An Upset Wouldn't Be Such an Upset

A buddy of mine from college is a huge Redskins fan. He's one of these guys who is an expert on everything, which is funny because he's usually wrong about most things.

The other day, we were talking about today's Redskins-Giants game. He's sure the Giants will win easily because of their defensive line, which is second to none in the league, and the problems the Redskins had scoring last season.

He wasn't interested in hearing what I had to say about the potential impact of second-year wide receiver Malcolm Kelly on the offense, or quarterback Jason Campbell having another year of experience in his key role. As for head coach and play-caller Jim Zorn being more comfortable in the job, forget about it. As a long-suffering Redskins fan, he just wasn't buying any of what I said.

I sensed a similar level of pessimism in many questions I received during an online chat with fans Friday. I get it. Many of you are way down on owner Daniel Snyder and Vinny Cerrato, Washington's executive vice president, for a lot of reasons, but I really believe the Redskins have a good chance to win this game.

In Justin Tuck, Osi Umenyiora and Mathias Kiwanuka, the Giants have the league's top trio of defensive ends. New York lured talented end/tackle Chris Canty from Dallas in the offseason, adding another big guy with big-play potential.

As always, this group poses the biggest challenge for the Redskins. If you only consider the matchup between the Redskins' O line and the Giants' D line, well, there's really no reason to play this game.

The Redskins' first-team line was surprisingly effective in pass protection during the preseason - but this is not the preseason. Although I expect the Giants to apply consistent pressure on Campbell, I think Campbell can make plays in the passing game because he has more weapons this season.

Kelly and Devin Thomas contributed little in their rookie seaosns. Kelly showed a lot in the preseason and could be a major factor today in the intermediate passing game. And if the Redskins reach the red zone often today, having a big target on the field such as Kelly (he's listed at 6-feet-4, 227 pounds) could open things for Pro Bowl tight end Chris Cooley.

Thomas hasn't fully gained the coaches' trust because he still exhibts immaturity, but Zorn must attempt to utilize him today in an effort to coutneract the Giants' pass rush. With Kelly and Thomas on the outside and top wideout Santana Moss possibly working in the slot against Giants linebackers occasionally, the Redskins could make some plays, move the ball and produce some points.

In addition, Giants starting cornerback Aaron Ross is expected to sit out because of a hamstring injury. Terrell Thomas is a Trojan, so you know the guy can play, but he would be making only his third career start. The Redskins have to spread out, put pressure on the Giants' linebackers with Moss and Randle El in the slot and test Thomas.

Running backs Clinton Portis or Ladell Betts might not have impressive statistics against such a formidable defense. But the Redskins must try to develop a pass-run balance, at least early on, to take some of the pressure off of Campbell to do it all.

On defense, owner Daniel Snyder is eager to see the early returns on the $115 million investment he made in Pro Bowl defensive takle Albert Haynesworth. This is the type of game in which Haynesworth could really earn his money because the Giants' offensive line is a top-notch bunch, too.

Even when the Redskins put eight in the box at times last season against them, the Giants made plays in the running game because of their skilled line and the power of 260-pound back Brandon Jacobs. Right guard Chris Snee is one of the best in the business. Snee and center Shaun O'Hara figure to be busy double-teaming Haynesworth - but Haynesworth must win his share to help the Redskins slow down Jacobs.

Count on middle linebacker London Fletcher to be as steady as usual, and weak-side linebacker Rocky McIntosh has been around for a while now. However, I'm not sure what to expect from rookie defensive end/strong-side linebacker Brian Orakpo.

It's clear Orakpo has big-time talent, and he displayed his pass-rush skills in the preseason, but he's only learning to play linebacker. Not surprisingly, he has made mistakes in coverage indicative of someone not entirely comfortable playing in space. It would be surprising if quarterback Eli Manning and tight end Kevin Boss did not test Orakpo often from the outset.

His lingering calf injury behind him, at least for now, cornerback Carlos Rogers will start. DeAngelo Hall is a playmaker, but to me, Rogers is the Redskins' top cover corner. Manning no longer has Plaxico Burress and Amani Toomer. I don't care how the Giants try to spin it about their new receiving corps, I don't believe this group will be as effective with those two standouts gone from the lineup.

