Posted at 8:28 PM ET, 12/18/2010

Jason Garrett reveling in his new job as Cowboys coach

By Jason Reid

On Nov. 9, Dallas Cowboys owner and general manager Jerry Jones fired Coach Wade Phillips and promoted offensive coordinator Jason Garrett to the interim role.

Before the season, the Cowboys were considered among the leading contenders to represent the NFC in the Super Bowl, but they began the season 1-7. Jones made the coaching change after the Cowboys' embarrassing 45-7 loss to the Green Bay Packers in Week 9.

The Cowboys have performed better under Garrett, scoring a lot while going 3-2 in their last five games. They play host to the Redskins on Sunday at Cowboys Stadium, and Garrett is reveling in his new job.

"It is something I resisted for a long time because I really loved playing," said Garrett, a journeyman quarterback who played for Dallas from 1993-99. "Toward the end of my playing career, people would always ask me, 'What are you going to do next?' I was always just focused on being the best player I could be.

"At some point, I realized I couldn't play much longer and I had to move on to something else. It is just a natural progression to get into coaching. I just love the game. I love being around it. I love football players and football teams. I have learned so much from football coaches through the years, so to have the opportunity to transition from being a player in this league to being a coach was something I was really excited about."

Of course, there have been difficult moments and surprises along the way.

"There are challenges every day and there are challenges in every way," Garrett said. "It is just something that I really enjoy doing. I really appreciate the opportunity and I try to do my best at all phases of it on a daily basis. Again, I like to use the word, 'Challenge,' because I think that is what it is.

"This league is challenging in so many different ways; the opponents you face both as players and coaches each and every week. You have to get ready for those on a daily basis. I am doing it from a little bit of a different prospective now than I was a few weeks ago. But all those challenges are still there."

By Jason Reid  | December 18, 2010; 8:28 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Redskins' 3-4 defense will be "good challenge" for Cowboys
Next: Rate the Redskins (and Rex Grossman) against the Cowboys

Comments

Raise your hand if you think Mike Shanahan will be coaching the Redskins longer than Garrett will be coaching the Cowboys.

Raise your hand if you think Mike Shanahan will have more success coaching the Redskins than Garrett has coaching the Cowboys.

But still...

F Jason Garrett.
F the Cowboys.

Posted by: NateinthePDX | December 18, 2010 8:50 PM | Report abuse

F Garrett.

Rex's last game against the pukes in '07:

Sacked 3 times and threw 3 INTs. QB rating at the end of the day: 27.5.

Work that Shanny magic, Rex.

Posted by: RomoLongballs | December 18, 2010 8:55 PM | Report abuse

You forgot Jerrah Jones, Nate.

F Jerrah Jones.

Also:

F Scott Fitzgerald
A Whitney Brown
R Lee Ermey, and
T Rowe Price

Posted by: freakzilla | December 18, 2010 8:57 PM | Report abuse

Why stop there nate?

F the whole state of Texas!

Posted by: kerzon417 | December 18, 2010 9:00 PM | Report abuse

Interesting thoughts from across enemy lines. From Hogshaven:

1.) The Redskins went with heavy blitzing week 1 (corner) and Landry was a huge part of the Skins' success. What types of schemes have worked well defending the Cowboys potent offense of late?

I think Landry's absence changes everything. His week one may be the most impressive game I've seen a safety have. Blitzing, coverage, centerfield, charging the alley. He did everything.

Dallas has been much better offensively, but teams that stop them do three things:

i. They play cover two a lot and take away the deep ball. Jon Kitna, like Romo, works better going up the field.

ii. Run twists, especially at the interior linemen and the right side. Leonard Davis has bad feet. Marc Colombo's legs are wearing out. Overloads and stunts which cause those guys to think get through.

iii. Be strong against the run; This should probably be point one, since the coverage and pressure builds off winning 1st downs and getting Dallas into 2nd and longs. Teams that stop the run early fare better.

2.) It seems, as you've blogged, the Cowboys are vulnerable to counters...do you foresee the Redskins continuing to build on what Denver and the Eagles did? Will that work?

Try the same stuff. See if Dallas has worked on adjustments to stop it. Teams are attacking Stephen Bowen, who's not as strong holding the point as Olshansky or Marcus Spears was. Stopping the counter depends on ILBs who can read it fast and attack the gaps before the center or offside guard gets out and locks on. Keith Brooking was slow to react, and he's vital, because the Cowboys safeties are all over the place.

moar...

