Here's Your Portis Update

Alright everyone. Can't tell you who has practiced until practice actually starts (2 pm), dudes and dudettes. Dang. Work with me here.

Portis has been out of the building much of the day; just came back in with practice starting. Doesn't look good for him having full particiupation in practice given that, but they're ont he field for another 2 horus or so, so we'll see.
Springs says he's feeling "pretty good" but I'd say it's still very, very, very unlikely he'll play Monday.
Everyone else is good to go right now.

By Jason La Canfora  |  September 7, 2006; 2:16 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: The Wonders Of Email
Next: Portis Speaks

Comments

Thanks for the update. Get back out there and get us some more juice...

Posted by: Rob | September 7, 2006 3:01 PM | Report abuse

I'm in the Air Force, currently deployed in support of GWOT. There's about four people in my unit with TJ Duckett on their fantasy teams. They keep asking ME should they play him. I've said if Portis is out, definitely play Duckett. Good advice?

Posted by: Tony Jones | September 7, 2006 3:06 PM | Report abuse

Jason,
Thanks for the update. I still want more though. If Portis was out of the building - where was he. Does he rehab somewhere else? If you had to give a percentage of chance that he'll play, where would you put it. Tons of "injury" experts are saying different things and I don't know who to believe - you are the only one who provides the truth!!
Thank you, Obie One.

Posted by: Scott | September 7, 2006 3:14 PM | Report abuse

You know, this blog is hard to find. Sure, it pops up whenever you've got a headline catching update, but its hard to navigate to on my own. I can pretty much find, say, NFL Insider whenever I want, but sometimes this blog seems to disappear into the depths. Is there a link to it from the Sports page that I'm not seeing? How about getting it added to the "Today's Editorials, Opinions, Columns" drop-down on the front page? (Which, by the way, still has the "Road to the World Cup" linked, but not this one, or the new fabulous Sports Bog -- also hard to find. Also, RttWC seems to have morphed into some hybrid of that blog and this one. It includes your latest two posts. Strange.)

Posted by: Pike | September 7, 2006 3:24 PM | Report abuse

Pike,

Click on the Redskins link on the left hand side of the Sports page (blue bar). It's one of the rotating links above the main flash image. Or just bookmark the main page.

-Rage

Posted by: Rage | September 7, 2006 3:51 PM | Report abuse

everyone sit tight. He's supposed to talk to the media after practice. CP is an honest dude; you'll get your info straight from the horse's mouth when we get it.
I know all kind of people out there in internet/fantasy land are going off half cocked; that's why ya gots to wait to see what Dolla Bill says.
Pike - I'm with you. Passed on your comments to the Power That Be. I added this link
blog.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider to my favorites a long time ago, and that's what I use to get there.
Tony- Duckett looks like short yardage, change of pace guy whetehr CP plays or not. Betts is the main backup, better blocker, knows the system, has had success here before. I see him getting 20-plus carries if Portis can't go, and probably getting a lot of carries even if Portis does dress, 'cause CP's probably not up for 20 odd carries anyway after missing this much time.
Cheers.

Posted by: Jason La Canfora | September 7, 2006 3:56 PM | Report abuse

So Jason, has he practiced or no?

Posted by: JD | September 7, 2006 3:57 PM | Report abuse

He was not out there taking part during the 30 minute window we media schlubs get to watch.
He may have come out later to do some drills, but I can't tell you till they let us out of ths damned media room to get out to the field to talk to guys ... They just let us out so we'll see.

Posted by: Jason L | September 7, 2006 4:01 PM | Report abuse

Well, I hope he gets to particiupate fully soon.

Posted by: Jeremy | September 7, 2006 7:40 PM | Report abuse