Heyer Not Sure if He Can Play

Barry Svrluga sends further details on Stephon Heyer:

Heyer, who has a separated left shoulder that prohibited him from starting against Dallas, said he was unsure whether he would be able to play against the Eagles. Heyer, who was replaced on offense by veteran Jon Jansen, appeared on special teams and slightly re-injured his shoulder.

"I had a little minor setback," Heyer said. "My shoulder still hurts a little bit. As far as this week, I don't know."

...

Jason La Canfora reports

Just spoke briefly with Jason Taylor, who is moving better and in good spirits. It seems unlikely he will practice today - although I wouldn't rule it out - and will give a more comprehensive update on his condition to reporters Thursday.

Taylor is wearing what looks like a compression wrap on his left leg and has told coaches he wants to play as soon as possible. The Redskins are not ruling him out for this week. He had emergency surgery just over a week ago to relieve acute compartment syndrome.

...

La Canfora reports that Shawn Springs said he doesn't expect to practice today. The calf is still sore but, as we said earlier, he expects to play Sunday.

By Cindy Boren  |  October 1, 2008; 1:12 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Byron on Brian: "I Don't Think He'll Play"
Next: Predict Redskins vs. Eagles and QB vs. QB

Comments

Who's on ....?

Posted by: Stumped1 | October 1, 2008 1:26 PM | Report abuse

Bad news, followed by 2 good news's.

Hopefully cooler heads prevail regarding JT. Keep him out this week, even if he can go, and get him completely healthy.

Hopefully, Blache keeps the DL rotation going the rest of the year. Same with Zorn, on the RB rotation.

Cindy, whats the status of Malcolm Kelly?

Posted by: BeantownGreg | October 1, 2008 1:28 PM | Report abuse

Update:
Taylor is not in pads and is not practicing.

Posted by: Cindy Boren | October 1, 2008 1:29 PM | Report abuse

And Springs and Heyer, as we've said, are not in pads.

Posted by: Cindy Boren | October 1, 2008 1:31 PM | Report abuse

Hey guys,

Anybody know a good place to watch the game in Ocean City, MD?

Posted by: Hammertime44 | October 1, 2008 1:33 PM | Report abuse

Kelly is in full pads and appears ready to give it a full go...the 10-minute window in which we can report practice doings is about to close.

Posted by: Cindy Boren | October 1, 2008 1:34 PM | Report abuse

Doesn't seem necessary to rush JT or Heyer back. I think we shelf JT, Heyer, and Kelly. Bring them back at 100% for the stretch drive, when the games will mean so much more.

Posted by: ksquare | October 1, 2008 1:34 PM | Report abuse

Thanks Cindy. You're the best...

Posted by: BeantownGreg | October 1, 2008 1:35 PM | Report abuse

I have no problem with Springs not practicing this week or any for that matter.

Dude is a vet, brings it on Sundays, and our best corner.

It'll be sad to see him go after this year, unless they make him a SS.

I'd love to see Springs, LaRon and Horton in our "Cobra" package. Hopefully Rogers can be ready to be our #1 CB next year. If not there's always the draft and free agency.

Oh and I have a HUGE man crush on Jim Zorn, dude it the truth when it comes to playcalling.

Who started holding the play card in front of the mouth on the sidelines?

Posted by: RedDMV | October 1, 2008 1:36 PM | Report abuse

ksquare,
Wait a minute, I agree on everyone but Kelly.
Kelly should be ready by now.

Posted by: Stumped1 | October 1, 2008 1:37 PM | Report abuse

Cindy, storm coming through with big rain drops. Please tell Bubba to pull Kelly before a big rain drop shatters his rotator cuff or gives him a concussion. Thanks.

Skinz

Posted by: Gweez | October 1, 2008 1:37 PM | Report abuse

La Canfora also sez that he doesn't see Andre Carter or Fred Davis on the field. Carter was around for meetings and open locker room and was not listed on the injury report. We'll see what Zorn says after practice.

Posted by: Cindy Boren | October 1, 2008 1:40 PM | Report abuse

i can't believe the byron story on brian. either way he should not have said that in public. he's going to get in trouble with his own coach (zorn) or his brother's coach gonna be mad at his brother. that's an insider info. if it's true that gives skins an edge. and he doesn't need to repeat it to the media.

Posted by: dealer1 | October 1, 2008 1:40 PM | Report abuse

A storm? Really?

