Jason Campbell puts JaMarcus Russell's future aside

With quarterback Jason Campbell headed to the Oakland Raiders, the future of JaMarcus Russell, the Raiders' top pick in the 2007 NFL draft, is unclear.

The Raiders will release Russell, some league observers believe, if he does not agree to restructure his contract and take a pay cut. For his part, Campbell just plans to focus on football when he arrives in Oakland.

"I'm going there to work," Campbell said. "I just want to do everything I can to help the Raiders win. I'm going there to be the quarterback and help the organization get turned around."

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

By Jason Reid  |  April 25, 2010; 11:00 AM ET
Categories:  Jason Campbell
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Next task for Redskins? Getting Trent Williams signed
Next: Taking a look at how Saturday's moves impact other Redskins

Comments

True.

and Zorn would make a horrible politician.

far too forthright, or honest, or whatever...

Posted by: Chia_Pet | April 25, 2010 10:32 AM | Report abuse

Not too many potential politicians here on this blog, that's for sure.

Posted by: glawrence007 | April 25, 2010 11:07 AM | Report abuse

Questions for Jason, Rick, or anyone else who knows the answer: do the Skins plan on signing any undrafted free agents? It sure seemed like a lot of talent went undrafted, but I haven't heard of any signings by the Skins. What's the team's plan on that front?

Posted by: rucks35 | April 25, 2010 11:16 AM | Report abuse

A fourth round pick in 2012, I mean.

Posted by: Chia_Pet | April 25, 2010 10:51 AM
=======================================

Here is a theory why Shanahan hasnt mentioned this in his post Draft conferences..
He hasnt told Snyder yet.. .... Snyder told Shanny he couldnt just release JC who he has invested a 1st and 3 picks on....
So, Shanny didnt.. He got a totally unachievable 4th round pick....haha...

Its like clinton.. it depends on the definition of sex..
Here it depends on the definition of "traded for a pick".

Posted by: SkinsneedaGM | April 25, 2010 11:16 AM | Report abuse

--------

Thank God we won't have to listen to this garbage anymore.

Work hard, turn things around, yada yada yada.

Good luck there JC.

Posted by: Chia_Pet | April 25, 2010 11:17 AM | Report abuse

JC is gone so posting Rex Grossman stats will not bring him back, get over it and move on.

Posted by: Flounder21 | April 25, 2010 11:15 AM

--------

We should have gotten more value in return for JC.

A bag of chips would have been nice, or a pickle -- forget the ham sandwich.

Now we have fargin' Rex Chapman as our backup QB.

Not too thrilled, and yes I'm over JC too.

Posted by: Chia_Pet | April 25, 2010 11:22 AM | Report abuse

I was trying to find redskins insider,I keep getting sent to raiders insider.Does anyone know the url for redskins insider?

Posted by: comeonchris | April 25, 2010 11:23 AM | Report abuse

I want to hear what Art Monk to the Sticks has to say about all the latest Redskins offseason happenings.

Posted by: Chia_Pet | April 25, 2010 11:25 AM | Report abuse

Not too thrilled, and yes I'm over JC too.

Posted by: Chia_Pet | April 25, 2010 11:22 AM
==================
someone forgot to tell JReid. Fifth write up this morning. I think he is in mourning.

Posted by: SkinsneedaGM | April 25, 2010 11:27 AM | Report abuse

We should have gotten more value in return for JC.

A bag of chips would have been nice, or a pickle -- forget the ham sandwich.

Now we have fargin' Rex Chapman as our backup QB.

Not too thrilled, and yes I'm over JC too.

Posted by: Chia_Pet | April 25, 2010 11:22 AM |

There was no more to get, be glad we got anything at all, he is a backup QB.

Posted by: Flounder21 | April 25, 2010 11:27 AM | Report abuse

"chia...According to ESPN, its a conditional 2012 4th.. If Raiders make the playoffs or JC makes the Probowl. Which means JC was released or cut.

So, Shanny didnt.. He got a totally unachievable 4th round pick....haha...

Its like clinton.. it depends on the definition of sex..
Here it depends on the definition of "traded for a pick".

Skins should of gotten at least a veteran OLine player for JC. As ironic that would of been since he never had an OLine."

None of that is true at all. I just checked ESPN five minutes ago. We get the fourth no matter what. You are a liar and I hate your face.