So, what does this all mean? I really believe the Redskins have a chance to start the season with a huge road victory. Obviously, the line has to give Campbell time and he has to make correct decisions. Kelly must continue to make strides and Haynesworth has to be the guy who often was unblockable while he was with the Titans. I know that's a whole lot to break right for the Redskins, but I hope it does.

I really don't want to hear my boy's mouth.

By Jason Reid  |  September 13, 2009; 12:33 PM ET
Categories:  Jason Reid
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: A Gameday Look at Power Blocking, Matchups
Next: Redskins' Inactives

Comments

HAIL!!!

Posted by: SkinsfaninKaneohe | September 13, 2009 12:53 PM | Report abuse

Aloha and Good AM. I'm LOVING that the Redskins are flying under the national radar and everybody is totally blowing the Giants and Eagles. Shawn Andrews is still in Philly...he won't play. Could get real sporty for Westbrook and Donovan. Who is Elisha gonna throw to? Remains to be seen whether one of the seven on their roster can step up and strike fear in a defense.

I really think the Redskins have addressed and improved the 3 areas that were holding them back last year: Dline, WR, and of course Oline.

Dline additions: Haynesworth, Philip Daniels, and this kid Jarmon. Great move there Vinny. This Dline is by all accounts better than last year, and I haven't even mentioned one Mr Orakpo. I think they will a) bring the heat and stuff the run, and b) have the depth to rotate for freshness and schemes.

WR: I look for MK12 to be a break out young star this year. He is healthy and along with DT11 give JC17 credible red zone targets with athleticism and size. ARE goes to the slot where he has always belonged.

Oline: Needs to stay healthy, but is better across the starting 5 than any unit containing the aging warriors Kendall and Jansen. Depth is still a concern, but is also improved albeit it slightly.

Lets get it on... Really looking forward to this Giants game to see if my theses can be proven. I am very quietly optimistic... I think many are overlooking the improvements the Redskins have made. We'll see...and that's why they play the games.

HAIL.

Posted by: SkinsfaninKaneohe | September 13, 2009 12:55 PM | Report abuse

Much better and refreshing post JReid!

However, I will take Blache's opinion on Orakpo. Not worried.

Skins 31, ginas 16

HAIL!!

Posted by: Curzon417 | September 13, 2009 1:00 PM | Report abuse

"He's one of these guys who is an expert on everything, which is funny because he's usually wrong about most things."

Sounds like a few people up here.

Posted by: Dorf | September 13, 2009 1:05 PM | Report abuse

Hi Dorf!

Posted by: Cindy Boren | September 13, 2009 1:06 PM | Report abuse

Oh and F the cowgirls!

Posted by: Curzon417 | September 13, 2009 1:07 PM | Report abuse

Well, sure. Rogers is the top covering Redskins corner with the Manos de Piedra.

Hall is their top covering corner who can make interceptions.

It's all good.
~

Posted by: ifthethunderdontgetya | September 13, 2009 1:08 PM | Report abuse

I know who your "is"....

Jason LaCanfora...the eternal pessimist!

Posted by: rickyroge | September 13, 2009 1:12 PM | Report abuse

I hate Ravens fans

Posted by: rickyroge | September 13, 2009 1:13 PM | Report abuse

Good afternoon Cindy. Glad you didn't forget me. :)

Posted by: Dorf | September 13, 2009 1:13 PM | Report abuse

I think we can do it today. I really don't think it's going to be the awfulness it was last year.

That said, I had a horrible feeling while running this morning that Big Al was going to have a season ending injury - but hope that as just a bad thought.

Posted by: suzannepdc | September 13, 2009 1:13 PM | Report abuse

Oh and Jets offense just went 3 and out. More so becuase of Dante Robinson making a great play than Sanchez not playing well.

Posted by: suzannepdc | September 13, 2009 1:15 PM | Report abuse

c'mon Suzanne!!!!!!!

Posted by: rickyroge | September 13, 2009 1:16 PM | Report abuse

Never, Dorf! Trying to decide what to watch among the early games: Cheeves-Ravens (why???), Philly-Carolina, Dallas-Tampa Bay, Indy-Jax...at the moment, I'm going with Dallas-Tampa Bay and Philly-Carolina...may switch to Indy soon, though.

Posted by: Cindy Boren | September 13, 2009 1:19 PM | Report abuse

care to make a prediction Cindy with a storyline?

