Here Are The Official Cuts

Redskins down to 53, with the most notable moves the release of Derrick Frost, and, to some extent, Todd Wade and Marcus Mason:

Matthias Askew, DT
Anthony Mix, WR
Matteral Richardson, CB
Danny Verdun-Wheeler, LB
Todd Wade, T
Tavares Washington, T
Byron Westbrook, CB

The lesser-known players to make the team: LB Albert Fincher, S Justin Hamilton, DE Rob Jackson and C Justin Geisinger.

The Skins have not placed rookie WR Malcolm Kelly on an injured list, which explains the McMullen cut. Sounded like Zorn sure wanted McMullen on his team, but we're talking about a low level free agent versus a second-round pick (albeit one who could not get on the field at all).

So the Skins enter the season with 5 WRs, with Zorn unable to count on anyone beyond the three starters (I'm saying three because of all the three-wide sets they run). He has said repeatedly how little he feels he can use Devin Thomas and Kelly early on, yet he wants to spread the field a lot. Should be interesting.

Despite many of their draft class members looking pretty poor in the preseason, the Skins keep all 10 picks, I thought Frost beat out Brooks. And no one will ever convince me that Justin Tryon had a better camp than Matteral Richardson. It wasn't even close. But Tryon was a fourth-round pick and the first defensive player they chose in April, and well, you can never convince me that's purely a football move. For Richardson's sake I hope he gets picked up someplace else, because he was at worst the fifth best corner in this camp,and maybe the fourth

Also, once/if Jason Taylor and Erasmus James get healthy I will be very interested to see who remains between Chris Wilson and Rob Jackson, both speed rushers clinging for a final roster spot.

If Marcus Mason generates interest on anyone else's practice squad I imagine he will sign there.

By Jason La Canfora  |  August 30, 2008; 4:20 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Three Cuts Now Confirmed
Next: Frost Unhappy With Decision, But Moving On (First Stop - Seattle)

Comments

First?

Posted by: TDawg | August 30, 2008 4:22 PM | Report abuse

He got that list from PFT like 5 mins ago!

Posted by: Keep up the hard work Jasno | August 30, 2008 4:22 PM | Report abuse

you suck slow boy

Posted by: Anonymous | August 30, 2008 4:22 PM | Report abuse

1st...kelly on ir or what

Posted by: bdmntrs | August 30, 2008 4:22 PM | Report abuse

little better on speed but did get it out

Posted by: Anonymous | August 30, 2008 4:22 PM | Report abuse

Wow... McMullen and Mix gone? Can't believe they kept that garbage Tryon around, but glad to see Jackson, Hamilton, and Moore all made the team. And yay for Chris Wilson.

Posted by: TDawg | August 30, 2008 4:23 PM | Report abuse

we could have copy and paste from redskins.com too

Posted by: Anonymous | August 30, 2008 4:23 PM | Report abuse

What am I missing? I'm counting 51

3 qbs
3 rbs
5 wrs
3 tes
9 ol
10 dl
6 lbs
9 dbs
3 st

Posted by: TWISI | August 30, 2008 4:23 PM

Posted by: TWISI | August 30, 2008 4:24 PM | Report abuse

It's been on the redskins official website over almost 10 minutes now. Way to go bud. Still bitter about Frost...I'm not sure why

Posted by: footy_29 | August 30, 2008 4:25 PM | Report abuse

Predictions for the practice squad, RI Nation?

Here's mine:
Crummey
Westbrook
Richardson
Mix
Mann
Washington
Mason (if he clears waivers)
Boschetti

Posted by: TDawg | August 30, 2008 4:25 PM | Report abuse

I DON'T SEE HOW IT COULD POSSIBLY MAKE SENSE TO CUT MASON..

Posted by: ANONYMOUS | August 30, 2008 4:25 PM | Report abuse

quick poll, do most of you enjoy talking skins or bashing jason more???

Me I like to talk skins....like that some young O/D line guys made it. Of the draft picks I would have booted Tyron..

I think we may see a move with Kelly still, or signing a vet WR or LB from cuts.

Posted by: chrIS lArry | August 30, 2008 4:26 PM | Report abuse

MASON CUT DIDNT HAVE TO HAPPEN, THE JETS OFFERED A 4 ROUND PICK FOR BETS AT THE DRAFT. ITS A SHAME

Posted by: JASON | August 30, 2008 4:26 PM | Report abuse

To see the official cuts of all teams, use the Sports Teams page at http://NewspaperGateway.com

Posted by: NFLGuy | August 30, 2008 4:26 PM | Report abuse

They cut Mason, the next Varry Sanders...0-16 at best!

Posted by: moron club | August 30, 2008 4:27 PM | Report abuse

i'm with you on tryon the guy has no skills. he going againist other teams junk recievers and was beaten every play they throw to his side and he still made it? I' m going to take out my cleats wipe the dust and start back peddling cause I'm sure I can make the team. All I have to do is make sure any and all reciever catch it and by that way it's looks like I'm always around the ball

Posted by: Anonymous | August 30, 2008 4:27 PM | Report abuse

TWISI--Aren't there 4 te's?

Posted by: talent evaluator | August 30, 2008 4:27 PM | Report abuse

Get over it with Mason... He would not have one carry during the season anyways... I would have kept Wade... What are we going to do if we lose Samuels and Jansen during the season.... scary.... I hope all those young safeties and Defensive Ends they kept are around in a couple of years and that they didnt just keep them because Vinny Boy drafted them. F... McBush....

Posted by: Obama is Da Man!!! | August 30, 2008 4:29 PM | Report abuse

Predictions for the practice squad, RI Nation?

Here's mine:
Crummey
Westbrook
Richardson
Mix
Mann
Washington
Mason (if he clears waivers)
Boschetti

Posted by: TDawg | August 30, 2008 4:25 PM

like this list, Don't think Boscetti can be on the practice squad because of years in the league, I'd think Devin Clarke for the last spot

Posted by: Anonymous | August 30, 2008 4:29 PM | Report abuse

How much does Snyder pay you ES guys to come here and post negative comments about Jasno--in addition to your salary picking up trash at Six Flags?

Posted by: Not Anonymous | August 30, 2008 4:29 PM | Report abuse

TWISI--Aren't there 4 te's?

Posted by: talent evaluator | August 30, 2008 4:27 PM

No, there aren't. Just three.

Posted by: talent evaluator | August 30, 2008 4:30 PM | Report abuse

Forth string RBs are a dime a dozen. Mason had problems is pass protection, I think that did him in.

Posted by: Anonymous | August 30, 2008 4:30 PM | Report abuse

tiwisi, you are forgetting Sellars

Posted by: Anonymous | August 30, 2008 4:30 PM | Report abuse

So all 10 players they drafted made the team. Wonder how many teams can say that.

Posted by: J | August 30, 2008 4:30 PM | Report abuse

Betts is worth WAYYYYY more than a 4RD pick. Skins were correct to tell Jets to FO.

I cant wait until Brooks invariably gets off a poor pick or we flub a hold on a kick.

Wont hear the end of it...

Fearless Prediction: JLCs post cut review piece will RIP the team for keeping all the draft picks.

Posted by: SkinsfaninManila | August 30, 2008 4:31 PM | Report abuse

Did not expect the following cuts:

Nehemiah Broughton, FB (who's backup FB)
Andrew Crummey, G (thought he played okay and love young linemen)
Marcus Mason, RB (thought he would stay for a year)
Billy McMullen, WR
Anthony Mix, WR (Expected that we would keep one of the two WRs)
Todd Wade, T (they really like Heyer I guess)
Byron Westbrook, CB (I though that he was a better CB than Tryon)

Posted by: Alex35332 | August 30, 2008 4:31 PM | Report abuse

TWISI--Aren't there 4 te's?

Posted by: talent evaluator | August 30, 2008 4:27 PM

Is Goode still with the team?

Posted by: TWISI | August 30, 2008 4:31 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Anonymous | August 30, 2008 4:29 PM

Yeah, wasn't sure about Bos for the same reason, but def Clarke for that last spot. I liked him a lot this preseason.

Posted by: TDawg | August 30, 2008 4:32 PM | Report abuse

"Nehemiah Broughton, FB (who's backup FB)"

Your suprised by this???? If we need him he will be available....

Posted by: chrIS lArry | August 30, 2008 4:33 PM | Report abuse

They cut Goode last week for injuries i think

Posted by: alex35332 | August 30, 2008 4:33 PM | Report abuse

I think the skins will pick up a vet LB or CB

Posted by: TWISI | August 30, 2008 4:33 PM | Report abuse

Wow Jason Campbell wasn't cut?

Posted by: Duh! | August 30, 2008 4:33 PM | Report abuse

The post by Obama is Da Man!!! | August 30, 2008 4:29 PM contains a personal attack which is inappropriate. I hope that you will remove this entry and block the user from posting. It appears to have been done by someone of diversity and tolerance.

