Betts: 'I'm on the road to recovery'

Just got off the phone with running back Ladell Betts, who will miss the remainder of the season after tearing his anterior cruciate and medial collateral ligaments in Sunday's 7-6 loss to the Dallas Cowboys at Cowboys Stadium.

Betts is a hard worker and a consummate professional, and he had been playing extremely well in place of Clinton Portis, who has been sidelined because of lingering effects from a concussion. I was disappointed for Betts because he plays the game the right way, and he now has a long way to go before he returns to the football field.

"The nature of this injury is I won't be back for a while," he said. "I got my ACL and my MCL, so I'll be out for a minute. That's pretty much all I know right now. I have to decide when I'll have surgery and go from there."

Reconstructive surgery cannot occur until swelling subsides, "but I don't have much swelling, so that's good," Betts said. "And actually, I don't have much pain, which is good news as well. I'm hoping to just enjoy Thanksgiving, as best I can, and then have the surgery after Thanksgiving."

Betts was injured in the first quarter while being tackled by Dallas linebacker Bradie James. After watching the play on tape today, Betts quickly realized what went wrong.

"It looks like right when I got ready to reverse field and cut back, Bradie James was coming to tackle me after I had already cut back. It looks like I felt him coming and I tried to plant and duck underneath him, and he kind of came over the top and was pulling me by the top of my shoulder pads slash helmet.

"And as he was doing that, all of his weight and momentum was on my left foot that was planted on the ground, and when he came down all his weight was on my knee. In regular motion it doesn't look like much, but if you slow it down you can see that all his weight just landed on my knee that buckled."

So now Betts prepares for surgery and the beginning of a long rehabilitation process. "For me, personally, it is kind of a shock. I've never had to deal with an injury of this type of severity," Betts said. "But I can't control that. It's already over and done with now.

"My mindset is that I'm on the road to recovery. It's part of the game and it's part of the business. It's why we get paid the money we do, because we put our bodies in harm's way and at risk, so it comes with the territory. It's just one of the unfortunate parts of being a football player."

By Jason Reid  |  November 23, 2009; 4:39 PM ET
Categories:  Jason Reid
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Redskins add Mason and a guard
Next: Thomas expects to see more time on kickoffs

Comments

no problem etrod ... but recall you did do darn well with that trade earlier in the year. You know, the one where you basically got Peyton Manning for what turned out to be just about free ... !!

Posted by: zcezcest1 | November 23, 2009 4:53 PM | Report abuse

As they say, the road to recovery begins with one step. And, of course, a horrific injury.

Posted by: mack1 | November 23, 2009 4:53 PM | Report abuse

"Betts: 'I'm on the road to recovery' "

I gots nothing but props for this guy.

If St Joe doesn't pull the trigger to bring in Portis, he gets a shot of proving he is a quality NFL back and the swag that comes with that.

He and Rock are two true redskins.

Posted by: MistaMoe | November 23, 2009 4:56 PM | Report abuse

thought greg reported that Betts' leg was amputated?

don't tell me another fake post by greg...

Posted by: Curzon417 | November 23, 2009 4:58 PM | Report abuse

Wish him the best.
JReid, no one cares you were disappointed for him though. Just because you love him, we don't need to hear about who you're upset to see get injured unless you say it about everybody that gets hurt.

Posted by: AdamCr | November 23, 2009 4:59 PM | Report abuse

etrod- Don't trade with zeke! He already snookered somebody [Future Mark?] out of Tom Brady AND Larry Fitzgerald for a ham sandwich, and condiments to be named later.

Also, if you need pass catchers, come see me...

Posted by: 4-12 | November 23, 2009 4:59 PM | Report abuse

Hard to imagine Betts will have much of a career after this. The knee sounds pretty much wrecked -- the kind of injury that takes more than a year to get mostly back to where you were before.

If Betts isn't fully recovered until he is 32, that is pretty old in RB terms. Maybe there is a Kevin Faulk type role for him, but it could also be the end of the line for LaDell.

Posted by: zcezcest1 | November 23, 2009 5:00 PM | Report abuse

Turkey Day fuddball.

Dallas v. Oakland

Jints v. Broncos

Lions v. Packers

Who plans this krap?

Note to Roger Goodell: the Thanksgiving Day Football game should be decided based on a 'flex' schedule basis.

Consider:
Bengals v. Stillers

Colts v. Pats

Jints v. Broncos

See what I mean?

I'd rather eat turkey than watch it.

Posted by: MistaMoe | November 23, 2009 5:00 PM | Report abuse

We should trade Betts for a second round pick.

Posted by: Original_etrod | November 23, 2009 5:04 PM | Report abuse

"Hard to imagine Betts will have much of a career after this."

All the more reason to consider drafting a running back.

Portis isn't that far behind him when it comes to age.

Posted by: MistaMoe | November 23, 2009 5:06 PM | Report abuse

My buddy traded his 4th rounder next year [he's in a keeper league] for Betts. Last week.

Posted by: 4-12 | November 23, 2009 5:08 PM | Report abuse

NO! Come See ME ETrod! I got the players you want....

Posted by: 4thFloor | November 23, 2009 5:12 PM | Report abuse

Looks like Betts ship has sailed. Best of luck to him in his life after football. Maybe he makes it back somewhere, but the odds are not good.

Posted by: edvar | November 23, 2009 5:13 PM | Report abuse

Wait 4th....I thought etrod was a "Peep." Is he actually a "Hamster?"

Posted by: 4-12 | November 23, 2009 5:17 PM | Report abuse

4-12, you are so wrong. Just look at this week. Rodgers outscored Brady and Heath Miller outscored Fitzgerald.

Thing is, my trade partner benched Miller vs KC and played Fred Davis instead. I have no idea why, getting Miller for Davis seemed to be a big part of the deal. If he had played Miller he would have won!! If he had kept his team as it was and not traded, he would have lost.

fyi 4-12, etrod and I did trade earlier. He got Chambers, Buckhalter, Santana and Peyton. I got Greg Jennings, Marshawn Lynch and Delhomme.

Delhomme got cut, Lynch has been a bust and Jennings, until this week, hasn't been any better than Santana. Buckhalter has had some good weeks, Chambers has had back to back good weeks with KC and Peyton has been the #1 QB in FF.

Bottom line, etrod made out in a big way on that one. I thought I was getting a top WR and a very good RB ... giving up 3 good players and a top QB. Didn't work out that way.

FF keeps you humble, you never really know how something is going to pan out. All the other guy needed to do was play the guys he got and he would have won this week. If he hadn't made the trade, he would have lost anyway.

Posted by: zcezcest1 | November 23, 2009 5:18 PM | Report abuse

Zeke and his darn "stats." I prefer speculation, accusations, troublemaking, and name calling.

