Injury Update: Haynesworth to Have MRI

According to the Redskins, defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth is not at the facility in Ashburn today, but instead traveled to Tennessee for an MRI on his strained hip flexor.

Haynesworth suffered the injury in the second quarter of the loss to the Lions. He returned to play in the second half. He said afterward that "I didn't feel like myself." We will get a more thorough update from Coach Jim Zorn momentarily.

Middle linebacker London Fletcher has played in 179 consecutive NFL games and started 129 consecutive times. He said his bruised rib -- suffered in Sunday's loss to the Lions -- likely won't end those streaks.

"I'm not worried about that at all," Fletcher said. "I've had injuries like this before. It's just a matter of being able to deal with some pain."

Fletcher said he was hit by "friendly fire" when he was kneed by defensive end Andre Carter. "It's painful, but I'll deal with it," he said.

Fletcher, one of the team's captains and leaders, also addressed what the club needs to do to hold together. We'll get to some of those big-picture issues later in the day -- Jim Zorn is set to address the media at 12:25 p.m. -- but Fletcher was among the players who said the team has not abandoned Zorn.

In other injury news: cornerback Carlos Rogers said his sprained left ankle, sustained in the second quarter Sunday, is still painful. Rogers suffered the injury on a first-down touchdown pass to Bryant Johnson.

"I just turned it when I turned to jump, I turned my ankle before I could even get off the ground," Rogers said. "That's why I wasn't, I didn't even leave the ground. I looked at it yesterday and my foot was still on the ground. It's swollen. I sprained it, Grade 1 so it's not that bad."

Linebacker-defensive end Brian Orakpo said he got jabbed in the eye by a Detroit lineman. "Not serious," he said. Guard Chad Rinehart, who made his first NFL start, said he came out in the second half because he had a faulty chin strap. He was replaced by Will Montgomery.

By Barry Svrluga and Paul Tenorio  |  September 28, 2009; 12:17 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Cooley Gives Zorn a Vote of Confidence
Next: Bucs Come to Town with New Starting QB

Comments

I thought that CR played well in his first start....didn't hear his name called once....

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | September 28, 2009 12:25 PM | Report abuse

First to say first!

Posted by: ProspectorPete | September 28, 2009 12:26 PM | Report abuse

I love how Zorn says we didn't stop them on a 99 yard drive. You did stop them and then instead of having them try a 50 yard FG, you put a tired defense who had been on the field for 18 plays back out there by taking the penalty.

What a jackazz take some f_cking responsability for you actions.

Posted by: Flounder21 | September 28, 2009 12:26 PM | Report abuse

I think there are so many things wrong with the statements made by Cooley. No ownership of the problem. A laize fair attitude to losing. I think it's disappointing to read these quotes from one of the best players on the team. It speaks volumes as to what is happening at the park.

Posted by: TWISI | September 28, 2009 12:27 PM | Report abuse

Per Zorn, Albert has a strained glut. He sprained his fat a$$!

Posted by: scampbell1975 | September 28, 2009 12:28 PM | Report abuse

Haynesworth will travel to Tennessee for an MRI? What they don't have MRI machines in the Washington DC area?

Posted by: unclelonghair | September 28, 2009 12:28 PM | Report abuse

Haynnesworth had to take care of something personal in NAshville, so he went there....

Posted by: 4thFloor | September 28, 2009 12:30 PM | Report abuse

I'm tired of hearing Zorn saying we're getting better. What a load of crap. Said Haynesworth had something to take care of in Nashville. Travelling there has nothing to do with injury.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | September 28, 2009 12:30 PM | Report abuse

Yeah...wow let them them try a 50 yarder. I know Hanson is a good kicker...but wow. Never give teams second crack at 3rd down.

Posted by: chrislarry | September 28, 2009 12:30 PM | Report abuse

Zorn "we're getting better" Newsflash....No your not.

Posted by: FedorEm | September 28, 2009 12:31 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | September 28, 2009 12:25 PM

CR22 played bad yesterday. Hall played really well....

Posted by: 4thFloor | September 28, 2009 12:31 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: chrislarry | September 28, 2009 12:30 PM

Agreed dumb decision.

Posted by: TWISI | September 28, 2009 12:32 PM | Report abuse

sit portis/betts, play mason/alridge.

put Marko Mitchell in the game!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: pickps1 | September 28, 2009 12:33 PM | Report abuse

I've been ready all the comments all morning about what's wrong and who is to blame and so forth. The simple answer and the cold hard truth is we stink as organization. The Washington Redskins are the same team they've been for the past ten years and will continue to be under Dan Snyder. Face it everyone, we just aren't very good. The Redskins are a laughing stock where primadonna players come to get paid and occasionally show up to play hard every once in awhile. Coaches aren't immune to this either, they are paid handsomely and really don't have to worry about wins and losses b/c their bank accounts still look good. There is no hunger or drive in our players b/c they've already been paid or know they won't be paid when their time comes b/c the Redskins don't reward their own players they reward other teams players. I still love the Redskins but I've come to accept that getting all agro and trying to figure out what's wrong with this is just a collassal waste of my time. I'll still be a donkey and pay my money to Direct TV so I can stay up until 2 am after driving 5 hours from Rhode Island back to Vermont just see what I've seen so many times in the past 10 years. The Skins uncanny ability to make bad teams looks good. I knew as did most of you that as soon as we ran left and Portis fell down on the 4th and 2 and then we let a POS offense drive 99 yards on us to score a TD, that the Skins would lose this game. It has happened so many times before and will continue to happen again for one reason and one reason only. There is NO PRIDE in being a Redskin anymore, it just about a paycheck and that my friends is why we are the worst franchise in the NFL. Good luck solving all the problems but it's just a waste of time b/c no one, who is capable, can or will want to solve this mess.

Posted by: forever8-8 | September 28, 2009 12:33 PM | Report abuse

Zorn: PLEASE...2008 is gone...2009 is now

(Reporter was going back to 2-6 2nd half 08 record)

Zorn: No one is coming up in our locker room with questions like 'We haven't we scored 30'.

Posted by: 4thFloor | September 28, 2009 12:33 PM | Report abuse

ESPN just reported that Tampa Bay is benching Byron Leftwich and starting Josh Johnson against the Skins.

Posted by: RITCA | September 28, 2009 12:34 PM | Report abuse

"I think we are getting better and progressing." - Jim Zorn - actual quote about 10 min. ago.