Posted by: zourneidentity | August 30, 2008 4:34 PM | Report abuse

What are we going to do if we lose Samuels and Jansen during the season....

Posted by: Obama is Da Man!!! | August 30, 2008 4:29 PM

We're going to call Wade's agent. Guy's not getting picked up anyplace else. Just gotta hope he gets into shape and stays there.

Posted by: talent evaluator | August 30, 2008 4:34 PM | Report abuse

tiwisi, you are forgetting Sellars

Posted by: Anonymous | August 30, 2008 4:30 PM

Thanks that's 52

Posted by: TWISI | August 30, 2008 4:35 PM | Report abuse

I love having 9 D-Lineman.....

I have to agree on tyron....def would have kept Hot Wheels over him.....

I think if you view the draft as good, and you got value with some late picks/UDFA why not admit the 4th pick cant play and jesttison his azz....

Posted by: chrIS lArry | August 30, 2008 4:36 PM | Report abuse

Thanks that's 52

Posted by: TWISI | August 30, 2008 4:35 PM

And Ethan Albright. 53.

Posted by: TDawg | August 30, 2008 4:36 PM | Report abuse

Jasno thinking Frost beat out Brooks, that proves to me he knows nothing about football. Frost Average is better then Brooks but Brooks net average the only stat that matters is 2yrds better then Frost's. Brooks is a fine holder did it for 4 years in college. The kick Suisham missed was not Brooks's fault, and if we are going to blame him for that miss,I guess we have to blame Frost for all the other Suisham misses in the last couple of years.

Posted by: kmdp4 | August 30, 2008 4:36 PM | Report abuse

WHAT'S HIS NAME ?

Posted by: WHITESAFETY | August 30, 2008 4:37 PM | Report abuse

Racist/ White Safety/ Not True Skins fan:

Reed Doughty.

Posted by: TDawg | August 30, 2008 4:38 PM | Report abuse

Vinny kept all the draft picks because he wants to be able to say he drafted well... I would have kept Wade as an experienced Tackle.

Posted by: Obama is Da Man!!! | August 30, 2008 4:38 PM | Report abuse

QB - Cambell,Collins,Colt (3)
RB - Portis, Betts, Rock (3)
FB - Sellers (1)
TE - Cooley, Yoder, Davis (3)
WR - Moss, Randle El, Thrash, Kelly, Thomas (5)
O LINE - Samuels, Kendell, Rabach, Thomas, Jansen, Heyer, Rinehart, Fabini, Geisinger (9)
DE - Taylor, Carter, James, Evans, Wilson, Jackson (6)
DT - Griffin, Montgomery, Golston, Alexander (4)
LB - McIntosh, Fletcher, Washington, Campbell, Blades, Fincher (6)
CB - Springs, Rogers, Smoot, Torrence, Tryon (5)
S - Landry, Doughty, Horton, Moore (4)
K - Suisham
P - Brooks
LS -Albright

Thats 52 who am I missing?

Posted by: Patrick | August 30, 2008 4:38 PM | Report abuse

I was just sitting here thinking how many young men have seen their dreams come to a disappointing end today. I'm not talking about Rudi Johnson who has had a nice career or even Marcus Mason who still has a lot of opportunity to make an NFL roster this year or next.

I'm talking about the guys who were 5th or 6th round picks who weren't quite fast enough or big enough to cut it. For many of these guys they were the best athletes in their pony league or high school teams and probably went to colleges on scholarships. Hopefully they went to class.

I raise my glass to those guys!

Posted by: isnadd | August 30, 2008 4:38 PM | Report abuse

gag me zourneidentity...gag me...

Posted by: oh please | August 30, 2008 4:39 PM | Report abuse

What are we going to do if we lose Samuels and Jansen during the season....

Posted by: Obama is Da Man!!! | August 30, 2008 4:29 PM

Heyer is better then Jansen now so not worried about Janson being hurt. Wade is not that good if Samuels goes down you either use one of the young guys or you find someone other then Wade.

Posted by: kmdp4 | August 30, 2008 4:39 PM | Report abuse

30 mind late? Never mind. Took that long to try and bash the front office. Sorry. Wonder why they don't hire you as the gm? That's right I'm too short and have no idea what I'm talking about!

Posted by: Napelon | August 30, 2008 4:40 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Obama is Da Man!!! | August 30, 2008 4:38 PM

Who's always injured. They kept an extra DE because of Taylor's injury. From TWISI posts, he's already accounted for 3 special team players, I think punter, kicker, snnapper

Posted by: Anonymous | August 30, 2008 4:40 PM | Report abuse

Just because the cuts are in, that doesn't mean the roster is set. Look for us to keep a sharp eye on the Seahawks list -- among others.

Cudos for cutting Wade, Shankman and Westbrook (better make sure turns in his playbook).

My only questionable calls are keeping Tryon (what???) in favor of Richardson and going with 5 WRs when 1 should be IR'd.

Nice that we now value our picks, but the best player should always win out.

Posted by: Bryan | August 30, 2008 4:40 PM | Report abuse

REED SHOULD HAVE WENT, MAYBE WORKED IN THE FRONT OFFICE. THE ONLY REASON WHY I WOULD OFFER HIM THAT IS B/C HE HAS A SICK CHILD. PREDICTION ZORN WILL BE FIRED BY WEEK 9 GREG WILLIAMS WILL RETURN. UPON HIS RETURN HE WILL FIRE THE OTHER GREG FOR STABBING HIM IN THE BACK.

Posted by: RACIST | August 30, 2008 4:41 PM | Report abuse

Patrick,

Your not missing anyone they are holding a roster spot to probably pick up another WR or LB.

Posted by: kmdp4 | August 30, 2008 4:41 PM | Report abuse

Didn't they keep Tryon because he's the only one out there shorter than Dan Snyder?

I don't get it. Maybe he did stuff in practice that he didn't do in games.

All ten picks made the team? What a great draft! And we've only got three healthy WRs that can play next Thursday? Gotta be some movings coming in the next day or two.

Posted by: talent evaluator | August 30, 2008 4:41 PM | Report abuse

QB - Cambell,Collins,Colt (3)
RB - Portis, Betts, Rock (3)
FB - Sellers (1)
TE - Cooley, Yoder, Davis (3)
WR - Moss, Randle El, Thrash, Kelly, Thomas (5)
DE - Taylor, Carter, James, Evans, Wilson, Jackson (6)
DT - Griffin, Montgomery, Golston, Alexander (4)
LB - McIntosh, Fletcher, Washington, Campbell, Blades, Fincher (6)
CB - Springs, Rogers, Smoot, Torrence, Tryon (5)
S - Landry, Doughty, Horton, Moore (4)
K - Suisham
P - Brooks
LS -Albright

Thats 52 who am I missing?

Posted by: Patrick | August 30, 2008 4:38 PM

That's what I've been saying

Posted by: TWISI | August 30, 2008 4:41 PM | Report abuse

You're missing Hamilton at Safety

Posted by: JinxMan | August 30, 2008 4:41 PM | Report abuse

Tryon was continuously picked on the other night. I'm sure he's fast but he's like 5'4" and is an arrogant little sob who has nothing to back it up with. Dumbass move to keep him.

Posted by: Kelli Johnson is Hot | August 30, 2008 4:42 PM | Report abuse

Don't forget about D Thomas Talent

Posted by: Anonymous | August 30, 2008 4:43 PM | Report abuse

I raise my glass to those guys!

Posted by: isnadd | August 30, 2008 4:38 PM

These guys are not flat done. With CFL and AFL out there. They will get picked up.

Patrick I assume we have 1 more lineman. Maybe we left a hole to grab some other cut.

Posted by: Alex35332 | August 30, 2008 4:43 PM | Report abuse

Thats 52 who am I missing?

Posted by: Patrick | August 30, 2008 4:38 PM

You're missing Hamilton.

Posted by: TDawg | August 30, 2008 4:44 PM | Report abuse

S - Landry, Doughty, Horton, Moore (4)

JUSTIN HAMILTON (5)

Way to come on late and make the team! Fincher and Hamilton have to be this year's big surprises.

Posted by: Bryan | August 30, 2008 4:44 PM | Report abuse

Maybe we have six WR's? Are Randle and El two guys?

Posted by: talent evaluator | August 30, 2008 4:45 PM | Report abuse

I know Tryon didn't show much during the PSeason, but dude will probably be the 5th CB and be inactive or won't see much time on the field most games

Posted by: JinxMan | August 30, 2008 4:45 PM | Report abuse

You're missing Hamilton at Safety

Posted by: JinxMan | August 30, 2008 4:41 PM

Thanks. Now everything is as it should be.

Posted by: TWISI | August 30, 2008 4:45 PM | Report abuse

I can't believe we kept Tryon and I can't believe we cut McMullen, was I watching a different preseason or am I in bizarro world where we cut the good guys and keep the bad?

