Haynesworth's mom gets an assist in win

Coach Jim Zorn received a midweek pep talk from an unexpected source: Linda Haynesworth. With the team mired in a four-game losing streak, defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth's mother called the Redskins' second-year coach with some words of advice.

"She was just fired up and just wanted us to be excited about continuing to go," Zorn said. Linda Haynesworth moved to the Washington area after her son joined the team last spring and attends all of the Redskins' home games.

"I know she kept telling me, 'Tell your buddies, if you go out there and just have fun, don't worry about winning or losing, just go out have fun, it'll be okay,'" Haynesworth said. "So then I got a text this morning, saying, 'Remember to tell everybody just to have fun. Don't worry about winning or losing. If it's the Lord's will, it'll happen.'"

Haynesworth said his mother isn't usually quite so fervent in doling advice but saw a big need after the loss in Atlanta. "She knows I don't really like a whole lot of that stuff," Haynesworth said. "This week she wanted to do it, and that's what she did. She was right: go out there and have fun and we can be all right."

Haynesworth sprained his ankle late in the game and had to be helped off the field. "It'll be all right," he said. "It just happened, so we'll see how it goes and do X-rays and all that stuff."

By Rick Maese  |  November 15, 2009; 7:45 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Yoder steps up again with another TD
Next: Betts, Cartwright give Redskins a foundation

Comments

So now zorn is getting lessons on pep talks from AH's mother. Are you completely clueless zorn?

Posted by: Curzon417 | November 15, 2009 7:50 PM | Report abuse

Hoping to see how Springs is playing tonight but I noticed he is inactive. Did not mention why.

Posted by: lifelongfan | November 15, 2009 7:58 PM | Report abuse

Way to go mom just what this team needed(i think)Levi didn't look to bad out there today, but Heyer(ugh!) he can't hold his block. I think JC needs glasses Yoder was wide open on one play i mean more open than a hooker on k st. and JC didn't see him look i've defended JC to the enth degree but on that play........... I'm growing tired of Laron Landry's act and i think Blatche ought to rein him in, trust me i ain't holding my breath on that one.The Cowboy's are going to try and drop about 40 on the Skins next Sunday to make up for that stinker in Grn.Bay today, well this will make for an interesting week should be fun for a change and what if we had beaten, naw i won't go there.

Posted by: dargregmag | November 15, 2009 8:08 PM | Report abuse

Someone's mom is pep-talking Zorn.

I'm just...I mean...How can...

...never mind...

Posted by: p1funk | November 15, 2009 8:09 PM | Report abuse

Make her headcoach next year.

Posted by: mediumman | November 15, 2009 8:13 PM | Report abuse

Whadda great victory! Hail To The Redskins.

Dallas started 6-2 this year and then lost to Green Bay..If we can beat 'em, how nice would it be to see their season falter like ours last year!

That would make my year if da Skins don't make the playoffs-which seems likely.

`
Oh and rachel, please don't ever say you want Dallas to win. EVER!

Posted by: Vicc | November 15, 2009 8:16 PM | Report abuse

p1funk,

I didn't know Carlos Rogers had apologists.

About Carlos,

Posted by: Vicc | November 15, 2009 8:20 PM | Report abuse

PFT's Mike Florio is reporting that Albert Haynesworth's mom call up Redskins Coach Jim Zorn to give him a pep talk. Main theme of the pep talk was stop all of that medium talk.

Posted by: Curzon417 | November 15, 2009 8:20 PM | Report abuse

c'mon guys. give vinnie his due. thomas made a good play on the catch on his knees, knowing where he had to be, and a great play when he fought so hard after the catch, showing real heart. kelly made a good catch, davis several. orakpo breaks the rookie sack record, thanks to help from haynesworth. you've roasted vinnie on his bad days. give him credit for a good day.

Posted by: richardshaker | November 15, 2009 8:21 PM | Report abuse

Any1 else notice Todd Yoder playing lead fullback on Betts' td-run?

Posted by: Vicc | November 15, 2009 8:21 PM | Report abuse

Just shows what a decent lineman can do for your offense... go Levi Jones! Now if we can really get lucky next year and draft/trade/steal a Stud Tackle or two we'll be alright. Stop going after these sexy positions, enough already! Go get me some Maulers snyderato.