Posted by: wescaddle1 | September 28, 2009 12:34 PM | Report abuse

Fine tune adjustments? Zorn thinks thats all we need huh? Crap, all crap.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | September 28, 2009 12:35 PM | Report abuse

Zorn about what he will say to the players: "I will just be real with them, I don't need to yell at a group of men"

YES YOU FREAKING DO!!!!!

Posted by: zjfr2 | September 28, 2009 12:36 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: RITCA | September 28, 2009 12:34 PM

Well, he certainly won't have to worry about pressure or injuries. Perfect week to start him.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | September 28, 2009 12:36 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: RITCA | September 28, 2009 12:34 PM

We always lose to 1st time starting QBs.....

Posted by: 4thFloor | September 28, 2009 12:36 PM | Report abuse

Josh Johnson is your new Bucs starting quarterback
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on September 28, 2009 12:28 PM ET

The Byron Leftwich era in Tampa has apparently lasted all of three games.
Josh Johnson will start for the Bucs this week in a matchup of struggling teams against the Redskins.

Leftwich won't even be the team's backup; first-round pick Josh Freeman will move into that role, with Leftwich moving to the No. 3 spot.

More to come on this move shortly.

--------------------------------------------

We know how they'll attack the skins defense. Run Carnell Williams early and often. On 3rd downs max protect and wait for the secondary to loose technique. I'm confident(sigh) that these issues will be addressed this week.

Posted by: TWISI | September 28, 2009 12:37 PM | Report abuse

Now I can pretend the Skins will beat Tampa this week by beating them over and over again this week in Madden 2010!

Posted by: FedorEm | September 28, 2009 12:40 PM | Report abuse

Zorn: "I don't believe there is" a big picture problem.

Which is why there is one.

Posted by: will_ga | September 28, 2009 12:41 PM | Report abuse

4th, Chad Rhinehart, not Rogers.......

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | September 28, 2009 12:42 PM | Report abuse

Zorn's conference was underwhelming. Same old stuff. No intensity. Blah,blah,blah

Posted by: TWISI | September 28, 2009 12:43 PM | Report abuse

Blitz, Play press man coverage and score points in the redzone. Play Marko, AA, and Mason. Get Jarmon, Wilson, and Orakpo on the field at the same time.

Posted by: FedorEm | September 28, 2009 12:45 PM | Report abuse

Hey guys, I caught the end of your game yesterday. Double ugh.

I didn't take any comfort from Miami's shambolic loss to the Chargers except that we lost to a legitimate contender this year (although a loss is still a loss and hurts just the same). With the toughest schedule in the NFL this year there's no doubt we will struggle, but what is Zorn's excuse?

Posted by: Redcoat | September 28, 2009 12:46 PM | Report abuse

Worst. Press. Conferance. Ever.

Posted by: 4thFloor | September 28, 2009 12:46 PM | Report abuse

Maybe we can watch how the Giants beat Tampa Bay and do EXACTLY what they did. But we won't.

Posted by: FedorEm | September 28, 2009 12:47 PM | Report abuse

sit portis/betts, play mason/alridge.

put Marko Mitchell in the game!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: pickps1

Great... Why don't we get Leigh Torrance to replace CR or D Hall as well. This is a ridiculous comment.

Posted by: dcwun | September 28, 2009 12:47 PM | Report abuse

Does anyone here think if we fire Zorn, bench Campbell and replace them with Gruden and Jeff Garcia(who should be released soon) we would have a playoff caliber team?

Posted by: jrenn2114 | September 28, 2009 12:47 PM | Report abuse

Beanie - Rhinehart was not a weakness yesterday. HE performed well.

Zorn was scared to run behind the Right Side the whole friggin game....

Posted by: 4thFloor | September 28, 2009 12:48 PM | Report abuse

Jreid -- this is one of the smarter points I've read in a while....

"The Redskins, however, couldn't have released him because it would have been a $9.6 million cap hit. But the Redskins often find themselves in bad cap situations like that because they continue to renegotiate contracts for a title run that has never occurred."

I've read here too often that the salary cap doesn't matter because the redskins always find a way to make room for a new signing. There is a flip side to each one of those renegotations/extension that are frequently ignored/missed by fans. Excellent point. We'll be saying the same things about Portis very soon.

Posted by: beatkal | September 28, 2009 12:49 PM | Report abuse

but what is Zorn's excuse?

Posted by: Redcoat | September 28, 2009 12:46 PM |

I'm paraphrasing...There is no big problem. They are improving. A little correction here and there and the skins will be fine.

Posted by: TWISI | September 28, 2009 12:49 PM | Report abuse

Jreid -- this is one of the smarter points I've read in a while....

Posted by: beatkal | September 28, 2009 12:49 PM | Report abuse

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Portis's longest run, that 15-yard scamper in the 3rd quarter, looked like it went behind Rinehart.

Posted by: RambleOn | September 28, 2009 12:49 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: RITCA | September 28, 2009 12:34 PM

Posted by: scampbell1975

Isn't that the truth. I can't think of a better defense to start a young QB against. We've made every QB feel comfortable and cozy in the pocket.

Posted by: dcwun | September 28, 2009 12:49 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: jrenn2114 | September 28, 2009 12:47 PM | Report abuse

only problem is Garcia and Gruden hate each other from the way Gruden treated Garcia in Tampa.

Posted by: zjfr2 | September 28, 2009 12:50 PM | Report abuse

ramble,

Yes I think your right.

Posted by: Flounder21 | September 28, 2009 12:50 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: jrenn2114 | September 28, 2009 12:47 PM | Report abuse

PLAYOFFS? Really? What part of yesterday's performance was playoff worthy? Put the kool aid away, you've had enough.

Posted by: ksquare | September 28, 2009 12:51 PM | Report abuse

I didn't bother watching/listening to Zorn, and I won't read a transcript of his press conference.

From what I gather of the comments posted up here, it's pretty much what I expected it to be: a mixed salad of stating the obvious, denials, and rolling out predictable company line cliches...

So much for Honest Zorn.

I guess that schtick is endearing when you are yucking up about bike-riding and mountain-climbing, but not so much when your arse is in the hot seat b/c you are failing at your job.

Posted by: p1funk | September 28, 2009 12:52 PM | Report abuse

Sorry Greg I fell asleep during Zorn's press conference.

Posted by: Flounder21 | September 28, 2009 12:52 PM | Report abuse

4th I thought they ran right a few times with success in the 2nd half....could be wrong....

RC, good to hear from you, how's things??

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | September 28, 2009 12:53 PM | Report abuse

Welcome back Redcoat.

