At Midweek, Zorn Is Medium

Coach Jim Zorn has done a good job remaining cool - or "medium" - the last couple of weeks while continuing to answer questions about his job status.

After practice today, an ESPN reporter asked Zorn, "Given the track record here, how much do you worry about your job security?" Now, Zorn knows what's going on and I'm sure Zack Bolno briefed Zorn on what to expect this week after the Lions ended their losing streak at 19 with Sunday's victory over the Redskins.

Still, that's not the type of question you would expect Zorn to face midweek. After another loss this season? Sure. After his Monday press conferences? Okay. But not on a Wednesday.

Anyway, Zorn seemed unfazed by the question.

"None," he said in response to the question about feeling pressure. "Why would I worry about my job security? We're three games into the season. We're working to win."

By Jason Reid  |  September 30, 2009; 4:45 PM ET
Categories:  Jason Reid
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Haynesworth MRI Shows Only a Strain
Next: Rogers Says Defense Must Deliver

Comments

So am I... totally medium.

Posted by: NateinthePDX | September 30, 2009 4:47 PM | Report abuse

Nate medium = okay.
Zorn medium = out of touch with reality.

Posted by: talent_evaluator | September 30, 2009 4:49 PM | Report abuse

I like my steak medium rare....

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | September 30, 2009 4:49 PM | Report abuse

F Zorn and is medium mentality.

All that medium stuff has provided is a "smedium" football team.

Posted by: RedDMV | September 30, 2009 4:49 PM | Report abuse

Is "medium" a codeword for "pissed"?

Posted by: Alan4 | September 30, 2009 4:50 PM | Report abuse

And I thought his common sense on the field was bad..Geez

Posted by: ga8085 | September 30, 2009 4:51 PM | Report abuse

Coach Zorn, how much confidence do you have you can beat the Bucs this week?

"Well, that's a good question. I have medium confidence we can beat the Bucs."

Sweet Lord Jesus, please help us....

Posted by: dcburgh | September 30, 2009 4:51 PM | Report abuse

All that medium stuff has provided is a "smedium" football team.

Posted by: RedDMV | September 30, 2009 4:49 PM

Medium sounds fine when you open a season 6-2. It sounds coo-coo after you've lost to Detroit and looked bad doing it.

Posted by: talent_evaluator | September 30, 2009 4:52 PM | Report abuse

I for one am not giving up on this team. I like our chances to win 10-11 games and compete for the division title. I still believe Jason Campbell is going to the pro bowl. And, I still believe it's possible for the playoffs to be hosted at fed ex next January.

Posted by: Barno1 | September 30, 2009 4:53 PM | Report abuse

"we're working to win" hasn't worked out so well this far... Got anything better?

Posted by: pgugino | September 30, 2009 4:53 PM | Report abuse

Really - medium = power rankings = 4-12

BUT! But, what happens if the 'Skins come out fired up and beat the Bucs 42-14?

Posted by: JohnDinHouston | September 30, 2009 4:54 PM | Report abuse

Maybe Stephanie Haynesworth can talk a few of the other wives/girlfriends into taking these dudes for bad, stir up some shti at home.

They should hire her as an assistant coach if she can manage to light a fire under some of these guys!

Posted by: Alan4 | September 30, 2009 4:56 PM | Report abuse

Really - medium = power rankings = 4-12

BUT! But, what happens if the 'Skins come out fired up and beat the Bucs 42-14?

Posted by: JohnDinHouston

Then we're 2-2 and wondering how we ever 'f-up vs DET

Posted by: zcezcest1 | September 30, 2009 4:56 PM | Report abuse

Nate is not medium.
If he is, he's in a world of hurt.

Posted by: _Stumped_ | September 30, 2009 4:56 PM | Report abuse

zcezcest1 - but you don't believe that's really going to happen, do you?

Posted by: JohnDinHouston | September 30, 2009 4:58 PM | Report abuse

$4,000 vet bill?

you can have them put to sleep for $100. What a sucker

GO SKINS

Posted by: CheyenneWY
_________________________

I'd have thought bullets cost far less than $100 in Wyoming.

Posted by: chasgiffen | September 30, 2009 4:58 PM | Report abuse

I'm glad Zorn is stayinig extra medium this week.

"We're working to win." -
Is probably the least reassuring quote I've heard from JZ to this point.

The only thing worse was when he defended the HB pass saying that he called for it to work.

Posted by: PortisPocketsStr8 | September 30, 2009 4:59 PM | Report abuse

Nothing like dealing with lawyers and ex's to get a foul mood going.

Posted by: zcezcest1 | September 30, 2009 4:59 PM | Report abuse

"We're working to win" -- I'd sure hope so!

Medium = Working to keep the other team in the game.

Posted by: oh_boy1 | September 30, 2009 5:00 PM | Report abuse

"From Sunday's game I count five times where the Redskins were in third and long and Campbell threw a completion that was short of yard marker!"

Why have receivers run routes short of the 1st down marker? Because this offense plays in front of the defense by design, and we see the results.