Posted by: 4-12 | November 23, 2009 5:25 PM | Report abuse

etrod needs RBs. He's gotten killed with injuries there. Michael Turner, Sammy Morris and Julius Jones. All out. Too bad since it was a good trio. Add Peyton into the mix as his QB and he had a pretty strong club.

Posted by: zcezcest1 | November 23, 2009 5:26 PM | Report abuse

Also, I'm in almost last place, and Zeke is in almost first place. F me and the horse I rode in on.

Posted by: 4-12 | November 23, 2009 5:27 PM | Report abuse

4-12, anything nice to say about Mike Sims-Walker?

Posted by: zcezcest1 | November 23, 2009 5:31 PM | Report abuse

Nope......Pure 100% Hamster.....

And yesterday's game severly hurt my chances of 5-11 and a Fifth.....

Posted by: 4thFloor | November 23, 2009 5:33 PM | Report abuse

Yes Zeke...he's proof that you should start any fantasy draft with "RB-RB-RB."

I picked up Sims-Walker, Miles Austin, and Percy Harvin from free agency, after the season started.

Posted by: 4-12 | November 23, 2009 5:36 PM | Report abuse

Ah, 4th. Still 1/3 to the 1/5. 6 to win 2. 4-12 > 5-11. It's coming down to 01/03/2010

Posted by: 4-12 | November 23, 2009 5:38 PM | Report abuse

That's a lot of numbers. It's like I'm speaking "accountant" to you. Or "Zorn."

Posted by: 4-12 | November 23, 2009 5:40 PM | Report abuse

all this FF stuff, whatever... I guess that's why so many here are consumed with Stats when discussing QB play.

The only two stats that mean anything are TD's and wins when rating a QB.

Posted by: 1965skinsfan | November 23, 2009 5:42 PM | Report abuse

Shame about Betts. He's a pretty solid 2nd or 3rd back and a team guy. Running backs have the shortest shelf life of almost any position in sports. Gotta get the money when they can....

Posted by: randysbailin | November 23, 2009 5:52 PM | Report abuse

The only two stats that mean anything are TD's and wins when rating a QB.

Posted by: 1965skinsfan | November 23, 2009 5:42 PM |

What's funny about FF is when a player makes a smart play by not scoring a TD and then apologizing to the FF world. Like that is more important than winning a game.

Posted by: Curzon417 | November 23, 2009 5:54 PM | Report abuse

The only two stats that mean anything are TD's and wins when rating a QB.

Posted by: 1965skinsfan | November 23, 2009 5:42 PM | Report abuse

how bout INTs? Cutler and Sanchez have plenty of the latter, few of the former. Our FO tried to trade orakpo and more for their services. Hard to throw tds when your HC decides to go for a fg on third down at the end of the half. Not even defending Campbell here, but pointing out many factors contribute. It's too bad.

Posted by: AdamCr | November 23, 2009 5:56 PM | Report abuse

So, I'm thinking injury settlement/release Rino and move on from that. IR for Portis, Cooley, Williams and Betts, and release Wynn.

That gives us six roster moves. We added Mason and Fanaica, so we have four more moves. We don't need to replace Wynn (we have Jarmon) or Williams right now and we are out of playoff contention.

Let's raid a couple of practice squads for O linemen and a TE.

Three guys to look at are: OT Corey Clark from San Diego, OT/G Alex Boone from SF and OT/G Jamon Meredith from Green Bay.

Posted by: edvar | November 23, 2009 5:57 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: edvar | November 23, 2009 5:57 PM

definitely agree with you on that one... not some guy from philly's practice squad who will be cut after next week after we play philly anyway... btw, meredith is starting for the bills now!!!

Posted by: jimmy_the_crickett | November 23, 2009 6:00 PM | Report abuse

kind of sad on Rinehart. Not only the injury, but even after 2 seasons, we don't know if we've got a potential player. No enough of a body of work. Unless you consider 2 injuries in 1 year as part of the answer.

Posted by: zcezcest1 | November 23, 2009 6:03 PM | Report abuse

Told you Meredith was a good prospect. Good thing we didn't grab him sooner.

D'oh!

Posted by: edvar | November 23, 2009 6:06 PM | Report abuse

FML

Posted by: BMACattack | November 23, 2009 6:08 PM | Report abuse

Rinehart -- can't really tell if the shoulder was a serious injury or the Zornskins approach to player development. The good news is that a broken leg heals pretty much completely, unlike crushed ankles and knees missing pieces.
I have no idea whether he's a keeper or an insurance adjuster-in-waiting, I'll let the new coach's o-line coach figure that out.

Posted by: daggar | November 23, 2009 6:09 PM | Report abuse

4-12, you are crushing it at WR. But your RBs haven't big that successful this year. Looked back and you drafted just 1 RB in the 1st 5 rounds, jacobs, who hasn't overwhelmed.

You have really done well with your pickups. Harvin, MSW, austin, Forsett. If you make it to the playoffs, and it looks like you have a decent shot at it, you could do some damage.

Posted by: zcezcest1 | November 23, 2009 6:09 PM | Report abuse

That was the autodraft, Zeke. I had a computer issue, and couldn't get on the site for the draft. Been behind the 8-ball all year because of it.

Posted by: 4-12 | November 23, 2009 6:15 PM | Report abuse

So you're an NFL general manager with old backs and a 'superstar' who's oft injured and doesn't practice.

Do you burn your pick on a potential star running back knowing you can draft for need later?

Posted by: MistaMoe

That's if the "you" in question is one Vincent Cerrato. When the blocking worked against Denver, two journeymen backs looked outstanding for the Redskins.

Of course you will find yourself forced to pick lower in the draft, so that's a negative.

Posted by: TheCork | November 23, 2009 6:15 PM | Report abuse

Attaboy Cork!

For the next two years our draft priority can be summed up with one simple goal: O Line Dominance! Offensive problems will start to drift magically away once we get that nailed down and for some unknown reason our defense will still be fresh for the stretch down the fourth quarter...

Posted by: edvar | November 23, 2009 6:20 PM | Report abuse

Turkey Day fuddball.

Dallas v. Oakland

Jints v. Broncos

Lions v. Packers

Who plans this krap?

POSTED BY: Mistamoe

Jerry Jones. This is why the Cowboys are guaranteed a powderpuff opponent at their own stadium every Thanksgiving day.

Not only does this assure the cowboys a win--encouraged by an additional prep day on a short wee that their travelling opponent doesn't have--but it gives them a second "bye" week other teams can't depend on. Not a full week, but 11 days off late in the season to get healthy and lick their wounds.

This is corrupt and preposterous. But then, the NFL does what it can to give the 'pokes a break, since "america's Team in the Superbowl is one of the league's goals.

Posted by: TheCork | November 23, 2009 6:21 PM | Report abuse

Scout.com had Meredith as the 8th best OT in last years draft. I guess Vinny was to busy patting himself on the back for BMW and it was easier to have him drop 100 lbs then to steal Meredith off the packers practice squad.