Posted by: zjfr2 | August 30, 2008 4:46 PM | Report abuse

I hope that Tryon is "red shirt team" this year.

Posted by: Alex35332 | August 30, 2008 4:47 PM | Report abuse

Fincher & Hamilton made the team just as extra bodies cause the Skins are thin at LB and Moore strained his hamstring. You have to think they'll promote from the PSquad (Mix) fairly early in the season.

Posted by: JinxMan | August 30, 2008 4:47 PM | Report abuse

As Jasno indicated, it's probably a one week stay for either Wilson or Jackson

Posted by: TWISI | August 30, 2008 4:47 PM | Report abuse

If they were going to leave a roster spot open to pick up another player why did they not just keep Mason then cut him after all of the other teams have made cuts and set their practice squads increasing the liklihood he gets through waivers.

Posted by: Patrick | August 30, 2008 4:47 PM | Report abuse

F.... MCBUSH....

Posted by: Obama is Da Man!!! | August 30, 2008 4:48 PM | Report abuse

Maybe we have six WR's? Are Randle and El two guys?

Posted by: talent evaluator | August 30, 2008 4:45 PM

Are they even one guy?

Posted by: Naan | August 30, 2008 4:48 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: zjfr2 | August 30, 2008 4:46 PM

Pre-season is more than the five games we see. The coaches see these guys every day in practice.

No, even I don't believe that. Bizarro world makes more sense with these two.

Posted by: Anonymous | August 30, 2008 4:49 PM | Report abuse

You're right Hamilton he did come out of no where thats why I thought he had been cut in the previous rounds cut, well done young man.

Posted by: Patrick | August 30, 2008 4:49 PM | Report abuse

I am shocked that both McMullen and Mix were cut - since they cut Mason. Seems to me if they were only going with 5 WRs we could have kept Mason. Or cut Mason and kept McMullen or Mix.

So now we are entering the season with our 3 veterans - Santana, El, and Thrash...one rookie who cannot catch (Thomas) and another who is injured. Makes absolutely no sense. I feel like our season is doomed.

Posted by: Lisa | August 30, 2008 4:49 PM | Report abuse

Why is it that Jason La Canfora Always sounds so negative...He beat up Gibbs for 4 years and now he has started on Zorn...I really wish we had a writer that repotred facts more than opinion.

Posted by: Leevi | August 30, 2008 4:50 PM | Report abuse

Redskins fans,

Read The Danny's interview in The Wall Street Journal about his new commitment to building. He cites the team drafting 10 players this year, all of whom will make the team.

Richardson over Tryon and McMullen being cut were not decisions made by Zorn. They were made by Danny. Zorn will be one and done. Write it down.

Posted by: Here's What Happened | August 30, 2008 4:50 PM | Report abuse

O-man...I can't say I disagree, but lets not mix the mayo with the Strawberry jam oK...

This is football talk..

Posted by: chrIS lArry | August 30, 2008 4:50 PM | Report abuse

Mo Mann, A Mix, B Toler, Gant are eligible for the practice squad.

Posted by: Anonymous | August 30, 2008 4:51 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Obama is Da Man!!! | August 30, 2008 4:51 PM | Report abuse

**Todd Wade, T (they really like Heyer I guess)**

Why wouldn't they like Heyer? Dude came in and did an amazing job for an undrafted rookie. Working with Buges will only make him better. Not sure Wade should have been cut, but no reason to even consider cutting Heyer, IMO.

Posted by: Rob M | August 30, 2008 4:51 PM | Report abuse

Seems to me that guys like Richardson will end up on the practice squad, but had to be cut first to be eligible.

Of course JLC won't point this out, he would rather criticize than analyze

Posted by: Cabraman | August 30, 2008 4:51 PM | Report abuse

Makes absolutely no sense. I feel like our season is doomed.

Posted by: Lisa | August 30, 2008 4:49 PM

A little dramatic don't you think.

Posted by: Rusty | August 30, 2008 4:52 PM | Report abuse

I DON'T SEE HOW IT COULD POSSIBLY MAKE SENSE TO CUT MASON..

Posted by: ANONYMOUS | August 30, 2008 4:25 PM

The more I rwad in here the more you notice how little poeple in nthis blog know about the game....Did you watch preseason at all?

there is more to RB than running the ball...Mason ran well against 3rd stringers...great...he can't play special teams...he can't catch and for god sakes can't pass block and pick up the blitz at all...but yet some feel the guy was just such a great back.

Posted by: Anonymous | August 30, 2008 4:52 PM | Report abuse

get off the ledge Lisa....I think we will be adding another WR...

Posted by: chrIS lArry | August 30, 2008 4:53 PM | Report abuse

****IS ANYONE ELSE SCARED THAT A 44 YEAR OLD WHO WAS THE MAYOR OF A TOWN OF 7200, THAT GOES MOOSE HUNTING AND DOES NOT BELIEVE IN EVOLUTION WOULD BE ONE HEART BEAT AWAY FROM RUNNING OUR COUNTRY???

Posted by: Obama is Da Man!!! | August 30, 2008 4:51 PM ******

No, I'm more scared of society's skidmarks like you who actually think any politicians are worth a second thought. F Bush, F McCain, F Obama, F 'em all!

Posted by: Politicians Suck | August 30, 2008 4:53 PM | Report abuse

Additionally, does Thomas not look like he's running in slow motion to anyone else? All I heard heading into the draft was that he was lightning fast but his route running and hands needed work. looks to me so far like his route running is terrible, his hands are decent, and he is slow. I saw zorn say he wants to see him on kick returns, which I can't figure out, he hasn't got one past the 15 yet.

Posted by: zjfr2 | August 30, 2008 4:54 PM | Report abuse

"Obama is Da Man"????

With people using grammer like this makes me ask...Is this the intelligent level that he is getting votes from?

Posted by: Leevi | August 30, 2008 4:54 PM | Report abuse

please for the love of Zeus can you go to the over 1000 sites that have active political debates?????????

This is football here...

Posted by: chrIS lArry | August 30, 2008 4:56 PM | Report abuse

I have no idea why they kept Tyron,
he couldn't cover a bed with a blanket.

Posted by: Dashriprock | August 30, 2008 4:56 PM | Report abuse

Something I saw on PFT and thought i would pass it along.

The blog on the Redskins’ official web site notes that the roster currently includes just five wide receivers, even though the team had indicated it would keep six. That could mean that the Redskins have a veteran receiver they plan to add.

Posted by: Anonymous56 | August 30, 2008 4:57 PM | Report abuse

Obama supporters claim to be the party of diversity and tolerance (see post below). They are neither, and continually prove that they are elitists. At least she has executive branch experience and has run a state. The only thing Obama has run is his mouth. In fact, he has only been in the Senate for 3 years, much of which has been spent campaigning.

Posted by: Obama is Da Man!!! | August 30, 2008 4:51 PM

Posted by: zourneidentity | August 30, 2008 4:57 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Obama is Da Man!!! | August 30, 2008 4:51 PM ******

All I see from this Obama who gives good speeches and talks big about making changes etc etc but seems to never talk policy and how he is going to do these things...Kinda reminds me of Ross Perot but can give better speeches.

Posted by: Anonymous | August 30, 2008 4:58 PM | Report abuse

This report from the official Redskins blog:

"The winner of the competition for the sixth wide receiver is … no one. This one comes as something of a surprise, given Coach Zorn’s comments yesterday on Malcolm Kelly’s injury. You’ve got to think that either they’ve got someone in mind who’s being cut from another team, or Kelly’s doing better than we’re being led to believe."

Posted by: Lisa | August 30, 2008 4:58 PM | Report abuse

Obama is Da Man"????

Posted by: Leevi | August 30, 2008 4:54 PM

Check out a movie called Idiocracy......we're well on our way

Posted by: Help | August 30, 2008 4:58 PM | Report abuse

He got that list from PFT like 5 mins ago!

Posted by: Keep up the hard work Jasno | August 30, 2008 4:22 PM
_________________________________________

If you were on PFT's website, why didn't you stay? I could have done with out your smart azz.

Posted by: Skip in Va | August 30, 2008 4:59 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Here's What Happened | August 30, 2008 4:50 PM

You know, I didn't remember reading this crap in Snyder's interview so I went back and looked it up.

The reason I didn't remember it isn't because I'm losing my memory -- it just wasn't there. You've made it up. Here's what Snyder actually said:

"You build through free-agency and the draft and I think that if you can look over the years you'd see a lot of improvement over how the club goes about getting players and keeping players and re-signing our existing players.

When I started I was too eager to immediately swing for the fence versus building the way we're building now for both the short term and the long term. Look at the way we've handled the development of our young quarterback [Jason Campbell], the way we've drafted additional players, this season the way we've handled re-signing a lot of our coaching staff and making sure that we kept a lot of the Joe Gibbs coaching staff."