Posted by: divi3 | September 30, 2009 5:00 PM | Report abuse

F RedDMV bama a$$. And his phony email account.

I don't like 50, but I went to the hospital after reading your whack comments because they hurted my eyes......I promise never to read a RedDMV post again because I wanna see.....

Posted by: 4thFloor | September 30, 2009 5:01 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Barno1 | September 30, 2009 4:53 PM
I didn't know it was possible, but you actually trumped Zorn's state of denial. Congratulations! Your reward: 3 FG's against the Bucs

Posted by: ga8085 | September 30, 2009 5:03 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Barno1 | September 30, 2009 4:53 PM

I like winged unicorns myself.

Posted by: 4-12 | September 30, 2009 5:04 PM | Report abuse

BUT! But, what happens if the 'Skins come out fired up and beat the Bucs 42-14?

Posted by: JohnDinHouston

I'd be a little surprise, but would think to myself: They must've really felt embarrassed and would have reminded myself that it's just Tampa.

----------------------------------------------------------

Anyone remember Gaines Adams? How's he doing?

Could you say that with 38 tackles as a DE with 6 sacks in both his seasons prior to this one, has made more of an impact than LaRon Landry?

As a DE, he has one less INT than Landry, and Gaines has also scored a TD. Landry has not.

Just askin', not sayin'.

Posted by: RedDMV | September 30, 2009 5:04 PM | Report abuse

Not in denial...I can just see the future is all.

Posted by: Barno1 | September 30, 2009 5:05 PM | Report abuse

Hope Barno is right, don't think he is. We got 13 games to see.

Posted by: chrislarry | September 30, 2009 5:09 PM | Report abuse

Landry is entering bust territory. Guy makes ZERO plays, aside for 15yds given to the other team. He may be ok...but not worth a pick that high for a safety.

Posted by: divi3 | September 30, 2009 5:13 PM | Report abuse

4th, what are you talkin about?

phenomenal va swag@yahoo.com, but all one word, ol' Dudda Man from New Jack City talkin azz dude.

Don't hate because your team has stepped out on you. I don't post up here to show off any writing skills.

So you can just "fucc up", boy...

Posted by: RedDMV | September 30, 2009 5:13 PM | Report abuse

Landry is a strong safety playing out of position just like Orakpo playing SLB instead of DE. The Redskins theory is to take their No. 1 draft picks and 'fit' them to their system instead of utilizing their talents to the fullest. Vinny says Landry is a free safety so that's why he is playing there and not performing up to his abilities....Vinny says Orakpo will make the transition to SLB because Sean Merriman can do it instead of playing him as a full-time DE.

Posted by: wizfan89 | September 30, 2009 5:14 PM | Report abuse

See deez nuuuutz in yo' mouf!

Posted by: RedDMV | September 30, 2009 5:15 PM | Report abuse

Keep hope alive Barno. Though I notice your prognostication has far fewer exclamation points and all-caps emphasis than it did a month ago.

Posted by: mack1 | September 30, 2009 5:15 PM | Report abuse

rachel asked the other day about how the Ravens suddenly score so much. Besides the fact that their defense takes the ball away from offenses a lot, it's also worth noting the Michael Oher is apparently mauling people at the RT position.

Just sayin'

Posted by: Alan4 | September 30, 2009 5:15 PM | Report abuse

"If you can keep you head about you
When all about you are losing theirs...."

You're obviously unclear about the situation...
Or delusional
Or both

Posted by: TheCork | September 30, 2009 5:18 PM | Report abuse

Or you are stoned out of your mind, and your head isn't even part of the equation anymore

Posted by: JohnDinHouston | September 30, 2009 5:19 PM | Report abuse

I see pain.

Posted by: _Stumped_ | September 30, 2009 5:23 PM | Report abuse

BUT! But, what happens if the 'Skins come out fired up and beat the Bucs 42-14?

Posted by: JohnDinHouston | September 30, 2009 4:54

I'm not sure we could score 42 if the Bucs missed their flight & we played by ourselves out there.

Posted by: will_ga | September 30, 2009 5:24 PM | Report abuse

The Skins' offense so far makes me want to sign Suisham to my fantasy team. I know he's going to get plenty more FG opportunities. :-/

Posted by: TheSuperhoo | September 30, 2009 5:25 PM | Report abuse

"If you can keep you head about you
When all about you are losing theirs...."

You're obviously unclear about the situation...
Or delusional
Or both

Posted by: TheCork

Kipling would be proud

Posted by: zcezcest1 | September 30, 2009 5:27 PM | Report abuse

Too many haters.

Posted by: BMACattack | September 30, 2009 5:29 PM | Report abuse

"staying medium" means "keeping your head securely in the sand," right?

Posted by: NateinthePDX | September 30, 2009 5:29 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: TheSuperhoo | September 30, 2009 5:25 PM |

The Skins' defense so far makes me want to sign every opposing team's QB ann RB to my fantasy team.

Posted by: Alan4 | September 30, 2009 5:32 PM | Report abuse

Bartender!! I'll have what Barno1 is drinking and make mine a double!

