Injury Update (Bubba Speaks)

Whitticker has what appears to be a high ankle sprain, and is in crutches with a boot on his right ankle as we speak. It looks like a longp-term injury and he will get an MRI on Tuesday.

Will says he can feel the pain all the way up his leg and in his knee. "My whole leg hurts," he said. Whitticker said he doesn't know exactly how it happened. "I don't even know, I just felt my knee buckle," he said.

As for other injuries, Bubba said Ladell Betts will get an X-Ray on his jammed neck but it does not appear severe. Mike Sellers aggravated a bone bruise on his knee, but that too looks minor and he actually finished practice, while Ladell mostly watched after getting run over by Marcus Washington in a blitz pick-up drill. "It wasn't something that he did on purpose," Betts said. "it's just a part of football."

Looks like Tyler Ecker is no closer to coming back from his groin injury - I think this kid could end up cut before he even really gets on the field if it lingers on another week or so - and Bubba praised Mike Espy's toughness and said he is almost back to taking full work, and he certainly did a fair amount today.

Okay, heading home now.

Cheers.

By Jason La Canfora  |  August 6, 2007; 7:58 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Heyer Update/ Waiting For Bubba/Stuff
Next: As One Blog Favorite Departs ... Another Resurfaces

Comments

Hah! Knew i was the only still here!

Posted by: Larry Bud | August 6, 2007 8:09 PM | Report abuse

Since no one is going to read my posts on the other thread all I have to say is Growlers... mmmm...

Posted by: Larry Bud | August 6, 2007 8:10 PM | Report abuse

"...still has some of the kid's soul in his teeth..."

Classic, JLC...definite LOL. Sellers is a definite Meast. What's his nickname around camp?

I would have loved to have seen that collision. Is there any film of it?

Posted by: SCSkinsFan | August 6, 2007 8:26 PM | Report abuse

Taylor, LaRon, Sellars and...... Washington?

The Four Horsemen!

Posted by: kost52 | August 6, 2007 8:28 PM | Report abuse

Hey, Jasno, where's the inside scoop? You're letting us down.

It's called "Redskins Insider" for a reason.

:-)

Posted by: P Diddy | August 6, 2007 8:34 PM | Report abuse

Sellers is that Dude. A man among boys. Hopefully he will have bigger role in the O this year.

Watching EPL Fanzone on FSC. Who would have thought you needed an interpreter to understand two Brits speaking English.

Posted by: LH | August 6, 2007 8:50 PM | Report abuse

Sellers does need a nickname. Is there word that he'll get more carries? I HOPE we use him on short yardage. And what is the depth chart at RB looking like?

Portis
Betts
Rock
Blaylock

????

GREAT COVERAGE. P. Diddy. Chill.

Posted by: RANDO | August 6, 2007 8:54 PM | Report abuse

Wow, it took a long time to get LB jr. settled. I sang him all of Simon and Garfunkel's Greatest hits and some Bob Marley before he peaced out enought to sleep.

I might have geared him up a bit by singing "Hail" right before getting into his PJs. Yes they are Skins, jammies by the way.

Moms is in Ohio visiting kinfolk at the moment so I'm covering all parental duties.

Sellers has a nickname, I think. I'd swear to it, but I can't pull it.

He'll get a lot more carries in the pre-season if betts has a stinger in his neck.

'Course he has a boo-boo of his own. Kept practicing, though.

Posted by: Larry Bud | August 6, 2007 9:16 PM | Report abuse

RANDO, notice the smiley?

Posted by: P Diddy | August 6, 2007 9:20 PM | Report abuse

Nicknames for Sellers :

House
C*ck Diesel
Machine
Train

Any other suggestions?

Dude is nasty! '05 Stat line :
16 touches - 8 td's
3 - kick off return
12 - receptions (7 td's)
1 - rushing attempt (1 td)

I hope he gets more touches this year!

Posted by: Big Murf | August 6, 2007 9:21 PM | Report abuse

From A Blonde-ing Experience
Blogging From Redskins' Training Camp

By Dan Steinberg
Washington Post Staff Writer
Monday, July 30, 2007; Page E07

Another aside: Sellers also is sporting several new tattoos on his left arm: three large "See no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil" skulls accompanied by the words "Fear No Man," and a dark script of his nickname, "Dat Boy."

Posted by: kost52 | August 6, 2007 9:28 PM | Report abuse

I think Rock Cartwright has one of the best football names ever.

What do Sellers' teammates call him?

Posted by: P Diddy | August 6, 2007 9:31 PM | Report abuse

Nice pull, kost. Though I don't really like it. "Dat Boy"???? "Wine" Sellers doesn't work... Sellers "Dwellers" for a fan club???? Nah, thought not "Byners and" Sellers... Hmmm... Only if he's tight with Ernest... Mike Sellers"out"... Yipes, I should quit now.

