's Redskins stories as well as the blog.)

Posted by: tafka | December 16, 2007 11:43 AM | Report abuse

any chance we get to Hollenbach?

Posted by: trailblazer658 | December 16, 2007 11:46 AM | Report abuse

any chance at seeing Hollenbach?

Posted by: trailblazer658 | December 16, 2007 11:47 AM | Report abuse

"It should be fine now." -- TheCindy

Another of the countless lies propagated by this sports desk illiuminati. Loseable Type and the phase "be fine now" are mutually exclusive.
Note that while it's possible -- even easy to F Jasno and F ChRIS larRy, I cannot do the same for TheCindy. I'm sure there's a Sociology PhD thesis on that.

Posted by: daggar | December 16, 2007 11:54 AM | Report abuse

This Festivus stuff here wasn't somehow inspired by Jason, was it?

"Festivus" is a term used by the Baltimore Ravens (and their fans) to denote the playoffs. During the 2000 National Football League season, Ravens head coach Brian Billick banned his players from using the word "playoffs" during the season as he wanted his players to focus on every game and not look ahead. Players substituted the term "festivus" for playoffs and "festivus maximus" for the Super Bowl. The Ravens eventually went on to win the Super Bowl that season. (wikipedia)

Accordingly, Festivus has been cancelled this year in Baltimore.

Posted by: tafka | December 16, 2007 11:55 AM | Report abuse

any chance at seeing Hollenbach?

Posted by: trailblazer658 | December 16, 2007 11:46 AM ... and again at 11:47 AM

That depends, do you need insurance?

Posted by: daggar | December 16, 2007 11:56 AM | Report abuse

Well, X, it was good chatting with ya. Have fun at the Giants blog.

Posted by: daggar | December 16, 2007 11:58 AM | Report abuse

Sociology PhD thesis summary:

Henceforth, Daggar will be known for all time as "Oedipus Festivus".

Posted by: tafka | December 16, 2007 11:59 AM | Report abuse

I would rather gouge my eyes out then have to sit through a Patriots v Cowboys Super Bowl. How I loathe those preening schmoes.

Posted by: mjwies11 | December 16, 2007 12:08 PM | Report abuse

X, sweet! Do you have any tickets for sale?

tafka, Festivus was a term, invented on Seinfeld, for a non-religious holiday in December. That predates any crazy Raven usage.

Posted by: washingtonpost | December 16, 2007 12:10 PM | Report abuse

x, why don't you go get mental health counseling and depart this venue?

Posted by: forces | December 16, 2007 12:29 PM | Report abuse

Dunno how you could just switch teams so easily... I was speaking with a co worker and he was telling me how his Dolphins were going to spoil the Patriots perfect season. Of course I laughed at him and asked are you serious!?? He says YES they will not allow New England to take their record.... I wondered how he could be sooo confident.. I asked him if he had actually watched any of the games this year? He informed me he grew up in florida and never missed a game and this season was no exception.

Posted by: trailblazer658 | December 16, 2007 12:32 PM | Report abuse

658,

If I knew your co-worker, I would want to be friends with him/her. Sticks with you no matter how bad things for you. Loyalty. Good stuff.

Uh... not like some x-fans.

Posted by: cmecyclist | December 16, 2007 12:39 PM | Report abuse

X, the Giants don't beat the snot out of anyone. They've managed to win some close games, but got the snot beat out of themselves just a couple of weeks ago (41-17) by Minnesota.

X, I wouldn't hitch my wagon to the Giants if I was looking for a winner to root for! Keep looking, son.

Posted by: Alan4 | December 16, 2007 12:43 PM | Report abuse

I don't have any issues. I am a perfectly well adjusted person.

Posted by: not X_1967/ December 16,2007

Posted by: notguy | December 16, 2007 12:45 PM | Report abuse

X is delusional about modeling any franchise after the Giants. There are only 3 or 4 model franchises in the NFL (sadly, the 'Skins used to be one of them under Mr. Cooke). The Giants are not one of them.