Posted by: dargregmag | September 30, 2009 5:37 PM | Report abuse

Not in denial...I can just see the future is all.
Posted by: Barno1

And you're posting here instead of playing the market, or any of the other million fun, rewarding, and enriching things you could be doing?

Posted by: daggar | September 30, 2009 5:43 PM | Report abuse

Wall Street Journal:

"Penske-GM deal dead. Saturn owners /employees now as screwed as Redskins fans."

Posted by: will_ga | September 30, 2009 5:45 PM | Report abuse

I would like Mr. Zorn to replace the word 'medium' with the word 'effective' in his vocabulary.

There's a gleam, gentlemen!

Posted by: daggar | September 30, 2009 5:45 PM | Report abuse

daggar, it's clear that Barno's been put on this earth to enlighten the rest of us, to teach us in order that we may no longer go astray, to show us the Way and the Light that is Daniel Snyder... barf...

Posted by: NateinthePDX | September 30, 2009 5:46 PM | Report abuse

The Fox NFL website power rankings have the Carolina Panthers at 0-3 ranked ahead of the Redskins, can it get any worse? wait, this just in Zorn is medium.

Posted by: dargregmag | September 30, 2009 5:52 PM | Report abuse

...and he can see the future too? That sort of talent seems contradictory.

Posted by: daggar | September 30, 2009 5:57 PM | Report abuse

You gotta act medium when you're mediocre.

Posted by: getitritegov | September 30, 2009 5:58 PM | Report abuse

dargregmag, at least THAT will be settled on the field when we go play the Panteras a week from Sunday.

Though of course we'll burn that bridge when we get there... we've got Tampa to fret over between now and then.

Posted by: NateinthePDX | September 30, 2009 5:59 PM | Report abuse

How come my kids don't laugh when I offer to take them to 'Pantera' Bread?

Posted by: daggar | September 30, 2009 6:08 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: _Stumped_ | September 30, 2009 6:11 PM | Report abuse

"I don't post up here to show off any writing skills." - DMV

----------

That's for damn sure.

Posted by: shaunsherman12 | September 30, 2009 6:13 PM | Report abuse

Barni_1 Don't drink the GOLD koolaide, I'm warning you.

Posted by: VegasJim | September 30, 2009 6:22 PM | Report abuse

Hey, Barno1, are you actually Deputy "One Bullet" Barney Fife funning with the boys down at Floyd's barber shop? Because if this isn't the case, then your statement about Jason Campbell making the Pro Bowl is about the most unfounded, delusional and ludicrous folly I've seen written about the Redskins so far this year. While I can't see the future like you, Barney, I am willing to wager a soda pop down at Wally's Filling Station that the only way Jason Campbell EVER makes a Pro Bowl is if he's the ONLY NFC QB alive at the end of a season. The only bowl Campbell makes is after this season when his contract is up and we flush him down the Tidy Bowl. Man, how much of that Kool Aid did you drink that Danny Boy and his blow buddy Vinny gave you? You need detox and rehab you're so bad off, brother. Seek help IMMEDIATELY!

Posted by: SkinsKen | September 30, 2009 6:30 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: SkinsKen | September 30, 2009 6:30 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Barno1 | September 30, 2009 4:53 PM
___________________

Me too, if Gandalf puts some kinda hex on all the other teams.

Posted by: chasgiffen | September 30, 2009 6:32 PM | Report abuse

4 TDs in 3 games, two of them against woebegotten teams with hardly any D. They say that we are only 3 games into the season and things can turn around. As Howie Schlong would say, "what do 'they' know?":

1. The truth of the matter is we are 11 games into a streak that started in game 9 of 2008 and we are 3-8 and counting.

2. Campbell - no signs of improvement. WRs - no signs of improvement. Portis - slowing down. OL - slight improvement, but the right side still wobbles.

3. The final 8 games after the bye week can only be eye-averting at this point. The schedule gets a lot tougher. Of the 8, the only reasonable chance for a win is the Oak game.

2009 can't end soon enough. Hello Sam Bradford.

Posted by: DLoad | September 30, 2009 6:33 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: SkinsKen | September 30, 2009 6:30 PM | Report abuse
----------------

So he is overly positive about his team, so what. Gee, a fan that is too positive about the outlook of the Redskins...better hang him.

I don't think they are or will be as good as he thinks, but I also don't get my rocks off beating down a fellow fan because they have hope.

Posted by: shaunsherman12 | September 30, 2009 6:35 PM | Report abuse

2009 can't end soon enough. Hello Sam Bradford.

Posted by: DLoad
___________________

Yes, I can't wait to get past this darn "regular season" thing, so we can get back to what we do best.

Posted by: chasgiffen | September 30, 2009 6:36 PM | Report abuse

IMO.....Medium means mediocre;average;500.;
in the middle of the pack. Fu$% medium, Zorn needs to grow a pair and start challenging these players and hold them to a much higher standard. A Medium attitude will have the team at 500 or below, wait....they are below 500. Like I said, fu&% medium

Posted by: pennstate1 | September 30, 2009 6:38 PM | Report abuse

He probably would make a good OC but we may never know.

