How Others Saw It and the Spags Affair

Dan Steinberg has the 360 on how others saw last night's game. Of particular interest to you will be Mike Garafalo's take on a certain matter:

Okay, I've had about enough of [Vinny Cerrato] and owner Dan Snyder telling the media they didn't offer the job to Spags in February. Last night, Andrea Kremer reported Cerrato also told him they didn't have a good feel for Spags. Baloney! You want to know what happened? Spags mulled things over for a night with his wife, Maria, and thought to himself, "Hmmm, something's not right with this job." (Yeah, I know what it was - the guys that were offering it.) So, according to sources, Cerrato and Snyder told Spags not to make them look bad when he turned down the job, which Spags never planned to do, I'm sure. So what happens? A few minutes after news breaks that Spags said no, the AP in Washington reports, according to a source (Do I even have to spell out for you who that source could have been?) both sides agreed Spags isn't ready to be a head coach. One more time: Baloney! If Spags wanted that job, it was his. And he continues to take the high road while Cerrato and Snyder are trying to rewrite their revisionist history book. Keep trying, boys. And keep trying to build a successful team with that kind of approach to things.

By Cindy Boren  |  September 5, 2008; 4:19 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Springs, Smoot Should Be Ready for Saints
Next: Smoot Shoots for Home Opener

Comments

a=ha !!!!

Posted by: Numero Dos | September 5, 2008 4:39 PM | Report abuse

Vinny and Danny are rats?? No never would believe it.

Posted by: Skinz | September 5, 2008 4:39 PM | Report abuse

I thought is was B-O-L-O-G-N-A ?

Posted by: Oscar Meyer | September 5, 2008 4:39 PM | Report abuse

Is it possible that we could be so stupid to think we could fool people with this garbage?

I think we've been surrounded by too many "yes men"

fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again."

Posted by: Vindan Snyderrato | September 5, 2008 4:41 PM | Report abuse

You're practically FOAMING at the mouth over this loss, J-la. LOL.

Posted by: Greg | September 5, 2008 4:43 PM | Report abuse

I don't know where to start...

First off to all the people here that say preseason means nothing... now what?

To everyone waiting for the light to come on for Jason Campbell forget about it it aint happenin...

He is who we thought he was...

Posted by: trailblazer302 | September 5, 2008 4:45 PM | Report abuse

They didn't let him off the hook though?

Posted by: Anonymous | September 5, 2008 4:46 PM | Report abuse

I started FOAMING at the mouth, after that truck hit me last night.

Posted by: L. Landry | September 5, 2008 4:46 PM | Report abuse

So, according to "sources", Cerrato and Snyder told Spags not to make them look bad when he turned down the job, which Spags never planned to do, I'm sure.

Lots of speculation, lots of unnamed sources. Call me unconvinced.

More axe grinding by jla, big surprise...

Posted by: Concrete | September 5, 2008 4:49 PM | Report abuse

This kind of S H I T is just plain stupid and does not even deserve a comment.

Posted by: Leevi | September 5, 2008 4:52 PM | Report abuse

More axe grinding by jla, big surprise...

Posted by: Concrete

Dumbass, that was not his columb but another reporter from another paper.

Posted by: 35332 | September 5, 2008 4:53 PM | Report abuse

Not saying I don't believe it or that it is impossible, but who is Mike Garafolo and why do I care what some guy who writes for NJ.com has to say?

Posted by: Ehren | September 5, 2008 4:55 PM | Report abuse

Go ahead trolls take your time to figure out how what someone else wrote was JLC's words.

Posted by: Alex35332 | September 5, 2008 4:55 PM | Report abuse

Extreme4skinners have reading comprehension issues - that was Garafalo's take.

Posted by: Danny Girl | September 5, 2008 4:55 PM | Report abuse

Lots of speculation, lots of unnamed sources. Call me unconvinced.

More axe grinding by jla, big surprise...

Posted by: Concrete | September 5, 2008 4:49 PM

Thanks for chiming in Larry.

Posted by: Ehren | September 5, 2008 4:55 PM | Report abuse

dumbass, figure it out, JLA has an axe to grind, and anything he can do to try and make the team look bad, he'll do.

This was written by a writer for a NJ paper, the whole thing was SLANTED towards Spags. How can ANYTHING be confirmed, its all mere speculation, while JLA treats it like its undeniable.

Posted by: Anonymous | September 5, 2008 4:56 PM | Report abuse

I've done so much, with so little.