Posted by: RambleOn | September 28, 2009 12:53 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: RITCA | September 28, 2009 12:34 PM

Great. Now Kellen Winslow's value takes a hit on my fantasy team...

Posted by: p1funk | September 28, 2009 12:56 PM | Report abuse

Zorn does not know how to utilize his players properly. If Malcolm Kelly and Devin Thomas were playing for the Colts, they would be "STARS". They would have 8-12 catches a game and catching touchdowns passes. They would probably have a nick name like the "Dynamic Duo". But instead they are playing for Zorn and still "coming along. What a fuc&%$# joke.

Posted by: pennstate1 | September 28, 2009 12:57 PM | Report abuse

flound, no worries...

who was the qb for tampa a few years back, that beat us in his first start.....

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | September 28, 2009 12:57 PM | Report abuse

agree with penn state, those guys are under utilized...

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | September 28, 2009 12:59 PM | Report abuse

PLAYOFFS!!!............. PLAYOFFS!!??? Heck... Were just trying to win a game.........

Posted by: cocodc1 | September 28, 2009 1:00 PM | Report abuse

We always lose to 1st time starting QBs.....
Posted by: 4thFloor |

Amen, Brother! The Skins are great at making average to below average players look like All-Pros and taking All-pros and above average talent and making them look average or below average.

Posted by: forever8-8 | September 28, 2009 1:00 PM | Report abuse

Bruce Gradkowski

Posted by: RambleOn | September 28, 2009 1:00 PM | Report abuse

Anyone that says soup is one of the top 5 problems on this team does not know what they are looking at.

I am not saying that he is an all pro-just that pinning the losses on him is pointless.

Posted by: blinders1 | September 28, 2009 1:02 PM | Report abuse

flound, no worries...

who was the qb for tampa a few years back, that beat us in his first start.....

Posted by: BeantownGreg1

That would be Bruce Gradkowski.

Posted by: dcwun | September 28, 2009 1:02 PM | Report abuse

ro, thanks....haha...have to laugh in leiu of tears.....

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | September 28, 2009 1:03 PM | Report abuse

Everybody blames Zorn and the offense, which wasnt spectacular, but its clear the defense lost the game yesterday. Zorn could have thrown Blache under the bus but he did not. People who are screaming for organization wide changes do not realize this is our problem in the first place. Every time something goes wrong we want to change it. Coach, QB, etc. Did anyone ever think that the Lions arent as bad as advertised. They have lost to arguably the two best teams in the NFC. That does not mean the skins should not have won, but this isnt the 0-16 team that everyone refers to. This loss isnt on Zorn, its on the players, in particular the defense

Posted by: KingJoffeJoffer | September 28, 2009 1:03 PM | Report abuse

They ran a 'few' times. 'Few' is the key.....

Posted by: 4thFloor | September 28, 2009 1:03 PM | Report abuse

Zorn doesn't kick the field goal because he didn't think 3 points meant that much, but he backs up Detroit and gives them another down instead of having them kick a 50 yard field goal.
WTF

Posted by: jmy999 | September 28, 2009 1:04 PM | Report abuse

How can people blame the defense, as bad as they played they gave up 19 points, the offense scores 14.
WTF

Posted by: jmy999 | September 28, 2009 1:05 PM | Report abuse

Hey Brian Mitchell here: Just wanted to give everyone an update...You may have seen how upset I was on my Comcast show, and to share with my fans so they can get my insider views, I am starting up a conference service every week for my fans to participate. This is a FREE CALL.
This week will be on Tuesday, Sept 29th at 1:00 pm, and then weekly on Mondays and Fridays at 1:00pm
The number to call is 7124328220 and enter show ID 5154 for interactive discussions with me. You can e-mail your questions to bmitch@comvl.com
prior and during the show. Talk to you soon

Posted by: brianmitchell | September 28, 2009 1:06 PM | Report abuse

If I had a choice of average players with great coaching or great players with average coaching I'd take the former. It's obvious we're the later. You can't deny the talent we have but our coaching is average at best. A 50 yarder is no "gimme" and I too am over the "we couldn't stop them on a 99 yard drive." YES THEY DID!!! Did we blitz at all??? Giving 10 yard cushions on 3rd and 5. Predictable red zone playcalling. No throws in the end zone at the end of the game(we try a DOUBLE hook and ladder)REALLY!!!??? Now we play a Bucs team that has lost 7 in a row and you know they can't wait to play us.

Posted by: vegasskinsfan | September 28, 2009 1:06 PM | Report abuse

It should have been 16 or maybe 13 had he missed that FG.

Zorn fails to mention that in his press conference.

Posted by: Flounder21 | September 28, 2009 1:07 PM | Report abuse

The defense is not the problem, when you have an offense that can't sustain drives and goes 3 and out, the defense is put back on the field. Looks at the Colt vs Miami, the colts had the ball for less than 15 mins but they scored when they had the ball.

Posted by: pennstate1 | September 28, 2009 1:07 PM | Report abuse

I remember a long time ago when D. Williams was our QB. Fourth and 1 from the 1 foot line. Gibbs calls a QB bootleg aroud the end. Worked evey single time. I think JC is a little more mobile than DW ever was. I believe that play may have worked?

Posted by: shanteefamilee | September 28, 2009 1:08 PM | Report abuse

ryanohalloran

I just want to vomit. That is such a load of crap. They're getting worse every week.

Posted by: will_ga | September 28, 2009 1:09 PM | Report abuse

Bmitch, come coach our special teams next year! Talk your boy Russ Grimm into coming back as coach and Charley Casserly back as GM!

Posted by: zjfr2 | September 28, 2009 1:09 PM | Report abuse

fire the owner

Posted by: chillsonic | September 28, 2009 1:09 PM | Report abuse

From the Times:

Redskins 360
Just returned from the Redskins locker room, which provided some interesting insights from various players.

First, who wasn't in the locker room. Four of the six captains -- London Fletcher gave his State of the Redskins and Rock Cartwright was also present. Nowhere to be found were Jason Campbell, Clinton Portis, Cornelius Griffin and Mike Sellers.

Some notes ...

*Several veterans contended that Jim Zorn's job security isn't a topic in the locker room.

"We’re not even talking about the coach’s job security, you guys are," veteran DE Phillip Daniels said. "I didn’t hear anything about Coach Zorn’s job after the game. I never thought he was in jeopardy. I just thought we had some situations where we could have made more plays and didn’t do it."

CB Carlos Rogers said the Redskins are a team without an identity right now but said firing Zorn isn't the right move.

