ARE, Rogers To Be Game-Time Decisions

Jim Zorn says that WR Antwaan Randle El (hamstring) and CB Carlos Rogers (knee) will be game-time decisions Saturday against the Jets. Randle El missed practice again - he also sat out the second session Tuesday - and may be lagging a bit from working so hard in camp. With so many receivers out, the starters have had to do a bit more in practices than Zorn at first imagined.

"Those guys are just wearing down," Zorn said.

Rogers had another good showing at practice, including intercepting one pass (he has continued to drop balls at times in camp). He feels he's ready to play, but Zorn will continue to be as conservative as possible with him, not wanting to risk a severe setback to his recovery from major knee surgery.

Taylor Shrugs Off Plantar Fasciitis

Jason Taylor does not feel like his plantar fasciitis will limit him.

"It's football, baby," Taylor said. "You're going to be sore and beat up. It's just one of those things you've got to manage and take care of."

Now, if this thing flares up bigtime it can be a bear to play through, but he seems pretty nonchalant about it.

Also wanted to update you guys about something I received a bunch of emails on. The Redskins have expressed no interest in free agent kicker Jay Feely. His name has not come up in the club's personnel meetings, according to sources with knowledge of those discussions, and for now the team is banking on Shaun Suisham. Of course, kickers live week to week, and if Suisham gets erratic and shanks balls in the regular season, you can be sure they'll bring some competition to town, but that's not in the plans for now.

By Jason La Canfora  |  August 13, 2008; 10:48 AM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Taylor Puts on a Defensive Show
Next: One Jason Talks about Another

Comments

...feeley is good for NFC East gauntlet...#1

Posted by: Anonymous | August 13, 2008 11:02 AM | Report abuse

Back on the HOF discussion from the guest blog yesterday. How about some HOF love for Wilbur Marshall. Why that guy doesn't even get a sniff is beyond me. He was great for the skins and bears. He was probably overshadowed in Chicago by all the great players they had then but was great none-the-less.

Posted by: skinswest | August 13, 2008 11:05 AM | Report abuse

Dang I missed a lot with the PC convo and such. I'll keep my opinion to myself on that regard, but it shouldn't be hard to figure out.

I haven't seen much football recently except the HOF game, which was good except the first team defense. When you have half your starters sitting out, it's expected though. I really liked how there were very few obvious mental errors/coaching errors. Zorn called a good game and everyone executed well. I'm especially pleased with the progress JC is making. Aside from the scare with the "disappointed" comments a few weeks ago, he's been able to bring peace to my mind (no worries as long as he can do this in a few weeks). He's looked sharp and poised in the pocket. The showing of all 'skins QB's in that game though was extraordinary. Collins needs more time to adjust to Zorn's system. As soon as he starts to feel comfortable in this system, he should return to the awesome backup that he was in Saunder's system. Hopefully that won't take too much longer (I'm guessing another month or so - once the plays become automatic in his head where there's no thinking, his good mental instincts should take over).

As for the Olympics, the judging has been horrible. Everything where there is judging the announcers say at least two of the Chinese scores should have been lower and at least two of the American's scores should have been higher. Every single time; I just think they're subconsciously giving it to them. In some cases, like diving, the Chinese would have won even with fair judging, but it makes it hard to watch. Plus the Chinese gymnasts being under 13 when there's an age requirement is grotesque. Why would the IOC say their passports are sufficient; I'd want to see their birth certificates, passports, everything with the DOB on it to at least make more work for the cheating Chinese. And who has ever heard of a male Chinese cyclist being any good - wasn't he in the leading pack towards the end of the race? Same with swimming - they've gotta be taking some sort of PED's and probably able to get around the testing; I wouldn't be surprised to have the Chinese athletes know ahead of time when the drug testing is. On the good side, it was nice to have the Americans shut up the French in the men's 400 m freestyle relay.

Posted by: Karen | August 13, 2008 9:46 AM

Posted by: Anonymous | August 13, 2008 11:07 AM | Report abuse

3rd?

On the subject of Jansen, I wouldn't worry about him yet. He's coming off of IR and is still trying to get his legs back. And folks, bear in mind line play is about leverage and footwork. If JT came off the line quick enough and put a good shove on Jansen in the right spot at the right time, his weight and Jansen's weight are irrelevant. And let's not forget it's Jason Taylor, a guy who was the best defensive player in the league less than 2 years ago. If Chris Wilson put Jansen in the ground, THEN I'd be worried.

The way I see it, we see how Jansen plays this year and if he just doesn't have it anymore, we let him go. Jordan Gross is a free agent after this year, and I wouldn't mind a run at him if he gets to the open market.