Posted by: Larry Bud | August 6, 2007 9:38 PM | Report abuse

So far I like "Meast" the best. Cros between "Meat" and "Beast" Or maybe just "Best" Sellers???

Posted by: Larry Bud | August 6, 2007 9:40 PM | Report abuse

I just realized I was nicknaming alla Chris Berman. I have to shower now...

Oh, kost, you're a brit right? Any idea why Pale Ale is actually amber? Was the original "ale" dark?

Posted by: Larry Bud | August 6, 2007 9:42 PM | Report abuse

Larry Bud - I'm an Aussie, but I found this on wiki

"Pale ale is a term used to describe a variety of beers which use ale yeast and predominantly pale malts."

So it isn't really in relation to it's colour.

Posted by: kost52 | August 6, 2007 9:47 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Larry Bud | August 6, 2007 08:10 PM

I read your posts Larry... good on on Heyer. I'm rooting hard for him to work out. Would turn out to be a phenomenal pick up for us. And good long term depth. Looks like between the Golston and Montgomery last year and Heyer this year plus the lb's we drafted in the later rounds that Ol' Joe might not be too bad of a talent evaluator. And now that he's and snyder have finally learned there lesson about giving away draft picks *knock on wood* it will be fun to see what they can actually pull out of the draft with almost a full complement of picks next year.

Posted by: Dante | August 6, 2007 9:51 PM | Report abuse

Thanks, Dante. Needed a little affirmation. And kost, good on ya, mate! Brit or Aussie you still spell color with a "u" and that's cool.

Pale malts, I get it now. My wife was an exchange student Down Under in the late 80's. She lived in a little town called Tamworth. Apparently, it was the Country Music Capital of Australia. She keeps bugging me to go back because she's convinced that if she doesn't see Ayre's Rock again before she dies that her spirit will end up in limbo or something. Good thing the Pope got rid of limbo a couple of months back.

Posted by: Larry Bud | August 6, 2007 10:03 PM | Report abuse

Aussie, Aussie, Aussie!

Posted by: Larry Bud | August 6, 2007 10:03 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: JustMe | August 6, 2007 10:05 PM | Report abuse

So the reason I asked about the Brit thing was that the Saranac Pale Ale that I'm drinkin says at the bottom of the Growler bottle that it's a "classic top fermented English Ale." Whatever the f*&^ it is, I like it, "I like it a lot." Also says it's "the spirit of the Adirondacks". I love upstate New York. Except those f-ing chairs. How can anyone think those things are comfortable?

Posted by: Larry Bud | August 6, 2007 10:08 PM | Report abuse

Has Lemar Marshall's role in the defense been explained? I'm curious to know how much he will play, where he will play, etc... Has any of the defensive coaches addressed this?

Posted by: need info now | August 6, 2007 10:12 PM | Report abuse

Sounds to me like the reaper knows how to market his product. Keep 'em wanting more.

I've said it before though (did a guest blog on it actually) making your teammates answer questions for you is bad juju. I know they love him. Especially the guys from the U, but I'd get sick of fighting his battles for him.

He is a great athlete, though and I hope Portis is right. I like, as an english teacher, that Grilliams has no shame about using the word "better" to top the superlative "best".

Posted by: Larry Bud | August 6, 2007 10:13 PM | Report abuse

I never liked limbo, too difficult for tall blokes like myself!

Yeah, Tamworth is big for Country Music. I've never been to see Ayres Rock, would like to go on a road trip North over Xmas this year, would be good to see it, I don't really travel much, but I'd like to.

Posted by: kost52 | August 6, 2007 10:20 PM | Report abuse

I've been to Ireland, but me ma has family there and it's a lot like Pennsylvania. It's quite a bit like home, in other words so I'm not sure that counts as travel.

My wife did the typical touristy stuff. Saw the Gold Coast, went to Sydney and, of course Uluru. She also went to Coober Peedy? (Sic) She has a little opal on a chain from there.

Oh, her maiden name was Foster. That makes me chuckle, like she was meant to go there or something.

Posted by: Larry Bud | August 6, 2007 10:25 PM | Report abuse

need to,

My understanding is that Marshall will be used in 3rd down situations as a cover/blitzing OLB. He is a hybrid safety anyway and, IMO, was out of position all last year.

He'll come in for Rocky as he is awful in coverage. Just ask Todd Heap. Dude made Rocky look like he was asleep.

Posted by: Larry Bud | August 6, 2007 10:29 PM | Report abuse

Crud!!! My boy Will Whitticker goes down ... my one and only on the O-line (guard) depth front. Bring on Pucillo and make me proud. Oh woe to Michigan State alums.

need info, Lemar Marshall's role is utility depth guy ... ready to replace Sam, Mike, Strong Safety, and mostly importantly, Will. Go Spartans, take two.