"What’s that going to do? Make the team better? Who’s going to be the head coach?" Rogers said. "He has a lot of stuff on his plate to worry about and control this team. A lot of us are still here for him, I think.

"We don’t have an identity. I don’t know what we’re going to be on offense, I don’t know what we’re going to be on defense. Until we establish ourselves as a whole group, that’s when things will work out better for everybody."

*Cartwright, a Redskin since 2002, said this week will carry the biggest sense of urgency he can remember.

Zorn is Cartwright's third head coach and he's been around The Danny long enough to know that speculation is going to happen.

Asked if Zorn has a lot of guys in his corner, Rock said: "I think he does. It’s about guys pulling together. He’s not the only one in this. It’s everybody – we lose and win together. We’ll stick behind him."

*DE/OLB Brian Orakpo said he had to leave the game for a few plays because he got in the eye area -- but it wasn't a poke in the eye.

WTF, why are't CP/CG/MS getting treatment for their injuries at the park....Portis is starting to get on my nerves, all show, and no go...

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | September 28, 2009 1:10 PM | Report abuse

"It don't matter if Joe Gibbs was here or any All-Star coach, they're still going to point fingers," Haynesworth said of the coaching criticism.

No, if Joe Gibbs were there you wouldn't have lost this one.

Posted by: 4thFloor | September 28, 2009 1:11 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: KingJoffeJoffer

I blame Zornron and Blah! The calls on both sides of the ball suck. 4th and 1 and everyone, and I mean everyone knew we were running to the left. As for Greg "Blah" if you have 3rd and 18 with a rookie, what do you do? Pressure him all day and we didn't. The Jets or Ravens would have been licking their chops all day because they know their D coordinator would have a rookie QB terrified.

Posted by: dcwun | September 28, 2009 1:11 PM | Report abuse

Zorn on #Redskins: "In the big picture, things are progressing. We’re getting better."

Hmmm, disappeared

Posted by: will_ga | September 28, 2009 1:11 PM | Report abuse

Coat,
If parcells gets tired of the Miami project, we've got an even bigger challenge for him.

Posted by: _Stumped_ | September 28, 2009 1:11 PM | Report abuse

Isn't Parcell's team 0-3?

Posted by: will_ga | September 28, 2009 1:14 PM | Report abuse

So Marko Mithell was deactivated and Anthony Aldridge was signed to the 53 man roster and was active for yesterdays game. Here's a guy with 4.3 speed, but did he play one down yesterday? I didn't see him. If AA was playing for the lions yesterday, he would probably would have had a big day rushing because the lions would have played him. I guess he's not good enough for Zorn. Zorn perfers Portis running in slow motion towards the line or scrimmage.

Posted by: pennstate1 | September 28, 2009 1:15 PM | Report abuse

The Redskins stink. Time to move the franchise. Possibly to San Antonio. Change their name to the Defenders. Prohibit Danny Snider from ever owning another franchise.

Posted by: scholls3 | September 28, 2009 1:15 PM | Report abuse

I saw this poll over on Redskins.com.

Which stat worries you the most in Sunday's 19-14 loss to the Lions?
-Just 65 rushing yards by Redskins
-Offense was 2-of-10 on 3rd downs
-381 yards allowed by defense
-'D' allowed 10-of-18 on 3rd downs
-Nine penalties, 97 yards
-Lost possession time by 13 minutes

Which flavor of BAD do you like the most?
My big picture flavor is Rocky Road.

Posted by: _Stumped_ | September 28, 2009 1:15 PM | Report abuse

"How can people blame the defense,"

I agree, they've been phenomenal. They held Detroit to scoring drives of 12 plays, 99 yards; 11 plays, 74 yards; 18 plays, 86 yards; and 8 plays, 85 yards. The offense opened the game with a measly 11 play, 75 yard drive, and the defense backed up that dismal as-close-to-3-and-out-as-you-can-get by shutting down the Lions with on their 12 play, 99 yard TD drive. You can't ask for much more from this defense. Really. They've been excellent. There's not much the defense can do when the offense is putting together 12 play drives that rests the defense on the sideline for considerable time. Anybody criticizing the defense needs to get a clue.

Posted by: psps23 | September 28, 2009 1:17 PM | Report abuse

"It was the offense"

"It was the defense"

"It was players"

"It was coaches"

"It was management"

Only answer: It was every swinging soul!

Posted by: chrislarry | September 28, 2009 1:18 PM | Report abuse

Zorn also didn't mention that had we kicked that field goal in the 1st quarter we could have won the game in the 4th with a field goal.

Shoot, if we kick that field goal in the 1st, and Zorn doesn't make his other stupid call to give the lions another down, we win even without a field goal in the 4th.

Zorn directly contributed to our loss with multiple stupid decisions. He's not only not helping the situation, but actively sabotaging the team with his stupidity.

Posted by: ecale25 | September 28, 2009 1:18 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: scholls3

Whatever jacka$$.

Posted by: dcwun | September 28, 2009 1:18 PM | Report abuse

WTF

Posted by: jmy999 | September 28, 2009 1:05 PM | Report abuse

giving up 19 points is not bad, unless it is against the lions. and came in drives of 99, 74, 86 and 85 yards. and it came against a rookie qb...etc, etc...

Posted by: dcsportsfan1 | September 28, 2009 1:19 PM | Report abuse

I think the biggest problem with the Skins is that they are soft. It's like we are fielding the cheerleaders instead of professional football players. No one on the team (except CP and Fletcher...and haynesworth) comes out with any fire. CP sacrifices his body to try and dive into the endzone and no one gets excited. Fletcher runs all over the field putting hits on people and the D still plays soft. Haynesworth punks two O-lineman to sack the QB and the D is still flat.

We need a coach like Mike Singletary. Makes these pansies run hills and hit people. No way Heyer's marshmallow ass starts for singletary.

Posted by: ecale25 | September 28, 2009 1:21 PM | Report abuse

psp, thats just funny....

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | September 28, 2009 1:21 PM | Report abuse

Let's look at the positives:

1) The Skins scored 2 offensive touchdowns yesterday (the 1st of the season) wihtout having to resort to a gimmick play.

2) I got nothing...