Besides, the big news here is Rogers making a pick! I didn't think there was enough stickum in the world!

Posted by: brownwood26 | August 13, 2008 11:07 AM | Report abuse

Enough with the "replace the kicker" crap. Suisham isn't nearly as bad as the clowns we had here in 2000 or under Spurrier. Just say no to Feely!

Besides, Feely's in a tryout with the Chiefs and he's pals with their ST coach. Our old friend Novak is out there too!

Posted by: brownwood26 | August 13, 2008 11:12 AM | Report abuse

Do all the Jasons address each other as "baby"?

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | August 13, 2008 11:13 AM | Report abuse

Karen, you're right on the Olympic Judging - as Zorn would put it: It stinks like 3 day old fish!

But to me the judging is so subjective it doesn't even matter. I don't care who wins or loses as much as I want to see our atheletes do well. If an athelete does their best, that's what's important (Rudy, Rudy, Rudy...lol), not what some joker on a payroll says about it...

The Men's Gymnastics bronze the other day was fantastic. It was disappointing to see our Women's team loose control, though.

The Chinese have some SICK talent, though. Did you hear Bella call them out for cheating? Awesome! He just brushed it off like it was a given.

Posted by: Dik | August 13, 2008 11:14 AM | Report abuse

Carlos Rogers dropping balls in practice! Yeah, he dropped them all the time in games. Including that would be touchdown in the Seattle 2005 playoff game. He's definitely a 3rd corner at best. Smoot is by far a better corner than Rogers.

Posted by: Not a fan of Rogers | August 13, 2008 11:15 AM | Report abuse

I was worried about Jansen last year before he got hurt, now I'm terrified of him. By my count so far he's played four series and has gotten beat very badly twice resulting in a sack of JC in the HOF game and a bad holding penalty in the red zone last week. I would like to see Rinehart with the first team in a pre-season game, just to see if he can play there if something happens to JJ or this poor play continues. I also don't want to see JC get dirty any more this preseason and would want to take a look at it if JJ keeps getting beat. I don't buy the JJ will be fine when the regular season starts, last I checked a DE crushing your QB can injure him whether its week 3 of the preseason or week 1 of the regular season. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt for now because of what he has been, but unfortunately I think we're there.....he's a has been.

Posted by: zjfr2 | August 13, 2008 11:17 AM | Report abuse

Brownwood,

Suisham is better than Hall?

Posted by: Alex35332 | August 13, 2008 11:18 AM | Report abuse

Forget dropping passes, I hope that they are working with him on not playing 12 yards off the ball.

Posted by: Great One | August 13, 2008 11:27 AM | Report abuse

Brownwood,

Suisham is better than Hall?

Posted by: Alex35332 | August 13, 2008 11:18 AM

Yes. At a minimum, he's on the field more.

As for the "not a fan of Rogers" guy, Smoot has gotten just as bad as Rogers recently. That Miami game last year doesn't go into OT if he hangs on to that easy Pick 6 in the 4th quarter and he just dropped one in the end zone in the HOF Game. Let's hope he returns to the form of his first tenure in burgundy and gold...

Posted by: brownwood26 | August 13, 2008 11:27 AM | Report abuse

Hey Alex!

Still can't get permission from my mom to be on the blog but I'm at my friends Justins house today so I can blog but just for the day.

Posted by: Chantillyvanilli | August 13, 2008 11:35 AM | Report abuse

On the field more yes. But both healthy I would take Hall from 50 over Swishim

Posted by: Alex35332 | August 13, 2008 11:35 AM | Report abuse

An improved pass rush should make all of the DB's look a bit better than they have in recent years. I'm more concerned about their OLB's and whether they can standup to pounding running games for a full season.

Posted by: skinswest | August 13, 2008 11:36 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Great One | August 13, 2008 11:27 AM

I would say that this is where the coaches wanted him. Can't blame the WR on this.

With the pass rush we should be able to deliver this year our CBs need to play man to man coverage with bumps on the LOS to throw off the timing of the plays.

Posted by: Curzon417 | August 13, 2008 11:37 AM | Report abuse

Do you want some candy Chantilly?

Posted by: Chester | August 13, 2008 11:37 AM | Report abuse

Just Creepy

Posted by: Alex35332 | August 13, 2008 11:40 AM | Report abuse

Dude I'm 16 not 6, but nice try.

Posted by: Chantillyvanilli | August 13, 2008 11:41 AM | Report abuse

John Jansen looked bad last preseason and in the opener versus Miami before he broke his leg. They were giving help most of that Miami game. The Skins were crazy to give him an extension unless they knew he would eventually play guard replacing Kendell. He has very little foot speed left but he does have strength.