Posted by: bhoang888 | November 15, 2009 8:22 PM | Report abuse

A re-post-again-gang! Boy, J.R., coming from the Nats' site I'm not used to your prolific posting!So, in the interest of provoking some thoughts (that I believe, unfortunately, that many of us already share)...
Hey Gang...this is gonna sound...well, here's the deal:
Look, I'm happy, excited, that we won. And I don't much care to feel, on a deeper level, the way I do. BUT-I was SORTA hoping we'd LOSE-and continue doing so. Because the wins only serve as band aids to our deeper issue. The owner. And sadly, the crummier we play the better the chances are that somehow, someway Dan sees the "light". I mean, Scrooge did, right? And before we hear about how willing he is to spend money-remember it's OUR money. And reflect on the countless ways Dan has taken advantage of our love for the 'Skins by taking our cash.
Funny-our air and print yakkers call Dan everything BUT a "bad man"!
And then jump Riggo for saying what they've been insinuating for years.Kinda like inciting a riot over someones' views on something-and then deploring the response!
You see, I think Riggo came correct.
Not to say Dan's a murderer or beats his kids...but we seem to have lost the notion of being honorable in your actions and dealings with others...not just SOME others,but ALL others-or as close as you can get. Being a bully because you CAN....now, back in the dark ages when I was raised, if I engaged in behavior of that sort a parent or someone else in authority would have told me I was being a "Bad Boy".
Any whoo, back to my original point.It's hard for me to be really happy with vee's when I know it only prolongs the agony of my cherished teams' being owned by a "bad" guy.And lessens the likelihood of the changes in behavior/actions/attitude that would make this a team that is "winner"- whether they win games or not.An honorable franchise
And I don't want to see Dan sell the team-he'd be just as miserable a human with just as much money and power..able to impact others just as negatively in some other arena.
Ya know, we just LOVE the stories about our athletes who redeem themselves through an embrace of "doing the right thing"....
So, Mr. Snyder....can YOU step up to the plate? Because until you do...well, I'm still a lifelong 'Skins fan, and oh, of course I'll root for victories.....but my heart just ain't in it....
Go Skins.

Posted by: zendo | November 15, 2009 8:22 PM | Report abuse

congratulations to the redskins finally getting a win. nice seeing betts did his thing, proving again that he is a better running back in this offense.
i still think that portis and jason campbell are not effective and they have to go. coach zorn is not the problem, but mainly these two people. portis was disrespectful and jason by being so undecisive.

Posted by: capsfan2007 | November 15, 2009 8:25 PM | Report abuse

Oh and rachel, please don't ever say you want Dallas to win. EVER!

Posted by: Vicc | November 15, 2009 8:16 PM

what are you thinking woman!

Posted by: bhoang888 | November 15, 2009 8:26 PM | Report abuse

Great to know we have a competent backup at Rb. Great job Betts.

I was one of the group calling for Betts' release. Good thing Coaches don't make rash judgements/decisions based on insufficient evidence. We bashed Betts so much to the point we thought Marcus Mason was better! *chuckle*

Sorry Ladell.

Posted by: Vicc | November 15, 2009 8:26 PM | Report abuse

Can somebody explain why Country Music is used to market NFL games?

The stadiums boom hip hop and dance music that the players bounce to on the sidelines.

The television networks feature twang and hootin' and hollerin'.

Wazzup wid dat?

Posted by: MistaMoe | November 15, 2009 8:28 PM | Report abuse

She sounds straight up to me. I like the Big Man's Mom. We must have a spot for her, no? Vinny's job perhaps? She'd do better, right?

Posted by: TheDubb | November 15, 2009 8:32 PM | Report abuse

Yeah, I got to see the 'skins play b/c they played the donkeys, my towns home team.
A though and a question:
This was Bugle's win. He got the O-line to do their job. This is what good teams do. Now if only we can continue to act like one.

Question: Were the stands as empty as they looked on TV?
If so, then great for the faithful, and scru Snyderatto.

Posted by: MrChili | November 15, 2009 8:33 PM | Report abuse

Vicc- Hey the only reason why I said I wanted Dallas to win was because now we know they're gonna come out firing next Sunday. They know they have to win, it's against us, they're at home, and they played a horrible game against the Packers.

Just like when the Eagles lost to the Raiders and they basically took it out on us on Monday Night Football.

You're making everyone hate me now!

Posted by: rachel216 | November 15, 2009 8:41 PM | Report abuse

Nice throw by Peyton to Wayne. JC would never have thrown that pass. Ever.