OT 8 Jamon Meredith SR 6-5/301/- South Carolina

Posted by: Diesel44 | November 23, 2009 6:23 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: AdamCr

INT's are another inexact measure IMO. Some are tipped by the WR's not catching the passes and some are due to bad QB passes.
It all boils down to TD's and W's.

Posted by: 1965skinsfan | November 23, 2009 6:24 PM | Report abuse

Gotta Think with a better Offensive line he may have never ended up like this ! F Vinny

Posted by: ThrowItToMyTeam | November 23, 2009 6:24 PM | Report abuse

"Gotta Think with a better Offensive line he may have never ended up like this!"

We'd go back to criticizing Jason Campbell's erratic play.

We'd be saying, "He gets blocking and misses open receivers!"

Now, we say, "He gets no blocking and misses open receivers!"

I guess we should credit him for being consistent.

Posted by: MistaMoe | November 23, 2009 6:32 PM | Report abuse

It's been said before and I'll say it again. If JC needs a perfect situation to be successful then this isn't the place for him. Also funny that JC played by far his best game of the year and we scored 6 points.

The OL is abysmal but he is consistently inaccurate, indecisive, and has never won a game when behind in a final series. He is and should be a back up.

Posted by: Diesel44 | November 23, 2009 6:35 PM | Report abuse

This interview with Betts about the severity of his injury begs a very serious question about his longevity:

Is Ladell Betts too articulate to play RB for the Redskins?

Posted by: freakzilla | November 23, 2009 6:36 PM | Report abuse

In FF this year, covering both my teams, the guys I traded away and the guys I've brought in are below. Not sure I've netted out better overall for the trades, except my teams might be better balanced. I wasoverloaded with QBs. Over the season, I've had Aaron Rodgers on both teams, Peyton, Brady and Favre. Now I've got Rodgers and Favre on one team, Brady and Sanchez on the other.

guys out:
Aaron Rodgers (#3 QB)
Peyton Manning (#1 QB)
Mike Sims-Walker (#13 WR)
Santana Moss
Austin Collie
Heath Miller
Correll Buckhalter
Correll Buckhalter (yes, I traded him in both leagues)
Chris Chambers
Chester Taylor

guys in:
Tom Brady (#2 QB)
Larry Fitzgerald (#5 WR)
Vincent Jackson (#6 WR)
Greg Jennings
Darren Sproles
Marshawn Lynch
Jake Delhomme
Javon Ringer

3 top players sent out and 3 top players in return.

I did trade away a bunch of good players that have made solid contributions. Other than the top 3 and Greg Jennings, who has been OK, I really got nothing.

Posted by: zcezcest1 | November 23, 2009 6:37 PM | Report abuse

Moe, that's not all true.

We'd still pick on the game management and play calling as well.

Posted by: edvar | November 23, 2009 6:38 PM | Report abuse

Could we just build a monster offensive line that even a moron could run through ?

Posted by: ThrowItToMyTeam | November 23, 2009 6:42 PM | Report abuse

Line of the day from Jerome Bettis talking about Cutler

"Look, Jay: If you smell s--- everywhere you go, it just might be you."

Posted by: skinswest | November 23, 2009 6:42 PM | Report abuse

"Build a powerful line and not only will your running back situation improve, but also your passing game and your time of possession."

I'm tired of the 'journeymen saves the day' thinking process so many bloggas have.

The Vikings saw Brett Favre, knew they wanted a star, and went after him.

They paid to add a star in Steve Hutchinson to play guard.

They saw star potential in Percy Harvin and went after him.

They saw star potential in Jared Allen, they went after him.

Along the way, they scuttled Erasmus James, Tavaris Jackson, and Sage Rosenfel.

You don't go from good to great when your thinking is second rate is as good as first rate.

The skins need to add star on offense just as it has on defense.

Albert Haynesworth and DeAngelo Hall are high quality defensive players the team added.

Let's endorse the idea that the offense will improve when what's second rate isn't acceptable when money and talent that's first rate is out there to be had.

Posted by: MistaMoe | November 23, 2009 6:44 PM | Report abuse

I'm listening to the redskins QB coach (Zorn) and this guy cannot make a decision. He is speaking about Bett's injury: "He says that betts needs surgery and he may be down where i need to make a decision about IR". I'm not going to put him down (IR) today". When questioned further...he says " I don't expect him back". You punk a$$, just say that betts will go on IR

Posted by: kingpenn1 | November 23, 2009 6:44 PM | Report abuse

so true Cork. there is no bigger scheduling break a team can get than hosting a Thursday game. The other guys have to travel ... didn't AZ travel to philly last year and Seattle to dallas. Brutal.

The home team has a huge advantage on the short week, then another huge advantage because of the long layoff for the next game.

Posted by: zcezcest1 | November 23, 2009 6:47 PM | Report abuse

Zorn probably can't/won't say whether he's going on IR because he's not making that decision Vinny is. When Vinny makes it official than Zorn will be more "decisive" about it. My guess anyway.

Posted by: skinswest | November 23, 2009 6:50 PM | Report abuse

Moe, I agree with you. Problem is, we have so far to go to get there. Need that O line in place before much else happens.

To me, this next draft and off season (and the remainder of this season, if you saw my earlier posting)is about laying the foundation for O Line Dominance. I don't think we will complete that task until 2011 at the soonest.

So talking about which superstar RB or Safety or QB to draft this year is a year too early IMO. Lets build one KICKAZZ road grating O line, then fill in the game changers that we weren't able to pick up by then.

Not saying we only draft O line, just saying it is #1 priority over ANYTHING else if the pick is a decent value. Especially in the early rounds.

Next year, we can fight about QB's, RB's and whoever else the gang wants to spar over. That would be a lot of fun.

Posted by: edvar | November 23, 2009 6:55 PM | Report abuse

It all boils down to TD's and W's.

Posted by: 1965skinsfan | November 23, 2009 6:24 PM | Report abuse

fair enough. Though I'd argue some td passes are the 3yd variety at the goal line that could have been runs. Agree though, wins aren't debatable...which is another reason I never liked cutler. I'm inclined to keep Campbell because I don't see much else out there and don't want to take a qb first round. I also still think he can be a very good pro. There's room to debate on that though.

Posted by: AdamCr | November 23, 2009 6:56 PM | Report abuse

The list of Former Redskins continues to grow?:

Ladell Betts
James Thrash
Jon Jansen
Randy Thomas
Chris Samuels
Casey Rabach
Antawn Randel El
Mike Sellars
Renaldo Wynn
Cornelius Griffin
Todd Collins

Maybe some of these will be a journeyman type savior for a team with stars added via trades and drafting.

But their days in burgandy 'n gold should be over.

Emphasis on 'should be'.

