Here's What Happened/Here's What I Think

In today's packed edition of Here's what happened/Here's what I think, The Mayor declares the competition is over for the fifth wide receiver position, gives some love to Marcus Mason, comments on a surprising Devin Thomas sighting and previews the climactic final round in the Colt Brennan-Chase Daniel battle. As always, let's roll.

Here's what happened: Impressive rookie wideout Marko Mitchell catches a 33-yard touchdown pass in Saturday's 27-24 loss to the New England Patriots and threw a key downfield block on Chris Cooley's 73-yard catch-and-run play.

Here's what I think: Congratulations, Marko Mitchell, you have made the Washington Redskins' opening 53-man roster. Although Coach Jim Zorn and his assistants still are saying the competition is open for the fifth wideout job, Mitchell is a lock to make the team.

The star of training camp, Mitchell ratcheted up his game in the preseason, seizing opportunities to make plays. He teamed with Brennan on a nifty 33-yard touchdown, which was his second touchdown reception in as many weeks. Mitchell's downfield block helped Cooley gain at least another 20 yards.

With a chance to deliver on special teams late in the fourth quarter, Mitchell failed to wrap up Patriots punt returner Patrick Chung, whose 33-yard return set up the game-winning field goal. Instead of being giddy about everything he did well, Mitchell focused on his disappointment about the missed tackle and said he would work harder in that area.

Maybe it's just me, but it's easy to root for a seventh-round draft pick (selected 243rd overall) who takes the approach he does. That's one of the many reasons he's a keeper for the Redskins.

Here's what happened: Running back Marcus Mason continued to show the type of burst and elusiveness the coaching staff wants in a change-of-pace running back. He also threw a key block on Jason Campbell's four-yard touchdown run.

Here's what I think: Zorn and offensive coordinator Sherman Smith have plans for a speed back - if one made the roster. Mason is the top candidate, and the former Georgetown Prep standout continued to make a strong case against the Patriots for his inclusion.

In large part because of his deficiencies in pass protection, Mason did not make the Redskins' roster out of the preseason last season. He appears to be in a similar position this season because the staff is committed to top back Clinton Portis. Backup Ladell Betts will be the third-down back, and Rock Cartwright is a standout on special teams.

In order to make the team, Mason probably would have to unseat Cartwright as a return specialist. That would be extremely difficult, considering Mason does not return kicks. But he definitely knows how to make things happen in the running game and still is in the mix for a roster spot.

Here's what happened: A non-factor in the first two preseason game, second-year wide receiver Devin Thomas returned to life against the Patriots. With Cartwright sidelined because of a groin injury, Thomas averaged 26.3 yards on three kickoffs as the team's primary kick returner. He also had three receptions for 36 yards while being aggressive against the defense.

Here's what I think: It's about time. Thomas could have put a stranglehold on the starting flanker spot early in camp, but he just didn't take advantage of his lead over fellow second-year wideout Malcolm Kelly headed into the preseason. Kelly caught up to Thomas and they have one preseason game remaining to help Zorn make a decision. If Thomas had continued to sleepwalk against the Patriots, Kelly definitely would have been the main guy opposite top wideout Santana Moss on Sept. 13 against the New York Giants at Giants Stadium. Now, at least, there's still a race.

Here's what happened: Rookie Chase Daniel helped himself in the quarterback competition without playing as Colt Brennan continued to hurt himself.

Here's what I think: If I didn't know better, I'd think Brennan was trying to run himself out of town. But I've talked to the kid. I believe he really cares about being an effective quarterback. It's just that things aren't going well for him at the worst time possible to make the roster.

Brennan's decision-making throughout the preseason has been, to put it kindly, poor. There was the 99-yard interception return during the third quarter in which Brennan didn't see Jonathan Wilhite closing in coverage on D.J. Hackett. That simply can't happen.