And NE will lose a TO because of that challenge.

Posted by: Curzon417 | November 15, 2009 8:44 PM | Report abuse

Question: Were the stands as empty as they looked on TV?

Posted by: MistaMoe | November 15, 2009 8:45 PM | Report abuse

MistaMoe,

Not so sure it is the country music, but more the fine bunny singing it.

Sorry rachel. I'd rather every1 here hate Dallas.

Posted by: Vicc | November 15, 2009 8:52 PM | Report abuse

Interesting what a receiver can do when the ball hits you in stride.

Posted by: Skins930 | November 15, 2009 9:02 PM | Report abuse

Maybe Haynesworth's Mom could give a pep talk to the team this week as they prepare for the Cowgirls. I'm sure she could do a better job than JZ.

I don't think he could motivate a man on fire to jump into a pool.

Posted by: 72Redskins | November 15, 2009 9:03 PM | Report abuse

Interesting what a receiver can do when the ball hits you in stride.

Posted by: Skins930

Like what?

Posted by: Vicc | November 15, 2009 9:06 PM | Report abuse

I want to be happy. But the nature of this season forces me to see even the positives in a negative light. The glass is two-thirds empty, after all.

So I can't help but view this victory as yet another indictment of Zorn.

Why hasn't Rino starting over Will Montgomery from the beginning?

Levi was a difference. But so was this change at RG. And RB. And Cornerback.

Let's review.

1. Lack of situational awareness:
a. Detroit: Penalty acceptance
b. Carolina: 4th down attempt up by 8, fails, putting Carolina in good field position which promptly leads to a field goal, cutting the lead to 5.
c. KC: punting with 2:05 left in the game down by 2 points on a 4th and 2 (2 minute warning wasted on change of possession. Even in best case scenario we would have spent 3 timeouts making the stop clock, to force a punt, to get the ball back exactly where we were to begin with, with less time on the clock and no timeouts)

2. Not coaching to team's strengths (constantly going for it on fourth down instead of electing to punt, play field position, and put our defense in good position)

3. Ineffective Play Calling (See increased points per game with new play caller Sherm Smith in spite of decimated O-Line)

4. And now add to the list the incontravertable truth: Inability to identify the best players:

a. Clinton Portis vs Ladell Betts
b. Will Montgomery vs. Chad Rinehart
c. DT/MK vs Marko Mitchell
d. Carlos Rogers vs The mouth of the south
c. Montgomery/Batiste/E Williams vs. Jeremy Bridges

I'm no fan of the FO. But I honestly believe that with a COMPETENT HC we would be 6-3 (Det, KC, Carolina).

So to all Zorn apologists, please explain how it is that Zorn is not at fault for this season?

Posted by: brianearman | November 15, 2009 9:06 PM | Report abuse

I agree richardshaker. Vinny also brought in Sherm Lewis and the offense has looked somewhat NFL caliber ever since. Vinny brought in Ganther too - the kid looked good when he was in the game. Props to you Vinny Cerato.

Posted by: coparker5 | November 15, 2009 9:07 PM | Report abuse

Any1 else notice Todd Yoder playing lead fullback on Betts' td-run?

Posted by: Vicc | November 15, 2009 8:21 PM | Report abuse

Why yes I did. I was looking for it on the replay. It looked like big Mike was lined up at TE, compliments to whoever is shuffling personnel to accentuate various strengths, Sherm2?

Posted by: RomoLongballs | November 15, 2009 9:07 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: brianearman

I'm not an apologist, but I think a Tony Dungy quote is appropriate: "Coaches coach, Players play"

I don't think Tony is the only person who feels this way either.

Posted by: Vicc | November 15, 2009 9:11 PM | Report abuse

Interesting what a receiver can do when the ball hits you in stride.

Posted by: Skins930

Like what?

Posted by: Vicc

Like score a TD. We haven't seen it b/c JC can't hit any reciever in stride. He either underthrows it, overthrows it, or leads the reciever out of bounds. I don't know how many times he could've hit Moss in stride and it would've been a TD, except he overthrew him.

Okay, not going to bash JC anymore today. We WON.

Posted by: rachel216 | November 15, 2009 9:12 PM | Report abuse

brianearman,

Oh and see earlier rickyroge comments on the concept of a TEAM.

