Haynesworth Expected to Settle Tomorrow

Washington Redskins defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth is expected to reach a plea bargain deal tomorrow morning in Williamson County (Tenn.) court in a criminal case stemming from a December car crash in which another driver was seriously injured, according to sources.

Haynesworth faces two misdemeanor traffic charges of reckless driving and having an expired registration.

According to the Tennessean, Haynesworth made an unscheduled appearance at Williamson County court on Tuesday but was told by Circuit Court Judge Jeff Bivins to return Thursday.

Haynesworth's hearing is set for 9 a.m. tomorrow, according to the Williamson County Circuit Court Clerk. The star defensive tackle's case originally had been reset for July 21.

A message left for Haynesworth's attorney, Glenn Funk, was not immediately returned.

By Paul Tenorio  |  July 8, 2009; 7:25 PM ET
 | Tags: Albert Haynesworth
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Hall's Monday Specials and a Football Camp
Next: Haynesworth Pleads No Contest

Comments

I've never done this before, so here goes:

First!!!!

Tee-Hee....

Posted by: MistaMoe | July 8, 2009 7:46 PM | Report abuse

Here, let me guess: the plea deal will consist of a monumental amount of community service and a public apology. I'm glad to see he's trying to settle this now, before the season starts and it becomes a distraction. It will be interesting to hear Goodell's position on this...

Posted by: RedSkinHead | July 8, 2009 7:52 PM | Report abuse

I've never done this before, so here goes:

First!!!!

Tee-Hee....

Posted by: MistaMoe | July 8, 2009 7:46 PM |

D00d. Geeseth. This is the best post you have made in God knows when. Corngrats!

Posted by: LibertyValence | July 8, 2009 8:03 PM | Report abuse

4th Floor here's a flick that both you and your father-in-law can watch together, The Man Who Shot Liberty Valence. It has both Jimmy Stewart and John Wayne in it, and its a western. Excellent, excellent film, plus it has a scene where Jimmy Stewart punches John Wayne in the face knocking him to his a$$.

Posted by: clark202 | July 8, 2009 3:35 PM |

D00d. Geeseth. At least you could have spelled my name right. It is "Liberty Valance", not "Liberty Valence". Valence is for electrons. Heh, heh.

Posted by: LibertyValence | July 8, 2009 8:13 PM | Report abuse

this lull between basketball and football is becoming longer,(at least in my mind). I can barely stand it. Don't talk to me about baseball= boring, or even try
soccer= boring squared.
R U ready for some football!!!???!!!

Posted by: 1965skinsfan | July 8, 2009 8:18 PM | Report abuse

It will be interesting to hear Goodell's position on this...

Posted by: RedSkinHead | July 8, 2009 7:52 PM |

You bring up an interesting point Mr. Head. Goodell in general comes down hard on the street corner "criminal" like Pac, Stall, Burr, Vick, etc., just to show he is "tough" on crime but lets the kingpin criminals like Bellichick (taping his opponents pre-game walk-throughs) off with slap on the wrist and actually does favors for them like destroying the incriminating evidence.

Posted by: LibertyValence | July 8, 2009 8:27 PM | Report abuse

What the dud does when he ain't watching illegal tapings of his opponents pre-game walk-throughs! Heh, heh.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
"Sharon Shenocca, the former Giants receptionist whose alleged romantic relationship with Bill Belichick has complicated her divorce proceedings and made her tabloid fodder, may not move her two kids into the $2.2 million townhouse the Patriots' coach bought for her."

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
"Rumors have started to swirl that Belichick and Linda Holliday are engaged. Holliday is in the process of divorcing Eugene Holliday, a 53-year-old Arkansas businessman who is her third hubby. At a recent Boston area charity poker tournament, Linda was spotted with an enormous diamond on her ring finger."

Posted by: LibertyValence | July 8, 2009 8:53 PM | Report abuse

soccer= boring squared.
R U ready for some football!!!???!!!

Posted by: 1965skinsfan | July 8, 2009 8:18 PM | Report abuse
Never before have I heard a statement that rang so true. Golf can keep my interest, but 24 hours of baseball highlights on Sportscenter is enough to put me in the rubber room.

Posted by: iH8dallas | July 8, 2009 9:05 PM | Report abuse

Don't talk to me about baseball= boring, or even try
soccer= boring squared.

Posted by: 1965skinsfan | July 8, 2009 8:18 PM | Report abuse

I'm with you on baseball; I haven't watched more than two consecutive innings since Cal Ripken Jr. retired.

Though I love watching and playing soccer, I can understand why it is boring for some.

You gotta give soccer one thing: The sexiest female attendance base of any sport. In addition, I'd estimate the average ratio of women to men attending soccer games are much more favorable than an average friday night sausage-fest in your local downtown scene! They aren't as sleazy as I like, but they aren't snobbish either.

Excuse now..I must go watch USA thrash Honduras in Gold Cup play.

Posted by: Vicc | July 8, 2009 9:06 PM | Report abuse

On FanNation today some jerk put out his preseason NFC East predictions. Of course he had the Redskins finishing 4th, right behind the Cowboys. I am of course a bit biased on this subject, but Dallas has shown me nothing that makes me believe they can win this year.Since I am already on this issue, why doesn't our defense get enough credit. They finish 4th last year with no resemblance at all of a pass rush, and a mediocre number of takeaways. This offseason we add the most disruptive defensive tackle in football, and a stud pass rusher in the draft. Undoubtedly this will add to our takeaways, resulting in much better field position.The offense will be able to actually score points with a short field. When will these jerk writers get off of Dallas and Philly and give us some cred. Crush the G-men opening day!

Posted by: iH8dallas | July 8, 2009 9:13 PM | Report abuse

Tonight comedian Jay Leno joke recalled:
"Q: What do Kmart and Michael Jackson have in common? A: Boys shorts half off."

Posted by: FrancoBegbie | July 8, 2009 3:32 PM

You know, you could always depend on Jay to come up with funny jokes in his monologues. With Conan it's like most of his are real lamo. Sigh.

Posted by: LibertyValence | July 8, 2009 9:41 PM | Report abuse

LibertyValence

"This is the best post you have made in God knows when. Corngrats!"

Since my aim is not to please, I'll render you a mighty, "thank you,' for the sarcastic words, sir.

Posted by: MistaMoe | July 8, 2009 9:42 PM | Report abuse

Tonight comedian Jay Leno joke recalled:
"Q: What do Kmart and Michael Jackson have in common? A: Boys shorts half off."