Posted by: Cindy Boren | October 1, 2008 1:41 PM | Report abuse

Hey guys,

Anybody know a good place to watch the game in Ocean City, MD?

Posted by: Hammertime44 | October 1, 2008 1:33 PM

Green Turtle on 120 something street is nice, or you can go to the Hooters.

Posted by: Flounder21 | October 1, 2008 1:42 PM | Report abuse

I say bench JT even if he's healthy. I like our balance of a D line tough against the run with a stout secondary covering against the pass. Taylor's nothing more than a prima donna and i get the feeling that he thinks the skins are lucky to have him. In reality, he's should be GRATEFUL to finally be on a playoff team that's capable of beating the first seed w/o him. JT just doesn't feel like a redskin.

Posted by: batigol85 | October 1, 2008 1:42 PM | Report abuse

I must alert the Capital Weather Gang!!!!

Posted by: Cindy Boren | October 1, 2008 1:44 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: dealer1

I can see why Reid would be unhappy, but why would Zorn care?

Posted by: alex35332 | October 1, 2008 1:44 PM | Report abuse

Davis is on the field now and La Canfora sez it is not storming there.

Posted by: Cindy Boren | October 1, 2008 1:44 PM | Report abuse

Carter had to leave suddenly. Team says he was excused.

Posted by: Cindy Boren | October 1, 2008 1:46 PM | Report abuse

Yeah, I would agree Stump. But Kelly has already shown up out of shape and not familiar enough with the playbook, as well as prone to nagging injury here or there.

Give him a few weeks to heal, become even more comfortable with the plays. Soup is doing such a great job of spreading the ball around, no need to rush him back.

Down the line.......he becomes another scary dimension in the red zone O.

Posted by: ksquare | October 1, 2008 1:46 PM | Report abuse

Benching JT is the dumbest thing I have seen on this blog. If the guy is 100% and gtg than play him, we need someone who can actually chace down McNabb and recognize a screen and get to the outside.

Posted by: alex35332 | October 1, 2008 1:47 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: dealer1 | October 1, 2008 1:40 PM

I thought the same thing when I read it.

But you could look at it three ways: Byron is pissed at Brian for being the better of the two (just an old example of sibbling rivarly), Brian had Byron put that out to the Redskins because Byron thinks he should play more, or Byron is trying to gain some PT from the coaches by giving the lowdown on his big bro.

Posted by: RedDMV | October 1, 2008 1:47 PM | Report abuse

I like Harpoon Hannah's on Fenwick Island:

Posted by: siris | October 1, 2008 1:47 PM | Report abuse

Or the Eagles are feeding the Redskins misinformation through the Westbrook brothers...

Posted by: siris | October 1, 2008 1:50 PM | Report abuse

ksquare - All the reasons you mentioned are precisely the reasons why Kelly should be full-go this week and this weekend. You don't learn or get in shape by sitting on the sideline.

Posted by: psps23 | October 1, 2008 1:52 PM | Report abuse

We had a downpour in Reston for about 5 minutes. I thought it might be on it's way to Ashburn.

If I interupted practice leading to a loss this weekend then that was a fake Skinz who managed to break through the registration process.

Posted by: Gweez | October 1, 2008 1:53 PM | Report abuse

Defense has looked good with or without Jason Taylor.

I think if he's healthy though I think you play him. I'd like to see him at LB a little --- the only person that should probably be benched is Marcus Washington.

Man, Marcus got old fast.

Posted by: RedDMV | October 1, 2008 1:54 PM | Report abuse

think there is a 100% chance Michael Westbrook won't play this weekend.

Posted by: PDiddy | October 1, 2008 1:22 PM |

I think there is a 100% chance PDiddy won't play this weekend,

Posted by Michael Westbrook October 1, 2008 1:54 PM

Posted by: Corkczar | October 1, 2008 1:55 PM | Report abuse

Forget Ashburn; it's going to storm HERE.
And there's a 1,000% chance Diddy plays this weekend.

Posted by: Cindy Boren | October 1, 2008 1:57 PM | Report abuse

I think there is a 100% chance that Sammy Baugh will not play.

Posted by: alex35332 | October 1, 2008 1:58 PM | Report abuse

+++I watched Jansen, and he really did play well. His pass blocking wasn't the greatest, and I think Zorn said he got walked back into the qb once or twice, but he played solid. Part of that, to me, is that I think he's a mean old bastard on the field. I think he enjoys run blocking, because it means he can take his guy and just grind him into dust.
RThomas played a heck of a game as well. Sometimes we forget that he missed most of last year as well...
Thats all I've got...
Posted by: BeantownGreg +++|

Good stuff it is, Beans....