Posted by: bosshog7169 | April 25, 2010 11:27 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: comeonchris | April 25, 2010 11:23 AM
====================
some poopy poop posted the Casserly "JC is too indecisive" youtube video on the RaiderNation blog.
That is low..and uncalled for.

Posted by: SkinsneedaGM | April 25, 2010 11:30 AM | Report abuse

Yes, Flounder.

and while I respect that we were looking out for JC's best interests, I'm thinking he might have been the backup for the Washington Redskins, not the self proclaimed starter for the Oakland Raiders.

He signed his tender, did he not?

Why the heck did we trade this guy for a conditional fourth round pick in 2012?

According to the Mayan calender, we may not even be alive by then...

Posted by: Chia_Pet | April 25, 2010 11:31 AM | Report abuse

Redskins signed undrafted FA Marques Slocum 6'6" 340lbs DT: "Baby Haynesworth"

Posted by: kingpenn1 | April 25, 2010 11:34 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: bosshog7169 | April 25, 2010 11:27 AM |
=============================

Clayton is usually on target.. Here is what he wrote and the link..

From John Clayton of ESPN.
For years the Oakland Raiders have been rightfully criticized for reaching for speedy players who can't produce on the field. Al Davis got it right this year. He added to a solid draft by picking up Campbell for a conditional fourth-round pick, whose conditions appear to be unachievable. For the Redskins to get that fourth-round pick, the Raiders would either have to make the playoffs or Campbell would have to go to the Pro Bowl.

Posted by: SkinsneedaGM | April 25, 2010 11:35 AM | Report abuse

He signed his tender, did he not?

Why the heck did we trade this guy for a conditional fourth round pick in 2012?

According to the Mayan calender, we may not even be alive by then...

Posted by: Chia_Pet | April 25, 2010 11:31 AM |

I don't deal in crying about stuff that already happend like most on here.

He is gone we got what we got for him you can't change it so why bother discussing it.

If there was a better offer I'm sure we would have taken it.

There is no need to keep JC here for 1 year as a backup, and then have him leave next year for nothing.

The woukld have to waste a ton of time teaching him the offense, Grossman already knows it.

Posted by: Flounder21 | April 25, 2010 11:35 AM | Report abuse

Al Davis was seduced by the big gun of Jason Campbell.

He likes a QB that can throw the ball a country mile, and he has a bevy of fast wide outs to then run away with it.

Seems like we could have gamed Al a little better than what we did.

Posted by: Chia_Pet | April 25, 2010 11:36 AM | Report abuse

why bother discussing it.

Posted by: Flounder21 | April 25, 2010

---------

errrrm

perhaps you forgot where you are.

discuss...

Posted by: Chia_Pet | April 25, 2010 11:38 AM | Report abuse

Grossman already knows it.

Posted by: Flounder21 | April 25, 2010 11:35 AM

-------

Wonderful.

Posted by: Chia_Pet | April 25, 2010 11:41 AM | Report abuse

Al Davis was seduced by the big gun of Jason Campbell.

Seems like we could have gamed Al a little better than what we did.

Posted by: Chia_Pet | April 25, 2010 11:36 AM |

Throws the long ball well, we must be talking about a different JC.

Posted by: Flounder21 | April 25, 2010 11:42 AM | Report abuse

"Buy high -- Sell low."

by Dan Snyder

Posted by: Chia_Pet | April 25, 2010 11:43 AM | Report abuse

I'm done with any JC talk so have a good Sunday.

Posted by: Flounder21 | April 25, 2010 11:44 AM | Report abuse

"Next task for Redskins? Getting Trent Williams signed"

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Ah Great

Now we have to deal with PABRIAN2003 and his insufferable squawk:

Where the F is Williams contract. Why haven't we signed Williams yet. Blah Blah

Expect him to post this 5 times a day.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Posted by: skinshaveaGM | April 25, 2010 11:45 AM | Report abuse

Redskins signed undrafted FA Marques Slocum 6'6" 340lbs DT: "Baby Haynesworth"

Posted by: kingpenn1 | April 25, 2010 11:34 AM

I watched a little over 2 mins of that video and it's now clear why he went undrafted. As far as "baby Haynesworth"...Slocum has the lazy and taking plays part down but I doubt he'll ever become an elite talent like OUR #92.