Posted by: rickyroge | September 13, 2009 1:22 PM | Report abuse

I'm going to go swim some laps, than come back all set for the Skins.
~

Posted by: ifthethunderdontgetya | September 13, 2009 1:22 PM | Report abuse

I'm thinking positive, trust me!! I think we are going to win. Just had to get my bad feeling out, so then it has less power! :)

Carolina just scored - even with 2 stupid goalline false start penalties - in their own stadium!!

Posted by: suzannepdc | September 13, 2009 1:22 PM | Report abuse

I said in the chat Wednesday that I have an odd feeling about this early part of the season, that the Redskins might win the opener and then stumble against, oh, the Rams or Lions. Still feel that way.

Saints are up 14-0; bring in Chase Daniel.

Posted by: Cindy Boren | September 13, 2009 1:24 PM | Report abuse

JR.. drink beer not water in the NJ.. meadowlands..( hoffa run off)

If JC can stay on the field..and thus keep the Skin's D fresh in the 4th.. It could be an upset. But, past performance was with this same Skins Offensive cast last year which became "3 and out" against this Giants DLine ........ Consequently a worn out Skins D in the 4th made Jacobs look like a hot knife going through buttah....

Another question ..does 100 Million change 2-play Al into 3-play Al?

Posted by: SkinsneedaGM | September 13, 2009 1:25 PM | Report abuse

i'm picking the skins to win.

dang!!! the girls just blocked a FG

Posted by: dealer1 | September 13, 2009 1:26 PM | Report abuse

can't wait till 4!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!15!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: dealer1 | September 13, 2009 1:27 PM | Report abuse

DAL just blocked TB's FG. DET is losing 14-0 to the NOL.

Posted by: jiacinto | September 13, 2009 1:27 PM | Report abuse

levi's is my fav jeans but that was a strange commercial

Posted by: dealer1 | September 13, 2009 1:28 PM | Report abuse

I predict she switches to Indy.
Storyline? Ooookkkaayy...

"Slowly, her hand crept toward the remote. Her taut fingers fondled the Menu button as she began her search for a decent football game. Her eyes (yes, even the unpredicable left one) fell upon the IND-JAX game as her salvation."

Posted by: daggar | September 13, 2009 1:29 PM | Report abuse

ANOTHER blocked FG - by Broncos against Bengals.

Posted by: suzannepdc | September 13, 2009 1:29 PM | Report abuse

Rogers might get tested early for taking the preseason off... Watch for early shots taken at his direction..
He doesnt have his legs yet.. And the Gints D-Coords know this...
It takes about 2 games to get that speed back in the legs..
++++++++++++++++++

Hall is their top covering corner who can make interceptions.

It's all good.
~

Posted by: ifthethunderdontgetya | September 13, 2009 1:08 PM

Posted by: SkinsneedaGM | September 13, 2009 1:29 PM | Report abuse

The last time Cindy made a big-time prediction of WAS over NYG [I believe that some for of the term 'guarantee' was used] ended with four attempts from inside the five.

Posted by: daggar | September 13, 2009 1:32 PM | Report abuse

WOW, nice play by Flacco on that TD pass.

Posted by: Curzon417 | September 13, 2009 1:34 PM | Report abuse

Sanchez shoulda run it in..

Posted by: SkinsneedaGM | September 13, 2009 1:34 PM | Report abuse

Who invented the game of football?

Posted by: rickyroge | September 13, 2009 1:38 PM | Report abuse

I think it was some guy named Gore.

Posted by: Curzon417 | September 13, 2009 1:38 PM | Report abuse

BTW, love the new RedZone channel!

Posted by: Curzon417 | September 13, 2009 1:40 PM | Report abuse

Todd Collins..
++++++++++++++++++++++

Who invented the game of football?

Posted by: rickyroge | September 13, 2009 1:38 PM

Posted by: SkinsneedaGM | September 13, 2009 1:40 PM | Report abuse

Flacco looked like Ben on that TD pass. Just running around till something opened up.

Posted by: will_ga | September 13, 2009 1:40 PM | Report abuse

I thank whoever invented this game

Posted by: rickyroge | September 13, 2009 1:41 PM | Report abuse

Curzon - thanks for the reminder

Posted by: JohnDinHouston | September 13, 2009 1:41 PM | Report abuse

LOL!!! SkinsneedaGM

(rimshot)

Posted by: rickyroge | September 13, 2009 1:42 PM | Report abuse

cindy, predicting the same exact thing!