Posted by: FrancoBegbie | July 8, 2009 3:32 PM

Good one!
Q: How did Micheal Jackson get food poisoning?
A: He ate a 5 year old weiner.

Posted by: iH8dallas | July 8, 2009 9:49 PM | Report abuse

--Liberty Valance

When two men go out to face each other, only one returns

Posted by: TheCork | July 8, 2009 9:51 PM | Report abuse

Wonder if Albert would be willing to try out at offensive tackle, or maybe safety, or hey, why not fullback? We might as well find out what position he's best suited for. That's what camp is for, right?

Posted by: Samson151 | July 8, 2009 10:09 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: MistaMoe | July 8, 2009 9:42 PM

Moe, With all due respect (I always wanted to write that) if that's your aim, mostly you're a poor shot.

Posted by: talent_evaluator | July 8, 2009 10:10 PM | Report abuse

soccer= boring squared.
R U ready for some football!!!???!!!

Posted by: 1965skinsfan | July 8, 2009 8:18 PM

Bro, easy on soccer; it's the most watched and the most loved game on planet. Although
I'm a football fan, I'm a soccer fanatic. Few that think soccer is boring doesn't understand the game. The game lasts 90min and it could end zero/zero draw which may be annoying to some. Not having mega- stars like Lionel Messi or Ronaldo on this part of the world doesn't help either but, our team beat Spain and almost defeat Brazil at the confederation cup in South Africa. If you can imagine a CFL team beating up on New England patriot, you will have a little picture of the US team beating Spain. I hope my explanation help a bit. Again, soccer is the most watched sport on this planet Earth.

Posted by: abxinc | July 8, 2009 10:11 PM | Report abuse

When two men go out to face each other, only one returns

Posted by: TheCork | July 8, 2009 9:51 PM

And it's usually not MistaMoe.

Posted by: talent_evaluator | July 8, 2009 10:12 PM | Report abuse

Uhmm.....misdemeanors do not equal felonies, no reason to be concerned about Goodell.

Posted by: SirAnonymoustheGreat | July 8, 2009 10:15 PM | Report abuse

Again, soccer is the most watched sport on this planet Earth.

Posted by: abxinc | July 8, 2009 10:11 PM

And the sport that most people participate in is traffic jams. So what?

Posted by: talent_evaluator | July 8, 2009 10:15 PM | Report abuse

soccer is the most watched sport on this planet Earth.

Posted by: abxinc

we need a more interesting planet

Posted by: zcezcest1 | July 8, 2009 10:18 PM | Report abuse

Soccer Blows!

Posted by: iH8dallas | July 8, 2009 10:21 PM | Report abuse

"When two men go out to face each other, only one returns...And it's usually not MistaMoe."

What's up with the hate?

It seems more and more folks are slinging mud my way.

My posts are lame and unfunny?: bro', if I had good jokes, doncha think I'd be on Comedy Central getting dap from Colbert, a hero of mine.

I try to offend no one, but have become such a Target that folks want to shop only at my posts.

Dudes who never post twist knives into my back with snide remarks and re-appear with new screen names and same lameness.

I guess they don't get that they can skim past my '...rhetorical, long-winded...' rants in the same way I only look for names like Dikshuttle, beantown, brownwood, periculum, 4thfloor, alex, and reddmv.

Perhaps I need to chill for awhile.

"Taxi Driver" is in the dvd player: flick-time.

Peace, y'all.

Posted by: MistaMoe | July 8, 2009 10:37 PM | Report abuse

MistaMoe:
Taxi Driver is one of the greats, monkeysh*t is always golden as long as its NY Times "Fit To Print"...Someday a REAL RAIN will come and wash all the scum off the streets..

Posted by: frak | July 8, 2009 10:56 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: LibertyValence | July 8, 2009 8:53 PM | Report abuse

DUDE! if you're gonna pimp the movie AND use it as your nick, at least get the moniker right. its Valance...Valance...got it?

otherwise you look like a schmuck.

Posted by: mdrockjock | July 9, 2009 12:09 AM | Report abuse

Ugh, I HATE this time of year for sports. BOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRIIIINNNG!!

Go Lance? He is one amazing mo'fo. But ever try to sit down for three hours of bike racing coverage? I'd rather watch Madoff wither in jail for three hours.

I like me some MMA, but dumped cable, so it's just the occasional PPV @ friend's (like this Sat). Still, it's all just killin' time 'til fball. Sigh.

Go 'skins, Snyderatto, keep looking for one more versatile, shovel-ready O-lineman w/o giving up draft picks.

Out.

Posted by: hogmeister | July 9, 2009 2:45 AM | Report abuse

otherwise you look like a schmuck.

Posted by: mdrockjock | July 9, 2009 12:09 AM |

Maybe to you he looks like a schmuck but he knows he is not spelling the name in his userid like the movie spells it. See below:

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Posted by: clark202 | July 8, 2009 3:35 PM |

Posted by: LibertyValence | July 8, 2009 8:13 PM |

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

It is userid=clark202 that seems to have a misunderstanding as to the spelling.

Posted by: BankerVance | July 9, 2009 3:04 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Samson151 | July 8, 2009 10:09 PM

LOL Samson...don't put that out there, Zorn might actually try it!

I'm surprised we didn't make a run at Derrick Brooks to see if perhaps he could play a hybrid OLB/Kicker role...

Posted by: brownwood26 | July 9, 2009 6:29 AM | Report abuse

What's up with the hate?

Posted by: MistaMoe | July 8, 2009 10:37 PM |

MistaMoe, I can see why you wrote that, but it was truly the opposite of my intention. Love your stuff and your style. Always worth reading.

Obviously, I was too oblique for my own good. Lemme 'splain.

You posted that "your aim was not to please." I replied that you're a poor shot (i.e., that you often please). And if you're a poor shot, it follows that if two men to out to face each other...you'd be the one not to return. Get it?

So, my hate was not hate at all. You got your fans, and I'm one of them. The rest of it -- the cheap shots from fake names -- is just normal for a regular poster.

Posted by: talent_evaluator | July 9, 2009 6:45 AM | Report abuse

LOL Samson...don't put that out there, Zorn might actually try it!

Posted by: brownwood26 | July 9, 2009 6:29 AM

I just hope he doesn't start playing Lorenzo Alexander on offense AND defense AND special teams. Then he wouldn't get enough reps and he wouldn't be good at anything.

Posted by: talent_evaluator | July 9, 2009 6:53 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: talent_evaluator | July 9, 2009 6:53 AM

I know right...because a 1st round draft pick that plays your greatest position of need vs. an undrafted rookie who will do any/every thing to make the roster is the same thing!

