Help Chief Zee / Better Know a Commenter

Insider Loyalists,

The blog principals are enjoying some downtime this week, but I did find some time between reading old J. Freedom Dulac stories and chats to get a new post up for you. Two items of note:

First, this came to me from Cindy, who got it from JLa, who got it from Section 104:

I think it would be great to test the RI's influence with this online poll. According to my calculations, Chief Zee is about 500 votes behind.
Let's see if the RI can influence this vote, all in the name of this being an election year!
Plus, it gives us something to do since it's the quiet season...
Here's the link

(I think the voting has shifted since 104 sent this, btw)

Second, based on the comments, I think several of you have seen this already, but for the rest, it's worth a look: our Crowd Noise blog started a new feature today, "Featured Commenter." And the debut is on Redskins Insider commenter ChRiS LaRrY (I capitalized letters randomly; sorry if I got it wrong). Check it out ... and enjoy your Thursday.

- Jon

By Jon DeNunzio  |  June 19, 2008; 11:27 AM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Unrestricted: OTA Recap
Next: Redskins Sign Sixth-Round Pick

Comments

Go Chief Zee!

-Nate in the PDX

Posted by: Anonymous | June 19, 2008 11:46 AM | Report abuse

lacy undergarments

Posted by: Anonymous | June 19, 2008 11:47 AM | Report abuse

1st

Posted by: Anonymous | June 19, 2008 11:47 AM | Report abuse

Vote Zee!!!

Posted by: Alex35332 | June 19, 2008 11:57 AM | Report abuse

Yeah, looks like this campaign is working -- the race has swung well in Zee's favor. Which is nice.

But I don't like the cut of that writer's jib. Seems like he was going out of his way to make a case for picking the eagle thingy. So F that writer, and F that bird mascot.

(One more vaguely relevant travel note: I did see four bald eagles flying over Lake Washington a few days ago in Seattle, and they are awe-inspiring animals. What a shame that shower of sh!te in Philly (sorry, Adam) appropriated their good name for nefarious purposes.)

-Nate in the PDX

Posted by: Anonymous | June 19, 2008 11:57 AM | Report abuse

Random is the key!

Posted by: chris LArry | June 19, 2008 12:00 PM | Report abuse

awwwriiiite. wtg cL.

Chief zee better win this, too!

Posted by: The AMAZING Dik Shuttle of the Fabulous ShuttleLOUNGE | June 19, 2008 12:02 PM | Report abuse

the Zee must win for revenge over Philly for the attack of 83.
VOTE Zee, and don't ;-) it on multiple isp's we have to keep him in the lead till January 1st when that vote is up.

Posted by: Alex35332 | June 19, 2008 12:03 PM | Report abuse

Also, thanks to Jon DeNunz for the new post.

We needed it, we needed a kick in the pants, as well as a new map, such as.

-Nate in the PDX

Posted by: Anonymous | June 19, 2008 12:09 PM | Report abuse

BONG!

Ph*ck Filly!

Go Cheif Zee!

Posted by: BigMurf08 | June 19, 2008 12:15 PM | Report abuse

Did anyone else notice the nails Zee has going on in that picture? Whoa! Looks like the Chief is into more than just "firewater"...

Posted by: 4skinz | June 19, 2008 12:16 PM | Report abuse

That's the thing I like about Chief Zee - he's really just a crazy person...

kinda like all of us...

Posted by: Dik | June 19, 2008 12:20 PM | Report abuse

Chieg Zee is a real dude, a crazy mofo fan, Swoops is some reject theatre major loser sweating in a suit!

Posted by: chris LArry | June 19, 2008 12:23 PM | Report abuse

Can someone fill me in on the "Attack of "83"? I was 3 at the time and the memory is kind of hazy. Did it have anything to do with firewater or Zee's nails?

Posted by: 4skinz | June 19, 2008 12:24 PM | Report abuse

nads

Posted by: Anonymous | June 19, 2008 12:27 PM | Report abuse

I'm just glad they've got Zee going up against a muppet rather than that stupid "Super Eagle Guy" fan they always show on TV. I saw that dude on the 400 level of FedEx one time just walking around. Yup, he looks more ignorant in person than he does on TV.

Posted by: [cc] | June 19, 2008 12:27 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: 4skinz | June 19, 2008 12:24 PM

They talk about it in that CBS thing. Zee was at an egirls game, and some drunk egirls fans attacked him in the parking lot, put him in the hospital, broken leg. We won the game

Posted by: Anonymous | June 19, 2008 12:29 PM | Report abuse

Question: Zee or the Hogetts?

Posted by: Alex35332 | June 19, 2008 12:31 PM | Report abuse

Readcoat u get my email rsvping about the Fantasy League?

Posted by: Alex35332 | June 19, 2008 12:33 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: | June 19, 2008 12:29 PM

B@$t@rd$!! Wait a minute, my grandmother is a Philly fan. She may have been there in 83. Hmm. Time to take a trip up to see grandma...

Posted by: 4skinz | June 19, 2008 12:35 PM | Report abuse

Hmmph... Where's the credit? I posted 'Help Chief Zee' about 2/3rds the way through the previous thread and at the time Zee was way behind. Again, as I said in the initial post, this is all silly... But 'yo while I'm not a regular poster don't steal my credit.

Posted by: Taxman | June 19, 2008 12:41 PM | Report abuse

Zee.

Posted by: Sto | June 19, 2008 12:46 PM | Report abuse

Hmmm, the Hogettes or Chief Zee? That's like asking which one of my kids I love the most.

I'll go with Chief Zee...and my daughter.

