James Thrash, Keeps On Ticking

I'll be the first to admit that from the time Joe Gibbs left the team, I wondered if WR James Thrash's days here were numbered. He was the ultimate "real Redskin" under Gibbs, but was also aging and rarely got on the field in an offensive role the past two seasons.

Don't get me wrong - I actually think Thrash was generally underutilized. I love his toughness, sure hands, route-running ability, positive energy, football instinct, intelligence, versatility (can play like every position other than the O Line and RB), and the total selflessness with which he plays ...

But still, after adding three pass catchers in the second round of the draft, and after Vinny Cerrato and Jim Zorn spent much of the winter lobbing platitudes at young reserve WR Anthony Mix, and with Thrash slowing down and having no ties to the new coaches coming in ... well, let's just say a lot of the football staff here was figuring that Thrash, 32, might have a hard time sticking around.

Turns out Thrash made an immediate impression on Zorn and his guys this offseason. They fell for him for all the same reasons Gibbs did - and his importance on special teams was obvious. Throughout the review of OTA practices, Thrash's name kept coming up in coaching meetings, and the remarks were generally glowing.

"The guy makes plays every day, he can run forever, he learned the offense right away," one staff member said. "The new coaches were like, 'This guy is unbelievable.' They love him too. I'd be shocked if he's not here."

Injuries, of course, are a determining factor in the end. And Zorn, given his predilection for spread formations with 4-5 possible pass catchers, may end up keeping 6 WRs, with Mix and Burl Toller and some others fighting for that spot. (However, with the team possibly keeping 3 TEs, and perhaps an extra offensive lineman, given the age and health issues of that unit, perhaps 6 WRs is a luxury they will not be able to afford.)

Bottom line: You can't keep James Thrash down. I should have known better by now after four years. My bad.

By Jason La Canfora  |  July 22, 2008; 11:35 AM ET
Categories:  Jason La Canfora Share This:  E-Mail | Technorati | Del.icio.us | Digg | Stumble Previous: Portis Turns an Ankle
Next: Portis in the P.M. Practice; Depth at LB (Updated)

Add Redskins Insider to Your Site
Be the first to know when there's a new installment of Redskins Insider! This widget is easy to add to your Web site, and it will update every time there's a new entry.
Get This Widget >>

Comments

first?

Posted by: etrod | July 22, 2008 11:42 AM | Report abuse

Thanks for the update.

Shame it took a couple of injuries and BLloyd being BLloyd for him to get on the field last year. Or Gibbs' jumbo package where Thrash was blocking on a run play 90% of the time.

Posted by: je suis un pizza | July 22, 2008 11:44 AM | Report abuse

Forgot about James Thrash...I have always liked him when he got on the field. He deserves alot more credit that he gets.

Posted by: Cheyenne, WY | July 22, 2008 11:45 AM | Report abuse

Even though I am sorta ready for Thrash to move on, Janso I thought this was your best post since traing camp started. Thanks! Great blog entry.

Posted by: chris larry | July 22, 2008 11:45 AM | Report abuse

Close to first....so damn close

Posted by: cej75024 | July 22, 2008 11:45 AM | Report abuse

Jason, the Skins have hired an "official" blogger and launched a new blog called "The Redskins Blog" at http://theredskinsblog.com/. It's a complete disaster. The new blogger seems completely out of his depth and is getting tortured in the comments by his readers. And then he deletes the comments or turns off the comment feature.

The man is drowning.

What do you think? Have you read his work? Are you worried? Or laughing hysterically? And what does it say about Danny Snyder that he hired this guy?

Posted by: Bob Apreu | July 22, 2008 11:46 AM | Report abuse

Props to Thrash, that guy doesn't have any quit in him. I hope he has a healthy and fantastic season. He deserves to make this team.

Posted by: Go Skins Go | July 22, 2008 11:46 AM | Report abuse

Snip - snip ...as painful as it is...gotta cut the ties at some point

Posted by: cej75024 | July 22, 2008 11:47 AM | Report abuse

That new bog is a nightmare, unreadable, ugly, obvious shill....

Posted by: chris larry | July 22, 2008 11:48 AM | Report abuse

Keep up the good work, JLa. You seem reinvigorated. Is this new verve a result of the joys of fatherhood or have they given you a pay raise?

Posted by: Chia Pet | July 22, 2008 11:53 AM | Report abuse

The Truth!!!

Posted by: The Truth | July 22, 2008 11:54 AM | Report abuse

Give me two turntables and chris laarrry

Posted by: Beck | July 22, 2008 11:58 AM | Report abuse

Here's hoping Thrash teaches the young dudes a thing or three this season -- great habits, busting ass on special teams -- and then rides off into the sunset next offseason.

I love the dude, but if he (or, say, Keenan McCardell, or perhaps Reche Caldwell) is in the game on offense, that has not been a good sign for us.

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | July 22, 2008 11:58 AM | Report abuse

How does the Truth feel about Jason Taylor rearranging the placement of Eli Manning's facemask on September 04, 2008?

Posted by: Chia Pet | July 22, 2008 11:58 AM | Report abuse

JLC is going on old info. Thrash turned 33 in April.

Still, I hope we keep him. From what I hear, Mix hasn't been doing anything in camp to impress.

If it came down to it, id rather keep 6 WR than 3 TE, but i think two rookie WRs and one rookie TE are more than enough "young guys" especially when Moss and Randel El's contracts more or less necessitate they stay with us at least a couple more years.

Posted by: talkshowhost | July 22, 2008 11:59 AM | Report abuse

busting ass on special teams --

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | July 22, 2008 11:58 AM

----------

James Thrash passing gas?

Posted by: Chia Pet | July 22, 2008 11:59 AM | Report abuse

Nah Chia, it's just that there's real football to talk about now!

Posted by: [cc] | July 22, 2008 12:00 PM | Report abuse

I understand the loyalty to Thrash. Heck, there was a time when I believe he was the only Redskin that gave a damn. However, in this salary cap era, hanging on to players because the are good guys is difficult.

With Santana, ARE, Thomas, Kelly, Mix and Cooley/Davis at the TE...how many balls are we gonna use?? In the return game...ARE doing punts and Rock the kicks...um... well you get my drift.

Now, that having been said. If Kelly or Thomas or Mix end up being stiffs, the whole thing is up for grabs. But keeping him on the roster, just cause...

Posted by: cej75024 | July 22, 2008 12:01 PM | Report abuse

Jason,

It's time that you drop the condescension and sneering at the draft picks. You keep saying that the Redskins added "three pass catchers in the second round of the draft."

What they added were two wide receivers and a tight end. There is no such position as "pass catcher" in the NFL. That was the position that Brandon Lloyd wanted to play and they had to let him go.