Loving the Reaper. Next news conference? Never. That's right. Just play ball ... prowl ... that type of thing. For you, Sean Taylor, the media has not been your friend. Nothing says enigma like free safety. Troy Polomalu anyone? As you Reap, so shall you sow.

Off to ped myself. Lates.

Posted by: dcsween | August 6, 2007 10:38 PM | Report abuse

I knew sween was going to take the Whitticker news hard. Bummer.

So we have like three healthy O linemen now?

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | August 6, 2007 10:40 PM | Report abuse

Oi! Oi! Oi!

Posted by: P Diddy | August 6, 2007 10:41 PM | Report abuse

Go Nats. Keep the bad man from hitting the ball out of the park.

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | August 6, 2007 10:43 PM | Report abuse

Watching St. Joe's press conference on redskins.com, and, wow, I've never seen him interrupt reporters like that. Usually he lets them finish their whole question... What gives?

Posted by: P Diddy | August 6, 2007 10:47 PM | Report abuse

Off to ped myself. Lates.
___________________________

Information we could do without.

Posted by: Anonymous | August 6, 2007 10:48 PM | Report abuse

Life's no ped of roses.

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | August 6, 2007 10:52 PM | Report abuse

You stole my line P Diddy! I guess it was my own fault, I was a bit slow off the mark!

Posted by: kost52 | August 6, 2007 10:53 PM | Report abuse

Diddy, maybe that is what Jasno meant about being in Week 10 form. Gibbs being less saint and more crotchety grampa. I wish I had the sense it was making the team practice harder, focus more, be more ready, etc.

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | August 6, 2007 10:56 PM | Report abuse

Doc Walker calls Mike Sellers "Cave Man Sellers" - not really sure why.

Posted by: Lisa | August 6, 2007 10:57 PM | Report abuse

Larry Bud, you still out there? Unconscious? Two growlers down?

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | August 6, 2007 10:58 PM | Report abuse

Knew if I waited the peeps would show!

Nate! sween! Sorry about WW, dude. Need more beer be abck in a minute.

Posted by: Larry Bud | August 6, 2007 11:00 PM | Report abuse

Lisa, it's probably the giant dinosaur bone he gnaws on in the mess hall out at the Park.

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | August 6, 2007 11:01 PM | Report abuse

2 down and some in reserve. the wife is out of town and I ain't got s*&# to do tomorrow. kost has been keepin me company. He's one cool "u" adding fella.

Posted by: Larry Bud | August 6, 2007 11:02 PM | Report abuse

I keep thinking the title of this thread has something to do with Bubba Sparks. Oh wait, it's Bubba Franks who plays tight end. Whatever. Bubba confusion.

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | August 6, 2007 11:04 PM | Report abuse

Bubba Ho-Tep.

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | August 6, 2007 11:05 PM | Report abuse

My moms called me Bubba when I was a kid. She was from Kentucky, though.

Don't forget Bubba Clinton.

Posted by: Larry Bud | August 6, 2007 11:05 PM | Report abuse

Hubba Bubba.

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | August 6, 2007 11:06 PM | Report abuse

Technically, to be a "bubba" by southern rules, you must be an older brother. It is, after all a bastardization of the word "brother".

Posted by: Larry Bud | August 6, 2007 11:07 PM | Report abuse

Sorry, Larry Bubba, I forget -- where are you located? Nice to have a Monday night to get your drink on up here.

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | August 6, 2007 11:09 PM | Report abuse

Feelin a little like the chariot that turns pumpkin at midnight just about now.

Posted by: Larry Bud | August 6, 2007 11:09 PM | Report abuse

Larry Bubba... I like it. might have to go with that.

I'm in Cumberland, MD. Ohterwise known as Buttscratch, USA. Used to be in Armpit, USA, otherwise known as Waldorf, MD.

I'm a teacher and off for the summer so I got no responsibilities at the moment. Oh, except for Larry Bubba Jr. and his older Bubba.

Posted by: Larry Bud | August 6, 2007 11:12 PM | Report abuse

And by the way, my kids' names are not Darryl.

Posted by: Larry Bubba | August 6, 2007 11:13 PM | Report abuse

Gotcha, LB. I hope all you RI peeps who are teachers are using subliminal messaging to get the Youth interested in the Skins.

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | August 6, 2007 11:14 PM | Report abuse

Sorry, Seattle, WA, is Hairy Armpit, USA. No one gets to claim granola women more than Seattle and, perhaps, Port-land.

And, major props to Nate for bringing up Bubba Ho-Tep.