Posted by: etrod | June 19, 2008 12:49 PM | Report abuse

One's Opinion on the Hogetts:

"Not all mascots have to be made of fleece, some can actually have real skin and just wear a really elaborate costume. For one, I like them but, I am glad they chose Chief Zee and not the cross dressing Hogettes to represent the Redskins. The fleece fetish is one thing but cross dressing dudes representing the team, I don't think so."

Yeah, nowadays its not cool to dress up as an alleged native american, but something about grown men in dresses with pig noses makes me uneased.

Posted by: Anonymous | June 19, 2008 12:50 PM | Report abuse

test

Posted by: tester | June 19, 2008 12:51 PM | Report abuse

test

Posted by: tester | June 19, 2008 12:51 PM | Report abuse

test

Posted by: tester | June 19, 2008 12:51 PM | Report abuse

sure are a lot of geeks in here.

Posted by: BLJ | June 19, 2008 12:51 PM | Report abuse

I dunno. I have no problem with either. So long as you're having fun, who cares what you wear. I lean Hogetts because I knew about them longer, maybe an advantage of being part of Gen Y.

Posted by: Alex35332 | June 19, 2008 12:53 PM | Report abuse

Here's some overdue credit* to you for helping this very worthy, however silly and trivial, cause, Taxman!

Also, welcome!

-Nate in the PDX

* quick followup: are these credits taxed? Because I sure don't want to get into a situation like Greg did with those bonus points.

Posted by: Anonymous | June 19, 2008 12:54 PM | Report abuse

Any update on funding for my legal team?

Posted by: Greg | June 19, 2008 12:57 PM | Report abuse

Blog credits are pre-tax deductions, so I think you're safe Nate.

Posted by: redskirt | June 19, 2008 1:00 PM | Report abuse

Any update on funding for my legal team?

Posted by: Greg | June 19, 2008 12:57 PM

If you like I could ask Ralph to take a look at your case. Send a letter as a "legal advisor"

Posted by: Alex35332 | June 19, 2008 1:01 PM | Report abuse

BTW The reason that Buffalo's asscot has no opponent is that the Raiders and Jags started putting up stuff on all their blogs telling people to vote... How lame that they lost for that. You lost for driving people to our stupid site.

Posted by: Alex35332 | June 19, 2008 1:05 PM | Report abuse

Alex, please do. Prison Balls, my cell mate isn't much of a talker, and frankly the food stinks. Among other things.

Posted by: Greg | June 19, 2008 1:17 PM | Report abuse

Hey Alex, maybe I misunderstood your post, but reading through the threads under the mascot competition website it sounds like people were deleting their cookies and re-voting multiple times in absurdly high numbers. Spygate it isn't, but what else do people have to complain about in the offseason?

Posted by: redskirt | June 19, 2008 1:17 PM | Report abuse

Just for info. The Chief Zee vs. Iggles pigeon was well in the favor of the yardbird last night when I posted this on the previous thread. Since then the fight has swung well in to the side of Burgandy & Gold but is slowly slipping back to pukedelphia. If you haven't voted yet, please do:

I guess this is what passes for competition in the offseason. Oh well, so be it.

Go Zee Skins!

Posted by: scampbell1975 | June 19, 2008 1:20 PM | Report abuse

Red,
If thats the case then I misunderstood what happened. My bad.

Greg,
I will send a brief letter to him explaining your situation. An old trick I also learned from some tenant rights people was that you don't have to be a lawyer to call yourself a legal advisor in a letter.

Posted by: Alex35332 | June 19, 2008 1:30 PM | Report abuse

Where is Redcoat?

Posted by: Alex35332 | June 19, 2008 1:33 PM | Report abuse

Where is Redcoat?

Posted by: Alex35332 | June 19, 2008 1:33 PM

His alter ego showed up on the Chris larry page.

Posted by: Anonymous | June 19, 2008 1:38 PM | Report abuse

The Sarcasm thinks Chris Larry is incredibly cool.

The Sarcasm is very jealous of Chris Larry.

The Sarcasm understands why today was the highlight of Chris Larry's life.

Posted by: The Sarcasm | June 19, 2008 1:40 PM | Report abuse

Just read a "Roto-World" headline on MSNBC stating that Ahmad Bradshaw was jailed?

Anyone confirm?

Posted by: Greg | June 19, 2008 1:44 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: stumped | June 19, 2008 1:49 PM | Report abuse

Maybe Vick needed someone to run the D for the Virginia Correctional Facility football team against the guards in a few weeks.

Posted by: Alex35332 | June 19, 2008 1:54 PM | Report abuse

bite me sarcasm

Posted by: chris LArry | June 19, 2008 1:56 PM | Report abuse

Sorry he is a running back.

Posted by: Anonymous | June 19, 2008 1:57 PM | Report abuse

Sorry guys but I had to take a work-break.

Alex, redskirt, BCbarney, etrod I got your emails. If we assume that most (say 6) of the people who took part in the last RI fantasy league take part again we've already got enough (10) for a league.

I'll set up a league at ESPN that allows us to have up to 20 participants and send out an invite to you guys plus the people who took part last time.

Anyone else wanting to be in, just email me at usredcoat at gmail dot com.

P.S. If I email all, you'll probably see each other's email addresses, and therefore (horrors) each other's real names! If anyone has a problem with that just email me and I'll try to work something else out. I probably won't get to setting up before tomorrow anyway.

SMACK, JM, 4th, Kost, 4-12 (0.250), Zebra, are you guys in too? How about you Nate, Greg, Adam, t_e, and cL?

If we end up with more than 20 we'll do something scientific like 'one potato' to resolve it. :)

Posted by: Redcoat | June 19, 2008 2:02 PM | Report abuse

Congratulations on starting your '15 minutes' cL. Is it still 15 minutes, or in blog-world is it '15 clicks' or something?