Posted by: RITCA | September 28, 2009 1:22 PM | Report abuse

LOL @ 4-12's "comments"...that's how i felt but just said whatever CL, gweez and red are saying.

one thing i have to add...this is not a let's discuss micro (schemes, plays, qb's, rb's, coaches) stuff-monday after a loss-monday.  this loss is let's start to make a case for a better GM.  if he can't pick a good GM then brown bag days are not far along.

this team was booed at home after they had WON.  what you think it'll be like after they lost to the lions?! and how they lost to the lions.

yeah, skins is my team.  but don't tell me i need to like the way it's run to be a fan of this team.  that's george bushism. i want to do anything and everything to get my team back to its glory days.  wear a bag in the stadium? that's nothing.  how bout not showing up at the game, not buying merchandise, not eating at johnny rockets, not going to six flags, not going to tom cruise movies...

i plan to do all of that because i love this team.  because i believe these actions are the only way our beloved owner will listen to us.  cuz it is all about the bottom line.

Posted by: dealer1 | September 28, 2009 1:22 PM | Report abuse

Winning teams can stop rookie qbs on 3rd and 13 and can also score from the one yard line.Zorn pushes the envelope and its his fault because the players can't execute? Everyone knew we were running left last year and it didnt matter. For Zorn to kick a field goal would have been saying to his team that I dont think you can get a yard. He had faith in his team and they screwed him.

Chrislarry is right, everyone is culpable in this one.

Posted by: KingJoffeJoffer | September 28, 2009 1:23 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: ecale25 | September 28, 2009 1:21 PM |

I hope this was a joke if you mean he missed the cut back, and fell down untouched then your right.

Posted by: Flounder21 | September 28, 2009 1:23 PM | Report abuse

Too racy for you squareheads, eh, WP?? Something needs to be done to shake this team awake, bring in Garcia, fire Zorn, a bottle of Jolt, anything..Zorn is providing the trickle-down blase'-faire attitude infecting this team, TORCH HIM!!

Posted by: frak | September 28, 2009 1:24 PM | Report abuse

The defense played poorly yesterday, I don't disagree, but lets not forget, if Zorn isn't stupid and he takes that penalty early they score 16 points. And if the Horton PI isn't called (didn't look like interference to me) they score 9 points. Even still, they only gave up 19 points and our offense was playing one of the worst defenses in the league and couldn't put 20 points on the board. They keep talking about how we've never scored 30 under Zorn, heck we hardly ever score 20. The defense played badly, but one legit TD and one garbage time TD against one of the worst defenses in the league after a week of no TDs against another is pitiful and is what is killing this team, not the defense.

Posted by: zjfr2 | September 28, 2009 1:24 PM | Report abuse

not going to tom cruise movies...
------

Why would you even go to one to begin with?

Posted by: RITCA | September 28, 2009 1:24 PM | Report abuse

yeah, skins is my team.

deal, how can I say this nicely.....fibber.....get your lion lovin self out of here....

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | September 28, 2009 1:25 PM | Report abuse

For those who bare going to the Bucs game this Sunday!! Can we get a "Snyder you suck" chant going. I think that is the only thing that can save my season at this point. If all 97K were chanting that, it would be the greatest thing ever!!!! Spread the word

Posted by: cromag23 | September 28, 2009 1:25 PM | Report abuse

I'm pretty disgusted with the Skins. They are officially the worst team in the NFL...

The blame clearly has to be spread amongst multiple people:

* Cerrato for not focusing more on the right side of the OL in the off-season and not finding a QB for the future.

* Zorn for poor play calling, that results in one-dimensional play, which usually doesn't fool anyone. His team lacks discipline, fails to execute plays, and he appears to have trouble preparing his players emotionally (and sometimes mentally/physically) for games.

* Smith for continuing to use ARE on punt returns, Rock on kickoff returns, and failing to implement good blocking schemes.

* Blatche for a total lack of defensive aggressiveness. He has the personnel now -- use them and stop all the passive zone crap. It doesn't work when a QB has 4-5 seconds to throw and can easily make 8-12 yd gains per play.

* Campbell for taking too long to make a decision, lacking any kind of deception, and not throwing accurately. Either he cannot throw a timing pass or Zorn doesn't trust his players enough to execute one. I think it's pretty clear that he's just going to be a backup QB in the league...

It's painful to watch how awesome the Ravens offense executes vs. the Skins considering both teams have second year head coaches skilled in the WCO offense.

This team lacks leadership, discipline, and a killer instinct...

Posted by: siris | September 28, 2009 1:26 PM | Report abuse

One thing that bothers me more than anything is the coaches/player/organization is always reacting. After the game Blache said they didn't blitz because the Lions were max-protecting. Who cares if they were? The Ravens don't. The Jets don't. Everything they do is based of what someone else is doing. Not what they want to do.

Posted by: Lacantwrite | September 28, 2009 1:26 PM | Report abuse

Having watched the Presser, it sounded more like AH had personal business in Tennessee, and that he wasn't actually out for an MRI.

Posted by: Veretax | September 28, 2009 1:27 PM | Report abuse

Zorn: 'We're getting better'
By JohnTaylor on Sept. 28, 2009 into Redskins 360

Jim Zorn didn't want to look back during his brief Monday afternoon media availability, either to 2008 -- when his Redskins lost six of their last eight games -- or to the first few games of this season, which has his team off to a lackluster, 1-2 start.

The latest number in that loss column, of course, came in Sunday's 19-14 loss at Detroit, breaking the Lions' losing streak after 19 games.

In fact, Zorn insists he sees progress from his team.

"In the big picture things are progressing, we're getting better," Zorn said.

(I shared that quote with a friend of mine, a huge Redskins fan and a season ticket holder, who responded: "Does this picture stretch to 2016?")

But back to Zorn: "We're just going to continue to press on and take care of the details. ... We have to look and see what happens and take care of the details and take care of the things that will help us win."

The only other real highlight from the presser came after a reporter asked if he'd spoken with Redskins owner Dan Snyder on Sunday after the game. "Not much," Zorn said. "I haven't spent a lot of time with him, but I'll be spending a lot of time with him this week, no question."

Zorn was pressed on expectations and the mood in the locker room, as well as motivation and frustration among players. The coach insisted that questions about job security, or him losing the players, come from "outside our locker room."

Still, Zorn said he'd have his team ready to "regroup" with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers coming to town on Sunday, though he doesn't expect he'll need to do anything special to motivate the troops.

So don't expect him to do anything other than "stay medium."

"I think I will be 'real' to them," Zorn said. "I don't need to yell at a bunch of men to say, 'Come on guys, let's go now.' And I don't have to play a psychological game with them either."

Ryan O'Halloran is out at Redskins Park today and he'll have a lot more later on the blog and on the site. So, stay tuned.