Posted by: Roger | August 13, 2008 11:42 AM | Report abuse

What's up Alex? What have I missed on the blog?

Posted by: Chantillyvanilli | August 13, 2008 11:42 AM | Report abuse

Well, we are stuck with JJ for this year. 1st round pick, should we keep it, is on RT - mos def

Posted by: Zebra | August 13, 2008 11:43 AM | Report abuse

So it looks like the sky ISN'T falling on JT then. I'll be interested to read Corkczar's first post of today....

Posted by: Redcoat | August 13, 2008 9:22 AM

Hey, it was that ambulance chaser here to said his foot will fall off soon who scared me. I personally hope Mr. Dance tops Strahan's sack record.

But anyone who isnt' worried about the health of a 244 pound 34 year old DE in the NFC East isn't paying attention.

In truth, I think the return of James and the continued improvement of Evans mean the 'skins will be SOLID at DE this year. If they can rotate them dudes and pass rush with Taylor Carter, James and Evans on the field at the same time, that will be one scary defensive scheme to play against.

So take THAT, glass half emptiers.

Posted by: Corkczar | August 13, 2008 11:43 AM | Report abuse

Vanilli,
Not much. we had some talk about football the JT freekout and then a freeze out where no one could blog for 24 hours, where I think a few people committed suicide.

Posted by: Alex35332 | August 13, 2008 11:44 AM | Report abuse

On the field more yes. But both healthy I would take Hall from 50 over Swishim

Posted by: Alex35332 | August 13, 2008 11:35 AM

You must mean over 20...Suisham shows up for the long ones, it's the 30-40 yarders that worry me with him. But I still think it's something that he can remedy and I think he's better than anyone else out there. Think about it: what kicker right now is absolute money?

Posted by: brownwood26 | August 13, 2008 11:45 AM | Report abuse

87stteenthrd!!!!!!!

Posted by: Ms. breathsmelllikespunk | August 13, 2008 11:45 AM | Report abuse

And here's cork's SECOND post of the day.

I think Jim Zorn is THE NEXT GREAT PRO FOOTBALL HEAD COACH.

So all you negatories and evil doers can just bite me.

Posted by: Corkczar | August 13, 2008 11:46 AM | Report abuse

Wow you guys crack me up.

Posted by: Chantillyvanilli | August 13, 2008 11:46 AM | Report abuse

There is something just off how Suisham kicks the ball. Its a weird motion and the ball seems to not hook like it does for others.

Posted by: Alex35332 | August 13, 2008 11:48 AM | Report abuse

I was reading something about your girlfriend. Was she really a stripper?

Posted by: Chantillyvanilli | August 13, 2008 11:48 AM | Report abuse

+++Jason Taylor does not feel like his plantar fasciitis will limit him.

It's something he has played with for a few years and, again, he was kicking some booty out there today. Taylor said he first suffered the injury in 2006, and it recurred a bit in 2007 - he went on to win the Defensive Player of the Year award in 2006 - and has started something like every game the past 10 years. Taylor tore his right fascia in 2006 and partially tore the left one in 2007.+++--JASNO

1. Did the redskins know about his medical condition when they traded for him?

2. Did Tuna, when he got mad at Taylor dancing despite that ailment?

3. Why would Taylor do that stupid dance show if it could aggravate an injury?

Posted by: Corkczar | August 13, 2008 11:49 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Alex35332 | August 13, 2008 11:44 AM

Not funny, dude.

Posted by: Freddie Prinze | August 13, 2008 11:51 AM | Report abuse

If Carlos Rogers could catch, he'd be a WR. Accept it, he'll drop balls but as long as he defends well, we'll be ok.

Posted by: Nobcentral | August 13, 2008 11:51 AM | Report abuse

It's funny how Brett Favre is on the cover of Madden in a Green Bay uniform.

Posted by: Chantillyvanilli | August 13, 2008 11:54 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: skinswest | August 13, 2008 11:36 AM

Having A healthy Landry playing centerfield should be an even Bigger difference maker. MAN, can he cover ground.

Posted by: Corkczar | August 13, 2008 11:54 AM | Report abuse

Thought the contract given Jansen was a mistake on the day it happened. Skins created a big problem with highly paid and lengthy contracts like Jansen's. Missed the Portis extension details, but that might be another example.

Juggling around the cap has been problematic ... we couldn't get rid of Lloyd as quickly because of it, for example.

