Zorn's Take; Kelly Update

I've compiled some highlights from Jim Zorn's presser, and we're also looking into Malcolm Kelly's status. From what we're hearing, arthroscopic knee surgery is likely - which would put him out at least 2-3 weeks - but the team's medical staff and coaches are in meetings and we are awaiting confirmation from the club.

As for the press conference:

Zorn liked what he saw from the draft class for the most part. QB Colt Brennan's performance grabbed some headlines, as he went 9-of-10 for 123 yards and two touchdowns, but after reviewing film of the game Zorn wants to see fewer passes put up for grabs. "He has to become a more disciplined quarterback, and not risk as much as he risked in the game," Zorn said, while praising Brennan's exuberance and flair.

On defense Zorn pointed to the big plays made by rookie DE Rob Jackson and S Chris Horton. Tight end Fred Davis (second round) was credited with playing tough and quickly turning upfield after his receptions.

"I was very pleased with way he handled some things one-on-one," said Zorn, who had watched the offensive film twice but the defensive film only once before meeting with the media.

Rookie Durant Brooks did not appear overwhelmed with the pressure. "There were no shanks, which I was happy about," Zorn said.

Rookie offensive lineman Chad Rinehart may have been the best of the bunch, filling in at two positions (the Redskins lost tackles Todd Wade and Stephon Heyer to minor injuries during the game).

"He will be a factor this year with a guy who can play both positions (tackle and guard)," Zorn said. "We wish we could keep him at one, but for a rookie to come in and be able to play both those positions and do decently, we're pretty excited about that."

...

Zorn admitted he was caught by surprise when the Colts opened the game with an onside kick, but his special teams unit was not. After the game, special teams coach Danny Smith told Zorn he had prepared his players, knowing the Colts had attempted an onside kick in the same situation against a rookie coach in the past.

Zorn, who knows Smith well dating back to their time together on Detroit's staff, thanked him yesterday. The Redskins reacted well to the short kick, with Horton pouncing on the loose ball after special teams stalwart Khary Campbell failed to initially secure it.

"He got his guys ready for that particular possibility, and it happened," Zorn said. "I had nothing to do with that preparation. I did not warn Danny, 'Hey, I'm a rookie head coach, they may do this to me.' I'm ready to call plays."

...

Zorn, who drew some criticism for incorrectly referring to the Redskins' colors as "maroon and black," during his introductory press conference in February, made a point of inserting "burgundy" into his remarks yesterday when commenting on the immense fan presence in Canton for Hall of Fame weekend. "It was like having a home game," Zorn said. "There was a lot of BURGUNDY in the audience."

...

Under former Coach Joe Gibbs, the team would give awards after victories, with several players getting parking spots near the entrance to Redskins Park as well. Zorn said the club will be more judicious about the process now, having one award for offense, defense and special teams, and shuffling the parking spaces each week. "We won't be enshrining them for having one good game," Zorn said.

By Jason La Canfora  |  August 4, 2008; 3:09 PM ET
Categories:  Jason La Canfora Share This:  E-Mail | Technorati | Del.icio.us | Digg | Stumble Previous: Malcolm Kelly Might Get Scoped
Next: Blog to Undergo Renovation

Add Redskins Insider to Your Site
Be the first to know when there's a new installment of Redskins Insider! This widget is easy to add to your Web site, and it will update every time there's a new entry.
Get This Widget >>

Comments

COMMANDO!

Posted by: Anonymous | August 4, 2008 3:13 PM | Report abuse

first damn near

Posted by: wstclair | August 4, 2008 3:16 PM | Report abuse

Injuries to the WRs concern me, including Mix. Hopefully one of these dudes can line up on the edge with Moss and let ARE shine in the slot.

I think MOss/ArE are going to have good years but we need other legit contributers at WR as well..

I have been saying this since last year, but now with Davis it makes more sense, we should do what the colts do and line cooley up at the slot with yoder/davis/sellers at the traditional TE position. Imagine throwing moss/Are on the wings, cooley in the slot, Portis/Betts with Davis/sellers/yoder blocking or getting a short dump. That would cause some problems and the underneath stuff (to anyone of them) would be available all day.

Posted by: chris LARRY | August 4, 2008 3:16 PM | Report abuse

nuts

Posted by: Anonymous | August 4, 2008 3:18 PM | Report abuse

still say 1-15. The curse of JKC!