Both jobs, WR and TE, involve pass catching as an element. But they also have to get open. They have to run fast. They have to knock big people over. They have to avoid getting knocked over by big people. Etc.

Posted by: Anonymous | July 22, 2008 12:01 PM | Report abuse

Great post on Thrash. The guy is way underappreciated. I was at the game where the Skins pummeled the Lions, and Thrash's big punt return was easily the play of the game. The guy is needed in ANY system and on ANY team. If it comes down to him and Mix, I'd take Thrash. We've got our big WRs in the draft, and Mix can always be put on the practice squad. Besides, those young receivers could use a good role model, and Thrash is that guy.

Posted by: brownwood26 | July 22, 2008 12:01 PM | Report abuse

Even if Kelly/Thomas are stiffs, they are assured of a roster spot given the draft/financial investment....SO...

lets hope they aren't stiffs

I smell Mix leaving

Posted by: chris larry | July 22, 2008 12:02 PM | Report abuse

anon @ 12:01

That has to take the cake for the dumbest Janso bash I have ever read...

He will give you amunition....pick your spots dude.

Posted by: chris LArry | July 22, 2008 12:04 PM | Report abuse

I smell Mix leaving

Posted by: chris larry | July 22, 2008 12:02 PM

----------

What about James Thrash? Do you smell him?

Posted by: Chia Pet | July 22, 2008 12:04 PM | Report abuse

In the time of chimpanzees I was chris larry

Posted by: Beck | July 22, 2008 12:05 PM | Report abuse

i smell

Posted by: chris larry | July 22, 2008 12:07 PM | Report abuse

I smell Mix leaving

Posted by: chris larry | July 22, 2008 12:02 PM

As in "he's not in the mix."

First off, good for Thrash. He's always produced big for the Skins when he's had the chance. Glad he's still got it.

Second off, it was ominous last year when Mix joined the team and they never threw him a pass in a game. I wonder if they even threw him one in practice. Basically, I thought it was more of Gibbs/Saunders' shortsightedness and that he deserved more of a chance. Now he's got it in pre-season and I hope he can step up, but if Zorn was as high on him as they claim then they wouldn't have drafted two WRs in the second round.

Posted by: talent evaluator | July 22, 2008 12:07 PM | Report abuse

Remember Thrash's game against the Eagles last season? The dude was unstoppable, that is until he left the game with the ankle. That was also Sean Taylor's last game. He's making the team as the fifth WR, no doubt...

Posted by: SLD | July 22, 2008 12:08 PM | Report abuse

james thrash is a "Mr Do Everything Good" but he is not an elite receiver. That's why the skins took 3 pass catchers in the 2nd round.

Posted by: Anonymous | July 22, 2008 12:09 PM | Report abuse

Frank Hendrhan (sp?) has taken over for Jerry Coleman on ESPN980. I like.

Frank also says that they had to label him as DE/LB in order to get #55, since only LBs can get that # on defense.....

Posted by: 4th | July 22, 2008 12:12 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: | July 22, 2008 12:09 PM

The only ones who thought he was "an elite receiver" were the Eagles, and they've misfired on more receivers a diesel engine running on ethanol. We should have traded them Brandon Lloyd.

Posted by: talent evaluator | July 22, 2008 12:13 PM | Report abuse

Thanks for the post. I've been a huge fan of thrash for a few years now and I'm happy that he should be around a few more years hopefully.

We need Thrash jerseys ASAP!!!

Posted by: Buckley | July 22, 2008 12:13 PM | Report abuse

Gotta feel for McNabb.

Did the Iggles add anyone to their receiving corps at all?

Posted by: Chia Pet | July 22, 2008 12:15 PM | Report abuse

JLaC is pimping Thrash now.......

No way Thrash makes this team.....

Posted by: 4th | July 22, 2008 12:15 PM | Report abuse

t-e,

we would have had to give the eagles draft picks and brandon lloyd just to get him off of our hands

Posted by: Anonymous | July 22, 2008 12:16 PM | Report abuse

of course, we could have also thrown in the proceeds from his next rap album

Posted by: Anonymous | July 22, 2008 12:17 PM | Report abuse

+++Do you have any advice for a newbie blogger like this Matt Terl guy? I know he's kinda your competition, but because he's a corporate shill I doubt you'll lose any readers to him. Hell, he started his second day by complaining about the media -- which just proves he's Danny Snyder's lap dog.+++

Ignore the comments. From the public and/or the Redskins FO. The former will break your spirit, the latter break your pelotas.

Posted by: Corkczar | July 22, 2008 12:17 PM | Report abuse

i see no reason you would keep 3 TEs. If Thrash can play any position under the sun and L. Alexander the same way, I think you have no need for a third one. For 2 tight end sets you got cooley and davis. for 3 TE jumbo sets you can throw thrash, LA or Sellars out there. If you get an injury you make due for the rest of the game and pick up a free agent during the week, a la todd yoder.

Posted by: drew | July 22, 2008 12:17 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: talent evaluator | July 22, 2008 12:07 PM

I don't think any UFA or pickup off another team's practice squad would prevent the Redskins from grabbing 2 of the highest-rated WRs in the draft when they're in a "steal" position. Remember, the skins were in a position to secure Thomas in the 1st round, but traded back instead. That tells me they weren't dead-set on drafting a WR (or 2) that high, just that they happened to be the best values when the picks came around. It's way to early to tell on Mix.

Posted by: psps23 | July 22, 2008 12:18 PM | Report abuse

I smell Mix leaving

Posted by: chris larry | July 22, 2008 12:02 PM

oo-oo, that smell
can't you smell that smell
oo-oo, that smell
the smell of chris larry's around you

Posted by: Lynyrd Skynyrd | July 22, 2008 12:19 PM | Report abuse

now that b-lloyd is in chicago, do you think we'll see a revised version of the superbowl shuffle?

Posted by: Anonymous | July 22, 2008 12:20 PM | Report abuse

Jason,

Posted by: | July 22, 2008 12:01 PM

This anon is a hypersensitive tool. If I wrote something that dumb I wouldn't sign my name to it either. It's called short-hand, dude: it's easier to say "3 pass-catchers" than it is to say "2 WRs and a TE". In addition, that's what the hell they brought those guys in for--to catch passes!

I suppose you're upset by the Jason Taylor thing too--since he's widely being called a "pass rusher" and not a DE/LB. Maybe you're a little miffed that Zorn is called "coach" instead of "Washington Redskins Head Coach".

JLC can be (and usually is) criticized for many things here, but this ain't one. Take your meds, have a drink, and settle down.

Posted by: brownwood26 | July 22, 2008 12:21 PM | Report abuse

I am out to lunch right now. Please respect my privacy and refrain from making any musical references to my odor. Thank you.