Posted by: P Diddy | August 6, 2007 11:14 PM | Report abuse

Funny thing, I just remembered the police 10 code for "location" it's 10-20. Appres peax of nothing, by the way.

Posted by: Larry Bud | August 6, 2007 11:15 PM | Report abuse

P,

My little Bubba lives in Seattle. Just visited him. I like the old Hairy Armpit. Just a little fishy around the Public Market.

Posted by: Larry Bud | August 6, 2007 11:17 PM | Report abuse

Just when I thought Hollywood had stopped making gloriously bad movies, there came Bubba Ho-Tep. Wow and wow.

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | August 6, 2007 11:17 PM | Report abuse

You know Nate, sad thing about that is that Cumberland is not far from Frostburg where the skins used to do training camp and the locals feel like the Skins screwed them by taking camp away and thereby local revenue. It only took on Steelers super bowl to convince most of the kids that Pitsburgh was geographically close enought o be the home team.

Posted by: Larry Bud | August 6, 2007 11:19 PM | Report abuse

I'm inibriated enough to not proofread, I guess. That should be "one" Steelers Super Bowl and close enough to be geographically the home team.

Posted by: Larry Bud | August 6, 2007 11:21 PM | Report abuse

Diddy, I can't believe after all these years in Seattle you haven't just embraced the weirdness. Revel in it, dude.

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | August 6, 2007 11:23 PM | Report abuse

Irony:

Sean Taylor won't talk to the media, but he was sentenced to make inspirational speeches at 10 or so inner-city Miami public schools.

Posted by: Anonymous | August 6, 2007 11:26 PM | Report abuse

Moving camp to Frostburg was a sweetener in the RalJon stadium deal, right?

Ugh. Anything that reminds me of the team moving out of DC is a bummer.

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | August 6, 2007 11:26 PM | Report abuse

Oh Baby, I hear those blues a' callin'/tossed salads and scrammbled eggs... quite stylish... Oh, maybe i seema bit confused/Yeah maybe, but I got you pegged/ I just don't know what to do with these tossed salads and scrambled eggs/They're callin' again.

The weirdness that is Seattle.

Posted by: Larry Bud | August 6, 2007 11:28 PM | Report abuse

Just having The Reaper stand on stage silently and stare at the assembled kids should scare them straight, right?

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | August 6, 2007 11:29 PM | Report abuse

I have TOTALLY embraced it. That's the funniest part.

As you know, Nate, I am "The Mayor". So, this weekend, I decided to change things up a little. I was a little down, so I switched everything: different coffee shop, different bar, hit on girls who weren't my type, didn't drink any booze, the whole deal. Even my clothes were different than usual. Anyway, everywhere I went, I kept running into tourists and generally lost people. And, as it turns out, I've been here so long, I actually do know everywhere to go. Pretty much the entire weekend, I was guiding people around: condo shoppers, old folks looking for a good steak house, young folks looking for a decent club, etc.

Now, my biggest beef with Northwest people is how cold and aloof they are. They more or less keep to themselves all the time, albeit with a friendly smile. "Nice, but not friendly". Yuck.

So, it seems my whole purpose in Seattle is to bring the "nice and friendly" routine to town.

One more thing: that coffee shop is now my new favorite coffee shop, and I've been going back constantly. It's not even a Starbucks.

Posted by: P Diddy | August 6, 2007 11:31 PM | Report abuse

I would pay to see a Reaper press conference. Think Jasno would wet himself, or would he do us proud and take him on, mano a mano?

Posted by: P Diddy | August 6, 2007 11:32 PM | Report abuse

"What's different from your offseason last year to your offseason this year? What have you learned from last year to this year? How has your preparation been different?"

Posted by: P Diddy | August 6, 2007 11:33 PM | Report abuse

The Reaper vs. Barry Bonds.

Discuss.

Posted by: P Diddy | August 6, 2007 11:34 PM | Report abuse

justme, are you okay?

diddy, st. joe wasn't that bad. i think you were reading too much. but today was the hottest/humidest/nastiest motherfrubasgling day of the year. it was pure nasty today. so he might've been in a hurry to get in the building...

Posted by: littery genius | August 6, 2007 11:35 PM | Report abuse

Which coffee shop?

I applaud this new wrinkle in the Mayor of Belltown routine. Shaking things up can be a ton of fun. But you may single-handedly subvert the whole passive-aggressive image the Emerald City has worked so hard to cultivate all these years.

I want a Top Pot doughnut.

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | August 6, 2007 11:35 PM | Report abuse

Frostburg State U is my alma mater, so I have very mixed feelings about camp being there. It was a great opportunity for me to come back to my U and see my team. But it was a bad fit from the beginning. It rains a lot up here (very Seattlish, actually). The dorms were crappy and the athletic facilities are dated and it's a million mile from nowhere. I love it here, but it's the sticks.