That said, while I can understand mocking and ridiculing X for such a preposterous statement, I completely understand his animosity towards the 'Skins franchise as a whole. Frankly, as a season ticket holder (one who flies cross country for games), I'm rapidly approaching the "fed up" point myself. The product on the field is rarely of high quality, and the product in the stands is filled with horrendous food and beverages, to say nothing of drunkards and idiots. At this point, I root for the 'Skins for the requisite 3 hours per week mostly out of nostalgia for my childhood, but no longer participate in the rabid fandom I once did (personalized license plates, jerseys, jackets, posters, etc)...

Now, if the Redskinettes made seat-calls, that would probably get me to fly back for a game again...

There, that is my grievance :-)

Posted by: PDiddy | December 16, 2007 12:50 PM | Report abuse

Giants always play close games. Skins always play close games.

Giants almost always win close games. Skins always lose close games.

Give the 4pts.

Posted by: gdennie | December 16, 2007 12:52 PM | Report abuse

after the airings of grievances TODD COLLINS will perform the feats of strength

Posted by: trailblazer658 | December 16, 2007 12:58 PM | Report abuse

after the airing of grievances TODD COLLINS were perform the feats of strength

Posted by: trailblazer658 | December 16, 2007 12:59 PM | Report abuse

dammit cant type today

Posted by: trailblazer658 | December 16, 2007 12:59 PM | Report abuse

Cowher says he is not interested in coaching in 2008 - at least not for Atlanta.

Posted by: tafka | December 16, 2007 1:08 PM | Report abuse

festivus is from seinfeld not the ravens whether they said itor not seinfeld did it first. and its not the 18th its the 23rd. get your stuff right guys, where talkin about one of the best shows ever here.

Posted by: jimmd83 | December 16, 2007 1:08 PM | Report abuse

As someone who has rarely been able to afford going to games from childhood on, and when we did/do it was a special event. So it gets a bit old to keep hearing people complain about the game day experience. Lots of folks would love to be there. Its not like your forced to buy tix......

Posted by: chrislarry | December 16, 2007 1:12 PM | Report abuse

Good to see the Packers with 21 on their helmets.

Posted by: jm220 | December 16, 2007 1:15 PM | Report abuse

Good article in NY Times on post football LaVar. He will be standing on giants sideline tonight, which depresses me....

Posted by: chrislarry | December 16, 2007 1:26 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: chrislarry | December 16, 2007 1:29 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: chrislarry | December 16, 2007 01:12 PM

As a first year season ticket holder after waiting 10 years, I totally agree. I LOVE my last row at the very top seats - I jumped around my apt. when I got the letter that I could get them - and share the love when I cannot go and only sell my tix at face value to other fans.

Posted by: suzannepdc | December 16, 2007 1:37 PM | Report abuse

Oops! My bad on Festivus. I'll correct it.

Posted by: TheCindy | December 16, 2007 1:42 PM | Report abuse

Snow game in Buffalo!

Posted by: PDiddy | December 16, 2007 1:44 PM | Report abuse

in cleveland

Posted by: chrislarry | December 16, 2007 1:45 PM | Report abuse

Sorry, Cleveland. Buffalo at Cleveland. Awesome.

Posted by: PDiddy | December 16, 2007 1:45 PM | Report abuse

I'm toggling between the game in Cleveland and Jets-Pats! Solid move by the Bills punter!

Posted by: TheCindy | December 16, 2007 1:46 PM | Report abuse

Dude, have you seen Cleveland?!?!

Posted by: suzannepdc | December 16, 2007 1:46 PM | Report abuse

Oh, this Buffalo/Cleveland game is going to be awesome to watch. Buffalo just snapped the punt over the punter's head. Safety Cleveland. Hehehe. I have to say, the only thing better than watching fat guys run is watching millionaire athletes deal with crap weather.

Posted by: PDiddy | December 16, 2007 1:46 PM | Report abuse

Looked like Kellen Clemens -- Clemen Kellens? -- might have separated his shoulder on that first drive.

Posted by: TheCindy | December 16, 2007 1:47 PM | Report abuse

damn wish i could watch the snow game....

Posted by: chrislarry | December 16, 2007 1:48 PM | Report abuse

Has anyone noticed that ToddCoats Dolphins are still wearing the 21 sticker?

Posted by: tweedr01 | December 16, 2007 1:48 PM | Report abuse

Hop on the Peter Pan bus ($69 round trip) and you can watch it in here.