*sarcasm off*

Posted by: brownwood26 | July 9, 2009 6:58 AM | Report abuse

Moe-

It's loneley at the top.

You're the current king of comedy up here so you've got the bullseye on your back.

This is why celebrities buy pet chimps and don't leave their houses

Relish every moment of it because when the haters stop hating, your reign is over.

Posted by: Original_etrod | July 9, 2009 7:01 AM | Report abuse

*sarcasm off*

Posted by: brownwood26 | July 9, 2009 6:58 AM

Exactly! A first round draft pick, an outstanding athlete with speed and quickness, could never EVER play two positions like an undrafted free agent. These first rounders need to be coddled and required to do only one thing. "Hey, you, get your hand back down in the dirt! Who do you think you are? Lorenzo Alexander?"

Posted by: talent_evaluator | July 9, 2009 7:06 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: talent_evaluator | July 9, 2009 7:06 AM

Unfortunately, we're not talking about basketball. In football, it's a game played moreso between the ears than between the white lines. There's literally hundreds of LBs that are faster and more athletic than London Fletcher. What makes him one of the elite is his intelligence, awareness, and play recognition.

I've never questioned the athleticism of Orakpo or his speed. I question whether he's able to adjust to the speed of the game, improve technique against equal (and sometimes superior) talent, and learn a COMPLETELY NEW POSITION.

But I'm not saying antying I have said before...we obviously won't agree on this T_E, so we can leave it at that. God knows Psps23 and I were going at it just the same on the Haynesworth issue. In both cases I smell trouble, but hope I'm wrong. But if I'm right, just know there's a full case of "I Told You So" in the fridge ready for delivery.

Posted by: brownwood26 | July 9, 2009 7:21 AM | Report abuse

there's a full case of "I Told You So" in the fridge ready for delivery.

Posted by: brownwood26 | July 9, 2009 7:21 AM

You're a fiend, brownwood, a fiend. I've had my share of "I Told You So." It's manufactured by a company called Fleets. It came in a small squeeze bottle with a syringe. And I never drank it. The way I took it was at room temperature. It would have been better at body temperature. But in your fridge? Yikes. I hope you're wrong.

Posted by: talent_evaluator | July 9, 2009 7:49 AM | Report abuse

Hope I'm wrong too, T_E. God knows I do hope I'm wrong...

Didn't go through all the remarks from yesterday, but any thoughts on Zorn saying the vets don't have to stay at training camp overnight? I smell another debacle in that development...

Posted by: brownwood26 | July 9, 2009 7:58 AM | Report abuse

Soccer? Man, I have suffered through enough soccer in my travels outside of the US and I never once gained any affection for the game. It's something to watch when nothing else is on. Now, Rugby, I could give a tip of the cap to - especially Rugby league play. I have often felt the NFL should recruit players from Rugby teams worldwide because these guys are tough, linebacker-sized, and surprisingly athletic.

Posted by: RedSkinHead | July 9, 2009 8:05 AM | Report abuse

moe, thoughs on where doc might end up?? Did you hear, either St. Louis, or some team told Toronto to pick 5 prospects that they want in exchange for doc....are you friggin kidding me?? Thats a great way to ruin your team for YEARS to come.....

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | July 9, 2009 8:10 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: brownwood26 | July 9, 2009 7:58 AM

You smell "debacle" in everything. I don't see it that bad, but it seems like a mistake to me. If you're a team, you stay together.

Yesterday's comments were about everything but football: Elvis, Michael Jackson, Murder/Suicide were the leading topics. No one seemed to notice the bit about vets sleeping in their own beds.

Posted by: talent_evaluator | July 9, 2009 8:11 AM | Report abuse

Thats a great way to ruin your team for YEARS to come.....

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | July 9, 2009 8:10 AM

Like Gibbs trading away all his draft picks.

Posted by: talent_evaluator | July 9, 2009 8:15 AM | Report abuse

Our man Lorenzo has to play three positions because he doesn't play any one of them well enough to be more than a reserve. It's how he keeps making the team.

Like a utility fielder.

Posted by: Samson151 | July 9, 2009 8:15 AM | Report abuse

brownwood26,
I don't think you give blache enough credit. He will find a way to use Orakpo and Haynesworth so their strengths are highlighted and their weaknesses are covered. Frankly, I don't see a lot of difference between a young Marcus Washington and Brian Orakpo except Orakpo is bigger. The way the Redskins intend to use Orakpo is just like they used Marcus Washington in those years when he put his knuckles in the dirt on third down. I think the kid will excel. As for Haynesworth, Blache will use him in a way where can get the most out of the combined unit. If he thinks he can free up more people on the outside by keeping Haynesworth in the middle, then so be it. If he thinks he can create a mismatch on the outside by putting Haynesworth in front of an offensive tackle, then that's where we will see Haynesworth.

And here is my plug for Blache. Look at the talent on the defensive side of the football. Last year, it was a roster filled with what are primarily brown-baggers, and outside of a lack of sacks, they did extraordinarily well. Conversely, this year he has more talent than he, arguably, has ever had in his time with the Redskins and people are worried? Brother, I am not worried about defense this year.

Posted by: RedSkinHead | July 9, 2009 8:17 AM | Report abuse

frak

"Taxi Driver is one of the greats..."

Indeed.

I watched it, "Taxi Driver," and "Casino" in the same 5 day span, and I can't say enough about Robert Deniro as an actor and Martin Scorsese as a director.

There's mebbe, what, 20 years between those films, and somehow the great "Raging Bull" and "Goodfellas" sit glistening in the middle of that time like a pair of mobster's diamond pinky rings.

I could go on and on about these films, but the best thing to do is encourage folks to chill out, remove all distractions, sip an adult beverage, and watch them: they are art an deserve your attenton.

rank'em?:

1. "Raging Bull"

2. "Goodfellas"

3. "Taxi Driver" (the only one missing cool-a$$ed Joe Pesci as the annoying foul-mouthed foil)

4 "Casino" (Sharon Stone is as smooth and fine and white as the junk her character was packing up her nose)

Posted by: MistaMoe | July 9, 2009 8:19 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: talent_evaluator | July 9, 2009 8:11 AM

Just following my nose to recent Redskin history...the only thing that's really worked out well this decade was the Gibbs 2.0 era. Firing Marty for Spurrier was catastrophic, and Zorn has been underwhelming at best. Chances are really strong that he won't be back after next year...closing out the decade with a whopping 5 different coaches. Love the Skins, but what reason do I have to give this organization the benefit of the doubt?