Posted by: Dannies Boyz | August 4, 2008 3:19 PM | Report abuse

huh!-huh!-huh!

am...I...first?

Posted by: Anonymous | August 4, 2008 3:19 PM | Report abuse

I was probably most impressed by the play of Horton. If he continues at this pace, he should definitely have a spot on the team.

Posted by: Gut Check | August 4, 2008 3:19 PM | Report abuse

Lets see if he makes the team out of camp. I mean surely this would be an idicator of how good this guy is right?

Posted by: Greg | August 4, 2008 3:11 PM

We'll see. The team kept 4 RBs a couple years ago (Portis, Betts, Rock, Duckett), I don't see why they would purposefully avoid that this year. IMO, he was one of the few "fringe" guys who truly stood out - so I think he has a decent shot at making the team.

Also, Rock was in and playing the whole game, yet Mason was the guy who received the bulk of the carries. I don't know whether that was because they wanted to rest Rock, but I can surely say that Mason took advantage of his opportunity.

Posted by: psps23 | August 4, 2008 3:20 PM | Report abuse

Good stuff from the new head coach. Win or Lose, you got to like the fact there wasn't a ton of penalties. I love Coach Joe, but the number of penalties during his second tenure was ridiculous.

Posted by: BT | August 4, 2008 3:21 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Greg | August 4, 2008 3:11 PM

Agreed! By the same token, let's see if he does not make the team before we say how he is not NFL material.

Posted by: | August 4, 2008 3:17 PM

Posted by: Anonymous | August 4, 2008 3:21 PM | Report abuse

CL, I have thought that the Skins underused Portis and Betts as receivers and posted a bunch on that. Towards the end of last season, saw more of that and it usually worked.

Nice to see Zorn has one of the team colors down. Now if we can get him to go from yellow to gold, our work is done.

Posted by: AL Zeke etc | August 4, 2008 3:24 PM | Report abuse

On the penalties front, I recall seeing a very blatant hold on one play and no flag (and I didn't watch that much of the game).

I'm guessing the refs decided before the game not to drop the flag unless it was pretty obvious.

While its good to see few penalties, I'm not sure the teams were quite as good as it appeared on that front.

Posted by: AL Zeke etc | August 4, 2008 3:28 PM | Report abuse

Injuries to the WRs concern me.

Posted by: chris LARRY | August 4, 2008 3:16 PM

We have our winner!

Posted by: Something we can all agree on! Now what? | August 4, 2008 3:29 PM | Report abuse

Cooley and Dallas Clarke are basically the same player, so I just love the possibility of stealing the Clark in slot formation. The Colts run it to perfection. I just think with our depth with TE/Hback and the ability of our RBs to catch and run this formation could work wonders. And should help to compensate for lack of depth (now due to injury not bodies) at WR.

Posted by: chris LARRY | August 4, 2008 3:29 PM | Report abuse

something we can.....I thought I also provided an idea on the now what....

Posted by: chris LARRY | August 4, 2008 3:31 PM | Report abuse

Yo, all-- I'm back.
Definitely loved what I saw last night-- the first offensive drive was stellar and gives me lots of hope for what's in store this year.

Big props to Marcus Mason, who again was awesome. Colt Brennan-- impressive start. I thought Rinehart was a beast on the line, though Heyer got all kinds of shoved around (and he still has that pear-body going). Gotta love the tenacity of Horton and some of the other youngins. I was a little concerned about the D's performance (yeah, yeah... preseason, blah blah), but I thought all of the Os clicked well.

HAIL.

Posted by: TDawg | August 4, 2008 3:36 PM | Report abuse

ALL HAIL ZORN

Posted by: Alex35332 | August 4, 2008 3:38 PM | Report abuse

I'm back in the States after being overseas for a few years. Plan on getting DirecTV with NFL Sunday Ticket, but I have a question about HD. Watching some games on HD at my Dad's house, it seems like the background crowd noise drowns out the announcers and you can't hear what they're saying. Has anyone else experienced it? Is it an HD issue? Any recommendations on HD or not? Thanks.

Posted by: RITCA | August 4, 2008 3:38 PM | Report abuse

I thought Mason played well yesterday, but dude was running against dudes who most likely won't make the team. I like Mason, but there is a reason why he's been on the practice squad since last season, although I think if the Skins don't sign him this season, he'll sign elsewhere.