Posted by: talent evaluator | August 30, 2008 4:59 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Anonymous | August 30, 2008 4:58 PM

And all I see from McSame is four more years of Bush. NO THANKS

Posted by: Anonymous | August 30, 2008 5:00 PM | Report abuse

This report from the official Redskins blog:

Posted by: Lisa | August 30, 2008 4:58 PM

Ashley Lelie was cut today by San Fran...Only name i see being cut

Posted by: Leevi | August 30, 2008 5:01 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Leevi | August 30, 2008 5:01 PM | Report abuse

on the positive side, I think Sleepy Davis has looked great so far and I think with only the mighty mites and Thrash really ready to contribute that means we see a lot of Cooley and Davis on the field together, and I think that is a very good thing. Two TE's helps with protecting Heyer a little (plz God make Heyer our starting RT......pretty plz) and creates some mismatches that I think will help us a lot. I still say if we can protect Campbell this offense will be fine, it has worked everywhere and is proven, the Carolina debacle wasn't a scheme issue, it was we couldn't block anybody, that's the key to our season, we have weapons!

Posted by: zjfr2 | August 30, 2008 5:02 PM | Report abuse

I enjoy reading the RI, but I must say that the IMMATURE bashing by readers is pathetic. Anyone who feels the need to criticize the RI writers for getting the list out 10 minutes "LATE" has some real SERIOUS priority issues! (Do you feel the love!?) I know we have 'Skin fans that come in all sizes and shapes, but God forbid you keep spewing your bitterness. Grow up!

Lastly, there is a Scripture that applies to this situation: "Why do you see the speck in your brother's eye but fail to notice the beam in your own eye?" (Matthew 7:3) To these ever-foreboding critics I exhort them to get the BEAM out of their own eyes...and while at it, get the beam out that is also stuck up their a$$.

Nuff said...

Posted by: A Word to the Critics | August 30, 2008 5:03 PM | Report abuse

Cincy cut Rudi johnson

Posted by: Leevi | August 30, 2008 5:01 PM

I cut him from my Fantasy team as well, picked up Kenny Wtason who had a big year for Cincy last year when Rudi was hurt. I hope he can do it again he should make a good third back for my team.

Posted by: Anonymous | August 30, 2008 5:03 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Obama is Da Man!!! | August 30, 2008 4:51 PM

I'm actually more worried that Obama will be President and that Biden will be a heartbeat away. So, I'd prefer a random person from Alaska -- any random person -- over that ticket to socialism.

Posted by: Melinda Yalom | August 30, 2008 5:03 PM | Report abuse

GUESS WE KNOW WHY THEY CUT THE WRs!

Skins trade for Chad johnson!

Posted by: Anonymous | August 30, 2008 5:04 PM | Report abuse

Cincy cut Rudi johnson

Posted by: Leevi | August 30, 2008 5:01 PM

Posted by: Anonymous | August 30, 2008 5:03 PM

You need to get Chris Perry he is the starter...

Posted by: Leevi | August 30, 2008 5:05 PM | Report abuse

Ashley Lelie was cut today by San Fran...Only name i see being cut

Posted by: Leevi | August 30, 2008 5:01 PM

And we've always done so well with the receivers that San Francisco doesn't want.

Posted by: talent evaluator | August 30, 2008 5:05 PM | Report abuse

Damn if they didn't Chad johnson is a redskin..being reorted on NFL Netwrok and fox sports

Posted by: Anonymous | August 30, 2008 5:06 PM | Report abuse

ChRIs LarRy Craig

Coincidence?

I think not.

Posted by: | August 30, 2008 5:07 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Bryan | August 30, 2008 4:44 PM

Posted by: frediefritz | August 30, 2008 5:07 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Politicians Suck | August 30, 2008 4:53 PM

Yeah, what he said!

Posted by: The F Guy | August 30, 2008 5:07 PM | Report abuse

Bengals cut Rudi johnson then traded Betts for Johnson...Holy crap!

Posted by: Anonymous | August 30, 2008 5:07 PM | Report abuse

When healthy Wade can still play. Heyer's looked bad this preseason and Jansen's done (as evidenced by Parcells panning him on ESPN and several coaching candidates asking 'skins if they could cut Jansen). It's foolish to put so much faith in unproven players as backups. He'll catch on somewhere - perhaps St. Louis with Saunders.

Posted by: Anonymous | August 30, 2008 5:08 PM | Report abuse

NFL Network reports Betts has been traded for Johnson!

Posted by: Anonymous | August 30, 2008 5:08 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Bryan | August 30, 2008 4:44 PM

Posted by: frediefritz | August 30, 2008 5:07 PM

I was trying to say that I understand what you are saying, but the real surprise to me is Tryon making it.

Posted by: frediefritz | August 30, 2008 5:09 PM | Report abuse

Rams cut a few wx-skins:

No big names were among the players released; wide receiver Reche Caldwell and cornerback David Macklin are probably the best known veterans who failed to make the roster.

Posted by: chrIS lArry | August 30, 2008 5:09 PM | Report abuse

I'm shocked they did trade for Johnson. I hope his shoulder is ok!

Posted by: talent evaluator | August 30, 2008 5:09 PM | Report abuse

Seriously..this might have been one the least negative posts by Jason about the Skins (if that tells you anything.) Anyopne who decides to rip the team they cover almost on a daily basis to the team's fans, deserves to get crushed negatively back. Jason rarely says anything positive about anything the team does..I agree with the one poster who said "next Jason will rip the team fora actually keeping their draft picks. I guess all this means is Jason thinks he would and is a better judge of talent on the field than those who actually make the decisions. Heck, why don't you just apply for a job J? Oops, that's why youjust write about them behind a computer. Put on some pads for once - I bet you've never even played the game.

Posted by: dmacdc | August 30, 2008 5:10 PM | Report abuse

Where talent? I don't see anythis yet.

Posted by: Leevi | August 30, 2008 5:10 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Obama is Da Man!!! | August 30, 2008 4:51 PM

No. I am more scared of an empty suit that was a bullsh%t community organizer (communist agitator), spent a few years in the Illinois Senate as a back bencher (didn't do sh%t) and spent 143 days in the US Senate before he started running for President.

El-Barack Hussein Ali Obama is a muslim fundementalist that hates white people as much as his best friend Jeremiah (US of KKK A) Wright and hates America as much as his terrorist friend William Ayers.

Posted by: El-Obama is a dou-che bag | August 30, 2008 5:10 PM | Report abuse

Stop with the Johnson Sh!t we did not trade for him.

Posted by: Anonymous | August 30, 2008 5:11 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Obama is Da Man!!! | August 30, 2008 4:51 PM

Posted by: Melinda Yalom

I agree melinda.

Mayor? She is/was a governer most recently, which is much more difficult than occasionally showing up for Senate votes...

Posted by: mike evans | August 30, 2008 5:12 PM | Report abuse

"Despite many of their draft class members looking pretty poor in the preseason..."

wth?! Their draft picks, (on the field) had a pretty impressive preseason I though. Jackson had a couple sacks. Horton and Moore showed tons of promise. Brooks didn't kick any worse than Frost's track record shows he will kick. Brennan played lights out at times. Rhinehart (sp?) was great, learning but great. The two WRs were injured, so that's just injured not a "poor preseason." Fred Davis was solid and might even be the #2 TE before mid-season. The only one who had a "poor preseason" was Tryon who, I agree with you, should have lost his job to Richardson, even though Richardson showed flashed of being born in the same barn as Tryon.

Their draft picks were surprisingly good. I hated Cerrato, but I have to be honest, this was a fantastic draft as it stands right now bro. I don't know where your proof of a "poor preseason" for "many" of their draft picks is.

That's being pretty blind, even from a guy (me) who was hoping and praying this would be the year Vinny got the boot. If he picks like this I won't complain ever again.

Posted by: jflow78 | August 30, 2008 5:12 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Obama is Da Man!!! | August 30, 2008 4:51 PM

Posted by: frediefritz | August 30, 2008 5:13 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Obama is Da Man!!! | August 30, 2008 4:51 PM ******

I'm actually more scared about a lying, flip flopping youngish politician with no military experience and a previous drug and alcohol problem running our country. and "da" isn't even English. I'm not surprised you like Obama. You're probably accesing the internet from some free public library computer and praying Obama gets elected so your welfare benefits go up while us that actually work pay for it.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | August 30, 2008 5:14 PM | Report abuse

we haven't traded for anybody shut up

Posted by: zjfr2 | August 30, 2008 5:14 PM | Report abuse

ay yi yi....here you go loudmouths, have fun degrading civic discourse

Posted by: chrIS lArry | August 30, 2008 5:14 PM | Report abuse

Well put!

"I'd rather stay with football talk, but if you want to talk about inexperience, look at the top of your ticket."

Posted by: #44 | August 30, 2008 5:14 PM | Report abuse

jflow78,

i agree with you 100%...In fact in recent years Jason bashed the Skins for NOT drafting and trading theri picks...now he flip flops.

