Thomas heads Redskins' inactives

Inactive tonight for the Redskins are Devin Thomas, Richard Bartel, Kevin Barnes, Edwin Williams, Alvin Bowen, Curtis Gatewood, Paul Fanaika and Renaldo Wynn.

Malcolm Kelly starts in Thomas' place.

Inactives for the Cowboys are Marc Colombo, Curtis Johnson, Pat Watkins, Cletis Gordon, Mike Hamlin, Montrae Holland and Duke Preston. Stephen McGee is the third quarterback.

Timeout for a poll

By Cindy Boren  |  December 27, 2009; 7:10 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Analysis: Haynesworth-Blache relationship at a boil
Next: Gibbs says he wasn't consulted about change

Comments

What a great year Reynaldo Wynn has turned in. Good thing we didn't keep Antonio Dixon.

F Vinny

Posted by: Diesel44 | December 27, 2009 7:27 PM | Report abuse

I knew that D Thomas was going to be inactive and it wouldn't have surprised me if dumbass Zorn had made Marko Mitchell inactive also. Maybe it wasn't Zorns decision to determine who's inactive.

Posted by: kingpenn1 | December 27, 2009 7:30 PM | Report abuse

Free Marko!

Posted by: bostskin | December 27, 2009 7:33 PM | Report abuse

"Malcolm Kelly starts in Thomas' place."

So maybe he earns his paycheck tonite.

Posted by: MistaMoe | December 27, 2009 7:36 PM | Report abuse

Redskins versus the Cowboys will NEVER lose it's luster!

Posted by: mmck | December 27, 2009 7:39 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: MistaMoe | December 27, 2009 7:36 PM

I unfortunately believe that you will see 82 for 11 and that 12 would be 3rd followed by Marko.

This is why Zorn should have been fired, a lame duck coach has no desire to play and develop younger players in a lost season. 82 should be relegated to the bench and released at season’s end.

Posted by: Diesel44 | December 27, 2009 7:41 PM | Report abuse

Hey JReid,

With Devin Thomas out, who starts at the "flanker position."

(I know the answer is MK12, but I thought we should give Reid the opportunity to tout his football knowledge. He LOVES saying "Devin Thomas, the Redskins' starting flanker...")

So, JR, who is the flanker? And, more importantly, does it matter?

Posted by: Invisman52 | December 27, 2009 7:45 PM | Report abuse

A good headcoach will evaluate his players to determine his strenghts and weaknesses. A coach determines what his players can do very well and what they may not be so good at. Then the headcoach makes adjustments to put his players in the best position to be successful. Does this sound like something that Zorn would do or have done....I say Hell no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: kingpenn1 | December 27, 2009 7:45 PM | Report abuse

I only wanna see 82 in trick plays. He's very successful with those.

Posted by: Vicc | December 27, 2009 7:46 PM | Report abuse

ARE owns Jim Zorn!

Posted by: rickyroge | December 27, 2009 7:48 PM | Report abuse

Lost its luster...

Maybe to some of the non-Redskins fans...

WRBD...

Washington Redskins Beat Dallas...

Posted by: WRBD | December 27, 2009 7:49 PM | Report abuse

Why the hell is Jerry Jones walking our sidelines like this is his town?

Posted by: rickyroge | December 27, 2009 7:52 PM | Report abuse

Lost its luster? Give me a break. Beat Dallas.

Posted by: TBDog | December 27, 2009 7:56 PM | Report abuse

let me guess....ARE still catching(dropping) punts...and Suis man makes all his FGs

Posted by: job22 | December 27, 2009 7:58 PM | Report abuse

U R not slick job22

Posted by: Vicc | December 27, 2009 8:08 PM | Report abuse

Lots of dark blue jersey wearing d*ckheads in the stadium already. Guessing that will be a topic again this week.

Posted by: Kev29 | December 27, 2009 8:10 PM | Report abuse

define luster? I mean has it lost something without the playoff games between the teams, sure.

But do I as a redskins fan wish that the city of Dallas would spontaneously catch on fire and sink into the ground, ever time I see romo do I throw up a little in my mouth, when I see that stupid new stadium do I get mad? Yes

Posted by: alex35332 | December 27, 2009 8:12 PM | Report abuse

Would you trade the 5th pick in the draft for the 9th?

With the 9th pick you receive a win tonight against the boys.

I say yes...F- dall-ass

Posted by: Diesel44 | December 27, 2009 8:14 PM | Report abuse

Lost its luster? You go wake kost up and ask if the rivalry has lost its luster.

Posted by: SMACK1 | December 27, 2009 8:14 PM | Report abuse

Beep Beep

I got LAST

Posted by: Vicc | December 27, 2009 8:17 PM | Report abuse

"I gotta bad feelin' about this...I got a bad feelin'"
- Jason Campbell

Posted by: rickyroge | December 27, 2009 8:18 PM | Report abuse

Losers on this post - a rivalry needs 2 teams. In the past decade it has been only the Skins or Dallas who really mattered that particular season. Maybe when it is week 14 and we are BOTH playing for the division lead. Until then.... oh and btw - I am SICK AND TIRED of everyone worried about Dallas week. If all you idiots cared as much about Kansas City week or Atlanta week maybe we would have a better fan base with better football knowledge than 'beat Dallas'. Sheesh. Learn something people. 16 games. Not one game more or less important than another. Go Skins !!! (Dallas 27 Wash. 24)

Posted by: scoot21 | December 27, 2009 8:18 PM | Report abuse

All a rivalry needs is hate. Still there. Always will.

Posted by: Kev29 | December 27, 2009 8:25 PM | Report abuse

I'm sure polls like this would have been out of the question if the Redskins were on the verge of clinching a playoff spot like the Cowboys are tonite!

What a bunch of whiners and losers!

Even when the Cowboys were down in the dumps some years, it was always a fierce and enjoyable rivalry with the Skins!

Posted by: infrequentposter | December 27, 2009 9:25 PM | Report abuse