Posted by: MistaMoe | November 23, 2009 7:00 PM | Report abuse

It all boils down to TD's and W's.

Posted by: 1965skinsfan

Dude, please! JC is better than both of these QBs. All of those Cutler INTs in the red zone aren't from tipped balls.

Posted by: dcwun | November 23, 2009 7:03 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Diesel44

Since when does completing 65% of your passes qualify you as being inaccurate?

Posted by: dcwun | November 23, 2009 7:05 PM | Report abuse

edvar

"Need that O line in place before much else happens."

No doubts about that here.

But if we got players coming off the books and six drafts picks, I'm wondering why all folks fixate on is adding linemen.

You can spend Haynesworth-type money and find a free agent right guard and tackle.

Pay Levi Jones to stay.

Draft Ciron Black to play behind Levi.

Let Edwin Williams earn the starting center job: that kid played guard better than anybody else who played there this year outside of Thomas.

Make Stephon Heyer your back up vet tackle.

Your offensive line is on the road to recovery.

And you add more players as time unfolds.

And guess what?: you still have five picks to draft a running back, quarterback, middle linebacker, and whatever else you deem a need.

Again: explain the offensive line fixation.

Posted by: MistaMoe | November 23, 2009 7:07 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: MistaMoe | November 23, 2009 6:44 PM | Report abuse

Amen. We've been coying ourselves into believe santana moss is a no.1 receiver. The dude is a beast, but he is a flanker at BEST. He is most dangerous in the slot. How can you run a wco with a starting wideout who's 5'9? Oh yeah, and it's all Zorn's fault?!? Jesus. FML.

Posted by: BMACattack | November 23, 2009 7:10 PM | Report abuse

Again: explain the offensive line fixation.

Posted by: MistaMoe

We already have a middle/late round QB that everyone was in love with last year. Why waste another pick on one when we can get the O-line help. Fix the O-line and you fix most of the offensive issues.

Posted by: dcwun | November 23, 2009 7:15 PM | Report abuse

Again: explain the offensive line fixation.

OK

Levi Jones is not dominant, he is serviceable.

Edwin Williams is not dominant, he will be good depth. Yes, he played better than the schmoes we had in there, but let's set the bar a little higher than that.

Stephon Heyer will have to earn the job of back up after watching him repeatedly cave in on pass protection. I don't keep him, myself.

We don't have anybody to play RG on the roster, let alone his back up. (maybe Williams, but I'm not holding my breath)

Remember, the word is dominance, not good, not serviceable - Dominant. Burn some draft picks, sign some FA's, but set the bar high. We will need to invest some picks and a year or two, but the dividends will pay off for much longer.

Spend your Haynesworth money on a QB if you can find one.

Posted by: edvar | November 23, 2009 7:17 PM | Report abuse

Yeah, forget to mention Rabach is done and Dockery should not be allowed to get too comfortable.

Posted by: edvar | November 23, 2009 7:18 PM | Report abuse

Spend your Haynesworth money on a QB if you can find one.

Posted by: edvar

Easier said than done. What FA QB available is worth Haynesworth money? What free agent QB is better than what we have?

Posted by: dcwun | November 23, 2009 7:21 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: TheCork

On that note--was it me, or did it look like the Dallas lines (and Ware) look just plain bigger and more bruising than ours on both sides of the ball? We did get our licks in, but where's the beef? BMW excluded, I didn't get him in on the comparison.

Posted by: RomoLongballs | November 23, 2009 7:28 PM | Report abuse

I didn't realize Betts "played the game the way its supposed to be played"

get off your horse J Reid

is that another little jab at Portis, or what

How bout you worry about your game tough guy

Posted by: pabrian2003 | November 23, 2009 7:29 PM | Report abuse

I have another question. We all keep saying we need a MLB. Why isn't H.B. Blades even being considered for the job? I've been impressed with him everytime he plays.

Posted by: PAskinsfan17 | November 23, 2009 7:31 PM | Report abuse

It all boils down to TD's and W's.

Posted by: 1965skinsfan

Smiles and cries, right?

Posted by: RomoLongballs | November 23, 2009 7:32 PM | Report abuse

sorry, '65, I was skimming and thought you were talking bout TD's and INTs. Balls.

Posted by: RomoLongballs | November 23, 2009 7:37 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: PAskinsfan17

Why? Because just like Snyder, some folks here fall in love with everyone else's players and not appreciate their own.

Posted by: dcwun | November 23, 2009 7:39 PM | Report abuse

Yeah, you're right, and so is Moe to an extent. I'd rather build through the draft and enjoy the longevity and economy of that strategy. But blending his ideas about going after game changers through FA is how you complete the deal. The important thing is to make the commitment to overhauling the O line in two years.

Posted by: edvar | November 23, 2009 7:40 PM | Report abuse

edvar

"Remember, the word is dominance, not good, not serviceable - Dominant."

Dominance takes a couple of seasons of rebuilding.

And--btw: I think Edwin Williams is good.

Posted by: MistaMoe | November 23, 2009 7:42 PM | Report abuse

Moe, No one can be first rate behind a third? forth? rate line. It's just the way the sport works.

Posted by: mack1 | November 23, 2009 7:45 PM | Report abuse

How come edwin williams is so good all of the sudden?

I hope he is, too, but he didn't beat out Williams, rinehart, or monty initially

Posted by: pabrian2003 | November 23, 2009 7:58 PM | Report abuse

there are no easy schedules, we lost to detroit and kc beat pitt

Posted by: pabrian2003 | November 23, 2009 7:59 PM | Report abuse

Since when does completing 65% of your passes qualify you as being inaccurate?

Posted by: dcwun | November 23, 2009 7:05 PM

C'MON MAN.. Stats lie and JC rarely hits a receiver in stride. Just about every throw prevents the receiver from turning up field.

Here's a stat for you since the JC defenders like to cling to stats.
While JC is completing 66% of his passes which ranks him 8th; he is 16th in QB rating, 21st in TDs, 21st in YPG, and while there is no stat for this he leads the league in indecisiveness..

Posted by: Diesel44 | November 23, 2009 8:04 PM | Report abuse

Here's a stat for you since the JC defenders like to cling to stats.

Posted by: Diesel44

you c'mon man you dog the good stats and then push the bad ones, he's also 1st in 1st down %. and a receiver in stride?, a receiver?!, receiver!? Get a line first judge the QB later. If you lose Campbell you have to out someone better out there. Word has it Cutler and Sanchez aren't lookin so hot

Posted by: pabrian2003 | November 23, 2009 8:12 PM | Report abuse

Here's a stat for you since the JC defenders like to cling to stats.

Posted by: Diesel44

Some stats lie. There is no glossing over completion %. But for the JC haters, there is no defense I could offer because it wouldn't change your mind.

Who would you suggest as our QB? Your choice amongst all of the available FA's.

