How Many Carries for CP?

If it's me and I am facing this defense in this heat in this game, I am riding Betts. He was the second most productive back in the NFL in the final 7-8 weeks of last season and he's in great shape and worked hard all preseason.

I'd use him as my workhorse and use Clinton to spell him. But Gibbs is married to Portis as his starter, however nominal the title may be - becasue he also admits that Betts will probably rush more times than the "starter" - so, what do you guys think CP can handle?

Do you ease him into the game - especially with a guy like Betts right there - or do you believe that he's the CP of old and can run 20-25 times?

Will be interesting to see.

By Jason La Canfora  |  September 9, 2007; 11:18 AM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Oh, Happy Day!
Next: Inactives

Comments

Aaack - more Fantasy talk?! I do agree that you ride Betts some here. But I actually think, since the Phins will be expecting this, they'll focus on the pass!

At least that's what I got listening to Santana Moss... not that he's biased towards the passing game or anything.

Jasno, any indication of a gameplan from the 'skins?

Posted by: The AMAZING Dik Shuttle | September 9, 2007 11:31 AM | Report abuse

12 carries for CP

Posted by: Sal Tynuts | September 9, 2007 11:43 AM | Report abuse

From a fantasy persepctive, this RBBC is going to become very frustrating. I cannot see a nominal starter of Portis' capability not getting starter carries. For fantasy players, the unpredicatability of this situation will drive them crazy.

From a Skins perspective, whatever works.

www.faketeams.com

Posted by: Fake Teams | September 9, 2007 11:43 AM | Report abuse

I see CP getting 10-15 carries and a TD. But with only two TEs and one FB, prolly see a lot of 3 WR sets.

Posted by: bangkokben | September 9, 2007 11:44 AM | Report abuse

I agree w/ Fake Teams! Let's abolish the NFL, it's getting in the way of our fantasy stats... lmgo

Oh - and I have the ultra horrible graphic for AREA 51 - Lust for May Hens!

Posted by: Dik | September 9, 2007 11:53 AM | Report abuse

Lemme try that link again.. if it'll let me...

yeah, that's better ;-)

Posted by: Dik | September 9, 2007 11:55 AM | Report abuse

Dic does graphic art;
The may hens are now smiling,
Abducted fans cheer.

Posted by: Haiku Alien | September 9, 2007 12:41 PM | Report abuse

JLC,

"Gibbs is married to Portis" ???

Why the anti-Skins attitude??

Seems more and more the Post Sports desk sits around looking for ways to slam the Skins...not sure why...

Posted by: Jay | September 9, 2007 1:16 PM | Report abuse

My my my.....it's now confirmed that you don't know jack!

Go Clinton! Go Betts! Go Gibbs!

Posted by: FW | September 9, 2007 7:44 PM | Report abuse

I'm thinking 17 carries for 98 yards and a TD.

Posted by: Redcoat | September 10, 2007 7:47 AM | Report abuse

Good thing I didn't listen to this advice, and neither did Gibbs. Portis, running with a chip on his shoulder? Any team would start him.

Posted by: Terry | September 10, 2007 10:40 AM | Report abuse

I was encouraged by the fact that the offense,defense, and special teams can play better than they did aginst the phins.
But the eagles are a very different (and better)team.

Posted by: skin dog | September 10, 2007 11:20 AM | Report abuse

Ha, some crow on that one, eh? There's a reason Gibbs likes Portis -- *and* a reason he likes Betts just a little bit less. Fun to watch. Redskin football was back for a week.

Posted by: worstSeat | September 10, 2007 1:07 PM | Report abuse