Most NFL players come back as soon as they can, and at the NFL level, there is a huge difference between 90% recovered and 99%.

Look at the guys who were hurt for the skins last year and who many of us wrote off this year. That would be Rocky, Carlos, Jansen and R. Thomas. All came back “too soon” but played themselves in shape (Jansen in practice) and got healthier.

Now, as long as they STAY healthy, fans can expect good things from high pick players returning (or in Rocky and Carlos case) starting to achieve their potential.

Are you listening second round receiver picks?

Posted by: Corkczar | October 1, 2008 1:58 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: RedDMV | October 1, 2008 1:47 PM | Report abuse

Or Byron is reverse-misinforming the Eagles. He wants the Brian to think the Redskins don't think Brian will play so that the Eagles try their hardest to get a less-than-healthy Brian back out on the field, when in fact Byron is informing his team to fully expect Brian to play, giving Byron the advantage over Brian coming into the weekend.

Posted by: psps23 | October 1, 2008 1:58 PM | Report abuse

Rain should be staying to the East and South of the Burn.

Posted by: Stu27 | October 1, 2008 1:59 PM | Report abuse

I must alert the Capital Weather Gang!!!!

Posted by: Cindy Boren | October 1, 2008 1:44 PM | Report abuse

All this talk about gangs, Cindy I never new you were in a gang?

Posted by: GreatOne1 | October 1, 2008 1:59 PM | Report abuse

THANKS SKINZ!!!!

From PFT:

"Redskins Running back Clinton Portis's leg fell off while running off the practice field, trying to avoid the rain-storm that "gweez", formerly known as "skinz" claimed was on the way to the Redskins practice field"

Posted by: BeantownGreg | October 1, 2008 2:00 PM | Report abuse

+++People Philly's WR are not that good, we just faced TO, Miles Austin, Patrick Crayton. We also faced Anquan Boldin and Larry Fitzgerald and we shut them all down.
I am not buying Philly's recievers a rookie who has played well but who makes alot of boneheaded mistakes and two guys I have never heard of.—FLOUNDER+++

Dude stop whistling past the graveyard. For one thing, you’re wrong. And for another, it diminishes the accomplishments of the Redskins secondary. These aren’t punks they’ll be covering Sunday.

DeSean Jackson, made one “boneheaded” play, and a bad physical one. Unfortunately, he’s made up for it with some spectacular plays.

What concerns me is Springs is designed to cover big, strong receivers that he can push around and intimidate. Jackson isn’t that type.

Reggie Brown, a “guy you’ve never heard of” seems to play well against the Redskins.

Yes, these guys can be limited, and if Westbrook is out or ineffective, perhaps all but stopped.

But it’s not because the skins have an easy assignment. It’s because they rose to the occasion, something they’re becoming increasingly good at doing.

Posted by: Corkczar | October 1, 2008 2:01 PM | Report abuse

U work for the CIA psp?

Posted by: alex35332 | October 1, 2008 2:01 PM | Report abuse

i think that refusing to criticize jt is pretty dumb. he had a worthless game against the giants and only 1 sack on the season, which i think was when brees basically asked for it. I realize the whole team underperformed on the season opener, but it's not like DE's have a new system to learn. You may think he's good based on what he's done before, but it's hard to argue he's done anything more than little flashes for us. And again, we beet the cowboys without him so i'm not too concerned about keeping him on the sidelines.

Posted by: batigol85 | October 1, 2008 2:02 PM | Report abuse

It's beautiful in DC.

So are we having the parade on Constitution, Pennsylvania, or Independence?

They can finish it off at The Ellipse.

Posted by: RedDMV | October 1, 2008 2:02 PM | Report abuse

Who started holding the play card in front of the mouth on the sidelines?

Posted by: RedDMV | October 1, 2008 1:36 PM

Holmgren has done it that way for years. I don't know about anyone else.

Posted by: tafka | October 1, 2008 2:03 PM | Report abuse

Vicious rumor mongering by PFT. I categorically deny any wrong doing on my part. Twas an im poster. Get it im poster.....what uh...ok maybe I need some sleep.

Posted by: Gweez | October 1, 2008 2:06 PM | Report abuse

Tank Johnson had words for Washington's Rock Cartwright last week after the Redskins player did whatever it was he did on the Cowboys' midfield logo.