Posted by: RomoLongballs | December 18, 2010 9:00 PM | Report abuse

3.) The Redskins don't have the luxury of Alex Barron starting at RT this week. How has the Cowboys OLine held up the last few weeks, and what are the weak spots Haslett will try to attack?

It's a much, much better pass blocking unit, but this line has faded in December in recent years, because its old, and the most age and wear-and-tear is at right guard and right tackle. If Jim Haslett wants to run games, he'll flop Brian Orakpo out there and run some blitzes with his SS off that edge, even if his name isn't Laron Landry.

4.) Miles Austin shredded the Redskins week 1, do you foresee Garrett returning to his pass-happy ways with such a poor defense?

Garrett is a down-the-field guy. That's his ID. If he can get some first downs he'll attack as soon as he reaches his own 40. He doesn't have Dez Bryant and that hurts, but he'll take a few shots, unless Haslett changes up and plays a lot of soft zones.

5.) What's your prediction for this week on how it will play out?

I'll say Cowboys 24-20. Garrett, I am sure, wants to make amends for the 7 point meltdown in week one. He's gotten 27 or more in each of his five games as head coach. The Dallas defense has been soft, but they've played the Saints, Colts and Eagles the last three weeks. Grossman is no slouch, but Washington's O looks banged up and doesn't have as much balance and overall firepower as those other teams.

Posted by: RomoLongballs | December 18, 2010 9:02 PM | Report abuse

You forgot Jerrah Jones, Nate.

F Jerrah Jones.

Also:
F Scott Fitzgerald
A Whitney Brown
R Lee Ermey, and
T Rowe Price

Posted by: freakzilla | December 18, 2010 8:57 PM | Report abuse

A mighty wind blew through this fabulous post!

Posted by: SMACK1 | December 18, 2010 9:11 PM | Report abuse

Jason Garrett reveling in his new job as Cowboys coach

Garrett, and not Shanahan was actually my preferred hiring choice.

Tomorrow's game:

Redskins ?

Cowboys ?

The game has been titled the "Next to Last Place in the NFC East Bowl" by the FOXsports media people, Cleetus included.

Posted by: MistaMoe | December 18, 2010 9:16 PM | Report abuse

Tomorrow's game:

Redskins ?

Cowboys ?

Posted by: freakzilla | December 18, 2010 9:32 PM | Report abuse

Maybe, the greatest video of all time!

At least in my opinion. HTTR

Posted by: ho-skin | December 18, 2010 9:37 PM | Report abuse

I really have no idea what to expect tomorrow, so I'm kind of excited for the game in a weird way.

The only time we've seen Grossman this year, he was probably just as surprised as everyone else that he was playing. And it showed.

This time he's been getting more reps in practice lately, and he's known a full two days in advance that he's starting. Might make a difference.

The key for us on offense will really be getting Torain and Williams to shoulder the load so that Rexy just has to run the offense.

Posted by: freakzilla | December 18, 2010 9:41 PM | Report abuse

skins nation:

all is not well, but we will prevail. even if we get beat down tmrw. that happens.

there is a good core on this roster. i will be pulling, so will you. hail.

Posted by: BrooklynSkins | December 18, 2010 9:47 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: NateinthePDX | December 18

Im typing with one hand. What the h e double hockey sticks is wrong with everyone. We are 5-8 instead of 8-5 cause of poor decisions by Mc5. Is Rex the answer, no, but it makes complete sense to me to bench Donavan for someone who knows the system better.

Listening to the press conference on Redskins.com, you can hear Jason Reid was upset by this move. Donavan was the best thing availble to us last year, but he is not the future, loook at the Eagles. Good coaches make hard decisions sooner rather than later...just look at Zorn and Cambell...case in point. Jason you and the rest of the media are the problem, not the coach.

I can see by this post Jason is now a Cowgirls Fan. Dallas was the biggest bust this year cause all of the talent, I think Shanny did dang well with what he had. He finally has restored competition at every level. We will win again and Shanny will be coach for some time to come. Fair weather Fans go to Baltimore or Dallas, just go somewhere and stop hating.

HTTR!!!

Posted by: rodskin | December 18, 2010 10:09 PM | Report abuse

Glad to hear someone is still feeling super confident in Mike Shanahan. I'm sure he appreciates your abiding support, rodskin.

If feeling incredibly skeptical of Mike Shanahan as of today makes me a "fair weather fan" then so be it.