Posted by: R. Doughty | September 5, 2008 4:56 PM | Report abuse

Portis looked good, Moss had a TD, Landry shook off that hit, Smoot had a pickle. We'll get better because we have good players. Don't panic.

Posted by: Nickels | September 5, 2008 4:57 PM | Report abuse

Remember when the draft rolled around and people were pleading to pick some Defensive lineman.

Yeah, that would have been a good call.

Why is it that after our 1st offensive play of the game was over I had my head buried in my hands?

I also loved when the announcers faulted Heyer for the sack, when the right side created a wall and Campbell ran into the defender.

Freaking genius!!!

Why does Campbell look lost every time the camera was on him?

Posted by: gatorskinz2000 | September 5, 2008 4:58 PM | Report abuse

WHO POSTED IT? Cindy.
WHO WROTE IT? Mike Garafalo
WHY DO YOU ASSUME ITS JLC? Envy

Posted by: Alex35332 | September 5, 2008 4:58 PM | Report abuse

Off to an expensive dinner and to see Wishful Drinking, everyone have a good weekend and stay dry Saturday.

Posted by: Alex35332 | September 5, 2008 5:00 PM | Report abuse

And you will recall that we reported all of this back when it happened. Just sharing the take from Newark.

Posted by: Cindy | September 5, 2008 4:57 PM

Which of course came from Ja La, so it's like a small, closed circle jerk.

Look, I'm not saying it didn't happen exactly like this. It probably did. I'm just saying that this is hardly independent confirmation.

Posted by: d-bag | September 5, 2008 5:00 PM | Report abuse

Everything has gone wrong since those dang body thetans invaded the team. it took Joe Gibbs months and a massive god-off to get us back to clear. but we can't out run danny's karma.

can we get a new owner along with a new president. or does the continued existence and ineptitude of Snyder/Cerratto foretell a mcCain/Palin win?

Posted by: pindar | September 5, 2008 5:00 PM | Report abuse

Who cares who said what 6 months ago -- time to move on as Spags wasn't hired as Head Coach and ultimately that's a legitimate decision for the owner not the press or fans...

My game analysis:

* The Giants were much better than expected.
* The Skins defense is good and should improve as players get healthy and in game shape.
* The Skins passing offense needs improvement. The QB needs to make faster decisions and the WRs need to run better routes. Their running game will improve as the offense becomes more balanced.
* The Skins special teams are better than last year.
* The Skins offensive play calling, execution, and clock management need improvement.
* The Skins have a brutal schedule to work out the offensive kinks that should have been rectified in the pre-season.
* I'm officially lowering my season expectations from a ridiculous 11-5 to 6-10

Posted by: Siris | September 5, 2008 5:01 PM | Report abuse

Just wanted to say I'm 9 years old and I'm taller!!!!!!!

Posted by: I'm 5'6" | September 5, 2008 5:02 PM | Report abuse

Clearly Mike Garafalo of the New Jersey paper has an axe to grind with the Redskins Front Office. After all, why would a journalist write something negative about such a well run organization?

Posted by: F the JLa Haters | September 5, 2008 5:02 PM | Report abuse

Why does Campbell look lost every time the camera was on him?

Posted by: gatorskinz2000 | September 5, 2008 4:58 PM

I give up. To confuse the scouts from New Orleans?

Posted by: talent evaluator | September 5, 2008 5:02 PM | Report abuse

Today Redskin Nation.. I am embarressed to be a Redskins fan.

Posted by: Leevi | September 5, 2008 5:04 PM | Report abuse

Why does Campbell look lost every time the camera was on him?

Posted by: gatorskinz2000 | September 5, 2008 4:58 PM

I give up. To confuse the scouts from New Orleans?

Posted by: talent evaluator | September 5, 2008 5:02 PM

Cause he sucks! and is lost! COLT COLT COLT!

Posted by: Leevi | September 5, 2008 5:05 PM | Report abuse

Im kind of glad they did not hire Spaguolo... How much more experience does he have then Zorn? Not much.... A better choice would have been Gregg Williams of course and keeping Al Saunders for one more year before cleaning house next year if they had a bad year. What do you do now if Zorn goes 5-11?
By the way Fu$% George W. McCain!!!!

Posted by: Obama is da Man!!! | September 5, 2008 5:07 PM | Report abuse

How can Snyder be financially successful when he fails miserably at basically every other facet of life? We're stuck with him for like the next 40-50 years.

Posted by: Carl Williams | September 5, 2008 5:08 PM | Report abuse

I agree with D-Bag.