Posted by: BrooklynSkins | September 30, 2009 6:47 PM | Report abuse

Medium sure seems to work well for new head coaches Singletary and Ryan...

Posted by: chasgiffen | September 30, 2009 6:48 PM | Report abuse

I think we'll beat the Bucs, but I'd be shocked if we win by more than 6 points. I'm also a little worried about this rookie coming into FedEx with nothing to lose.

Reminds me of Vince Young, Tony Romo, Chris Simms, Matt Stafford, all cocky young rookie QB's who shredded our defense when we all thought it couldn't be done.

Please let's knock this kid around! But don't knock him out of the game and let Leftwich back in. He killed us as a Steeler last year. Just sack him a few times and make him fumble.

Posted by: dmorgan6617 | September 30, 2009 6:51 PM | Report abuse

This team will not produce a good on-field product until Snyder gets it through his head that he and Cerrato must remove themselves from running the operations aspect of the team. HIRE A DAMN GM OR A COAH WHO CAN DO BOTH!!!! When will he realize that everything he's done thus far hasn't worked. Let someone who has proven themselves in today NFL take a shot at turning this thing around. AND for GOD's sake don't hire anyone who is a career position coach. HIRE someone with credibility!!! Is this too much to ask for????

Posted by: cee_212002 | September 30, 2009 6:52 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: wizfan89 | September 30, 2009 5:14 PM | Report abuse

Not just their #1 draft picks, they did the same thing with Jason Taylor last year. How'd that work out? You get players because of what they can do. LET THEM DO IT!!!

Posted by: vegasskinsfan | September 30, 2009 6:54 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: shaunsherman12 | September 30, 2009 6:35 PM |

Hey, don't be literal-minded about this. The dude isn't serious. He is sneerious.

Posted by: DLoad | September 30, 2009 6:54 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: shaunsherman12 | September 30, 2009 6:35 PM

shaunsherman, I hope you get that what people like SkinsKen and I are responding to in Barno is not his positivity about the team but that phenomenon you cite. Barno clearly gets his rocks off beating down fellow fans because they don't agree with his point of view on the team.

Shame on me for not rising above it, but that smug, self-righteous, fannier-than-thou certitude really pushes my buttons. It's just the same thing over and over and over again, and though the specific words may differ, the message is always the same: "All Redskin fans should think, act and express themselves as I do." Dullsville, man, Dullsville.

Posted by: NateinthePDX | September 30, 2009 6:55 PM | Report abuse

Dullsville, man, Dullsville.

Posted by: NateinthePDX | September 30, 2009 6:55 PM |

"Dullsville, man ...". Dude. What epoch are you from?

Posted by: DLoad | September 30, 2009 7:01 PM | Report abuse

What do you think Mike Singletary is if Zorn is medium?

Posted by: fwroy | September 30, 2009 7:01 PM | Report abuse

shaunsherman12,baby. I'm hoping to win the lottery, but I'm not planning my life around that hope coming true. Get real, I have a better chance of winning the lottery than Jason Campbell EVER will have of making the Pro Bowl. He shouldn't even be the Skins starting QB. If given a chance with the first team, I bet Todd Collins beats Campbell out of the starting job. And by the way, I still have desperate hope for the Redskins that they can at the very least avoid a losing season - that's mean 8-8 or better. But I wouldn't even begin to show how delusional I am by making the statement that Jason Campbell goes to the Pro Bowl. In terms of the statement about Campbell, Barney isn't just being overly positive, he's being unrealistic and ridiculous. And Barney needs to realize when you throw out ludicrous, delusional fodder, you're going to get called out and held accountable. Ever heard of sarcasm and satire, dude? Lighten up and try a dose of realism. There ain't no way in hell I could ever be that over positive with the systemic train wreck we've had in Washington for the last 11 season since meddlesome Danny Boy bought the franchsie and annointed his clueless/worthless blow buddy Vinny to masquerade as a GM.

Posted by: SkinsKen | September 30, 2009 7:02 PM | Report abuse

What do you think Mike Singletary is if Zorn is medium?

Posted by: fwroy | September 30, 2009 7:01 PM |

Single is a pants dropper. Z is a pants wetter.

Posted by: DLoad | September 30, 2009 7:03 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: NateinthePDX | September 30, 2009 6:55 PM | Report abuse
---------------

Nate, you know him better than I based on your "veteran leadership" around here. If he's like that, than I can totally understand.

Posted by: shaunsherman12 | September 30, 2009 7:08 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: cee_212002 | September 30, 2009 6:52 PM | Report abuse

AMEN and HALLELUIAH, cee 212002. Now we're getting down to the REAL problems that have plagued this organization for the 11 seasons of Dan Snyder's ownership. I've been a die hard Redskins fan for 47 years, but I'm not going to drink the Kool Aid and buy into the "No matter what happens we must remain 'overly' positive" misinformation disseminated by the propagand ministry.