Posted by: NateinthePDX | December 18, 2010 10:42 PM | Report abuse

Fair weather Fans go to Baltimore or Dallas, just go somewhere and stop hating.

HTTR!!!

Posted by: rodskin | December 18, 2010 10:09 PM | Report abuse

I don't post here nearly as much as a lot of people but I've never seen you here before. No fair weather fans here. But shanahan has f'd up this situation. And for such a McNabb expert, you should learn to spell his name right.

Posted by: AdamCr | December 18, 2010 10:47 PM | Report abuse

mcchoke deserved to be benched now that the payoffs are outta the question odds are he could get hurt and ruin the teams chances of trading that bum! He has always been overrated and def will not be in the hof! NO QB THE BLOWS CHUNKS ALL OVER HIM SELF SHOULD EVER BE ALLOWED TO STEP FOOT IN THE HOF!! RUSH AND TO WERE DEAD ON ABOUT THAT BUM!

Posted by: warriorking111285 | December 18, 2010 11:56 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: hessone | December 19, 2010 1:02 AM | Report abuse

The best analysis I've heard about Shanahan this year revolved around the fact that he is operating as if he does not have a care in the world.

He does not care about what is written on this blog.

He does not care about what is in the media.

He does not care about what the owner thinks.

Is it an arrogant mindset?

Absolutely!

But he has earned it (In Snyder's view- the only one that matters here) so we will watch and see.

He's casting a pretty big lot that Grossman plays well today. You have to give him that.

This will be interesting to watch.

Maybe the panic stricken masses calling for his head are right. Maybe 2 Super Bowl Rings and a 5 Star steakhouse, and a 38,000 ft. mansion in Denver have softened him.

Or maybe he's just such a smart prick that everyone is mocking him because they don't understand him.

I guess we'll know soon enough?!?

Posted by: WaitingGuilty | December 19, 2010 1:58 AM | Report abuse

Regardless, WG, I'm enjoying your Obi-Wan Kenobi death scene analysis of the current situation.

"If Rex lights up the Cowboys secondary, Shanahan will gain more power with Snyder than any of us could have ever imagined..."

Posted by: freakzilla | December 19, 2010 2:59 AM | Report abuse

This will be interesting to watch.

????????????????????????????

If Rex lights up any secondary in the NFL, EVER, I'll change my name to Rex Grossman.

The guy has been in the league a LONG time and has sucked in every way, all the time. He Fing SUCKS.

If the Stupid Shanahans don't know it, they should be Fing Fired immediately.

Like I said when they brought that walking blooper reel idiot in here, they should tear up the contract.

Rex Grossman? On the Redskins? Are you crazy?

I think we're all starting to agree on the answer to that question.

Shanahan is a Fing moron, idiot. Period.

I'm with many others, and have been since Detroit...

Snyder needs to send this P O S packing. And take your sorry son with you.

Record Post Elway:

24 and 24.

Let the guy leave before Sunday when he'll be 24 and 25.

This fool is out of his dang mind.

Posted by: Thinker_ | December 19, 2010 3:40 AM | Report abuse

I'll bet Grossman doesn't finish the game. I'll bet Dallas breaks his shoulder.

The guy can't run and he can't throw.

Whoever brought him here should be put to sleep.

Posted by: Thinker_ | December 19, 2010 3:44 AM | Report abuse

I'm taking a screen shot of your comments Thinker_

Unleash the Shanahan tornado!

No more McNabb=

No more rocket shots aimed at Keiland Williams ankle!

No more waist high end zone jump balls!

No more bad hamstrings and poor "cardio"!

Posted by: WaitingGuilty | December 19, 2010 4:55 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: freakzilla | December 19, 2010 2:59 AM | Report abuse

Zilla, it's guys like you and Diesel44, and Notorious_LMG, and dare I say it RedDmv that make this corner of the intar-webs great.

I understand why the p1funks and pabrians and alan4s, brownwoods, zcezce's etc. of the world are losing the plot and throwing all of their toys out of their prams...

It's been a tough few years. I'm choosing to believe in Shanahan.

It's way more fun than not believing in him!

Posted by: WaitingGuilty | December 19, 2010 5:07 AM | Report abuse

"Fearless" by Pink Floyd is a great song.

Posted by: WaitingGuilty | December 19, 2010 5:31 AM | Report abuse

I'm taking a screen shot of your comments Thinker_

Unleash the Shanahan tornado!

No more McNabb=

No more rocket shots aimed at Keiland Williams ankle!