Spags is the Gem of Gems since the SB so ofcourse Kremer and Garfoulo will believe whatever Spags has told them. It is too much incomplete info. And it's water under the bridge at this point in time.

And Cindy, we don't even know if you and Garafaulo share the same source. Then it is the same article from another paper. Not a differnet view from a different source.

I may be called a Snyderato apologist, but what eva......

Why not chase a real story, such as, how the fans rejected Fossil as the HC for the skins. Now if you can get some real juice on that, tha would be nice. I don't care about Spags and I'm glad they didn't hop on that....

Posted by: 4th | September 5, 2008 5:10 PM | Report abuse

I don't understand why anyone is defending D. Snyder and V. Cerrato. They're running this thing into the ground. The only question is how long will it last and how deep will the hole be?

Let's face it, the personnel on this team is terrible. There are no weapons (the worst receiving corp in th league), and their are two really elite defensive players: fletcher and landry. And what good is an elite safety when you can't pressure the qb and you rely on him to stop the run. That's exactly why Skins should have taken that defensive tackle out of L'Ville 1 year ago.

Prediction: We'll be luck to be 4-12 this year.

Posted by: M.E.G. | September 5, 2008 5:14 PM | Report abuse

by the way, Cerrato is a pathological liar. Nothing but B.S. comes out of his mouth.

Posted by: M.E.G. | September 5, 2008 5:15 PM | Report abuse

I absolutely believe these stories about Snyder. Go read "Next Man Up"

Posted by: WHat? Who? | September 5, 2008 5:15 PM | Report abuse

SHHHHHH...I hear Cowart just might be coming to town in Feb.

Posted by: Leevi | September 5, 2008 5:16 PM | Report abuse

Another quote from Spags story:

*Redskins QB Jason Campbell. It's "One, two, three, throw." Not "One, two, three, pat, pat, pat, Oh my God, where did this guy come from?! Time to chuck a wild one!"

Posted by: Anonymous | September 5, 2008 5:16 PM | Report abuse

Its obvious that Mike Garafalo is Jasno using a fake name to not only supplement his income with a 2nd job, but to also have another avenue to bash Danny & Vinny. Ima on to you Jasno!

Posted by: Ima Stoopid | September 5, 2008 5:17 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Carl Williams | September 5, 2008 5:08 PM
---------------------------------------------
tech bubble. he started a sketchy data mining company which got bought. everything else has been a failure (6 flags, johnny rockets, tom cruise).

i dont care what people say, dude has single handedly destroyed a once great organization and regional institution through inept decision making, price gouging and overall dbaginess.

Posted by: FreeDC | September 5, 2008 5:17 PM | Report abuse

Andy Polly had a GREAT IDEA and I don't mind advancing it:

Sonny killed JZ when interviewing him after the game about clock management and Zorn said there was plenty of time (8 mins he said) and JZ said they can get big chunks if need be. JZ also said if the Skins scored, they didn't want to give the giants TOO MUCH TIME ON THE CLOCK.

Andy said he thinks that maybe Zorn thought he was down by only 8 instead of 9, which wouuld only require a one posseision to tie.

That is how they were playing and I am kind of believing it by the way JZ was acting. You can look on redskins.com and see this interview for yourself.

We need an Ass't HC who knows how to/when to call TOs and understand clock Management. Also, when to go for 2. Maybe even when to pass past the 1st down marker.

Thoughts?

Posted by: 4th | September 5, 2008 5:18 PM | Report abuse

The constant front office bashing by JLa/the Post is really getting ridiculous.

Posted by: Rusty | September 5, 2008 5:18 PM | Report abuse

Holy Shti!!!

Czaban just said on 980 that Reed Doughtery is half deaf!!!!

Posted by: Not Anonymous | September 5, 2008 5:20 PM | Report abuse

Anyone heard the new WJFK radio sports ad? F-ing hilarious. Goes something like this:

"Dan Snyder is the most hated man in Washington Sports, and now he owns [various sports radio stations]...What a F***ing D*** (with the words half-beeped out but still clear). Real Redskins coverage here on WJFK"

I was howling in the car when I heard this.

Posted by: Anonymous | September 5, 2008 5:20 PM | Report abuse

The 'skins came out VERY FLAT. I don't blame Zorn, or Snyder, or Cerrato, or Madonna or anyone else.

I blame that platehead, Skippy:

"Skippy have been asked by Head Coach-for-Now Zim Jorn to give this Motivationary Speak to you Redskims before tonight’s game."