Anyway, please say that you won't let your new fame change you.

Posted by: Redcoat | June 19, 2008 2:05 PM | Report abuse

RC, thanks for the invite, but I'm really not into fantasy sports.

When you send the email, just put everyone in the "BCC - Blind Carbon Copy" area, and no one will see anyone else's email.

Posted by: Greg | June 19, 2008 2:05 PM | Report abuse

I think many of us may have each others emails don't we?

Posted by: Alex35332 | June 19, 2008 2:08 PM | Report abuse

I am already in 2 leagues, but could be convinced to do a third...

Posted by: chris larry | June 19, 2008 2:09 PM | Report abuse

Actually on line it would be your 1111 minutes of fame.

Posted by: Alex35332 | June 19, 2008 2:10 PM | Report abuse

That was a binary joke.... sorry

Posted by: Alex35332 | June 19, 2008 2:11 PM | Report abuse

don't worry redcoat I am static....

Posted by: chris LArry | June 19, 2008 2:13 PM | Report abuse

I'm in for fantasy f-ball, Redcoat. Someone has to finish last!

Ping me if you need anybody's email address. Guessing a lot of the shabingus crew might be interested.

-Nate in the PDX

Posted by: Anonymous | June 19, 2008 2:14 PM | Report abuse

Shame Greg, it would have given me another reason to bombard you with yet more groundless pontificatinon on the merits of my Fins! :)

I know I could use BCC, but I'm really hoping that everyone comes back with "that doesn't bother me".

Right now there's plenty of room cL, so just let me know if you want to get soundly spanked in FFL 3/3 this year instead of just 2/2. :)

Posted by: Redcoat | June 19, 2008 2:14 PM | Report abuse

"I am playing in the British Open and I'm going to choke."

Posted by: phil mickelson | June 19, 2008 2:15 PM | Report abuse

I think I got it wrong earlier. To misquote the shamefully overrated Andy Warhol:

"In the blog-world everyone will be famous for fifteen comments."

Sadly, Steinbog already knows this is true!

Posted by: Redcoat | June 19, 2008 2:19 PM | Report abuse

Hey Nate/All, what about a blog sprint?

This thread is already somewhat self-referential/meta in nature anyway.

How about posting something like an 'ironic' Jeopardy question/answer format? For example,

"My unrivalled commitment to hard work and 'team-first attitude has made me a top-5 NFL receiver since the day I joined the league"

Posted under a name of "Who is Brandon Lloyd"

Posted by: Redcoat | June 19, 2008 2:28 PM | Report abuse

The Truth laughs at Chris Larry - ha ha ha!

Posted by: The Truth | June 19, 2008 2:28 PM | Report abuse

big, big, big, big, big, big, big, big, big, big, big, big, big, big, big, big, big, big, big, big, big, big, big, big, big, big, big, big, big, big, big, big...

nads

Posted by: Anonymous | June 19, 2008 2:28 PM | Report abuse

Truth droolz
post-modern relativism rulz

seriously dude your blow hard jag off

Posted by: chris LArry | June 19, 2008 2:31 PM | Report abuse

My fine-tuned ability to enter a blog and supply it with absolutely no humo(u)r knows no rival.

Posted by: Who is 'The Truth' | June 19, 2008 2:36 PM | Report abuse

"My humble demeanor and willingness to see the other person's point of view have made me a 'must read' commenter since the day I joined RI"

Posted by: Who is The Truth | June 19, 2008 2:36 PM | Report abuse

The most beloved owner in professional sports, I am also a renowned arborist.

Posted by: Who is Dan Snyder? | June 19, 2008 2:39 PM | Report abuse

The Truth has once again soiled his adult diaper, and The Truth is now calling for his mom to come down and change him.

The Truth popped another blow up doll last night. The Truth needs to stop wearing his sheriffs badge, when The Truth is on a 'date'.

Posted by: The Truth | June 19, 2008 2:41 PM | Report abuse

Redcoat, save room for the Choke Daddies. Can't pass up the opportunity for another humiliating collapse.

Posted by: SMACK | June 19, 2008 2:44 PM | Report abuse

"On any given down, if I don't get a carry, I don't play. Who, me block?"

(I think this would be more fun if someone else provides the Jeopardy style answer and then gives the blog faithful a new Jeopardy style clue)

Posted by: redskirt | June 19, 2008 2:44 PM | Report abuse

Billions of people wish it was my right foot washing up on Canadian shores.

Posted by: Who is Cristiano Ronaldo | June 19, 2008 2:47 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: SMACK | June 19, 2008 2:44 PM

I've gotta say, only Big Brown has you beat for that lately SMACK! Causation or correlation? You decide....

Posted by: Redcoat | June 19, 2008 2:49 PM | Report abuse

Would that be CP above 'skirt?

Posted by: Redcoat | June 19, 2008 2:50 PM | Report abuse

I'm going with, "Who is Randy Moss" for the question above.

I'd rather not play if the prize for answering the question is Bonus Points however.

Posted by: Greg | June 19, 2008 2:53 PM | Report abuse

My lifelong commitment to celibacy has helped me to devote all of my energies to being the best NFL running back of all time.

Posted by: Who is Travis Henry? | June 19, 2008 2:57 PM | Report abuse

Ha yes it is 'Coat. Doesn't seem like my version caught on though. Oh well :-)

Posted by: redskirt | June 19, 2008 2:58 PM | Report abuse

"My ability to single-handedly carry my team through the playoffs is unquestioned after my first two years as a starting quarterback."

Posted by: Who is Tony Romo? | June 19, 2008 2:59 PM | Report abuse

Greg,
Not sure if you saw my one comment over the last weekend. Have you tried converting your bonus points to Washington "Post Points"? Lots of cool stuff to redeem......