Still, Skins mgmt started to work their way out of it with this offseason with no FA and or major trades until Daniels went down and huge hole on the DL emerged.

Clearly Jansen is a risk and its something we're going to have to live with. At least its early in camp and hopefully he'll progress as the preseason continues

Posted by: AL Zeke etc | August 13, 2008 11:54 AM | Report abuse

Any updates on Eramus James??

Posted by: All_about_ the_ D | August 13, 2008 11:54 AM | Report abuse

A lot of worrying on this blog,yeah I'm concerned about Jansen also makes me wonder if the leg is fully healed with the Giant's pass rush we will need all hands on deck. I think Carlos will have a breakout year but they don't need rush him back over the preseason just spot duty enough so he'll be ready for the season opener,that goes for Rocky too!! By the way no to sound morbid, miss my boy Sean Taylor big time!!!!.

Posted by: dargregmag@aol.com | August 13, 2008 11:55 AM | Report abuse

1. Did the redskins know about his medical condition when they traded for him?

2. Did Tuna, when he got mad at Taylor dancing despite that ailment?

3. Why would Taylor do that stupid dance show if it could aggravate an injury?

Posted by: Corkczar | August 13, 2008 11:49 AM

1. Probably. They knew Malcolm Kelly's knee was f-ed up, so why not roll the dice here too?

2. It would be hard to tell since The Tuna's usually upset with regards to just about everything.

3. To enhance his visibility and marketablity for his post-football acting career.

I'm on a roll, ask me more!

Posted by: brownwood26 | August 13, 2008 11:56 AM | Report abuse

Would like to see Rinehart start at RT in the next 3 PS games to see if he is able to play there this season. Jansen may not be the best player there anymore, but would still be solid as a back-up. Sometimes you just have to give the young guys a chance.

The reason we may not be able to see this is that Zorn needs to have some wins especially early.

Posted by: Curzon417 | August 13, 2008 12:00 PM | Report abuse

Cork, did you read this:

"Taylor said he first suffered the injury in 2006, and it recurred a bit in 2007 - he went on to win the Defensive Player of the Year award in 2006 - and has started something like every game the past 10 years"

He had the injury, and YET, despite said injury, was the Def POY. So what makes you think this will limit him?

And as far as Taylor lasting the year in the NFC East, what do they play in the AFC East, tiddly-winks?

Posted by: Greg | August 13, 2008 12:02 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Curzon417 | August 13, 2008 12:00 PM

Bad idea, dude. We still have to see if he can play LT before we start putting him right. And I think he's a LG by trade. All things considered, Wade played pretty well there last year and he's been a starter even before coming here. Besides, we don't see Strahan twice a year anymore so I wouldn't worry TOO much.

Posted by: brownwood26 | August 13, 2008 12:12 PM | Report abuse

I learned something last night: there are a lot of newly single girls in the country. Madden has sucked their boyfriends in. It's times like this that I'm glad I'm an alcoholic and not a gamer. Give me a bar, some tequila, a modicum of charm and wit, and lots of single girls over a controller and some pixels any day of the week.

Posted by: P Diddy | August 13, 2008 12:18 PM | Report abuse

bad idea Rhinehart at RT in next 3 Ps games. you still leave JC exposed if he makes mistakes. everybody cried last year when Heyer played LT in preseason last year.

Posted by: Great one | August 13, 2008 12:19 PM | Report abuse

this place is as dead as diddy's sex life

Posted by: yo-no | August 13, 2008 12:21 PM | Report abuse

No kidding.

Posted by: P Diddy | August 13, 2008 12:25 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: P Diddy | August 13, 2008 12:18 PM

I'd settle for a girl that only loved me for my money but really sucked at math

Posted by: Cheyenne, WY | August 13, 2008 12:25 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: brownwood26 | August 13, 2008 12:12 PM

The Gints announced that Justin Tuck will be performing in the role of "Michael Strahan" this year so their pass rush will still be pretty good...

And to be fair, the AFC East is not, nor ever has it been, smash-mouth football like the NFC East.

Knockdown drag-outs? yes - just ask Brady about the beating he took in the 21-0 Fins win 2 years ago - but never smashmouth.

Posted by: Redcoat | August 13, 2008 12:26 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: P Diddy | August 13, 2008 12:26 PM | Report abuse

Brilliant, Cheyenne. I'm going to steal that one. :-)

Posted by: P Diddy | August 13, 2008 12:27 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: P Diddy | August 13, 2008 12:18 PM

Might this have something to do with you being in Seattle, alma mater city of the technogeek?