Posted by: Leevi | August 30, 2008 5:15 PM | Report abuse

...And one more thing, when is the last time a team had 9/10 draft picks they could argue were warranted a spot on the team. The Skins have a good arguement for every player (except Tryon). List them, seriously. If someone can come up with another team that had a draft (9/10) that was, at this point, pretty solid, I'll shut up. I'm a JLC lover too dude, but you're starting to lose me, especially with that comment. "Poor preseason for many of their draft picks," my ***.

Posted by: jflow78 | August 30, 2008 5:15 PM | Report abuse

What's going on? Is there any online confirmation that Chad Ocho Cinco is a Redskin? Why would we cut Mason and trade Betts? That makes NO SENSE!

Posted by: Bryan | August 30, 2008 5:16 PM | Report abuse

Scamp,

This describes Bush to a tee except for the youngish part and he has been running the country into the ground for the las 8 years. McSame will give us four more years of this but you vote for him if you want.

Posted by: Anonymous | August 30, 2008 5:16 PM | Report abuse

Cuts not predicted by Jason La:
Derrick Frost, P
Cedrick Holt, CB
Billy McMullen, WR
Matteral Richardson, CB
Todd Wade, T

Jason's predicted cuts that made the team:
Brooks, Durant P
Jackson, Rob DE
Tyron, Justin CB

Every year good preseason players, especially Wide receivers and running backs, are either cut now or cut in a week or so. Also stay tuned for more changes. It is not over yet! Wait til Danny sees what is available!

Posted by: zeitgeist | August 30, 2008 5:16 PM | Report abuse

GUESS WE KNOW WHY THEY CUT THE WRs!

Skins trade for Chad johnson!

Posted by: Anonymous | August 30, 2008 5:04 PM
=========

Good one, anon. Now go finish your homework.

Posted by: Anonymous | August 30, 2008 5:16 PM | Report abuse

The NfL network just reported that the Skins have traded Betts for Chad Johnson

Posted by: Fredrick MD | August 30, 2008 5:17 PM | Report abuse

It'll be fine. Geena Davis was a pretty good president in "Commander in Chief".

Posted by: Anonymous | August 30, 2008 5:17 PM | Report abuse

there has been no trade, that's just some idiot being stupid

Posted by: zjfr2 | August 30, 2008 5:17 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Lisa | August 30, 2008 4:49 PM

Lisa, don't fret. Mix & Mann are PSquad eligible and can be promoted at any time. I truly believe that Fincher and Hamilton made the roster solely due to lack of depth at LB and the injury Moore suffered... otherwise, I think Mix would've made the final roster in place of Hamilton being kept on as the 5th safety.

Posted by: JinxMan | August 30, 2008 5:17 PM | Report abuse

Where talent? I don't see anythis yet.

Posted by: Leevi | August 30, 2008 5:10 PM

Post wasn't mine, Leevi. I've been trying to find whether the Bears kept Brandon Lloyd. Not that I want him back, mind you...

Posted by: talent evaluator | August 30, 2008 5:17 PM | Report abuse

I see a "Big Member" from
The-Barackpantherparty, is here today.

Posted by: Dashriprock | August 30, 2008 5:18 PM | Report abuse

Wow, I didn't even realize we were having a political discussion on a Redskins Blog, but whatever. I'm a big Obama lover, but I hate Biden for VP. I'm honestly considering not voting for him because Biden is exactly the opposite of what Obama stood for. He's supposed to be about change and reform, then he picks Biden who is one of the biggest "good ole boys" in DC. I hate that guy with a passion. I'm a true independant and he may have lost my vote with that guy as VP. Biden's almost Dick Cheney in blue.

Posted by: jflow78 | August 30, 2008 5:18 PM | Report abuse

scamp you just got owned....proves people talking about politics on here sound like complete rubes...

Scamp,

Posted by: anon | August 30, 2008 5:18 PM | Report abuse

Where talent? I don't see anythis yet.

Posted by: Leevi | August 30, 2008 5:10 PM

Posted by: talent evaluator | August 30, 2008 5:17 PM

Yeah I'm not seing anything about a trade...of course I would welcome...I hate when peeps do that!

Posted by: Leevi | August 30, 2008 5:19 PM | Report abuse

there has been no trade, that's just some idiot being stupid
Posted by: zjfr2 | August 30, 2008 5:17 PM

Lot of idiots on here today. Hell they are making me look smart.

Posted by: Alex35332 | August 30, 2008 5:19 PM | Report abuse

I shouldn't be constantly criticising la can't write. I should quit reading this piece of s--- blog. I think that's what I'll do.

Posted by: y'all are right | August 30, 2008 5:19 PM | Report abuse

How long does a team have to wait before reclaiming someone for the practice squad?

Posted by: tired | August 30, 2008 5:19 PM | Report abuse

Scamp,

Posted by: Anonymous | August 30, 2008 5:16 PM

Jeez...that is nice of you to allow him to "vote for him" if he wants.

Retard.

Posted by: Lance | August 30, 2008 5:19 PM | Report abuse

Obama Da Man!! NO, actually sounds like Obama's resume...and HE'S running for President, not VICE-President. And, by the way, she was the governor, not a mayor presently...what an idiot. Just vote for the black guy, unless of course he sits on the wrong side of the aisle.

Posted by: dmacdc | August 30, 2008 5:20 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: tired | August 30, 2008 5:19 PM

till they clear waivers

Posted by: Leevi | August 30, 2008 5:20 PM | Report abuse

Palin has more executive experience than Palin does. Besides she is a VP candidate. BO is the possibly the least experienced Presidential candidate ever. The Dems will lose the experience debate so they should shut up

Posted by: Agent of Hope and Change | August 30, 2008 5:21 PM | Report abuse

For those interested in talking Skins business, continue to do so and don't dignify these fools who are spittin' politics with a response. They're only starting "stuff" up anyway.

Posted by: JinxMan | August 30, 2008 5:21 PM | Report abuse

When do you know if they've cleared waivers. Is it like a day or what?

Posted by: tired | August 30, 2008 5:21 PM | Report abuse

Good to see Lisa already knows Devin Thomas can't catch. I guess those college stats mean absolutely nothing and 2 meaningless preseason games are the true tell of what makes a player.

Posted by: Lisa is a moron | August 30, 2008 5:22 PM | Report abuse

Scamp,

Posted by: Anonymous | August 30, 2008 5:16 PM

Bush lied huh? About what? He told everyone what he was going to do and he did it. I'd rather have the same for four more years than pay 50% of my income in taxes and have a President that went to a church that supports Africa more than its own. Funny how Obama started started adopting some of the Republican ideas such as military presence in Iraq and more oil exploration once it looked like they would work and his ideas were crap. It's fine to adopt them but when you're running a country you have to actually come up with them.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | August 30, 2008 5:23 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Lisa is a moron | August 30, 2008 5:22 PM

Could not have said it better myself.

Posted by: Lisa is a moron twice | August 30, 2008 5:23 PM | Report abuse

the political discourse is ruining cut down day excitement please stop, or go somewhere people are talking about it...

Every political post made in the last two hours further convinces me we have the dumbest electorate ever. Soon someone will say "it has electrolytes"

Posted by: chrIS lArry | August 30, 2008 5:23 PM | Report abuse

I think we should call that an ITPA Ignore the Political A$$ Clown

Posted by: Alex35332 | August 30, 2008 5:25 PM | Report abuse

"...ruining cut down day excitement..."

What excitement?

Posted by: #44 | August 30, 2008 5:25 PM | Report abuse

Lot of idiots on here today. Hell they are making me look smart.

Posted by: Alex35332 | August 30, 2008 5:19 PM

Now that's some stong stuff!

Posted by: Anonymous | August 30, 2008 5:26 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: chrIS lArry | August 30, 2008 5:23 PM

CL, nice play on words

Posted by: JinxMan | August 30, 2008 5:26 PM | Report abuse

The Ravens cut a dcsween favorite, QB Casey Bramlett, who was cut earlier in the week by San Diego. He must have gotten cut while his plane was in the air from San Diego.

Posted by: talent evaluator | August 30, 2008 5:26 PM | Report abuse

i still say we trade for Boldin from the cardinals :)

Posted by: luvtheskins | August 30, 2008 5:27 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: chrIS lArry

Who made:
chrIS lArry the blog police anyway? sign off if you don't like it.

Posted by: anti-establishment | August 30, 2008 5:27 PM | Report abuse

Boldin would be nice. He doesn't want to be in 'zona anyway.

Posted by: #44 | August 30, 2008 5:28 PM | Report abuse

Bush lied huh? About what?

Iraq No weapons of mass destruction

The torture that was going on

His entire presidency has been a lie.

Your correct about taxes we should keep running up the deficit so that my kids and yours will have nothing when they are older.