- John Taylor

Posted by: 4thFloor | September 28, 2009 1:29 PM | Report abuse

this team was booed at home after they had WON. what you think it'll be like after they lost to the lions?! and how they lost to the lions.

yeah, skins is my team. but don't tell me i need to like the way it's run to be a fan of this team. that's george bushism. i want to do anything and everything to get my team back to its glory days. wear a bag in the stadium? that's nothing. how bout not showing up at the game, not buying merchandise, not eating at johnny rockets, not going to six flags, not going to tom cruise movies...

i plan to do all of that because i love this team. because i believe these actions are the only way our beloved owner will listen to us. cuz it is all about the bottom line.

Posted by: dealer1 |

I don't think that it's just about the bottom line. Snyder spends the money and truly wants to win. His decision making has been sH$$ty in regards to who he has coaching and running the franchise. They sure did talk a lot about continuity when Gibbs left and I haven't seen it.

Posted by: dcwun | September 28, 2009 1:29 PM | Report abuse

So ... howzzz my prediction of 4-12 look now boyz? Eh? You are the jack azz's not Zorn. YOU and yo. Because Snyder thinks like you.

"What our offensive line is fine we need beasts on the defensive line. Pass rush. Never mind what system Blache uses. Springs is old, Hall is fine and who cares about the defensive backfield".

Bunch of silly yardapes are as bad as Snyder

Posted by: periculum | September 28, 2009 1:30 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: ecale25
--------------
If the skins kick the fg in the first then the lions kick the extra point after their last score and go up by 4. Or is my math off?

Posted by: RambleOn | September 28, 2009 1:30 PM | Report abuse

OK - I was waiting to say this - I've never had the "pleasure" of going to Fed Ex field, and watching this team from 1300 miles away for 20 years has been frustrating, to say the least.

As far as booing next week goes - WHY? You booed last week. You got it out. Are you not a fan of the team? Do you not want them to win? Do you think booing will motivate the team, or is it simply a way of saying "you stink, and I'm silly to spend 100's of dollars each week to see you."

I'd say that the team needs our support after yesterday. Sure, if they go 3-7 for the first 10 games of the season, come back and check in with me then; I'll probably be booing too.

But give them a chance, this week, to pivot off of a poor loss. Maybe the Lions game will give them all the shot in the rear that they needed.

Posted by: JohnDinHouston | September 28, 2009 1:32 PM | Report abuse

I think the 2 key things that I am really burning on are the facts that we came out flat after barely beating the Rams and enduring so many experts picking Detroit to beat our sorry asses. How does your team come out flat for this game? They should have been out to prove everyone wrong and bring some respectability back to the team (well that didn't happen). After listening to Zorn's press conference it is just really disturbing to hear about "progress" and we just need to change "little things". This team needs someone like Singletary who makes players accountable and creates a mentally strong team. This is a rudderless ship with no one in charge.

Posted by: dwninit71 | September 28, 2009 1:33 PM | Report abuse

And trust me, feel free to stop buying tickets (oh wait - you've already got them for the full year!) and merchandise. There's someone in line right behind you that's glad to snap up what you don't buy.

Posted by: JohnDinHouston | September 28, 2009 1:34 PM | Report abuse

Redskins next 3 opponents:
Bucs: Rookie QB Josh Johnson- I’m sure he’s excited about playing the skins, he may have 300 yds passing and 3 touch downs, no sacks, no hurries.
===
Panthers: Poor Jake, he’s had it rough since the playoffs but happy days are ahead when he plays the skins. I’m sure that he can’t wait to put up big numbers and regain his pro bowl form.
===
Chiefs: Matt Cassel has been struggling but just hang in there Matt, you will soon look like a pro bowl QB and may have a Joe Montana like day against the “all day” prevent defense that the skins play.

Posted by: pennstate1 | September 28, 2009 1:34 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: siris
====================
Look, I'm pretty disgusted too, but this is no where true.
Oakland, KC, and Cleveland definitely have bigger problems (from the ownership to the coach to the players).
I'd also throw in Tampa Bay, St. Louis, Jacksonville, and Houston to that list. Granted we aren't the cream of the crop, but we aren't baement dwellers either.

Posted by: RITCA | September 28, 2009 1:35 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: JohnDinHouston

I agree. I'm just as disgusted and embarrassed by the team's play as anyone. Booing wouldn't to a thing to help.

Posted by: dcwun | September 28, 2009 1:35 PM | Report abuse

if he doesn't score a td who do we bench him for in the next game

Posted by: lilhollywood10 | September 28, 2009 1:35 PM | Report abuse

zjfr2:
True the offense is bad but:
rookie QB, rarely blitzed, no pressure
RB running all over the D line
DBs playing way off the ball, again
D line has been able to produce a pass rush since 2005
who was the dline coach then? Captain Blache, its time for a mutiny!

Posted by: priceisright | September 28, 2009 1:35 PM | Report abuse

The key to success in my opinion is to not pass so much to Santonio Moss but to pass more to Kelly Malcolm.

Posted by: RambleOn | September 28, 2009 1:36 PM | Report abuse

Is it me or do those Zorn quotes sound strangely like the BS Norv used to puke out week after week in the mid/late 90's.

Although those teams were better....

Posted by: chrislarry | September 28, 2009 1:36 PM | Report abuse

CL - you're right - I kept wondering where I'd heard similar comments before - Norv!

Posted by: JohnDinHouston | September 28, 2009 1:38 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: RambleOn

I can't say I've ever seen Santonio Moss play.

Posted by: dcwun | September 28, 2009 1:39 PM | Report abuse

beeps

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | September 28, 2009 1:39 PM | Report abuse

Look, I'm pretty disgusted too, but this is no where true.

Posted by: RITCA | September 28, 2009 1:35 PM
=====
Do you really believe that the skins could beat any of the above teams?????

Posted by: pennstate1 | September 28, 2009 1:39 PM | Report abuse

Beepage

Posted by: McMetal | September 28, 2009 1:42 PM | Report abuse

RITCA, We are basement dwellers b/c all the teams you mentioned don't look at themselves as contenders year in and year out like the skins, we think we are always one FA signing away from going to the SuperBowl. It's precisely that attitude that puts on the bottom maybe one notch above the Raiders but we're closing the gap quickly.

Posted by: forever8-8 | September 28, 2009 1:47 PM | Report abuse

Coat,

Posted by: _Stumped_ | September 28, 2009 1:11 PM | Report abuse

Isn't Parcell's team 0-3?

