Haynesworth, Hall, Sellers still 'up in the air'

Although he said he is "encouraged" by the progress of injured defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth, Coach Jim Zorn said the status of three key starters is "still up in the air" for Monday night's game.

Haynesworth, who missed the team's trip to Oakland last weekend because of an ankle injury, participated in the morning practice today and did some drill work off to the side during the afternoon practice.

"He's coming right along," Zorn said.

Cornerback DeAngelo Hall (ankle) and fullback Mike Sellers (thigh) did drills in the afternoon but neither participated in practice today.

"He's working his way in," Zorn said of Hall. "He's getting more and more stable. We're just going to try to get him going more and more during the week."

Zorn said it was too early to say whether any of the three would be able to play Monday night against the New York Gaints.

"It just depends on how they all come along," he said.

Also, safety Kareem Moore (ankle) was limited in practice today.

The team began installing its gameplan for the Giants today and Zorn said it will stick to its regular schedule, preparing for Monday's game as it usually does for Sunday games. He called Saturday's practice a "bonus."

Wide receiver Devin Thomas fielded punts at practice this afternoon. Zorn said Thomas will continue to be the primary kickoff returner and will be a key addition to the punt-return committee, joining fellow wide receiver Santana Moss and likely taking away time from Antwaan Randle El.

Even if Hall is able to play cornerback Monday, he won't return punts, Zorn said; however, Hall could return punts again before the season ends.

By Rick Maese  |  December 16, 2009; 3:31 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Success has Orakpo competing with a friend
Next: Orakpo earns his teammates' respect

Comments

No he isn't dog meat. Dog meat is at least edible. Rock is just dog s*** and piss.
Cut him at the end of the season.
And dl, if he filled in "MORE THAN adequately" then why isn't he still starting? Rock is who he is, and that's simply average. Instead of crying every week to Jason Reid, why doesn't he give thanks to the Lord that he's now playing for.
At least Portis' pissing and moaning has a body of work to back it... Rock, not so much.
Posted by: RedDMV | December 16, 2009 3:18 P

Okay, so you don’t like him….but really; “Rock is just dog s*** and piss”???? and “cut him”??….what happened to let’s see if he gets beat out in preseason?…he does come on the cheap. I seem to remember some pretty good runs AND catches that he has made since portis went out. Why he isn’t starting is something I have no answer for, but in my opinion he was playing well enough to start. I have no problem with Ganther in there, his stats are better than Rock’s are….my point is that everyone is pile driving the guy and saying he sucks because of a little public complaining, not because of his play at RB. I don’t think he should be griping to the media, but it doesn’t take away from the results he has given when called upon this year.

Posted by: dlhaze1 | December 16, 2009 3:39 PM | Report abuse

Punt returner by committee. As Beantown might say -- you just can't make this stuff up

Posted by: zcezcest1 | December 16, 2009 3:40 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: mattylight | December 16, 2009 3:41 PM | Report abuse

"I'm happily riding shotgun on Moe's Spiller bandwagon. But only if Okung is gone."

Remember: if you take Spiller in round 1, you MUST take a line in round 2.

Then, in '11, you take another lineman with a top 3 pick.

I call it the commomsense way of rebuilding the backfield and o-line all at the same time.

Posted by: MistaMoe | December 16, 2009 3:50 PM | Report abuse

"Can someone drive AH to the post office so he can officially "mail it in" for the rest of the season?'

I know.

But if I'm A Montgomery or L Alexander, I take advantage of the situation by thinking, "Payday!!!!!" and playing balls out.

Posted by: MistaMoe | December 16, 2009 3:52 PM | Report abuse

My bad, dl. Rock is not "dog s*** and piss".

Rock is more like chopped liver with a side of small potatoes.

Posted by: RedDMV | December 16, 2009 3:52 PM | Report abuse

Santa is real 4th and I are playing for the Hamster Championship.

BOOK IT!

Posted by: chrislarry | December 16, 2009 3:35 PM

That's the direction it's going in. And your 2-0 record goes out the window as well! All my players are hungry and trying to get their teams in the playoffs....

Posted by: 4thFloor | December 16, 2009 3:53 PM | Report abuse

Now Fantasy Football...that brings out the passion! 3 leagues 3 playoffs baby!

4th and I's fantasy showdown has been all it was advertised as...with me 2-0 and both teams revving in playoffs. We combined for over 270 points last week! If Santa is real 4th and I are playing for the Hamster Championship.

BOOK IT!

Posted by: chrislarry | December 16, 2009 3:35 PM | Report abuse

******************

But CL, you forget, that 4th has to get by the amazing Trippin' Billies to see you in finals!! GO Matt Schaub!!

Posted by: suzannepdc | December 16, 2009 3:53 PM | Report abuse

Sometimes, it's OK to reach from spot 8 down to spot 30, because spot 30 wont be around at spot 40. Sometimes you address the NEED. This is one of those times. This time, we need O-line even if it means reaching.

Posted by: REXskins | December 16, 2009 3:30 PM | Report abuse

It's not quite that easy. There are only a certain amount of players that can play left tackle in this league effectively. They usually go pretty high in the draft. They are gone well before 30 so reaching for them is impossible. They're already gone. Why use a first rounder reaching for a guy that's most likely only ever going to a right tackle? You can get a right tackle at 40. This year is an odd one because there is only 1 left tackle and after that there are about 8-9 right tackles that may pan out at left tackle if the stars align correctly. This is just a crappy year for left tackles. If Okung is gone I'd rather fill a different hole that is still going to need filled and fill it with a much greater value. We need a LT, RT, RB, and FS. I don't think we can fill all those holes this year. If Spiller or Berry falls to us and Okung is gone I'm taking one of them. I'll get my right tackle in the second round.

Posted by: PAskinsfan17 | December 16, 2009 3:54 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: mattylight | December 16, 2009 3:41 PM | Report abuse

Not such a bad thing is it? Rest up and get him healthy and hungry for next year. It's not like he's not gonna get paid either way.

Plus, why not beef up Montgomery's trade value? Maybe they can parlay that into a decent draft pick? An extra O Lineman perhaps?

Posted by: ksquare | December 16, 2009 3:59 PM | Report abuse

Since we don't have a 3rd round pick, you have to ask yourself how many starting o-line guys we can get in rounds 4 and beyond. My guess is 0. That's why I advocate reaching in round 1 if necessary, to get 2 o-line spots in rounds 1 and 2. Improving the o-line is just that important, it will improve everything else we do on offense.

Posted by: REXskins | December 16, 2009 3:59 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: REXskins | December 16, 2009 3:30 PM |

If a GM reaches down 20 spots in the first two rounds to fill the "need" position, that person should be fired and then sued immediately. Talk about over paying for talent. The better tactic would be to try to trade back. If not, you pick the BPA at another need position.