Posted by: Diesel44 | April 25, 2010 11:45 AM | Report abuse

I didn't say throws the long ball "well."

Rather-- "likes a QB who can throw the ball a country mile."

as in can hit the side of the barn.

Posted by: Chia_Pet | April 25, 2010 11:46 AM | Report abuse

"Buy high -- Sell low."

by Dan Snyder

Posted by: Chia_Pet | April 25, 2010 11:43 AM |

Buy High by Joe Gibbs.

Sell low a guy that's not a starter in this league by Shanny.

Posted by: Flounder21 | April 25, 2010 11:48 AM | Report abuse

Not too many potential politicians here on this blog, that's for sure.

Posted by: glawrence007

but lots of sheeple for the Dick Armey AstroTurf machines

Posted by: mdrockjock | April 25, 2010 11:48 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Diesel44 | April 25, 2010 11:45 AM
========
Baby Haynesworth in size comparasion, I do believe that Big Al has been known to take plays off here and there.

Posted by: kingpenn1 | April 25, 2010 11:51 AM | Report abuse

I'm baaaaaaaaaack.

Posted by: Chia_Pet | March 13, 2010 11:08 AM

I'm baaaaaaaaaaaack.

Posted by: Risa_L | April 24, 2010 10:58 PM

------------------------------------------------

Hey Chia_Pet, you gave yourself away last night. You're the disgusting little troll who's been dogging Lisa_R up here and bringing all that racial crap. Gottcha!

Posted by: League-Source | April 25, 2010 11:52 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: kingpenn1 | April 25, 2010 11:51 AM

I know what you meant. How about Baby Monty?

Posted by: Diesel44 | April 25, 2010 11:54 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: League-Source | April 25, 2010 11:52 AM |

He's been posting as a lot of different people starting sh_t.

Posted by: Flounder21 | April 25, 2010 11:55 AM | Report abuse

some jerk left a note in the parking space where Snyder's 600SL used to be at Redskins Park,

Dear Dan,
As a short follow-up to our Jason "deal".

Please accept this note in return for the conditional ownership of your Mercedes 600SL SL. I know you spent alot for it.. but, now that it has a few miles on it...and I noticed it wasnt being driven much, I have decided to take it off your hands.
Again this is conditional.. Even though I have no teeth and am in my 90's, if by driving your 600SL I am able to attract and bed numerous super models.. I will gladly pay you for the use of the tires in 2012.
Much thanks.. You Pal Al.

Posted by: SkinsneedaGM | April 25, 2010 11:56 AM | Report abuse

Yeah, right League Source.

You're the Sherlock Holmes of the Blog, but I ain't no Risa_L

I'm being spoofed by a spoofer, or whatever.

and "I'm baaaaaack" is a common enough refrain.

Go suck an egg.

It's Sunday.

Posted by: Chia_Pet | April 25, 2010 11:56 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: League-Source | April 25, 2010 11:52 AM

You didn't need to graduate from Duke and be a rambling wreck to figure that one out..

Posted by: Diesel44 | April 25, 2010 11:58 AM | Report abuse

You guys are funny.

I post as Chia_Pet and that's it. Swear it.

Now get off my jock strap.

Posted by: Chia_Pet | April 25, 2010 11:58 AM | Report abuse

-=-spoofed by a spoofer-=-

Posted by: Chia_Pet | April 25, 2010 12:02 PM | Report abuse

and "I'm baaaaaack" is a common enough refrain.

Posted by: Chia_Pet | April 25, 2010 11:56 AM

No, it's actually not. It's only been here on RI twice, once from you as Chia_Pet and the other time from you as Risa_L. You've been outed.

Posted by: League-Source | April 25, 2010 12:04 PM | Report abuse

I'm baaaaaaaaaack.

Posted by: Chia_Pet | March 13, 2010 11:08 AM

I'm baaaaaaaaaaaack.

Posted by: Risa_L | April 24, 2010 10:58 PM

------------------------------------------------

Posted by: League-Source | April 25, 2010 11:52 AM | Report abuse
Good get, LS

Posted by: frediefritz | April 25, 2010 12:07 PM | Report abuse

Idiocy

Posted by: glawrence007 | April 25, 2010 12:07 PM | Report abuse

For the record, Source, and to whomever else thinks I'm using multiple handles and acting the troll.