Posted by: Red of the DMV | August 4, 2008 3:40 PM | Report abuse

It may be preseason, it may not count for squat. But it sure feels good to win!

Posted by: Anonymous | August 4, 2008 3:41 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: RITCA | August 4, 2008 3:38 PM

Really? I've had the opposite experience. I've always thought the HD feed drowns out the crowd noise to make the announcers more clear. I can't stand it. I want the crowd so loud on the TV that it makes it seem like I'm at the game. That's always been my beef with HD games.

Posted by: psps23 | August 4, 2008 3:41 PM | Report abuse

So what can we take from this weekend? Not much. A defense without Landry, Griffin, Taylor, Carter or Fletcher. Not much to learn on that front.

An offense that had 2 series against a defense that left some of its top talent on the sideline. One series for a TD, another that get derailed by a sack. Not much meat there.

For me, the one thing from this weekend I'll always remember ... Art Monk at the podium, waiting to speak. Redskins fans ... you get straight tens from the judges for that great moment

Posted by: AL Zeke etc | August 4, 2008 3:46 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: RITCA | August 4, 2008 3:38 PM

Posted by: psps23 | August 4, 2008 3:41 PM
===========

The solution: put your TVs together and you'll have the perfect balance.

Posted by: Anonymous | August 4, 2008 3:46 PM | Report abuse

RITCA

My bro in law has an HD TV that does that on certain movie channels. Dialog is hard to hear but sound effects really loud.

Does he have a speaker system hooked up via the tuner or was it coming from the TV. Also, did you/he notice on other channels?

It may be the settings of the TV, or just the channel. But personally, my father in law and myself had Sunday Ticket had none of those problems. It may be the TV.

Posted by: Zebra | August 4, 2008 3:47 PM | Report abuse

The Youngings were generally impressive, but Justin Tryon was straight Garbage last night. A couple good tackles, but just god awful in coverage.

Posted by: Anonymous | August 4, 2008 3:47 PM | Report abuse

that sack Jansen was beaten badly. better fix that up, and quick

Posted by: Anonymous | August 4, 2008 3:50 PM | Report abuse

Anon, same for Westbrook. It gives me no solace that he mimics his brother for our Defense to practice against.

Posted by: Zebra | August 4, 2008 3:50 PM | Report abuse

Zebra,

That's what I was thinking (that it was the TV). He's not hooked up to a tuner and it just seems to be only during sporting events. Thanks.

Posted by: RITCA | August 4, 2008 3:51 PM | Report abuse

Mason is a good practice squad player. I don't see him making this team, unless the team keeps 4 rb's. Portis, Betts, Rock, are locks, with Sellers as the lone FB. If the team hadn't signed Rock, then I'd be all for it, but having inked him to a 3 year deal makes Mason obsolete.

I mean, can you see Mason making this team?

Posted by: Greg | August 4, 2008 2:31 PM

Greg - Why continue to hate on MAson? Ryan Grant was on the practice squad before as well and no one picked him up.....

Mason is good. Trade Ladell for a 4th and BOOM, you have a roster spot......

Posted by: 4th | August 4, 2008 3:52 PM | Report abuse

I'm back!!!! Did you miss me? I know you did cL...lol

Posted by: The Tooth | August 4, 2008 3:53 PM | Report abuse

excellent game for a first pre-season. i used to listen to riggins on espn radio. now they have thompson.. is there another sports radio station in dc area that i can pick up on my computer. down here in tenn, i don't get much skins news.

by the way, thank you to all the ri nation that went to hall of fame ceremonies. the send off to ART MONK was fantabulous.

any help on radio stations would be greatly appreciated.

Posted by: hpytrkr | August 4, 2008 3:53 PM | Report abuse

One of my fave plays last night was Leigh Torrence, who I really like, blowing up a dude to prevent a first down catch on third down....

Those are the kind of plays that win games...

Posted by: chris LARRY | August 4, 2008 3:53 PM | Report abuse

Redcoat -

Tuesday, September 2nd would be a great day to have the draft......

Posted by: 4th | August 4, 2008 3:54 PM | Report abuse

Didn't we already have a draft? 3 second round picks if I remember correctly.

Posted by: The Tooth | August 4, 2008 3:55 PM | Report abuse

So how many games does everyone think that Spurrier is going to win at South Carolina this year?