Posted by: Vicc | November 15, 2009 9:13 PM | Report abuse

Like what?

Posted by: Vicc

Oh, I don't know, yards after catch when you have momentum without having to stop or adjust to a misplaced pass. TDs because the receiver cannot be caught by a DB they already burned for the same reason as above.

Posted by: Skins930 | November 15, 2009 9:17 PM | Report abuse

...what Rachel said...

Posted by: Skins930 | November 15, 2009 9:20 PM | Report abuse

Make her headcoach next year.

Posted by: mediumman

Oddly, word out of Ashburn this evening is they are binging in Mrs. Heynsworth as "another set of eyes" for Blache and the D.

Posted by: The_Spear | November 15, 2009 9:21 PM | Report abuse

RomoLongballs,

I knew I wasn't tha only 1.

For tha longest time, I thought you were talent_evaulator. I forget when I stopped thinking that.

Posted by: Vicc | November 15, 2009 9:22 PM | Report abuse

the Pats have a rookie from Germany of all places playing LT against Dwight Freeney and he's doing a pretty good job... unreal

Posted by: joek443 | November 15, 2009 9:29 PM | Report abuse

D'Angelo Hall is a head case...BUT...he's a ball hawk and playmaker. He gives up big plays be he makes em' too!

Posted by: rickyroge | November 15, 2009 9:38 PM | Report abuse

If Assistant Coaches could win Coach of the Year, Buges would be a shoe-in.

Marty Shottenheimer for GM!

Posted by: PriorKnowledge | November 15, 2009 9:41 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: coparker5

Ganther - 3 carries + 4 yrds + 1.3 avg = sucks.
1 catch for 18 yrds = ?

Posted by: hessone | November 15, 2009 9:43 PM | Report abuse

Where'd Moe Goe?

Baseball's ova right?

Posted by: Vicc | November 15, 2009 9:43 PM | Report abuse

rickyroge- But he's also a retard for lateraling the ball to Landry. If you watch it again, Landry was suprised by it and almost fumbled it. And Hall also got killed after he lateraled it. Next time, he should just keep the ball.

Posted by: rachel216 | November 15, 2009 9:47 PM | Report abuse

If assistant coaches could win Coach of the Year, Mike Zimmer the DC of the Bengals would win it hands down.

Posted by: joek443 | November 15, 2009 9:48 PM | Report abuse

LMAO!

Check out the first Cartoon...

Is there any1 on RI like this?

Posted by: Vicc | November 15, 2009 9:49 PM | Report abuse

Last thoughts before bed...

- GREAT to see the ball spread around today. You can't tell me that playcalling is not the difference.

- If Portis comes back next week, Zorn will completely lose this team.

- You can call Albert Haynesworth all the names you want, but he is a difference maker

-Lorenzo Alexander is the most underated player on this team.

- JC had time today and still looked scared...he managed the game, but looks average.

- ARE is still returning punts...Zorn should be fired for this alone.

- Is this JC's first fourth quarter winning drive as a Skins?

- Shoulda got Levi Jones from day one!

- Yes, we need a new O-Line, BUT we need an absolute BEAST on offense...a player that is a threat to score everytime he touches the ball.

- Orakpo is a BEAST!

- They should have fired Zorn, made Gray interim HC and brought in Lewis to call the Offense.

Nite...Nite!

Posted by: rickyroge | November 15, 2009 9:57 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: brianearman

Oh for gosh sakes, it's NOT one man's fault. It has never been one man's fault.

But yes, if it will make you feel better, Zorn's name is near the top of a very long list.

What we saw today tho was a bunch of individuals, who had their pride hurt all year long, get fed up and hit the krap out of the other guys.

It even made up for two bone head pass coverages and two bonehead kickoffs.

Hitting forgive a lot of sins.

Posted by: TheCork | November 15, 2009 9:58 PM | Report abuse

Nice win. Let's beat the Cowboys in Dallas and, please.

Posted by: Notorious_LMG | November 15, 2009 9:59 PM | Report abuse

Would any of ya'll trade Fred Davis for a third or fourth rounder.

I would have four weeks ago, but with Cooley approaching 30, I may keep him.

Posted by: rickyroge | November 15, 2009 10:01 PM | Report abuse

Well said Cork!

You win as a team and lose as a team...from the front office (yes I said it) to the equipment manager.