Posted by: chris LArry | July 22, 2008 12:22 PM | Report abuse

... But keeping him on the roster, just cause...

Posted by: cej75024 | July 22, 2008 12:01 PM

Agree and understand. But that's not what Zorn and his coaches are saying, They are saying he can Ball, not just that he's a solid citizen and gives a damn.

Even in a salary cap era a team NEEDS good people who can ball. The 'skins lost a good one in Daniels. Ironically, that will help Thrash.

If he couldn't' play, cut him. But if he can. and he can lead by example. he stays.

Posted by: Corkczar | July 22, 2008 12:23 PM | Report abuse

Iggles WRs:

Reggie Brown, Bam Childress, Kevin Curtis, Frantz Hardy, Michael Gasperson, Shaheer McBride, Jamal Jones, Greg Lewis

and...

DeSean Jackson!

Posted by: Chia Pet | July 22, 2008 12:23 PM | Report abuse

Take your meds, have a drink, and settle down.

Posted by: brownwood26 | July 22, 2008 12:21 PM

I would just like to say that this anon poster is not the same anon poster that brownwood26 is slamming. I take different meds.

Posted by: Anonymous | July 22, 2008 12:24 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: talent evaluator | July 22, 2008 12:07 PM

Whoa, whoa, whoa...you can be high on a guy and not start him. That was Philly's problem: they thought Thrash was a starter and he's not. Great utility guy, marginal (at best) starter. I'm high on Rock Cartwright, but I don't want him as my starting RB for 16 games...

Posted by: brownwood26 | July 22, 2008 12:25 PM | Report abuse

I searched the world over and thought I found true love.
You met chris larry and pffft you were gone.

Posted by: Hee Haw | July 22, 2008 12:25 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: | July 22, 2008 12:24 PM

Then pick a name so we can keep the meds straight :)

Posted by: redskirt | July 22, 2008 12:26 PM | Report abuse

This wuz not me:

Posted by: chris LArry | July 22, 2008 12:22 PM

Posted by: chris larry | July 22, 2008 12:26 PM | Report abuse

In the annuls of sports history, this will go down as the biggest chris larry that has ever happened.

Posted by: Howard Cosell | July 22, 2008 12:27 PM | Report abuse

ticking nads

Posted by: Anonymous | July 22, 2008 12:28 PM | Report abuse

The Chris Larry parody?

Give it up already.

Posted by: Chia Pet | July 22, 2008 12:28 PM | Report abuse

This was not me either!

Posted by: Howard Cosell | July 22, 2008 12:27 PM

Posted by: howard cosell | July 22, 2008 12:29 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: | July 22, 2008 12:24 PM

I take the same meds as the first anon, but they work for me. I think it's a tragedy that they're not working for the anon that brownwood26 is so brutally attacking. He's off his meds, brownwood26, give him a break you blog bully.

Posted by: Anonymous | July 22, 2008 12:29 PM | Report abuse

+++Let me make this simple for you. How about we reduce your job to a single element: word typer. "Jason La Canfora, the word typer for the Washington Post." And, that is one of the weakest of your skills, dude.

Posted by: | July 22, 2008 12:01 PM++++

Jason, cindy and New Guy at redskins.com--

Perfect example why bloggers should NEVER read comments.
Too many jacka$$es like this guy who is either (a) jealous and unemployed (b) working for Snyder (c) has broken into the computer room at the Home for the Criminally Insane.

Either that or learn to skim...

Now he'll come after me, but I won't read it and to frustrate him even more, I've put up an irritating fake screen name, which is one step above the blog equivalent of whale Shiite in the Ocean.

Posted by: Fake Screen Name | July 22, 2008 12:29 PM | Report abuse

This wuzn't me either!

The Chris Larry parody?

Give it up already.

Posted by: Chia Pet | July 22, 2008 12:28 PM

Posted by: Chia Pet | July 22, 2008 12:30 PM | Report abuse

I had an issue with 'The Media' calling them receivers and yes pass catchers. One of them is a TE who will need to block alot as the #2 TE.

Def not worth my time to post, but I just included to tell Anon I understand where you're coming from.....

Let the blasting 4th begin.....

Posted by: 4th | July 22, 2008 12:30 PM | Report abuse

This whole Chris Larry is out of order!!!

Posted by: Anonymous | July 22, 2008 12:32 PM | Report abuse

Wow! Just wow! Now someone is anon blogging my anon screen name.

Posted by: | July 22, 2008 12:24 PM

Posted by: | July 22, 2008 12:29 PM

Posted by: Anonymous | July 22, 2008 12:32 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: chris LArry | July 22, 2008 12:22 PM

Trust me we KNOW you're "out to lunch."

Come on, CL, if you're gonna post Gopher Balls like that, we're gonna hit 'em.

Gopher Balls. can you SAY that on this blog?

Posted by: Gopher Balls, or Topher Grace | July 22, 2008 12:32 PM | Report abuse

the only way Thrash goes is if he can be replaced on special teams. That's where his bread and butter is and so many young guys miss the boat.

Posted by: etrod | July 22, 2008 12:34 PM | Report abuse

Frank Hendrhan (sp?) has taken over for Jerry Coleman on ESPN980. I like.

Posted by: 4th | July 22, 2008 12:12 PM

Please tell me you mean as Skins beat reporter...that Jerry Coleman is a f-ing joke. When I was there that hideous troll was too damn busy chasing tail (and getting laughed at in the process) to cover anything. And I heard he got run out of his old job in Baltimore. Good riddance to one of the worst hires in radio history.

Posted by: brownwood26 | July 22, 2008 12:34 PM | Report abuse

Great!

You've picked another target. The next time your sleazy little digits type my name, I'd like you to consider that I'm an inanimate object, a clay figurine and could care less, but if I did care, and if it were possible, I'd leap across my window sill and break your slimy, stink infested fingers one at a time.

Posted by: Chia Pet | July 22, 2008 12:34 PM | Report abuse

The seven things you can't say on Redskin's Insider:

Golpher balls
tragedy
chris larry
Skins suck
J-La sucks
SJK
WaPO sucks

Posted by: George Carlin | July 22, 2008 12:35 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: 4th | July 22, 2008 12:30 PM

So do you get upset when our other draftees are called "DBs" and not SS, FS, or CB?

Posted by: psps23 | July 22, 2008 12:36 PM | Report abuse

oohhh,
would that be your pig version, your standard chia version, or your shrek version? I'm shuddering!

Posted by: Anonymous | July 22, 2008 12:37 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: 4th | July 22, 2008 12:30 PM

4th, be real. Davis isn't here to block. He's here to catch. And if Vinny drafted him to block he f-ed up because that's not his game.