Posted by: Redcoat | August 13, 2008 12:28 PM | Report abuse

Plantar fasciitis is that pain in the bottom of your foot that especially hurts first thing in the morning when you try to get out of bed and stand on it, or after sitting for awhile.

It is caused by wounding the tough fascia connective tissue on the bottom of your foot. This band runs from your heel to the ball of your foot. It supports your arch and it transmits your weight across the bottom of the foot with each step you take.

If the plantar fascia gets bruised or over-stretched, the inflammation causes the heel and foot pain. It can also get partially detached from the heel and a calcium deposit can form - a heel spur.

Discuss - Me, I don't think the sky is falling, but I'm not a Doctor; I don't even play one on the blog...

Posted by: John D in Houston | August 13, 2008 12:29 PM | Report abuse

Golly people, I know Jansen is coming off an injury and probably isn't in top form, but I'm not so eager to throw him under the bus.

He got beaten badly by Jason Taylor on one play in practice during preseason.

Do you really think Heyer or rookie Rhinehart would fair better?

Who among us hasn't been beaten badly by JT?

Posted by: stumped | August 13, 2008 12:30 PM | Report abuse

Isn't a girl that loves you for your money and sucks at math redundant?

Posted by: AL Zeke etc | August 13, 2008 12:30 PM | Report abuse

Having said that...

we do need to groom his replacement.

Posted by: stumped | August 13, 2008 12:31 PM | Report abuse

Greg,

Do not bother with Cork, he is always negative, this injury is nothing, never even heard a mention of it before now. When anyone comes here every little thing is scrutinized by the fans, so something that was probably never discussed in Miami is a big deal now. I will bet he missed many practices in Miami for this thing but you never heard about it. We are the only team that takes every little injury and make a huge deal about it.

Posted by: kmdp4 | August 13, 2008 12:31 PM | Report abuse

Who among us hasn't been beaten badly by JT?

Posted by: stumped | August 13, 2008 12:30 PM

Well for one, I haven't.

Posted by: Mrs JT | August 13, 2008 12:32 PM | Report abuse

Al,
Seems to me a girl who loves you for money knows how to count.

maybe good at maths.

Posted by: stumped | August 13, 2008 12:33 PM | Report abuse

That was me in panic mode suggesting the move at RT. I am going to take some deep breaths and try to get my emotions back under control.

Breath in.... Breath out....

Posted by: Curzon417 | August 13, 2008 12:33 PM | Report abuse

Who among us hasn't been beaten badly by JT?

Posted by: stumped | August 13, 2008 12:30 PM

Us neither.

Posted by: JT's Kids | August 13, 2008 12:33 PM | Report abuse

LITTLE HELP HERE

Having a hard time deciding about which Olympic events I could care the least:

1. USA Soccer Team out of the Olympics

2. Male Genetic freaks in Space Age Polymer boob-covering swim suits setting world records.

3. Prepubescent children denied their childhood prancing around a gym mat while dirty old men judge their Skill Sets.

4. Gay Synchronized Diving (not that there's anything wrong with that.)

Posted by: Corkczar | August 13, 2008 12:33 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Alex35332 | August 13, 2008 11:44 AM

Not funny, dude.

Posted by: Freddie Prinze | August 13, 2008 11:51 AM

Sorry, did your sense of humor off itself during the 24 hours?

Posted by: Alex35332 | August 13, 2008 12:34 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: P Diddy | August 13, 2008 12:18 PM

Funniest post of the day, maybe the month.

Speaking of Madden (and I don't know how many Madden-heads we have here), I got the PS3 version yesterday and I'm still not impressed. I think all the players look Hulk-ed out (Cooley looks like Lou Ferrigno) and it seems all the emphasis was put on making the game look better in the snow and in the stands. There's no coach ratings, training camp to improve player ratings, and I'll probably have Charley Casserly over later to help me figure out how in the world to work the draft feature in the offseason mode. I guess for a casual gamer like myself (i.e.-someone who has a family and a job and can't put 6 hours a day into figuring the damn thing out), the PS2 version is still the best.

Posted by: brownwood26 | August 13, 2008 12:36 PM | Report abuse

Who among us hasn't been beaten badly by JT?

Posted by: stumped | August 13, 2008 12:30 PM

Sorry, can't help you there.

Posted by: Kristi Yamaguchi | August 13, 2008 12:37 PM | Report abuse

The Redskins had to have known about the injury, given that it was readily available with one quick push of the Google button.
Impossible to say whether Parcells was upset with Taylor for dancing on plantar fasciitis-prone feet or just for dancing.

Posted by: Cindy | August 13, 2008 12:37 PM | Report abuse

I would like to see some competition for Suisham. Gotta motivate those canadians sometimes.

