He's Back, He's The Man Behind The Mask

Yo, I am back among the living.

I was off yesterday since Redskins Park was closed the media - day before the game and all - but actually, ended up spending all morning with my editor and Howard going over this Skins story for Monday's paper that has just about made his head explode from agony. Like I've been saying, I'm kinda running out of steam. I need a break from the daily grind of this beat.

Anyway, after the process I headed to B-more for a classic bender watching the Terps game. It was much needed. Spent most of today at my godchild's house giving him a belated Christmas present, and scrambled to get to the game.

Man, you guys turn on me quickly. Yikes. I hope I don't get ambushed and thrown into a dumpster whenever we have our end-o-the-season drunkfest happy hour. I think it might be a set up.

Finally got caucht up on 600 comments from the last few days.

Nate you are in top form and MV, that Carley Simon/Grilliams thing may have been the the most genius thing yet to come from this blog. Howard and i were cracking up. Somebody should go do karaoke this weekend, pick that song, sing MV's lyrics instead of the real one, tape record it and post a link to it on this blog. That thing was hilarious.

Alright, still wating for the inactives, but at this point, who cares, right?

Unless my man Philippe Gardent gets the surprise nod, it's not going to make for much fodder.

Cheers.

By Jason La Canfora  |  December 30, 2006; 6:18 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Gardner, Rod
Next: Another Post (Can't Hate On Me)

Comments

Vive la France!

Posted by: Anonymous | December 30, 2006 6:44 PM | Report abuse

My head just split!

Posted by: charlie | December 30, 2006 6:45 PM | Report abuse

Poor Mark,

Just when he thought he was going to get his own posse.

Posted by: charlie | December 30, 2006 6:47 PM | Report abuse

Nous vous voyons!

Posted by: P Diddy | December 30, 2006 6:50 PM | Report abuse

Patten will be playing????? wha????

Posted by: dealer | December 30, 2006 6:50 PM | Report abuse

i thought they released him or he was on IR?

Posted by: dealer | December 30, 2006 6:51 PM | Report abuse

I wish they would play Espy....

Posted by: Lisa | December 30, 2006 6:52 PM | Report abuse

Nice job everyone, we hit exactly 600 on the last post. I think that's a record.

How close are we to 25,000. I think we can get there before the Super Bowl if we stay focused and dedicated.

Jason, are you back on the beat next season?

Posted by: P Diddy | December 30, 2006 6:52 PM | Report abuse

east coasters, whachall doing for dinner?

Posted by: dealer | December 30, 2006 6:52 PM | Report abuse

Aren't there enough comments for both??? You don't just talk to one person all day long, do you?

Posted by: Jason's editor | December 30, 2006 6:53 PM | Report abuse

Welcome back JLC. You know the family will never turn on you. Maybe give you smack in the back of the head. But would never turn on you my friend. Yeah we got to do something at the end of the year. (give me a week notice remember coming from Jersey) You owe me a drink.

Posted by: jm220 | December 30, 2006 6:54 PM | Report abuse

i got a harris teeter pizza, bagels, pbj, ooooooooh i rember now, i had gotten some frozen dinner...cool! i'm all set.

Posted by: dealer | December 30, 2006 6:55 PM | Report abuse

we're at 20,768....we're not going to take the baby's temperature again until midweek.

Posted by: Jason's editor | December 30, 2006 6:55 PM | Report abuse

alright...see ya guys at game time or at 8...whatever comes first...

Posted by: dealer | December 30, 2006 6:56 PM | Report abuse

Almost gametime - welcome back, slacker. Just kidding, just kidding!

Posted by: Megskin | December 30, 2006 6:57 PM | Report abuse

Here's where I'm going for dinner:

I have a 9pm date (she knows I have to watch the 'Skins game first, already a good sign, huh?). Anyway, the chef at this place is a really good friend and this is my favorite first date restaurant. Let's just say my record is 5-0 so far.

He and the owner know that whenever I'm there with a cute little blonde, the game is on: we don't get menus, the chef comes out to our table, asks us what we like, and then cooks a 9 course meal. The wine flows, the charm is turned up to 11, and a good time is had by all.

Posted by: P Diddy | December 30, 2006 6:57 PM | Report abuse

I hope you don't take the temperature of this blog uhmm, how shall we say it, bottoms up?

Posted by: Megskin | December 30, 2006 6:58 PM | Report abuse

Is it true that if you have kids that you need to pick their noses for them and use the bottoms-up thermometer? Someone tried to explain this to me and it was too much. I'm never, ever having children.