Posted by: dlhaze | June 19, 2008 2:59 PM | Report abuse

"I've never been known to miss a blocking assignment."

Posted by: Who is Jason Whitten? | June 19, 2008 3:00 PM | Report abuse

"My nickname in the locker room is 'Work Horse' because of my willingness to put my team on my back and get my job done. That's why they gave me a new contract."

Posted by: Who is Cedric Benson? | June 19, 2008 3:01 PM | Report abuse

"I am a staunch advocate and supporter of the anti-gun lobby, and women's issues."

Posted by: Who is Adam 'PacMan' Jones? | June 19, 2008 3:03 PM | Report abuse

Skirt,
Not to be too technical, but Coat's answer should be in the form of a question:

Who is CP?

By default, the bonus points go to Greg. Was that question for 200, 300, 400, or 500?

Sorry Coat (and Greg, dude, you're stuck with them)...

CP is a monster blocker. Maybe that wasn't the right answer. Maybe we should ask The Truth...naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh!

Posted by: The other Alex | June 19, 2008 3:04 PM | Report abuse

"I can't play through pain and am the biggest choke job artist on the PGA Tour."

Posted by: Who is Tiger Woods | June 19, 2008 3:04 PM | Report abuse

I am well-known as the man who lives his life by the phrase "say no to drugs".

Posted by: Who is Michael Irvin? | June 19, 2008 3:06 PM | Report abuse

Isn't this game a meta version of me?

Posted by: notguy | June 19, 2008 3:07 PM | Report abuse

Fair enough, pay the man, Alex (Trebek?). Sorry, Greg.

Ok I've got another one, this one's for 400.

"I don't think I should get special treatment just cuz my dad was a Famous NFL Quarterback (TM). I've had to work for everything I got, including suffering temporary blindness from the bleaching agent I use on my eyebrows."

Posted by: redskirt | June 19, 2008 3:08 PM | Report abuse

Oh, I get it.
It's the not-guy version.

Posted by: The other Alex | June 19, 2008 3:09 PM | Report abuse

I am the most popular man in America, and the world. I am a master military strategist who never would use his political power for revenge.

Posted by: Who is George Bush? | June 19, 2008 3:11 PM | Report abuse

Yes it is 'not', so get posting!!

Posted by: Redcoat | June 19, 2008 3:12 PM | Report abuse

Thats famous TITLES!

Posted by: Alex35332 | June 19, 2008 3:12 PM | Report abuse

Wait was not guy originally a spoof of the truth?

Posted by: Alex35332 | June 19, 2008 3:14 PM | Report abuse

While I was digging for soemthing else I found this great link, which actually does have a Redskins-related component when you read it!

Posted by: Redcoat | June 19, 2008 3:16 PM | Report abuse

Thats famous TITLES!

Posted by: Alex35332 | June 19, 2008 3:12 PM

Threve

Posted by: redskirt | June 19, 2008 3:16 PM | Report abuse

"I love to practice, and its important to me to be at EVERY practice my team has"

Posted by: Who is Allen Iverson | June 19, 2008 3:17 PM | Report abuse

* this is jibba jabba *

You know how sometimes a song comes shuffling along on the electronic media player device and just knocks your socks off? That just happened to me TWICE in a row.

Guided by Voices "Glad Girls"
Pixies "Head On"*

Just felt the need to share, which I know is a compulsion I should probably deal with sometime. Not today, though.

-Nate in the PDX

* yeah, I know this is a cover of an even more awesome song by Jesus & Mary Chain, who I hope to see in PDX on their upcoming tour! Hoo-wah!

Posted by: Anonymous | June 19, 2008 3:21 PM | Report abuse

"I'm well-known as the 'voice of reason' on RI, using my reputation for respectful but fair plain-speaking to bring peace to any conflict. And all this despite my strongly-held Liberal views!"

Posted by: Who is jjwilson312003/(new) Barno | June 19, 2008 3:29 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: redskirt | June 19, 2008 3:08 PM

Who is Chris Simms?

Posted by: scampbell1975 | June 19, 2008 3:33 PM | Report abuse

"My unparalleled success is based entirely on my ability to gain the hard yards, injured or not, regardless of the quality of my offensive line."

Posted by: Who is Shaun Alexander? | June 19, 2008 3:35 PM | Report abuse

"I'm world renowned for perfecting the art of the back tackle."

Posted by: scampbell1975 | June 19, 2008 3:36 PM | Report abuse

I don't suck as bad as my twin brother.

Posted by: who are Julius and Thomas Jones | June 19, 2008 3:37 PM | Report abuse

"If I can't tackle a guy fair and square, I'll let him go. I have no truck with foul play."

Posted by: Who is Roy Williams? | June 19, 2008 3:37 PM | Report abuse

Who is Chris Simms?

Posted by: scampbell1975 | June 19, 2008 3:33 PM

Ding ding!

Posted by: redskirt | June 19, 2008 3:38 PM | Report abuse

"The team comes first. Now. Always."

Posted by: Who is Tiki Barber? | June 19, 2008 3:38 PM | Report abuse

I guess I should have signed my last post as "Who is Deion Sanders?"

Posted by: scampbell1975 | June 19, 2008 3:39 PM | Report abuse

So now I find myself bouncing between two and sometimes three different WashPo blogs. On top of doing a fair amount of that four-letter-word that begins with W.

So I'm driving myself a little more batty than usual. And things have ratcheted up with Redcoat's sounding the alarm of a blog sprint. Which I will be happy to join a little later when I am properly beered.

This, this is the offseason, my friends. This is the stuff.

Doggone Crowd Noise!

Doggone meta!

Doggone internet!