On third and seven at New England's 28-yard line late in the fourth, Brennan was sacked for a six-yard loss. In that situation, the main thing Brennan has to avoid is taking a sack. Not surprisingly, Zorn was hot. His mood didn't improve when place place kicker Shaun Suisham missed a potential 52-yard tiebreaking field goal on the next play.

Brennan and Daniel will play the majority of the final preseason game Thursday night against the Jacksonville Jaguars. Despite Brennan's missteps throughout the preseason, I still believe Zorn wants him to be the No. 3 quarterback. Daniel's height (he's generously listed at 6 feet in the Redskins media guide) could cap his potential in this league, and Brennan possesses the talent to become at least a No. 2 quarterback.

But Brennan has to make better decisions. It's one thing to be a wild card, which the coaching staff has accepted about Brennan. It's quite another to be so reckless the coaching staff can't take the chance to have you on the field.

Here's what happened: Patriots wideout Randy Moss repeatedly beat cornerback DeAngelo Hall on a variety of routes. Hall had a very rough outing, which included being called for a 15-yard facemask penalty on Moss.

Here's what I think: The good thing for Hall and the Redskins is they don't have to worry about facing Moss again, and Plaxico Burress and Terrell Owens no longer play in the NFC East.

Moss is a future Hall of Famer, arguably the most dominant wideout of this era, and he has embarrassed top-notch corners throughout his career. But the Redskins' No. 1 corner, who received roughly $23 million guaranteed this offseason, has to perform better than he did against Moss. And Hall's facemask penalty on third down, which extended a drive that ended in a 27-yard touchdown pass from quarterback Tom Brady to Moss, was simply unacceptable for a team leader even in a preseason game.

Here's what happened: Quarterback Jason Campbell went 13 of 22 for 209 yards and had a four-yard touchdown run against the New England Patriots.

Here's what I think: I never understood the hysteria about Campbell's 1 for 7 against the Pittsburgh Steelers. I know a lot of people don't think much of Campbell, but he's not that bad. Not even close. Actually, he's clearly the best quarterback on the Redskins, or so Coach Jim Zorn says.

Here ' s what happened: Defensive coordinator Greg Blache blows up at Trevor Matich during Comcast SportsNet postgame show

Here's what I think: Apparently, Blache didn't want to provide his opinion of the Redskins' pass rush. I really enjoy speaking with Blache, who is among the most insightful and witty coaches I've ever covered. But Blache was out of line for his reaction to a very fair question.

All Matich asked Blache to do was give his opinion about the pass rush. As with most things, there's a back story to Blache's reaction. Although the Redskins have ranked among the league's top defenses during Blache's tenure, they have struggled to pressure quarterbacks. Blache, formerly the team's defensive line coach, has expressed anger in the past in response to questions about the team's lack of a consistent pass rush. His attack on Matich, however, was off the charts.

By Jason Reid  |  August 30, 2009; 3:00 PM ET
Categories:  Jason Reid
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Haynesworth Absent for Start of Practice
Next: Haynesworth Update, and Other Personnel Matters

Comments

Fincher Cut -- I think the 'Skins are out of it.

Posted by: talent_evaluator | August 30, 2009 3:03 PM | Report abuse

For sale

Posted by: RlTCA | August 30, 2009 3:03 PM | Report abuse

Well TE, at least you didn't say 1st. I put the spot up for sale in case anyone wanted to have that honor, but you beat me to it.

Posted by: RlTCA | August 30, 2009 3:04 PM | Report abuse

Redskins win the east

Posted by: lavararrington | August 30, 2009 3:05 PM | Report abuse

His attack on Matich, however, was off the charts.

By Jason Reid | August 30, 2009; 3:00 PM ET

I agree. It would be nice to see him man up like Sellars did and admit that he made a mistake.

Posted by: talent_evaluator | August 30, 2009 3:09 PM | Report abuse

Marko is a lock to make the team!!! :D I have a feeling he'll be a fan favorite very soon.

