Gray believes Hall may play but wouldn't start

Cornerback DeAngelo Hall on Wednesday all but ruled himself out of Sunday's game against the undefeated New Orleans Saints because of a knee injury, saying he would need "a miracle" to be ready in time to play.

But secondary coach Jerry Gray today said that he still believes Hall might return to the lineup this week after sitting out the 27-24 loss to the Philadelphia Eagles on Sunday. Even if Hall were active for the game, Carlos Rogers and Fred Smoot would start at the corners, Gray said.

By Jason Reid  |  December 3, 2009; 2:48 PM ET
Categories:  Jason Reid
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Kelly says he and Thomas 'feed off each other'
Next: Haynesworth is likely to be available Sunday

Comments

he would need "a miracle" to be ready in time to play.

By Jason Reid | December 3, 2009; 2:48 PM ET

Woo-hoo! I believe in miracles! Next miracle, please: Skins get a new GM. Then, Brownwood gets a brain. "We're off to see the wizard, the wonderful Wizard of Oz...."

Posted by: League-Source | December 3, 2009 3:24 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: League-Source | December 3, 2009 3:24 PM | Report abuse

Does Red get a heart? Maybe JZ gets some courage!! Stay tuned.

Posted by: PAskinsfan17 | December 3, 2009 3:29 PM | Report abuse

"It all comes down to really recognition, where you're at on the field, the situation," Landry said. "Sometimes I don't make the best decisions of that. Sometimes I do go for the knockout instead of the sure tackle, but that all comes in the flow of the game. If I feel kind of hyped or so enthused and I try to knock somebody out. It's all part of playing football... I'm going to play my game," Landry said. "That's what I'm going to do." - Laron Landry

Way to stick to the ABCs of you, Laron Landry, you freakin' doofus. See, I wanna read something from the folks who say that he isn't a bust. His attitude and approach to things makes him a bust alone. If he had the mind to channel is emotions and play the f-ing game the way it should, he'd probably wouldn't whiff on tackles and have dumb-ass penalties called on him.

Laron Landry. All man right there... NOT!!! Boys think with their emotions: ("If I feel kind of hyped or so enthused and I try to knock somebody out. It's all part of playing football...")

Be a man Landry, and grow the f up!

Posted by: RedDMV | December 3, 2009 3:33 PM | Report abuse

By Golly, THIS bears reposting:

eff these polls

Posted by: jonthefisherman | December 3, 2009 8:32 AM

Polls are the second best thing on this site. Best thing, of course, is your fresh, insightful analysis. I live for the polls and for your comments.

Posted by: League-Source

Wow you sure are Mr. Snarkity-Snark today, with all your snarkity snarkin'. Lots of snark. Whats' the matter Snark got your tongue? Snark enough for you? How's it snarkin'? Take two and snark to right.

Posted by: TheCork |

Posted by: TheCork | December 3, 2009 3:34 PM | Report abuse

Didn't the naysayers and glass half empty types worry at the start of the season that Samuels and Randy Thomas wouldn't last the year, that Portis would get hurt again and Hall wasn't worth the money and that since Big Albert always missed a few games very year, he'd sure miss a few for the Redskins this year?

I guess you're laughing up your other shorts, now.

Posted by: TheCork | December 3, 2009 3:39 PM | Report abuse

There's that tapeworm again aka TheCork.

Whatever happened to "whatever you eat don't make me s***"?

Posted by: RedDMV | December 3, 2009 3:40 PM | Report abuse

Yes, Lanacaine is a miracle. D. Hall will discover it on Sunday. But seriously, why risk injuring the guy even more?

Posted by: RedSkinHead | December 3, 2009 3:42 PM | Report abuse

I don't know what it is about this team... but most other teams simply would not allow their players to give out their own injury reports -- and often, in direct contradiction to their coachses.

For example, can anyone imagine Bill Belichick or Mike Tomlin tolerating any of the daily drivel coming out from the likes of CP26 and DH23 on their presumed fitness and inclination to play?

It seems to be yet another indication of the lack of coaching authority and player accountability that seems so prevalent over in that anarchy known as Ashburn.

Posted by: Vic1 | December 3, 2009 3:42 PM | Report abuse

Be a man Landry, and grow the f up!

Posted by: RedDMV

YES!!!! And obviously Head Coach In Waiting Jerry Gray has helped LaRon to improve his attitude in order to make him a better player

Posted by: zcezcest1 | December 3, 2009 3:46 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Vic1

but would bellichek and tomlin work with cerrato and snyder, yeah , no

Posted by: pabrian2003 | December 3, 2009 3:49 PM | Report abuse

Vic1, Portis don't listen to his coach; Zorn says Portis listens to his body.

I tried that last night and after two drinks my body needs to just STFU, else I have some tuff mornings.

Posted by: Curzon417 | December 3, 2009 3:50 PM | Report abuse

I have to assume that Landry has free reign back there the way he plays , if the coach wanted him to calm down he would calm down or be benched

Posted by: pabrian2003 | December 3, 2009 3:51 PM | Report abuse

Vic1,

Mike Tomlin has players(Hines Ward) speculating about other players(Big Ben's) fitness to play. Don't think he is the best example for what you are trying to say.

Posted by: PortisPocketsStr8 | December 3, 2009 3:53 PM | Report abuse

WHERE IS THIS GUY FROM? IS ENGLISH HIS SECOND LANGUAGE?

Posted by: Incognito00 | December 3, 2009 3:54 PM | Report abuse

steinberg sux, his headline is esiason blames campbell, but his (boomers) quotes say that campbell shouldn't have to learn a new offense every year

mis headline-ing your lame article to dog the QB

you suck steinberg hope you get fired

Posted by: pabrian2003 | December 3, 2009 3:55 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: TheCork |

Ask not what your snark can do for you, but ask what you can do for your snark.

Your post seethes "jealousy". You thought I should name you as the best or second best thing about RI. It's not a gift -- you've got to earn it.

Posted by: League-Source | December 3, 2009 3:55 PM | Report abuse

Riiight, incog. Because grasping the English language is soooooo f-ing important for a football player... How about knocking what he does on the field? Who gives a damn about his grammar?

And, not to say I don't understand how passionate and serious you feel about the topic. I know you're serious because you've got all ten words in CAPS.

Posted by: RedDMV | December 3, 2009 4:00 PM | Report abuse

beep beep

Posted by: Curzon417 | December 3, 2009 4:04 PM | Report abuse

A a lifelong Redskins fan I gotta say...Its hard to root against this year's Saint. Great team, great story and a town that needs some good news. They are keeping the NFL interesting in this otherwise extremely disappointing year. That said, hope the Skins manage to find a way to pull it out against them.

Posted by: HughGRection | December 4, 2009 8:16 AM | Report abuse

A a lifelong Redskins fan I gotta say...Its hard to root against this year's Saints. Great team, great story and a town that needs some good news. They are keeping the NFL interesting in this otherwise extremely disappointing year. That said, hope the Skins manage to find a way to pull it out against them.

Posted by: HughGRection | December 4, 2009 8:16 AM | Report abuse