Posted by: dealer1 | September 13, 2009 1:43 PM | Report abuse

Favre looking good with the Vikes...

Posted by: SkinsneedaGM | September 13, 2009 1:43 PM | Report abuse

BTW, love the new RedZone channel!

Posted by: Curzon417 | September 13, 2009 1:40 PM | Report abuse

*****************************

Me too! But I'm too cheap to pay for it - so I gotta get as much out of it as I can today.

Posted by: suzannepdc | September 13, 2009 1:44 PM | Report abuse

DET scored a field goal. Will DET figure out how to win this year?

Posted by: jiacinto | September 13, 2009 1:45 PM | Report abuse

is there anything peyton manning doesn't pimp?

Posted by: dealer1 | September 13, 2009 1:45 PM | Report abuse

Sounds like a few people up here.

Posted by: Dorf | September 13, 2009 1:05 PM

Sing it Dorf! Some of the so-called "know-it-alls" out there are really irritating to those of us who do.

That said, Cadillac Williams is looking awesome today. But for my gambling today, I hope the Buccs punch Dallas in the mouth.

Posted by: dcsween | September 13, 2009 1:47 PM | Report abuse

wooooooooooohooooo go bucs!

Posted by: dealer1 | September 13, 2009 1:48 PM | Report abuse

Dude, Cadallic Williams looks great. Just scored a TD.

And Lions just scored a TD!!! YEA!!!! (BIL is a huge Lions fans, so gotta cheer for them when they are not playing us!)

Posted by: suzannepdc | September 13, 2009 1:49 PM | Report abuse

is there anything peyton manning doesn't pimp?

Posted by: dealer1 | September 13, 2009 1:45 PM

his brother?

NICE! Dallas is DOWN 6-7!

Posted by: dcsween | September 13, 2009 1:49 PM | Report abuse

I've got Vikes- Browns and Denver- Cincy broadcast here on Oahu...

Thankfully, Redskins Giants is supposed to be my game vice AZ- SFO.

I'll believe it when its 10:15 and I hear Joe and Troy humming the Giants.

I'm fully prepared for the dash to the bar.

I would get DirectTV, but it requires installation of TWO 4 foot diameter dishes and they have to check the sight lines to see if it will even work. Condo ass kinda frowns upon that, LOL.

Posted by: SkinsfaninKaneohe | September 13, 2009 1:49 PM | Report abuse

TB 7, Cowboys 6 ...
I'll crap a calf if the Boys lose..

Posted by: SkinsneedaGM | September 13, 2009 1:51 PM | Report abuse

Bucs have a nice one two punch with Williams and Ward.

Posted by: Curzon417 | September 13, 2009 1:51 PM | Report abuse

thats "happily"

Posted by: SkinsneedaGM | September 13, 2009 1:52 PM | Report abuse

ty sween! btw...i benched cutler to start delhome...i'm regretting that move...should've stuck with my original thought

Posted by: dealer1 | September 13, 2009 1:54 PM | Report abuse

*** FF POST ALERT ***

dealer, are you there? Your bench is doing sweet. Your starters, not so much.

*** END FF POST ***

Posted by: dcsween | September 13, 2009 1:54 PM | Report abuse

his brother?

Posted by: dcsween | September 13, 2009 1:49

Nah. He even pimps his brother in that Dish commercial.

Posted by: talent_evaluator | September 13, 2009 1:55 PM | Report abuse

DAMN!!! delohme's killing!

Posted by: dealer1 | September 13, 2009 1:56 PM | Report abuse

ugh. That Philly game is starting to go a way that I don't like.

Posted by: suzannepdc | September 13, 2009 1:56 PM | Report abuse

DET now down only 10-14 against NOL. Why do I care so much about the Lions today?

Posted by: jiacinto | September 13, 2009 1:56 PM | Report abuse

The only Barber I like, Rhonde, is having a great half.

Posted by: Curzon417 | September 13, 2009 1:56 PM | Report abuse

SkinsneedaGM ... happily? OK, I guess so. Lemme try ... poooooooped veeeeeeeal, mmmmmmmm. [Still, its still poop.]