Posted by: TWISI | December 16, 2009 4:02 PM | Report abuse

its fun listening to all these veterans who are losing their jobs because of suckage while being out performed by rookies, no-names off the street, and 2nd year guys. You see their true colors come out then, all we've ever heard is how great of leaders and team guys Rock and ARE are but they've been mediocre at best for years on a team that has been below mediocre. Its ironic that CP, Betts, Samuels, Thomas, and Cooley all go down with injuries and the team improves. Rock gets out of kick returns because of being on the offensive depth chart and they improve, finally ARE won't be returning punts and it will improve.....Jim Zorn, your biggest failings as a coach were scheming to the strengths of your personnel, in game decisions clock and go for it etc., play calling, and having the wrong people on the field in the wrong roles......other than that though you're a hell of a coach.

Posted by: zjfr2 | December 16, 2009 4:04 PM | Report abuse

Would you guys trade MK12 if you could get a 3rd rounder for him?

Hell no. He is a 1st rounder who fell to the second because of his knee. Next year, he will start at WR with DT while 'Tana moves to the slot and permanent PR.

Posted by: SkinsfaninKaneohe | December 16, 2009 4:08 PM | Report abuse

The Forever 4-12s will outscore cL, 4th, and the Trippin Billies, on our way to the "Losers Championship." Our motto: "We're number 7!"

Book it!

Posted by: 4-12 | December 16, 2009 4:10 PM | Report abuse

Now Fantasy Football...that brings out the passion! 3 leagues 3 playoffs baby!

BOOK IT!

Posted by: chrislarry | December 16, 2009 3:35 PM | Report abuse

******************

Posted by: suzannepdc

I'd talk trash, but heck, I only had the best record of any of you. I more of a walk the walk kinda guy.

Posted by: zcezcest1 | December 16, 2009 4:10 PM | Report abuse

" ...you have to ask yourself how many starting o-line guys we can get in rounds 4 and beyond. My guess is 0."

I beg to differ.

Two of the best young guards in the NFL--Carl Nicks (5th round) and Jahri Evans (4th round)--play for the saints.

Yes, the saints did draft J Brown high, but the idea is to be on the lookout for diamonds in the rough in those middle rounds.

We can take a lineman with the second pick and not miss a beat.

The trick is what becomes of guys in rounds 4/5: we sould find diamonds there, too.

But first, you have to be committed to looking for them.

Posted by: MistaMoe | December 16, 2009 4:11 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: zjfr2 | December 16, 2009 4:04 PM | Report abuse

LOL... Niiiiiicccccceeeeeeee.

Posted by: SkinsfaninKaneohe | December 16, 2009 4:12 PM | Report abuse

O-LINE
O-LINE
O-LINE

Posted by: iH8dallas | December 16, 2009 4:13 PM | Report abuse

random thought: The play caller should always be up in the press box. His "entire view" of the field enables him to correctly perceive what is actually occurring all over the field and facilitates better play calling.

Posted by: SkinsfaninKaneohe | December 16, 2009 4:18 PM | Report abuse

Would you guys trade MK12 if you could get a 3rd rounder for him?

Posted by: SkinsfaninKaneohe | December 16, 2009 4:08 PM | Report abuse
------------------

first off, I doubt we could. He's a second rounder with no career tds, knee concerns, not starting, questionable speed.

That said, I wouldn't do it anyway bc I agree with Kaneohe that Malcolm will be very good for a long time. Then jreid will have to stop using the suffix, "who management knew had knee problems when they drafted him..." after his name.

Posted by: AdamCr | December 16, 2009 4:19 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: SkinsfaninKaneohe

Sean Payton would disagree.

Posted by: RedDMV | December 16, 2009 4:21 PM | Report abuse

Sean Payton would disagree.

Posted by: RedDMV | December 16, 2009 4:21 PM | Report abuse

What the hell does he know?

LOL j/k

So would zorn. Mwuaaaaahahahahahaha.

Posted by: SkinsfaninKaneohe | December 16, 2009 4:24 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: suzannepdc

Posted by: zcezcest1 | December 16, 2009 4:10 PM

True...But I am the one no one wants to play.

Me and Suzzanne/Trippin Billies split our season meetings. Her team will fall flat this week....

Posted by: 4thFloor | December 16, 2009 4:27 PM | Report abuse

We can take a lineman with the second pick and not miss a beat.

The trick is what becomes of guys in rounds 4/5: we could(?) find diamonds there, too.

But first, you have to be committed to looking for them.

Posted by: MistaMoe

That is the crux of the issue with Vinny. He is looking for the wrong things. He can find pretty things that aren't as important.

We drafted 2 very good tight ends in the last 6 draft classes. But we haven't drafted a single good OL in the last 6 draft classes -- and its mostly because we haven't tried. A 3rd round pick (Reinhart) is the only pick we've used on OL in the top 5 rounds in the last 6 years!!

Posted by: zcezcest1 | December 16, 2009 4:28 PM | Report abuse

too bad ARE didn't ask all the supreme punt returning experts posting up here.

It's ironic someone was mad because the players talk like the fans are idiots and the fans criticize the players like they are experts.

someone said ARE was the worst performer on the team, LQ, how about westbrook, barnes both have a muffed punt and shouldn't be within a yard of the ball, ARE has 41 catches, 2nd best...again.

I like to throw my opinion up too, but I recognize I'm not a player, a coach, or an analyst. I think we'd all be better off admitting that to ourselves.

Posted by: pabrian2003 | December 16, 2009 4:30 PM | Report abuse

True...But I am the one no one wants to play.

Posted by: 4thFloor

That's cuz you're ugly.

Posted by: zcezcest1 | December 16, 2009 4:30 PM | Report abuse

True...But I am the one no one wants to play.

Posted by: 4thFloor | December 16, 2009 4:27 PM | Report abuse
********************************

I fear you may be right since Schaub had a good game last week and Brandon Marshall had a, well, record breaking week too - so we'll see. I do hope that if the Giants manage to score, it is only Brandon Jacobs who does!!

Posted by: suzannepdc | December 16, 2009 4:31 PM | Report abuse

I hope one thing is for sure this offseason,Landry at FS experiment is over! I'm all for putting him in his natural college and what we drafted him for spot SS. He's just another linbacker with corner back speed! I feel going through FA for a veteran FS ala sharper in NO, not that old though. And you will see us stronger against the run and more sacks and turnover. I like Horton but he's going to have to do spot duty at SS. Draft lineman, lineman I don't care which side, those days of the older players over we need to get the next great samuels to start the next 10yrs!!!!