Posted by: dcwun | November 23, 2009 8:14 PM | Report abuse

JC played his best game of the year and we put 6 points on the board. Yes...the OL is in the discussion as one of the worst in the league and yet he was only sacked ONCE.

Admit it...His best just isn't good enough.

Posted by: Diesel44 | November 23, 2009 8:15 PM | Report abuse

Admit it...His best just isn't good enough.

Posted by: Diesel44

so whose going to be better, smart guy?

Posted by: pabrian2003 | November 23, 2009 8:17 PM | Report abuse

we should be more worried about Collins retiring than Campbell

Posted by: pabrian2003 | November 23, 2009 8:19 PM | Report abuse

Admit it...His best just isn't good enough.

Posted by: Diesel44

Did you see some of the plays he made avoiding sacks yesterday? Hows Cutler or Sanchez working out? You wanted them wearing maroon and black this year didn't you?

Posted by: dcwun | November 23, 2009 8:19 PM | Report abuse

we should be more worried about Collins retiring than Campbell

Posted by: pabrian2003 | November 23, 2009 8:19 PM | Report abuse

Collins sucks get over it.

Posted by: PAskinsfan17 | November 23, 2009 8:20 PM | Report abuse

Well Diesel, who would you like to see as the QB?

Posted by: dcwun | November 23, 2009 8:21 PM | Report abuse

we should be more worried about Collins retiring than Campbell

Posted by: pabrian2003 | November 23, 2009 8:19 PM | Report abuse

Collins sucks get over it.

Posted by: PAskinsfan17

I mean we need a back up, tard

Posted by: pabrian2003 | November 23, 2009 8:22 PM | Report abuse

Pabrian - aka Mama Portis and Diesel are kind of both right. JC doesn't sucks but he also won't win a game for you. But here's the issue for all those saying that he should be resigned to a low ball deal. If another coach comes in, then he's likely to want to bring in his own QB. And JC's mechanics, shell shock, Zorn's crappy tutoring of him and inaccuracy on long balls isn't something another Coach might want to spend time fixing.

Posted by: ga8085 | November 23, 2009 8:26 PM | Report abuse

I suggest like everyone else that this OL is garbage and that Brady or Manning wouldn't make us a serious contender. We are more than one player away, more like 8-12.

JC is not completely at fault and should definitely be considered to be resigned since the FA market is weak at best. Just know that he is a middle of the pack starter that needs a lot of help to be average.

I'm on the record as saying we need the 2008 version of the draft only this time with OL.

Posted by: Diesel44 | November 23, 2009 8:27 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: ga8085
I've said it before, JC will be back next year with a 2 year deal for average QB money.

What QB is the new coach gonna bring in? Who's available? We always talk about rebuilding but we all know this fan base wouldn't tolerate consecutive 4-5 win seasons as we "re-build."

I find it funny the by most accounts JC will be the top FA QB available and some talk as though he is Heath Schuler.

Posted by: dcwun | November 23, 2009 8:32 PM | Report abuse

I wasn't calling for Cutler or Sanchez in the offseason.

We should all be thrilled that the ineptness of our FO left us with out the resources to make a move for either of these turnover machines.

While trading that 2nd rounder for Jason Taylor was moronic and shortsighted it was only a 1 year mistake that prevented a long-term mistake with those dopes.

Posted by: Diesel44 | November 23, 2009 8:34 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Diesel44

Sounds like an endorsement! No one is saying that JC will become Peyton, Brady, Brees, or even Rivers, but he can be pretty good. O-line is the cure all for the offense. The run and pass game will be better off.

Posted by: dcwun | November 23, 2009 8:36 PM | Report abuse

even bringing in a new QB it would be good for that new guy to have to beat out JC for the job, Collins should retire, and Colt is a big ?

Posted by: pabrian2003 | November 23, 2009 8:40 PM | Report abuse

dcwun...

"you wanted them wearing maroon and black this year didn't you?"

Are you talking about Florida State? My bad I thought you were talking about the Burgundy and Gold.

Posted by: Diesel44 | November 23, 2009 8:40 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Diesel44

i wasn't implying that you were calling for Cutler and Sanchez, I was implying that it would be hard to get someone better than JC. Name a name.

Posted by: pabrian2003 | November 23, 2009 8:42 PM | Report abuse

I wasn't calling for Cutler or Sanchez in the offseason.

Posted by: Diesel44

Now, I fully agree with you. Could you imagine if we gave mortgaged the farm for that Cutler dude? That would have set us back at least 3 years.

Posted by: dcwun | November 23, 2009 8:42 PM | Report abuse

dcwun...

"you wanted them wearing maroon and black this year didn't you?"

Posted by: Diesel44

Hey, that's how Zorn described our colors when he was hired. I'm just following the coach.....for about 5-8 more weeks.

Hail getting back to wearing Burgundy and Gold!

Posted by: dcwun | November 23, 2009 8:47 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: dcwun | November 23, 2009 8:32 PM | Report abuse

A new coach might just have his eye on a young backup that might fit his system better, its too early to tell at this point. If they bring back JC I'm all for it, let him compete for the starting spot. But he must improve on his decision making and deep ball accuracy, there's no excuse for that. And I'm not sold on Colt Brennan..

Posted by: ga8085 | November 23, 2009 8:52 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: pabrian2003

I'm hoping that the newly hired GM that independently hires a coach will find a QB that fits his system. Unlike JC who was drafted to run Gibbs offense and who is poorly suited to run Zorn's chicken poop version of the WCO.

JC makes the most sense short-term given the FA market and the simple fact that we need to draft starting caliber OL early and often in the draft.

There isn't a QB I would draft early.
Locker: most upside but not ready
Tebow: Greatest college player ever. Now go practice playing TE/FB
Bradford: Wouldn't last 4 games w/ our OL
McCoy: best suited for WCO and lacks arm strength

So I agree with you. Just don't make JC out to be anything but woefully average.

Posted by: Diesel44 | November 23, 2009 8:57 PM | Report abuse

Man it is so tough 2 post 2day.

I still haven't reached my 1 year anniversary posting here on RI, so I'm fairly new; Now that the playoffs are officially outta da picture, does that = RI offseason, where several posters disappear til Free Agency?

Posted by: Vicc | November 23, 2009 9:22 PM | Report abuse

EFF DALLAS!!!one11!
~

Posted by: ifthethunderdontgetya | November 22, 2009 3:43 PM

`
WoWie. I was wondering where you've been--even asked about you in a earlier thread..I've missed you once again.
~
~
~

Posted by: Vicc | November 23, 2009 9:26 PM | Report abuse

AT LEAST SUISHAM IS PERFECT ON SCOREBOARD

Place kicker Shaun Suisham made field goals of 30 and 35 yards and he is 12 for 12 on the season. Could he go perfect for the whole season?

...yada...yada...yada...