Posted by: will_ga | September 28, 2009 1:14 PM | Report abuse

Yes we are. Against Atlanta (away), Indy (home) and San Diego (away). No basement dwellers there as all 3 were playoff teams last year and may all be again this year....

Hi Greg, I'm good work-wise, grumpy team-wise. I despair of the Fins secondary as they apparently went to the DeAngelo Hall school of cover cornering. :-) Someone needs to tell them that they don't have to provide an escort for the receiver all the way to the end zone, they could actually tackle him if they want!

By the way, all that guff about your defense being tired on that long Lions drive yesterday? Trying asking the 84-play Indy defense about being tired on the field and then review how they played against the high-powered Arizona offense 6 days (and several thousand miles) later!

Too many excuses, not enough accountability.

Posted by: Redcoat | September 28, 2009 1:56 PM | Report abuse

FIRST, THANK YOU ZORN FOR ALLOWING JC TO RUN THE "O" IN SHOTGUN... SECOND, THE MEDIA PUTTIN TO MUCH PRESSURE ON JZ ABOUT THE "O' AND HOW WE CAN'T GET IN THE ENDZONE. IF WE THE MEDIA WOULD LEAVE JZ ALONE HE WOULD HAD KICK THE FIELD GOAL ON THE FIRST DRIVE BECAUSE WHY WE ARE ON THE ROAD.

ZORN STOP SECOND GUESSIN URSELF AND CALL A FOOTBALL GAME. IF PLAYERS DON'T WANT TO PLAY IN UR SYSTEM SIT THERE BUTTS DOWN.

Posted by: taylormade218 | September 28, 2009 1:58 PM | Report abuse

Why did Haynesworth have to travel all the way to Tennessee? Don't we have the same MRI experts in the D.C. area? And what a great investment of $41 million.

I'm convinced that with this organization, you could put a Redskins jersey on a guy like Jerry Rice, during the height of his career, and he would have instantly started running backwards.

Posted by: john24 | September 28, 2009 2:02 PM | Report abuse

Maybe Haynesworth can find his lungs with that mri..He seems to find the local Sizzler from looking at his round tummy...

Face it, The Danny bought another stale horse with him. In fact we can have a Danny all-star line up of also rans and has beens. We Brandon llyold, Deon, Adam A, Bruce Smith, ..help me out guys!!

Posted by: nowhine | September 28, 2009 2:03 PM | Report abuse

dcwun...

And a hearty ..Whatever Jack$$$ to you.

Posted by: scholls3 | September 28, 2009 2:04 PM | Report abuse

BREAKING NEWS!
King Albert has a bruised hunk of blubber in his caboose. Everyone can stop panicking now. over and out...

Posted by: fu1123 | September 28, 2009 2:04 PM | Report abuse

For those who don’t know.  Greg is referring to what I said about the lions before the draft this year.  I said the lions are in a better shape than the skins.  Yesterday I was proven right.  (would anyone want to argue with the results?).  I picked the lions to win on this wapo thingie.

Also others will join me but it will take time.  I’ve been off the Vinny bandwagon since trung candidate/and that running back we gave up.  Slowly but surely people are coming around.  I’ve been off zorn’s bandwagon since he didn’t know what the team colors were and then I read the story that he told his girlfriend (now his wife) in the middle of a lake that she has bad breath.  He is not a very sharp person.

Posted by: dealer1 | September 28, 2009 2:11 PM | Report abuse

Let Tom Cruise call the plays.....

Posted by: natman19 | September 28, 2009 2:13 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: ecale25 | September 28, 2009 1:21 PM |

Posted by: Flounder21 | September 28, 2009 1:23 PM

Need to bench Grandma Feet/CP or put him on IR. Guy is done, thank you for your services. Don't need to hear anymore nonsense from him. I'm finished backing this dude, even his blocking won't help at this point. When an opponent focuses on stopping him they do it easily. It's a waste of a play running portis or dumping the ball to him.

Posted by: bhoang888 | September 28, 2009 2:14 PM | Report abuse

Who is to blame? Lets examine the facts...
Who picked "my cousin Vinny" as GM (never having been anything in the NFL, let alone a GM)?
Who picked Zorn as Head Coach (never having been more that a QB or line coach)?
Who signes big name free agent failures every year, trying to buy a championship?
Who hit grandma with a lawsuit for not being able to pay for her tickets?
That's right people - Danny Boy!
We need to send him our own message on ticket sales! We need to demand a better product!
What the fans need to do is boycot one game! Just one game, and we will get his attention, I guaranty it!

Posted by: randybapst1 | September 28, 2009 2:18 PM | Report abuse

Albert HaynesAintWorthIt

Posted by: upland_bill | September 28, 2009 2:18 PM | Report abuse

You can blame whoever you want for the mess the skins have been in for the past 10-years i.e. players, coaches, GM and owner.. The fact of the matter is that "we", the fans are to blame. So take ownership of destroying your team and do something to change it. You and you alone have the power to change the mistakes that are made. How? Don't pay for tickets to the game, if you've already paid don't buy a thing at the stadium, don't purchase any jerseys or other Skins products. Danny-boy only understands one thing - MONEY! Every year he pays top dollar to "stars" who turn out to be nothing but a bust. How can we change that? Where do you think he gets this money from? Thats right...you! It sure isn't coming from Six Flags, Johnny Rockets, or any of his other failed/failing businesses. So if you really want to see a change tell every skins fan you know NOT to give Danny another penny of their money.

Posted by: dwilcox2 | September 28, 2009 2:19 PM | Report abuse

Faulty Chin Strap? Really?

Posted by: clark202 | September 28, 2009 2:21 PM | Report abuse

redskins are the worst run franchise in pro sports try drafting players to build team cant do it thru free agency look how the ravens do it draft players then add some free agents no big names but role players with no ego,also last year albert was in a contract year,this is the albert u will get he was considered a bust the first couple years he stomped on a face of a player from cowboys andre gurrod i think the redskins suck GO RAVENS 3-0

Posted by: baltraven52 | September 28, 2009 2:22 PM | Report abuse

I don't care if its Portis or Rudy in the backfield, can Zorn please call running plays that are on both sides of the line and up the middle. That's all I'm asking.

Posted by: clark202 | September 28, 2009 2:23 PM | Report abuse

we don't have a line that can support the run!

Posted by: randybapst1 | September 28, 2009 2:25 PM | Report abuse

we don't have a line that can support the run!