Posted by: sthai75 | December 16, 2009 4:31 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: AdamCr | December 16, 2009 4:19 PM | Report abuse

I agree with you guys. MK12 has sure hands and a big body. At the very worst he's a posession receiver. If really are eventually going to do this WCO thing we'll need him. Right now I like him as a sideline threat with outs and quick outs and he's decent on slant routes. If you want to get him more involved try a couple fade routes to him. He can be used to spread the ball horizontally. That's something we haven't had before since Moss and ARE are so short.

Posted by: PAskinsfan17 | December 16, 2009 4:32 PM | Report abuse

4th, name the time....zcezcest paper tiger...trippin billies already in my rearview...

Posted by: chrislarry | December 16, 2009 4:32 PM | Report abuse

m.kelly has had NO knee problems this year that I have read and his speed is NOT questionable he has good speed, the only play I saw him use it was the last dallas game the 36yd catch and run he is a big man and can RUN. I would not trade him either. I don't care if hall,haynesworth or sellers play this week all 3 of them should be traded or released, haynesworth is overweight and misses alot of games, seller's is a fumbler and his blocking is getting worse hall can't tackle or cover.

Posted by: wathu19 | December 16, 2009 4:34 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: zcezcest1 | December 16, 2009 4:10 PM

That's cuz you're ugly.

Posted by: zcezcest1 | December 16, 2009 4:30 PM

Stick with the walking, zeke...your trash talking skillzz are weak.

Posted by: 4-12 | December 16, 2009 4:37 PM | Report abuse

"I don't care if hall,haynesworth or sellers play this week all 3 of them should be traded or released..."

Posted by: wathu19

You can't make...

Posted by: RedDMV | December 16, 2009 4:40 PM | Report abuse

this stuff up...

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | December 16, 2009 4:42 PM | Report abuse

You can't make...

Posted by: RedDMV | December 16, 2009 4:40 PM | Report abuse

I bet we can get a 2nd rounder for betts!!!

Posted by: PAskinsfan17 | December 16, 2009 4:42 PM | Report abuse

Yeah sure f 'em, trade 'em... right.

Salary cap consequences be damned!

Weakening areas of strength, be damned!

I was thinking more like a 1st and a 2nd for Portis and Moss. Hell, maybe throw in a 5th for Cartwright.

Posted by: RedDMV | December 16, 2009 4:47 PM | Report abuse

I bet we can get a 2nd rounder for betts!!!

Posted by: PAskinsfan17 | December 16, 2009 4:42 PM | Report abuse

Throw in Kelly and Cooley and we can get a top 10 pick.

Get Vinny on the phone. Make this happen.

Posted by: PortisPocketsStr8 | December 16, 2009 4:48 PM | Report abuse

2nd rounder for a 30 yr old 2nd string RB coming of a knee injury, c'mon man

Posted by: pabrian2003 | December 16, 2009 4:50 PM | Report abuse

That Z vs. Cl match up looks to be a high scoring affair....

Posted by: 4thFloor | December 16, 2009 4:50 PM | Report abuse

Stick with the walking, zeke...your trash talking skillzz are weak.

Posted by: 4-12

well, ummm, ummm, well, yeah

Posted by: zcezcest1 | December 16, 2009 4:50 PM | Report abuse

Cooley will get you a 2010 first, a 2011 second and fourth, and an undisclosed amount of cash.

Posted by: RedDMV | December 16, 2009 4:51 PM | Report abuse

REDDmv and Bean are now officially butt brothers.....

(New Term for you Beans)

Posted by: 4thFloor | December 16, 2009 4:51 PM | Report abuse

First ARE, now Rock.

Really, though, what we are hearing from the unproductive vets who are losing their spots shouldn't be surprising.

These guys are genuinely shocked at their demotions b/c the Skins have NEVER FOSTERED A CULTURE OF ACCOUNTABILITY.

If you are a company guy with a contract, you have an inalienable right to your spot on the team regardless of your production/health - that's been the Skins MO.

Frankly, I'm glad to see at least a breeze of change blowing, but I'm afraid it's too little too late...

Posted by: p1funk | December 16, 2009 4:54 PM | Report abuse

"how about westbrook, barnes both have a muffed punt and shouldn't be within a yard of the ball, ARE has 41 catches, 2nd best...again.

God you're such a dult. Westbrook and Barnes had the ball hit them during a punt.

Follow on this once peabrain...a muff would be attempting to catch said punt, botching it (much like your posts) and muffing it.

They weren't the return man dillhole. And you're mixing in ARE's catch total in trying to justify his existence.

Giving credit where credit is due....we have pfunk to thank for this:

Everytime you post something up here, that line from Billy Madison comes to mind -

"Everyone in the room is now dumber for having listened to you."

Posted by: p1funk | December 16, 2009 10:23 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: ksquare | December 16, 2009 4:54 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: RedDMV | December 16, 2009 4:51 PM | Report abuse

rofl, Cooley may get a 2nd round pick at best. Coming off of a major surgery and while he is a very good tight end he is nowhere near superior enough to even warrant a 1st rounder. Tony Gonzalez (still a better TE) can only get you a 2nd a returning from injury Cooley aint going to get more than that.

Posted by: zjfr2 | December 16, 2009 4:57 PM | Report abuse

Does anyone else get a sick feeling as soon as the offseason begins. It's like waiting for the results of an STD test.

Posted by: iH8dallas | December 16, 2009 4:58 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: RedDMV | December 16, 2009 4:51 PM | Report abuse

Screw the picks I'd trade him for Peyton Manning.

Posted by: PAskinsfan17 | December 16, 2009 4:58 PM | Report abuse

I've never had a problem with ARE as a WR. He's a good #3 WR and he can throw the ball extremely well.

I would have liked to us to fake that throw about 10 times this year and have him take the handoff and throw it about 5 times.

That would have been time better spent rather than having him working on punt returns.

Posted by: zcezcest1 | December 16, 2009 5:02 PM | Report abuse

4th Floor = Eddie Murphy

cL = Nick Nolte

Ol' fake ass Jack Cates and Reggie Hammond.

Or an ol' fake ass movie version of Gayle Sayers and Brian Piccolo -- The one with Mekhi Phifer.

Said 4th when asked about chris larry: "I love chris larry. And tonight, when you hit your knees, please ask God to love him."

Posted by: RedDMV | December 16, 2009 5:05 PM | Report abuse

PAbrian - why do you keep bringing up the two "muffs" by Barnes and Westbrok? Both were freak plays that have ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with whether or not ARE sucks (which he absolutely does on punt returns and needs to give up that job...)

Particularly, the play with Barnes was a complete fluke. It was a crappy punt, shanked off the side of the punters foot that fell short and to the right - where Barnes was trying to block the other teams gunner. He tried to get out of the way, but got hit - it happens. What is the relevance of continuing to bring this up?