Posted by: SkinsKen | September 30, 2009 7:11 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: SkinsKen | September 30, 2009 7:02 PM | Report abuse
-----------------

Yeah, he's got rose colored glasses, be real, don't be delusional, Danny Boy, Snyderatto, blow buddy Vinny...

blah..blah..blah. We've all heard all this before. Let me clue you in on something. Something that you and several others seem to have lost sight on.

Getting called out for having unrealistic expectations for your team and its players is what DALLAS FANS ARE FOR. That's their job, to "call us out".

Another thing: do you see me backing up his words? No. I don't think Campbell is a Probowler. I don't think this team is any better than a D team RIGHT NOW. But at least I'm not "calling out" my own fans for hoping for the best.

Posted by: shaunsherman12 | September 30, 2009 7:13 PM | Report abuse

No QB change is going to rescue a team whose defense went from #4 last year to #17 this year after playing the Rams and Lions. Little investment in the offense, huge investment in the defense during the offseason. Zero takeaways? Zero yards rushing against the Lions in the 1st half? You've got to be kidding.

How do you think the Big Ben would fare if the Steelers couldn't get a single takeaway, a single yard rushing, and couldn't stop the Rams and Lions offense?

1-2 maybe?
Ya'll are barking up the wrong tree.

Posted by: Alan4 | September 30, 2009 8:03 PM | Report abuse

"Why would I worry about my job security?"

As a professional latrine digger, I share Jim Zorn's 'medium,' devil my care attitude about my job.

I mean, like with his job, you don't see dudes lining up around the corner to apply for it.

Yet.

Posted by: MistaMoe | September 30, 2009 8:21 PM | Report abuse

redDmv

"Anyone remember Gaines Adams? How's he doing?"

Nice touch.

Posted by: MistaMoe | September 30, 2009 8:24 PM | Report abuse

dload

"What do you think Mike Singletary is if Zorn is medium?"

Got a betta question: how many bloggas would sit through the sucka free rebuilding the niners are coming out of?

Since the days of Seifort, Young, Rice, and Taylor, the San Fran gang has cleaned up its sal cap issues, found a quarterback, running back and solid defensive-minded coach.

I mention this facts as--to be frankly honest--perhaps now is the time for the skins to completely turn the roster over, acquire picks, and reload.

Posted by: MistaMoe | September 30, 2009 8:29 PM | Report abuse

There's an old saying, "A fish rots from the head down". The problems with this team start with a stubborn egotistical owner who after all these years still wants to "run the team, choose players, and make personnell decisions", instead of backing off like the owners of the Steelers, Patriots, Giants, etc.

If he would just hire a competent GM, forget his buddy VC,(or give him some BS FO position)and run this team like other successful teams in the league are run. Let the GM hire a coach, and make all football related decisions. All Dan has to do is kick back, open his checkbook, sit in his luxury seat and in due time he'll have the consistent NFL frontrunner he can only dream about now.

As of now, Dan Snyder has provided Redskins fans with nothing but nightmares, and agony for years now. I hope and dream that this man will get a clue, stop being stupid and stubborn and revamp his FO, from top to bottom, starting with himself.

I'm sure that's a dream I share with other Skins fans, and hope it comes true soon, because right now, it's no fun being a Redskins fan, no fun at all.

Posted by: 72Redskins | September 30, 2009 8:36 PM | Report abuse

Anybody want to join together to buy the skins? Follow @letsbuytheskins on twitter to get our team back. Spread the word

Posted by: letsbuytheskins | September 30, 2009 8:40 PM | Report abuse

This was maybe the greatest response I've ever gotten on here. Amazing! Good work SkinsKen...

Posted by: SkinsKen | September 30, 2009 6:30 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Fridge4ever | September 30, 2009 8:50 PM | Report abuse

You'd better worry, Sally.

Posted by: nixx46 | September 30, 2009 8:52 PM | Report abuse

3-8 over the last 11. Be afraid. Be very afraid.

Posted by: saqster | September 30, 2009 8:56 PM | Report abuse

My cuz, PLoad, the big Okie OT, is doing well with the Vikes. Pass protecting for Favre, opening up running lanes for the A Train.

Posted by: DLoad | September 30, 2009 8:57 PM | Report abuse

As a Skins fan, you have a right to:

- boo if the Skins are performing poorly.

- criticize the owner

- criticize coach and players

BUT

If you switch to another team (i.e Ravens, Cowboys, Eagles, Patriots), you are the
SCUM of fandom!

SKINS TILL I DIE MUTHAFUGGA!

Posted by: rickyroge | September 30, 2009 9:00 PM | Report abuse

I don't see the benefit in firing zorn right now. Call me crazy but lets see how things play out. If they beat the bucs by a decent margin i will have more faith. It's early, don't let the mass sports media tell you that he's going to be fired and that despair is inevitable. They've been wrong many times before...

Posted by: buke | September 30, 2009 9:05 PM | Report abuse

Barno clearly gets his rocks off beating down fellow fans because they don't agree with his point of view on the team"

Posted by: NateinthePDX | September 30, 2009 6:55 PM

These two comments could not be any further from the truth. I am happy to read other people's points of view and do not think every fan should think as I do. And I certainly don't "get my rocks off beating down other fans."