Posted by: rachel216 | August 30, 2009 3:13 PM | Report abuse

I have to disagree with you Blache. I watch the interview and totally agree with him. Guys who more than likely never played the game want to come off as if they have a better understand of the game then he does. If you going throw stuff out there you better be able to man up and catch as well.

Posted by: jm220 | August 30, 2009 3:17 PM | Report abuse

Fincher Cut -- I think the 'Skins are out of it.

Posted by: talent_evaluator | August 30, 2009 3:03 PM

Fincher is a special team standout , and I think the Skins did him a favor to cut him early so that he can catch on to another team. I believe that's just a show of some type of respect in this case, same as Jon Jensen.

Posted by: abxinc | August 30, 2009 3:21 PM | Report abuse

Guys who more than likely never played the game ...

Posted by: jm220 | August 30, 2009 3:17 PM

Trevor Matich played in the NFL for 12 years, three years for the Redskins. He knows the game.

It's Blache's job to answer questions, and it's Matich's job to ask them. People tune in to listen to Blache answer questions, not to hear journalists answer them.

Posted by: talent_evaluator | August 30, 2009 3:21 PM | Report abuse

I wish this dude would stop referring to himself as "The Mayor".

Posted by: wdhart3 | August 30, 2009 3:24 PM | Report abuse

The Skins have some glaring problems on Special teams coverage. It looks like Fincher was not pulling his weight and did not stand out enough on LB. I think he was pencilled in at SLB but the upside from Wilson and Orapko means he was expendable. I haven't got a clue about Clark, Marquardt, or Grant. I caught Marquardt's number once or twice but I saw nothign that made his play memorable. Hagans showed a little spark but the play of O'Mitchell means one reciever had to go today. Hagans was a converted QB so he could be back on the practice squad.. he had a big hill to climb. I saw one or two decent special teams tackles on coverage including one great hit by Kevin Barnes and a lot of head knocking by Lorezo Alexander. Congrats to them for their play but the team coverage has to improve.

Posted by: iseyij | August 30, 2009 3:26 PM | Report abuse

matich may not have ever played defense, but he played OL/LS in the NFL
he clearly understands the concept of pressure on the offensive line
Blache was an idiot in his responses.
the question was legitimate and there were many reasonable options for providing a "non answer" and sidestepping the question
for example:
this is preseason and we dont want to tip our plans to eventual opponents
or
this is preseason and we want to see what individual players can do in their one on one matchups
Blache's surly country bumpkin act has worn thin..

Posted by: shally | August 30, 2009 3:29 PM | Report abuse

Agreed Ise that the special team coverage has to improve.

Posted by: jm220 | August 30, 2009 3:29 PM | Report abuse

I agree with Blache, All of us get sick and tired of answering the same question over and over. Matich is a two-bit broadcaster that didn't have a rebuttal to Blache's response. It is not Blache's job to give stale answers, he gave an answer to Matich's question that he didn't like.

Posted by: wdhart3 | August 30, 2009 3:35 PM | Report abuse

Oh God, now all you dumbies are going to be crying about how they cut Fincher just like how you cried about Leigh Torrance. Here's a news flash for you...they suck! Just like all you skins haters brains, they are mushy and soft and incredibly stupid.

Posted by: BMACattack | August 30, 2009 3:37 PM | Report abuse

The first round of cuts are paainless and brainless as they tend to be performed on the obvious add-on players.

Next week, though, we expect some big vet name to drop.

Sadly, some beloved redskin player will be see tossing his gear into the same garbage this post belongs in.

But who will stay, who will go?

(INSERT image of Zorn and Vinny in the redskin team offices sweating over names, spongebob episodes, and sal cap numbers as worried soap opera music whines in the back drop)

Will it be Rock or Betts?

(Cue in worried soap organ music increases)

Will the Cult O' Colt get more time to dazzle the non-informed Mid-Atlantic, surfer boy lovin' football crowd?

(Cued in worried soap opera music grows louder.)