Posted by: randybapst1 | September 28, 2009 2:26 PM | Report abuse

FIRE VINNY! FIRE VINNY! FIRE VINNY!

Replace him with a real GM who wouldn't flunk out of 9th grade. Let THAT guy decide what to do with the coaching staff.

Posted by: drischord | September 28, 2009 2:40 PM | Report abuse

Let Jim Zorn hire his assistant coaches and pick the players on his team. Make Jim Zorn President and head coach and let him have a fair chance. This cluster f is not going anywhere. FIRE VINNY NOW.

Posted by: HelloNewman1 | September 28, 2009 2:43 PM | Report abuse

Problem is the skins have no running game -at this point in this career Portis needs a huge hole to gain any yards and the line is incapable of providing him one. Running backs age in dog years once they have been in the league a while and it seems like Portis has been around forever (somehow he is only 27 but think he was about 18 when he came into league)

Posted by: Axel2 | September 28, 2009 3:06 PM | Report abuse

for a big guy, Albert is a real pussy...
this will go down as one of the biggest waste of money in Deadskin history...
and I love it

Posted by: griffmills | September 28, 2009 3:10 PM | Report abuse

"Guard Chad Rinehart, who made his first NFL start, said he came out in the second half because he had a faulty chin strap."

How long will Chad be out with the faulty chin strap injury? I know these can very very tricky injuries these faulty chin straps.

Seriously.....I mean they could not find a good chin strap anywhere in the stadium?

Posted by: hz9604 | September 28, 2009 3:21 PM | Report abuse

i find it funny that people on this blog think that they have something original or substantial to comment on the skins state...you all suck, just as bad as the team you support, go skins, screw the media and screw you half a$$ed bloggers who think you have something worth saying.
peace out

Posted by: BMACattack | September 28, 2009 3:27 PM | Report abuse

BMAC, someone might need to get laid....you think?

Posted by: griffmills | September 28, 2009 3:32 PM | Report abuse

Snyder threw all his eggs in one big Haynesworth basket, and got 'em all broken. Way to go. $100,000,000 down the tubes! It's all about Dan Snyder. Yay.

Posted by: swatkins1 | September 28, 2009 3:36 PM | Report abuse

Some folks believe Coach Zorn and his playcalling are limiting Jason Campbell's ability to produce.

Some folks believe Coach Zorn's playcalling is limited by Jason Campbell's inability to produce.

Why not use the handy built in Diagnostic tool sitting on the bench?

His name is Todd Collins.

Give him the starter's reps this week and start him against Tampa Bay.

If he's an improvement and the offense begins to work, give him a second week.

If the offensive improvement is sustained against Carolina...Collins keeps the starting job and we know what the problem is/was. Campbell rides the pine pony, and we happily comply with any trade requests.

If the improvement doesn't occur, or is not sustained, bench him, and back to Campbell. Then we know Zorn isn't able to work things out with Campbell, and we look for a new coach in the off-season.

Or are weeks and weeks of drama and angst what we're really looking for here?

Me I'm a solution guy. Take action and pay attention.

Hail (despite the lack of good to hail at this moment...)!

Posted by: ThinkingMan | September 28, 2009 3:43 PM | Report abuse

"Hail", I always thought that was the dumbest, most ridiculous chant I ever heard...stupid chant for stupid fans, for sure.."Hail"...

Posted by: griffmills | September 28, 2009 3:50 PM | Report abuse

I blame the Cooke family for selling the team to an assbag

Posted by: millertime1979 | September 28, 2009 3:51 PM | Report abuse

I blame the Cooke family for selling the team to an assbag

Posted by: millertime1979 | September 28, 2009 3:54 PM | Report abuse

$100M down the tubes - predictable. How can A guy weighing 350 friggin pounds not get hurt. It's a distortion of the human body.

Posted by: adrienne_najjar | September 28, 2009 3:58 PM | Report abuse

Fail wretched Deadskins
Fail miserably
Fail wretched Deadskins
a blight on old DC

Posted by: adrienne_najjar | September 28, 2009 4:00 PM | Report abuse

I blame the Cooke family for selling the team to an assbag.
===========================================
Millertime, that was classic! :-)

Posted by: clark202 | September 28, 2009 4:09 PM | Report abuse

Thanks Clark202!...It's the truth!!!
If the Cooke's actually gave a sh** about this team they, A) Would have kept the team in the family, or B) Chosen someone with some kind of football IQ, but they went with C) A snot-nosed thirty-something with a big ass wallet and small time knowledge. The only thing Snyder cares about is making a name for himself and a few million dollars along the way. A good example was the building a stadium in Virginia and changing the name to FedEx Field. JKC should be the name of the stadium because JKC sponsored championship football, something Danny Boy knows nothing about. This team should never have left the damn family in the first place. They should be ashamed of themselves. The Cooke patriarch is tumbling in his grave.

Posted by: millertime1979 | September 28, 2009 4:32 PM | Report abuse

something else that burns me about Snyder is Cerrato...Have any of you guys actually looked at our drafts the last couple years? We could have picked AP but we chose Landry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WTF HAS LANDRY DONE other than get plowed over by Brandon Jacobs?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? These two bums need to get the hell out of DC!

Posted by: millertime1979 | September 28, 2009 4:53 PM | Report abuse

For goodness' sake Albert get off the field! How can you enjoy your 100 mil if you're hobbling around on crutches, or pushing yourself around in a wheelchair? Don't work too hard man, if you're hurt that money isn't going to spend itself!

Posted by: john65001 | September 28, 2009 4:55 PM | Report abuse

The only thing Cerrato has done in the NFL is draft T.O...that's it.

What have you done for this franchise pal?

Posted by: millertime1979 | September 28, 2009 4:56 PM | Report abuse

He must be seeing the same physician as Clinton Portis. Have never seen so many phantom injuries that seem to restrict them from doing anything more than cashing their checks. Whatta bum!

Posted by: Vic1 | September 28, 2009 6:37 PM | Report abuse

1) skins play too soft and lack of focus, Zorn to soft and milk toast, this aint kindergarten(can you say Gruden?)
2) DBs need to come up and bump receivers off routes
3) smoot cant cover a box turtle, trade him
4) randle el, should fair catch is 5'4" self to Cincy
5) always draft great oline, nothing else matters without them
6) Vinny C, are you kidding me. he would struggle to manage bingo at local firehall
7) Blitz inside every down, allow loud mouth corners to prove their merit
8) sick of campbell throwing check downs,either he his a pro quarterback, or get rid of him
9) note to receivers, go beyond first down marker on third to catch football