Posted by: brownwood26 | July 22, 2008 12:38 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: chris LArry | July 22, 2008 12:22 PM

Well I wear this net on my head, 'cause my red hair is fallin' out.
I wear these brown orthopeadic shoes, 'cause i got a bad case of the Gout.
I know you want seconds on the corndogs, but theres no reason to shout.
Chris Larry gets enough food down here in... Lunchlady Land.

Posted by: Adam Sandler | July 22, 2008 12:38 PM | Report abuse

addendum:

8th thing - chia pet

Posted by: George Carlin | July 22, 2008 12:39 PM | Report abuse

I also take issue with the term 'receiver'. Not on so-called 'Receiver' has ever improved my TV reception.

Posted by: etrod | July 22, 2008 12:39 PM | Report abuse

Piece o'sh*t chia pet
I got a piece o'sh*t chia pet
My plant's a f-ing piece o'sh*t
It only makes my window sill wet

It's a piece o'sh*t chia!

Posted by: Adam Sandler | July 22, 2008 12:41 PM | Report abuse

That the internet gives refuge to spineless sleaze coils such as your anon self is a real shame.

End it already, you loser.

Posted by: Chia Pet | July 22, 2008 12:42 PM | Report abuse

I have a problem with tight ends.

Posted by: John Holmes | July 22, 2008 12:43 PM | Report abuse

or spoof away, which ever suits you best.

Posted by: Chia Pet | July 22, 2008 12:43 PM | Report abuse

really and why did your parents name you chia pet, mr anon too, but too stupid to admit it?

Posted by: Anonymous | July 22, 2008 12:44 PM | Report abuse

i'm taking my toys and going home now 'cause mister chia pet made me mad!

Posted by: Anonymous | July 22, 2008 12:46 PM | Report abuse

Hope you enjoy the balance of your summer vacation.

;-)

Posted by: Chia Pet | July 22, 2008 12:48 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: 4th | July 22, 2008 12:12 PM

Posted by: brownwood26 | July 22, 2008 12:34 PM

Yes. Redskins Beat Reporter.

I forgot Jerry coleman was BMore. That's why JLaC is carrying the cross for him and hating on the skins, I mean ESPN980, after they got rid of him.......

Posted by: 4th | July 22, 2008 12:49 PM | Report abuse

oohhh,

Posted by: | July 22, 2008 12:37 PM

And you all think I have problems! Chia's got multiple personalities. Pick one up at Wal-Mart.

Posted by: Wal Mart Manager | July 22, 2008 12:49 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: psps23 | July 22, 2008 12:36 PM

SS, FS, & CBs are DBs

Posted by: 4th | July 22, 2008 12:51 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: brownwood26 | July 22, 2008 12:38 PM

Then Who the SJK is going to block???

I am all of sudden getting bad memories of the Ol' Ball Coach!!!

Posted by: 4th | July 22, 2008 12:52 PM | Report abuse

Door to door salesmen are also DB's.

Posted by: etrod | July 22, 2008 12:54 PM | Report abuse

SS, FS, & CBs are DBs

Posted by: 4th | July 22, 2008 12:51 PM

And WRs and TEs aren't pass-cathers? (Especially when you consider Fred Davis is a receiving TE)

Posted by: psps23 | July 22, 2008 12:54 PM | Report abuse

Thrash and Cartwright have secured roster spots based primarily on special teams play. That said, there will be competition between Mix and Mason to determine if there will be 6 WRs or 4 RBs -- there will definitely be 3 TEs this year. My guess is six wide receivers make the final roster.

Posted by: Siris | July 22, 2008 12:55 PM | Report abuse

These guys are also dB's:

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | July 22, 2008 12:58 PM | Report abuse

Thrash is a guy who won't have much of an impact, whether he stays or goes. He's a great guy for effort, but his talent is marginal for this league. There will be a home for him in the NFL.

If nothing else, he'll push the rookies hard. Still, can anyone see Thrash taking a roster spot from Kelly or Thomas ... unless the rookies just screw up (see Davis, Fred ...)

Posted by: AL Zeke etc | July 22, 2008 12:58 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: psps23 | July 22, 2008 12:54 PM

Or would you prefer they come up with an official categorization to combine the obvious similar skillsets and roles within a game that WRs and TEs have in common?

Posted by: psps23 | July 22, 2008 12:59 PM | Report abuse

Pedantic semanticists.

Posted by: fill in for Redcoat | July 22, 2008 1:00 PM | Report abuse

For the record, I am not a pass-catching TE, I am a Zzzz-catching TE. Now please quiet down as it is time for my nap. And don't wake me for the afternoon practice either.

Posted by: Fred "Sleepy" Davis | July 22, 2008 1:02 PM | Report abuse

pandemic scientologists.

Posted by: etrod | July 22, 2008 1:02 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: psps23 | July 22, 2008 12:54 PM

And this is why I didn't want to post this thought I had. I knew I would get pounded.....

I don't want to answer this before I open even some more can of words (but will answer anyway).

Pass Catching is only one element of the game. If it is a players' (WR and TE) only element, he ain't that good (unless you're A Gates).....

Posted by: 4th | July 22, 2008 1:02 PM | Report abuse

(the blog pauses whilst those words are dictionary-dot-com'd)

Posted by: Anonymous | July 22, 2008 1:02 PM | Report abuse

Then Who the SJK is going to block???

Posted by: 4th | July 22, 2008 12:52 PM

...Portis?

Posted by: redskirt | July 22, 2008 1:03 PM | Report abuse

Cooley is a pretty decent blocker, who has improved that part of his game every year. Maybe Davis can follow suit. Also Sellers can easily, and has lined up at TE. He can obviously block.

But this is all a roster dilema, fo sho!

Posted by: chris larry | July 22, 2008 1:03 PM | Report abuse

I'm OK with calling a Tight end a receiever as he is generally an eligible receiver even if he's blocking. Calling a Tight end a pass catcher is like calling a Safety an "interceptor".

Posted by: etrod | July 22, 2008 1:07 PM | Report abuse

Hold up, I think Dik tried to sneak an engagement announcement past us.

Congrats, Dik, though it's a bummer about her being a Cowboys fan and all.

Our man Shock (from the DC Shabingus, and a comment once in a blue moon) also married a Cowboys fan. They seemed to be fairly well-adjusted.

Also, belated congrats to scamp.

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | July 22, 2008 1:09 PM | Report abuse

It appears that the incidence of Anonymous Sociopath Syndrome is increasing here.

Posted by: Dr. Klaus Kleber | July 22, 2008 1:09 PM | Report abuse

Corners and safeties are "pass coverers."

Zornbrellas are "practice field sideline coverers."

Speaking of which, how's the weather in Ashburn, still frightful?

