Hoping to Return, Golston Ready to Play

Paul Tenorio reports:

Redskins defensive tackle Kedric Golston will be a restricted free agent at the end of the season, but with one game left, the third-year veteran said Thursday he is not worrying about what will come in the offseason.

"Those things work themselves out," Golston said. "All I can do is be the best employee I can be, the best husband [and] father, and all that stuff will take care of itself."

Golston, who missed last week's 10-3 victory over the Philadelphia Eagles with bone spurs in his ankle, also said he expects to be ready to play in San Francisco.

"I should be able to [play], I think the main thing is just keep the inflammation down out of it and keep strengthening it and I think it'll be fine," Golston said. "It's hard to say. Definitely rest is the key because it'll flare back up on me, but it looks good."

By Cindy Boren  |  December 26, 2008; 12:18 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Perfect Attendance
Next: Holiday Week in TCCLS

Comments

Kedric is one of my favs on the team. Hopefully we retain him.

Posted by: Gweez | December 26, 2008 12:23 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: jrb947 | December 26, 2008 12:56 PM | Report abuse

Maybe she can convince Marion Berry to do a chat? RLMAO

"No chat this week Boren? I understand JLC may be taking a break, but can't the Mayor take toll and do a chat. I think the mayor needs to step up and do a chat!!"

Posted by: periculum | December 26, 2008 1:00 PM | Report abuse

This is going to be a very, very tough game. They could get blown out if they don't show up ready to go.

Posted by: periculum | December 26, 2008 1:01 PM | Report abuse

I heard Singletary is coaching this game pantless

Posted by: MadDog20201 | December 26, 2008 1:05 PM | Report abuse

Re: the Malcolm Kelly post of earlier....

I can understand not wanting to play someone who is not "up to speed" because it will hurt the team.

The Redskins and Kelly can give all of the excuses they want (injuries, etc.), but I personally find the explanation of a player not being familiar enough with the playbook or the gameplan at the end of the season to be COMPLETELY unnacceptable.

Either the coaches, Kelly, or both have to take some blame for that. If they don't, then the basic message is that it is acceptable to be around an NFL team for an entire season and still not be "up to speed" enough for a game.

Unbelievable to me.

Posted by: snoopylad | December 26, 2008 1:14 PM | Report abuse

Memories anyone?

Name the best Redskins vs. 'Niners game from the decade of the 1980s.

Of course, you'll have to research this yourselves as the kind replay centric folks at the NFL Network can only give us Dallas Cowboys re-tread games.

Why did the world need to see--again--this season's Sept. Cowboys' vs. Eagles game on Christmas night?

My prayer is for the Iggles to beat the Cowboys this weekend so the 'football pundits' get to spend next week explaining why a team with 13 pro bowlers choked--again--behind its overrated q-back.

Posted by: MistaMoe | December 26, 2008 1:38 PM | Report abuse

Kedric is one of my favs on the team. Hopefully we retain him.

Posted by: Gweez | December 26, 2008 12:23 PM

But aren't you on the 'we need a more pass rush/pressure' bandwagon?

Posted by: DaReal4th | December 26, 2008 1:49 PM | Report abuse

I definitely like Golston as well. He is a real team player and I think that he would be great to keep in the locker room. I believe that the Redskins should sign him to a modest deal.

Posted by: NCMatt1 | December 26, 2008 1:53 PM | Report abuse

Seriously skinz just cuz we know these guys from scrap heap don't mean they're any good. Off the top of my head list of starters skins won't even get a 5th ronder for if they were to be traded:

1. Jc (yeah, I put him up there first for a purpose!!!)
2. Monty