I enjoy da blog, and have been posting here for a couple of years now -- under one handle. If I want to play the azz, I'll do so as Chia_Pet, have done so before, on plenty of occasions.

Someone else is f'ing with me.

Sorry if ya'll don't believe it.

and whateves...

Posted by: Chia_Pet | April 25, 2010 12:07 PM | Report abuse

-=-spoofed by a spoofer-=-

Posted by: Chia_Pet | April 25, 2010 12:02 PM

Let me fix it for ya..

-=-spoofed on by a poofer-=-

Posted by: Diesel44 | April 25, 2010 12:07 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: kingpenn1 | April 25, 2010 11:51 AM

I know what you meant. How about Baby Monty?

Posted by: Diesel44 | April 25, 2010 11:54 AM | Report abuse
I agree, Diesel. Baby Monty is much more apropos. I watched the entire video, and the guy is strong, but he doesn;t have a motor. And I'm not sure what level that game was.

Posted by: frediefritz | April 25, 2010 12:12 PM | Report abuse

not a racist, nor am I bringing any racial crap to the blog.

EVER.

Posted by: Chia_Pet | April 25, 2010 12:13 PM | Report abuse

No, he's been a starting QB, not perfect and not great, but anyone who is HONEST and OBJECTIVE would ADMIT that very few QB's would have done much better with all of the absolute hip deep field full of wet cow manure he has had to play through the last couple of years, including having NO starting caliber OT's and NO even back up caliber RB's at times, and an ABSOLUTELY dysfunctional front office and coaching staff. Did he have deficiencies in his game? Yeah. Did JC17 do better than the majority of starting QB's in this league could have done in their wildest dreams given the same pile of manure? Yeah and double yeah.

Posted by: kenboy1 | April 25, 2010 12:13 PM | Report abuse

UPDATE: Adam Schefter of ESPN reports that the Raiders sent a 2012 fourth-round pick to the Redskins to acquire Campbell.

Campbell, who signed his tender as a restricted free agent with the Redskins, is believed to have agreed to a new deal with the Raiders that will pay him $3.14 million in salary and a $100,000 workout bonus this year, and $4.5 million in 2011.

I trust Adam Schefter more than i trust Clayton. It's a 4th round pick for Campbell. Clayton has it screwed up i think. The conditional pick with those specs are for McNabb and Philly to get a 3rd round in stead of a 4th. So can we now stop talking about Jason Campbell.

Give the guy a break. He isn't even on the team anymore. So let's start having Haynesworth debates or RB debates or whatever else everyone is always b!tch!ng about and let the JC era offically be done with....PLEASE

Posted by: PanteraCFH | April 25, 2010 12:14 PM | Report abuse

:-/

Posted by: Chia_Pet | April 25, 2010 12:15 PM | Report abuse

Sorry if ya'll don't believe it.

and whateves...

Posted by: Chia_Pet | April 25, 2010 12:07 PM

Well, I'll just post the stuff a few more times when you come up here. People can decide for themselves. Then we'll let Cindy run a poll:

1. Chia_Pet is the execrable Risa_L

2. Is not! Chia_Pet is only the execrable Chia_Pet

Posted by: League-Source | April 25, 2010 12:15 PM | Report abuse

Can't wait to see JC kick ass out in Oakland. I hate the Raiders, but I'll be pulling for him. Go JC! You had too much class for the Redskins. Too much for the Raiders also, but what are ya gonna do?

Posted by: Andrew53 | April 25, 2010 12:15 PM | Report abuse

League Source

You are wrong -- plain and simple.

Sorry, man.

You got the wrong guy.

Posted by: Chia_Pet | April 25, 2010 12:17 PM | Report abuse

Marques Slocum is a DT, more proof that we're trading Haynesworth for Cutler this week. Book it.

Posted by: League-Source

Which Cutler? Bruce Cutler, Gotti’s old attorney? He’d make a pretty good DT.

If I actually booked it every time someone said “Book it” here I’d have more volumes that the Library of Congress.

Posted by: TheCork | April 25, 2010 12:17 PM | Report abuse

You are wrong -- plain and simple.

Posted by: Chia_Pet | April 25, 2010 12:17 PM

That's possible. I don't actually have any DNA evidence. Here's my deal: I'll state my case and you can state yours. We'll let the jury decide. So far I see three jurors who have been persuaded.