Posted by: rickyroge | November 15, 2009 10:04 PM | Report abuse

Would any of ya'll trade Fred Davis for a third or fourth rounder.

Posted by: rickyroge

No. He, like Tryon, has significantly improved from last year. And that is all you can ask of young players.

Posted by: Vicc | November 15, 2009 10:08 PM | Report abuse

Vicc, it was probably around the time league-source showed up lol

Posted by: RomoLongballs | November 15, 2009 10:10 PM | Report abuse

Duds we don mizz:

talent_evaluator
frak
MistaMoe
Brownwood26
Samson151
HeywoodJablowme

Posted by: TubularBells | November 15, 2009 10:29 PM | Report abuse

RomoLongballs,

Did I say talent_evaluator? *chuckle*

I meant Ifthethundadoesn'tgetya.

I've never understood changing the name of your original handle? Have you?

Posted by: Vicc | November 15, 2009 10:31 PM | Report abuse

Wow. I really don't know what to write since this winning thing is so rare. I will say it is nice to see the "three 2nd rounders" all contributing. It was nice to see Tryon, Moore and Orakpo out there making plays on defense. There are some developing young players to be optimistic about. Has Carlos Rogers lost his starting job? Based on his comments, it might be a good idea if he rides the pine for a little while. He can sit beside Portis on the bench because Betts is really showing something right now. There is no way I would bring Portis back as the starter.

Posted by: RedSkinHead | November 15, 2009 10:32 PM | Report abuse

TubularBells,

I actually enjoy fraks vivid schtick.

Posted by: Vicc | November 15, 2009 10:33 PM | Report abuse

TubularBells,

I actually enjoy fraks vivid schtick.

Posted by: Vicc | November 15, 2009 10:33 PM |

IMO it was shi_tick.

Posted by: TubularBells | November 15, 2009 10:43 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: RedSkinHead

I agree. Put Portis on IR. And let him heal. Ask him to lose 15 pounds and get some of his quickness back. He's only 28 years old. It may be rare, but some running backs remain effective at older ages. To be as consistent as he has been since he's been in the league should speak to his skill as a football player. Pick up whatever it takes to make this offense a passing threat--be it a QB or O-lineman; At this point I don't giv-a-sh!t--so offenses will quit keying in on our run.

Meanwhile, Betts can clearly carry the load for the rest of this season.

Posted by: Vicc | November 15, 2009 10:44 PM | Report abuse

they won because Kyle Orton couldn't play in the second half... that's all there's to it

Posted by: joek443 | November 15, 2009 10:45 PM | Report abuse

does Zorn even have the authority to bench Portis when he's healthy??? LOL

Posted by: joek443 | November 15, 2009 10:47 PM | Report abuse

I noticed the difference from the start in the Philadelphia game, Sherman Lewis calls a better game than JZ. Just goes to show what a crappy play caller he is and how he doesn't know how to use his players. The offense is moving in another gear with Lewis calling the plays.

Posted by: 72Redskins | November 15, 2009 10:48 PM | Report abuse

Pick up whatever it takes to make this offense a passing threat--be it a QB or O-lineman; At this point I don't giv-a-sh!t--so [offenses] will quit keying in on our run.

Posted by: Vicc | November 15, 2009 10:44 PM

`
I apologize. *Correction*

I meant [opposing defenses].

Posted by: Vicc | November 15, 2009 10:49 PM | Report abuse

sunday night game no where near living up to the hype.

Posted by: chrislarry | November 15, 2009 10:56 PM | Report abuse

Whadda throw Tom.

Michigan.

Posted by: Vicc | November 15, 2009 10:56 PM | Report abuse

No Vicc, I've thought about some funny handles, but that's it. I think Toddstinkston might be my favorite (nice Primus reference earlier BTW) for pure rival hatred expressed without confusing yourself as a fan of said rival. sigh.

Posted by: RomoLongballs | November 15, 2009 11:01 PM | Report abuse

Portis seemed very happy on the sideline today. Let's keep him that way and I'm sure he'll return the favor.

Posted by: Vicc | November 15, 2009 11:08 PM | Report abuse

and yes, I agree that while Portis might not be done, he should be done for at least another 2 weeks.

And coaching should definitely use Los as an example of the "new" policy of practice+good attitude/performance=playtime. No practice+bad attitude=not activated.

Unless your last name is Baracus.