By Barry Svrluga | November 15, 2009; 7:20 PM ET

`
Thanx Barry.

Now that you're question is answered, please refrain from asking rhetorical questions.

Jus in case you're new to sports: Superstition is a part of them.

Posted by: Vicc | November 23, 2009 9:33 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: mack1

`
Can you at least provide an example?

Or I'll just settle for be more specific.

Ben Roethlisberger 'is to' your theory

Gandhi 'is to' Darwinism.

Posted by: Vicc | November 23, 2009 9:41 PM | Report abuse

"Dominance takes a couple of seasons of rebuilding.

A servicable o-line plus next year's easy schedule (due to this year's bad record) is a good way to get to moving in the right direction."

Moe -

I'm not saying you are wrong, I'm just I'd rather invest a year or two and walk away with a dominant O line then settle for serviceable and continue to chase 8-8 & 9-7

Posted by: edvar | November 23, 2009 9:42 PM | Report abuse

Peyton Manning has played behind 10+ different starting O-linemen over the course of his career. Including several occasions where backups filled in for injured starters.

Are the Colts that good at drafting O-linemen or is

Peyton Manning Good.

Are the Colts that good at drafting WR's and RB's or is

Peyton Manning Good.

`
Damn, I jus opened a can o worms with this one.

except it is 'RI Offseason' and maybe no1 will read it.

Posted by: Vicc | November 23, 2009 9:46 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Vicc

Payton Manning ain't walking thru that door and if he was available in the draft...Vinny would draft Ryan Leaf.

Posted by: Diesel44 | November 23, 2009 9:49 PM | Report abuse

*cigarette break*

Be back in a quickie..

Posted by: Vicc | November 23, 2009 9:50 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Diesel44

LMAO

Rick Pitino cracked me up with that one.

I evened took that speech and reposted it as if Jim Zorn said it(while replacing Celtic players with Redskin players)awhile back.

RedDMV critized me for it and I put him in his place that day.

Posted by: Vicc | November 23, 2009 9:53 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: edvar | November 23, 2009 9:42 PM

Agree. This offseason and draft should be about the OLine. This must be a priority. And in 2011.

But no QB should be drafted before 2011. And regardless of the QB argument here, JC needs to be tendered and re-signed if no other team wants him to compete for the starting job next year.

The only positions I could stomach being taken in the second rd (1st should only be LT) is rb, cb or slb though a good rb could be had in the later rounds.

Time to finally do this the right way, fix the OL.

Posted by: Skins930 | November 23, 2009 9:53 PM | Report abuse

Or you'd be saying "...failures like Shuler, Frerotte, and Manning..."

Posted by: daggar | November 23, 2009 9:54 PM | Report abuse

Would love to have a Chris Johnson. Love watching that dude run.

Posted by: Skins930 | November 23, 2009 9:58 PM | Report abuse

Option football in the pros. Love it.

Posted by: Skins930 | November 23, 2009 10:00 PM | Report abuse

Or you'd be saying "...failures like Shuler, Frerotte, and Manning..."

Posted by: daggar | November 23, 2009 9:54 PM

In English please..

Frerotte a failure? Dude was a 7th round pick and played 10+years.

Problem is we have had more success with late round QB's then early picks.

Posted by: Diesel44 | November 23, 2009 10:07 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: MistaMoe | November 23, 2009 7:42 PM |

Easy scheds are more myth than reality. Every team has 14 fixed games - 6 div games and 8 with two other divs. That leaves 2 games open for cups and many times a cup the previous season becomes pdg the next season. Plus the Skinz play in a tough div (6 games), so I don't that possibility materializing to any signif deg.

Posted by: TheAnimalFarm | November 23, 2009 10:08 PM | Report abuse

Betts: 'I'm on the road to recovery'

Hey, goody goody gum drop. The reality is that going into the arf season the Skinz two primary RBs will be old, slow and recovering from major injuries. With Port-0-let, in addition to the conk, he has bones spurs that need attention, prob surgery. So that means that in a normal sit RB would be your focus in the draft but with the Skinz and the draft, unfortunate the RB prob has to take a back seat to the OL prob, which is even worse.

Posted by: TheAnimalFarm | November 23, 2009 10:15 PM | Report abuse

Ughhh! I couldn't stand Frerotte. What a bone head pick-my receiver-coming-out-of-the-huddle, what?...there's a left side of the field too QB!

Norv Turners offense never worked as well as it did when Trent Greene ran it.

Posted by: edvar | November 23, 2009 10:20 PM | Report abuse

Would love to have a Chris Johnson. Love watching that dude run.

Posted by: Skins930

We had him a long time ago. His name was Clinton Portis; Clinton Portis needs to lose 15-20 pounds. It was fun watching him evolve into a bruiser, but lately that style has him oft-injured. He's only 28 years old. He's not done.

Don't laugh;p

But there is no guaranteeing Chris Johnson or even Adrian Peterson will have the same career Clinton Portis has had thus far. Injuries are a part of the game and Clinton Portis has been one of the TOUGHEST players in the NFL. Up until this season, Clinton had only missed 9 games with the Redskins.

I've never blamed the O-line for Portis' struggles just like I've never blamed them for Jason Campbell's.

But sum here on this blog, and I won't mention names, will argue bad O-line play as a reason Jason Campbell is not successful, but won't give CP the same leverage?

It's late Autumn and 'flip-flopping' season is over.

Posted by: Vicc | November 23, 2009 10:21 PM | Report abuse

I was under the impression that Jason Campbell will not be returning to this team next season, so who are the list of free agents again?

Posted by: Vicc | November 23, 2009 10:28 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Skins930 | November 23, 2009 10:30 PM | Report abuse

It's late Autumn and 'flip-flopping' season is over.

Posted by: Vicc

Portis was a very good player and as any ageing RB there comes a time when all the hits catch up to them. Rb's never have any sort of longevity.

The recent play of Betts and Rock would support the fact that he is done. Hopefully if 2010 is an uncapped year we can cut him and his terrible contract. This dude has made more money then any other RB in the history of the NFL and that should be thanks enough.

Posted by: Diesel44 | November 23, 2009 10:30 PM | Report abuse

isnt it weird that on the play where the cowboys got their TD, Andre Gurode (their center) was 5 yards illegally downfield? when romo released the ball, Gurode was on the 5 yard line when the 10 was the Line of scrimmage. Also, right next to Gurode, another Cowboys player chop-blocked a Redskins DT. and BOTH of these events occurred within 5 yards of an official LOOKING IN THE SAME DIRECTION.

ridiculous how that happened.

Posted by: kman2 | November 23, 2009 10:32 PM | Report abuse

ridiculous how that happened.

Posted by: kman2 | November 23, 2009 10:32 PM

Yes and we got held on almost every play and Dallas was only flaged once for holding.

And if my aunt had a crank, she would be my uncle.

We also only scored six points.