Posted by: TheCindy | December 16, 2007 1:49 PM | Report abuse

Refs can't find the yardlines in Cleveland. This is awesome.

Posted by: PDiddy | December 16, 2007 1:50 PM | Report abuse

It really is great! Maybe they could bring in a guy on work release with a snowplow...

Posted by: TheCindy | December 16, 2007 1:53 PM | Report abuse

Snap dropped by Pats punter, he can't get the kick off, it's semi-blocked and returned for a TD by Jetsies.

Posted by: TheCindy | December 16, 2007 1:54 PM | Report abuse

Players can't catch anything in Cleveland. I say they should play with 12 guys, forward motion, and punts on 3rd down.

Posted by: PDiddy | December 16, 2007 2:06 PM | Report abuse

Chad...rhymes with bad.

Posted by: TheCindy | December 16, 2007 2:07 PM | Report abuse

Toddcoat's Fish are about to score!!!!!!!! Well, Cleolemon's pass to wide receiver Jason Taylor (yes!) is incomplete. Third down at the five.

Posted by: TheCindy | December 16, 2007 2:09 PM | Report abuse

Pats block a punt. First and goal at teh three. The great thing about this game is that the fans throw snow up in the air every time the Pats do something good.

Posted by: TheCindy | December 16, 2007 2:12 PM | Report abuse

Jets settle for a three. Ravens come back with a TD.

Posted by: TheCindy | December 16, 2007 2:20 PM | Report abuse

Browns kick ugliest 49-yard FG you'll ever see. Derek Anderson runs onto field to congratulate teammates and appears to be wearing an oven mitt on his hand.

Posted by: TheCindy | December 16, 2007 2:22 PM | Report abuse

Clemens' injury is to his ribs.

Posted by: TheCindy | December 16, 2007 2:31 PM | Report abuse

I think the most impressive thing about this season is how the Pats fans have stuck by their team through both the good and the bad.

Posted by: PDiddy | December 16, 2007 2:37 PM | Report abuse

Jets were, however inadvertently, driving...until they fumble and Adalius Thomas recovers.

Posted by: TheCindy | December 16, 2007 2:46 PM | Report abuse

any predictions on the game tonight?

Posted by: trailblazer658 | December 16, 2007 2:53 PM | Report abuse

Giants win in another fourth quarter collapse by the 'Skins.

I actually have to go to another holiday party tonight, so won't be able to BMGO with everyone. The chick throwing this party has promised me that I can watch the game, though :-)

Cindy: Wallaby Organics Banana Vanilla yogurt. DEEEElicious!

I'm also baking cookies right now for the party. Triple Chocolate Chip and homemade Oreos (with cream cheese filling). You should come over for some cookies...and some really cheap (but great) Spanish wine.

Posted by: PDiddy | December 16, 2007 2:57 PM | Report abuse

Watching Jax/Pitt (on Red Zone Channel), and I have to say, I wish they would highlight Troy Polamalu more. Dude is an unheralded star in the NFL.

Posted by: PDiddy | December 16, 2007 2:59 PM | Report abuse

Wow, Miami scored! If Baltimore loses to the Fish, do we get to mock Jasno mercilessly?

Posted by: PDiddy | December 16, 2007 3:00 PM | Report abuse

I LOVE banana and vanilla; I've gotta get me some of that. Um, don't you guys already mock Jasno mercilessly?

Posted by: TheCindy | December 16, 2007 3:08 PM | Report abuse

Arizona TD. That's good for us, Saints still up by a touchdown.

Posted by: PDiddy | December 16, 2007 3:09 PM | Report abuse

Steelers laying an egg this week, it seems...

Posted by: PDiddy | December 16, 2007 3:12 PM | Report abuse

I'm morally opposed to cloning. Except when it comes to Ed Hochuli. That guy should do every game. You can see the glaring difference between a game he does and a game that, say, Jeff Triplette does.

Posted by: PDiddy | December 16, 2007 3:19 PM | Report abuse

Fish tied up the game! 13-13.

Posted by: PDiddy | December 16, 2007 3:22 PM | Report abuse

I don't think Ed Hochuli would be opposed to being cloned.

Posted by: TheCindy | December 16, 2007 3:31 PM | Report abuse

Come on you Fish!