Posted by: League-Source | April 25, 2010 12:21 PM | Report abuse

And you know why Shanny was so desperate to get rid of him? He knew that with JC's experience with the receivers, especially Cooley, combined with his superior mobility behind an O line that still might have its problems in pass pro for awhile, JC might actually move the team better than DM. Then what does Mr. Competition at all positions do? What the puck does he do when JC outplays him in the preaseason, and DM is getting his A$% beat down while Trent learns LT and Heyer, well, while Heyer continues being Heyer, and everyone is screaming to put JC back in? Or what the O line really does jell and play great, and with the protection and actualy pro level coaching, JC blossoms, and again, outplays DM? You don't think it COULD happen? Then you haven't been watching football as long as I have.

Posted by: kenboy1 | April 25, 2010 12:21 PM | Report abuse

Honestly,

You're off base.

It looks bad, true.

but I'm being spoofed by another blogger.

and only someone with as much of an unhealthy obsession with this blog as you would take the time and effort to notice and to grind that axe.

Have fun with that.

Posted by: Chia_Pet | April 25, 2010 12:21 PM | Report abuse

-start-

I will own up to my own stuff,

but this is one is NOT on me.

NOT Risa_L

-end-

Posted by: Chia_Pet | April 25, 2010 12:24 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: PanteraCFH | April 25, 2010 12:14 PM | Report abuse
Thanks for clearing that up, Pantera. Like I have repeatedly said, consider the source. Don't believe everything that gets reported.

Posted by: frediefritz | April 25, 2010 12:24 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: TheCork | April 25, 2010 12:17 PM

Wrong, Cork. You're thinking of the wrong book. If you booked it every time we told you, you wouldn't have enough money to pay the electric bill to turn on your computer to read the stuff that we post about you when you're not here.

Posted by: League-Source | April 25, 2010 12:26 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Andrew53 | April 25, 2010 12:15 PM | Report abuse

Skins might have been more functional if Campbell had had more than a 2 yard dump off in his repertoire. But that's all history now. Can't wait to see what the new guys bring.

Posted by: bones21 | April 25, 2010 12:32 PM | Report abuse

Redskins signed undrafted FA Marques Slocum 6'6" 340lbs DT: "Baby Haynesworth"

Posted by: kingpenn1 |

The phrase “Baby Haynesworth” is redundant.

Posted by: TheCork | April 25, 2010 12:36 PM | Report abuse

Shanahan: "...you take a guy like Adam Carriker that we believe can help us at the defensive end position -- the 13th pick in the first round, I really think he fits our system very well."

Certainly better than Haynesworth does. The question about Carriker is medical -- a shoulder injury that kept him out all last season. He's built like a 3-4 DE, but excelled his rookie year in St Louis as a 3-4 nose tackle.

We'll have to wait and see on this one.

Posted by: Samson151 | April 25, 2010 12:36 PM | Report abuse

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I thought Lisa_R was being spoofed by Risa_L

They both seem to love Jason Campbell and they are both stupid enough to fall for Greg's PFT reports. It's too obvious that Lisa and Risa are not the same person (pause) or are they?!?!?. With that being said it's pretty convenient for Lisa to be excused for not being Risa.

Sorry Chia. The evidence is in League Source favor. However I will await Lisa_R's verdict to pass judgement.

Oh, and GO EAGLES

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Posted by: skinshaveaGM | April 25, 2010 12:36 PM | Report abuse

I was at the NEPatriots website checking the status of UFAs and so far they’re showing ‘skins have only three confirmed. If memory serves, Washingon is always one of the latest to officially weigh in with signings—let’s hope so,.

Just for giggles, I checked what NE’s draft pick situation is like next year?

Posted by: TheCork | April 25, 2010 12:40 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: League-Source |

Oooooh, I so hope you're all saying nice things. Oh wait, actually I don't.

Notoriety here isn't achieved by being beloved, and we're all fame junkies at heart. You know it I know it, RedDMV really knows it.

Posted by: TheCork | April 25, 2010 12:45 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: kenboy1 | April 25, 2010 12:21 PM

Dude, I second you. I'm an avid JC supporter, but let's not wish negative for DMac, he's a Skins now. JC is gone and I wish him peace within and ultimate best of luck.