Posted by: P Diddy | December 30, 2006 7:00 PM | Report abuse

Isn't that the most accurate way, Meg?

Posted by: Jason's editor | December 30, 2006 7:00 PM | Report abuse

Less than an hour. Let's go Reaper. Take out LBM and double G.

Posted by: jm220 | December 30, 2006 7:02 PM | Report abuse

I'd like to apologize for "people ready" and "people ready coaches".

Not my fault, I promise.

Posted by: P Diddy | December 30, 2006 7:03 PM | Report abuse

i just picked the one month old's nose today and yes, i have taken my toddler's temp thru her buttox when she was an infant.

it's really not that bad(for the one taking the temp)...but ohh yeah...they don't like it when you stick that thing up their ass! and no, you don't use a regular thermometer...well you could but they have one that's not that long...

Posted by: dealer | December 30, 2006 7:04 PM | Report abuse

Wow, being a parent is, like, a big responsibility. I'll stick to dogs. Maybe I'll get a couple more and be the Crazy Dog Guy.

Posted by: P Diddy | December 30, 2006 7:07 PM | Report abuse

game update. . .

OK, swiss ham is kicking his guts out in warm ups. . .

kickoffs landing inside the 5 and 1 for 2 on 50 yard FG tries. . .

not looking like it's going to be a full house but a few die hards, still tailgating their guts out. . .

Posted by: skinsfan@8KaboveMSL | December 30, 2006 7:09 PM | Report abuse

Wow, skinsfan, I'm impressed. That's pretty hi-tech of you.

Must be positively balmy for you out there...

Posted by: P Diddy | December 30, 2006 7:11 PM | Report abuse

I'd def get another dog before procreating. Dogs don't have to go to college nor do they spend 5 years getting wasted and telling you how much you suck beforehand.

Posted by: Jeff Hayes | December 30, 2006 7:11 PM | Report abuse

Hey, it's the year in review on NFL Network. How thrilling.

Posted by: P Diddy | December 30, 2006 7:28 PM | Report abuse

on club level, as recommended, just in case. . .

weather seems like it's in mid 30's. Not bad for this time of year. . .

fleece and windbreaker are still on the seat at this point. . .

Posted by: skinsfan@8KaboveMSL | December 30, 2006 7:30 PM | Report abuse

It's a big sports night here...I've been channeling back and forth from the NFL Network coverage to Channel 5 Redskins pregame (they are focusing on the Skins unlike the NFL Network focus on the Giants). There is also a Wiz game on tonight as well.

Posted by: Lisa | December 30, 2006 7:31 PM | Report abuse

Unfortunately quite true P Diddy, and Cindy. Though I don't know about the picking nose thing - never had to pick my kids nose. Parent must be doing something wrong there.

Posted by: Megskin | December 30, 2006 7:31 PM | Report abuse

i just picked the one month old's nose today
Just take a wet washcoth and wipe it, that stuff comes right out. The only time it gets bad is when they're all clogged up, yellow dried goop - then use the bulb/squeezy thing, sucks all the snot out; no need to pick, ouch.

Posted by: Megskin | December 30, 2006 7:43 PM | Report abuse

Man can the time go any slower! I am so ready for this game.

Posted by: jm220 | December 30, 2006 7:44 PM | Report abuse

We're caught in a time warp. Feels like it should be almost halftime. We've been spoiled by all the 1 p.m. starts.

Posted by: Jason's editor | December 30, 2006 7:47 PM | Report abuse

megskin, i highly highly doubt that when a parent says they pick their kids' noses...they actually mean sticking their inch wide index finger in an infant's 1/4 inch nostril opening...

anyways!!!
GAMETIME!

Posted by: dealer | December 30, 2006 8:05 PM | Report abuse

Damn I thought Fox 5 was going to be able to havfe their own announcers. Brutal.

Posted by: SMACK | December 30, 2006 8:08 PM | Report abuse

That what I am talking about Campbell!

Posted by: jm220 | December 30, 2006 8:10 PM | Report abuse

Damn you got to be kidding me!! No more damn talk about Betts over CP!!!

Posted by: jm220 | December 30, 2006 8:13 PM | Report abuse

AC has step up his game. I think Plex felt the heat coming. Should have laid the smack on him anyway. Damn you Betts!!!

Posted by: jm220 | December 30, 2006 8:16 PM | Report abuse

Touch Down baby! Start the beat down!!!

Posted by: jm220 | December 30, 2006 8:24 PM | Report abuse