So yes, I smell a debacle in this because this wouldn't be the first time this team underachieved after failing to take training camp seriously. And until Zorn does something right, he doesn't get the benefit of the doubt from me.

Posted by: brownwood26 | July 9, 2009 8:19 AM | Report abuse

8-8 = underwhelming?? Really??

Care to back up the 'really strong' statement with something, oh I don't know, thats been reported somewhere, or something factual, or is that straight out yer arse that you pulled it......

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | July 9, 2009 8:26 AM | Report abuse

Brother, I am not worried about defense this year.

Posted by: RedSkinHead | July 9, 2009 8:17 AM

We weren't in 2006 either.

I'm not saying that the defense is gonna be bad. Just not putting them at #1 overall in July. And recognizing it's not a lock that they'll even be #4 again. For this team to win, you need the D to be 2000 Ravens good (unless the offense improves leaps and bounds from last year). And I don't think they are.

Posted by: brownwood26 | July 9, 2009 8:27 AM | Report abuse

bean

"...thoughts on where doc might end up??"

So long as it's not Boston or New York, I don't care.

The Yanks don't need to waste young talent, and the Sawx don't need him leading a staff with J Beckett as the second starter.

Who could really use him and has the loot to pay him?

The cubbies? (nope)

The phillies? (naw)

The marlins (they are broke)

The cards? (LaRussa will find some minor issue with him and block the move)

The Best Spot for Doc Halladay is--LA

The dodgers (they have the deep farm sytem and and are hungry as the Angels and Lakers got recent rings)

Think of Torre, Manny, Doc, versus Beckett, Francona, Big Papi this Fall y'all.

'Cuz that's what might happen.

Posted by: MistaMoe | July 9, 2009 8:27 AM | Report abuse

moe, good call on LA...I don't want the sox giving up their kids for this guy, don't get me wrong, doc is a top of the rotation guy, but to gut your farm system for him is just irresponsible........

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | July 9, 2009 8:31 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | July 9, 2009 8:26 AM

I know you're probably accustomed to the mediocre brand of Redskin football we've been dealt in recent years, but 8-8 is still VERY underwhelming in my book. Especially when you start off 6-2.

And no, I don't have any factual basis for believing Zorn is gone after this year...just a gut feeling. You can't tell me you wouldn't be shocked to see Zorn back next year if this team goes 8-8 again (or worse), not with the big names that Danny loves like Shanahan, Holmgren and Gruden out there.

Posted by: brownwood26 | July 9, 2009 8:33 AM | Report abuse

bean

"...thoughts on where doc might end up??"

Philly = contending team built to win now that needs a #1 pitcher and has prospects to deal in return

Posted by: p1funk | July 9, 2009 8:36 AM | Report abuse

8-8 for a rookie coach, installing a new offense, thats underwhelming??

I'd say thats right where he needed to be, sure the end of the year was a disappointment, but JZ is a smart guy, and I think he'll make the adjustments needed for year 2 to be successful.

just a gut feeling - thanks for clarifying that....so it could very well have been gas instead....

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | July 9, 2009 8:40 AM | Report abuse

bean/pfunk1

LA or Philly: so long as it's not the AL, I don't care where he--Halladay-- goes.

Hardcore Yankees fans know the team has about 7 very good young players who'll make a nice core as the old vets--Jeter, Posada, Riviera--move on or take on reduced roles.

Why make the in-division Jays better with multiple players (and two 1st round draft picks) for just one guy?

Posted by: MistaMoe | July 9, 2009 8:43 AM | Report abuse

moe, thats what I'm thinking as well, why would you trade your top guys interdivisionally, so for the next 5-10 years they can come back and light you up, not to mention that doc's gonna want to get re-done on the contract end of things....

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | July 9, 2009 8:45 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | July 9, 2009 8:40 AM

Doubt it's gas, but I see where you're going with that. I hope I'm wrong too. I just connect the dots from what I see from this team and it's seldom good. Nothing would please me more than being loud wrong about the Skins and watching them keep the Super Bowl streak alive.

Posted by: brownwood26 | July 9, 2009 8:46 AM | Report abuse

USA...USA...USA...

Anyone else go last night? We whopped 'em!
It was great to see the other team fall apart with 10 minutes left. We broke their spirit.

If they got rid of the pansy acting and basically snide condescending attitudes, it'd be a lot more popular in the states.

Haiti Next!!

Posted by: DikShuttle | July 9, 2009 8:47 AM | Report abuse

I'm leaning w/ Brownie on this one.

If Zorn doesn't make at least one win in the playoffs (maybe two), he'll be gone. And Soup along with him. Depending on where the D is ranked or who is brought in, Blache will be gone too.

And given what we believe the root of the problem is (O Line) and what little development there has been on that score, It's entirely arguable that they won't be better than 8-8 and out of the playoffs.

I picked 'em to go 10-6 when the schedule came out. And I fully accept that as being a 'rose colored glasses' stance.

Posted by: DikShuttle | July 9, 2009 8:54 AM | Report abuse

Welcome to the Dark Side, Dik. It's lonely over here...

You do raise a good point though: the schedule. Their schedule is pretty easy and I think that alone keeps them at or over .500 but this is a team that typically plays down to its weaker opponents and that (plus a tough division) brings them down to 8-8 in my opinion. Again: hope I'm wrong, but just calling it like I see it.

Posted by: brownwood26 | July 9, 2009 9:13 AM | Report abuse

I'm wondering why Haynesworth -- given all the money he's getting -- couldn't also serve as Head Coach. I mean, how difficult can it be? He could start getting some reps in camp, and then if it didn't work out, maybe he could switch over to special teams and Bugel could take on the HC duties.

Posted by: Samson151 | July 9, 2009 9:17 AM | Report abuse

I remember another coach that had a VERY UNDERWHELMING first year when he went 8-8. If i recall he did nothing after that, minus the 3 rings he collected for us. Give the guy a chance before summoning the rain clouds!!!

Posted by: Stu27 | July 9, 2009 9:18 AM | Report abuse

8-8 for a rookie coach, installing a new offense, thats underwhelming??

Good point, I just wish we had finished the season 6-2 instead of 2-6. Several teams have used an 8-8 season as a springboard to go deep into the playoffs the following season and even occasionally the Super Bowl.