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | July 22, 2008 1:11 PM | Report abuse

"Also Sellers can easily, and has lined up at TE. He can obviously block."

But Sellers doesn't catch worth a damn.

Posted by: Anonymous | July 22, 2008 1:12 PM | Report abuse

So you guys only have an issue with the term "pass-catcher", and not the intent of the phrase. Is that correct?

The whole idea was to say that Fred Davis can essentially fill the role that needed filling (i.e. a talented "receiver"). More than likely, this was why he was brought in, and whether he's designated as a TE or WR, on the "depth chart" of receiving options, he's probably right in the mix with Moss, Cooley, ARE, Thomas, and Kelly. In which case, it makes it that much harder for James Thrash, Anthony Mix, etc. to crack the lineup/roster and make an impact. Do we agree on this?

Posted by: psps23 | July 22, 2008 1:15 PM | Report abuse

Um, anon at 1:12, Sellers can catch. I've seen him do it.

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | July 22, 2008 1:15 PM | Report abuse

I like the Hardy Boys, Boy Scouts, boy bands, Chef Boyardee and... I'm a boy.

Posted by: chia pet | July 22, 2008 1:16 PM | Report abuse

Sellers can catch, just does not et the ball much.

Posted by: Alex35332 | July 22, 2008 1:16 PM | Report abuse

No one has mention Todd Yoder on this thread. That disturbs me.

Posted by: etrod | July 22, 2008 1:18 PM | Report abuse

Chris Hanburger wore #55 for us, as did Andre Collins. Other double nickels?

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | July 22, 2008 1:18 PM | Report abuse

Still don't understand drafting Fred Davis. We have a young Pro Bowl TE who is under a long term contract.

So Davis won't start. Some will say the Skins will go double TE, but how often will that be? 1 play out of 5? You use a #2 pick on guy who is hopefully going to be a starter, an every down player. Not on a guy whose upside is being a backup. And especially not on a guy who can't figure out an alarm clock...

Posted by: AL Zeke etc | July 22, 2008 1:19 PM | Report abuse

Mel Kauffman.

Posted by: etrod | July 22, 2008 1:20 PM | Report abuse

Sellers catches just fine (see today's practice...)

Posted by: Dik | July 22, 2008 1:20 PM | Report abuse

Trotter?

Posted by: Anonymous | July 22, 2008 1:21 PM | Report abuse

Watch for Chris Hanburger to be nominated for the HOF by the oldtimers committee within the next few years ...

Posted by: AL Zeke etc | July 22, 2008 1:22 PM | Report abuse

TAYLOR IS A CLASS ACT

Not saying I'm changing spots. but DAMN I'm impressd with Taylor, the person. Watch his media interviews. he says ALL the right things. He's self-deprecating but confident enough to say "I wont' be guying donuts" as a rookie might.

I also find it interesting that he said "I would have been playing linebacker" at Miami, and he took #55.

So now, maybe, he provides depth at OLB, a redskins weakness, what with gimpy kneed Rocky Mac and dinged up Washington abck there.

No reason why he can't pass rush from LB. On passing downs, him, Carter and Chris Wilson are scary.

Still don't like the idea of mortgaging the future, but the fact that Taylor is such a class act and Zorn is--I believe--a potential GREAT NFL coach, I can understand why the FO may be willing to take a run at it this year and next.

The scary part is aging vets get hurt, and the redskins remain painfully thin at too many positions.

Posted by: Corkczar | July 22, 2008 1:22 PM | Report abuse

Trotter was 54, I think.

Posted by: etrod | July 22, 2008 1:22 PM | Report abuse

etrod, isn't it nice to have sooo many ball handlers that we forget one for a change??!! Wow!

Now... can someone please get them the stinkin' ball??!!

Posted by: Dik | July 22, 2008 1:23 PM | Report abuse

That's why Yoder's so deadly. Everyone forgets about him.

Posted by: etrod | July 22, 2008 1:25 PM | Report abuse

Chi Pet's other favorites:

The Lost Boys
The Boys of Brazil
The Boys of Summer
The Beach Boys
Los Lonely Boys
Boy Howdy

Posted by: The rest of the Top 10 | July 22, 2008 1:26 PM | Report abuse

Look Thrash in our 'Rudy', he stays simply because he's 100% effort and that makes all the new 'pass-catching' talent have to show maximum effort. Then maybe one of these new 'talents' see the value of max effort and then the 'skins have the next Jerry Rice or in today's golf Tiger Woods - max talent combined with max effort. Keeping Thrash is a no-brainer for a new HC.

Posted by: bangkokben | July 22, 2008 1:26 PM | Report abuse

So, can we all agree that Jason is a "word typer" and that Cindy is a "spell checker"?

Posted by: Anonymous | July 22, 2008 1:26 PM | Report abuse

Cork, you can wait 'til #55 proves it on the field. Which he will.

I'm guessing your issue with Taylor isn't related to him as much as it is his contract, squeezing cap space again + giving up picks.

Posted by: AL Zeke etc | July 22, 2008 1:27 PM | Report abuse

Thrash is absolutely great on punt coverage downing the ball on the one. Never seen anyone do it better and more often.

He should have been returning punts instead of ARE. Devon Thomas might share the KO duties with Rock this year, but it could be they should keep Thrash around to return punts.

Posted by: skinfanman | July 22, 2008 1:27 PM | Report abuse

OMG!! Jason Taylor went down and was carted off.

Posted by: Tonto's Jock | July 22, 2008 1:28 PM | Report abuse

First - Dan Snyder is going to own the Redskins for the rest of your lives. Get over it. Get over the way he does business. Or start following the Ravens.

The New 'Redskins' blog is three days old.

Only a moron would consider it a disater at this stage. And the more info from varied sources the more we have to read.

It'll be a welcome respite from JLACs twist on all information. The guy is a bit of a sour puss. But at least JLAC is doing a job. He may want to be covering Soccer full time. But it's his job and he has to show up and write Redskins or quit. So he writes Redskins.

All the Snyder haters who hate for free - what a waste of your brains.

Posted by: Gnome | July 22, 2008 1:28 PM | Report abuse

I remember 55 as being Chris Hanburger's number. And I'm not sure, but it seems the number might have been semi-retired for awhile.

Posted by: skinfanman | July 22, 2008 1:28 PM | Report abuse

That's why Yoder's so deadly. Everyone forgets about him.

Posted by: etrod | July 22, 2008 1:25 PM

deadly or irrelevant?

Posted by: Anonymous | July 22, 2008 1:28 PM | Report abuse

In 2005 Sellers had 12 catches and 7 of those were TDs. I wish the rest of our "pass-catchers" had that kind of ratio...

Posted by: [cc] | July 22, 2008 1:30 PM | Report abuse

Is The Truth the only one that sees the intent to move ARE, Thrash, and Moss out of Washington? The Truth says it might be sad to some, but it is true.