No more waist high end zone jump balls!

No more bad hamstrings and poor "cardio"!

Posted by: WaitingGuilty | December 19, 2010 4:55 AM |

******************************************

Screenshot Away, WaitingGuy!

I wish you had the screenshots of my comments calling Shanahan crazy from about 8 weeks ago.

Rex Grossman?!

I mean, have you seen our O Line?

I'm real close to betting my nuts that Grossman gets hurt. I'm even closer to betting my nuts that he gives up a fumble.

Donovan McNabb is not a perfect QB. Neither was Jason Campbell. But, you cannot expect any QB to perform well behind our O Line, with a joke of a run game and a bunch of practice squad "talent" around them.

I think the biggest idiocy in Shanahan's latest brain Shart was tipping his hand going into the draft/free agency. There is really NO excuse for it. The second biggest aspect of the Shart will be grooming this year's "Sam Bradford" under whom? Rex Grossman? Are we looking at Rex Grossman at #1 on "The Depth Chart" next year? I mean, everybody knows this guy sucks. He's a fumbling, INT thrower, Safety machine.

Make sure to post my screenshot with my comments from August where I called for the head of whomever brought Rex "I Suck SOO Fing Bad" Grossman in.

Caveat: If he performs well, I'll laugh at how the Gods have cursed this franchise. The guy is a joke. Everybody in the NFL except your Fuhrer has seen this.

Shanahan is a TOTAL fraud. No Fing WAY he studied film and brings this bum here. He's a bum. Both of them.

If you wanna know what I think Shanahan did on his year off, well, I'd bet my Rex Grossman jersey he spent it cultivating a tan.

That ought to tell you all you need to know right the F there.

Posted by: Thinker_ | December 19, 2010 6:50 AM | Report abuse

Dallas week and everyone still in bed? Power out on the east coast?

Anywho, let me start the day with a big

F DALLAS!!!!!

Posted by: kerzon417 | December 19, 2010 8:54 AM | Report abuse

Today's Cheer

If we win:

F Dallas

If we lose:

F Dallas

(only louder)

Posted by: MistaMoe | December 19, 2010 9:00 AM | Report abuse

"Fearless" by Pink Floyd is a great song.

Posted by: WaitingGuilty | December 19, 2010 5:31 AM |

Indeed

Posted by: TheScamp75 | December 19, 2010 9:01 AM | Report abuse

...oh and F Dallas.

Posted by: TheScamp75 | December 19, 2010 9:05 AM | Report abuse

left nut: Why are people always causing us pain or telling our owner to grow a pair?

right nut: I hear ya'.

Thing is, it's the one-eyed guy between us who causes all the problems 'round here.

Last night, he stuck his head in a deep, wet hole and stayed there 'til up threw up all over the place.

Posted by: MistaMoe | December 19, 2010 9:10 AM | Report abuse

If you heard shanny's presser he says now that we're eliminated from playoffs that he wants to see what rex can do. This clearly implies he believes mcnabb is better than rex. He just wants to see if rex is worth keeping around next year or if a vet FA is needed. I for one think the real failure of this franchise is the constant turnover of coaches and believe shanny should get more than 13 games

Posted by: hcic55 | December 19, 2010 9:37 AM | Report abuse

Funny thing is if shanny had just said "I F'ed up. I took a gamble and it didn't work. This is on me." after the det game. they wodnt have had to do that whole extension no extension bs. Btw mcnaab will be making around $15 mil this season I hope no one is feeling sorry for him either. You can disrespect me for $15 mil anytime!

Also if mcnaab was starting today I might have let my wife plan my day but now theres some intrigue to the game.

Hail draft picks!

Posted by: dealer1 | December 19, 2010 9:49 AM | Report abuse

"This, this organism", he said , with a droll Orson Wells accent," flopping around like a cutthroat trout out of its brook...grows tedious to observe. I bid you gentlemen Adieu.."

Posted by: frak | December 19, 2010 10:06 AM | Report abuse

~Grumble~

There are still more football games to be played?

Posted by: MyPostIDisAfake | December 19, 2010 10:09 AM | Report abuse

I said from the beginning they should hire a young coach instead of a retread...

but even I didn't think Shanahan would be this much of a failure, now he's basically throwing games to improve their draft position

how pathetic!

Posted by: joek443 | December 19, 2010 10:20 AM | Report abuse

"Before the season, the Cowboys were considered among the leading contenders to represent the NFC in the Super Bowl..."