Note: I don't really care. Just wanted to say GO COCKS!

Posted by: Go Cocks! | August 4, 2008 3:57 PM | Report abuse

Mason is good. Trade Ladell for a 4th and BOOM, you have a roster spot......

Posted by: 4th | August 4, 2008 3:52 PM

4th, you read my mind. but vinny doesn't make those kinds of moves. he's always the one giving up picks during the year. there was no reason to bring in TJ.

Posted by: dealer | August 4, 2008 3:57 PM | Report abuse

Don't be a fool, you don't traid Ladell untill Mason can prove over the course of a few true games that he can be the guy. Hold onto betts, use all three backups to spell CP and if Mason and Rock can prove that they are able, then look at trade options. + by weeks 3-6 starters start going down.

Posted by: Alex35332 | August 4, 2008 3:58 PM | Report abuse

F Spurrier

Posted by: chris LARRY | August 4, 2008 3:59 PM | Report abuse

The HDTV/sound issue is prevalent on Fox, who seem to amp up the sideline microphones for big games and probably augment it with piped in crowd noise.

Make sure your surround settings are set properly. I just got the new Samsung soundbar and will probably spend this coming weekend tuning it.

Of course, I also mute the sound for most games (though I do keep it on for any game Tim Ryan does...love that guy).

Posted by: P Diddy | August 4, 2008 3:59 PM | Report abuse

Trade Colt Brennan for Brett Favre. They're basically the same player, only 14 years apart. Plus GB could then sit Brennan for a year or two to see how Rodgers pans out.

Posted by: dealer | August 4, 2008 4:01 PM | Report abuse

cl, wtf?!

Posted by: dealer | August 4, 2008 4:01 PM | Report abuse

and colt looked great, trade campbell for a 2nd. and horton had 2 sacks, trade laron for a 1st. and rob jackson had a sack, trade jason taylor for a 2nd. jeez people

Posted by: Anonymous | August 4, 2008 4:02 PM | Report abuse

The Truth says the Gamecocks got a beatdown coming to them on the 13th in Columbia and The Truth will be there!

Posted by: The Truth | August 4, 2008 4:03 PM | Report abuse

Now listen here young man, don't be using those profane alphabet letters in here. Why don't we just go out back and play some pitch and catch?

Posted by: The Ol' Ball Coach | August 4, 2008 4:04 PM | Report abuse

Diddy,

Thanks for the input. Now that I think of it, most of the games I saw were on Fox. I hadn't heard of the Samsung sound bar. I'll have to check into it.

Posted by: RITCA | August 4, 2008 4:06 PM | Report abuse

dealer, you're mistakenly using caps.

Posted by: dealer | August 4, 2008 4:07 PM | Report abuse

Was it me or did they just seem better than years past? Did they just look smarter and seem to be playing faster? I don't mean to put too much into a pre-season game with a bunch of starters missing. They just seemed focused - although I did many of the same issues from the 06 defense - getting off the field on third down.

Posted by: ssh1549 | August 4, 2008 4:07 PM | Report abuse

When was the last time, seriously, that the RI's pooped in their pants? On purpose or accidentially.

Posted by: Anonymous | August 4, 2008 4:08 PM | Report abuse

We were hoping that Malcolm Kelly would be out at least 4 months.

Posted by: mike | August 4, 2008 4:09 PM | Report abuse

also you have to be pretty insane to impersonate me.

Posted by: dealer | August 4, 2008 4:09 PM | Report abuse

RITCA--

What does RITCA mean?

Posted by: Confounded | August 4, 2008 4:10 PM | Report abuse

Lets see this logic here.

RB is currently a position of strength. The plan is to trade Betts, who is a proven every down back, for a 4th round pick, and suddenly you've made a position of strength, now a position of weakness, based on, as stated above, a 'few games'.

Good call. I like it.

All because Mason was better than the Colts camp fodder.

Posted by: Greg | August 4, 2008 4:11 PM | Report abuse

CL,

I'm with you on the 2 TE Sets. If both Sleepy and Cooley can play in the slot or split wide then we can keep the same Personnel in but at times give them Jumbo, 3 and 4 wide sets. Do they throw an extra CB in there? If so we go jumbo and run it down there throats. If they decide to stop the run then it's Cooley and Davis on a safety/OLB. Ones getting open.