I'm not sure what Nate's deal is, but whenever I post a comment recently he starts making outlandish attacks at me. He's entitled to his opinion, however wrong it may be. But he needs to start defending those opinions with specific examples otherwise it's just baseless attacks.

Posted by: Barno1 | September 30, 2009 9:06 PM | Report abuse

"As a Skins fan, you have a right to:

- boo if the Skins are performing poorly.

- criticize the owner

- criticize coach and players

BUT

SCUM of fandom!

Sic-Ricky, this sums up my feelings as well.

SKINS TILL I DIE MUTHAFUGGA!

Posted by: chrislarry | September 30, 2009 9:09 PM | Report abuse

I also find it quite interesting that Nate is attacking me for my allegedly wanting others to think as I do, but he says nothing about all the comments from others on this very page getting their rocks off beating me down for my view of this year's Redskins.
Hmmm...interesting.

Posted by: Barno1 | September 30, 2009 9:09 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: DLoad | September 30, 2009 8:57 PM |

BTW, the Skins could have had PLoad themselves with the 2nd round pick they frittered away on Jason Taylor. Dude is massive - 6'8", 350 lbs. He blocks out the sun. A real AH stopper.

Posted by: DLoad | September 30, 2009 9:19 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Barno1 | September 30, 2009 9:06 PM |

Earth to Barnoi. Dude. W/O baseless attacks there would be no RI. That's who we are and why we blog.

Posted by: DLoad | September 30, 2009 9:28 PM | Report abuse

Nothing against Orakpo, seems Oher would have filled more of a need...

love thi quote:
"You're supposed to finish people off, and I guess they don't like that. That's just the way I play football."

Posted by: pv1999 | September 30, 2009 9:32 PM | Report abuse

That Oregon running back that reacted to that a**hole smackin' him on the chest with BOOM!! MY FIST THROUGH YOUR FACE, A**HOLE!!! THAT WAS PROPER, not his suspension, world fulla sh*t..

Posted by: frak | September 30, 2009 9:37 PM | Report abuse

Why do we assume that having a GM will equal championships? How many teams in this leagure have GM's, but only a handfull are elite. I keep hearing Parcells...what has he done in Dallas and Miami? Dallas hasn't won a playoff game since 1996 and Miami is 0-3 after a good season last season. Remember, it was Parcells who said "you are what your record says you are"

Personally, I haven't seen enough of Zorn to say whether he will or will be good coach. I still think we're underestimating Zorn's inheriting of JC. How do we know Zorn totally trusts JC as his prototypical QB for his offense.

We have made several personnel mistakes over the last 10 years, but what has been the one constant....CHANGE!!! If Zorn coaches us to a sub 500 season then he should go, but look at the personnel on this team.

Now what I DO blame Zorn for is his use of personnel. Continuing the use ARE on punts is idiotic. We rip Vinny for his 3 WR's but Zorn won't play em consistently and Campbell won't throw to them...so how do we really know what we have.

We keep screaming for a GM, but don't the Chiefs, Lions, Bucanneers, Browns, Eagles, etc. have GM's? There is one Super Bowl among them.

Anyone care to refute my argument?

Posted by: rickyroge | September 30, 2009 9:42 PM | Report abuse

Gosh, Barno, I misjudged you. I sincerely believed you got your rocks off beating down fellow fans because they don't agree with your point of view on the team. That was based on a close analysis of the comments attributed to "Barno" up here over a long period of time. I apologize for having gotten that so very wrong.

And I apologize for acting like such a troll towards you over the past few months or whatever. I can't put my finger on why your comments have gotten under my skin to such an extent -- I characterized this previously along the lines of "even when I agree with you, I don't want to agree with you" -- but whatever it was, it doesn't excuse my acting like a jerk.

I'll do my best not to be so needlessly, pointlessly confrontational with you in the future.

Posted by: NateinthePDX | September 30, 2009 9:46 PM | Report abuse

Oher is a beast (but gentle giant in real life). There is a funny story in "The Blind Side" about how in HS everyone thought he was too soft (still not that far removed from ever playing FB and living on the street) and he was being just abused verbally from some DL.

Well at some point he just snapped and basically picked the guy up with a block and after the whistle kept going all the way to the chain link fence around the field where he just deposited him and then walked away. Took like 10 years of abuse and squaler out on the dude.

Posted by: chrislarry | September 30, 2009 9:47 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: NateinthePDX
_____________________________

Well, if this statement is sincere - and I'm not at all sure it is - it's entirely too mature and reasonable for this blog.

Posted by: chasgiffen | September 30, 2009 9:57 PM | Report abuse

This one's really late folks but it's worth it:

Posted by: scampbell1975 | September 30, 2009 10:12 PM | Report abuse

Chasgriffin: while it may well reflect Nate's maturity and reasonableness, which have long been reflected on the blog, I would say that it is also predicated on one of the few points of 99% agreement on the blog: that Barno is an idiot (Cooley DVD, maps such as plus RI record effort as troll)

Posted by: zornskins2 | September 30, 2009 10:14 PM | Report abuse

Nate? Not sincere?