Bush did a bang up job with that Katrina thing as well just go ask the people of NO.

Posted by: Bush Sucks | August 30, 2008 5:28 PM | Report abuse

When do you know if they've cleared waivers. Is it like a day or what?

Posted by: tired | August 30, 2008 5:21 PM

24 Hours

Posted by: Leevi | August 30, 2008 5:28 PM | Report abuse

Here's another ex-Skin who was cut -- Buck Ortega, tight end, by the Saints.

Posted by: talent evaluator | August 30, 2008 5:28 PM | Report abuse

#44 sorry I enjoy seeing who is available following the cuts, debating moves, talking with fellow skins on a skins blog...

crazy I know....

Posted by: chrIS lArry | August 30, 2008 5:28 PM | Report abuse

You said it CL. I for one am happy Frost is gone. Every year he does will in pre season or when the bring someone in. Then game time he sucks.

Posted by: jm220 | August 30, 2008 5:28 PM | Report abuse

Boldin would be nice. He doesn't want to be in 'zona anyway.

Posted by: #44 | August 30, 2008 5:28 PM

Yeah let's keep dreaming!

Posted by: Leevi | August 30, 2008 5:29 PM | Report abuse

Disappointed that the Skins haven't updated their "new" website with the final roster and depth chart...

Also just saw that Kurt Warner will start for the Cardinals... doesn't look like Leinart's panning out.

Posted by: JinxMan | August 30, 2008 5:29 PM | Report abuse

i still say we trade for Boldin from the cardinals :)

Posted by: luvtheskins | August 30, 2008 5:27 PM

I actually think that is realistic, I think that Snyderatto have a plan in mind, there is no way they would keep only 5 wr when only 3 are functional unless they had a plan in mind.

Posted by: zjfr2 | August 30, 2008 5:29 PM | Report abuse

The NfL network just reported that the Skins have traded Betts for Chad Johnson

Posted by: Fredrick MD | August 30, 2008 5:17 PM
The poster can't even spell Frederick correctly. How can we expect him to get anything else correct?

Posted by: frediefritz | August 30, 2008 5:29 PM | Report abuse

i still say we trade for Boldin from the cardinals :)

Posted by: luvtheskins | August 30, 2008 5:27 PM

i think the cap is an issue for another big name

Posted by: Leevi | August 30, 2008 5:30 PM | Report abuse

Bush lied huh? About what?

Iraq No weapons of mass destruction

The torture that was going on

His entire presidency has been a lie.

Posted by: Bush Sucks | August 30, 2008 5:28 PM

Uhhhh......it has electrolytes.

Posted by: Anonymous | August 30, 2008 5:30 PM | Report abuse

where the hookers at?

Posted by: Anonymous | August 30, 2008 5:30 PM | Report abuse

The people of NO were told to leave and stayed. At some point, you must take responsiblity for yourself.

Posted by: katrina | August 30, 2008 5:30 PM | Report abuse

Gustav is now a category 4 and looks like it will hit very close to New Orleans. Time to say your prayers.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | August 30, 2008 5:31 PM | Report abuse

Flash Vote for making CHriS LarRy the blog police. RI Citizenry Only.

I vote Yes on giving CL the interim authority as blog police for the next 24 hours.

Posted by: Alex35332 | August 30, 2008 5:31 PM | Report abuse

i still say we trade for Boldin from the cardinals :)

Posted by: luvtheskins | August 30, 2008 5:27 PM

Posted by: zjfr2 | August 30, 2008 5:29 PM

Where would the cap space cme from? You ya cut to make this move and he would not be able to contribut till week 11 not knowing the offense...I would love it but i do not think this is realistic

Posted by: leevi | August 30, 2008 5:31 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: scampbell1975 | August 30, 2008 5:31 PM

It's Obama's fault....

Posted by: Anonymous | August 30, 2008 5:31 PM | Report abuse

that answer is very logical, but when has that ever stopped us? :)

Posted by: luvtheskins | August 30, 2008 5:32 PM | Report abuse

I suppose Gustav is Bush's fault too.

Posted by: #44 | August 30, 2008 5:32 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: talent evaluator | August 30, 2008 5:17 PM

B Lloyd is still on the 53-man roster.

Posted by: frediefritz | August 30, 2008 5:33 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: frediefritz | August 30, 2008 5:29 PM

I would like to preemptively say its not me. Do I miss-spell stuff allot. Yes. But I think 85 is an insufferable A-hole and don't want him 100 miles from a redskins game... Well I guess if he is playing the ravens he has to be but thats the only time.

Posted by: Alex35332 | August 30, 2008 5:33 PM | Report abuse

Who made:
chrIS lArry the blog police anyway? sign off if you don't like it.

Posted by: anti-establishment | August 30, 2008 5:27 PM

No one did, but we're here to talk Redskins and football, not politics son... Y'all take the conservatism and liberalism to CNN, MSNBC & Fox News... plus some of the comments some of you all are making are retarded...

Posted by: JinxMan | August 30, 2008 5:33 PM | Report abuse

Iraq No weapons of mass destruction

The torture that was going on

His entire presidency has been a lie.

Posted by: Bush Sucks | August 30, 2008 5:28 PM

They had WMD's at one point. They used them against there own people.

And the tax thing is a great idea. Let's see how many more people can get foreclosed on and declare bankruptcy while the government keeps taking our money.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | August 30, 2008 5:34 PM | Report abuse

loosen up #44, baby...

Posted by: john riggins | August 30, 2008 5:34 PM | Report abuse

I suppose Gustav is Bush's fault too.

Posted by: #44 | August 30, 2008 5:32 PM

Only if you believe in global warming and his inability to do anything to reduce greenhouse emissions.

Posted by: Anonymous | August 30, 2008 5:35 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: tired | August 30, 2008 5:19 PM
I think it is 24 hours.

Posted by: frediefritz | August 30, 2008 5:35 PM | Report abuse

B Lloyd is still on the 53-man roster.

Posted by: frediefritz | August 30, 2008 5:33 PM

Thanks for that frediefritz. Now, if he has a big year, we can say "Gibbs held him back" like we say "Spurrier ruined Ramsey."

Posted by: talent evaluator | August 30, 2008 5:36 PM | Report abuse

We have the space for Boldin under his current deal as is, and if there is an owner a player would trust when they say, give me a year and I promise I'll show you the money, its Snyder. Plus, they always figure out a way if they need to, maybe they ship Jansen out too. Zorn sure seemed to really want McMullen, maybe the conversation went like this......

Zorn " I wanna keep Billy"

Snyderratto " More than you'd want Boldin or ocho cinco?"

Zorn ".....ummmmmmmm no"

Posted by: zjfr2 | August 30, 2008 5:38 PM | Report abuse

Thats 52 who am I missing?

Posted by: Patrick | August 30, 2008 4:38 PM

That's what I've been saying

Posted by: TWISI | August 30, 2008 4:41 PM

Somebody they plan on picking up from some other team's cuts?

Posted by: dcsween | August 30, 2008 5:38 PM | Report abuse

The fundamental lack of knowledge by you people on almost every political issue, as shown by your posts, is making me rethink this whole democracy thing...

Furthermore I would like to see the skins possibly pick up a vet LB or WR...

Posted by: Thomas Jefferson | August 30, 2008 5:38 PM | Report abuse

JinxMan, I asked this earlier but no one responded....how can Mix be put on the practice squad? He's not a rookie and has played in games other than preseason. What is the rule about practice squad players?

Posted by: Lisa | August 30, 2008 5:38 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: tired | August 30, 2008 5:19 PM

You don't actually "reclaim" them. They are free agents, so you have to woo them: "Hi, honey, want to come up for a drink?" Of course, since most of them have only one suitor, you don't have to take them to a fancy restaurant before you order them to take their clothes off.

At least, that's how I understand it.

Posted by: talent evaluator | August 30, 2008 5:38 PM | Report abuse

Please don't call the political dribble on her liberal or conservative. Those values got killed from american politics long ago. Neither party does either ideology. They are both in it for self interests.

Posted by: Alex35332 | August 30, 2008 5:39 PM | Report abuse

Thats 52 who am I missing?

Posted by: Patrick | August 30, 2008 4:38 PM

That's what I've been saying

Posted by: TWISI | August 30, 2008 4:41 PM

Somebody they plan on picking up from some other team's cuts?

Posted by: dcsween | August 30, 2008 5:38 PM

JUSTIN FREAKING HAMILTON

Posted by: zjfr2 | August 30, 2008 5:40 PM | Report abuse

Apparently our clown front office has too much pride to admit their mistakes and cut some of their awful draft picks. Unbelievable.

Posted by: Bobby Beathard | August 30, 2008 5:41 PM | Report abuse

Some releases of interest,

Jags cut, RB Fred Taylor.

Titans Cut, DL Sean Conover.

Bengals Cut, OT Willie Anderson.