Will Antawn 'In His Last Days as a Redskin' Randle El slide down the depth chart as Marko and Devin move upward?

Tune in next week for our continuing jibba-jabba--As The Roster Turns.

(Cued in worried soap opera music rumbles into a crashing coda.)

Posted by: MistaMoe | August 30, 2009 3:44 PM | Report abuse

As I was watching the starters play, I sensed that the offensive game was Brady and Moss v. Campbell and a cast of thousands of receivers. Look at the numbers, I was about right. Of the 15 balls caught by the Pats, 6 were Moss and 4 were Joey Galloway. They only completed to 5 guys, but it really was the Moss/Galloway show. Campbell got the ball to ten guys. Yes, Brady had better accuracy, but his 12 completions only netted 150 yards against JC's 13 for 209 (I admit that Cooley 73 yarder throws off that number). My point is that, statistically anyway, the Skins O's got milk.

Posted by: dcsween | August 30, 2009 3:47 PM | Report abuse

I would like to see Mason make the team, but he wasn't good on two blitz pick up the other night and that ultimately might get him cut if it happens again against the Jags. Then there the Anthony Aldridge effect. He's fast, and he came with a recommendation from Shannahan. If he doesn't fumble the ball this week, I like his chances of making the active roster.

Posted by: TWISI | August 30, 2009 3:49 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: jm220

Trevor Matich is a former NFL pro (and Redskin) who was simply doing his job. Blache is an ASSISTANT coach who has no business big-timing the press, which is the life blood of the Skins propaganda machine. His inability to censor himself on the simplest of interviews is probably one of the main reasons he will always be an ASSISTANT coach. Perhaps it is time Zorn shut up the assistant coaches a la Marty S. To paraphrase The Rock, Greg Blache, know your role and shut your mouth.

Posted by: Kenbeatrizz | August 30, 2009 3:52 PM | Report abuse

Moe, a lot can change in one week and another game, but my sense is that Rock's groin injury came at a very, very bad time for him, esp. b/c of Devin Thomas' KR numbers (26 yard average on three tries). Given that Thomas plays teams coverage as well, that is mad mojo for Rock. Not necessarily good news for Mason, but it is a little hope for Dorsey. I don't suspect Rock would be picked up right away either, which means he could/would/should be back in the event of (likely) injury.

ARE is a lock on the roster b/c of his dead space cap hit numbers this season, but you make a good point about the possibility of his redundancy (and thus possible trade value).

Posted by: dcsween | August 30, 2009 3:52 PM | Report abuse

Wasn't Matich a long-snapper?

Now he's an evaluator of defensive line pressure/technique?

I am not surprised Blache blew him up. I guess he's tired of answering the same damn question every week.

Posted by: MrRedskin21 | August 30, 2009 3:54 PM | Report abuse

I can understand Blache's frustration at being asked the same question, in the same way over and over.

I thought Jason Cambpell should have told Phil Simms to get lost during the game when he asked about the offseason stuff for the 10,000th time! Does anyone really want to hear him answer that again?

How about people who are getting PAID to watch football, actually take a few minutes to think of a few new questions? Ken Harvey showed us how, right after the aforementioned incident...

Posted by: Jason10 | August 30, 2009 3:55 PM | Report abuse

Next week, though, we expect some big vet name to drop.

But who will stay, who will go?

Will it be Rock or Betts?

(Cue in worried soap organ music increases)

(Cued in worried soap opera music grows louder.)

Tune in next week for our continuing jibba-jabba--As The Roster Turns.

(Cued in worried soap opera music rumbles into a crashing coda.)

Posted by: MistaMoe | August 30, 2009 3:44 PM | Report abuse

LMAO, MistaMoe. This is really serious business for the players, but...As The Roster Turns... hilarios!