When Johnson was first told that Chad Ocho Cinco wants to kiss the star this weekend, Johnson just laughed. But he did offer some sage advice for No. 85.

"That's a lot of energy he's going to have to exert to do all that celebrating," Johnson said. "If he's got extra energy laying around to exert just celebrating, then more power to him.

"I don't know if I'd go on the star," Johnson added. "Hey, Chad's a good player. He's proven himself in this league. He's not the kind of player who would do anything childish. He'll do something fun, but it won't be childish."

Tank proves yet again he is a poor judge of characture.

Posted by: alex35332 | October 1, 2008 2:07 PM | Report abuse

NSA actually. (actually that's a lie too)

Posted by: psps23 | October 1, 2008 2:08 PM | Report abuse

batigol85 - JT was hurt in the Giants game. And his 1 sack is equal to the sack total of Andre Carter (who I don't hear you complaining about). Taylor's been fine, and will only be better as he gets healthier as the season moves along.

Posted by: psps23 | October 1, 2008 2:13 PM | Report abuse

WHY TAYLOR SHOULD NOT BE RUSHED BACK...

Written before Dallas Game for draftdog.com

"Taylor suffered what is being referred to as “Compartment Syndrome” after being kicked in the calf Sunday. In layman’s terms, his calf was bleeding internally, and the blood had no place to go. It filled up like a water balloon and had to be drained. It was so serious, that had Taylor waited, he might have suffered career-ending nerve damage.

No one seems sure how much time he will miss. Estimates range from an optimistic “one week” to “a month or two.” I might have some insights as to recovery time.

I went skiing while in college. And I ski with the grace and elegance of an orangutan tumbling down a flight of stairs. I was also stupider than I am now—honest—and didn’t let a little thing like incompetence keep me off slopes I had no business attempting.

Since I didn’t even know how to snowplough, and because I figured colliding with other skiers, trees, or chairlift stanchions was a bad thing, I came up with a technique for stopping. I fell.

I fell on my hip and then skidded to a halt. I got up again and skied on until I was going too fast again, at which point, I hit the slopes (literally) again.

Don’t know how many times I fell, but since conditions were icy, it was more than was healthy for the human hip. As I readied myself for Après Ski—the only reason for going skiing—I discovered what had once been a normal-size hip had become a warm, red, sidesaddle, My hearthside come on: “Hey, baby, wanna go to my room and see my swollen hip?” was somehow rejected...

I raced over to the nearest hospital, where they used a cartoon-size needle and filled a quart jug with claret. I could have made a Bloody Mary from it as I had self-anesthetized with Vodka before seeking treatment.

I was given antibiotics and bandages, and told to change the dressing every few days. It’s been a few years, but if memory serves it took a couple of weeks to get better. And here’s where there is a lesson for Mr. Taylor.

I felt like a normal human. In my case, however, I thought wrestling around at the fraternity house a “normal” activity. I don’t recall re-injuring myself but shortly afterwards I was in agony with the same hip re-swollen to its previous dimensions. It was Deja Dummy all over again and I had to get re-drained.

A few more visits like that and I could start my own saloon, but it hurt, so this time I did nothing more physical than twiddling my thumbs for a month. Never had the problem again. I also never skied again, which proved I was getting smarter....

Posted by: Corkczar | October 1, 2008 2:13 PM | Report abuse

+++Who started holding the play card in front of the mouth on the sidelines?

Posted by: RedDMV | October 1, 2008 1:36 PM+++

Marcel Marceau.

Posted by: Corkczar | October 1, 2008 2:15 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: alex35332 | October 1, 2008 1:47 PM |

I couldn't agree more! Jtaylor is the real deal and we need him out there healthy. I think he's going to be a huge difference maker down the stretch. He's gotta feel rejuvinated (minus the injuries) being here on a solid team thats better than anyone could have hoped.

Posted by: crzyvgs | October 1, 2008 2:16 PM | Report abuse

Gee psps, you're more than a spin artist than I. Good stuff, homie.

I don't know about you but I got my education from the JLC School of Journalism. Sort of like the Connecticut School of Broadcasting. Like PG Community College/UDC/NOVA.

Posted by: RedDMV | October 1, 2008 2:17 PM | Report abuse

Who started holding the play card in front of the mouth on the sidelines?