Posted by: Corkczar | September 5, 2008 5:20 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Anonymous | September 5, 2008 5:22 PM | Report abuse

Botta click on the first link in the thread. Great article, wish we could get something like that here. But alas, we're stuck with JLaCa$$.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | September 5, 2008 5:22 PM | Report abuse

*Gotta*

Posted by: scampbell1975 | September 5, 2008 5:23 PM | Report abuse

I was howling in the car when I heard this.

Posted by: Anonymous | September 5, 2008 5:20 PM

--------------
I know! They also preface their lead-ins with saying they are giving "uncensored" Redskin coverage!

Posted by: Anonymous | September 5, 2008 5:23 PM | Report abuse

What team is J La a fan of?

Posted by: sickcuz | September 5, 2008 5:24 PM | Report abuse

Thoughts?

Posted by: 4th | September 5, 2008 5:18 PM

What's Chris Meidt doing tomorrow? He's got a new goal.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | September 5, 2008 5:25 PM | Report abuse

What team is J La a fan of?

Posted by: sickcuz | September 5, 2008 5:24 PM

Ravens

Posted by: Rusty | September 5, 2008 5:25 PM | Report abuse

now it all makes sense

Posted by: sickcuz | September 5, 2008 5:27 PM | Report abuse

beep beep

Posted by: Cindy | September 5, 2008 5:28 PM | Report abuse

One game thats all you people make me sick they lost one game. Zorn will be fine, he is a smart football mind and a good teacher. You people act like you've been watching football for 5 minutes. The super Bowl isn't played on opening weekend. All you bashers out there (journalists included) Why not write about the fact that everybody hails the cowgirls every year as the class of the nfc but they haven't won a playoff game this millenium, yet you never hear anyone attack Wade Phillips? come on. Leave Zorn The FO and the Skins alone if you don't love them stay quiet!

Posted by: skinztattoo89 | September 5, 2008 5:38 PM | Report abuse

Who gives two craps about what Jeanine Garafalos husband thinks??

Posted by: Kevin | September 5, 2008 6:28 PM | Report abuse

Uh oh! Another of Li'l Dan's PR hacks has arrived!

Posted by: splitbill | September 5, 2008 6:35 PM | Report abuse

Madden & Co. knew all about the Spags affair too! as does the entire NFL-community and anyone familiar with the Dano & Vinny comedy act know as the front office of the Danomen.

Marty had this Club-med team - finally going in the right direction when Dano pulled the plug and re-hired his puppet-goggle-eyed-boy Vinny. They won eight of their final ten games before Dano lusted to play Jerry Jones AGAIN!

Let's hope Colt will get a chance sooner than later to give this year's Danomen a chance at least of being entertaining!

Jason Campbell doesn't get it. And doesn't even get that he doesn't get it!

I know -- Campbell, you've had to learn 7 new systems in eight years, Wahhhhhhhhhh!!!

Posted by: duru44 | September 5, 2008 7:21 PM | Report abuse

ya colt had what 10 good minutes in pre season..

Posted by: skinztattoo89 | September 5, 2008 8:13 PM | Report abuse

Cmon JLC same old politicking. Dramatize everything.

Posted by: more cheap shots | September 5, 2008 8:15 PM | Report abuse

Didn't everyone think the giants were crazy for keeping coughlin year after year, in fact even last year before we let the giants beat us a they were about to fire coughlin. Then they won the superbowl.

The point is that the grass is always greener.

Posted by: not just dc | September 5, 2008 8:17 PM | Report abuse

M.E.G. to answer your question...

Snyder and Cerrato ain't goin nowhere. Snyder owns the team and Cerrato is his right hand man. We are kinda stuck w/ em unfortunately.

To question the fact that Dan Snyder doesn't what he is doing is legitimate. To demean him for trying to hard is not, he wants to win, he spends TONS of money. So, everybody chill out.

Posted by: BMAC | September 5, 2008 8:30 PM | Report abuse

So why doesn't he learn that the only thing he is good at is writing checks?

Posted by: M.E.G. | September 5, 2008 9:20 PM | Report abuse

I am sooooooooooooooo sick of JLC I cold puke!!! Go grind your axe somewhere else!!!
Danny has his faults and it is too early to tell if the the Cerrato era will work. I saw some hope last night. If all played as well as Rock and Clinton we would have been fine. Fans are here to support and cheer not piss, moan, and grip.