You'll never swim alone!

Posted by: SMACK1 | December 16, 2007 3:33 PM | Report abuse

Ray Lewis has a broken left hand.

Posted by: TheCindy | December 16, 2007 3:38 PM | Report abuse

GREAT trick play in Pittsburgh on the 2pt conversion. All tied up at 22.

Posted by: PDiddy | December 16, 2007 3:48 PM | Report abuse

Ray Lewis has a broken left hand.

Posted by: TheCindy | December 16, 2007 03:38 PM

He's gonna have to go European style...

Posted by: SMACK1 | December 16, 2007 3:49 PM | Report abuse

Look at Jasno being blog saavy. 5 TCVDs to you.

Lets hope Todd Collins has several victory dances tonight.

Posted by: Dorf | December 16, 2007 4:02 PM | Report abuse

Diddy, Cyn City, have I mentioned that Nathan Jr. LOVES the Wallaby Aussie style yogurt? Loves it. Would eat five a day if we let him. Sprints down the dairy aisle after we clear the product section and starts tossing them into the cart.

He of course calls them kangaroos, which is fine with me (who can tell the difference? oh, right, kost...)

Posted by: NateinthePDX | December 16, 2007 4:10 PM | Report abuse

Well, if Nathan Jr. endorses them, I'm really sold.

Posted by: TheCindy | December 16, 2007 4:11 PM | Report abuse

Wallaby Organics really is awesome stuff.

I might have spoken too early about the Fish...

Posted by: PDiddy | December 16, 2007 4:12 PM | Report abuse

I chose the Fish is my pick 'em leagues. :-( I had a feeling about them. Looks like they'll be close, but not close enough. :-(

Posted by: JustMe | December 16, 2007 4:14 PM | Report abuse

if there is a Great Pumpkin, Stover misses this. I don't like your odds. Toddred.

Posted by: SMACK1 | December 16, 2007 4:15 PM | Report abuse

AND YES!

Posted by: SMACK1 | December 16, 2007 4:16 PM | Report abuse

Just reading the Wallaby Web site. Neat little company.

Can't believe Stover missed this FG. Ugh. Go Fish!

Posted by: PDiddy | December 16, 2007 4:16 PM | Report abuse

Wow. First career miss in OT. LOL

Posted by: JustMe | December 16, 2007 4:17 PM | Report abuse

TD Dolphins! Miami wins! Miami wins!

Posted by: PDiddy | December 16, 2007 4:19 PM | Report abuse

Congrats Redcoat!

Posted by: JustMe | December 16, 2007 4:19 PM | Report abuse

That is awesome.

Hail to the Dolphins!

Posted by: NateinthePDX | December 16, 2007 4:20 PM | Report abuse

Way to go Coatsie!

(Hoping he will read all this later).

Posted by: SMACK1 | December 16, 2007 4:21 PM | Report abuse

Look on the bright side. At least the Ravens have a fantastic front office. I hear when you step inside Ravens HQ, you immediately get the sense of a winner.

Posted by: PDiddy | December 16, 2007 4:21 PM | Report abuse

Dolphins Win! Congrats Redcoat

Posted by: mmok | December 16, 2007 4:21 PM | Report abuse

Ravens SUCK
Mia 22 Bal 16 OT

Posted by: alex35332 | December 16, 2007 4:21 PM | Report abuse

Did that happen at 4:20 pm?

Posted by: SMACK1 | December 16, 2007 4:22 PM | Report abuse

CLEOLEMON!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: TheCindy | December 16, 2007 4:22 PM | Report abuse

Ditty are you being sarcastic?

Posted by: alex35332 | December 16, 2007 4:23 PM | Report abuse

LIZ LEMON!!!!

Posted by: PDiddy | December 16, 2007 4:24 PM | Report abuse

yeah toddcoat, congrats!

How can I put this...

F the ravens
f ozzie newsome
f the "ravens way"
f their whole front office
F the "winning feeling" in their lobby
F ray lewis
F billick
F Edgar Allan Poe

Posted by: chrislarry | December 16, 2007 4:24 PM | Report abuse

Alex, I'm mocking Jasno. Last year, he was assigned to cover the Ravens during the playoffs, and that was more or less his opinion, as posted on this blog.