Posted by: Skinz | August 4, 2008 4:11 PM | Report abuse

Trade Dealer for any Anon

Posted by: Great One | August 4, 2008 4:12 PM | Report abuse

Diddy,

Don't think my dad is going to shell out over $500 for a speaker, but thanks anyway.

Posted by: RITCA | August 4, 2008 4:12 PM | Report abuse

Confounded,

It's from one of my posts the other day, when it was a regular vs. anon battle day. RITCA stands for Redskin Insider That Chooses Anononimity.

That way I can have a screen name (and hopefully become a regular) but still remain anonymous.

Posted by: RITCA | August 4, 2008 4:16 PM | Report abuse

The Truth has done what RITCA is striving to do. The Truth is proud to represent his fellow anonymous posters!

Posted by: The Truth | August 4, 2008 4:17 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: | August 4, 2008 4:08 PM
Funny story

(Please skip story if you don't want to read something with an eww factor)

Okay... That everyone?

So when I was in college up in Philly, I went to a "retreat" with a bunch of other hippie types to Newark NJ, to a nice park to play kickball and frisbee.

While there I was quite hot and I went to a water fountan to get a drink. As soon as I gulped my first gulp one friend shouted. "Alex stop!!! That water comes out of the river!!!" So I stoped immedatly. The next day I am at work, I bend over to pick somthing up and sh** myself. I then had vicious dierehia the next three weeks.

Posted by: Alex35332 | August 4, 2008 4:19 PM | Report abuse

RITCA,

Thanks. Do you think you won or lost that anon/regular battle? I'm thinking that in this case maybe both sides are declaring victory?

Posted by: Confounded | August 4, 2008 4:19 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: The Truth | August 4, 2008 4:17 PM

I've already told you, you are the biggest regular. You post more than the blowhard Nate, the bowhard Skinz and the blowhard Chris Larry combined.

Posted by: Anonymous | August 4, 2008 4:21 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: | August 4, 2008 4:08 PM

Last Sat. night, you? Oh, and it was accidental

Posted by: Anonymous | August 4, 2008 4:22 PM | Report abuse

The Truth highfives his fellow anonymous poster and says "All according to plan" with a sly wink.

The Truth is one cool dude.

Posted by: The Truth | August 4, 2008 4:23 PM | Report abuse

Oh, good grief, Alex.

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | August 4, 2008 4:24 PM | Report abuse

dam, I better step up my game then....

Posted by: blowhard Chris Larry | August 4, 2008 4:25 PM | Report abuse

Confounded,

It was only a preseason battle, so it doesn't matter who won.

In reality, I guess the regulars won since I do have a name that I post under (since you seem to get more credibility that way).

However, I'm still anonymous.

If Zebra were keeping score, I'd guess he'd call it a push.

Posted by: RITCA | August 4, 2008 4:26 PM | Report abuse

I agree with ANON, Truth your more regular than my colon on an all bran diet....

Posted by: chris LARRY | August 4, 2008 4:27 PM | Report abuse

The Truth is one cool dude.

Posted by: The Truth | August 4, 2008 4:23 PM

Sweet dude however you wanna run it. Denial aint just a river in Egypt.

Posted by: Anonymous | August 4, 2008 4:27 PM | Report abuse

dealer,

Did you ever get a chance to read my comparison of Snyder and Cooke in the other blog today? If so, what did you think.

Posted by: RITCA | August 4, 2008 4:29 PM | Report abuse

I'm a "bowhard"? Not sure if that's better or worse than a blow hard.

Posted by: Skinz | August 4, 2008 4:29 PM | Report abuse

Alex35332, I know it's juvenile, put that made me LOL!

Posted by: Not Anon (eh--getting tired of typing "Anonymous") | August 4, 2008 4:31 PM | Report abuse

when i grow up i wanna be just like The Truth!

Posted by: The Tooth | August 4, 2008 4:32 PM | Report abuse

I should say "but" that made me...

Posted by: Anonymous | August 4, 2008 4:32 PM | Report abuse

I assume I was supposed to take umbrage at being characterized as a blowhard, anon at 4:21pm. But I do not. Sorry for letting you down, again, dude.