Let's just say that Dennis Rodman would have liked Utah more.

I came to camp while they were here and got to go to my old haunts and ultimately it's what convinced me to move back. it is a great place to raise kids and close enought that I get to most terps home games and at least one Skins game per season.

I know why the team went back to Ashburn and why the locals were upset. Let's just put it that way.

Camp was more personal here, though. Darrell Green stepped on my foot here and I got to have half hour conversation with Sonny Jurgenson and Charles Mann just because they were so bored and had nothing else to do.

Posted by: Larry Bud | August 6, 2007 11:35 PM | Report abuse

Nate - What's wrong with a movie about an ancient Egyptian Mummy who is out to steal the souls of people in old folks homes, one of whom is the REAL Elvis Presley!

Posted by: kost52 | August 6, 2007 11:36 PM | Report abuse

Darrell Green stepped on your foot? Come on, you gotta provide a back story on that.

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | August 6, 2007 11:37 PM | Report abuse

To the anonymous poster....I'm not at all surprised that Sean Taylor refuses to talk to the media. Most of the time they take things and spin it out of control...speaking to Miami inner city school children would be a piece of cake compared to the media. Entirely different ballgame.

Posted by: Lisa | August 6, 2007 11:37 PM | Report abuse

aligator boots and gucci suits

Posted by: Anonymous | August 6, 2007 11:38 PM | Report abuse

I interpreted "gloriously bad" as in "so bad, it's good"...a la the old Ed Wood flicks.

That's how I was able to get through Bubba Ho-Tep.

Posted by: P Diddy | August 6, 2007 11:38 PM | Report abuse

P,

Have you been to Red Mill? Burgers are amazing. By the way, Your name isn't actually Preston is it???

Posted by: Larry Bud | August 6, 2007 11:39 PM | Report abuse

(Trying to think up a funny situation in which faster-than-lightning DG steps on LB's foot.)

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | August 6, 2007 11:39 PM | Report abuse

One of my roommates from college dated a girl at FSU. All they ever did was do the horizontal hokey pokey. I was never lucky enough to date one of her friends.

Posted by: P Diddy | August 6, 2007 11:40 PM | Report abuse

Preston, that has a nice ring to it. Viscount Preston Diddy, Mayor of Belltown.

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | August 6, 2007 11:41 PM | Report abuse

No, not Preston...

And, I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE Red Mill.

Posted by: P Diddy | August 6, 2007 11:41 PM | Report abuse

I never went to camp anywhere but Ashburn, but from everything I've heard, it's never been the same since they left Carlisle.

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | August 6, 2007 11:44 PM | Report abuse

Come on, you Nats! Keep the bad man from hitting that millstone!

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | August 6, 2007 11:46 PM | Report abuse

Nate,

not much to tell. I was at camp in, hmmm... I think 1999, and yes we partied like it was said date, and were waiting outside the locker room to see Rod Milstead, who graduated with my my wife from Lackey High in Indian Head, MD. By were, I mean me and my bubba-in-law. And out came Darrell about 15 minutes before practice. He snuck around the autograph hounds completely unnoticed and then started to runfor the practice field. I saw him and turned into his path involuntarily whereupon he stepped on my foot and apologized profusely. I was easily six inches taller than he and I'm 6'2". He jogged off and left me to stammer, "No pppprroblem, Mr. Ggggreen."

Rod was a former student of my father-in-law and blew my bubba-in-law off when he saw us. I got to know him better when I taught and coaced at McDonough High and he at Lackey. Rod could have taken a few lessons on etiqutette from Darrell. Nuff said there.

Posted by: Larry Bud | August 6, 2007 11:48 PM | Report abuse

I'll be back up there in October, Diddy, a little road trip spurred by the Pogues. Maybe we could get together. I think enough time has passed since the Regrettable Shabingus that I'll be able to get out for an evening.

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | August 6, 2007 11:49 PM | Report abuse

P,

my little bubba's name is Preston. He said he flipped to being a Seahawks fan. I was holding out hope that you were him. C'est la vie. Red Mill is second only to Five Guys, IMO.

Sorry if my story disappoints, Nate. I have a funnier one about Rod Milstead. But that should be for a time when we're bashing the 49ers.

Posted by: Larry Bud | August 6, 2007 11:53 PM | Report abuse

POGUES????!!!??? No s*&$???

I love those guys! I thought they ceased to exist.

Posted by: Larry Bud | August 6, 2007 11:54 PM | Report abuse

Good work, Larry Bubba. But I have to admit I was hoping DG was running to help an old lady cross the street, get a kitten out of the tree, that sort of thing. Oh well.