Posted by: abxinc | April 25, 2010 12:45 PM | Report abuse

Any more word on the redskins possibly acquiring Jammal Brown....that would be an excellent pick-up and set the tackle positions for years to come

Posted by: gallrick | April 25, 2010 12:51 PM | Report abuse

kenboy1 -- Here's a little bit to add to your comments about JC vs DM. It's all a done deal, but for the heck of it:

Comparing their first four playing seasons (54 games for McNabb, 52 for Campbell):

Completion Percentage

Average Sacks Per Game
McNabb = 2.69
Campbell = 2.09

Career QB Rating
McNabb = 77.0
Campbell = 82.3

Another interesting comparison is the two QBs' third and fourth playing seasons' ratings:

Season 3
McNabb = 84.3
Campbell = 84.3

Season 4
McNabb = 86.0
Campbell = 86.4

Yeah, yeah, I know all the counterpoints -- it's only about W/L (even though that's a team stat and the NFL keeps individual stats for a reason); JC only does dink passes (yes, because that's what you do with crap play-calling and limited resources and zero protection).

So, my point is what I've said all along. Rarely can you gauge a QB in his first few seasons, especially when they've played in lousy circumstances as JC has done. Most every good or great QB hits his stride in seasons five or six. The greatest do it before that, but JC can be a great and valuable QB without being among the greatest.

I know all this doesn't matter now that JC is gone, but I'm laying the groundwork for "I told you so" when his career is farther along.

Posted by: Andrew53 | April 25, 2010 12:56 PM | Report abuse

"Just for giggles, I checked what NE’s draft pick situation is like next year?Two first rounders, Two seventh rounders and they haven’t traded away any of their own picks. That’s how it’s done, kids.Posted by: TheCork"

You think so? Belichick seems to like picks more than players. He keeps trading down and collecting more of them.

He's on record saying that half of 'these guys' aren't going to work out anyway.

Looking at the past few drafts, you have to wonder at some of the selections. He's fine with linebackers, not so good with some other positions. And with Randy Moss probably exiting NE, you have to wonder about the passing attack.

Not saying NE's window has closed, but it's not opening any wider.

Posted by: Samson151 | April 25, 2010 12:56 PM | Report abuse

I apologize if this question has been answered ad nauseum but I haven't had much bloggy time this weekend:

Why did Selvish Capers drop so far? Wasn't he projected as 2nd or 3rd round pick at one point?

Posted by: Original_etrod | April 25, 2010 12:58 PM | Report abuse

I wish Campbell the best , but can we put an end to these stories. The guy was paid millions of dollars and given a great opportunity to lead a storied franchise. Reid makes it seem like he like was held in a windowless room and tortured. When was the last time JC put the team on his back and carried them to a last second win--sorry, I can't hear you. I hope he does great, he's a terrific guy, but please, lets report on the current Redskins.

Posted by: djorl | April 25, 2010 12:59 PM | Report abuse

"Jason Campbell puts JaMarcus Russell's future aside..."

We are to care about this because......?

Posted by: MistaMoe | April 25, 2010 1:01 PM | Report abuse

we're all fame junkies at heart. You know it I know it, RedDMV really knows it.

Posted by: TheCork | April 25, 2010 12:45 PM

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

RedDMV probably uses his achieved infamy to write perfunctory rap lyrics.

heh heh

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Posted by: skinshaveaGM | April 25, 2010 1:02 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Original_etrod | April 25, 2010 12:58 PM

From what I've read, it's his game tape. He has potential, but is raw and inconsistent. In other words,he's a project.

Posted by: TWISI | April 25, 2010 1:04 PM | Report abuse

***BREAKING NEWS***

Who gives a sh!t what we got for JC. I love the guy but he was gone no matter what. I don't care if we only got a kick in the junk for him. New regime, new leaders, new team, new QB. He had to go...and now he is.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | April 25, 2010 1:04 PM | Report abuse

***BREAKING NEWS***

Posted by: scampbell1975 | April 25, 2010 1:04 PM | R

Second. Oh and beep beep.

Posted by: TWISI | April 25, 2010 1:06 PM | Report abuse

No team made an offer for Gaither
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on April 25, 2010 12:43 PM ET
It was clear over draft weekend that teams didn't want to give up picks for veteran players.

The players that were traded were practically given away. Other talented players like Baltimore tackle Jared Gaither stayed put.