:-)

Posted by: PDiddy | December 16, 2007 4:25 PM | Report abuse

Ravens lose!

Posted by: jm220 | December 16, 2007 4:25 PM | Report abuse

So does this make Baltimore the worst team in the NFL? Is BB gone after this year?

Posted by: alex35332 | December 16, 2007 4:25 PM | Report abuse

F liz lemon in the good way!

Posted by: chrislarry | December 16, 2007 4:25 PM | Report abuse

Billick got a vote of confidence and a Tall Nonfat Latte from Biscotti.

Posted by: PDiddy | December 16, 2007 4:26 PM | Report abuse

BB just pulled a Gibbs, said his team has great character and they are a great bunch of guys.

Posted by: alex35332 | December 16, 2007 4:26 PM | Report abuse

Quote of the week from last week's "30 Rock":

"So, he still thinks Reagan is President? Lucky man."

(or something like that)

Jack Donaghy for President.

Posted by: PDiddy | December 16, 2007 4:27 PM | Report abuse

In spite of the loss I think Troy Smith needs to just start the last two games and get some play time.

Posted by: alex35332 | December 16, 2007 4:28 PM | Report abuse

I liked the end of 30 rock..

"Fine tomorrow I will take you to a cat house"

Posted by: alex35332 | December 16, 2007 4:29 PM | Report abuse

God, Romo is impressive. This call has to be overturned...

Posted by: PDiddy | December 16, 2007 4:30 PM | Report abuse

was it still a new 30 rock this past week...i have recorded but thought they were into repeats?

Posted by: chrislarry | December 16, 2007 4:31 PM | Report abuse

lavar arrington is a good dude.

Posted by: dwdjmu | December 16, 2007 4:31 PM | Report abuse

diddy your man-crush on romo is becoming embarressing!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: chrislarry | December 16, 2007 4:31 PM | Report abuse

Dolphins are going to the Superbowl!!!.... Oh wait they just won a game

Posted by: trailblazer658 | December 16, 2007 4:32 PM | Report abuse

CL, I don't know what to do about it. I can't believe I like a Cowboys QB. I'm going to talk to my therapist about this.

Larry Nemers' explanation was hilarious. "In the National Football League, a receiver must..."

Posted by: PDiddy | December 16, 2007 4:33 PM | Report abuse

If they don't start Troy Smith the last 2 games D%cklick should be run out of town

Posted by: trailblazer658 | December 16, 2007 4:35 PM | Report abuse

The Dolphins owner was crying after the win strange from a guy taking bids on the team...

Posted by: trailblazer658 | December 16, 2007 4:39 PM | Report abuse

I wonder how Toddcoat is celebrating.

Posted by: TheCindy | December 16, 2007 4:40 PM | Report abuse

Congrats, Redcoat!!! Go Dolphins!

Posted by: Lisa_R | December 16, 2007 4:41 PM | Report abuse

Congratulations to the fins! this just further proves the Ravens suck!!!

Posted by: trailblazer658 | December 16, 2007 4:43 PM | Report abuse

TODDCOAT!!!!!

Posted by: 4-12 | December 16, 2007 4:45 PM | Report abuse

I'm surprised they actually called the horse collar since they rarely do. Ridiculous.

Posted by: JustMe | December 16, 2007 4:47 PM | Report abuse

Oh, horse collar. I misunderstood.

Posted by: TheCindy | December 16, 2007 4:50 PM | Report abuse

It's so hard to root for the Cowboys....it's KILLING me. Not to mention pointless since New Orleans won and have an easy remaining schedule.

Posted by: Lisa_R | December 16, 2007 4:50 PM | Report abuse

Well, against the QB, JustMe, and by the very guy who spawned the rule.

Posted by: SMACK1 | December 16, 2007 4:50 PM | Report abuse

We should try and raise the money to buy the Dolphins on this blog. I hear its worth about 700 mill. I can put up at least $200.

Posted by: alex35332 | December 16, 2007 4:51 PM | Report abuse

SMACK,

I know they made the rule, in large part, because of him. But, I can't count the times I've seen him yank someone down like that and escape a flag.