Posted by: daggar | September 30, 2009 10:17 PM | Report abuse

I know that power rankings are not the most popular approach here. But did anyone notice that of the bottom 9 ESPN teams (I would say bottom 10, but we are in it so it is really bottom 9), we are playing 7 of the 9, mostly in the next few weeks.

That's the good news. The bad news is that the Redskins sole victory of the year came against the 32nd rated team, by 2 points, and just lost to the previous #31 team. Not sure that bodes well for playing the current #31 team?

On the other hand, the fact that Josh Johnson is a horrible, horrible QB who was #4 on the depth charts of the horrible, horrible Bucs until last week, is now going to meet Mssrs. Orakpo and Carter could definitely be a big factor. What is the line on the game?

Posted by: zornskins2 | September 30, 2009 10:19 PM | Report abuse

dload

"..Hello Sam Bradford.."

Sam Bradford...?

Sure, why not?

And let's add: CJ Spiller and Jake Locker.

And no matter who we take, two other things must happen:

1. any player or contract that can be shed, is (roster turnover has to happen with this aging gang, no matter the player)

2. free agent offensive linemen plus two-three drafted one will begin the rebuilding in the trenches

My work is done.

This team is healed.

Posted by: MistaMoe | September 30, 2009 10:20 PM | Report abuse

Thanks scampbell. I remembered that one recently

Posted by: zornskins2 | September 30, 2009 10:24 PM | Report abuse

Thanks scampbell. I remembered that one recently

Posted by: zornskins2 | September 30, 2009 10:24 PM |

We all need a good laugh these days...

Posted by: scampbell1975 | September 30, 2009 10:27 PM | Report abuse

heysoose nate wtf!!!!

Posted by: dealer1 | September 30, 2009 10:41 PM | Report abuse

and from lasrt night
david justice=richard justice

Posted by: dealer1 | September 30, 2009 10:43 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: zornskins2 | September 30, 2009 10:14 PM | Report abuse

Barno is great! You may disagree with him but he's no idiot Go to the terps Insider blog he is loved over there.

Posted by: MDfan2000 | September 30, 2009 10:50 PM | Report abuse

F the Terps. JMU Dukes baby!

Posted by: chrislarry | September 30, 2009 10:54 PM | Report abuse

Barno1; my friend you are correct JC will be a pro bowler just not with the Redskins,Snyder and Cerrato have managed to screw this kid up with numerous coaching changes,offensive coordinators and a lack of loyalty that would insult Benedict Arnold, and enough lame brain offensive scheme's to confuse Johnny Unitas,think about it Jason led Auburn to a undefeated season in arguably the best conference in college football(the sec) in Campbell's senior season then how is it that right up 295N Joe Flacco has the Ravens offense performing at a high rate? because Ozzie Newsome is the GM and put together an O-line through the draft(what a concept)while Vinny and his minions have left Zorn and Campbell hanging out to dry with an aging and oft injured O-line,lets get real Jason is not to blame he has what? one wide receiver(Moss) and a tight end of pro bowl caliber(Cooley)and a HC who at best is an offensive coordinator and we expect Campbell to do what? and the defense is under fire because we went out and overpaid for a knuckehead D-lineman who has issues(lazy,personal problems with a gold-digging wife,and her ambulance chasing attorney)and decides to "free lance" in the scheme that D-Coor.Greg Blache has put together which puts everyone on the D line at risk and exposes them to big plays by non descript running backs like Kevin Smith,in closing i have stated the obvious so don't blame JC.

Posted by: dargregmag | September 30, 2009 10:58 PM | Report abuse

"I don't post up here to show off any writing skills." - DMV

----------

That's for damn sure.

Posted by: shaunsherman12

XXX late night post, so I'm kinda late.

What da fucc is that supposed to mean to mean homeboy?

Damn, is a nucca on top or what? Every body takin' shots at the throne... Chill no need to gun for the dude head... I got five kids to feed...

Who the f is shawn sherman?

Posted by: RedDMV | September 30, 2009 11:22 PM | Report abuse

SKINS TILL I DIE MUTHAFUGGA!

Posted by: chrislarry

Line of the day right there. For a # of reasons...

Careful cL, no curssing on the blog. The blogging dude, mattylight might slap your wrist with a belt or something.

Yeah mattylight, it's mf'n on everytime I see you post up here... and by on, I mean that I'm going to get your approval to post on this here blog.

Posted by: RedDMV | September 30, 2009 11:27 PM | Report abuse

WHAT UP 4TH?

Where you at homie?

Hopefully a dude ain't pull you skirt up too far, ya dig? Was looking for the 'M' comeback, but like all you Marylanders, y'alls softtt.

The ones south of B-More anyway...

Posted by: RedDMV | September 30, 2009 11:33 PM | Report abuse

That's his problem, Zorn is medium.

Posted by: jmy999 | October 1, 2009 12:08 AM | Report abuse

Anyone care to refute my argument?

Posted by: rickyroge

I'm just refuting the parts I copied, not all of your post.