Posted by: RedskinJim1 | July 9, 2009 9:20 AM | Report abuse

Wow, so Mcnair’s girlfriend did it….what a freakin psycho. Still so may strange/unanswered questions around this though, and I think Mcnair’s name is going to really get dragged through the dirt. Here’s some of my questions after having read the article on nfl dot com;

- If Mcnair bought the girl a new SUV, why did she still have 2 car payments?
- Why did Mcnair have a roommate in his condo; can’t afford to live on his own? Strange.

Mcnair’s other girlfriend is probably very sad, but feels like she “dodged a bullet” there. OH!

Posted by: dlhaze1 | July 9, 2009 9:23 AM | Report abuse

Sorry I spelled Liberty Valance wrong guys. It's still a great movie none the less.

Posted by: clark202 | July 9, 2009 9:23 AM | Report abuse

Stu, what did that coach have that this coach doesn't? (Which plays exactly into my point, btw).

HOGS!!

We got no Hogs. Here's hopin' aging MWil can be the difference there!!

Hail!!

btw, with the additions of Dockery & MWil, where does this put us sizewize? I'm sure it's not the bottom anymore, but are we close to average? oversized? Stathounds, hook me up!

Posted by: DikShuttle | July 9, 2009 9:26 AM | Report abuse

Look for The Steve McNair Affair on Lifetime, every woman in the world will be tuning in on that one.

Posted by: clark202 | July 9, 2009 9:27 AM | Report abuse

Anyone have a current weigh in for Mike Willams? The Post is listing him at 370, but I don't know how current that is.

Posted by: clark202 | July 9, 2009 9:31 AM | Report abuse

Come on Liberty. Taping a practice is a violation of the law? What planet are you from? The real issue here is that Danny may have paid Albert millions only to have him watch the first part of the season from jail/home/place of community service, but not from the field or sidelines. Don't be surprised if he is suspended for a few games.
Some owners, Snyder included would sign Stalin if he could play football. i think I would rather lose without Albert than win with him. He is a schmuck.

Posted by: chopin224 | July 9, 2009 9:35 AM | Report abuse

My guess is that we see the team go 9-10 wins. NY gets 11 and dalass and philly shock the world at 9-7 each.

Posted by: alex35332 | July 9, 2009 9:37 AM | Report abuse

How Tru, Clark

Women in my office are already going off on McNair. She's the murderer (if the popo are correct), but it's his fault...

I had to remind them I know more cheating scumbag women than I do men... lol.

Posted by: DikShuttle | July 9, 2009 9:39 AM | Report abuse

"- If Mcnair bought the girl a new SUV, why did she still have 2 car payments?
- How could his wife claim she was clueless and that there was no upcoming divorce? The dude didn’t live with her and the kids….. "

I'll take a stab at those:
-- he bought her the SUV with the proviso she would take on the payments. Common sugar daddy type arrangements -- preserves the illusion of independence.
-- roommate in condo is so the star's version of Kato Kaelin has place to live, and it's kept clean and ready for star's trysts.
-- stars don't like divorce, for two main reasons: costs too much, and means the star has to explain to various girlfriends why he isn't marrying one of them.

Not that I'm an expert, but we do live in Washington.

Posted by: Samson151 | July 9, 2009 9:44 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Stu27 | July 9, 2009 9:18 AM

LOUSY comparison...Gibbs won 6 of his last 8 and his team got better as the season went on. Zorn's got worse. And we know this because the schedule was easier in the 2nd half.

He's getting his chance. This year is it. It's two more years than anyone else would have given him (don't get me started on how bad a hire this was).

Posted by: brownwood26 | July 9, 2009 9:47 AM | Report abuse

HOGS!!

We got no Hogs. Here's hopin' aging MWil can be the difference there!!

Hail!!

Posted by: DikShuttle | July 9, 2009 9:26 AM | Report abuse

Samuels is Hog worthy, hope he comes back fully healthy. Dockery does a great Hog impression. Bridges once called upon will do a surprisingly good job, he got a bad rap now has a bad rep. When we use Randy in a pulling role which he excels in he could be compared to a Hog. Yeah we have questions but we can fill those needs.
The hogs werent just the same five guys that wooped for a decade there were parts that came and went.

Posted by: Stu27 | July 9, 2009 9:47 AM | Report abuse

And you stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night

Posted by: JohnDinHouston | July 9, 2009 9:47 AM | Report abuse

chopin, haynesworth wont be suspended. it was a traffic accident, nothing more....

"i think I would rather lose without Albert than win with him. He is a schmuck"

wow...ufb....guy has a car accident, something probably everyone of us has had, and somehow this makes him a bad guy....right...

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | July 9, 2009 9:48 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: DikShuttle | July 9, 2009 9:39 AM | Report abuse

Kind of reminds me of Phil Hartman. My female friends all argued "He was going to leave her!!!"

To which I'd counter "He was leaving because she was batsh*t crazy and she proved him right."

Women, you can't live with them...pass the pretzels --Norm

Posted by: Original_etrod | July 9, 2009 9:49 AM | Report abuse

All, The UFL has released some great rules for their new league this fall. Nothing too crazy, all stuff I think could happen in the NFL. from: http://www.examiner.com/x-620-Pro-Football-Examiner~y2009m7d8-UFL-introduces-rule-enhancements

The deletion of the “Tuck” rule.

Fumble into and out of the end zone returns the ball to the spot of the fumble.

The Quarterback can legally ground the football if inside or outside the pocket.

Tasteful celebrations in end zone and bench area are okay.

Instant Replay rulings will be made by the Replay Official in the Replay Booth rather than the on-field referee.

Sudden-death rules apply after both teams have had an opportunity to possess the football in OT.

Approved television cameras will be allowed in the locker rooms for the first four minutes of halftime.

Head Coaches will be wired for sound for television broadcasts

TV audience will hear coach to quarterback communications on tape-delayed basis

Posted by: alex35332 | July 9, 2009 9:53 AM | Report abuse

"Wow, so McNair’s girlfriend did it….what a freakin psycho..."

(INSERT image of Moe pressing the replay button and turning the audio up.)

"...the girls look soooo good, but their minds are not ready,....I'd rather talk to a woman as her mind is so steady..."

Proof: during a conversation with two slightly inebriated, 30ish women, each said the same thing: if a millionaire professional athlete wanted her to be his 'booty call,' at 20, they'd crash the Escalade if they didn't get marriage, but at 30, they'd wash it, wax it, and tell the guy marriage is necessary only if he wanted it.

"I'd tell him, so long as he let me keep the black platinum card, he could have the thing without the ring, nah mean?"