Posted by: dcsween | September 13, 2009 1:57 PM | Report abuse

For those who can't watch ESPN FF at home. dcsween is out in front of dealer ... 38 to -4. Who knew that a kicker and a QB could rack up negative points so quickly?

Posted by: dcsween | September 13, 2009 1:59 PM | Report abuse

Apparently, Delhomme is French for "turnover"

Love this headline from Florio.

Posted by: Curzon417 | September 13, 2009 1:59 PM | Report abuse

same problem up here north of Boston, SkinsfaninKaneohe ... I'm sticking so far out into the water, I could open a casino....

Schedule says Skins at 4pm but, often its pre-empted by the Pats 5th Qtr show.. And Belicheat...arrggghh
++++++++++++++++++++
Thankfully, Redskins Giants is supposed to be my game vice AZ- SFO.

I'll believe it when its 10:15 and I hear Joe and Troy humming the Giants.

I'm fully prepared for the dash to the bar.

Posted by: SkinsfaninKaneohe | September 13, 2009 1:49 PM

Posted by: SkinsneedaGM | September 13, 2009 2:00 PM | Report abuse

dang sween, you're killing me!

Posted by: dealer1 | September 13, 2009 2:01 PM | Report abuse

*** FF POST ALERT ***

OK, I'm done gloating. The Cheeves blocked a Ravens punt and took it to the house. I lose three points.

*** END FF POST ***

Posted by: dcsween | September 13, 2009 2:02 PM | Report abuse

$$$$ DIFFERENT RI POOL ALERT $$$$

I hate spreads. That Cheeves punt block TD also dropped me 3 points in the cL pool. Hate the spread.

$$$$ END DIFFERENT RI POOL ALERT $$$$

Posted by: dcsween | September 13, 2009 2:05 PM | Report abuse

Think Carolina fans wish they had signed Mike Vick? Jake is just bad.

Posted by: will_ga | September 13, 2009 2:05 PM | Report abuse

still 7-6 bucs.....Cowboys lose to Tampa Bay.. I will HAPPILY crap a calf.. Contractions are getting closer together and I am starting my breathing exercises...
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Posted by: dcsween | September 13, 2009 1:57 PM

Posted by: SkinsneedaGM | September 13, 2009 2:05 PM | Report abuse

PHL seems to be pulling away against CAR.

Posted by: jiacinto | September 13, 2009 2:06 PM | Report abuse

Leftwich slow, inaccurate. Thank goodness for the running game.

Posted by: will_ga | September 13, 2009 2:09 PM | Report abuse

Sanchez 121 passing yards so far.. Just pitched a 30 yard TD.
Hope JC is motivated by this... ?? Jets game must be on in Giants stadium..

Posted by: SkinsneedaGM | September 13, 2009 2:12 PM | Report abuse

What is going on with this Jets game? Are the Jets looking good or the Texans looking bad? Is the Texans DL not able to get to Sanchez?

Posted by: dcsween | September 13, 2009 2:20 PM | Report abuse

Steve Slaton had a really bad turnover that eventually led to one Jets TD, so that's part of it.

Posted by: suzannepdc | September 13, 2009 2:23 PM | Report abuse

suzanne, thx, that game is one that I need to have the Texans win.

Posted by: dcsween | September 13, 2009 2:25 PM | Report abuse

I am so tired of reading speculation about the redskins...LET'S PLAY SO FOOTBALL!

Posted by: BMACattack | September 13, 2009 2:36 PM | Report abuse

^SOME FOOTBALL. I am too excited :)

Posted by: BMACattack | September 13, 2009 2:37 PM | Report abuse

Sween, right now, it does not look good - Sanchez keeps beating the Texans on third downs; fights off the pressure and finds the open man..

Posted by: JohnDinHouston | September 13, 2009 2:39 PM | Report abuse

I agree with Howie and Strahgap, Tampa Bay is looking much tougher than I expected they would look.

Posted by: dcsween | September 13, 2009 2:40 PM | Report abuse

OK, time to let us know who is in-active.

Posted by: Curzon417 | September 13, 2009 2:42 PM | Report abuse

thx. So Texans will not be able to pull this out for me. I also see that Carolina is not going to be able to pull one out over Philly ... I do think that Tampa Bay has Dallas on their heels. That Miles Austin catch/TD will make the stats look much better for Dallas than they actually are.