Posted by: frediefritz | August 30, 2009 3:55 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: iseyij | August 30, 2009 3:26 PM

Agreed, but we need to realize that most of the guys running teams in preseason will not be here after the last cuts. Things should improve dramatically after that. (i hope)

Posted by: stevek20147 | August 30, 2009 3:56 PM | Report abuse

To paraphrase The Rock, Greg Blache, know your role and shut your mouth.

Posted by: Kenbeatrizz | August 30, 2009 3:52 PM |
---------------------------

Wait, you mean Greg Blache fought his way through studio security to appear on that CSN show?

I didn't know that.

I was under the impression he was asked to come on the show and be interviewed.

Posted by: MrRedskin21 | August 30, 2009 3:58 PM | Report abuse

I missed the whole Matich/Blache drama, but I gotta say, it doesn't sound interesting. I've always thought that Matich was that term that chRIs LaRrY uses ... straight something. From the recap though, sounds like Blache is on the verge of a monthly visitor.

From my eyes, the neutral zone infractions by Haynesworth and Griffin suggest that the Pats' O-line got into their heads and won the mental game. Maybe its a sore subject with Blache. Still, no love lost for me on Trevor Matich.

Posted by: dcsween | August 30, 2009 3:59 PM | Report abuse

A team that's out to prove something should have fired up players AND fired up coaches.

So Blache's act works for me.

I can't believe anyone would care about Trevor Matich, his feelings, or those of the other chuckleheads at CSN. The people working at CSN aren't going to help the Redskins win a single game this year.

Posted by: MrRedskin21 | August 30, 2009 4:03 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: dcsween | August 30, 2009 3:59 PM

You called it. You can download it from a couple of places but it's mucho MB's and not really worth the time it takes to load. Maybe at work where you have a faster line?

Posted by: talent_evaluator | August 30, 2009 4:05 PM | Report abuse

Stumbled onto this today...sorted by net worth, I almost felt bad for Danny..."aw, the little guy hardly made the list, this can't be good for the whole Napoleon thing".

Then I sorted by age and thought "that little f*** is younger than me!"

Off to blindly buy more merchandise...

Posted by: stevek20147 | August 30, 2009 4:05 PM | Report abuse

Off to blindly buy more merchandise...

Posted by: stevek20147 | August 30, 2009 4:05 PM

That's the difference in a word: Danny's off to blindly sell more merchandise.

Posted by: talent_evaluator | August 30, 2009 4:07 PM | Report abuse

I love Blache. He is right to make a point to the media that there is more to the Skins defense then pass rush. He does not want the only focus to be on the 100 million dollar DT or the rookie pass rusher. He is the coordinator of the entire defense. Matich wanted to pick on the pass rush, which is so easy to do because the camera is always on the QB, but there is more to winning then getting to the QB.

Posted by: Wemiss21 | August 30, 2009 4:08 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: TWISI | August 30, 2009 3:49 PM | Report abuse

Twisi, You have no clue what you are talking about...... Have you ever played football before on any level including little league? How do you know that Mason missed two blocks in pass protection? are you in the meeting room with the coaches? Did you know the plays that were called or the protections? Just to throw out that he missed two blocks is funny. Are you a relative of Rock?

Posted by: thebanker21 | August 30, 2009 4:09 PM | Report abuse

For what it's worth, another vote for the youth movement. So long and thanks, Rock, Ladell. Wonder if we could get a decent OL for ARE?

Posted by: bostskin | August 30, 2009 4:13 PM | Report abuse

What are everyone's thoughts on Devin Thomas returning kicks (assuming Rock gets cut in favor of Mason)?

Posted by: MrRedskin21 | August 30, 2009 4:13 PM | Report abuse

PS...Marko is already this fan's favorite.

Posted by: bostskin | August 30, 2009 4:14 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Wemiss21 | August 30, 2009 4:08 PM

The team has stated that we got Haynesworth and Orakpo in order to improve the pass rush. This was a point of emphasis this off season. I don't understand what's wrong with asking why it didn't work on Friday night? Shouldn't Blache have a view about this which he's willing to share with the press?