Posted by: JustMe | December 16, 2007 5:04 PM | Report abuse

if we wanted to buy the phins we should have put our bid in yesterday

Posted by: trailblazer658 | December 16, 2007 5:10 PM | Report abuse

jason witten best tight end in the game...

Posted by: trailblazer658 | December 16, 2007 5:11 PM | Report abuse

Tony Romo best young quarterback

Posted by: trailblazer658 | December 16, 2007 5:16 PM | Report abuse

Romo looks drunk.

Posted by: SMACK1 | December 16, 2007 5:19 PM | Report abuse

Man , you guys are sick! The Skins fans saying positive things about cowpatties and our resident CB fan saying negative things!

Slap, slap! Wake up dudes!

Posted by: cmecyclist | December 16, 2007 5:24 PM | Report abuse

Drunk with luuuuuv, maybe.

Posted by: TheCindy | December 16, 2007 5:25 PM | Report abuse

lol I wish Romo sucked I still hate him and the rest of the cowgirls just sayin he is pretty good... Of course he is no Todd Collins!!

GO TODDSKINS!!!

Posted by: trailblazer658 | December 16, 2007 5:29 PM | Report abuse

I think Jessica, in her pink Romo jersey, is distracting him.

Posted by: mmok | December 16, 2007 5:29 PM | Report abuse

She is a beautiful woman and Kornheiser's bus driver, who drove on one of her tours, swears she's very nice, but it's gonna be an interminable offseason if she and Romo are together because the TV people are going to be showing her reaction -- and, let's face it, they're all pretty much the same -- every two seconds.

Posted by: TheCindy | December 16, 2007 5:32 PM | Report abuse

mmok, I think you are absolutely correct. Romo is trying to show off for his girlfriend. The same thing happened to him last season when Carrie Underwood was in the stands.

Posted by: Lisa_R | December 16, 2007 5:32 PM | Report abuse

I'm betting it would cost about $900M-$1B to buy an NFL franchise in this day and age. As far as investments go, you'd break even in 3-5 years with revenue sharing. While the Dolphins have a long way to go, they're still a phenomenal toy and investment for these rich dudes to play with.

FWIW, I used to work for a dude who is part owner of the Mariners. I once told him how cool I thought it was that he was a professional sports owner. His exact words were, "Owning a professional sports team pretty much turns you off to rooting for or watching professional sports."

(Romo looked awesome on that INT :-) )...

Posted by: PDiddy | December 16, 2007 5:35 PM | Report abuse

I'd show off for Jessica Simpson any darn day of the week. And there is no chance I'd apologize for it :-)

Posted by: PDiddy | December 16, 2007 5:36 PM | Report abuse

Carrie Underwood vs. Jessica Simpson.

Hmmmmm...

Posted by: PDiddy | December 16, 2007 5:37 PM | Report abuse

Personally, I do not find Jessica Simpson attractive. She has an overbite and fake hair. Since Ashley had her nose job she is much more attractive than Jessica.

Posted by: Lisa_R | December 16, 2007 5:38 PM | Report abuse

So it's been exactly 100 years and 2 days since Todd's last start?

Posted by: NateinthePDX | December 16, 2007 5:39 PM | Report abuse

My holiday gift wish to Jason Campbell...The ability to quantify large amounts of information this off-season, while transferring ANY information garnered THIS or the last TWO off-seasons before with a better string of results next season.

Posted by: dbussjd | December 16, 2007 5:40 PM | Report abuse

I like Jessica for her brain.

Posted by: PDiddy | December 16, 2007 5:40 PM | Report abuse

Or is it 1000 years and 2 days? Always have trouble accounting for the turn of the millennium.

Anyway, hail Todd!

Posted by: NateinthePDX | December 16, 2007 5:41 PM | Report abuse

PS...I've got two club level seats with field passes available for the dallas game.

Posted by: dbussjd | December 16, 2007 5:41 PM | Report abuse

Teddy Roosevelt was in attendance at Todd's last start. "Walk softly and carry a big Todd," he said at the time. History has obviously convoluted the original meaning and intent.

Posted by: PDiddy | December 16, 2007 5:42 PM | Report abuse

Surely you jest, Diddy!

Carrie Underwood is worlds above Jessica Simpson in looks and talent.