The Truth notes that if all 3 of The Redskins' 2nd round picks perform well (which The Truth actually has a good feeling about), The Truth would not be surprised to see ARE and/or Moss put on the trading block. The Truth says that the team will then try to get a little younger (how old is Cooley? 27?) and everyone will complain, but it will be a good move overall to get rid of two loved but somewhat underperforming players.

Also, The Truth notes that CP is on his way out in about 3 years if The Danny can handle the heartbreak.

Also, for the record, The Truth notes that he is a fan of every player he just mentioned, but The Truth is a REALIST!

Posted by: The Truth | July 22, 2008 1:31 PM | Report abuse

Gnome, are you saying there are people who get paid to hate Snyder? Golly. If that's the case, we sure have been wasting our time up here...

Speaking of which, where's Ricky Bobby?

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | July 22, 2008 1:32 PM | Report abuse

Chris Doleman, who is similar to Jason Taylor, was very effective with the SF 49ers. He was age 35-37 in those years and made a Pro Bowl at age 36 (and age 34). Taylor turns 34 in Sept

He wore #56 ... fwiw

Posted by: AL Zeke etc | July 22, 2008 1:33 PM | Report abuse

Speaking of which, where's Ricky Bobby?

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | July 22, 2008 1:32 PM

He moved in with Lisa and hasn't been heard from since.

Posted by: talent evaluator | July 22, 2008 1:34 PM | Report abuse

I think they need to keep 3 tight ends (Cooley, Yoder, Davis), so I don't know if that, alone, means they can only have 5 wideouts, but even if it is only 5 Thrash has to be one of them. The guy is just a problem solver. He fits everywhere.

Posted by: Mike H. | July 22, 2008 1:39 PM | Report abuse

What was my number here again?

Posted by: LaVar Arrington | July 22, 2008 1:39 PM | Report abuse

With Taylor in now I see no reason why we cant win 8-10 of our non-conference games.

Posted by: Alex35332 | July 22, 2008 1:39 PM | Report abuse

56, lavar

Posted by: Anonymous | July 22, 2008 1:42 PM | Report abuse

Ricky Bobby was spotted commenting on one of the Taylor trade threads, actually liked the trade, but did acknolwedge the FO painted themselves into a trap.....

Posted by: chris larry | July 22, 2008 1:42 PM | Report abuse

The Truth has a point. I don't agree that all 3 WRs are gone, but Moss had a poor year, ARE isn't a #1, at best a #2. Thrash is the #5 WR, you either use that spot to develop a young player or keep a vet that won't make a mistake when you need to use him.

The WCO requires both speed and size at WR. I suspect they like the idea of having Moss, paired with either Kelly or Thomas (whoever is better). Having both speed and size on the field challenges defenses.

Posted by: AL Zeke etc | July 22, 2008 1:43 PM | Report abuse

Man, that Dallas fan is scared!... this is awesome!!

Posted by: Dik | July 22, 2008 1:44 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Alex35332 | July 22, 2008 1:39 PM

I was told we'd only be playing 4 non-conference games this year. Gosh! Now I'm all turned around.

Posted by: Coach Zorn | July 22, 2008 1:45 PM | Report abuse

By the way, if you haven't heard yet, Batman's a mom-beater.

Posted by: Matt Drudge | July 22, 2008 1:46 PM | Report abuse

Without going into detail why can' they fit all:

3 QB's
4 RB's
6 WR's
3 TE's
10 OL
8 DL
6 LB
6 CB
4 S
1k
1p

Thats 52 right there. 26 on O, 24 on D + K and P

Posted by: Alex35332 | July 22, 2008 1:47 PM | Report abuse

Small teeth strongly correlate with mom-beating behavior.

Posted by: David Caruso | July 22, 2008 1:48 PM | Report abuse

The Truth says "Sellers can't catch!?!" and posts the following link :

The Truth believes the only way to tackle Sellers is to let him trip over your broken spine.

Posted by: The Truth | July 22, 2008 1:48 PM | Report abuse

Chris Hanburger wore #55 for us, as did Andre Collins. Other double nickels?

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | July 22, 2008 1:18 PM

Rian Wallace also currently holds #55 and is a LB as well.........

Posted by: 4th | July 22, 2008 1:49 PM | Report abuse

I was just getting into character. Next installment's bat costume was just a tank top.

Posted by: Christian Bale | July 22, 2008 1:50 PM | Report abuse

Don't forget me.

Posted by: The Red Snapper | July 22, 2008 1:51 PM | Report abuse

Rian Wallace also currently holds #55 and is a LB as well.........

Posted by: 4th | July 22, 2008 1:49 PM

Was he really going to make the team anyway.

Posted by: SAK | July 22, 2008 1:52 PM | Report abuse

Things that are making me lose by f-ing mind.

1. References to Fred Davis oversleeping. Stop it already.
2. Posters acting like they are great GMs. If you're so damn great, go get a job in the front office.
3. James Thrash as a punt returner. Forget it unless all punt returns are basically in a straight line.
4. Brett Favre as a Redskin. Until last year, everybody thought he was done. Maybe last year was like the last bit of strength shown by a dying man.
5. Trying to figure out who is going to stick after two days of camp. Enough said.
6. JLC's relationship with the Skins' front office. He may work for the Post, but his relatioship with the front office definitely impacts his ability to do his job. He needs to make peace.
There's more, but that's enough for today.

Posted by: Prodigal Son | July 22, 2008 1:53 PM | Report abuse

Rian Wallace also currently holds #55 and is a LB as well.........

Posted by: 4th | July 22, 2008 1:49 PM

I just checked the roster and I think he's switched to 57. So, if you have a #55 Rian Wallace jersey, it's a collector's item and you can sell it on eBay for big bucks. Take the money and buy .... Six Flags stock.

Posted by: talent evaluator | July 22, 2008 1:53 PM | Report abuse

I said 10 linemen. I would like to see EA get some time on the line as spot relief. I mean who would you rather as the no 2 Center? EA or JJ?

Posted by: Alex35332 | July 22, 2008 1:54 PM | Report abuse

Only a moron would consider it a disater at this stage.

Posted by: Gnome | July 22, 2008 1:28 PM

Count me a moron. You can't lock or delete comments on a blog or it doesn't work. It's a failed business model. People who really spend time on blogs do so for the varied views (See RI) and alot of that comes from dissenting voices as well.

At this point it's a disaster and doomed to fail lest someone over there at dannyland smartens up and accepts the fact that it's the Internets not a radio station....

Posted by: Skinz | July 22, 2008 1:55 PM | Report abuse

I'd hate to lose Anthony Mix, and the Redskins need to keep 3 tight ends. As much as I like Thrash, I think I might go for the future and keep Mix. Mix was successful as a special teams guy last year if I remember right.