Posted by: Diesel44 | November 23, 2009 10:37 PM | Report abuse

Diesel44

I honestly don't believe Clinton Portis will be cut. If he is then what I'm saying is moot and will be forgotten. However, should we keep him and there is no way we don't go a few O-linemen in the draft(agreed?) then perhaps I'm wrong and maybe giving Clinton a better O-line will affect his play as well as Jason Campbell's.(agreed?)

Posted by: Vicc | November 23, 2009 10:37 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: kman2

Hahahahaha.

That was funny.

{I'm assuming you don't really believe what you posted, is the reason we lost}

*chuckle*

catching my breath.

Posted by: Vicc | November 23, 2009 10:41 PM | Report abuse

LoL

Vince Young and sum bum on da texans got into a shouting match and I'm pretty sure the camera caught Vince dropping da B-bomb.

Posted by: Vicc | November 23, 2009 10:43 PM | Report abuse

Vicc

Portis was never a leader and hates the preseason and practice. You can't win with him and this was when he was in his prime.

The 2010 version will be 3 steps slower, have even less vision, even less shimmy, and be even less of a leader.

The best case scenario for the future is an uncapped year and then we can unload 26, 82, and other overpaid underperformers.

Posted by: Diesel44 | November 23, 2009 10:44 PM | Report abuse

Now Rush Hour is on and Chris Tucker cracks me up.

Posted by: Vicc | November 23, 2009 10:45 PM | Report abuse

Frerotte a failure? Dude was a 7th round pick and played 10+years.

In Gus we Trust! How could you not root for a story like that?

But then, he took on Wall. And just like in tennis, Wall is tough.

Posted by: daggar | November 23, 2009 10:50 PM | Report abuse

PUNT zoron NOW!

Posted by: bhoang888 | November 23, 2009 10:50 PM | Report abuse

Frerotte a failure? Dude was a 7th round pick and played 10+years.

In Gus we Trust! How could you not root for a story like that?

But then, he took on Wall. And just like in tennis, Wall is tough.

Posted by: daggar | November 23, 2009 10:50 PM

Granted the dude was a rockhead but how many 7th rd picks last as long as him. If Shuler had half his career, he wouldn't be among the top 10 busts of all time.

Posted by: Diesel44 | November 23, 2009 10:55 PM | Report abuse

Frerotte stuck around as a journeyman back up with a big arm (and no brains...)

Posted by: edvar | November 23, 2009 11:01 PM | Report abuse

Wish him the best.

Posted by: AdamCr

That's what i'm talking about...F. JReid

Posted by: jcnjcnj | November 23, 2009 11:21 PM | Report abuse

"...where several posters disappear til Free Agency?"

Posters disappear?

Where do they go?

Posters are like roaches: they hide until the smoke of losing clears and return when they think it's safe to brag.

The fair weather fan and poster both hide under the same umbrella when times get tough.

I think some dudes come back under new screen names just so they can be complete dipsticks and freely insult people.

The mudslinging posters are the worst as they have nothing to offer but the bilge of their own bad ideas.

Then there are the dudes who post what you posted days ago, and then blame you for not believing their version of what you've already said.

I tend to read a select few--beantown, dikshuttle, flouder21, edvar, nooneintampa,johndinhouston,periculum, theCork, frak, brownwood, redDmv, p1funk, and scampbell1975--as they were on when I started and get where I'm coming from.

Folks say I'm from '..out of the box..' not knowing I live in a house of circular logic.

The morning is the best time to grind and post as most cats are at work slurping coffee and the chatta can be kinda cool to read.

By the end of the week, the football talk has died down, and dudes try to be funny: emphasis on try.

Otherwise, the annoying roaches take over, and people who have nothing to say post a lot of stuff that's a lot of empty nonsense.

Like most of what you just read.

I guess it's time to hide.

Posted by: MistaMoe | November 23, 2009 11:26 PM | Report abuse

Don't hide Moe. There's still so much to discuss.

Posted by: edvar | November 23, 2009 11:36 PM | Report abuse

Just rewatched the video, hadn't noticed the two Dallas guys illegally down field, guess I was just pissed they scored. Also on JCs INT it is very clear that Ware jumped offsides. However, if the Redskins could have made one of those FGs or got a TD the bad officating would not have matter. BTW is it just me or does officating in the league seem worst then usual this year?

Posted by: lifelongfan | November 23, 2009 11:50 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: MistaMoe | November 23, 2009 11:26 PM |

I disrespectfully disagree with you. After reading the nth mind-numbing post about Campbell's faults and shortcomings or the n+1th post about what an idiot Zorn is, it is nice to have the blog spiced up with some insult and attack posts. They are a nice change of pace and many of the attacks are clever and original thinking compared with usual dull and boring blog fare. Of course if you are the one being attacked, I suppose you would have a different POV. Alas, you can't please all of the people all of the time.

Posted by: TheAnimalFarm | November 23, 2009 11:57 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: MistaMoe | November 23, 2009 11:26 PM

Nice effort...I bet you wish your lot in life was more than a guy who is sometimes funny, however always thinks his take is not only right but that everybody is waiting for him to post on RI.

If only you applied yourself at something more marketable you wouldn't feel the need to put yourself in your own circle of elite RI lackeys.

Statistically speaking your posts come in at about a 50% success rate. Now what's it take to be as highly thought of as you think of yourself.

Dude, I'm joking but you have to admit you came across as quite the d**che.

Posted by: Diesel44 | November 23, 2009 11:59 PM | Report abuse

I'm just glad we're not still looking for Marty's email...

Posted by: edvar | November 24, 2009 12:01 AM | Report abuse

full disclosure: i'm a brady guy. and hate manning. but how can people keep saying that manning is the best ever when brady leads him in every stat? AND he did it without a randy moss/reggie wayne and a running game...what am i missing? are ex-jocks jeallous of his wife/girlfriend? and can relate to manning more?

Posted by: dealer1 | November 24, 2009 12:04 AM | Report abuse

I'm just glad we're not still looking for Marty's email...

Posted by: edvar | November 24, 2009 12:01 AM |

Got a spec script you want him to look at?

Posted by: TheAnimalFarm | November 24, 2009 12:06 AM | Report abuse

Dealer, you're saying Peyton did it with Reggie Wayne and Moss. I think you are a little confused. Brady has Moss, not Peyton.

Posted by: edvar | November 24, 2009 12:21 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: dealer1 | November 24, 2009 12:04 AM

I'm trying to process this...Ok done

You're gay for Brady. That's cool but Manning is better and Moss plays for the Pats. Also I'd like to bang all of his ex girlfriends and his wife.

Posted by: Diesel44 | November 24, 2009 12:22 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: MistaMoe | November 23, 2009 11:26 PM

~~hesitation~~

yeah you might wanna take brownwood off that list friendo. Now you can take my word for it or do the homework yourself, but I called his (-) azz out and questioned his fan-hood awhile back.