Posted by: GLFLVER2 | September 5, 2008 11:46 PM | Report abuse

Colt's '08 preseason rating: 109
T.C.'s '08 preseason rating: 81
#17's (no idiots, not Doug) '08 preseason rating: 70...

That is all....

Posted by: Anonymous | September 6, 2008 12:46 AM | Report abuse

Funny thing. I'm at a wedding this weekend, and two of the guys attending worked for Snyder with the Redskins. They knew him quite well. Both of them had nothing but disparaging things to say. And as the liquor wore on and on, they had nothing but more and more and more and more disparaging things to say. It got very personal, very quickly.

I've interviewed numerous ex-Circle Marketing employees for jobs. They all say the same thing.

You can believe it or not (your prerogative), but Dan Snyder is a horrible manager, a horrible businessman, and a horrible thing for our beloved football franchise.

Let the Snyderatto apologists flame me. Whatever.

I can see why JLaC, Wise, and everyone else see Snyder for who he is. Most of the time, reporters on a beat develop relationships with their sources. When their sources are wronged (as Snyder employees are apparently wont to be), they defend them. Good on those reporters, as far as I'm concerned.

Sadly, we're stuck with this clown. And even more sadly, I can't switch allegiances to a new team. I'm stuck with the Maroon and Black and Yellow.

Posted by: P Diddy | September 6, 2008 4:14 AM | Report abuse

Read this, it's pretty good:

Posted by: scampbell1975 | September 6, 2008 9:42 AM | Report abuse

It appearssome of u diehard ( aka in denial ) Dread-skins fans write dumnber that your owner THINKS!..The proof is in the pudding with THE CLOW SHOW THAT IS SNYDER-CERRATO..Spags defense humiliated them !!!

Put down the pom-poms ,take off those burgundy glasses, and see the team for what it is -NOT PREPARED! by a coach who couldn't land a hc job in a place where he is a legend. Hell of a qb coach :)

I wonder who is more CLUELESS ? SNYDER, VINNY - OR THE IDIOTS who try blame everything on JLC or some other media member when the team EMBARRASES ITSLEF IN A NATIONAL TV DIS-HONOR ...It truly demonstarted how ill prepared they were...some of u are PATHETIC with your posts, blame the media , dummies ....quite amusing!

Posted by: kevin from dc | September 6, 2008 9:45 AM | Report abuse

Until we have a FO that is the class of the league, the team will never be the classof the league.

In order to win in our division, youmust establish the run and stop the run. Our FO did nothing to help us in the draft or in FA.

Posted by: Wyatt Earp | September 6, 2008 10:03 AM | Report abuse

Actually, here is what happened:

While Danny and Vinny were interviewing Spags, I called them up on the Bat-Phone in Danny's study and said I was coming over. When I got there, I sent Vinny out for some Taco Bell, and I told Spags I thought he got lucky in the Superbowl because he was overloaded with talent at the DE position. He sort of agreed. We had a few laughs over some Baja Gorditas and decided not to hire him.

And by the way, I have as much evidence for my version of events as every other blogger out there has for there version of events.

Posted by: p1funk | September 6, 2008 2:45 PM | Report abuse

There have been two problems with this team for the last 10 years, Dan and Vinny.
Look at their choices in hiring and firing players and coaches and look at who has been drafted and when?
Campbell has the potential to be a great QB in a drop back offense, an Al Sanders offensive.
They've hired a totally inexperienced head coach who runs a West Coast Offense which isn't suited for Campbell. I'm really sorry for the players in all this and specifically Jason Campbell. We're going to have a QB change by the end of the year and Zorn will be out the door not long after. What a complete waste.
I am completely convinced that Joe Gibbs couldn't put up with Vinny and Dan anymore and had a good excuse to leave. Until Dan sees the light and gets rid of Vinny this team will never be successful. Even then Dan will most likely replace him with another unqualifed judge of NFL talent.
After the Greg Williams mess I will pull against whoever is playing the skins until Vinny is fired. If that happens I'll remain neutral until Dan sells the team or I see who he replaces him with.
Former Skins Fan 66-2008

Posted by: JMH | September 6, 2008 4:49 PM | Report abuse

_______________
Sorry to break it to you, the Cerrato era started 10 years ago when Dan brought him to the Redskins.

Posted by: JMH | September 6, 2008 4:52 PM | Report abuse

Only the people involved know all the details. The rest of us are only guessing. Each side has its reasons why Spags didn't get or wanted the job. I never like sport reporters that never played the game, or never managed a multiple billion dollars organization, and only tell an event or story from one side.

