Haynesworth a game-time decision for Sunday

Pro Bowl defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth (ankle) will be listed as questionable for Sunday's game against the Dallas Cowboys at the new Cowboys Stadium, Coach Jim Zorn said today after practice at Redskins Park.

"Albert was on the treadmill today working," Zorn said. "It'll be a game-time decision whether he can go or not. I'm going to lean more toward having him up [active], seeing what he can do.

"I'm an optimistic person and I'm definitely going to wish that for myself with Albert because we'd love to have him on the field. But it will be a game-time situation."

By Jason Reid  |  November 20, 2009; 2:26 PM ET
Categories:  Jason Reid
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Portis sees another concussion specialist
Next: Bugel: Rinehart 'deserved a chance'

Comments

Conflicting reports on Albert Haynesworth
Posted by Michael David Smith on November 20, 2009 2:16 PM ET
Washington Redskins defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth is struggling with an ankle injury, and there are conflicting reports about whether he's healthy enough to play on Sunday against the Dallas Cowboys.

Scott Noll of ESPNDallas.com, citing comments that Redskins secondary coach Jerry Gray made Friday on Michael Irvin's radio show, reports that Haynesworth will play against the Cowboys.

But on the 2 p.m. Eastern broadcast of SportsCenter, ESPN reported that Haynesworth is unlikely to play because of his ankle injury.

Jason Reid of the Washington Post, meanwhile, reports that Redskins coach Jim Zorn said of Haynesworth's status, "I do believe that's going to be a game-time situation."

So despite the two ESPN reports, we don't know whether Haynesworth is playing or not. And we probably won't until Sunday.

Posted by: Curzon417 | November 20, 2009 2:32 PM | Report abuse

Michael: In my opinion, the third date is traditionally the one where... you have sex. Does Holly feel that way? I don't know. I will probably find out tonight. If she starts having sex with me I'll know for sure.

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | November 20, 2009 2:35 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | November 20, 2009 2:35 PM | Report abuse

My mom always said that a good girl does not put out till the third dates... I guess I never dated good girls.

Posted by: alex35332 | November 20, 2009 2:36 PM | Report abuse

JohnD, here's your chance...

Posted by: Curzon417 | November 20, 2009 2:42 PM | Report abuse

that's right Alex... those were men.

Welcome to tranny town. Population Alex!

Posted by: DikShuttle | November 20, 2009 2:46 PM | Report abuse

Well a woman who'll kiss on the very first date Is usually a hussy.
And a woman who'll kiss on the second time out Is anything but fussy.

But a woman who waits 'til the third time around,
Head in the clouds, feet on the ground!
She's the girl he's glad he's found--she's his

Shi-Poo-Pi! Shi-Poo-Pi! Shi-Poo-Pi! Shi-Poo-Pi!

The girl who's hard to get!

Posted by: mattsoundworld | November 20, 2009 2:47 PM | Report abuse

"I'm an optimistic person and I'm definitely going to wish that for myself with Albert because we'd love to have him on the field."

Hey, Jim, maybe you should just stop talking now, okay?

Posted by: NateinthePDX | November 20, 2009 2:50 PM | Report abuse

Who let Peter Griffin (th?) in here?!

Posted by: DikShuttle | November 20, 2009 2:51 PM | Report abuse

oh, too easy

Posted by: JohnDinHouston | November 20, 2009 2:55 PM | Report abuse

He just stopped in to say hello.

Posted by: mattsoundworld | November 20, 2009 2:55 PM | Report abuse

Technically isn't that from Music Man? I only know that thanks to a girl friend working in theatre.

Posted by: alex35332 | November 20, 2009 3:02 PM | Report abuse

Big Al will play. He can't sit on the bench after pushing everyone else to step up. I imagine he will take more time off than usual, especially if they get up or if his ankle gets worse as the game progresses. Look for Big Al to lay on the turf after a few plays but that won't be because of the ankle, even though it might look like that on TV - that will be Big Al getting a big breather.

Posted by: RedSkinHead | November 20, 2009 3:02 PM | Report abuse

beeps

Posted by: Curzon417 | November 20, 2009 3:03 PM | Report abuse

I'm an optimistic person, I'm going to lean more towards wanting to beat the Cowboys on Sunday. I will curse Tony Romo in a medium to possibly slightly high scream, if my throat allows, but it's a game time decision. I wore my Arrington jersey last week and it seemed to bring some luck, I've worked hard at keeping it on it's hanger in the closet and whether I wear it again we will have to see. It looked really good on me in practice today.

Posted by: iH8dallas | November 20, 2009 3:07 PM | Report abuse

FYI,

If you have not heard LaVar's interview with Riggo yet 3 parts are up on Riggo's You-tube site. He goes into the details of his falling out with Dan Snyder. Highlights, at one point LaVar thought of Snyder as a brother. Goes into details about what happened with the contract dispute.

We all know LaVar was bitter about something, but you get a better idea for what happened. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNm-Hf3JlwA&feature=channel

Posted by: alex35332 | November 20, 2009 3:17 PM | Report abuse