Posted by: Lisa_R | December 16, 2007 5:42 PM | Report abuse

That's the sound of one hand typing... left pinkie again drafted into service as a pacifier. Not working... he just will not be pacified.

Posted by: NateinthePDX | December 16, 2007 5:42 PM | Report abuse

I believe that Todd's last start was against the Decatur Staleys.

Posted by: PDiddy | December 16, 2007 5:42 PM | Report abuse

Personally, I'd take Avril Lavigne or Christina Aguilera over both of them. But, obviously, I'm here blogging with you guys, so that makes me a huge nerd and knocks me out of the running. Reality is a harsh mistress.

Posted by: PDiddy | December 16, 2007 5:44 PM | Report abuse

Ray Lewis update: it's a dislocated finger, not a broken hand.

Posted by: TheCindy | December 16, 2007 5:44 PM | Report abuse

>>> "That's the sound of one hand typing"

Uh...

Posted by: PDiddy | December 16, 2007 5:45 PM | Report abuse

My God, he's really sitting there with a gob-smacked look on his face.

Posted by: TheCindy | December 16, 2007 5:45 PM | Report abuse

Well poop on Arizona. Thanks for nothin'. Saints haven't won out yet, though (wait, neither have we!). They still have to play Philly (yeah, I know) and then the Bears in Chi-town. I still think one of those teams could get a win.

And someone correct me if I'm wrong, but if NO does win out, and we win out, and NY loses out, NO is #5 and we're #6, yes?

And for just the second time this season, I'll be watching the game with another Skins fan (first time was when my dad visited for a week). My wife assisted her photographer sister with shooting a big fundraiser shindig last night, and was talking to a man & wife who were guests, and somehow football came up and he said he's a huge Skins fan. So my wife, God bless her, set me up on a blind date for this evening. Gonna go watch the game with another life-long diehard. Sweet!

Posted by: freakzilla | December 16, 2007 5:46 PM | Report abuse

Jessica: Is 3-7 like, good?

Posted by: SMACK1 | December 16, 2007 5:46 PM | Report abuse

Diddy to Jessica; "Yes, honey."

Posted by: PDiddy | December 16, 2007 5:48 PM | Report abuse

Red$kin$ moneyline is now up to +250. It seems most gamblers are taking the Giants...

Bet the house on the $kin$!

Posted by: Barno1 | December 16, 2007 5:48 PM | Report abuse

So Romo has a 9.8 rating for the half. Jessica is a 10, so that's not good. She should change into a McNabb jersey at halftime.

Posted by: TheCindy | December 16, 2007 5:49 PM | Report abuse

Hopefully, Philly will play like this against the Saints.

Posted by: mmok | December 16, 2007 5:49 PM | Report abuse

David Patten with another TD in New Orleans. It's too bad he wasn't good enough to play for the 'Skins.

Posted by: PDiddy | December 16, 2007 5:49 PM | Report abuse

if you're wondering who to root for between dallas and philly, it should be philly.

if philly wins, they're still in the playoff hunt, and have at least something to play for against no next week. that's prolly no's best chance to lose one.

if the cowboys lose, they'll play hard against the skins, probably yes, but that's better than playing a resting cowboys team while no has won all their remaining games

Posted by: hailbg | December 16, 2007 5:50 PM | Report abuse

Oh, and Nate: "Todd" is actually the modern vernacular form of "Imhotep," if that's any indication as to date of last start.

Posted by: freakzilla | December 16, 2007 5:50 PM | Report abuse

Correct me if I'm wrong but if Philly keeps winning...and we lose....aren't they right back in the playoff chase?

So like the Eagles to get back in...they do this every year.

Posted by: Lisa_R | December 16, 2007 5:52 PM | Report abuse

Anyone think Mangini is going to get fired this year? He's a SJKhole to begin with, and his team stinks.

Posted by: PDiddy | December 16, 2007 5:53 PM | Report abuse

Yeah sorry Diddy, that came out all wrong. In any event, the wee lad is now sleeping soundly on my chest, so I can type out these awkward malapropisms and unfunnies with all due speed.

In the words of Han Solo, re: the Jints game, I've got a bad feeling about this.

F the Jints every which way. Come on, you Redskins! Let's do this!