But if Lorenzo Alexander can fill both a backup DL and emergency OL spot, shouldn't that give them the flexibility to keep 6 WR?

They have to keep Stephon Heyer and their Rookie draft pick as OL backups, but they shouldn't need anyone else other than the starters. Their entire offense is basically set so it should be pretty easy to do the math.

7 O-lineman (counting L. Alexander as Defense)
3 TE
4 RB (Portis, Betts, Cartwright, Sellers)
3 QB (Or could they practice squad Brennan and go with 2-ARE as emergency)
5-6 WR

So if they keep only 22 offensive players, then one of these 5 is out: Thrash/Mix/Brennan/Yoder/Cartwright.
If they keep 23 then they all make it.

Posted by: Paul S | July 22, 2008 1:58 PM | Report abuse

Things that are making me lose by f-ing mind.

Posted by: Prodigal Son | July 22, 2008 1:53 PM

You lack historicap perspective, Son.

How about the way we treated LaVar Arrington? Don't you think we should have kept Antonio Pierce? Do you think we should have fired Marty Schottenheimer? And where do you stand on Billy and Sonny?

Posted by: talent evaluator | July 22, 2008 1:58 PM | Report abuse

The Truth also says that should Kelly, Thomas, and Davis perform well, The Redskins would be very wise to take advantage of the trade value in ARE and/or Moss next off-season. The Truth says they are both getting older and less productive.

The Truth asks, theoretically, if Moss has an above average, what do YOU, yes YOU, think his trade value would be next year? The Truth asks the same for ARE?

Posted by: The Truth | July 22, 2008 1:59 PM | Report abuse

nads

on the chin

Posted by: Anonymous | July 22, 2008 1:59 PM | Report abuse

I haven't played on the OLine in years. I'm not in any way shape or form a backup offensive lineman or I would've played in the game last year when we were down to 4 healthy guys and Wade, or maybe it was Heyer, came back in to play on basically one leg.

Posted by: The Red Snapper | July 22, 2008 2:00 PM | Report abuse

Things that are making me lose by f-ing mind.

1. Letting posts on a blog bother me.

2. Not taking my meds.

3 Ranting to strangers.

4. Making stupid "points"

Posted by: Prodigal Son | July 22, 2008 1:53 PM

Posted by: Fixed | July 22, 2008 2:01 PM | Report abuse

ARE is in the slot - he is coming off his best RECEIVING season - still not the Al Saunders threat. Moss had injuries last year but down the stretch was fantastic - except for thinking that TC wouldn't throw it in Seattle. When healthy a true #1 - see 2005 stats.

Both are starting with A NEW HC and new system, last year doesn't matter shcite - it's all this year as ro how much longer those guys are on this team. And I'd say they may have a two-year window.

Also, what kind of 2nd round WRs did you draft? Taylor Jacobses or Chad Johnsonses or Anquan Boldinses? The answer to those questions will carry plenty of weight on who to keep. BUT THAT IS SO FAR IN THE FUTURE - TWO YEARS.

I know we're talking about it because of this year's draft class but this year we need the number two (whoever it is, platooned with Thrash, I care not) to be productive! 50 catches for 600 yards, 4 TDs enough for me. Needs to be an option that way the other options - which are a plenty aren't used up.

Posted by: bangkokben | July 22, 2008 2:02 PM | Report abuse

Chris Hanburger wore #55 for us, as did Andre Collins. Other double nickels?

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | July 22, 2008 1:18 PM

I think someone else very recently did as well - not a big name - since my Mother, who still thinks its the 1970s/1980s was upset when she saw someone wearing "Chris Hamburger's number" when we went to a game.

Posted by: suzannepdc | July 22, 2008 2:03 PM | Report abuse

Lives in the present and not to past but since you ask.
Lavar: Was treat like doo but he also seemed lacking in his ability to learn the defense.
Billy vs. Sonny. I like Billy.
Marty. Shouldn't have been fired.
Antonio Pierce. Wasn't worth the coin he was looking for. (And I say this even after he won a Super Bowl.)

Posted by: Prodigal Son | July 22, 2008 2:03 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: The Truth | July 22, 2008 1:59 PM

Zero. They're overpaid and overaged. Their best years are behind them. 'Skins would have to cut them, assuming we can afford the cap hit.

Posted by: talent evaluator | July 22, 2008 2:03 PM | Report abuse

Went to theRedskinsblog.com site and this was the first thing that I read on it -

Not Found

Sorry, but you are looking for something that isn't here.

Posted by: charlie | July 22, 2008 2:05 PM | Report abuse

I Keep Moss if he has a good year. Cuting a playing who did well makes 0 sense unless you can tell that someone beat them for their spot. And I don't see these new kids being a no 1/2 for another few seasons.

Posted by: Alex35332 | July 22, 2008 2:09 PM | Report abuse

Not Found

Sorry, but you are looking for something that isn't here.

Posted by: charlie | July 22, 2008 2:05 PM

Click on the abnormally large blue 8 and you will get to the blog.

Posted by: suzannepdc | July 22, 2008 2:10 PM | Report abuse

I think Dallas Sartz was also #55. Still can't believe they drafted a guy named Dallas. At least he's not here anymore.

Posted by: [cc] | July 22, 2008 2:12 PM | Report abuse

Mike Barrow was assigned number 55 here, but obviously never wore it in a game.

Posted by: Dave | July 22, 2008 2:15 PM | Report abuse

TE,

Either your tounge is firmly planted in your cheek or your an effing idiot. They are both 29 and nowhere close to the top paid receivers in the game.

Posted by: bangkokben | July 22, 2008 2:16 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: [cc] | July 22, 2008 2:12 PM

Maybe we did it to keep him from going to Dallas? Not only is he not here, but Minny picked him up last year and then cut him. He's available to any team in the league at the moment. I wonder what went wrong with him -- the 'Skins were pretty high on him.

Posted by: talent evaluator | July 22, 2008 2:17 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: suzannepdc | July 22, 2008 2:03 PM

Mel Kauffman

Posted by: etrod | July 22, 2008 2:17 PM | Report abuse

The Truth is bringing it

Posted by: AL Zeke etc | July 22, 2008 2:20 PM | Report abuse

Six receivers, huh?

What other position battles are heating up? What's the story at safety? Anyone heard anything?

Posted by: Rep. Heath Shuler (D-NC) | July 22, 2008 2:20 PM | Report abuse

Hey "Rep. Heath Shuler (D-NC)" did any of the other Congressional members intercept any of your ideas (and return them for touchdowns).

Posted by: Not Anonymous | July 22, 2008 2:22 PM | Report abuse

diddy and all other alcoholic iphone owners, you MUST download an app called iPint...