And what does: "ARE has 41 catches, 2nd best...again" mean? WHO CARES? Catches? Seriously? That's supposed to impress anybody? Have you noticed the steady drop in yards-per-return over the last 4 years (the only stat that really matters)? And because you are the King of Stupid-But-Important-Sounding-Stats, maybe you could look into how many balls he has let hit the ground (aside from punts inside the 10 yard line)?

Start with last weeks game...

Posted by: edvar | December 16, 2009 5:06 PM | Report abuse

First ARE, now Rock.

Posted by: p1funk

I'll believe that accountability is taking place when Cerrato is the guy blowing out of town. ARE and Rock aren't the reasons this team has struggled.

Posted by: zcezcest1 | December 16, 2009 5:06 PM | Report abuse

For the Redskins to be succeesful for next year this all they need to do it is really simple..

1st - Tender JC I believe for the past few games he has shown his worthy

2nd - tender Car R but hopefully some else picks him up

3rd - Sign a veteran sam linebacker so Orakpo can be an every down DE

4th - DRAFT TIME!!! hopefully we get a 1st fo Car R
Okung - if available
Berry
Spiller
mclain
RT

After Okun quality lineman can be found in round 2-4

Posted by: PardenMiSwage | December 16, 2009 5:12 PM | Report abuse

lmao!

Mekhi Phifer? U lost me on that one...

Posted by: 4thFloor | December 16, 2009 5:13 PM | Report abuse

zj, the Cooley trade outline was in jest. But it's not that hard to believe that someone would actually think that could be a possible trade scenario. You can because you pointed out the stupidity in it...

PAskins, trade Cooley for the entire Minnesota Vikings offensive line straight up.

Posted by: RedDMV | December 16, 2009 5:14 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: dlhaze1 | December 16, 2009 3:39 PM | Report abuse

Three words my man- Consider. The. Source.

Posted by: Notorious_LMG | December 16, 2009 5:14 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: zcezcest1 | December 16, 2009 5:06 PM | Report abuse

They're part and parcel of a bigger problem....Vinny evaluating what they do and do not need.

Like they couldn't have survived this year, if they cut those chumps and had to allocate their duties elsewhere?

Posted by: ksquare | December 16, 2009 5:15 PM | Report abuse

PMS,
Don't forget to add hire a Football GM to your list.

Vinny may be not deserve to be vindicated; but like Zorn, he's just in way over his head.

Posted by: _Stumped_ | December 16, 2009 5:16 PM | Report abuse

They made a more recent version of Brian's Song with Mekhi Phifer and some other dude.

Mekhi Phifer acted as Gayle Sayers.

Posted by: RedDMV | December 16, 2009 5:17 PM | Report abuse

ksquare, when the ball hits you because your not doing your job well, its a muff

Like when a WR tips the ball to the D its a pick

Cmon man to keep up. Its hard with all these experts up here, but you should get a 5 min major for third man in

Posted by: pabrian2003 | December 16, 2009 5:20 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: dlhaze1 | December 16, 2009 3:39 PM | Report abuse

Three words my man- Consider. The. Source.

Posted by: Notorious_LMG

So?!?!?! I said it, and what?

Consider me face boning your wife. That is some shyt you ought to consider.

No... No... No.. Notorious

Posted by: RedDMV | December 16, 2009 5:23 PM | Report abuse

"4th Floor = Eddie Murphy

cL = Nick Nolte"

Is this an insult, sounds kinda cool to me. I am def an old bitter, drunk like Nolte.

Posted by: chrislarry | December 16, 2009 5:23 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: PardenMiSwage but my father rich as f__k and all my brothers left the family...

Posted by: RedDMV | December 16, 2009 5:24 PM | Report abuse

If your going to play GM up here shouldn't you have your CBA plan and you no CBA plan

Posted by: pabrian2003 | December 16, 2009 5:24 PM | Report abuse

That part was cool...

His last part on the post....Not so much...lls...

Posted by: 4thFloor | December 16, 2009 5:26 PM | Report abuse

"4th Floor = Eddie Murphy

cL = Nick Nolte"

Posted by: chrislarry

Sydney: You remind me of one of them dudes
from The Brady Bunch.

Junior: He looks like the girl -- Cindy.

Sydney: Yeah! That's the one!

Junior: The youngest one in curls...

Sydney: Why you laughing, man?

Billy: Callin' me Brady Bunch and s***!

Sydney: This motherf___er's too stupid to even realize he's being insulted.

Posted by: RedDMV | December 16, 2009 5:35 PM | Report abuse

Like i stated above if Okung is not available follow the order i had and that will take us to the promise land!!

Posted by: PardenMiSwage | December 16, 2009 5:44 PM | Report abuse

Old MacDonald had a blog
Ee-i-ee-i-oh.
And on that farm he had some bamas
Ee-i-ee-i-oh

With a bama-bama here and a bama-bama there
Here-a bama, there-a bama
Everywhere a bama-bama

Old McDonald had a blog
Ee-i-ee-i-oh.

Posted by: NateinthePDX | December 16, 2009 5:48 PM | Report abuse

Shouldn't it be: "And on that blog he had some bamas?"

Otherwise, it's a beauty.

Posted by: edvar | December 16, 2009 5:56 PM | Report abuse

"when the ball hits you because your not doing your job well, its a muff".

That's a good one genius. It's like trying to talk to a fungo.

I'm done responding to your dribble....you hockey helmet wearing tart.

Posted by: ksquare | December 16, 2009 6:00 PM | Report abuse

Been out all day, so someone might have mentioned this, but Bmitch said Shockey went to the Saints for a 2nd and a 1-2-3-4-FIFFTH!! rounder. That would appear to be the most we could expect to get for Cooley...plus the Giants' starting DEs.

lol@Nate

Posted by: RomoLongballs | December 16, 2009 6:03 PM | Report abuse

Good stuff Nate......curious to know how Raider nation treated you and the boys last week?

Did you support the team wearing the burgundy and black?

Posted by: ksquare | December 16, 2009 6:08 PM | Report abuse

Let me get this straight. pabrian is saying ARE is NOT THAT BAD, because Barnes got freakishly hit in the back by a ball that was punted 25 yards?

Wow. That is in the running for the dumbest caca i've seen up here.

Posted by: SkinsfaninKaneohe | December 16, 2009 6:09 PM | Report abuse

Shockey went to the Saints for a 2nd and a 1-2-3-4-FIFFTH!! rounder.
Posted by: RomoLongballs | December 16, 2009 6:03 PM | Report abuse

Interestingly enough, this was after the 2007 season when he missed time with...wait for it...a broken fibula. This trade occurred after Shockey's fifth season--this also was Cooley fifth season. So that is what a beastly but injured TE can be worth, a 2nd and 5th, after five years on the job.