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | August 6, 2007 11:55 PM | Report abuse

Nate, I'm ready for a much more civilized evening in October :-)

Posted by: P Diddy | August 6, 2007 11:58 PM | Report abuse

It's the real Pogues, LB. Back after a long break, kicking butt. I saw them twice in DC last spring and twice in SF last fall. They're back in the States in October. Hoping Shane keeps it together for Seattle.

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | August 6, 2007 11:59 PM | Report abuse

Aye, aye, Diddy. Maybe a cup of joe at your regular joint and then some tonic water and limes.

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | August 7, 2007 12:00 AM | Report abuse

All I have to say is that Belfast is a Dirty Ol' Town. Even Worse than the Aroma from Tacoma. I hope The Pacific NW Doesn't remind Shane too much of home. You're screwed if it does.

Posted by: Larry Bubba | August 7, 2007 12:02 AM | Report abuse

If ye don' like the Pogues you can pog mo thon

Posted by: Larry Bud | August 7, 2007 12:07 AM | Report abuse

I know this is tres gauche in Seattle, but i love Herkimer coffee.

Posted by: Larry Bud | August 7, 2007 12:08 AM | Report abuse

That's the spirit, LB.

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | August 7, 2007 12:09 AM | Report abuse

I have new candidate for worst movie ever: "My Super Ex-Girlfriend".

Posted by: P Diddy | August 7, 2007 12:10 AM | Report abuse

Awww, I'm feelin drunk and Irish now, boys.

Posted by: Larry Bud | August 7, 2007 12:11 AM | Report abuse

I know, repetetive redundacy to say, "drunk and Irish".

Posted by: Larry Bubba | August 7, 2007 12:12 AM | Report abuse

What is the penalty for BUI?

Posted by: P Diddy | August 7, 2007 12:14 AM | Report abuse

I certainly hope there's no penalty!!

Isn't it thoin?

Posted by: kost52 | August 7, 2007 12:16 AM | Report abuse

P,

BUI, I resemble that remark, my almost bubba. Don't go Seahawks on me, man. I'll have to get moms to disown you.

Posted by: Larry Bubba | August 7, 2007 12:19 AM | Report abuse

I would never, ever, ever go Seahawks on you. Trust me.

Posted by: P Diddy | August 7, 2007 12:20 AM | Report abuse

Cool, cause moms is worth $353, easy. So that's $175.50 for you, dude.

Posted by: Larry Bubba | August 7, 2007 12:22 AM | Report abuse

Wow, that's 17 martinis! That would take care of Thursday afternoon's bar tab, at least.

Posted by: P Diddy | August 7, 2007 12:24 AM | Report abuse

Man, I'm torqued. I think it's time to sleep.

Nate and P, good catchin' up. I promise not to be a stranger so much.

kost, keep spellin s*** with a "u" and get to Uluru.

Frostburg rulz... OK, not so much, but it's not too bad either.

Hail to my team, I love you guys.

LB jr. is actually going to wake up soon. I can feel it.

Pale Ale is not really pale. And Adirondack chairs suck. Darrell, I hold no grudges about the foot thing. Rod Milstead is a hose-head and the Pogues and all other Irish types are the coolest.

There's your summary for the evening, gentleman.

Cead mile failte.

Posted by: Larry Bud | August 7, 2007 12:30 AM | Report abuse

Hey Nate, I'd be willing to see the Pogues as well. Let me know the dates and place...

Change things up. That's my mantra. :-)

Posted by: P Diddy | August 7, 2007 12:45 AM | Report abuse

anybody still on?

Posted by: Redskin Willie | August 7, 2007 12:49 AM | Report abuse

Just me Willie. Making sure Barry Bonds doesn't break the record on our watch.

Posted by: SMACK | August 7, 2007 12:51 AM | Report abuse

Larry Bubba, may the pillow rise to meet you...

Diddy, the Pogues are playing October 17 -- a Wednesday, which is odd, but I'm taking Thur-Fri off to stretch it into a long family weekend, our last road trip before the new baby comes. The venue is a place I'm not familiar with, the Fenix, in the vicinity of Pioneer Square. Weird, I know. Tix are a wee expensive, so they should still be available.

I just remembered that you have a proclivity for bands named "The [somethings]". So I shoulda known.

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | August 7, 2007 12:51 AM | Report abuse

SMACK, my main man!!

I just got home from the cinema... saw "ONCE".

opened a bottle of Shiraz and wanted to tell everyone what a great flick it is.

Posted by: Redskin Willie | August 7, 2007 12:52 AM | Report abuse

Go Nats! The 22-YO pitcher is shutting the bad man down so far! We'll see if he/they can keep it up.

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | August 7, 2007 12:52 AM | Report abuse

Nathaniel!! My main man.

You have to run to the theater to see "Once" if you haven't already.

And if you have already, why didn't you mention it to me?