Posted by: Cheyenne, WY | August 13, 2008 12:38 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Dik | August 13, 2008 11:14 AM

That wasn't Zorn, it was Blache. And yes, it does stink like three day ols fish. My wife and I watched it and the whole judging thing stunk.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | August 13, 2008 12:40 PM | Report abuse

km, agreed. I mean, the guy had this injury and WON the Def. POY, but somehow now he's brittle, and on the verge of needing a walker, and is going to get destroyed by the NFC East. I don't get how you get to that point.

Posted by: Greg | August 13, 2008 12:41 PM | Report abuse

Stumped, lets work this one thru

Alex, is your GF good at math??

Posted by: AL Zeke etc | August 13, 2008 12:41 PM | Report abuse

Well for one, I haven't.

Posted by: Mrs JT | August 13, 2008 12:32 PM

Hell, if Zach f-ing Thomas was my brother I wouldn't worry about getting beaten up either!

Posted by: brownwood26 | August 13, 2008 12:42 PM | Report abuse

Who among us hasn't been beaten badly by JT?

Posted by: stumped | August 13, 2008 12:30 PM

I hear you on that one. I had to start tripping him every play just to stop him giving me atomic wedgies.

What was the question again? Is this the Visa ad? am I gonna get paid for this?

Posted by: Matt Light | August 13, 2008 12:42 PM | Report abuse

No but I have a calculator on my Laptop.

The answer is 42

Posted by: Alex35332 | August 13, 2008 12:43 PM | Report abuse

"Twinkletoes" Parcells was just jealous about JT getting on the dancing show.

Posted by: Anonymous | August 13, 2008 12:43 PM | Report abuse

++++Greg,

Posted by: kmdp4 | August 13, 2008 12:31 PM++++

1. Reread my posts from earlier today you negative twit. I make Polyanna look like a full blown depressive.

2. You KNOW your post is going into the file for safe keeping.

3. When it comes to dumb comments, your last sentence not only takes the cake, but licks the icing bowl. Sure we may obsess more than most fans, but that's what happens when a team averages 32 Hamstring pulls a year for the past five years. Also, in case you're thinking of applying to be the girlfriend who marries for money but can't add--the 'skins are kinda long in the tooth. And older players tend to be more injury prone.

4. Duh

Posted by: Corkczar | August 13, 2008 12:44 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: John D in Houston | August 13, 2008 12:29 PM

I've had several bouts of plantar fasciitis. It's really, really annoying, but it's something that you can certainly play through. In fact, once you've "warmed up", you probably won't notice the issue and hence, tend to re-aggravate/injure the inflamed sheaf/tendon. That and the fact that you have no idea how quickly/slowly pf will heal are the two biggest aggravations about the injury. Many times, you think you've fully healed, only to go right back to having problems after a strenuous/extended workout.

With camp and two a days/extended running coming to an end, this may resolve itself before the season starts.

Adam

Posted by: EaglesFanAdam | August 13, 2008 12:44 PM | Report abuse

Not funny, dude.

Posted by: Freddie Prinze | August 13, 2008 11:51 AM

Sorry, did your sense of humor off itself during the 24 hours?

Posted by: Alex35332 | August 13, 2008 12:34 PM

Hey Dummy, not Freddie Prinze Jr, who sucks at life. His father, Freddie Prinze who blew his own head off in the late 70s after a run on one of the most popular TV shows of that era, Chico and The Man.

Posted by: History Lesson | August 13, 2008 12:45 PM | Report abuse

Stumped -- Not that there is a perfect correlation between women who love for money and their math skills, but my experience tells me its a pretty strong one.

Women that love for money never seem to have a handle on money. So there's the lack of math skills. And if the guy runs out of $$, they move on to the next guy. We've all seen it.

Discuss ...

Posted by: AL Zeke etc | August 13, 2008 12:46 PM | Report abuse

From the other paper:

Zorn said WR Devin Thomas will make his preseason debut against the Jets, and he was impressed with his prized rookie at practice this morning. He did make a very nice catch in traffic, which prompted Zorn to meet Thomas on his way back to the huddle for a bit of encouragement.

*CB Carlos Rogers and LB Rocky McIntosh are not likely to play against the Jets.

*Finally, the line of morning courtesy of Fred Smoot (who else):

"We're burning daylight out here. We've got a practice going on."

I'm all jazzed up for Thomas this weekend...

Posted by: Greg | August 13, 2008 12:47 PM | Report abuse

Who and the What?

Pop culture from the 70's does not count as history.