I've seen enough of Zorn. The team wasn't in shape and ready for game 1 of either season. We've lost 2 games to the Rams and Lions in the past 19 games of the Zorn era -- and these two teams have exactly 1 (ONE) other win combined. If you can't get your team motivated to beat the worst teams in football, you should lose your job. Zorn has made plenty of horrid calls (and fwiw, some of the more controversial ones, I've supported, even if they didn't work).

The constants over the past 10 years have been Danny, Vinny, Chris Samuels and the fans. Its not on Samuels or the fans.

As for the 3 WRs, there is a reason they don't play. James Thrash beat them out last year. Kelly IS on the field this year. Thomas isn't as good as any of the 3 guys ahead of him and Davis isn't better than Cooley.

As for JC and who he is throwing to, ummmm, the open guy. He's 5th in the NFL in completion %. Many will say his stats exceed his performance (I agree), but you don't get to 5th in the league unless you are good.

fwiw, and its what I said in ZEKE'S UNIQUE last week, Zorn may not trust Campbell, but I don't see a reason for that. To be blunt, its Zorn that doesn't deserve Campbell's trust. Its Zorn that put in the lower tier receivers, Sellers and Thomas, when we were near the goal line vs the Rams -- and neither made the TD catch.

So yeah, Ricky, I see it differently

Posted by: zcezcest1 | October 1, 2009 12:11 AM | Report abuse

On our OL/run game, there is a stat that I looked at that tells the story.

Excluding Campbell and Hunter Smith, the Skins have run the ball 58 times this season. Only 15 rushes have gone for 5 or more yards. That's 26%.

3/19 vs NYG
8/26 vs Rams
4/13 vs DET

By comparison, Kevin Smith of DET had 9 of his 16 carries vs us for 5 or more yards.

Posted by: zcezcest1 | October 1, 2009 1:56 AM | Report abuse

Zeke, do you attribute that to age/talent on the line or scheme?

Posted by: Curzon417 | October 1, 2009 2:30 AM | Report abuse

Sally Jenkins is a blithering idiot, but I totally enjoyed reading her brutal slam of Vinny in her article today:

"He (Snyder) is personally responsible for naming Vinny Cerrato, a proven failure, executive vice president of football operations."

I bet Vinny cringed when he read that.

Posted by: chasgiffen | October 1, 2009 2:45 AM | Report abuse

Over the last 11 games, the Skins are 3-8. What other teams are worse over that stretch?

KC, Cle, StL and DET

What teams also have 3 wins over that stretch?
Seattle, Jax, Buf

That's the company the Skins are keeping. Oh yes, since the midpoint of 2008, the Raiders are 4-7.

Posted by: zcezcest1 | October 1, 2009 3:29 AM | Report abuse

I know many up here hate Sally Jenkins, but her column today is a home run. Love this excerpt:

"You can blame the Redskins players and coaches for what happens on Sundays, but not for what's wrong with the franchise the other six days of the week. The owner should have known the winning cure a long time ago: hire a competent, professional general manager. Yet he refuses to do it because that wouldn't be as much fun for him. I've said it before, and I say it again more than ever: It looks to me like Snyder would rather be the center of power on a losing team than a peripheral figure on a winning one. "

Amen, sister.

Posted by: brownwood26 | October 1, 2009 5:43 AM | Report abuse

i'm still medium can i coach??? i hate medium, medium is bland, and predictable, like the offense

Posted by: Burrasta1 | October 1, 2009 7:43 AM | Report abuse

how can anyone believe campbell is a pro bowl qb. he will never reach that plateau because he can not learn another offensive scheme. he has not produced in this scheme and it is his second year. everyone blames the problems that he has because he has to learn another offense. has he done that yet? no. he still looks at one receiver and stays on that receiver 90% of the time. stats mean nothing. he will be like cartwright and never be offered much when he hits the free market but backup status.

Posted by: rls1041 | October 1, 2009 9:18 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: 72Redskins | September 30, 2009 8:36 PM | Report abuse

AMEN and AMEN again, 72Skins. I'm with you 100%. Very astute, accurate observation and most eloquently stated.

It certainly has been very hard being a Redskins fans, especially since Gibbs I, but even more so during Snyder's 11 seasons of mismanagement. It gets harder and harder to remain positive and have hopes of rising above the quagmire we seem to be mired in.

It's hard to have fun when you watch your team lose to bad teams - Rams in '08, Bengals in '08, Lions in '09. I can only hope that we start to break this trend and turn it around this Sunday with a win over the Bucs. But as we all know too well, the Redskins are capable of playing down to anybody and losing to the very worst teams in the league.

Posted by: SkinsKen | October 1, 2009 9:44 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: letsbuytheskins | September 30, 2009 8:40 PM | Report abuse

I'm with you, letsbuytheskins! For several years I've pondered on ways to depose Snyder. 1) Buy him out. 2) Coup de grace 3) Coup d'etat.

The Redskins nation needs to rise up and let Snyder know that enough is enough. We're fed up with his dysfunctional mismanagement of the organization and we're not going to sit back and take it anymore.

Posted by: SkinsKen | October 1, 2009 9:57 AM | Report abuse