No one who actually watches football thought this to be true. It's a media obsession EVERY year to anoint the Cowboys Super Bowl champions. Every member of the so-called experts at every station does this annually. But real football fans know that a team of "me firsts" is never going to contend. It would be a great day if sports writers actually thought for themselves instead of re-writing what others say.

Next year, when the Cowboys win the Super Bowl in August, it'll be the same story. But by January, no writer will fess up to their awful prediction.

Posted by: Section104 | December 19, 2010 10:23 AM | Report abuse

Really looking forward to the game and to a bright future for the Washington Redskins and Coach Mike Shanahan. Have no problem with the recent developments and to answer the question at the begining of the thread, MS will be our coach longer than garrett lasts in dallas and will routinely kick the dog poop out of his hapless squad. Wild card today is Rex. Will he be back as a back-up next year, a stop gap starter (groan) or will he be gone. We'll have the begining of some answers before sunset. We get three more preseason games then the rest of the league and have a great draft to look forward to. HTTR and F dallas, the entire State of texas and last but most jerruh. Let's float another turd in his punchbowl.

Posted by: wireman65 | December 19, 2010 10:29 AM | Report abuse

DMac jerseys are -50% at the 'Skins store (Florio doesn't miss a trick). NFL Network talking heads openly question whether Shanahan is tanking the season for a draft pick.

Posted by: swowra | December 19, 2010 10:49 AM | Report abuse

Funny thing is if shanny had just said, "I F'ed up. I took a gamble and it didn't work. This is on me."

Select the biggest 'gamble' not to pan out:

--expecting Albert Haynesworth to be a good redskin citizen

--trading picks for a quarterback whose success depends on elite playmakers and fine offensive line blocking to be successful

--figuring that rather than paying Joey Porter or Larry Foote, it was better to convert Andre Carter into an outside linebacker

--making the 3-4 switch without bringing in the required personnel

--thinking Larry Johnson and Willie Parker would satisfy as backups to Clinton Portis

--trading a pick for an injured right tackle

--a draft where only Trent Williams has provided immediate help

--waiting too long into the season before deciding Joey Galloway was done

--IR'ing Malcolm Kelly to save a roster spot for Roydell Williams

--not blowing up the team sooner

Posted by: MistaMoe | December 19, 2010 11:13 AM | Report abuse

Pulling your starters to evaluate your talent is the inverse of pulling your starters to avoid injury or get them healthy for the playoffs IMO. If you're okay with one you'd have to be okay with the other, right?

Posted by: RomoLongballs | December 19, 2010 11:16 AM | Report abuse

Hiring his son as OC.

Posted by: msrent | December 19, 2010 11:18 AM | Report abuse

RomoLB; I wouldn't have a problem with it if:
1.) It wasn't Dallas week.
2.) It was done without the public castration of DM#5.

Posted by: msrent | December 19, 2010 11:25 AM | Report abuse

Is anyone going to bother watching our game? I have the ticket and there are LOTS of more intersting games on at 1pm. And it hurts for me to say this since you know, we freaking play Dallas.

I am unnaturally incredibly angry at what has happened in the last few days. I was never angry at Zorn - knew he was over his head and was rooting for him. But Shananan? He was supposed to be part of the solution and the BS and drama and arrogance of this season is ridiculous. I am so embarrassed.

And no, this does not make me, or anyone else up here, a fair weather fan.

Posted by: suzannepdc | December 19, 2010 11:25 AM | Report abuse

RomoLB; I wouldn't have a problem with it if:
1.) It wasn't Dallas week.
2.) It was done without the public castration of DM#5.

Posted by: msrent | December 19, 2010 11:25 AM | Report abuse

Totally agree. They could do this to get some reps to the back ups in a more professional way and not two freaking days before we played Dallas.

Posted by: suzannepdc | December 19, 2010 11:28 AM | Report abuse

I have to say that some of you people on here are either blind or just dont watch the games. Mcnabb has been awful since he has been here. If he is not throwing into triple coverage or bounce passing wide open recievers, he is tripping over linemens feet and underthrowing a wide open Armstrong. He was a Pro Bowl QB. He is no longer. I do agree it was a bad trade, but why keep the loser in the game when the season is basicly over and he is terrible anyway. I do not think Grossman is our answer but can he be much worse than McNabb? I guess we will find out. HTTR

Posted by: Ohioskin | December 19, 2010 11:31 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Ohioskin | December 19, 2010 11:32 AM | Report abuse

Double post sorry

Posted by: Ohioskin | December 19, 2010 11:35 AM | Report abuse

RomoLB; I wouldn't have a problem with it if:
1.) It wasn't Dallas week.
2.) It was done without the public castration of DM#5.