Posted by: Alex35332 | August 13, 2008 12:47 PM | Report abuse

Didn't big Joe Salavea play like a whole season with the planters thing? He did okay and he weighed like 400 pounds....JT will be fine......I hope.

Posted by: dlhaze | August 13, 2008 12:47 PM | Report abuse

Alex -- just joking with you on that question. From your description, your GF loves you for you and not for your $$.

Posted by: AL Zeke etc | August 13, 2008 12:49 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: AL Zeke etc | August 13, 2008 12:49 PM

Thats only because I have no money.

Posted by: Alex35332 | August 13, 2008 12:51 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Cheyenne, WY | August 13, 2008 12:38 PM

Silly Rabit, you cant motivate a Canadian

Posted by: Great One | August 13, 2008 12:51 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: AL Zeke etc | August 13, 2008 12:46 PM

This is exactly why I am in love with TheCindy. Math skills? Who needs them? TheCindy has Loseable Type skills!

Posted by: standing in for Dorf | August 13, 2008 12:51 PM | Report abuse

I've had several bouts of plantar fasciitis.... Many times, you think you've fully healed...

Posted by: EaglesFanAdam | August 13, 2008 12:44 PM

With this particular malady, when you're fully healed you're fully heeled.

Posted by: Mull It | August 13, 2008 12:53 PM | Report abuse

I sure hope Rabach doesn't develop a case of Plantar's Peanuts.

Posted by: Anonymous | August 13, 2008 12:54 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: dlhaze | August 13, 2008 12:47 PM

I think he had pf in BOTH feet, which would really suck because I'm not sure how you'd figure out which foot to limp on getting out of bed in the morning. pf is (mostly) an annoyance injury usually caused by overtraining. No more 2 a days/extended running may be all that is needed. I wouldn't worry until foot splinting and repeated cortisone shots don't take care of the issue.

Adam

Posted by: EaglesFanAdam | August 13, 2008 12:54 PM | Report abuse

Booo mull it, boooo

Posted by: Zebra | August 13, 2008 12:54 PM | Report abuse

Salavea did not do much speed rushing though.

Posted by: Alex35332 | August 13, 2008 12:55 PM | Report abuse

What counts more in the olympics? Gold metal counts or total metal count?

Posted by: Alex35332 | August 13, 2008 12:58 PM | Report abuse

Adam, we don't allow for that type of thinking up here. Taylor will suffer all year from this, and will only manage 2 tackles before being placed on IR. He will also have to retired early from multiple concussions due to being pancaked play, after play, after play, after play.

No more of that from you please....

Posted by: Greg | August 13, 2008 12:58 PM | Report abuse

So, conventional wisdom update:

concern about Taylor's plantar fasciiitiis DOWN
concern about Jon Jansen UP
concern about Diddy's sex life UNCHANGED

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | August 13, 2008 12:59 PM | Report abuse

Cork,

You know were you can file my post.

Second point stating that you are negative is like saying ice is cold, you have one post that is not negative and that changes everything.

The point I was making about injuries is that we take every little strain and make it seem like the guy is out for the season. I do not just mean the fans I mean the coaching staff at least under Gibbs 2.

I did not attack you in anyway so lets watch the name throwing, I can see why you used negative twit you probably get called that alot.

Posted by: kmdp4 | August 13, 2008 1:01 PM | Report abuse

Plantar fasciitis: annoying, inconvenient, but no big deal.

Necrotizing fasciitis: a MUCH bigger deal.

WARNING: don't go looking for images of this disease if you have a weak stomach...

Posted by: Redcoat | August 13, 2008 1:02 PM | Report abuse

# of Gold Medals or Total Medal Count is like the "Love Life or Sex Life" issue: it really depends which is more important to you. Those with lots of medals talk about total count. The IOC says that total medals is better.

(You'll have to ask Diddy about the love life/sex life issue.)

Posted by: Anonymous | August 13, 2008 1:03 PM | Report abuse

Flesh-eating diseases are nasty. So are cannibals.

Posted by: Anonymous | August 13, 2008 1:05 PM | Report abuse

Alex,

What do you think about all this? No wonder my mom won't let me be on the blog! Right?

Posted by: Chantillyvanilli | August 13, 2008 1:07 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: kmdp4 | August 13, 2008 1:01 PM

Maybe a new director of Strength and Conditioning would help. There's too much emphasis on strength and not enough on flexibility, according to the hamstring statistics of the Redskins.

Posted by: Anonymous | August 13, 2008 1:08 PM | Report abuse

Due to inherit a fortune when his sickly, widower father was about to die, Dick decided he needed a woman to enjoy it with. So he went to a singles bar and he searched until he spotted a woman whose beauty took his breath away.