-Nate in the PDX

Posted by: Anonymous | June 19, 2008 3:39 PM | Report abuse

"My convent school upbringing allows me to resist all the distractions of outside life and stay totally focused on being the best football player I can be."

Posted by: Who is Jeremy Shockey? | June 19, 2008 3:40 PM | Report abuse

"I am a soldier, the best tight end of all time, and a great motorcyclist."

Posted by: Who is Kellen Winslow Jr. | June 19, 2008 3:43 PM | Report abuse

On top of doing a fair amount of that four-letter-word that begins with W.

I'm going to need another hint on this one....

Posted by: Greg | June 19, 2008 3:43 PM | Report abuse

On top of doing a fair amount of that four-letter-word that begins with W.

I'm going to need another hint on this one....

Posted by: Greg | June 19, 2008 3:43 PM

something we should all be doing right now

Posted by: scampbell1975 | June 19, 2008 3:45 PM | Report abuse

something we should all be doing right now

Posted by: scampbell1975 | June 19, 2008 3:45 PM

wank?
wipe?

Posted by: Anonymous | June 19, 2008 3:46 PM | Report abuse

wank?
wipe?

Posted by: | June 19, 2008 3:46 PM

Funny

Posted by: scampbell1975 | June 19, 2008 3:48 PM | Report abuse

you geeks sure are easily amused

Posted by: Anonymous | June 19, 2008 3:48 PM | Report abuse

"I'm not gay, I swear I really do like Jessica, she's got a beautiful mind."

Posted by: Who is Tony Romo | June 19, 2008 3:50 PM | Report abuse

"If someone messes up I'm always cool with that. I mean, like it could be me one day, couldn't it?"

Posted by: Who is Tom Brady? | June 19, 2008 3:50 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Who is Tom Brady? | June 19, 2008 3:50 PM

Or it could be "My chin does not look like I have an ass growing out of my face."

Posted by: scampbell1975 | June 19, 2008 3:52 PM | Report abuse

"The realtive importance of effective communication and an understanding of the histogeographical significance of map-reading, both in the US and abroad, transcends that of mere appearance. Uhh, such as."

Posted by: Who is Ms. Teen South Carolina? | June 19, 2008 3:55 PM | Report abuse

I go from team to team because I am in such high demand. I am good in the secondary, excel at coverage and rarely miss tackles. My jersey number is not a nickname for a type of alcohol.
Who am I?

Posted by: Alex35332 | June 19, 2008 3:57 PM | Report abuse

No seriously, who is he?

Posted by: Who is not guy | June 19, 2008 3:59 PM | Report abuse

"My sensitive rendition of the 'Star Strangled Banner' brought a tear to the eye of all who heard it."

Posted by: Who is Roseanne Barr? | June 19, 2008 4:02 PM | Report abuse

No seriously, who is he?

Posted by: Who is not guy | June 19, 2008 3:59 PM

Accusations are lobbed as often as denials.

Posted by: I don't know | June 19, 2008 4:04 PM | Report abuse

"My political rise is solely based upon my searing intellect."

Posted by: Who is John McCain? | June 19, 2008 4:05 PM | Report abuse

"My eye hurts."

Posted by: Who is Javon Walker | June 19, 2008 4:06 PM | Report abuse

"I love America, I really do. My wife does as well"

Posted by: Barack Obama | June 19, 2008 4:07 PM | Report abuse

"I believe that brevity is the soul of wit."

Posted by: Who is Redcoat? | June 19, 2008 4:07 PM | Report abuse

"I know the names of all my kids, I spend time with them, and I love every one of them. I'm a good dad"

Posted by: Who is Travis Henry | June 19, 2008 4:08 PM | Report abuse

I wear the pants around here.

Posted by: Who is Kurt Warner | June 19, 2008 4:09 PM | Report abuse

I did not have sexual relations with that woman. Miss Lewinski.

Posted by: Bill Clinton | June 19, 2008 4:10 PM | Report abuse

Sorry Alex, was that "Adam Arnchalater"?

Posted by: Redcoat | June 19, 2008 4:10 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Redcoat | June 19, 2008 4:10 PM

Ding ding ding.

Posted by: Alex35332 | June 19, 2008 4:11 PM | Report abuse

Let's try to stay at least vaguely sports-related if we can guys!!

Posted by: Redcoat | June 19, 2008 4:12 PM | Report abuse

No seriously, who is he?

Posted by: Who is not guy | June 19, 2008 3:59 PM

Accusations are lobbed as often as denials.

Posted by: I don't know | June 19, 2008 4:04 PM

We say Redcoat; he says no.

Posted by: RI Consensus | June 19, 2008 4:12 PM | Report abuse

I think its JLC or The Cindy

Posted by: Alex35332 | June 19, 2008 4:13 PM | Report abuse

I still say no. There you go, one denial for every accusation.

Posted by: Redcoat | June 19, 2008 4:13 PM | Report abuse

"I could never put my needs before the needs of the team, it goes against everything I stand for."

Posted by: Who is Kobe Bryant? | June 19, 2008 4:14 PM | Report abuse

"I could never live with myself if I'd ever even considered doping to break records."

Posted by: Who is Mark McGwire | June 19, 2008 4:16 PM | Report abuse

NO WAY is Jasno 'not guy'. Not unless he gets someone else to type it for him!!

Posted by: Redcoat | June 19, 2008 4:17 PM | Report abuse

"My reputation as 'the NFL's leading punter' is all down to two things: great technique, and a strong leg."

Posted by: Who is Derek Forst? | June 19, 2008 4:20 PM | Report abuse

wank?
wipe?

Posted by: | June 19, 2008 3:46 PM

Funny

Posted by: scampbell1975 | June 19, 2008 3:48 PM

Weed. It is about that time.