Posted by: RomoLongballs | November 15, 2009 11:12 PM | Report abuse

Rogers also was beaten by DeSean Jackson on a double-move for a 57-yard touchdown in the loss to Philadelphia. After Marshall burned Rogers, coaches benched him for the remainder of the game in favor of Fred Smoot. "The way the season's going, defensively you can't do too much wrong," Rogers said. "Offense wasn't scoring no points, and it's a burden on us, but it happens. I'm here to support the team. If I play, I play. If I don't, I can't do nothing about that."

Carlos Rogers and Clinton Portis would be the first two guys I would get rid of if i was the GM ..I'd figure out a way because they are cancers on the team...What kind of bs is it when you don't accept that your ineffective coverage got you benched so you (CR) start talking about how its because they don't give you much slack with this offense..Dude you were a top 10 pick very recently..you should be at the top of your game and you're watching Fred Smoot do your job(who hasn't been what he used to be for a while now) Man up and stop acting like a punk kid...get rid of this type of player and watch things improve

Posted by: scottmando | November 15, 2009 11:13 PM | Report abuse

As a matter of fact, I always figured the Skins continued to start Carlos because of his coverage skills because it sure as hell wasnt for his hands, but you ain't even in the play much if a dude has some moves so yeah..go sit down and shut up Carlos

Posted by: scottmando | November 15, 2009 11:18 PM | Report abuse

I'm guessing that you were never wanted back CR thats why Barnes was drafted.. I'm not so sure about him yet either but he's young..CR has been around long enough to show that he's a BUST

Posted by: scottmando | November 15, 2009 11:20 PM | Report abuse

MistaMoe

So I played Madden recently and imported the next draft class in my franchise mode.

Not that it means anything, but the video game projected C.J. Spiller as a 6th round pick. If that were the case, I'd say SURE let's do it.

Oh Damn, I forgot we traded away our 6th rounder this upcoming year. Who ya got after Spiller?

Posted by: Vicc | November 15, 2009 11:32 PM | Report abuse

"The Redskins may actually be a most consistent efficient offense if built around Betts than Portis. But you give away any chance of a home run."
--From Boswell's column. Has he been watching Portis this year? I know, I know, 78 and 30-something for big gains, but me thinks Betts would have taken those in for a score if he'd been running the ball. Home runs not so much.

And this Sunday night game has officially now lived up to the billing!! Two scores in just over two minutes to all but win, nice.

Posted by: RomoLongballs | November 15, 2009 11:40 PM | Report abuse

Okay, Boz says as much later. I had read that, spit out my water and posted, my bad. But I disagree with his notion that Betts and CP should trade carries more frequently. I think Betts runs better when he gets in a rhythm and the OL starts feelin him.

Posted by: RomoLongballs | November 15, 2009 11:46 PM | Report abuse

Portis should not start again until he has no more headaches and can practice for a solid week. Until then, stay with Betts. He looked soooo much faster to the hole than Portis has all year.

Also, D Hall is showing more and more how oner dimensional he is. Glad he made the pick, but he tackles like he's afraid to hurt his pussy. Kind of pathetic...

Posted by: edvar | November 15, 2009 11:52 PM | Report abuse

We all knew that we needed to change something to get the offense going...too bad that we changed the play-caller and that didnt work...we tried to change starting qbs and that didnt work...then we start a backup rb and it gets us a win...clinton portis is done here...i think he realized that on the bench and he will probably not play next week either...no doubt that he has gotten us wins in the past, but he has lost his speed and vision since the middle of last season.

Posted by: kickass10101 | November 15, 2009 11:52 PM | Report abuse

Speaking of headaches, Brian Westbrook went out of the Iggles game with another concussion.

Could be his last snap... if it was me, I'd hang 'em up. Show him the Ali late in life video if he needs convincing.

Posted by: SkinsfaninKaneohe | November 16, 2009 12:44 AM | Report abuse

so what? JC always misses wide open receivers down field. dude has now accuracy on medium and long throws and always pats his stats with the little short dump offs. IMO, JC did little to help win this game.

Posted by: Curzon417 | November 15, 2009 4:17 PM

He didn't throw 5 picks like Jay Cutler did a few days ago... that really helped!

But generally speaking, I understand JC is fully responsible for the losses, but plays little or no role in the wins. Indeed.

Posted by: Alan4 | November 16, 2009 1:23 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Curzon417 | November 15, 2009 4:17 PM

Posted by: Alan4 | November 16, 2009 1:23 AM

What does Cutler's play have to do w/Campbell's accuracy?