Posted by: Dashriprock | August 30, 2008 5:41 PM | Report abuse

HAMILTON = 53

Posted by: zjfr2 | August 30, 2008 5:41 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Lisa | August 30, 2008 5:38 PM

"Each NFL team may keep up to eight members on their "practice squad" in addition to their 53-member main roster. They consist mostly of rookies who were cut in training camps and borderline NFL-caliber players. Both rookies and young veterans are eligible for the practice squad. However, a player cannot participate on the practice squad for more than three seasons."

Posted by: JinxMan | August 30, 2008 5:42 PM | Report abuse

Until the cut Dan Snyder and Vinny Cerato, the Redskins aren't going to amount to squat on the field. The Danny couldn't care less as long as the cash keeps coming in.

Posted by: Anonymous | August 30, 2008 5:42 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: scampbell1975 | August 30, 2008 5:31 PM

It's Obama's fault....

Posted by: Anonymous

No, Obama will tell those people to leave and they'll listen to him since it's not the man trying to keep them down.....

Posted by: al sharpton | August 30, 2008 5:42 PM | Report abuse

Where is your link on Fred Taylor??? Havent seen that anywhere?

Posted by: chrIS lArry | August 30, 2008 5:42 PM | Report abuse

Thank Thomas, and also thank you for helping us create that checks and balances thing that was a cool idea, while it lasted. But seriously stop trying to hook up that three way with Michael Obama and Condi Rice, its not going to happen.

Posted by: Alex35332 | August 30, 2008 5:42 PM | Report abuse

TJ, our Wahoos are getting smoked by USC... BTW, when did you come out of your grave at Monticello?

Posted by: JinxMan | August 30, 2008 5:43 PM | Report abuse

Fred Taylor was arrested, not cut

Posted by: zjfr2 | August 30, 2008 5:43 PM | Report abuse

Fred Taylor
sorry thats huge if true. And worth looking at him.

Posted by: Alex35332 | August 30, 2008 5:44 PM | Report abuse

The Danny couldn't care less as long as the cash keeps coming in.

Posted by: Anonymous | August 30, 2008 5:42 PM

You can make a lot of charges against Snyder, but "couldn't care less" is not one of them. It's not for lack of caring that he hasn't succeeded.

Posted by: talent evaluator | August 30, 2008 5:44 PM | Report abuse

please people, stop saying dumb/untrue things, we haven't traded for anybody yet, and the Jags haven't cut their starting rb....

Posted by: zjfr2 | August 30, 2008 5:44 PM | Report abuse

Some releases of interest,

Jags cut, RB Fred Taylor.

Titans Cut, DL Sean Conover.

Bengals Cut, OT Willie Anderson.

Posted by: Dashriprock | August 30, 2008 5:41 PM

Fred was arrested this morning.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | August 30, 2008 5:45 PM | Report abuse

Lisa,

Mix is going into his 3rd season so he's straight if the Skins decide to sign him to the PSquad.

Like I said before... Fincher was kept for LB depth... Hamilton was kept due to the injury to Moore, but once he's healthy, they'll cut Hamilton and promote or sign their 6th WR

Posted by: JinxMan | August 30, 2008 5:45 PM | Report abuse

Fred Taylor has not even come close to being cut. he has been arrested though for disorderly conduct early this morning outside a Miami nightclub "Club Cristal"

Posted by: zjfr2 | August 30, 2008 5:46 PM | Report abuse

Maybe they cut Taylor to make room for the future Hall of Famer, Mason?

Posted by: talent evaluator | August 30, 2008 5:46 PM | Report abuse

Jaguars running back Fred Taylor was arrested outside of a Miami Beach nightclub early Saturday morning and charged with disorderly conduct, the Miami Herald reported.

In the gutter, not free agent pool.

Posted by: Alex35332 | August 30, 2008 5:46 PM | Report abuse

Another pillar of the community!

Posted by: pat buchanon | August 30, 2008 5:47 PM | Report abuse

"I see a "Big Member" from
The-Barackpantherparty, is here today.

Posted by: Dashriprock | August 30, 2008 5:18 PM"

and

"Some releases of interest,

Jags cut, RB Fred Taylor."

Anymore pearls of wisdom there dashriprock?

Posted by: chrIS lArry | August 30, 2008 5:47 PM | Report abuse

Great exerp from that story:

In another interview last year, Taylor said he tells the team’s younger players to “do something to stay off the streets late at night, whether it’s read a book or get a girlfriend, whatever it might be.”

Posted by: Alex35332 | August 30, 2008 5:48 PM | Report abuse

My sources say Jimmy Johnson will be our new General Manager...

Posted by: isnadd | August 30, 2008 5:49 PM | Report abuse

When are our young brothers gonna get it? Grow up and be a decent human being.

Posted by: Bill Cosby | August 30, 2008 5:50 PM | Report abuse

My sources say Jimmy Johnson will be our new General Manager...

Posted by: isnadd | August 30, 2008 5:49 PM

Stupedest post of the day nominee.

Posted by: Alex35332 | August 30, 2008 5:50 PM | Report abuse

Nice to see Frosty gone. I'm glad that the team didn't get fooled his annual strong camp performance again. That said, I think we're in for a long year with Brooks.

Posted by: etrod | August 30, 2008 5:51 PM | Report abuse

If anyone wants to buy some weed hit me up.

Posted by: Aaron Church from Alexandria | August 30, 2008 5:51 PM | Report abuse

Stupedest post of the day nominee.

Posted by: Alex35332 | August 30, 2008 5:50 PM

Stumpidest spelling of the day!

Posted by: Anonymous | August 30, 2008 5:51 PM | Report abuse

beep beep... and it's a big one guys.
Betts traded for Casey Bramlet

Posted by: Cindy | August 30, 2008 5:53 PM | Report abuse

If anyone wants to buy some weed hit me up.

Posted by: Aaron Church from Alexandria | August 30, 2008 5:51 PM

How much for a quarter of the good stuff?

Posted by: Scott In Stafford | August 30, 2008 5:53 PM | Report abuse

I guess Vinny would have looked bad if any of his draftees didn't make it. Here we go again.

Posted by: OzzieClay | August 30, 2008 5:54 PM | Report abuse

Brooks will be fine, he may not boom 60 yarders, but he won't shank 20 yarders either, I'm thrilled Frosty is gone, he was way way too inconsistent and always seemed to shank one at the worst possible time.

Posted by: zjfr2 | August 30, 2008 5:54 PM | Report abuse

What was Taylor arrested for?

Posted by: Lance | August 30, 2008 5:55 PM | Report abuse

I think we're in for a long year with Brooks.

Posted by: etrod | August 30, 2008 5:51 PM

You say that like a long year is a bad thing. To me, the 16-game year is way too short. I, personally, am hoping for a 19 game year, but would settle for 18. Okay, I'll settle for 16, just a long 16.

Posted by: talent evaluator | August 30, 2008 5:56 PM | Report abuse

If anyone wants to buy some weed hit me up.

Posted by: Aaron Church from Alexandria | August 30, 2008 5:51 PM

Go to craigslist.com and advertise. ICall us from the CAN..

Posted by: Anonymous | August 30, 2008 5:56 PM | Report abuse

beep beep... and it's a big one guys.
Betts traded for Casey Bramlet

Posted by: Cindy | August 30, 2008 5:53 PM

Now that's just retarded... and you impersonated the blogmaster... come on fool!

Posted by: JinxMan | August 30, 2008 5:57 PM | Report abuse

beep beep... and it's a big one guys.
Betts traded for Casey Bramlet

Posted by: Cindy | August 30, 2008 5:53 PM

Posted by: JinxMan | August 30, 2008 5:57 PM

For our PC Democrat friends, that would be just "mentally challenged."

Thank you.

Posted by: Political Moron | August 30, 2008 5:59 PM | Report abuse

Betts traded for Casey Bramlet

Posted by: Cindy | August 30, 2008 5:53 PM

Retarded, yes, but it made sween's heart skip a beat until he realized it was bogus. Bramlet's a free agent. We don't have to trade for him. Now, Brandon Lloyd's a Bear so we'd have to trade for him.

Posted by: talent evaluator | August 30, 2008 6:00 PM | Report abuse

For our PC Democrat friends, that would be just "mentally challenged."

Thank you.
Posted by: Political Moron | August 30, 2008 5:59 PM

Last I checked, this isn't the politically correct blog... retard.

Posted by: JinxMan | August 30, 2008 6:01 PM | Report abuse

Well Jason this is probably why you're writing instead of coaching and you're writing could use some work...sure they cut Frost yes he punted some boomers however, he out kicked the coverage and in due time as we saw his last punt in the Jags game he'll be back to his reliable inconsistent self soon...I do agree with you on one note I for sure had Tryon cut possibly put on the practice squad, all of the Jags QB's ate him up...

Posted by: kevin | August 30, 2008 6:01 PM | Report abuse

Disorderly Conduct.