Posted by: Anonymous | June 19, 2008 4:20 PM | Report abuse

I am a completely independent thinker and never listen the hearsay and rumors on Fox-News, CNN or MSNBC, much less any political blogs without a complete and thorough personal analysis of the information to make sure I comprehend what the political motivation for all the information put forth and validate its accuracy.

Posted by: Who is New Barno? | June 19, 2008 4:20 PM | Report abuse

Spitting is such a dirty habbit

Posted by: Bill Romanoski | June 19, 2008 4:21 PM | Report abuse

"We want Dallas!"

Posted by: Who is SMACK? | June 19, 2008 4:22 PM | Report abuse

"I don't hold with all these chest-bumping and head-butting celebrations, they're so unneccesary."

Posted by: Who is Gus Frerotte? | June 19, 2008 4:24 PM | Report abuse

"Sex just before a game? Never on my watch."

Posted by: Who is Joe T. Heismann? | June 19, 2008 4:25 PM | Report abuse

Gambling is for losers

Posted by: Pete Rose | June 19, 2008 4:25 PM | Report abuse

I am not high.

Posted by: Ricky Williams | June 19, 2008 4:25 PM | Report abuse

"Renowned around the NFL for never allowing any external distractions to interrupt his preparations, this man once said 'for me, it's about the game and only about the game'."

Posted by: Who is Jason Taylor? | June 19, 2008 4:28 PM | Report abuse

I believe that I am never right about anything. I smell bad and cant get a date.
Who am I?

Posted by: Alex35332 | June 19, 2008 4:28 PM | Report abuse

"If I am known for one thing, it's that I will always see the other man's point of view."

Posted by: Who is Bill Parcells? | June 19, 2008 4:29 PM | Report abuse

I am a great GM and Coach

Posted by: Mike Shanahan | June 19, 2008 4:29 PM | Report abuse

Most the fans don't know who I am, because in practices I never do strange things that draw the attention of reporters. I enjoy wearing long knickers.

Posted by: Chris Cooley | June 19, 2008 4:30 PM | Report abuse

I own two alarm clocks that don't work

Posted by: Who is Fred Davis | June 19, 2008 4:32 PM | Report abuse

I am a offensive Guru and will probably break all kinds of records in Baltimore just like when I was in Minnesota

Posted by: Brian Billick | June 19, 2008 4:32 PM | Report abuse

"Anyone who knows me knows I'd rather lose the game 52-7 than cheat."

Posted by: Who is Bill Belichick? | June 19, 2008 4:32 PM | Report abuse

I get lots of sex anytime I want it

Posted by: Who is Michael Vick's roomie | June 19, 2008 4:33 PM | Report abuse

What, I know how to fight

Posted by: Javon Walker | June 19, 2008 4:33 PM | Report abuse

"This man's greatest strength is his ability to maintain a calm disposition in even the most stressful of situations."

Posted by: Who is Denny Green? | June 19, 2008 4:34 PM | Report abuse

I never pay for sex

Posted by: Andre Blatche | June 19, 2008 4:34 PM | Report abuse

I hate going to Eagles games

Posted by: Who is Santa Claus? | June 19, 2008 4:35 PM | Report abuse

All this just got me thinking of this family guy clip:

Posted by: Alex35332 | June 19, 2008 4:36 PM | Report abuse

I cant bring drugs in the airport?

Posted by: Damon Stoudamire | June 19, 2008 4:36 PM | Report abuse

"I prefer the high road of strict fair play. Not for me the 'look at me' or 'sucker-punching' low-road alternatives."

Posted by: Who is Michael Westbrook? | June 19, 2008 4:38 PM | Report abuse

I have pictures of the owner going at it with a donkey

Posted by: Who is Matt Millen? | June 19, 2008 4:41 PM | Report abuse

"My stance is well-known. The NFL should have a '3 strikes and retire' rule for concussions."

Posted by: Who is Zach Thomas? | June 19, 2008 4:44 PM | Report abuse

We realize that everything that goes on with this team. Good or Bad. Is our personal responsibility. And we will never throw anyone, like Jim Zorn, under the bus if this team does not have a successful season. We get along well with the reporters from the post and we never get upset with their reporting because we recognize they are doing there job. We would never send our lawyers after a reporter because we value free speech. We also agree that Larry Michael is a poor sports personality.

Posted by: Vinny and Dan | June 19, 2008 4:46 PM | Report abuse

---My stance is well-known.---

So is mine. So is mine.

Posted by: Sen. Larry Craig | June 19, 2008 4:47 PM | Report abuse

"When I make my mind up you can take it to the bank. I can't stand these 'will he, won't he' guys, just retire already! I mean, it's not like I'm just coming back to break a few records, is it?"

Posted by: Who is Brett Favre? | June 19, 2008 4:48 PM | Report abuse

---My stance is well-known.---

So is mine. So is mine.

Posted by: Sen. Larry Craig | June 19, 2008 4:47 PM

Correction: my stance is 'widely' known.

Posted by: Sen. Larry Craig | June 19, 2008 4:50 PM | Report abuse

"I mean, what's up with these bandwagon types. Don't they have any ethics at all?"

Posted by: Who is Tony Kornheiser? | June 19, 2008 4:51 PM | Report abuse

"The Good Lord didn't bless me with much in the looks department, but I'd rather stay as I am than go under the knife. Have you seen those face-life people? They're really scary-looking!"

Posted by: Who is Jerry Jones? | June 19, 2008 4:54 PM | Report abuse

Hold up. Some of you geeks traveled to meet up with other geeks from RI and go to a nats game? Is this a joke or am I in the twilight zone?