OK, this is a Skin's blog, but wft (sjk), we've been everywhere in the last few months and this movie knocked my d*ck in the dirt.

I'm headed to Amazon to buy the soundtrack.

Posted by: Redskin Willie | August 7, 2007 12:54 AM | Report abuse

did anybody else hear that the kid who threw the 755 pitch was suspended for 15 games in the minors?

for steroid use?

is that what's meant by "irony"?

Posted by: Redskin Willie | August 7, 2007 12:57 AM | Report abuse

Bonds is out of the game. Once he won't bat again he becomes a liability.

Willie is that an Aussie Shiraz? Maybe a Barossa Valley? I love that Valley.

Posted by: SMACK | August 7, 2007 12:58 AM | Report abuse

Redskin Willie - Just checked it out on IMDB, looks pretty good, 8.6/10!

Posted by: kost52 | August 7, 2007 12:58 AM | Report abuse

now i know how Larry Bud felt with his two, (or was it three? four?) growlers.

sigh....

Posted by: Redskin Willie | August 7, 2007 12:58 AM | Report abuse

Smack, it's a South African Shiraz, from Neil Ellis. But I'll try to make a note of Barossa Valley.

I headed to the local super the other day and had the wine steward select 6 bottles that were 10 bucks or less. So far, the Shiraz is my favorite.

Of course, I haven't opened either of the two Montepulciano's i purchased. For my taste buds, that's the best 8 buck wine i can find.

Keep in mind, folks, i've only had part of one glass, so this is comin' at ya about as sober as ol' Willie gets.

Man i loved that flick...

Posted by: Redskin Willie | August 7, 2007 1:02 AM | Report abuse

Which winery on that Shiraz?

Posted by: P Diddy | August 7, 2007 1:07 AM | Report abuse

I'm a huge fan of a good Shiraz or a good Barolo. Mmmmmm.

There's a new Italian joint down the street from me that has a great selection of inexpensive, stellar Italian wines. I've been learning a lot about different varietals and regions.

Italy and Australia...apart from the good ol U S of A, my two favorite countries.

Posted by: P Diddy | August 7, 2007 1:09 AM | Report abuse

Never had a bad Barossa, Willie. McLaren Vale is nice too. Love that Vale! Still recall my tour of Groot Constantia in 1977. South African wine is vastly underrated.

Posted by: SMACK | August 7, 2007 1:12 AM | Report abuse

TOTALLY agree, SMACK. Some of those South African wines are incredible.

Posted by: P Diddy | August 7, 2007 1:14 AM | Report abuse

PD,

I think if you asked most Americans which country they'd most like to visit, Australia would finish real close to Number One.

Two things make a great wine, in my humble opinion.

The first is obvious. The second is affordability.

What difference does it make how good a bottle o' grape is if real people can't scratch up the bucks to buy some?

I would say that's a rhetorical question, but i can't pronounce the word, much less spell it.

Posted by: Redskin Willie | August 7, 2007 1:14 AM | Report abuse

It is a humor and a privilege to be aligned tonight with two gentlemen who are not only inveterate bloggers, but brothers o' the buzz.

Lift your glasses, boys, to the camaraderie that keeps bringin' us back.

Posted by: Redskin Willie | August 7, 2007 1:17 AM | Report abuse

P, is that one L in Barolo or two?

Posted by: Redskin Willie | August 7, 2007 1:18 AM | Report abuse

I think there are good and bad wines at all price points. I went to a restaurant a few weeks ago and struck out on every single wine I purchased, and they were all over $50. 5 for 5 in stinky wines.

I then went to the aforementioned Italian place and had one of the best wines in my life for $7 a glass.

You never know, which is part of the fun, I suppose.

Of course, I am FAR from a wine snob. I don't know squat about wine.

Are we at a million posts yet?

Posted by: P Diddy | August 7, 2007 1:18 AM | Report abuse

One "l" in Barolo.

Posted by: P Diddy | August 7, 2007 1:19 AM | Report abuse

yes, P, you were supposed to say "Millionth!!!", but like most of life, it's all about the timing and the moment has passed.

Posted by: Redskin Willie | August 7, 2007 1:21 AM | Report abuse

The grape is a beautiful thing. It really tells the tale of recent history.

We no longer need to rely on France and Italy and Spain. Australia, South Africa, and Chile are kicking ass. The more the grape suffers, the better it tastes.

The good news is soon wine will be cheaper than gas.

Thanks for putting up with me skins fans.

Posted by: SMACK | August 7, 2007 1:23 AM | Report abuse

P, sorry about the serious stack o' fun tickets ya blew at the restaurant, but nice to know ya finally scored on the way home.

And what's to know about wine?

It's like guitars, golf clubs, and girls. Only totally different.