Posted by: NateinthePDX | December 16, 2007 5:53 PM | Report abuse

zilla, football somehow came up... when you wife was complaining loudly about your burgeoning blog addiction?

Posted by: NateinthePDX | December 16, 2007 5:55 PM | Report abuse

As this will be my last post, and I never wanted to pull rank, I will now because I am not going to be back. My family is a minority owner of the Redskin franchise.

Many people have been less than nice to the quality of questions I have asked or points I have postulated.

Decide what that means to you. However, I have been vitriolic... for that I apologize. However, my abject reality is no reason to be called an idiot, loser, skitzo, delusional, etc...

I am now gone, but I wish you all to understand the value of words and maybe achieving the level of being called cerebral.

Posted by: X_1967 | December 16, 2007 6:00 PM | Report abuse

J. Simpson is in my top 3 for sure. I would love to rub buffalo sauce all over her.

What?

Posted by: RickyBobby | December 16, 2007 6:01 PM | Report abuse

Xpialadocious?

Posted by: NateinthePDX | December 16, 2007 6:10 PM | Report abuse

NO win leaves them Philly and da Bears. That's not exactly devils row...

The noose is slowly tightening.

Posted by: gdennie | December 16, 2007 6:14 PM | Report abuse

Jessica Simpson is smokin' hot!!! Another reason I hate Romo

Posted by: trailblazer658 | December 16, 2007 6:17 PM | Report abuse

never underestimate the saints ability to lose. The iggles could upset them.... Next week will be another weird one i will have to root for the eagles

Posted by: trailblazer658 | December 16, 2007 6:21 PM | Report abuse

You go first.

Posted by: freakzilla | December 16, 2007 6:22 PM | Report abuse

Romo has hurt his thumb. The Curse of Jessica Simpson!

Posted by: TheCindy | December 16, 2007 6:23 PM | Report abuse

That was a beautiful blitz. This is going to be a pretty good Cowboys/Iggles finish, methinks...

Posted by: PDiddy | December 16, 2007 6:24 PM | Report abuse

So, any guesses as to X's new name when he changes his name and comes back?

And as long as we're bragging, I'm a minority owner of my house.

Posted by: freakzilla | December 16, 2007 6:41 PM | Report abuse

"David Akers." Sounds like a Jewish housing development.

Thank you. I'll be here all week. (Really!)

Posted by: freakzilla | December 16, 2007 6:44 PM | Report abuse

Happy birthday, Z!

Posted by: freakzilla | December 16, 2007 6:45 PM | Report abuse

Cowboys certainly are racking up the injuries today.

Posted by: freakzilla | December 16, 2007 6:54 PM | Report abuse

Someone tell McNabb that there's no dribbling in American Rules football.

Posted by: freakzilla | December 16, 2007 6:55 PM | Report abuse

Tony Romo? More like Tony No-Mo'.

Ha ha ha.

Posted by: freakzilla | December 16, 2007 7:00 PM | Report abuse

Is anyone else here ready for some Toddball?

I am. I'm ready for some Toddball.

Posted by: freakzilla | December 16, 2007 7:02 PM | Report abuse

For that matter, is anyone else here, period?

Posted by: freakzilla | December 16, 2007 7:02 PM | Report abuse

Who to root for?

Philly wins and the Boys have something to play for in Landover.

Posted by: gdennie | December 16, 2007 7:03 PM | Report abuse

Alright, well, I'm about to leave for my man date, so you kids take care, and Go Skins!

Posted by: freakzilla | December 16, 2007 7:07 PM | Report abuse

Be sure to give us a full report tomorrow, Freakzilla.

Posted by: TheCindy | December 16, 2007 7:10 PM | Report abuse

The New York Giants practice bubble collapsed Sunday morning after strong wind blew down one set of revolving doors and let the air out.
The bubble should be back in operation no later than Thursday, said Jim Minish, the executive vice president of facilities for the New Jersey Sports and Exposition Authority, which operates the stadium and Meadowlands sports complex.
"It defends on how long it takes the company making the repairs to fix the door area," Minish said, adding that work will start Monday. "Once they do that, we'll begin the inflation, which takes about three hours."

Posted by: TheCindy | December 16, 2007 7:11 PM | Report abuse