Phew.

Posted by: RomoLongballs | December 16, 2009 6:13 PM | Report abuse

Kaneohe,
Are you saying that Pbrain posted the stupidest post? ReALLY?

That's not fair! I've been posting the stupidest things I can think of for like 3 0r 4 years!

Posted by: _Stumped_ | December 16, 2009 6:14 PM | Report abuse

"Lord help me, I'm just not that bright." -- H.J. Simpson

Posted by: 4-12 | December 16, 2009 6:19 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: RedDMV

Don't tell us, you gutless cretin, tell him. To his face. To borrow a line from Christmas Story, "I triple Dog dare you."

No chance. Another heroic blogger puffing himself up with hate and denigration. Idiotic comment.

Oh and Merry Christmas to you, too.

Posted by: TheCork | December 16, 2009 6:24 PM | Report abuse

Stumped - your dumbest just ain't dumb enough.

The trick is to litter your post with irrelevant stats and pretzel-straight logic, and then defend it to the bitter end with even more idiotic comments - defiantly not recognizing any or all who oppose, no matter how pinned in the corner you get, all the while, congratulating yourself for being the only one who can see.

Posted by: edvar | December 16, 2009 6:24 PM | Report abuse

kanhoe, I was saying ARE is getting all the criticism for the entire poorly playing punt return unit, ARE has proven to be solid in previous years whereas Westbrook and barnes haven't proven anything other than NOT knowing where the friggin ball is. Those guys are making 6 figures to ply STs

There is an old saying, one loss for every rookie you start

ARE has been our 2nd best WR since he got here, he's a good guy a good teammate and has renegotiated to hepbthe team.

You think we're bad now if anyone of these punks up here were in charge we'd be 0-13

Posted by: pabrian2003 | December 16, 2009 6:31 PM | Report abuse

"I am so smart, I am so smart, s-m-r-t....I mean s-m-A-r-t." -- H.J. Simpson

Posted by: 4-12 | December 16, 2009 6:37 PM | Report abuse

Seriously folks, last year ARE was about the only one who could catch a pass, except Cooley.

He's been extremely consistent with the punt returns too. Not saying consistently what, but he's someone you can count on, day in an day out to...geez, we'd be better off just letting it bounce.

Posted by: _Stumped_ | December 16, 2009 6:38 PM | Report abuse

try supporting the players up here and see how you get treated. There are a bunch of know it all haters up here all they know is how to hate players. Haven't ever seen a post where someone tells you by their opinion has any credibility.

There are supporters up here and haters I'm a supporter hate on haters and act like you know everything about this game.

Has anyone up here fielded a punt in the NFL? Anyone called a play?organized a practice? Watched a game film? Been at a practice? Been at a meeting? Watched the 8 guys worse than ARE? Whats Moss' longest return this year? Dhalls?

Posted by: pabrian2003 | December 16, 2009 6:39 PM | Report abuse

Yes, yes, "and on that blog he had some bamas" and so forth.

Oakland was awesome. What a dump of a stadium, what a hostile vibe, what a lousy weather day... and what a beautiful game!

Suffice to say the Raider fans' trash talking and heckling had largely subsided by the fourth quarter. They were so preoccupied with booing Jamarcus that they practically forgot we were there.

Posted by: NateinthePDX | December 16, 2009 6:39 PM | Report abuse

uhhhh, ok, ya got pabrian. I give up.

Posted by: SkinsfaninKaneohe | December 16, 2009 6:41 PM | Report abuse

pabrian, up here I'm usually a hater-hater but sometimes also a supporter-hater depending on the circumstances.

In real life, I'm a lover, not a fighter.

I'm telling you, Stumped, ARE is this season's James Thrash. Reliably mediocre is reliable, sure, but it's also mediocre.

Posted by: NateinthePDX | December 16, 2009 6:45 PM | Report abuse

Have you?

So what's your point? Unless we have we have no business posting?

After you.

Posted by: edvar | December 16, 2009 6:47 PM | Report abuse

"I'm like that guy who single-handedly built the rocket and flew to the moon. What was his name? Apollo Creed?" -- H.J. Simpson

Posted by: 4-12 | December 16, 2009 6:49 PM | Report abuse

here is a list of players I have stuck up for on here:

Portis, Campbell, D Thomas, Kelly, F Davis, ARE, Rodgers, D Hall, Haynesworth

Take these guys off the team see what happens

Posted by: pabrian2003 | December 16, 2009 6:49 PM | Report abuse

I got no beef with any of those guys EXCEPT ARE. He FING Blows. Everybody knows it. Give it up, yer tilting at ARE windmills.

Posted by: SkinsfaninKaneohe | December 16, 2009 7:00 PM | Report abuse

Pb,
I get it. The thing is that the team has been struggling, and well, it's been kind of hard to pin point the problem, because there isn't just one problem there are many. So everyone is pointing fingers and saying Ah hah!

The last few games they have been playing a little bit better, almost respectable football. They've been playing like they just don't have anything to lose, cause well they don't.

I think most of us see a roster that should place us in the top third of NFL teams, not in the bottom quarter.

So we blog all pissed off, which is the opposite of fun, its totally un-fun.

I don't care who's right or wrong, I just want to see the Skins win some football games (okay, a lot of football games, so sue me).

Posted by: _Stumped_ | December 16, 2009 7:03 PM | Report abuse

edvar, I have not, that's why I'm not up here criticizing the guys who do. That's my point you genius

Posted by: pabrian2003 | December 16, 2009 7:03 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: pabrian2003 | December 16, 2009 7:03 PM |

So...by that logic, the only people entitled to have an opinion are those who played pro ball? Reporters who didn't play pro ball (or any Ball) have no business either than, right?

How far do you plan to take this?

And by the way...if you are not qualified to criticize because you did not play, then you are not qualified to praise either, genius. See how that works?

Posted by: edvar | December 16, 2009 7:09 PM | Report abuse

so you think a bunch of negative commentary is going to help this team win? You've read Portis' commentary and Moss and Rock. Apparently they do catch the vibe of the fans and the media. We know what the problem is non football guys running a football team.

And ST21, we lost a great player these guys lost their friend how bad azz would our D be? I'm guessing totally bad azz. That may have allowed us to draft Oher.

What if the fans embraced the 9-7 victory instead of booing, we kick some FGs in Det and win? Maybe I don't know but I wouldn't be surprised if Zorn was pressured to more aggressive by Danny, would you?

Posted by: pabrian2003 | December 16, 2009 7:13 PM | Report abuse

Edvar, your a hater. You can put your hateful opinions up here all you want, that's a choice you have to live with. Hate on hater. I will continue to support my team.

Your twisting my words too. I didn't say you can't have an opinion I just said none of us have any real credibility so why be a hater?