The Ravens revealed Saturday that Gaither didn't even inspire a low-ball offer, which is somewhat surprising for a player with his talent.

Baltimore will have to make due with an over-abundance of quality tackles for the time being.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | April 25, 2010 1:06 PM | Report abuse

"Not saying NE's window has closed, but it's not opening any wider."

The AFC East will command serious attention next year.

On paper, they might be the toughest division.

The jets and fins are ascending.

The bills are long overdue.

But has NE's window closed?

I'd say they are a tough team.

But are the pats even in the top 5 of the AFC?:

Colts, Chargers, Jets, Steelers, Titans, Pats, ....

Posted by: MistaMoe | April 25, 2010 1:08 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Original_etrod | April 25, 2010 12:58 PM

Posted by: TWISI | April 25, 2010 1:04 PM

There was also some chatter that he didn't have a good day with his measurables at the combine.

Posted by: League-Source | April 25, 2010 1:13 PM | Report abuse

Andrew53,

Posted by: bones21 | April 25, 2010 1:14 PM | Report abuse

The guy's angels must be sleeping, though, having landed him on two totally dysfunctional teams. Geez...>>

_______________________

Actually, he's extremely lucky to have had these sorts of opportunities. You people absolutely amaze me with this woe-is-JC stuff. Is it that big of a deal that he's "classy" and "nice"? So is Tim Tebow--who effing cares. This is the NFL.

The Redskins reached for him in the draft--no one else would've taken him as high as we did, or invested in him more than we did; for the love of God, the Zorn hiring was basically all made around JC and "making him into a franchise QB." He had 40+ starts for us, despite being consistently mediocre. QB's with less talent and less of a supporting cast have done more (See, A. Rodgers--no running game, and a weak OL). Yes, it's true that the Skins have done things wrong in other areas, but at the end of the day, good QB's elevate the people around them--and JC was never, ever, able to come close to elevating the play of his teammates.

Anyway, on what planet does anyone consider a mediocre QB who just had his contract extended for another two years "unlucky"? Are you people serious with this nonsense?

I'm convinced that Redskins fans are utterly clueless about what makes a good QB; this makes sense, I guess, since we haven't had anything close to resembling an upper echelon QB in almost 20 years. Fans, I guess, are so desperate for anything that they'll strap themselves to a guy who looks good in a uniform yet has 1) poor footwork 2) a brain that operates like dial-up--you know, the AOL your grandmother used to have 3) a deer in the headlights expression, like dude just downed a bottle of Nyquil before the game 4) terrible accuracy on his deep balls and 5) a proven inability to read defenses.

Stats, number of offensive cord's--none of these things matter if you can't also get on here and tell us what he does well ON THE FIELD. Discuss his mechanics. His footwork. Let's hear it. Let's see if you disagree with Casserly, who just the other day said that JC's footwork is "slow," and his accuracy and pocket efficiency are both suspect.

Posted by: redskins459 | April 25, 2010 2:11 PM | Report abuse

You guys have fun with Donovan Mcnabb at QB. A prior poster nailed it when you have a QB with a strong arm and decent mobility yet you limit him to 2 yard dump passes behind a terrible OL and Jim Zorn running things its pretty naive to believe he is the biggest problem on offense.

Class guy never threw anyone under the bus all things considered he had decent numbers Mcnabb had an 92.9 passer rating with a 60% completion percentage and 22 TDs while Campbell had a 86.6 passer rating 64% completion percentage and 20 TDs. Its not like Mcnabb put up numbers that just blew JC away.

Campbell is a class guy who has played well despite having little around him and has handled adversity great while working hard its sad you guys cannot appreciate that. Maybe Oakland will.

Oh and it says all you need to know what Philly thinks of DM that they traded him to a division rival.

Posted by: AUgrad00 | April 25, 2010 2:17 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: AUgrad00 | April 25, 2010 2:18 PM | Report abuse

"Oh there is the eye test JC looks like a prototypical NFL QB Mcnabb not. I have never been impressed with DM. Rush was right he is overrated. "

_________________

LOL!

They must be giving away degrees at Auburn, or allowing students to apply with nothing other than an expired fishing license.

Posted by: redskins459 | April 25, 2010 2:25 PM | Report abuse

bones21 wrote: Andrew53, Dude. It's over, finished done, flushed, terminada....GIVE IT A REST. At this point, the Baby Fat Guy is more intriguing.
=======
Done.