Posted by: RedDMV | October 1, 2008 1:36 PM

Holmgren has done it that way for years. I don't know about anyone else.

Posted by: tafka | October 1, 2008 2:03 PM | Report abuse

I'm pretty sure Nervous Norv Turner was the first. Something about when at Dallas, they used to have people reading lips.

Posted by: notthecrochunter | October 1, 2008 2:18 PM | Report abuse

NSA actually. (actually that's a lie too)

Posted by: psps23 | October 1, 2008 2:08 PM

So let me guess either the MIB or Department of BS, or as I call it the white house press core.

Posted by: alex35332 | October 1, 2008 2:19 PM | Report abuse

yeah carter has 1 sack, but teams don't target him with the run (basis for my original complaint). JT was injured, agreed, but who knows how long it'll take him to fully recover. the fact that he's repeatedly tried to rush back onto the field prematurely is odd coming from a veteran and shows questionable judgment. it also casts doubt on his condition when reclaiming his starting position. What i think is interesting is how effective our team is without sacks and instead emphasizing run D.

Posted by: batigol85 | October 1, 2008 2:21 PM | Report abuse

ksq,
If Kelly takes any more time off he'll for get what position he plays (Hey, does he return punts?).

Based on what we know, he's already extended the recup period. I'm sure he's dying to get out on the field.

You gonna hold him out of the Philly game so he can suit up to play St Louis?

I just don't get it.

Posted by: Stumped1 | October 1, 2008 2:21 PM | Report abuse

You know it killed Doc Z to have to write it.

As for JT, if he can go he will, if not they will hold him. Div games are important to be sure but not at the expense of having him for 3 very winnable coming up.

Posted by: Gweez | October 1, 2008 2:25 PM | Report abuse

Skinz, correction, we WISH it killed zim, after writing it....

I kid, I kid......

Posted by: BeantownGreg | October 1, 2008 2:27 PM | Report abuse

Diddy is definitely a Player.

Of course, what he said about Norv going 7-1 was a total buzz kill, but rest assured, Diddy is a player. And he'll play, even if he's a little dinged up. And the rookies fans will stare at him in disbelief.

Don't believe me...ask Nate.

Posted by: Stumped1 | October 1, 2008 2:28 PM | Report abuse

Kelly doesnt return punts but Thomas does. Might be a way to get thomas more involved because ARE isnt getting it done right now(although they tried it in pre-season and didnt work to well). One knock on Kelly coming out of the draft was his health/fraility and it looks like they were right. That being said I still think he will help us down the road especially in the redzone on fade routes like the one moss couldnt get his feet down against dallas.

Posted by: crzyvgs | October 1, 2008 2:28 PM | Report abuse

+++Who started holding the play card in front of the mouth on the sidelines?

Posted by: RedDMV | October 1, 2008 1:36 PM+++

Marcel Marceau.

Posted by: Corkczar | October 1, 2008 2:15 PM | Report abuse

The mime artist? Okay, Cork...

Cork, you're an okay dude, but this is what I mean regarding humour and me on this blog.

Posted by: RedDMV | October 1, 2008 2:31 PM | Report abuse

crz, Thomas returns kicks, not punts. This has been discussed in great depth recently.

I'd give that duty to Thrash if anyone.

Posted by: BeantownGreg | October 1, 2008 2:32 PM | Report abuse

"Gee psps, you're more than a spin artist than I. Good stuff, homie."

To me, it all comes back to the poker table. You know, when there's that @sshole who yells out his hand before the bets are completed just to confuse everybody. In the end, nothing that's said can be taken at face value until gameday arrives.

Posted by: psps23 | October 1, 2008 2:32 PM | Report abuse

Forget the idea of thrash returning punts. I dont see that as an improvement. Didnt tryon return punts or was that kickoffs as well?

Posted by: crzyvgs | October 1, 2008 2:35 PM | Report abuse

I love the card-holding-in-front-of-face-to-prevent-lipreading thing. It's just so paranoid, so quaint, so patently absurd. Like some kind of retro cat and mouse game is happening, this incredibly crude method (card in front of face) being used to counter some archaic spy methodology (lipreading).

Well, I guess especially now, in the Belichik era, you can't rule out any method of cheating, no matter how obvious or low-tech it might seem.

Posted by: NateinthePDX | October 1, 2008 2:37 PM | Report abuse

Okay you have only the Cardinals, Bengals, Rams, Raiders, and Lions to root for. Who do you choose and why?