Posted by: SaU | June 19, 2008 4:55 PM | Report abuse

"I've always tried to stay out of the spotlight. Too many people cash-in on their fame and end up over-exposed. I'm never going to let that happen to me."

Posted by: Who is Peyton Manning? | June 19, 2008 4:56 PM | Report abuse

I think we should all switch to short shorts. I like the tightness of the short shorts. I think I look good in the short shorts.

Posted by: Who is Chris Cooley | June 19, 2008 4:56 PM | Report abuse

It's true SaU. Unlike you we're all allowed out without Mom.

Posted by: Geek | June 19, 2008 4:57 PM | Report abuse

I'm still the fasted Lb in/out of the league. I crushed Troy Aikman, caused him to retire....

Posted by: Who is Lavar Arrington | June 19, 2008 4:58 PM | Report abuse

I'm tired of writing for the newspaper, I think I'll start my own record label company

Posted by: Who is Jason LaConfora | June 19, 2008 5:00 PM | Report abuse

One of the Redskins most versatile runners of all time. He could beat you with speed, he could run over opponents, and maybe the best runner for reading and setting up blocks. His knee gave out to early in his career and he had a hard time hearing, so said Lombardi

Posted by: Who is Larry Brown#43 | June 19, 2008 5:03 PM | Report abuse

"The viewer relies on me to call plays clearly and accurately. I've built my entire reputation on my ability to do just that."

Posted by: Who is Gryant Bumbel? | June 19, 2008 5:04 PM | Report abuse

"A hard-running back who built his long career on an impeccable work ethic married to a supremely elusive running style."

Posted by: Who is Trung Canidate? | June 19, 2008 5:06 PM | Report abuse

"The job of the color commentarist is not an easy one. Only those with the most perspicacious grasp of the technical minutiae of the game can truly bolster the zeitgeist of the gridiron. The NFL is a heady amalgam of the hedonistic pursuit of physical excellence, and the schadenfreude of the 'watched failure' that can sometime culminate in a moment of almost sublime existential horror. I hope my humble musings can convey that to the average fan."

Posted by: Who is Emmett Smith? | June 19, 2008 5:13 PM | Report abuse

I value defense, a strong running game, and long days in the office

Posted by: steve spurrier | June 19, 2008 5:14 PM | Report abuse

"I live by 'what doesn't kill you only makes you stronger'. My time under Steve Spurrier is what made me the accurate starting quarterback I am today."

Posted by: Who is Patrick Ramsey? | June 19, 2008 5:16 PM | Report abuse

I'm outta here guys, see you tomorrow.

I'm sure my 'tell' (as Sween says) is all over my ones here!

Posted by: Redcoat | June 19, 2008 5:17 PM | Report abuse

I would never stay past my prime in order to break a record

Posted by: emmit smith | June 19, 2008 5:18 PM | Report abuse

Say your prayers and eat your vitamins, that's how I got my muscles

Posted by: Hulk Hogan | June 19, 2008 5:22 PM | Report abuse

11,431 Zee
8,278 swoop

Keep on voting.

Posted by: Alex35332 | June 19, 2008 6:05 PM | Report abuse

199,199rdthst!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: Anonymous | June 19, 2008 6:20 PM | Report abuse

199,200

Posted by: Alex35332 | June 19, 2008 6:28 PM | Report abuse

1st?!

Posted by: Anonymous | June 19, 2008 6:33 PM | Report abuse

"I might don't have no championship but I throw the bomb ass parties...HIBACHI!!!!"

Posted by: gilbert arenas | June 19, 2008 8:41 PM | Report abuse

"The ball hit the ground"

Posted by: franco harris | June 19, 2008 8:42 PM | Report abuse

"I could have won three more championships with those scrubs Kobe...you ain't me....you ain't never gonna be me."

Posted by: michael jordan | June 19, 2008 8:47 PM | Report abuse

Give me Jordan over Kobe any day.

Posted by: Alex35332 | June 19, 2008 9:20 PM | Report abuse

I must admit Kobe ran the better back door offense.

Posted by: Who is the Maid | June 19, 2008 9:31 PM | Report abuse

"The ball hit the ground"

Posted by: What is Rabach's grievance of the day? | June 19, 2008 9:33 PM | Report abuse

Redskins Open Training Camp July 20

POSTED: 6:07 pm EDT June 19, 2008

ASHBURN, Va. -- Washington Redskins fans will have to be early risers to watch new coach Jim Zorn in action at training camp.

The Redskins announced Thursday that camp will open July 20, and all but one of the sessions open to the public will start at 8:30 a.m.

A total of nine practices will be open: one each day from July 20-28. The only chance for fans to watch the team in the afternoon will be July 26, when the team holds an intrasquad scrimmage.

For the sixth consecutive year, camp will be held at the team's own facility, Redskins Park. The Redskins haven't gone out of town for camp since 2002, when they trained in Carlisle, Pa., under coach Steve Spurrier.

Camp is also starting early on the calendar, a week ahead of usual because of the Redskins' extra preseason game. Washington will play Indianapolis in the Hall of Fame game on Aug. 3.

Posted by: Curzon417 | June 20, 2008 12:11 AM | Report abuse

The Truth sees no evil, hears no evil, and speaks no evil.

Posted by: The Truth | June 20, 2008 8:29 AM | Report abuse

Given the sweltering afternoon heat in Ashburn, when I was in the neighborhood and could spectate at the open practices I preferred the morning sessions.

8:30 doesn't really seem that early a start time, though, does it? Seems like you could go watch practice and still get in a full day of that four-letter-word that begins with W and isn't wank, wipe, or weed.

-Nate in the PDX

Posted by: Anonymous | June 20, 2008 8:36 AM | Report abuse

You mean golf, right?