Maybe the woman's mind isn't steady: just greedy and realistic at the same time.

Posted by: MistaMoe | July 9, 2009 9:53 AM | Report abuse

lmao @ Samson!!

Not that I'm an expert, but we do live in Washington.

Posted by: Samson151 | July 9, 2009 9:44 AM | Report abuse

Ok - I got a little spreadsheet goin' here. For all our linemen we're averaging 317+ lbs. I'm seeing the O Line average for 2006 was 313 - so we're ahead overall.

But who are we starting? If we go with Montgomery, Bridges, Dockery, Samuels & Heyer - we're at 321.6 and with MWil we're up to 330.6! Maybe that DOES put us in Hog territory?

HAIL!!

Posted by: DikShuttle | July 9, 2009 9:53 AM | Report abuse

Moe droppin' tha ChiAli! wow! throwbak, bruddah!

Posted by: DikShuttle | July 9, 2009 9:54 AM | Report abuse

Mr. Simmons probably does it right: I don't marry them - I buy them a house!

Posted by: DikShuttle | July 9, 2009 9:58 AM | Report abuse

HAIL!!
Posted by: DikShuttle | July 9, 2009 9:53 AM | Report abuse

Who plays center in that lineup?

Posted by: alex35332 | July 9, 2009 10:02 AM | Report abuse

Dik/Etrod, anm I reading this right that you guys know chicks that are saying it was okay for the wife/GF to shoot their husband/boyfriend? Can’t say I know anyone who has gone as far as defending the women who shot someone out of jealousy/crazy……

Posted by: dlhaze1 | July 9, 2009 10:04 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: dlhaze1 | July 9, 2009 10:04 AM | Report abuse

You probably sleep better at night than I do, too.

Posted by: Original_etrod | July 9, 2009 10:07 AM | Report abuse

No beantown, stomping on a guy's unprotected face earns him the title bad guy.

Posted by: chopin224 | July 9, 2009 10:08 AM | Report abuse

No beantown, stomping on a guy's unprotected face earns him the title bad guy.

Posted by: chopin224 | July 9, 2009 10:08 AM | Report abuse

Ohh cmon lighten up that was A+ haliarious, we can all laugh now looking back on it...

Posted by: Stu27 | July 9, 2009 10:12 AM | Report abuse

thats why my new wife is not on my life insurance policy.

I dont want to be in a position where I am worth more dead than alive.

Posted by: CheyenneWY | July 9, 2009 10:13 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Original_etrod | July 9, 2009 7:01 AM

I was going to say the same thing....

Moe - As I told you about a month or so ago...

Moe = New Cork.

You got the juice now and everybody is gunning for you. Accept the juice....

Posted by: 4thFloor | July 9, 2009 10:15 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: alex35332 | July 9, 2009 9:37 AM

I don't see how any of these teams have a chance of being good or have better records.

NY - No offense.
Philly - Downhill Defense and No Dawkins
Dallas - No TO. Barbaer not an every down RB...

Posted by: 4thFloor | July 9, 2009 10:18 AM | Report abuse

4th,
So long as NY has that O-line, they will have some O. I see the skins better poised to split with them this year then last.

Posted by: alex35332 | July 9, 2009 10:22 AM | Report abuse

4th, I don't worry about Philly's D as much as I do their O. If Macklin is a player and Westbrook is healthy, they are going to be tough to defend. The Skins are going to have to score and there are still a lot of unanswered questions on the offensive side of the ball.

Posted by: learnedhand1 | July 9, 2009 10:23 AM | Report abuse

McNair probably told her it was off and she was planning on him being the knight in shining armor coming to her financial rescue. The silly thing he did was fall asleep while she was obviously harboring some pent up aggression. One of my college professors once gave me some sage advice, "Never pi$$ off the one you sleep with..."

Posted by: RedSkinHead | July 9, 2009 10:24 AM | Report abuse

No beantown, stomping on a guy's unprotected face earns him the title bad guy.

Posted by: chopin224 | July 9, 2009 10:08 AM | Report abuse

I guess you say that because it wasn't your face. Had he done that in public, it is called a felony.

Posted by: chopin224 | July 9, 2009 10:28 AM | Report abuse

But he didn't, and he did his time for it, so move on....

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | July 9, 2009 10:30 AM | Report abuse

chopin224 -- That could be said for most of the acts committed on an NFL playing field.

Posted by: Stu27 | July 9, 2009 10:31 AM | Report abuse

dlhaze has not met Mrs. Shuttle - lmfao! (Luckily, I'm not the straying type. I'm in it for the looove not tha booty... Not that Mrs. Shuttle is lacking there, tho. She's foine!)

And Alex, WaPo has Montgomery listed at center, if we go with Ethan, it'll drop our average considerably. Again, I defer to the guru's as to the starting lineup. Tell me who they are, I'll git tha average quick.

Posted by: DikShuttle | July 9, 2009 10:33 AM | Report abuse

I love the 'woulda/coulda/shoulda' type logic that some spout on here.....

Right, had he done it in public, he'd have gotten in trouble...but he didn't do it in public. So.....not sure what your point is here.....you wanna talk real-world stuff, or we gonna play make believe....hey, is that a unicorn....

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | July 9, 2009 10:34 AM | Report abuse

I am choosing wait-n-see with MAclin/McCoy/and Even Desean year 2.

I think we did a great job on keep DeSean on Check last year when we played them. That PR was due to the ref's error. Rookie WR shouldn't be counted on unless their last name is Rice or Bilitenakoff.......

Posted by: 4thFloor | July 9, 2009 10:39 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: DikShuttle | July 9, 2009 10:40 AM | Report abuse

4th, I sent you an e-mail at rightwaytax.

Posted by: learnedhand1 | July 9, 2009 10:42 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: brownwood26 | July 9, 2009 8:19 AM |

vets not sleeping in dorm = firing Marty = debacle?

Zorn has done nothing right?

Brownwood, you're a drama queen.

Posted by: talent_evaluator | July 9, 2009 10:43 AM | Report abuse

On the Skins chances this year, I think it comes down to the Giants' finding a Plaxico-ish target at wide receiver, the Eagles keeping Westbrook healthy and the Cowboys' secondary stepping up. All of these teams are close to greatness, but have questions. Washington probably has more questions with right tackle probably leading the way.