Posted by: RedDMV | October 1, 2008 2:38 PM | Report abuse

Hey guys,

Anybody know a good place to watch the game in Ocean City, MD?

Posted by: Hammertime44 | October 1, 2008 1:33 PM | Report abuse

If you don't mind the drive you should go to the Starboard at Dewey Beach. Lots of skins fans there, plus one of the bouncers played for the skins back in the day. Reggie something, can't remember his last name.

Posted by: isonic1 | October 1, 2008 2:38 PM | Report abuse

crz, I'd just like not to be risking the health of the #2 WR on the team in this aspect.

Posted by: BeantownGreg | October 1, 2008 2:39 PM | Report abuse

Agreed...no reason to hold Kelly back if he's ready. He has said he is dying to play, but he hurt his ankle after coming back from a knee problem. Dude just seems a bit brittle.

If we were struggling in the red zone or unable to score points--clearly not the case--I could understand the urgency. Plus, is coming back against St. Louis really that bad?

I just feel like we can take Philly w/o Kelly is all....

Posted by: ksquare | October 1, 2008 2:40 PM | Report abuse

I just feel like we can take Philly w/o Kelly is all....

Posted by: ksquare | October 1, 2008 2:40 PM | Report abuse

okay so let's say everything byron said is true. jim zorn would be mad because now the iggles are going to know that brian is giving their opponent insider info and tell brian not to give out any inside info to ANYONE not even his brother. and that in turn would make his brother mad at him too...so no mo inside info from a division foe's most lethal weapon.

i honestly don't know how big of a deal this is to the iggles. but all i know is byron should've kept his mouth shut to the media about his brother's status.

yeah...benching JT comment is so lame. i was never for giving up the 2nd rounder not even now (unless there's a superbowl ring at the end of this year) but to not play a good pass rusher in pass only situations is crazy. bruce f'ing smith at the age of 40 had 11 or 13 sacks that one year...

Posted by: dealer1 | October 1, 2008 2:41 PM | Report abuse

Thanks for your well-wishes, ebrebody!

The way I look at Skins/Boys weekends now is either I get a win or really great sex!

woo hoo!

Posted by: DikShuttle | October 1, 2008 2:42 PM | Report abuse

A article on Zorn by Jason Cole from yahoo.com.

A tid-bit:

Some 30 years ago, under a beautiful blue sky on a remote lake near Seattle, then-Seahawks quarterback Jim Zorn had taken his future wife, Joy, out on a boat. As Joy recalls, the moment was at the edge of “really romantic” when Zorn leaned over to say something to her.

“I’m there on the boat, no purse, nothing, and Jim says, ‘Joy, I hate to tell you this, but you have really bad breath,’ ” Joy said. “I have no mints, nothing I can do about it. It ruined the whole evening. I’m like, ‘Gee whiz, you could have given me some mints or offered me some gum or just not say anything’ ”
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Like I said earlier, I have a man crush on Zorn, and I'm okay with that.

Posted by: RedDMV | October 1, 2008 2:42 PM | Report abuse

i'm kinda scared about the st. louis game...jim haslett had some good years in NOLA...he's no chump and neither's stephen jackson or tore holt (is he playing for them or the lions?)...that team might be a lil too pumped up to play for jim haslet.

Posted by: dealer1 | October 1, 2008 2:46 PM | Report abuse

Nobody should question our P Diddy at this point. The other P Diddy, I can't vouch for.

And I believe the storm this weekend will be in Philly. Hey, Eagles, the forecast calls for pain.

Posted by: NateinthePDX | October 1, 2008 2:46 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: BeantownGreg

I agree dont, get me wrong, I just feel like were missing some explosion their in the return game and maybe the answer isnt on our team. Who knows. It's those little things that make the difference on teams.

Posted by: crzyvgs | October 1, 2008 2:46 PM | Report abuse

Red,
That WAS Funnny!

Posted by: Stumped1 | October 1, 2008 2:47 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: RedDMV
To me I look at a few things, FO, Players I dislike, stadium quality and coolness of uniforms.

Front office/ownership: The Lions and Raiders have old crazy people runing things at this point. Ram's need an owner and no problem with AZ's owner, AZ gets the point.

Players: Lions and AZ lose, I hate the qb's that where their religion on their sleve as many know, or in Kitnas case his forhead. Winer Raiders

Stadiums: I hate all domes but 1 and that one is Detroit's. But got to go with Oakland for this because rain is part of the game.

