Heyer Day-to-Day

We still don't definitively know the deal with Stephon Heyer's knee injury, which the team has listed as a bruise that occurred during goal line drills. A team spokesman provided an afternoon update, saying Heyer had an MRI exam and the results were "encouraging." He is listed as day-to-day, which is another concern for the coaching staff, considering the need for the unit to improve its timing through reps.

By Jason Reid  |  August 4, 2009; 6:32 PM ET
 | Tags: MRI, Stephen Heyer
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Manupuna Released
Next: No Inquiries About Levi Jones

Comments

Pfft. I had an MRI come back negative too before I needed surgery.

Posted by: mattsoundworld | August 4, 2009 6:35 PM | Report abuse

Leroy Jenkins!
2st!

Posted by: isnadd | August 4, 2009 6:38 PM | Report abuse

"encouraging" sounds a lot like "inconclusive".....

Posted by: Wemiss21 | August 4, 2009 6:38 PM | Report abuse

Is John Runyan still out of work?

Posted by: Wemiss21 | August 4, 2009 6:39 PM | Report abuse

Red (et al)

In case you haven't found the Leroy Jenkins thing, here it is:

...and no, I don't play WOW. I just think the video is funny.

Posted by: isnadd | August 4, 2009 6:39 PM | Report abuse

I had an MRI come back negative too before I needed surgery.

Posted by: mattsoundworld | August 4, 2009 6:35 PM

John Kerry had a similar experience with some legislation he voted for and against.

Posted by: talent_evaluator | August 4, 2009 6:41 PM | Report abuse

Never had an MRI.

Posted by: Chia_Pet | August 4, 2009 6:46 PM | Report abuse

Heyer has had injury issues in his career. Nothing very dramatic, but it was a training camp injury that gave Jansen a shot last season.

Posted by: zcezcest1 | August 4, 2009 6:47 PM | Report abuse

Never had an MRI.

Posted by: Chia_Pet

They're fun, especially if you are claustrophobic. Never knew I was until mine ...

Posted by: zcezcest1 | August 4, 2009 6:49 PM | Report abuse

Why did they perform an MRI on you, zcezcest?

What does claustrophobic mean, anyway?

Posted by: Chia_Pet | August 4, 2009 6:52 PM | Report abuse

Fear of Santa Claus?

Posted by: Chia_Pet | August 4, 2009 6:55 PM | Report abuse

Just checked you that youtube vid... all I can say is wow.

Sounds like two Rockstar'd up geeks getting their rocks off to some lame game.

Well, just lame to me. I'm at that age where I only play Madden, NBA2k, and Fight Night.

Posted by: RedDMV | August 4, 2009 6:57 PM | Report abuse

I've had a couple of MRIs... went to sleep everytime. Kinda felt like Bruce Willis in 12 Monkeys when he was time traveling.

Posted by: RedDMV | August 4, 2009 7:01 PM | Report abuse

I wonder how panicked we would have been back in the mid-80s if we had insider blogs or "tweets?" I wonder how many practices Joe Jacoby sat out because of sore knees? John Riggins (granted, he is an unusual dude) spent the week in TRACTION at Sibley Hospital between games on multiple occasions in 1983-1985. What I also wonder is why don't all NFL teams have all of their linemen (and QBs) wear knee braces all the time? I would imagine that they are so lightweight and strong compared to those mammoth things Dan Marino et. al. wore in the 1980s? Whenever a lineman's knee buckles because someone rolled their leg, it seems that such a bace would prevent this? There has to be a reason. Surely I am not smarter than NFL FO personnel?! Whoever was mentioning Pete Kendall as someone we should sign, I just want to ask if that is the same Pete Kendall I saw getting manhandled aganist Cincy & San Fran last year?...

Posted by: Serwanga | August 4, 2009 7:20 PM | Report abuse

Ummm could be worse . . . we could have a QB controversy . . . oh wait it's only August 4th and it's the Skins. . .

I believe the 28th Amendment to the US Constitutions states that "A Quarterback Controversy shall ensue within the National Football League Team the Washington Redskins at a minimum one time per preseason and once during the regular season. Said controversy shall be generated by either coked up hamster fans or the owner and shall involve much gnashing of teeth, pulling of hair and ridiculous statements and bloviating analysis by said hamsters. In the event of no QB controversy, the hamsters are required to set their hair on fire and run around the room panicking and screaming about any of the following topics: the offensive line, the wide receivers, the secondary coverage, the kicker, the punter, which running back is better and/or should be released, which player is useless, overhyped and should be released, which trade was the worst, the poorly executed draft, which fan actually knows more about football, which fan is the biggest d-bag and needs to shut his/her piehole and finally the ongoing shenanigans of the Front Office most specifically of the owner and director of playr personnel. Time permitting, with any remaining vocal chords and unsinged hair the hamsters may also address why FedEx field is the worst but that everyone agress Dallas sucks."

Do Jacoby or Butz have kids? Do they play?

Posted by: sfskin | August 4, 2009 7:21 PM | Report abuse

"considering the need for the unit to improve its timing through reps."

Hmmm, ..interesting take Mr. Reid. I was under the impression that our Starting-C and RT positions need to be upgraded.

Or here's another theory:
In the past 30 NBA Seasons there have only been 8 different Champions. That sux!

Cue Jim 'Sniderrato' Carrey staring at his Lauren 'Lombardi' Holly trophy as she coaxes his response; 'So you're telling me there's a chance,? Yeah!'

I'm not a fan of trends but if the shoe fits

Posted by: Vicc | August 4, 2009 8:47 PM | Report abuse

i think you could consider everyone on the OL day to day.......

Posted by: hillb03 | August 4, 2009 10:26 PM | Report abuse

Serwanga,

Knee braces limit mobility, they're irritating, and there's word out that they cause other joints to give out in the case of a blow to the knee - usually the ankle.

I'd have to hope that, if I were a 150 lbs heavier and playing on some NFL line, I'd wear a pair, but who knows?

I wore one on my "bad" knee in high school, but in college, I didn't want to cost myself the bit of speed and flexibility you lose with a brace. On the line, I have to think it would be different, but if some speed rush gets past you and your knee is not injured, you probably yank it off before the next play.

Every bit counts. The players don't wear their hip pads, knee pads, elbow pads, cups, and tail bone pads, either.

Half of them don't snap their helmets.

I guess it's a comfort thing. We wouldn't understand.

Posted by: Thinker_ | August 5, 2009 4:45 AM | Report abuse