Campbell gets full credit today for not losing the game. But the fact remains that Campbell left 14 points on the field. His lack of accuracy is a fact. Wether Cutler had 0 interceptions or 10, it does not change the fact the JC is inaccurate in medium and long passes.

Posted by: Skins930 | November 16, 2009 1:50 AM | Report abuse

Never thought it was possible, but apparently Jim Zorn and Bill Belichick swapped their brains for the day.

Posted by: zcezcest1 | November 16, 2009 1:53 AM | Report abuse

sunday night game no where near living up to the hype.

Posted by: chrislarry

Why it's never wise to post too soon.

Posted by: TheCork | November 16, 2009 2:41 AM | Report abuse

"About Carlos,
Has there ever been a good player in the NFL named Carlos? If our name is our virtue, then I think it's safe to assume that any Carlos playing in the NFL missed his calling!" by: Vicc

- Carlos Emmons? He wasn't bad for a 7th rounder, but can't say I ever saw him that much since he played his entire career for the three teams I hate ALMOST as much as Dallas: NYG, PHI, and PITT.

Posted by: harrypoopers | November 16, 2009 4:38 AM | Report abuse

"Question: Were the stands as empty as they looked on TV? I guess the team won without the fanbase's backing having lost so many games with it." Posted by: MistaMoe

- I've never been to a game where exit ramp #17 did not have a HUGE C.F. waiting to get in... We were the only car at the stoplight to turn on R-202! Never had an easier/quicker time parking... Stadium wasn't empty, but it had to have only been 2/3 full... Gotta think this influenced JC's performance, he must have had "an easier time" 'cuz he thought it was a road game...

P.S.: About this thread, is Haynesworth's mom trying to get a Chunky Soup endorsement???

Posted by: harrypoopers | November 16, 2009 4:53 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: harrypoopers | November 16, 2009 4:53 AM

She needs to talk to Campbell's mom. Campbell's owns the franchise on Chunky Soup endorsements.

Posted by: League-Source | November 16, 2009 5:53 AM | Report abuse

I was really happy about winning yesterday. My daughter even posted on her Facebook that "Daddy's happy." That's a first.

Then I picked up this morning's paper to see that, once again, Cindy did not put in the print edition a single one of my posts. Zero. Nada. Zip.

Instead, she'll be mailing out $100 checks to these guys: Predator48, brianearman, coparker5, curzon417, natsfan007, and SkinsneedaGM. At least beantowngreg isn't in there for a third consecutive week. She likes his quotes because she can pay him in bonus points.

I would cancel my subscription to the Post but I already did after Cindy snubbed me last week. Only way I read it is by borrowing my neighbor's and putting it back before he gets up. I hope he's brianearman so that he doesn't cancel his subscription.

Posted by: League-Source | November 16, 2009 6:03 AM | Report abuse

I've never understood changing the name of your original handle? Have you?

Posted by: Vicc | November 15, 2009 10:31 PM

You're a linear thinker. You'll never get outside the box.

Posted by: League-Source | November 16, 2009 6:07 AM | Report abuse

Alright, so where are all the "Betts needs to go" people this morning? Seriously, the "cut Betts for Marcus Mason" crowd, where are you? I've said for years that one of the biggest mistakes of the Gibbs 2.0 era was giving up the farm for Portis when they could have had the same level of production from Betts on the cheap. Seems funny to me that with the same crappy line Betts goes for over a hundred yards against one of the top defenses in the NFL and yet Portis can't get out of his own way against the dregs of the league. Pretty damn telling...

Posted by: brownwood26 | November 16, 2009 6:12 AM | Report abuse

What was BB thinking last night, what a bonehead move.

Posted by: Flounder21 | November 16, 2009 6:16 AM | Report abuse

sunday night game no where near living up to the hype.

Posted by: chrislarry

Why it's never wise to post too soon.

Posted by: TheCork | November 16, 2009 2:41 AM |

Mr. Corkage - is chrislarry the progeny of that famous 50s Lion, Yale Larry? If so, why wasn't he given a first name like Cornell just to keep the names in the Ivy League? I suppose the Larrys could have run out of useable Ivy League names. Brown Larry doesn't seem to be too good.

Posted by: TubularBells | November 16, 2009 6:31 AM | Report abuse