"Right now, I'm just an ordinary man," he said, walking up to her, "but within a month or two, my father will pass and I'll inherit over20 million dollars."

The woman went home with Dick, and four days later she became his stepmother.

Posted by: AL Zeke etc | August 13, 2008 1:08 PM | Report abuse

I don't know what your moms deal is, my parents gave me condoms at 12 and told me "just in case"

Posted by: Alex35332 | August 13, 2008 1:09 PM | Report abuse

Basically my mom's reaction to the blog was she said that I said it was about the Redskins and that once she looked it up it obviously wasn't but I still think you all pretty much rock.

Posted by: Chantillyvanilli | August 13, 2008 1:10 PM | Report abuse

His Mom will tell him what a condom is when he turns 21.

Posted by: Anonymous | August 13, 2008 1:10 PM | Report abuse

Alex,

Thanks about the condoms but I'm keeping myself a virgin until I meet the right girl. Most my friends have sex and think I'm crazy though.

Posted by: Chantillyvanilli | August 13, 2008 1:12 PM | Report abuse

beep beep

Posted by: Cindy | August 13, 2008 1:15 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Nobcentral | August 13, 2008 11:51 AM

Rogers defending well is a joke. How many times in the last three season has he been burned!?! It seemed very rare he made a good play and the defense was better once he went on IR last season. I know it's a bit harsh but that's reality. He really should be a safety or 3rd corner at best.

Posted by: Not a fan of Rogers | August 13, 2008 1:19 PM | Report abuse

oh noz former Defensive PotY beat a starting O linemen

fire teh o lineman and move Mason or Mix in his place

omggg!!

Posted by: Anonymous | August 13, 2008 1:19 PM | Report abuse

the problem with the hammies is half the trainig staff and half the athletes. you will find not enought emphasis put on stretching before and after and muscle endurance.
Second usually when it is hot in the summer and early fall alot of athletes take stretching for granted because of the heat, they figure they dont need to warm up as much as they would if the weather was cold, but that is incorrect, you have to warm up the same as you would if it were December, the only thing that would change is the amount of clothes that you would wear.

Posted by: Great One | August 13, 2008 1:20 PM | Report abuse

My fellow Redskin fans are way too hard on Carlos Rogers! He's very solid and he's still young!

He's a good player!!

Posted by: The Truth in 1st person | August 13, 2008 1:21 PM | Report abuse

+++As far as Hammies maybe it is time to invest in a better training staff, or atleast shake it up a little, I know Bubba is great but this needs to stop.--kmdp4+++

AGREE. REMEMBER A COUPLE OF YEARS BACK WHEN HALF THE TEAM CRAMPED UP AGAINST DALLAS IN THE OPENER? SOMEONE NEEDS TO KNOW MORE ABOUT LEG MUSCLES, THAT'S FOR SURE.

+++I did not attack you in anyway so lets watch the name throwing,+++

YOU MEAN, ASIDE FROM TELLING EVERYONE TO IGNORE ME BECAUSE I'M ALWAYS NEGATIVE? I DON'T LIKE TO THROW THE FIRST STONE, BUT WILL RESPOND, WHEN ATTACKED. ALL IN GOOD FUN. I MEAN, ALL IT IS, IS FOOTBALL.

I can see why you used negative twit you probably get called that alot.

AH, ANOTHER NON ATTACK, I SEE. ACTUALLY I LIKE THE TERM "NEGATIVE TWIT," WHICH IS ACTUALLY A RATHER GENTEEL RESPONSE.

Posted by: kmdp4 | August 13, 2008 1:01 PM

Posted by: Corkczar | August 13, 2008 1:49 PM | Report abuse

I don't undersatnd why teams do this. If your kicker is shaky going in...why wait till he shanks afew and losses games before you replace him...Bring in Feely now...put the pressure on...Feeley is a seasoned vet kicker who is pretty damn good....Why not? What could it hurt? Make Swishy feel some heat...

Posted by: Leevi | August 13, 2008 1:56 PM | Report abuse

i do not understand why the skisn would not look at this guy...He is available!

"Feely was coming off one of his best seasons, which made his release a surprise. He made 21 of 23 field goals last season, setting a team single-season record for field goal percentage, and was one of the few bright spots on last year's 1-15 team."

Posted by: Leevi | August 13, 2008 1:59 PM | Report abuse

Brownwood,

Suisham is better than Hall?

I wouldn't mind seeing us go after Jay Feely.

Posted by: KB24 | August 13, 2008 2:10 PM | Report abuse