Posted by: Alex35332 | August 30, 2008 6:01 PM | Report abuse

Cindy, you never go full retard. Look what happend to Sean Penn in I Am Sam. He went full retard and came home empty handed.

Posted by: Kirk Lazarus | August 30, 2008 6:04 PM | Report abuse

It seems to me that Frost beat Brooks in the pre-season punt-off. It also seems to me that Frost's previous seasons punted him right off the team.
See you drafters at the draft in a few hours...

Posted by: 4-12 | August 30, 2008 6:05 PM | Report abuse

...with several more draughts in me....

Posted by: 4-12 | August 30, 2008 6:06 PM | Report abuse

Where are all the black Father's? Pull your pants up and get jobs. I'm disgusted being associated with you all!

Posted by: Bill Cosby | August 30, 2008 6:08 PM | Report abuse

So has it simmered down now finally. Are the bad men gone (referring to bloggers who come on here with their partizan but know nothing about it politics), so with 33 or so guys now looking for work tell me why we cant have a AAA for the NFL now?

Posted by: Alex35332 | August 30, 2008 6:10 PM | Report abuse

1. I didn't even realized that Nehemiah Broughton was still on the team. I thought he got cut like 3 years ago.

D. I didn't think Crummey was that, ahem, crummy

&. Sorry to see Boschetti go. Always root for the long shot.

Posted by: etrod | August 30, 2008 6:11 PM | Report abuse

so much doom and gloom on here, I'm surprised that they didn't keep another wr, but I think this team is loaded at the skill positions other than wr depth, and if we can protect this team will be fine. That's what this season comes down to, can we give JC time, if the answer is yes, then how does a defense account for moss, ARE, portis, cooley, davis, thrash, sellers and betts. This team is loaded if we can give JC time.

Posted by: zjfr2 | August 30, 2008 6:11 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Anonymous | August 30, 2008 5:42 PM

Your an idiot...This FO bashing is old tired and tells us your a espn fox..etc media baby..reapeat what you hear...

I personally think Snyder is a good ownmer and treats his people very well...Let's everyone in need use his plane and pays for it...rewards an old D. Green with a new huge contract in the twightlight of his career just to say thanks and handled the Taylor tragedy better than imagined...GET A LIFE!

Posted by: Anonymous | August 30, 2008 6:12 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Alex35332 | August 30, 2008 6:10 PM

We did. It was the World League.....it failed miserably.

Posted by: Go Skins! | August 30, 2008 6:12 PM | Report abuse

No one cares about you little OPINION. Just report keep the comments for your ravens friends. Thanks.

Posted by: Alex | August 30, 2008 6:12 PM | Report abuse

beep beep for real

Posted by: alex35332 | August 30, 2008 6:14 PM | Report abuse

Me

Posted by: Beep Beep | August 30, 2008 6:14 PM | Report abuse

A minor league could work for the NFL, but it's got to be state side. Nobody overseas cares about the NFL no matter how much we try to cram it down their throats.

It could work in mid market cities like Richmond, Norfolk, Vegas, etc...

Of course the NCAA would have a shti fit about that.

Posted by: etrod | August 30, 2008 6:17 PM | Report abuse

Some releases of interest,

Jags cut, RB Fred Taylor.

Titans Cut, DL Sean Conover.

Bengals Cut, OT Willie Anderson.

Posted by: Dashriprock | August 30, 2008 5:41 PM

See nothing that Fred Taylor was cut....where you see that? I live in Florida nand see no mention of this

Posted by: Anonymous | August 30, 2008 6:18 PM | Report abuse

For real there is a new post. If you don't know what Beep Beep means it means new post.

Posted by: Anonymous | August 30, 2008 6:25 PM | Report abuse

These cuts "cut" to the core of the Skins problems.

They were undoubtedly NOT football decisions as messrs. Snyder and Cerrato probably got in the way of Zorn.

Why keep all of the draft choices? Because Cerrato says so and doesn't want to blemish his post-Gibbs personnel mgmt. record?

What will it take for the Skins to make decisions based on what is done on the field, not what the front office wants?

To say that the season is in jeopardy (with Jason Campbell as starter) is an understatement.

Posted by: 2greekdc | August 30, 2008 6:26 PM | Report abuse

Cerrato runs the team; poor Zorn is being used and he will in all likelihood not last a year.

Posted by: rod | August 30, 2008 6:40 PM | Report abuse

Only two things bother me about the cuts:
1) None of the veterans who stunk the place up in the last two preseason games got cut (except Frost); (2) they cut young guys with promise like Crummey, Mason, Richardson, and Mixx but kept all the draft picks. How much input did Danny and Vinny have into these cuts? This team is gonna be REALLY BAD!!!

Posted by: skinned | August 30, 2008 7:41 PM | Report abuse

This stinks - Vinny Stinks, and the Redskins stink. No way more than 4 of the 10 draft picks deserved to make the team (Davis, the Offensive lineman, the 7th round safety, and Thomas) Cut Kelly and the rest of the bums. Vinny just wants to try and justify his drafting bye telling Zorn he had to keep all 10. Tryon is bye FAR THE WORST DB in NFL HISTORY - bar none. How he made the team and McMullen didnt is beyond me. Once the smurfs go down with injuries and Thomas and Kelly are both injured we'll have nobody. REDSKINS SUCK - ive been a fan since 1978 but this is the last straw. I hope Snyder and Cerrato get stuck in Iraq for the next 15 years and stops destroying the skins.

Posted by: kevin dunne | August 30, 2008 7:54 PM | Report abuse

Let's stay the course and keep John Jansen even if he is in a wheelchair!

Posted by: John McSame as Bush | August 30, 2008 8:22 PM | Report abuse

They cut Mason!!!! This team stupidity has no bounds! I would have let Betts or Portis go before I would have parted with Mason...

Posted by: WOW!! | August 30, 2008 8:22 PM | Report abuse

Wow, I bet Vinnie is posting all the little fagg0t comments supporting the Redskins front office. Go back to sucking Danny boy's c0ck, you stupid useless fagg0t.

Posted by: Wang | August 30, 2008 8:52 PM | Report abuse

Jason Campbell was the 20th rated passer in the NFL in 2007. Todd Collins was second only to Tom Brady. The best players should make the team and start if winning games is important in 2008. Would've been nice to see DC draft an O and D lineman in the second instead of two WR's from programs that focus more on run blocking than throwing and catching a football. Tryon does blow...

Posted by: facts | August 30, 2008 9:01 PM | Report abuse

This is football here...

Posted by: chrIS lArry | August 30, 2008 4:56 PM
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Hey cL - this is a football blog. Can we keep religion out of it?

Posted by: Anonymous | August 30, 2008 9:09 PM | Report abuse

2 WR's of interest that got cut - Ashley Lelie and Keary Colbert (both over 6 ft)

2 QB's of interest that got cut - Joey Harrington and Chris Simms

Thoughts? I'd consider signing Harrington and cutting Todd Collins.

Posted by: RITCA | August 30, 2008 9:11 PM | Report abuse

Also, Dallas cut Marcus Dixon (DE-Hampton). The Skins were big on this kid. Maybe they'll go get him for the practice squad.

Posted by: RITCA | August 30, 2008 9:12 PM | Report abuse

Michigan loses again...haha

Posted by: Anonymous | August 30, 2008 9:14 PM | Report abuse

If I were The Truth, I'd be worried about UGA's #1 ranking. They only beat Georgia Southern by 24 (45-21). #2 Ohio State had a shutout 43-0 and #3 USC beat Virginia 52-7.

Posted by: Anonymous | August 30, 2008 9:17 PM | Report abuse

wats up with all the marcus mason stuff
he wasnt gonna play this season anyways
so he wasnt gonna help us

Posted by: shawn | August 30, 2008 9:19 PM | Report abuse

zjfr2, Thomas is coming of an injury, which may explain the slow motion. He was pretty fast at college and at the combine.

Posted by: M | August 30, 2008 10:24 PM | Report abuse

This is all about Cerrato and that awful FO trying to save face by keeping all of their draft picks, even though a guy like Tryon doesn't deserve to make this team. Cerrato is terrible.

Posted by: Colin | August 30, 2008 10:31 PM | Report abuse

Well that's it for me - I grew up in DC and have been a Redskin fan for the last 25 years but this is it.

I no longer consider myself a Redskin fan - I won't support them at all or post here again until Snyder is no longer the owner.

Seriously you cut McMullen - you kept all these garbage players just to make stupid A-S-S Vinny Cerrato look good.

I'm disgusted by the current state of the Redkins ... good luck to you guys you'll never see me post here again.

Posted by: Mike C. | August 30, 2008 10:56 PM | Report abuse

Shanks a lot for all your hard work, Derrick!!! See you in Seattle!!

Posted by: GLFLVER2 | August 31, 2008 11:03 AM | Report abuse