Posted by: dcsween | September 13, 2009 2:43 PM | Report abuse

Hail to the Redskins! Hail Victory! Braves on the Warpath! Fight for old D.C.! Run or pass and score -- we want a lot more! Beat 'em, Swamp 'em, Touchdown! -- Let the points soar! Fight on, fight on 'Til you have won Sons of Wash-ing-t...on. Rah!, Rah!, Rah! Hail to the Redskins! Hail Victory! Braves on the Warpath! Fight for old D.C.!Read More

HAIL YEA BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: Notorious_LMG | September 13, 2009 2:45 PM | Report abuse

Sween, then you also have to deal with Matt Schaub, who is totally not the QB of the future. Sanchez had a nice 30 yd. TD and has been playing pretty well. And Houston's defense just let them march down the field to score.

Trying to become a Houston fan since I'm here now, but it's not been easy.

Posted by: suzannepdc | September 13, 2009 2:48 PM | Report abuse

Holy Crap! KC is winning!

Posted by: suzannepdc | September 13, 2009 2:52 PM | Report abuse

Sanchez is making Dan's efforts at acquiring him this winter look warranted... Hope JC lights it up in anger.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Trying to become a Houston fan since I'm here now, but it's not been easy.

Posted by: suzannepdc | September 13, 2009 2:48 PM

Posted by: SkinsneedaGM | September 13, 2009 2:52 PM | Report abuse

Nice, LMG. Did you do that from memory or did you have to look it up?

Where's Cork about now? If he does it from memory it will include the original lyrics, "Scalp 'em, swamp 'em -- We will take 'em big score / Read 'em, weep 'em, touchdown! -- We want heap more!" and "Fight for old Dixie."

Posted by: talent_evaluator | September 13, 2009 2:52 PM | Report abuse

dang sween, you're killing me!

Posted by: dealer1 | September 13, 2009 2:01 PM

You should have started Brady Quinn. (Winking emoticon)

Posted by: learnedhand1 | September 13, 2009 2:55 PM | Report abuse

beeps

Inactives are up. I'm not inactive. Phew.

Posted by: talent_evaluator | September 13, 2009 2:56 PM | Report abuse

Good post. Yep, the defense should be great. Minus Springs, plus Hayesworth is a good trade. Kelly is addition without subtraction (cash, players, picks). Dockery is a step up from Kendall, even if Portis said Dock couldn't pull during Dock's first stint.

And if you've got a thin o-line, why not start against the Giants when you're at full strength? Great timing.

"As a long-suffering Redskins fan, he just wasn't buying any of what I said."

You know, the Skins have finally lowered my expectations from going deep into the playoffs to 8-8, but I'm just suspicious enough to think there's a chance -- just a chance -- that this season's weak schedule could turn into something better.

Posted by: WorstSeat | September 13, 2009 3:00 PM | Report abuse

HELP HELP HELP

HOW CAN YOU WATCH THE GAME ON YOUR COMPUTER (OR IPHONE)

HELP

Posted by: peaceful2008 | September 13, 2009 3:05 PM | Report abuse

TE, I'm too lazy to type that...good old copy/paste job, although I'd like to think I'd get it right.

We need to be competitive today. I wanna win of course, but we cannot afford to be totally outclassed. If we hang with them, win or lose, theat will be a positive sign that we can contend this year. With their thin secondary, I'm looking for 'Tana, Kelly and COooooooley to make a difference. Let's see what we got men and women!!

HAIL

Posted by: Notorious_LMG | September 13, 2009 3:07 PM | Report abuse

Alright Andre. Dang Osi.

Posted by: chavez66 | September 13, 2009 5:21 PM | Report abuse

Alright Andre. Dang Osi.

Posted by: chavez66 | September 13, 2009 5:21 PM | Report abuse

Two straight turnovers during promising drives. Despite the score it is still something of a shift in momentum. Betts and Randel El seem to cement the thought with a pair of long plays.

Posted by: chavez66 | September 13, 2009 5:31 PM | Report abuse

Sweet... Gosh he looked like he was running in a wade pool. That whole Derick Brooks thing had me lammenting why Randel El wasn't the holder. But then who would be surprised as Hunter was?

Posted by: chavez66 | September 13, 2009 5:38 PM | Report abuse