With guitars, golf clubs, and girls, you have to get your hands on 'em before ya know if ya like 'em.

With wine, it's more about the tongue. I mean palate. Sorry, not tongue. Palate.
Palate.

Posted by: Redskin Willie | August 7, 2007 1:27 AM | Report abuse

This game has been going on for so long, Barry Bonds is clean.

Posted by: SMACK | August 7, 2007 1:28 AM | Report abuse

Bottoms up! (sorry boys, I'm still detoxing :-) )

New blaw: any movie with Wanda Sykes in any sort of appearance is to be avoided. Love her standup routine, but wow, she's picked some dud movies to guest star in...

Posted by: P Diddy | August 7, 2007 1:28 AM | Report abuse

What would possess Uma Thurman to risk her serious hotness to do a movie this stupid?

What would possess me to stay up to watch this instead of going to a bar?

Posted by: P Diddy | August 7, 2007 1:30 AM | Report abuse

I don't speak for Skins fans Smack. But speakin' strictly for myself, the onliest thing i can think about ya that i don't like is that yer a Cowboys fan.
And speakin' strickly for m' damn self, most of the 'boys fans I've met in my time on the planet have been reasonably fine human becomings.
The point is, you always conduct yourself better on here than a lot of the b**tlicks that call themselves Skins fans.

And i'd be proud to call ya a friend.

I'm just sayin....

Posted by: Redskin Willie | August 7, 2007 1:31 AM | Report abuse

You mean like Pootie Tang??

Posted by: kost52 | August 7, 2007 1:32 AM | Report abuse

P, if it's a bar ye're headed to lad, might i suggest the one other than the dive with the fifty dollar wine ye didn't care for?

Posted by: Redskin Willie | August 7, 2007 1:32 AM | Report abuse

are we bloggin' our guts out or what?

Posted by: Redskin Willie | August 7, 2007 1:34 AM | Report abuse

Pootie Tang. Too funny!

Posted by: P Diddy | August 7, 2007 1:34 AM | Report abuse

so Kost, based on the IMDB rating, do ye think ye'll be headed to "Once"?

just curious...

Posted by: Redskin Willie | August 7, 2007 1:35 AM | Report abuse

Dumbest. Movie. Ever.

Time for me to go to bed.

Lotsa fun blogging, lads.

Posted by: P Diddy | August 7, 2007 1:36 AM | Report abuse

Not "Once", "My Super Ex-Girlfriend" is the dumbest movie ever.

Now I'm really going to bed :-)

Posted by: P Diddy | August 7, 2007 1:37 AM | Report abuse

Redskin Willie - It doesn't come out here for another month, but I reckon I just may! Unfortunately my girlfriend isn't a massive fan of going to the movies, been together about 10 months, and we've never gone to the movies together!

Posted by: kost52 | August 7, 2007 1:45 AM | Report abuse

Thanks, Willie. It's tough to think of myself as the enemy with all you cool dudes up here. Nate, kost, stumped, ahmad, 4-12, dealer/chamique, larry bud you know who you are.

Where are Lisa, SFskin, and Just Me??? Ladies?

Posted by: SMACK | August 7, 2007 2:11 AM | Report abuse

and the legendary p diddy, sorry bro

Posted by: SMACK | August 7, 2007 2:14 AM | Report abuse

Haven't had time to read the posts yet so if this is a duplicate, I apologize in advance.

A story about the 'skins first opponent.

Posted by: bangkokben | August 7, 2007 2:28 AM | Report abuse

It is official. Mike Sellers is the best Redskin on the roster (at least in my heart!)

Posted by: TDawg | August 7, 2007 3:54 AM | Report abuse

Love a goos Shraz and love the Pogues. Is McSowan still alive? Saw a crazy documentary on him a few years back that seeemd to indicate he was well on the way to drinking himself to death.

Posted by: Jason La Canfora | August 7, 2007 8:34 AM | Report abuse

I thought Shane was dead in the early 90's after leaving the Pogues, but then he came out with one great solo record (and another middling one).

I guess they thought about reuniting for years but the other guys were wary of Shane's, er, issues derailing the whole thing. But for the past four years or so they have gotten together for very successful reunion shows, usually around the Xmas holidays and of course Saint Paddy's day.

Three of the shows I saw were incredible, and during the fourth one Shane was a drunken mess so it was less musically pleasing and more of a circus.

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | August 7, 2007 9:37 AM | Report abuse

Interesting movie tip, Willie, on 'Once.' I don't get to the movies very frequently, but I'll keep an eye on that... maybe a Netflix candidate.

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | August 7, 2007 9:40 AM | Report abuse

Sellers aka Helter Seller ( skelter )

Posted by: Burg w/ a U | August 7, 2007 10:20 AM | Report abuse