Posted by: Andrew53 | April 25, 2010 2:38 PM | Report abuse

Hey Redskins 459 it was not Rush Limbaugh who said Mcnabb was fatigued in the Super Bowl and played terrible it was his own teammate.

All Limbaugh said was Mcnabb benefited from having a great defense in Philly. He was right.

As for the eye test Mcnabb is 6-2 JC is 6-5 with a stronger Arm do I need to elaborate more?

Posted by: AUgrad00 | April 25, 2010 3:34 PM | Report abuse

Hey I want to wish JC all the best in the world and hope he has success at Oakland. He really needed a clean break from the skins and a fresh start with another team. The bottom line is he just is not a west coast style QB so he wouldn't have fit in Shanahans scheme, but he does have a strong arm and is accurate in delivering the long ball if given a chance to do so. Remember the game against Dallas where he threw two long bombs late in the 4th quarter to win the game?

Tom Cable stated that if he had pulled DR out earlier in the season last year that he thought the Raiders could have made the playoffs. So he must believe Oakland is within one good QB away from being a very good competive team. You may mock the Raiders, but throw the shoe on the other foot (i.e. some of the Redskin’s previous draft picks….like selecting 3 receivers in the 2nd round).

It’s like a marriage....once you cheat on your spouse...the trust is no longer there and the damage is permanent. Such is the case with Snyder/Cerrato and their favorite puppet toy (Jim Zorn) with JC, his problem wasn’t changing offensive coordinators it was putting up with those three clowns.....ShanAllen only inherited their mess and tried to work with JC in a professional manner.

I believe both JC and DM will have good seasons next year with their respective teams

Posted by: flyinggoose1 | April 25, 2010 4:16 PM | Report abuse

Poor Jason

Going to maybe the worst organization in any sport

Posted by: Bious | April 25, 2010 6:10 PM | Report abuse

In the long run, JC will do just fine so long as the Raiders continue to make the right moves.

His stats IMPROVED behind a $h!tty offensive line and while playing in the toughest division in football last year. I don't care who you are, you have to admit that the kid's good and is quite possibly on the cusp of entering his prime. I think the Redskins made a big mistake for trading for McNabb and letting him go (for a 4th rounder two years from now????!!!).

Nonetheless, JC is gone, even though he never had a chance here. I'll just have to swallow it and wish him nothing but the best of luck in Oakland.

Posted by: 88mph | April 25, 2010 6:19 PM | Report abuse

Thank you Jason Campbell for all that you did for the Redskins! Your character will be missed...you are truly a "class act!" You never had a chance here...the Skins were messed up way before you got here. Looks like they're finally getting some stability on the OL and establishing an identity. Unfortunate that you won't be here to enjoy it. You'll do fine in Oakland...you're a "man of God", so He's gonna always have your back!

Posted by: luvltc | April 25, 2010 8:17 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: luvltc | April 25, 2010 8:18 PM | Report abuse

Must feel sorry for Oakland. They now the two worst QBs in the league.

Posted by: Vic1 | April 25, 2010 8:53 PM | Report abuse

Meal plans can help you eat a balanced diabetes diet, keeping your blood sugar under control. use this free meal planner http://bit.ly/9Rgkqn

Posted by: kalinaheidi | April 26, 2010 2:38 AM | Report abuse

What do u know Campbell went to the one team with a bigger BUST than himself..

JaMarcus Russell..

But I wouldn't be surprised if Campbell is on the bench and Gradkowski is the starter.

Posted by: sovine08 | April 26, 2010 2:02 PM | Report abuse

You know blaming JC for all the problems The Skins have is just...silly, this guy has improved every year in one of the toughest divisions in the NFL. Last year the Skins lost 6 games by 5 points or less, with JC behind an OL that ranked 27th! and allowed him to be sacked 43 times!! the running game averaged a whopping 94 yds a game, and he still managed to passed for more yards than McNabb and E. Manning to name a few.

I don't care if you cloned a young Sonny, nobody could have did much better, and When Rex steps on the field to replace McNabb, the ones who booed JC will wish he was still here.

Best to ya JC, I hope Oakland treats you better than Washington did, I know we'll hear good things about you this season, you will be missed.

Posted by: DDunnuck | April 26, 2010 7:15 PM | Report abuse