Posted by: RealFan | September 6, 2008 5:16 PM | Report abuse

Vinnie is Smithers to Danny's Mr. Burns. A total brown-nosing enabler of the illogical and outright mean schemes of his boss. They both feed off each other and could not live without each other.

Danny will never hire a professional GM because that will expose the corrupt incompetence of his reign not to mention remove Danny boy from control to his favorite toy.

As much as I dislike Jerry Jones, he at least has the self confidence and gumption to hire two people (out of 4 or 5) who could and stand up to him (Jimmy Johnson and Bill Parcells).

Danny, can't you just be happy sitting on your evergrowing bag of money like Scrooge McDuck? Leave the football decisions, personnel, strategy, etc. to people who have actually played and understand the game. And no just because you have played Madden for the last 10+ years on the 60" big screen at your de-tree'd Potomac castle doesn't count. Leave the team alone!

Posted by: Tom Conway | September 6, 2008 5:21 PM | Report abuse

You said “Okay, I've had about enough of [Vinny Cerrato] and owner Dan Snyder telling the media they didn't offer the job to Spags in February.” Then please do not write about them. No asked you to write it.

You also said “Last night, Andrea Kremer reported Cerrato also told him they didn't have a good feel for Spags. Baloney! You want to know what happened? Spags mulled things over for a night with his wife, Maria, and thought to himself, "Hmmm, something's not right with this job." (Yeah, I know what it was - the guys that were offering it.)” So what? It was job interview. The offeror has the right to offer or not to offer you the job, for whatever the reasons.

Posted by: RedskinsFan | September 6, 2008 5:25 PM | Report abuse

Hail to the Redskins and F U JLC, the Redskin INsiders and the Washington Post for not firing them for incompetents!

Sorry you guys had to burn the bridge.

Your petty, small and have no consideration for your readers.

Your front office rants are tiresome. Grow up and grow a spine JLC!

I've been here since the beginning and I have had enough....so seriously F-OFF!

you're a friggin disgrace to sport journalism.

Hail to the Redskins!!!

Posted by: Longtime Redskin Insider Contributer | September 7, 2008 5:26 AM | Report abuse

10 years of track record shows Danny and Smithers change directions of this team like some mothers change diapers. No one doubts Danny's trying hard but he's in denial about his knowledge. He's just not very good at this thing.

His biggest weakness is that he needs sycophants to make him feel good about himself. And it's the fans who suffer - a lot. Danny's biggest fans are fans of the Eagles, Giants and Cowboys. Hell, the 'Skins aren't even the Cowboys biggest rivals any more - by 2 teams.

Instead of maintaining a proud franchise he's reverting back to George Preston Marshall. To say otherwise is to deny reality.

Posted by: CJ | September 7, 2008 9:11 AM | Report abuse

These nasty things being said about Snyder & Vinny are all being taken down.

The Smoot-Squad at Extremes is compiling a list of all the people who will not fall in line with the established companyline.

The diminutive lil' owner is going to stand upon a stool and kick everyone in the shin (or wherever he can reach on his stool)! He will have Vinny take off his sunglasses and stare each offender down too! Vinny's eyes have been known to petrify wood and turn Danohaters into stone!

Beware and Hiel! I mean Hail!

Posted by: duru44 | September 7, 2008 12:21 PM | Report abuse

Snyder supporters - you enablers, you idiots. Keep supporting this dysfunctional management. Snyder is moron, Cerrato is a tard and yet you protect them. Nice that you settle for mediocrity.

Posted by: 44 Rules | September 8, 2008 7:34 AM | Report abuse

Man these "reporters" are so agenda-driven it's ridiculous. I'd love to know the "source" that would actually even know whether or not they offered Spags the job besides Spags himself, Snyder, or Cerrato. Of course it would be in Spags's best interest to say behind closed doors that the job was his if he wanted it, it would only give him further leverage in contract extension negotiations at a time when head coach money was being thrown around to keep coordinators in place. I don't care if there actually was a "source", it's not as if an anonymous source has any verifiable info anyway, and above all of this, who the hell cares besides JLC who sees this as an opportunity to try to make Snyder and Cerrato look bad. Only gullible fools believe anything this loser writes anyway, he clearly has an agenda ever since he's been called out by the organization for his bogus, antagonistic "reporting". The Post really needs to get rid of this fool.

Posted by: Fire Marshall Bill | September 8, 2008 3:20 PM | Report abuse