Posted by: msrent | December 19, 2010 11:25 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: suzannepdc | December 19, 2010 11:28 AM | Report abuse

Dallas week is meaningless when both teams suck and have nothing to play for.
Public castration? Based on the way he played, Mc#5 pulled his junk out and walked willingly to the public castration stage. So please stop with the undying loyalty for the QB who played for Eagles last year.

Posted by: mack1 | December 19, 2010 11:40 AM | Report abuse

McNabb is who he's always been. He wasn't a fit for Kyle's system and never should have been brought in. I think Mike Wise article pretty much hits the nail on the head. Offense & defense this year has been all about hammering square pegs into round holes. Not sure which are broken more now, the pegs or the holes. Maybe the hammer??

Posted by: msrent | December 19, 2010 11:40 AM | Report abuse

RI editors finally awake...rate the redskins beeps

Posted by: kerzon417 | December 19, 2010 11:47 AM | Report abuse

how was mcnabb publicly castrated? shanny said the season wasn't all on mcnabb and that if they still had a chance to get in playoffs he would be the starter

Posted by: hcic55 | December 19, 2010 11:47 AM | Report abuse

Mack;

Posted by: msrent | December 19, 2010 11:47 AM | Report abuse

And the more I read, the more it starts to make sense. Besides the reasons MS has stated, the best explanation I've heard for pulling DMac is to keep him from getting hurt. If we end up with a decent draft pick for him, will the "sky is falling" types give Shanny any credit for salvaging something from a lost gamble? Doubt it.

Here's an idea. Let's watch the game with absolutely zero expectations. That way we might even be pleasantly surprised.

Posted by: NYPDee | December 19, 2010 11:48 AM | Report abuse

Mack; I would never question your loyalty as a Redskins fan. The rivalry might not be what it was in the old days, but Dallas will always be the most hated team for a Redskin fan. I've seen every Dallas/Washington game since they came into the league. Some real ups & downs. I will always hate Dallas and want to beat them every time we play. Especially in Jerry's new house.

Posted by: msrent | December 19, 2010 11:51 AM | Report abuse

Dallas week is meaningless when both teams suck and have nothing to play for.

Posted by: mack1 | December 19, 2010 11:40 AM | Report abuse

Agree with this. Suzanne, msrent, I don't understand why McNabb is the sacred cow, some untouchable who's feelings need to be put ahead of the wellbeing of the team. He's been here for 13 games after 11 seasons with a hated rival and hasn't played well (understated). The Shannys have established that he is not the future here. Let's see if we can get a clearer picture of our other offensive talent.

Also, it seems to me that Mike is clearly evaluating Kyle's system and play-calling with this change.

"So Kyle, you don't like McNabb and he's why the offense isn't clicking? Fine. You can play Rex, now go prove it."

Posted by: RomoLongballs | December 19, 2010 11:51 AM | Report abuse

I just did the most depressing thing a Skins fan could do this season...cut McNabb from my fantasy team to pick up Jason Campbell. FML...

Posted by: brownwood26 | December 19, 2010 11:54 AM | Report abuse

Who's worse?

(A) The high profile quarterback brought in who plays like himself (some good, some frustratingly bad throws) only a year older with a significantly weaker supporting cast,

OR

(B) The high profile coach who trades my teams draft picks for (A), then decides after less than a year that he may have allegedly made a boo boo?

Posted by: AdamCr | December 19, 2010 11:55 AM | Report abuse

RomoLB; As I've said, they never should have brought DM#5 here. Said it when they did it, still saying it. It's not so much that they don't think he's their guy, it's how it was handled that has hurt the team and DM#5's trade value. MS & KS can't seem to admit that any of this could be coaching/management mistakes. It's all the players.

Posted by: msrent | December 19, 2010 11:59 AM | Report abuse

It's been fun Redskins fans, it's time to open a beer, get the multiple TVs lined up and get my $s worth out of NFL Sunday Ticket. For the first time in our marriage, I'm letting my wife have the biggest screen for her game.
HTTR!!

Posted by: msrent | December 19, 2010 12:04 PM | Report abuse

ShannyKlan Can suck A Fat babies Dick!

Posted by: phildozier | December 19, 2010 2:52 PM | Report abuse