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | August 4, 2008 4:34 PM | Report abuse

Nads in the PDX

Posted by: Anonymous | August 4, 2008 4:35 PM | Report abuse

I actually like the name... "eh..getting tired....." and I am sure you wanted my approval

Jack and Coke are two words synonymous with the Shart... dont know if that qualifies... but trying to push out a fart after a full day of Drinking and eating crabs is a BAD IDEA!!!

Posted by: Zebra | August 4, 2008 4:35 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Greg | August 4, 2008 4:11 PM

I don't really get this obsession with determining a player is only good solely based on his performing in the past. Let me guess, in 2006 Betts was no more than a situational guy before Portis got hurt, am I right? Then Portis got hurt, and BOOM, Betts magically became every-down caliber. Is this how you saw it? It must have been.

I personally wouldn't consider RB a "position of weakness" if Ladell were to be traded. Just as I didn't consider TE a "position of weakness" before drafting Fred Davis. You've got the guy who'll get most of the carries right in front of you - Clinton Portis. He's better in every aspect of the game. Betts may be a proven every-down back, but that doesn't do much good sitting on the bench. And just because Mason hasn't been given the opportunity to prove himself does NOT mean that he isn't NFL caliber.

Posted by: Anonymous | August 4, 2008 4:37 PM | Report abuse

i knew a girl in portland once. her name was Nate.

Posted by: Anonymous | August 4, 2008 4:38 PM | Report abuse

Haha look all three of you blowhards couldn't resist posting a response. Pathetic.

P.S. UGA is awful. Why don't you leave now The Truth and never post on here with us "Losers" again.

Posted by: Anonymous | August 4, 2008 4:38 PM | Report abuse

now who's being a blow hard with all of these posts?

Posted by: Anonymous | August 4, 2008 4:41 PM | Report abuse

And that will be my parting thought for the day

Posted by: Zebra | August 4, 2008 4:42 PM | Report abuse

Beep

Posted by: Zebra | August 4, 2008 4:43 PM | Report abuse

The Truth wonders aloud if he has a home? The Truth is spit on by the "regulars" and now The Truth's very own "anons" have insulted him and shunned The Truth.

A single tear forms in the corner of The Truth's eye.

Posted by: The Truth | August 4, 2008 4:47 PM | Report abuse

Also, The Truth asks if the next preseason game for The Redskins is this Saturday? The Truth asks if it will be televised nationally???

Posted by: The Truth | August 4, 2008 4:50 PM | Report abuse

The Truth, the game is against the Bills and is televised nationally, live on NFL Network. 7pm EDT Saturday.

Posted by: P Diddy | August 4, 2008 4:55 PM | Report abuse

A little miffed that our two high draft picks(wideouts) are hurt, first off Devin Thomas should have never pulled a hammy,proper conditioning of the hamstring muscle would have prevented that from happening(proper stretching and reps on the machine before training camp!!)As far as Kelly is concerned who scouted this guy? Ray Charles, hurt,already requiring a scope not good, not good at all Zorn's scheme is not something you learn overnight and these guy's need as much "time" as possible here's hoping they get well soon.

Posted by: dargregmag@aol.com | August 4, 2008 4:56 PM | Report abuse

Boy, whenever I see "Dr. James Andrews", that's seldom good news. Sure hope this Kelly pick isn't Michael Westbrook 2.0...

I was watching NFL Live a while ago. Brett f-ing Favre for 22 minutes and a short highlight on the Skins game last night. No analysis, just a minute and a half highlight. What a joke; the first preseason game of the 2008 season is played, and the chumps at ESPN would rather waste a 5 minute segment on Role Play between Wiley and Golic pretending to be Favre and Rodgers before the game even gets a mention. ESPN isn't the "Worldwide Leader in Sports" anymore. They're just "Access Hollywood" for sports...

Posted by: brownwood26 | August 4, 2008 4:58 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: RITCA | August 4, 2008 3:38 PM

Posted by: psps23 | August 4, 2008 3:41 PM
===========

The solution: put your TVs together and you'll have the perfect balance.

Posted by: | August 4, 2008 3:46 PM

RITCA

Posted by: Zebra | August 4, 2008 3:47 PM

I am an audio engineer by trade so hear is my thoughts...All these issues point to compression. Most Surround receivers have a bulit in preset compressor. If you have this...set it to low..That will solve the loud action and quiet talking. The other issues are because its set too high..and you are hearing the sound drop and come back.

Posted by: Leevi | August 4, 2008 8:38 PM | Report abuse