My personal opinion is Philly and Dallas disappoint. Philly's offense is too dependent on oft injured Westbrook and McNabb, plus their mastermind defensive coordinator is out getting treatment for skin cancer. Dallas has a suspect secondary and this is the year where Wade "the cream puff" Phillips shows what happens when a coach loses control of his team. I think the Giants are built solid and they have potential at the wide receiver position, so they have fewer questions. I think the Redskins will have a very good defense and will suffer through another season of mediocre offense. The offensive line is questionable and an injury or two away from being awful. The receivers (outside of Moss) have not shown big play ability. Clinton Portis is solid, but he has a lot of mileage. Campbell's abilities do not fit the West Coast Offense and Zorn won't adapt the offense to accomodate Campbell's strengths.

I'll be rooting for the Skins all season long, but I don't think they have done enough to improve themselves on the offensive side of the ball.

Posted by: RedSkinHead | July 9, 2009 10:44 AM | Report abuse

Right Stu27.

That is why I have a bad knee from a cheap shot on the ice.
I don't agree that most of what happens on the field or ice falls under the label felony.

I have a bad knee from a cheap shot on the ice that had no place in sports. And I am not laughing about it now because it was in the past.

Posted by: chopin224 | July 9, 2009 10:45 AM | Report abuse

Right Stu27.

That is why I have a bad knee from a cheap shot on the ice.

Posted by: chopin224 | July 9, 2009 10:45 AM | Report abuse

Its a shame im sure you would been one of the greats!!

Posted by: Stu27 | July 9, 2009 10:52 AM | Report abuse

I think Zorn did the right thing in some instances. His handling of Soup has been pretty much what's required. He hasn't meddled in Blache's affairs and gives him wide berth. He's been an entertaining character and handled the media well. He did have some success motivating the team, until the wheels fell off, anyway.

But he has some major mistakes and problems, serious enough to put his job in jeopardy. And he knows this.

The challenge has been posted. He knows what he has to do. And it seems as if he has one season to do it. ... No pressure... lol.

...aaaaahhhhggwww.... they took my frekkin' kidney!

Posted by: DikShuttle | July 9, 2009 10:57 AM | Report abuse

Dik, I just assume we are keeping Casey Rabach at center. Albright has never been a true Center, he is a long snapper.

Posted by: alex35332 | July 9, 2009 11:01 AM | Report abuse

RedSkinHead - Don't put Portis out to pasture yet....

Giants have the same exact problem at receiver that we do. Except their's is Worse. They lost Plax AND Tooomer for all who forgot. Eli is going to be playing against a stacked D who won't be scared of any passing threat....

Romo still hasn't proved his worth one bit when it counts.

We have all the upside IMHO vs. the others. The RT will be fine and the WR will be fine. Now JC17 has to drive the dang thing...

Posted by: 4thFloor | July 9, 2009 11:03 AM | Report abuse

No beantown, stomping on a guy's unprotected face earns him the title bad guy.

Posted by: chopin224 | July 9, 2009 10:08 AM | Report abuse
It was a Cowboy's face. I can let that one slide. BTW I think this year our offense will be surprisingly better than last years. As far as Philly is concerned, we have defeated them 3 out of the last 4 games with D alone. Blache just simply has Reid's number. The only team we can never seem to beat are those obnoxious losers from up North.

Posted by: iH8dallas | July 9, 2009 11:05 AM | Report abuse

vets not sleeping in dorm = firing Marty = debacle?

Zorn has done nothing right?

Brownwood, you're a drama queen.

Posted by: talent_evaluator | July 9, 2009 10:43 AM

Once again, you paraphrase me completely wrong and instead of presenting your side of the argument, you call names.

Someone who calls names when people don't agree with him = drama queen

Posted by: brownwood26 | July 9, 2009 11:06 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Original_etrod | July 9, 2009 11:10 AM | Report abuse

iH8dallas - That is the only reason I picked the Redskins for the 1st time in my history to go 15-1 instead of 16-0.....

Posted by: 4thFloor | July 9, 2009 11:12 AM | Report abuse

Haven't followed TT NFL arbitration ruling for tampering by the WR's. Has there been a ruling yet, or will there be?

LarryInClintonMD.

Posted by: LarryInClintonMD | July 9, 2009 11:15 AM | Report abuse

I pick us to win the superbowl every year, and every year my friends laugh at me. It is bound to happen sooner or later. Then I will be the one laughing. But my prediction is 11-5, winning the East and hoisting the Lombardi Trophy.

Posted by: iH8dallas | July 9, 2009 11:17 AM | Report abuse

Ummm... etrod? U got somethin' to tell us?

lmao... jk.

And how did I miss Rabach?! oh well - so adding him to the mix puts us at 315.5 overall average and 327.5 for starters. Still 10 lbs. a man better than the '06 average for the leage. Any info on the '08 league average?

Posted by: DikShuttle | July 9, 2009 11:18 AM | Report abuse

Does anybody else waste alot of time at work doing this?

Posted by: iH8dallas | July 9, 2009 11:20 AM | Report abuse

Not sure if it was posted here already, but our old friend JLC weighed in on the Zorn training camp situation on NFL.com:

Posted by: brownwood26 | July 9, 2009 11:24 AM | Report abuse

was Gordo Alberto borracho at the time of este accidente? Espero que no...

Posted by: Notorious_LMG | July 9, 2009 11:24 AM | Report abuse

Who cares football season needs to start now all this trivial BS into the personal lives of players is ridiculous..We have too many moral cops running around these days.

Whatever works out great I just want Haynesworth to be ready for the Giants Sep 13th and knock Eli Manning on his azz a few times and body slam Brandon Jacobs soft azz...

I hope whomever was the recipient of the unfortunate incident with Haynesworth is compensated enough to help him or her live a normal life.

Posted by: TheBeatDontStop | July 9, 2009 11:25 AM | Report abuse

Does anybody else waste alot of time at work doing this?

Posted by: iH8dallas | July 9, 2009 11:20 AM

I have the quickest "Alt-Tab" in my office!

Posted by: dlhaze1 | July 9, 2009 11:26 AM | Report abuse

Brown,
It was, see who the first poster is.

Posted by: alex35332 | July 9, 2009 11:26 AM | Report abuse

I consider my time here well spent. I thank you gentlemen and ladies.

Posted by: DikShuttle | July 9, 2009 11:31 AM | Report abuse

RedSkinHead, I would not be so dismissive of the Eagles. They are the division's perennial playoff team, have good coaching, and great skill position guys in McNabb and Westbrook. I think the Skins will be better this year but I am not looking past Philly.

Posted by: learnedhand1 | July 9, 2009 11:35 AM | Report abuse

Does anybody else waste alot of time at work doing this?