Of course he couldn't understand why someone would think he is not a redskin fan, seeing as that he never had nothing (+) to say about them, ever.

So I shovel his bullsh!t back at him while taking a shot at Democrats(***funny how i knew he was one)(**wink wink)(*i don't vote btw)

And wouldn't ya know it? He reacted in a similar fashion as I did when he constantly b!tched about the Redskins.

He accused me of being a Republican b/c I said something (-) about Democrats. Funny how that works..

brownwood lives off emotion, smiles and cries(thanx Romolongballs) and whatever he feels at the time is right even if its wrong like lying(thanx Lil Wayne)

leave him be Moe...leave him be

Posted by: Vicc | November 24, 2009 12:23 AM | Report abuse

Animalfarm, I guess you joined the blog after that D-bag troll who kept posting the same thing over and over asking for Marty's email and posting links to gay porn sites got the boot.

Missing him is like missing a migraine...

Posted by: edvar | November 24, 2009 12:24 AM | Report abuse

and you're a fc king idiot! what are you 5? how many superbowl rings does moss have and how many does brady have? how many years has brady been playing with moss? did he have edgerin james caliber back ever in his career?
wtf!!!!!????!!!!

Posted by: dealer1 | November 24, 2009 12:29 AM | Report abuse

Diesel44,

I think Moe was only joking also. Besides Moe forgot to mention a user named "littlegreenbag", whom Moe has a lot of respect.

Your creativity/snarkyness is worthy of posting during the day. You could entertain the daybloggers for hours. I'll handle the wolves at night.

Posted by: Vicc | November 24, 2009 12:32 AM | Report abuse

Nitey nite, I'm out.

Posted by: edvar | November 24, 2009 12:37 AM | Report abuse

wtf!!!!!????!!!!

Posted by: dealer1

Trying to process this as well.

What are you saying...
Moss plays with Brady and Brady plays with Moss.

Brady has three rings and Peyton has one. Is that your point.

Dude you're spliting hairs both QB's are HOF caliber. Has Peyton ever had a D half as good as Brady's.

As far as Resumes then I'd have to go with Brady...He's got a list of b**ches only second to Jeter.

Posted by: Diesel44 | November 24, 2009 12:38 AM | Report abuse

...D-bag troll...

Posted by: edvar

He/She still posts here edvar. Under the name all_star0032 (or something like that)

There's no telling how many other identities he/she posts under as well; Just a video game junkie who treats RI like Grand Theft Auto where criminal behaviour is rewarded and consequences are served and forgiven in purgatory.

Posted by: Vicc | November 24, 2009 12:42 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Vicc

Thanks I guess. Problem is I have spurtability and come and go as I please.

I'm more about talking about the topic at hand and not arguing with idiots who clearly have more experience at being an idiot and will wear you down and beat you with experience.

Posted by: Diesel44 | November 24, 2009 12:48 AM | Report abuse

manning didn't have good D's? the dude ruined awesome D's for seasons upon seasons. i still don't know who he went to that superbowl...actually i do. it was because of the D. not cuz of him. if i rember it correctly he threw something like 5 or 8 int's that postseason.

Posted by: dealer1 | November 24, 2009 1:03 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: dealer1 | November 24, 2009 1:03 AM

Dude, they will both end up in the HOF. I'd take Manning and you'd take Brady. We both win.

That's like arguing over two super models at the bar.

Best Regards...

Posted by: Diesel44 | November 24, 2009 1:09 AM | Report abuse

Thanks I guess. Problem is I have spurtability and come and go as I please.

Posted by: Diesel44 | November 24, 2009 12:48 AM

You're welcome I guess. I don't think you have a problem. Sheeeeett, I c^m and go as she pleases.

Posted by: Vicc | November 24, 2009 1:12 AM | Report abuse

Well I do believe I'm stealing happy hours(thanx Nick H.) posting at this time.

I thought I'd wait n see if MistaMoe got back from 7-11 yet; those microwavable burritos are the best.

When you're ready -- I'm patiently waiting.

(Moe's on my 'RI lackeys'[thanx Diesel] to read list)

Good Nite

Go Skins

Posted by: Vicc | November 24, 2009 1:19 AM | Report abuse

deez, that's sort of what i'm saying...why are people claiming that manning is the best ever to play the game and not even mentioning brady in that conversation...

Posted by: dealer1 | November 24, 2009 1:35 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: dealer1

Your love for Brady is not lost on me. Brady is great and so is Manning.

I'm a fan of the underdog and will always root for a 6th round pick over the 1st overall pick.

I'm just saying that Brady has and will always pull more wool then Manning....Advantage Brady. I just KNOW that if all things were equal that Manning is better and anybody that has ever played or watched the game would agree.

Just wondering why you continue to beat this dead horse when our QB is Jason Campbell.

Posted by: Diesel44 | November 24, 2009 1:49 AM | Report abuse

Beating dead horses is what we do best here on RI.

Posted by: Curzon417 | November 24, 2009 2:03 AM | Report abuse

True dat...but it's like going home with Jessica Alba or Jessica Biel. Both of which are on Jeter's resume.

Posted by: Diesel44 | November 24, 2009 2:19 AM | Report abuse

Zorn is out of his mind!
Fire Zorn, (yes I said it) after game 16 and don't even think about bringing in Gruden, Marty Snot, Kauer, or any of those retreads that the media keep hinting about for drama purposes. Show some class and interview real potential coaches/scouts with and eye for talent and the knowledge of how to play to the team strengths.
Fans should shout "Fire Vinny" at every game! (don't bother with Snyder because he is not selling in the near term and someone has to pay those salaries). Steal DT Sean Rogers from the Browns (the guy is a beast). He nixes FG's & XP's quite regularly. Steal any and everyone you can from the Steelers, Patriots, Colts, and Ravens front offices as well as scouts and players. Those teams, despite injuries are always in the hunt because of their roster depth smart coaches/scouts.
Zorn must go!
Vinny must go!

Posted by: jenksredskins | November 24, 2009 2:24 AM | Report abuse

diesel44

"Dude, I'm joking but you have to admit you came across as quite the d**che."

Thanks for the insult.

I try my best to annoy people with ill-timed humor and arrogance.

If I'm a d-bag, I'll do my best to be the best one here on RI Nation.

And from what I read from time to time, I've got lots of competition.

Posted by: MistaMoe | November 24, 2009 6:57 AM | Report abuse

Good luck Betts on your recovery!

That said, we now know we need linemen and running back.
Keep the coach if they kept Spurrier they can keep this coach.
GET A GM! GET A GM! GET A GM! GET A GM!

Posted by: shamken | November 24, 2009 7:54 AM | Report abuse

too bad , both he and portis are too old .

Posted by: cavalieri10 | November 24, 2009 9:27 AM | Report abuse