Posted by: pabrian2003 | December 16, 2009 7:23 PM | Report abuse

I have never seen more assinine and stupid post regarding Rock Cartwright in my life on this blog, now if Rock wasn't upset about being demoted(for Ganther) then all of you would be saying that Rock has lost his will to compete,in my opinion Rock should be upset hell Marcus Mason got more playing time than Rock Marcus Mason!! for God's sake, look Ganther is all right but he ain't Portis hell he ain't even Rock, i don't know what made Zorn start Ganther over Rock but Zorn should be fired based on that move alone. This past training camp all i read on this blog was about Marcus this Marcus that Mason is slow and he's no game changer i mean that's what you want when he spells a starter, speed and the ability to make a difference that my friends is not what Mason does. Rock has been a standup guy a "rock" if you will on special teams and now all of a sudden he's dog piss, PLEASE!!! some of you have about as much loyalty as the idiot running the front office of this franchise.

Posted by: dargregmag | December 16, 2009 7:27 PM | Report abuse

This is just getting stupid. I am not a hater. If you read all of my posts you will see that I praise where I think it's due and challenge where I think better performance is expected. To categorize me as a "Hater" is just typical of the shallow thinking I've come to recognize as your brand. Labeling people is always stupid whether it is because of their nationality, skin color, religion or dislike of incompetent punt returners - so chill out already.

You can be a fan and be critical of poor performance the same way you can love your country yet vocalize displeasure with a policy you believe is not in it's best interests.

I'm glad you are a fan - we both are, I have never questioned that. I just think you post a lot of stupid comments and back them up with irrelevant stats and every once in a while I challenge your thinking.

I'm sorry you are so brittle. I'll try to be more delicate next time.

Posted by: edvar | December 16, 2009 7:43 PM | Report abuse

Oh and Merry Christmas to you, too.

Posted by: TheCork

You know, I would if I could. See regardless of what you'd like to think Cork, how I carry it here on this blog is the EXACT same way if I we were in person. I keep telling you this, but you don't here me though...

I'm not some wanna be half-ass journalist that hides behind a blog. Don't you rant on about fellow bloggers or athletes you find unfavorable? I know you do, so why is it a problem when I do it? You hypocritical prick!
So instead of taking shots from behind a screen, why don't you bring your old dusty and crusty ass to the DMV and get at me?

But go ahead and continue your trailblazing path of self-righteous deuchebaggery.

Posted by: RedDMV | December 16, 2009 8:13 PM | Report abuse

"Screw the picks I'd trade him for Peyton Manning."

That's funny. :)

I think you could trade Cooley for a starting/quality OL easy. Someone said Minnesota, I'm sure Farve would certainly love to have him there.

Otherwise you keep the guy and wait for people to come to you. Cooley is a bonified Pro-bowl TE in the league. He's one of the few Skins that have value.

Other then getting hurt, he has done nothing wrong.

Sellers, Landry, ARE, Campbell, Portis...those guys all suck and need to be cut/replaced immediately.

Haynesworth needs to stop saying his fat hurts, and Hall is an effective DB but he can't tackle for a hoot.

- Ray

Posted by: rmcazz | December 16, 2009 8:14 PM | Report abuse

I'll throw one more at you all....

What if they Skins actually kept all of those draft picks instead of trade them for losers?

Where would they be right now???

- Ray

Posted by: rmcazz | December 16, 2009 8:18 PM | Report abuse

Would you guys trade MK12 if you could get a 3rd rounder for him?

Posted by: shanteefamilee | December 16, 2009 3:20 PM | Report abuse

Tough one...Zorn doesn't play him in lieu of ARE, but he would be that guy we let go and he be a monster.

Posted by: rickyroge | December 16, 2009 8:23 PM | Report abuse

4-12

This is funny.

Thanks.

Posted by: MistaMoe | December 16, 2009 8:28 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: rickyroge | December 16, 2009 8:31 PM | Report abuse

rickroge

"Would you trade Laron Landry if you could get a 1st round pick for him? How about a 2nd?"

No, I wouldn't trade him.

He might be an ALL Pro strong safety, at least that's how he played this past Sunday when not in coverage.

Why move him?

I could see offering up S Moss or the 1st pick in the '11 draft (or both) to get possibly a 2nd rounder (and an additional pick) next year.

I know folks will howl, but Moss is starting to look kinda ordinary.

In the 1st jints' game, C Webster shut him down.

If the team is not going to use him in the slot or as the regular punt returner, put him in the market and see what shakes.

Posted by: MistaMoe | December 16, 2009 8:41 PM | Report abuse

I'm with you Moe on Moss...

I think we need a younger faster version of Moss. I'd like to see what Kelly can do when ARE is gone. When I went to the Saints game...all I saw is Kelly running on and off the field.

I wouldn't trade Landry either, I just wanted to see what he may get.

Posted by: rickyroge | December 16, 2009 8:45 PM | Report abuse

I'm with you Moe on Moss...

I wouldn't trade Landry either, I just wanted to see what he may get.

Posted by: rickyroge

I'm not sure about this one fellas. Webster had Safety help and nobody else could get open. He is still the guy defenses are preparing to stop.

As well as the back up RBs are playing, I don't think defenses are afraid of any of them. QG ran hard but we have slowly evolved to a passing team lately.

Posted by: dcwun | December 16, 2009 8:51 PM | Report abuse

hey REDDMV...if you were to ever pick on a player why rock?he has the most character on the team...what a betrayal!

Posted by: JasonCampbellisnotproblem | December 16, 2009 8:53 PM | Report abuse

I respect Rock and understand why he's frustrated, having said that, you don't say what he said in the media. You say it to the coach...

Gibbs 2.0 remnants is slowly coming to an end.

Posted by: rickyroge | December 16, 2009 8:57 PM | Report abuse

I think you keep Moss unless you can get some value for him. He drops too many balls though.

Posted by: rickyroge | December 16, 2009 8:58 PM | Report abuse

Rock? Most character on the team? We're in serious trouble in the character department if that's true.

He has been whining TO THE PRESS since he went free agent a few years ago and couldn't get an offer he liked. Read the stuff he said today? "I'm not going to the coaches." Read what he did last week, announcing that he wouldn't be starting when the coach was trying to keep it quiet. If that's character then Dan Snyder is six feet tall.

Posted by: League-Source | December 16, 2009 8:59 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: JasonCampbellisnotproblem

Like the name....BUT

What makes his character better than the others? He's mouthed off more than some of the other that we crucify daily.

I respect him but, can you honestly say Rock is a threat to return a kickoff? I think not.

Posted by: dcwun | December 16, 2009 8:59 PM | Report abuse

I think it's time for some of these folks on this blog to move out of their parent's basement. Or get back on their meds, you know who you are be honest with yourself for once in your life.