Posted by: iH8dallas | July 9, 2009 11:20 AM

It's called multi-tasking. (I) Never stop working........

Posted by: 4thFloor | July 9, 2009 11:38 AM | Report abuse

Thing with Philly is they have Lorenzo Booker listed as their backup RB. Westbrook is arguably more important to that team then any 1 player in the Beast. Plus with Lasean they got another westbrookesque RB. Cant look past them but brook has had declining health as of late and LaSean could not be depended upon to carry that load, although he should be a playmaker in the league.

Posted by: Stu27 | July 9, 2009 11:39 AM | Report abuse

What about this starting o-line?

Left tackle: Samuels
Left Guard: Dockery
Center: Haynesworth
Right Guard: Thomas
Right Tackle: Haynesworth
TE: Haynesworth

I really want my money's worth out of this guy. Maybe we could play him at all these positions during preseason...

Posted by: Samson151 | July 9, 2009 11:39 AM | Report abuse

I waste a lot of blog time by working.

Posted by: Original_etrod | July 9, 2009 11:39 AM | Report abuse

"Thing with Philly is they have Lorenzo Booker listed as their backup RB."

All 3 of their RBs are much of a muchness -- Reid likes to throw to his backs the way the Skins and Dallas throw to the TE. Reid's philosophy is huge linemen and small, fast running backs. Unless he gets Brandon Jacobs, of course, in which case he changes his philosophy.

Posted by: Samson151 | July 9, 2009 11:43 AM | Report abuse

Martin Scorsese's films usually put Blacks in inferior stereotypical roles, if they include Blacks at all.

A lot of Italian Americans don't hold very high opinions of Blacks.

The fact that our resident" Black Republican" and Uncle T&m, Mista Moe likes these films is not surprising. Other than Raging Bull which was a good dramatic and as far as I know accurate portrayal of the rise and fall of Jake LaMotta, I see nothing special about his films which glorify negative aspects of a certain populace(mostly Italian American) that are usually derided by the media when they are portrayed for other segments of society.Funny how his films are regarded as "art", and others of similar nature from a Black perspective are labeled "exploitave" at best, "trash" at the worst.

I prefer Spike Lee over Martin Scorsese.

Your attempts at humor and wittiness ARE lame, I can understand others saying so. Your pompuos and full of yourself and I guess you fancy yourself as a good writer.
Don't quit your day job.

Oh, and Sharon Stone ain't all that, give me a break.
If this comes off as mean spirited, so be it, just my opinion.

Posted by: 72Redskins | July 9, 2009 11:47 AM | Report abuse

wow

Posted by: JohnDinHouston | July 9, 2009 11:50 AM | Report abuse

beep beep

Posted by: moosepod | July 9, 2009 11:54 AM | Report abuse

Damn dude

Posted by: iH8dallas | July 9, 2009 11:55 AM | Report abuse

"A lot of Italian Americans don't hold very high opinions of Blacks"

I'm gonna ask you to back that up with some facts....otherwise you're a lying azz dog....

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | July 9, 2009 11:55 AM | Report abuse

72 - I feel the same way to a point.

But I think they show great insight how different types of people always attempt to keep down the African Americans like in Godfather when the head dude (Brando) said he wanted no drugs sold to Italians and only to the N!gg....

And don't let me start on Pesci....

Posted by: 4thFloor | July 9, 2009 11:56 AM | Report abuse

I have a thought. Perhaps this is an accurate portrayal of how these characters acted during these times. Some films show things that other people find offensive.

I am a white man that attends a HBCU in North Carolina. Last semester I had to sit through a presentation that documented the 1992 Senatorial race between Helms and Gantt. I will just say it got uncomftorable at best, and white people were shown in a less than desireable manner. But I watched it because I actually learned something.

My point is get over it

Posted by: iH8dallas | July 9, 2009 12:04 PM | Report abuse

Redskins72,
I think you are a bit off base about Scorsese vs others of his caliber in the black community. Spike Lee is a great example. They both get riped for negatively stereotyping their own cultures and other cultures. Some people will accept it with 1 and not the other. Some, like me, accept it with neither and some accept it with both. Having met Spike Lee once in college, I have great respect for the man and his work. He was a bit off base for his complaints about "Flags of Our Fathers".

Posted by: alex35332 | July 9, 2009 12:10 PM | Report abuse

My biggest problem with Zorn is that he did not adapt quickly enough last year when the O-line got hit with all the injuries. Could they have done something different? More draws, traps, quick screens, bubble screen, I don't know. We seemed to keep doing the same thing each week and got killed doing it.

As a rookie coach I think Zorn was hesitant to change what worked from during the 6-2 part of the season when everyone was healthly. But he did not have the talent anymore to do those things.

Posted by: noonefromtampa | July 9, 2009 12:13 PM | Report abuse

Don't they say art imitates life? Look at your Italian American cinema and TV, most
refer to Blacks as N**g$#s and spooks, like 4th said look at the Godfather,episodes of the Soprano's (who do they put the blame on for a lot of their crimes?, some Black guy/s),what do they usually refer to blacks as, the N word,Scorsese's films,look at conflicts between Black and Italian neighborhoods in NY. Could it be that when they first immigrated here they were referred to as N**g$^s too because of their dark olive complexions.

Posted by: 72Redskins | July 9, 2009 12:24 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: chickencalada | July 9, 2009 12:33 PM | Report abuse

Because SI doesn't like the Skins, never has never will, they led keeping Art Monk out of HOF for years.

Hogs, Fun Bunch, Smurfs

all great nicknames not found in that homage...

Posted by: noonefromtampa | July 9, 2009 12:38 PM | Report abuse

Yes. It is unbelievable. I really believe I am looking at this objectively. I thought they might omit the Smurfs and Fun Bunch, but not the Hogs. The Hogs were known nationwide and in many places still are. It just amazes me.

Posted by: chickencalada | July 9, 2009 12:40 PM | Report abuse

some stereotype my family gene pool as beer drinking, mullet wearing, confederate flag waving, nascar watching, rednecks.

unfortunately for a lot of my cousins they are right. bad things about sterotypes that is some base in reality although not in generalit

Posted by: noonefromtampa | July 9, 2009 12:41 PM | Report abuse

"I agree that they (media and people in general) hold up the Scorcasse (sp?) stuff up in greatness while call the black films trash or thuggery and they are dismissed..."

Just curious -- what would be an example of a great 'black' film dismissed as trash or thuggery? I'm having trouble coming up with one.

Posted by: Samson151 | July 9, 2009 12:44 PM | Report abuse