Posted by: dealer | July 22, 2008 2:28 PM | Report abuse

I believe the story at safety is: watch your a$$, TO, 'cause landry is going to lay you OUT!

That'll work.

The other safety will be better as Tango & Crash will be cutting the passing clock waaay short.

Additionally, this should up McIntosh's numbers even more.

And the Truth is Sellers caught one over the back today for a TD. Sukkard. Just 'cause you didn't catch one don't mean ya can't.

....hmmmm.. trying to remember the last fullback used primarily as a reciever... hmmm....

Posted by: Dik | July 22, 2008 2:30 PM | Report abuse

What am I, chopped liver???

Posted by: Erasmus James | July 22, 2008 2:30 PM | Report abuse

A nickname for the DL -

The MB4

(MB stands for Maroon and Black!)

Posted by: charlie | July 22, 2008 2:33 PM | Report abuse

Well congressman, with JT55 we no longer need any secondary

Posted by: Alex35332 | July 22, 2008 2:33 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Erasmus James | July 22, 2008 2:30 PM

Look out for that banana peal on the floor.

Posted by: Alex35332 | July 22, 2008 2:36 PM | Report abuse

How about the Red Line?

Posted by: Alex35332 | July 22, 2008 2:37 PM | Report abuse

r.i.p. estelle geddy

Posted by: Anonymous | July 22, 2008 2:37 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: bangkokben | July 22, 2008 2:16 PM

Thanks for the feedback, Ben. My tongue is not in my cheek so, yeah, I must be an effing idiot.

The reason they're not the top paid receivers in the game is their production is not near the top paid receivers. They're oft injured and 29 is not the prime time for a WR. They're overpaid for what they produce and that's why no one would trade for them.

Santana Moss was 34th in the league last year in receiving yards and ARE was 46th. In 2006 they were 53rd and 115th. Why do you think the Redskins just drafted two wide receivers in the second round? These guys' best years are behind them, not ahead of them.

Posted by: talent evaluator | July 22, 2008 2:37 PM | Report abuse

We need to get the original 55 into the HOF. Chris Hanburger was the best at head tackling

Posted by: skinsfanWI | July 22, 2008 2:40 PM | Report abuse

We have a secondary, they just can't function in lieu of a passrush of which we've had none for quite a while.

Posted by: Dik | July 22, 2008 2:44 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Dik | July 22, 2008 2:30 PM

I think that might have been the first casual usage of the nickname Tango & Crash, so I put it on the wiki (in spite of the wiki's best efforts to thwart me with the "do you want to paste from your clipboard" pop-up).

Posted by: redskirt | July 22, 2008 2:47 PM | Report abuse

All of you guys hating on Thrash as a punt returner need to look up the numbers. Who led the NFL last year in average yards per punt return? Yep: Thrash, with an average of 35.5 per return.

Okay it was only two returns, and one of them was 62 yards, but his name is at the top of the list, even ahead of Devin Hester (21.7 yards per return).

Posted by: talent evaluator | July 22, 2008 2:48 PM | Report abuse

That's my favorite so far. Good thinkin' Redskirt ;)

Posted by: Dik | July 22, 2008 2:48 PM | Report abuse

Tango and Crash is hot. I will get drunk and get nate the shirt of it tonight, or something

Posted by: Alex35332 | July 22, 2008 2:49 PM | Report abuse

beepbeep

Posted by: Cindy | July 22, 2008 2:51 PM | Report abuse

OK, TE, now look at fumbles per return. Thrash led in that category as well. Two returns, one fumble.

Not hating, just saying ...

Posted by: AL Zeke etc | July 22, 2008 2:52 PM | Report abuse

That's my favorite so far. Good thinkin' Redskirt ;)

Posted by: Dik | July 22, 2008 2:48 PM

Posted by: Alex35332 | July 22, 2008 2:49 PM

Ehhxcellent.

There's no clever definition, though, just a rough "Jason Taylor and Andre Carter" written beneath it because the aforementioned pop-up kept making me hit the "enter" key after every. single. keystroke.

Feel free cool it up, anyone whose browser doesn't SJK with them on the wiki.

Posted by: redskirt | July 22, 2008 2:55 PM | Report abuse

In Gary Fitz' blerg on the Skins site, he has an update about Buges take on the O-line. Buges says Heyer and Rinehart are having great camps (after two and a half days). Samuels is taking it easy (something about his elbow). Kendall is the #2 center ... with Rinehart and Crummey battling for #3 center.

Posted by: dcsween | July 22, 2008 2:55 PM | Report abuse

Things that are making me lose by f-ing mind.

1. References to Fred Davis oversleeping. Stop it already.

IT COULD MOTIVATE HIM. HE HAS A REP AS LAZY

SOME OF US CAN'T PLAY RACQUETBALL WORTH A DAMN

AGREE.

NOW WHO THINKS HE'S A GM?

FOOTBALL IS A SPORT. GUESSING LIKE THIS IS FUN. SHUT UP.

There's more, but that's enough for today.

NOW YOU'RE ACTING LIKE A TEAM OWNER NOT JUST A GM.

Posted by: Prodigal Son | July 22, 2008 1:53 PM

GOOD POST. MAY I HAVE ANOTHER, SIR? SERIOUSLY, IT'S WHAT THIS DEALIO IS FOR.

Posted by: Corkczar | July 22, 2008 2:58 PM | Report abuse

THRASH STAYS...Yes, he's not an elite receiver BUT he's the man on special teams AND a leader in the locker room...Mix can bounce, f' him...He made some clutch special teams plays at the end of the year but...........I've started checking the "official" redskins blog before this one.. A) b/c it tells the info asap B) the guys got a sense of humor so it's enjoyable C) the guy doesn't talk about his wife and kids (seriously jasno, who do you think cares?) D) no lame chris larry jokes.

Posted by: marc | July 22, 2008 3:00 PM | Report abuse

Things that make me smile:

1) Heyer
2) The Playoffs
3) Dan Snyder losing money
4) Ballers who are articulate and have thier head screwed on straight
5) Hearing Hail to the Redskins over and over
6) Hearing my girlfriend say "please sir, may I have another."

Posted by: Prodigal Son | July 22, 2008 3:06 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: The Truth | July 22, 2008 1:59 PM

How does the truth know that ALL 2nd rounders will pann out?? History shows that at the most, 2 will pann out and Devin Thomas may be that odd man that fails to show promise. Fred Davis is running a close 2nd....

Posted by: 4th | July 22, 2008 3:11 PM | Report abuse

I've always been a Thrash fan. I should get a Thrash jersey. I never see them.

Posted by: Shock | July 23, 2008 10:43 AM | Report abuse