Posted by: cload & daggar | June 20, 2008 9:04 AM | Report abuse

That would be wolf, to you C&D

Posted by: rando | June 20, 2008 9:11 AM | Report abuse

For whosoever be:

Freedom from deceit or falseness.

Veracity.

Correspondence with fact.

Accurately depicting what is described.

Quality of authenticity.

Explaination of happenings as expected.

To live in a basement, moldy or whatnot.

To constantly have your mother feed you.

To be dependant on your family for support.

To not-have ability to bm properly.

Live in a constant environment of human feces.
To have the

Posted by: For I am "The Truth" | June 20, 2008 9:20 AM | Report abuse

I just sent out an invitation to the 2008 Redskins Insider Fantasy League to those who expressed interest.

We'll give everyone a day or two to get themselves registered and if there are any open slots after that I'll let people know 'up here'.

Good luck to all!!

Posted by: Redcoat | June 20, 2008 10:03 AM | Report abuse

woo hoo! ready to kick your butts with my Fantasy Football team!!

Posted by: suzannepdc | June 20, 2008 10:45 AM | Report abuse

That won't be difficult, I get my butt kicked every year at fantasy!!

Posted by: Redcoat | June 20, 2008 11:04 AM | Report abuse

That would be wolf, to you C&D

Posted by: rando | June 20, 2008 9:11 AM

That would explain the hitch in my backswing... definitely rushing things to avoid being eaten.

Posted by: cload & daggar | June 20, 2008 11:09 AM | Report abuse

Cload, I emailed you an invite to teh RI fantasy league. Don't know if you partake of that but thought I'd ask.

Posted by: Redcoat | June 20, 2008 11:10 AM | Report abuse

With the #1 overall pick in the Redskins Inside Fantasy Football Draft, The Truth selects Micheal Vick.

Posted by: The Truth | June 20, 2008 11:11 AM | Report abuse

Gonna be 113 out here today. But it's a dry heat.

Posted by: LA Corkczar | June 20, 2008 11:45 AM | Report abuse

I am just curious to see if SMACK is like the dumba$$ in my league last season who only picked Cowboys on his team. Needless to say, he lost during the bye week.

Posted by: suzannepdc | June 20, 2008 11:47 AM | Report abuse

Not that I think that SMACK is a dumba$$ - expect that he's a Dallas fan! :)

Posted by: suzannepdc | June 20, 2008 11:51 AM | Report abuse

Just got registered. I've never done a live draft before so I fully expect to be eaten alive by all of you fantasy Polians and Bethards out there.

Posted by: etrod | June 20, 2008 11:52 AM | Report abuse

Well, etrod, with a (potential) 20 team league, odds are most of us will get eaten alive. The pickings of superstars will be slim, so it's a good idea to read up on those mid grade players you'd normally take in later rounds.

Posted by: redskirt | June 20, 2008 12:00 PM | Report abuse

I can assure you Smack is a formidable fantasy opponent (???).

Posted by: stumped | June 20, 2008 12:06 PM | Report abuse

SMACK didn't pick many Cowgrrls last year. Last year in the RI league, he went virtually unbeaten all the way through the regular season, then started faltering in the playoffs and Kost sneaked by him in the Super Bowl. It was fun to see!

Then in the EPL league Kost ran SMACK was running away with it for about 95% of the season and ended up 3rd.

Anyone who saw him cheering on 'Big Brown' at the Shabingus or Arsenal in the EPL (led for a long-time, fell away at the end) will see a pattern emerging....

Maybe that's why he's a "flatter in 2006 and 2007 only to deceive" Grrls fan!!

Posted by: Redcoat | June 20, 2008 12:08 PM | Report abuse

Did you see your invite Stumped? I sent it to your comcast email address. Is that still right?

Posted by: Redcoat | June 20, 2008 12:10 PM | Report abuse

Redcoat, you shouldn't drink in the morning. I had Marion Barber 3 and Terrell Owens, plus for good measure I had Dallas Clark.

I finished second in the EPL, you middle-packer!

Posted by: SMACK | June 20, 2008 12:13 PM | Report abuse

SMACK, 3 out of 16 isn't 'many' is it?

Sorry about the EPL misspeak, I couldn't see clearly for the tears of laughter in my eyes when you started dropping....

I invited you to 3peat your 'peaked too soon' performance in this year's RI league!!

Posted by: Redcoat | June 20, 2008 12:22 PM | Report abuse

Oh, especially as this particular 'middle-packer' beat you in our second EPL face-off I think?

Posted by: Redcoat | June 20, 2008 12:23 PM | Report abuse

I finished second in the EPL, you middle-packer!

Posted by: SMACK | June 20, 2008 12:13 PM

But no Tony Romo? :)

Posted by: suzannepdc | June 20, 2008 12:24 PM | Report abuse

SMACK doesn't rate Romo at all.

Posted by: Redcoat | June 20, 2008 12:25 PM | Report abuse

Ummmm...beep beep

Posted by: John D in Houston | June 20, 2008 12:33 PM | Report abuse

With 35272 total votes to date Zee in the lead 54%-46%. Keep voting till july 1

Posted by: Alex35332 | June 21, 2008 5:49 PM | Report abuse

Zee is now in the NFC finals, but is losing to the Viking.

Keep voting for Zee!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: Anonymous | June 30, 2008 1:32 PM | Report abuse

Jasno we need another post about the new updated nfc championship! its closer than it should be

Posted by: Mondo | July 1, 2008 8:44 AM | Report abuse

Do you want to find a online friend to talk about sports? I am the right girl you are looking for, you can reach me at a single club called---- ++++ UKinterracialmatch . c o m +++++ ---- there are so many black & white singles there.

Posted by: alice | July 1, 2008 10:22 PM | Report abuse