Posted by: bhoang888 | December 16, 2009 9:01 PM | Report abuse

Re: Spiller

What do you guys think of trading down in the draft and selecting O-Line and Jahvid Best instead? (Assuming Okung is gone)

Posted by: mardiros | December 16, 2009 9:08 PM | Report abuse

Why throw out innuendos and indirect s***? Why not just come out and name names?

Because you're too cho cha, plain and simple.

Posted by: RedDMV | December 16, 2009 9:08 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: bhoang888 | December 16, 2009 9:01 PM |

Thanks for you recommend, Mr. Hoang. I look into it and see what can do.

Posted by: FartezDudmore | December 16, 2009 9:17 PM | Report abuse

dcwun

"...Webster had Safety help and nobody else could get open. He (S Moss) is still the guy defenses are preparing to stop."

This is a nice debate.

Let's look at some numbers, shall we?:

2009 Washington Redskins rec 53 700 13.2 53.8 59T 3 12 3 32 2

2008 Washington Redskins rec 79 1,044 13.2 65.2 67T 6 15 3 50 1

2007 Washington Redskins rec 61 808 13.2 57.7 49 3 11 3 43 1

2006 Washington Redskins rec 55 790 14.4 56.4 68T 6 11 4 36 1

2005 Washington Redskins rec 84 1,483 17.7 92.7 78T 9 24 10 60 2

Moss has been in the league 8 years.

It looks like he has another 1,000 season in him.

But could he be an asset in say, Houston, where he and A Johnson make better targets for M Schaub and than he and D Thomas would for J Campbell?

I'd move Moss with the '11 1st rounder to get a 2nd rounder and 5th rounder next spring.

That's three picks in rounds 1-2 and an additonal late rounder.

Posted by: MistaMoe | December 16, 2009 9:45 PM | Report abuse

You would trade 2011's number 1

Whoa...

Posted by: rickyroge | December 16, 2009 9:53 PM | Report abuse

Before I go to bed, I want to get something off my chest...

Albert Haynesworth is a BEAST! Please let's stop acting like every FA is a bust. Haynesworth is dominant, but needs to get in shape. I like Kedric Golston, but he ain't no Kedric Golston.

Posted by: rickyroge | December 16, 2009 10:01 PM | Report abuse

Sorry I'm tired....he ain't no Albert Haynesworth

Posted by: rickyroge | December 16, 2009 10:02 PM | Report abuse

Because you're too cho cha, plain and simple.

Posted by: RedDMV | December 16, 2009 9:08 PM |

You muffed that one dude. Been dating Missy? Or MissyMoe?

Posted by: FartezDudmore | December 16, 2009 10:04 PM | Report abuse

Albert Haynesworth is a BEAST!

Posted by: rickyroge | December 16, 2009 10:01 PM |

Mebbe if 30 lbs lighter.

Posted by: FartezDudmore | December 16, 2009 10:10 PM | Report abuse

Has anyone else seen this:

Collections Coordinator - Washington Redskins

Apparently the other sap got tired of beating up Grandma and the overzealous, dying small businesses who have contracts with the Danny, or they just need more capacity to beat up ticket holders who can't pay.

I can outsource this for pennies on the dollar if the Danny will listen to my pitch.

Posted by: CLTMan1 | December 16, 2009 10:13 PM | Report abuse

I post stupid comments like I think we should keep our Qb and 1st string RB, that's retarded.

Posted by: pabrian2003 | December 16, 2009 10:26 PM | Report abuse

I think we should cut all of our proven NFL caliber players and replace them with guys who are good at NCAA football, thanks for showing me the light guys

Posted by: pabrian2003 | December 16, 2009 10:32 PM | Report abuse

Rock is probably frustrated with the favoritism shown to players who don't produce (Randle El, Phillip Daniels) - guys who get plenty of playing time but seldom if ever ever make a play. Rock has made some nice plays converting third downs but is rewarded with time on the bench. He should complain.

Posted by: coparker5 | December 16, 2009 10:33 PM | Report abuse

everyone here wants to trade or release someone. can we trade Zorn?

Posted by: Skins2 | December 16, 2009 10:35 PM | Report abuse

rickyroge

"You would trade 2011's number 1?"

You'd probably get a 2nd rounder out of it.

That gives you three picks in rounds 1 and 2.

Think of the choices you'd have.

Posted by: MistaMoe | December 16, 2009 10:55 PM | Report abuse

did anyone read this?

"Jones could be too late for Shanny"

a story in RUMOR CENTRAL.
please share with us if you have access. thanks

Posted by: Skins2 | December 16, 2009 10:59 PM | Report abuse

Every year there are a handful of QUINTON GANTHER's available to clubs. Don't sweat the small stuff. Resign CAMPBELL or make trades for more firsts, a second, and a sixth. Get the LT we need either, RUSSELL OKUNG or BRUCE CAMPBELL, CIRON BLACK, MIKE JOHNSON, then worry with the rest of the picks. If CAMPBELL and COOLEY are in the house that leaves a fifth, and seventh pick unless other players such as CLINTON PORTIS are dealt for more picks.

If there are no more picks because wholesale changes do not occur during FA, go for OTAGWE or COLLINS at FS, DUNTA ROBINSON at CB and KEITH BULLOCK at SSLB. If BULLOCK is looking for his retirement contract, pick someone else from FA, but get a good OLB so RAK can hone his DE skills.

There are a hundred ways to go here, but don't waste high draft picks on bling QB's and RB's unless CAMPBELL and PORTIS are gone. Then use their extra trade picks for QB and RB.

The point is don't panic and leave the foundation of this franchise half done. Go get the beef on offense, and the three skill players on defense to make next year's "d" air tight. Wait till 2011 IF necessary, then pursue that QB and RB.

Posted by: glawrence007 | December 16, 2009 11:09 PM | Report abuse

Re: Spiller

Posted by: mardiros | December 16, 2009 9:08 PM | Report abuse

Then we'd have to get rid of Barnes because he makes Best puke. Ooh, think I'll go check it out on youtube again....

Posted by: HughGRection | December 16, 2009 11:14 PM | Report abuse

There are three guys in the CAA this year that could succeed in the NFL, TRACY from W&M, MOATS from JMU, both DE's and MATT McCRACKEN 6'5' 305 LG RICHMOND. He's a good seventh round pick unless the combines hype him above that level.

Posted by: glawrence007 | December 16, 2009 11:17 PM | Report abuse

Why would Rock be frustred by the playing time of two players that don't play his position. I think maybe the fact that Ganther avg 5.8 yds per carry in the NO game and Rock was 3 yds may have had something to do with it. If he wants to be frustred, point the finger at himself for not maximizing his opportunity.