Coolness of unies is a tie between Oakland, Detroit and Stl., but I like the Rams helmets more than any other in the NFL.

So that leaves, it at Oakland wining with 2/4 and Stl and AZ getting 1/4 each.

Posted by: alex35332 | October 1, 2008 2:47 PM | Report abuse

"dying to play"

I might use different words if I were as injury-prone as this young fellow seems to be.

Posted by: NateinthePDX | October 1, 2008 2:51 PM | Report abuse

"‘Joy, I hate to tell you this, but you have really bad breath,’"
-z man

THAT is the funniest thing i've read so far LMAO!!!!

we HAVE to start a list at this point of zorn's quotes...zorny quotes...

"Be Excellent!", "Marroon and black", "raiders-seahawks"...

Posted by: dealer1 | October 1, 2008 2:51 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: ksquare | October 1, 2008 2:52 PM | Report abuse

Dealer,

Chris Cooley keeps a list of them in his note pad, I bet if you asked a few times on his blog he would spill some good ones.

Posted by: alex35332 | October 1, 2008 2:53 PM | Report abuse

hip hip hoorray!
"joy, you have bad breath"

Posted by: dealer1 | October 1, 2008 2:53 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: ksquare | October 1, 2008 2:54 PM | Report abuse

Sounds like Horton has a good head on his shoulders!

Posted by: DikShuttle | October 1, 2008 3:01 PM | Report abuse

Crazy I did not know Horton lost his great grandfather to Hurican Katrina.

Posted by: alex35332 | October 1, 2008 3:05 PM | Report abuse

So Dik,
Did you lose your Amazingness and the fab lounge in the marriage or was that a casualty of registration?

Posted by: alex35332 | October 1, 2008 3:07 PM | Report abuse

Lol - probably some of both, Alex.

You shoulda seen the pics on the myspace BEFORE bootz & I hooked up... woah!

Posted by: DikShuttle | October 1, 2008 3:15 PM | Report abuse

Alex, if it's broken down like how you did it i'll go with:

Front office/ownership: Indeed all these teams FO and ownership is a complete mess. The Rams hire Haslett as their head coach when their defense is ranked 31st in the league. The Lions are trying but they still let Matt Millen hold post until a couple of weeks ago, when they should've dumped him after the '05 season. The Bengals just keep on keepin' on with the trend with the signing of Cedric Benson. Raiders? Nuff said. And the Cardinals don't spend any money on anyone except Fritzgearld. So I guess i'll go Cards with this one.

Players: Rams have NO defense at ALL. Name me one player besides Chris Long. Didn't think so. You can throw the Bengals in there with the Rams as far as defense IMO. Just try and name one. The Lions are just a little better at defense than either the Rams or Bengals, but I like their offense way better than Rams or Bengals (yeah the Bengals). The Cardinals I rank second because they do have a nasty d-line and a good offense. But their defensive secondary is pure trash. LB's aren't all that better. Boldin, Fritzgearld, James, Warner are the rocks on offense. Hell you can throw in Breaston also as someone to watch for. Make mine the Raiders. Decent to good defense. Improving QB with an AT4 attached to his shoulder. THREE starting RB's in McFadden, Bush, and Fargas. Young and improving o-line.

Stadiums: I agree you must play in the elements. Some of my favorite games to watch are when it's snowing like crazy during the game (Tuck rule game). So I'd go with the Bengals because they have it all -- wind, rain, chill, snow, sunshine, fog.

Uniforms: Again, gotta go with the Bengals. Alex, you play Madden, so you know the different types of uniforms they have on there. Not including uniforms from the early 90's on back, they have 7 or 8, right?

Posted by: RedDMV | October 1, 2008 3:16 PM | Report abuse

beep beep

Posted by: dealer1 | October 1, 2008 3:22 PM | Report abuse

Obviously we are going to loose more than one game while a win this week would be great, I would rather get a loss to Philly on the road out of the way, then loose one to say StLouis, Cleveland, or Detroit.

Posted by: wstclair | October 1, 2008 3:43 PM | Report abuse

Why is everyone high on Heyer, he can't runblock or passblock. He may have had 2 good games and one was preseason. Mel Kipper even said he was not drafted because the ACC defensive linemen had a feild day on this guy, he has shown me nothing and he will show you guys what a bum he is. No toughness.

Posted by: stephenwilson2003@yahoo.com | October 2, 2008 10:10 AM | Report abuse