Posted by: lifelongfan | December 16, 2009 11:20 PM | Report abuse

I say bring zorn back next yr with cambell. Let zorn know if we start slow next yr he will be let go in season. I like sherm lewis calling plays for us also love the young guys getting a chance to show what they can do. Also believe it or not vinny should get credit for bringing in sherm lewis and also should get credit for the job the o line and the the job running backs and the job the receivers are doing. HAIL TO THE REDSKINS! WE WILL BE THERE NEXT YR IN THE PLAYOFFS PERIOD!!!

Posted by: wattsicon | December 16, 2009 11:28 PM | Report abuse

WTF, everybody nods off at 11:00 P.M.? I THOUGHT 12:00 WAS THE WITCHING HOUR.

Posted by: glawrence007 | December 16, 2009 11:31 PM | Report abuse

In catching up on the comments I have the following opinions:

ARE - Currently a subpar return man. Some of this is on him but I also think the return unit is not that good. Even when Moss and Hall have been back there they have been swarmed by tacklers. However, I see no reason to not see if someone on the roster can perform better. I am surprised they are not looking at Tyron. Also I think you need to seperate ARE the returner from ARE the receiver. He is a good slot receiver who has caught many key 3rd down passes (41 catchs, 11.3 yds per catch).

Rock - Good if not great Kick returner and RB. However, DT and QG seem to have more upside. Don't have a problem with him wanting to play and being disappointed as long as it does not become a distraction.

Lots of talk about trading players. Two issues to consider. First I think Haynesworth is the only player on the time that could be traded straight up for a 1st. Some of the others may warrent a 2nd, but the Skins should keep them. Second, I believe in a trade the receiving team has to take on the salary (but not bonus) in place for the player. I think it can be renegioated but only to increase. Not sure how much salary players like Cooley are entitled to but that might make trades difficult.

Posted by: lifelongfan | December 16, 2009 11:32 PM | Report abuse

Sorry, comment should be "good but not great"

Posted by: lifelongfan | December 16, 2009 11:48 PM | Report abuse

I don't see a lot of off season trading going on for the Skins, myself.

Do we trade Cooley? I guess you could think about it, but it had better be for a #2 or multiple picks. Still not sure it's the right move. What if Davis gets hurt? Then we go from two great TE's to darn little. Depth is good. And I'm liking Yoder in the backfield... (See PAB - I said something nice!)

I thought we should have traded Carlos last off season while the other teams thought he had value as a top corner. Now, the truth is out. He's good enough to play in the NFL, but nothing that special. Not sure we can get much for him. I'd consider all offers.

I think Betts is done and has no trade value. He might not even be able to make it onto the field until 2011, if at all.

I don't think Portis can be traded (contract). If his future lies elsewhere (which I think it should, but that is an interesting topic for discussion given a possible coaching change), it would have to be because he is released.

Rock could be looking at his last season here. Assuming they keep Ganther, we could be looking for two or more RB's next year.

With JC 17, it seems to make the most sense to sign him to an incentive laden deal for 2-3 years. He may have trade value (or RFA compensation value), but with few good choices available to replace him, it may not be in our best interests to let him go.

Other trade candidates? MK 12? I'd rather give him another year. The upside is too good and because he hasn't blossomed yet, his trade value is pretty low. Better to invest one more year.

Montgomery on D line? I'd keep him. Griffin is near the end. Monty is a BIG BOY.

Landry? HELL NO! Move him to Strong Safety where he freakin belongs and let him thrive.

Who am I missing? I don't think ARE has any trade value (teams would just wait for us to cut him if we were shopping him...). Smoot? Nothing You keep Carter. Daniels and Wynn have no trade value.

So, maybe Cooley, maybe Carlos, maybe JC 17. Aside from Carlos, if you move the other two, you leave a big hole, so not much progress there.

Posted by: edvar | December 17, 2009 12:41 AM | Report abuse

Who's not gonna be on the opening day roster next year from the injured reserve list? Here's my best guess:

Betts - nope
Brennan - maybe, depends on draft, injured twice 50/50
Cooley - yes, hope so
Horton - yup
Jarmon - Yep
Portis - doubtful
Rinehart - Gonna have to beat some good competition, so...no.
Samuels - Retired
Thomas - Retired or waived
Williams (rookie FB) - odds are...no

So...Cooley, Jarmen, Horton and maaaaaybe Colt. Say good by to the rest. Again, I said opening day roster, not camp.

Posted by: edvar | December 17, 2009 12:53 AM | Report abuse

Who on the ACTIVE ROSTER makes the team next year:

C - C. Rabach - no
C/G - Edwin Williams - yes
C/G - W Montgomery - replaced in draft
G - Dockery - yes
G - Williams - yes
T/G - Paul Fanaika - ? maybe/no who knows?
T - S Heyer - no, draft upgrade costs him.
T - Levi Jones - yes
T - W Robinson - ? probably not, who knows?
TE - Fred Davis - yes
DE - Carter - yes
DE - Daniels - no
DE - Rob Jackson - yes
DE - Wynn - no
DT - L Alexander - yes
DT - Kedric Golston - yes
DT - C Griffin - one more year?
DT - Haynesworth - yes
DT - Montgomery - yes
K - Graham Ganno - yes? hope so...
P - Hunter Smith - yes
LS - Ethan Albright - yes
LB - HB Blades - yes
LB - Alvin Bowen - ? no ? somebody help me here...
LB - L Fletcher - yes
LB - Curtis Gatewood - probably? more help here....
LB - Robert Henson - maybe/probably
LB- R McIntosh - depends on new contract
LB/DE - B Orakpo - no/cut HA! just kidding...
LB/DE C Wilson - yes
S - R Doughty - yes
S - L Holmes - needs a great camp
S - L Landry - yes
S - K Moore - yes/probably

Lots to think about.

Posted by: edvar | December 17, 2009 1:34 AM | Report abuse

I think I left out Sellars at FB, because, at 36 years old, he will also be left of the roster next year...

Posted by: edvar | December 17, 2009 1:36 AM | Report abuse

Reason #287 why I want this coaching staff gone...here's a telling exerpt from today's article on the O-line:

"But over the last four games -- a quarter of the season -- the Redskins have given up just 1.25 sacks a game, compared to 3.33 per over the first nine games. Given the personnel, how can that happen?

"I don't know," Redskins offensive coordinator Sherman Smith said."

Wow...just wow.

Posted by: brownwood26 | December 17, 2009 6:13 AM | Report abuse

Threadjack: Cerrato resigned?

Posted by: peterandmeredith | December 17, 2009 8:36 AM | Report abuse

Vinny Cerrato out as Redskins front-office boss; is Bruce Allen coming in?

BEST NEWS EVER!!!