Posted by: talent_evaluator | August 30, 2009 4:14 PM | Report abuse

dcsween: "Look at the numbers, I was about right. Of the 15 balls caught by the Pats, 6 were Moss and 4 were Joey Galloway. They only completed to 5 guys, but it really was the Moss/Galloway show."

Well, Brady was checking down to Galloway, the way he normally would to Welker. He does that better than anybody in the League, IMO. That's why they call him Captain Checkdown.

Except Galloway seemed to turn the wrong way on some of those receptions. Welker is very important to the Pats. Galloway and Greg Lewis may be faster/ bigger, but Wes is really hard to cover.

I didn't see much in the way of a game plan for either team. That was basic football we were watching. My guess is it doesn't much resemble what either team will show during the regular season.

If you isolate any CB in the league on Randy Moss, with Brady throwing, well, my money is on them. Reminds me of Peyton and Marvin Harrison a few years back.

Posted by: Samson151 | August 30, 2009 4:17 PM | Report abuse

beep beep

Posted by: dcsween | August 30, 2009 4:18 PM | Report abuse

Nice to see Campbell play solid ... but a bunch of QBs have been lighting it up this week, some with crazy numbers. Here's a sample.

J. Flacco 23/28 247 1 0
J. Delhomme 11/16 180 0 0
P. Rivers 10/15 185 1 0
B. Volek 7/9 102 1 0
M. Ryan 14/20 140 1 0
C. Redman 15/19 134 1 0
P. Manning 12/15 123 1 0
A. Rodgers 14/19 258 3 0
D. Brees 14/17 179 2 0
J. Russell 12/18 153 0 0
J. Garcia 9/15 111 1 0
T. Brady 12/19 150 2 0
B. Quinn 11/15 128 1 0
K. Collins 11/14 102 1 0

Flacco, Volek, Redman, Brees and Collins were over 75% completion rates. Peyton was at 80%.

Not sure what is going on. Makes me wonder about the defenses in this league, perhaps the rule changes/adjustments are having an impact making it much harder to play defense. Are OL getting away with lots of holding? Too early to tell.

Posted by: zcezcest1 | August 30, 2009 4:19 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: talent_evaluator | August 30, 2009 4:14 PM | Report abuse

He did share his view, he said that its the only the thing the press ever asks him about and there is more to a defense then just a pass rush.

By the way, didn't Haynesworth sort of crush Brady? Maybe it wasn't a suffocating pass rush, but it is preseason, and they were not stunting and blitzing as much as they will during the regular season.

Matich has not earned the right to say squadoosh!

Posted by: Wemiss21 | August 30, 2009 4:38 PM | Report abuse

"Blache has earned the right to say what he wants, he has been a successful coordinator a d-line coach for the Bears and Skins and had multiple top 10 defenses.
Matich has not earned the right to say squadoosh!Posted by: Wemiss21"

LOL I guess the First Amendment doesn't apply to football, eh?

Posted by: Samson151 | August 30, 2009 4:55 PM | Report abuse

"Daniel's height (he's generously listed at 6 feet in the Redskins media guide) could cap his potential in this league"

All I can say to that is:
Quarterback
Date of birth: January 15, 1979 (age 30)
Height: 6 ft 0 in Weight: 201 lb
NFL Draft: 2001 / Round: 2 / Pick: 32

Here's a hint: he threw for 5,000 yards this past season.

Posted by: Keiser | August 30, 2009 5:05 PM | Report abuse

The Redskins have potential.

The following players must not be cut

Marcus Mason

McDaniel over Colt

Mitchell

Dorsey

Teams like Buffalo will be picking up 2 or more of the Redskins cuts.

Posted by: harknessj1 | August 30, 2009 5:24 PM | Report abuse

All I can say to that is:
Quarterback
Date of birth: January 15, 1979 (age 30)
Height: 6 ft 0 in Weight: 201 lb
NFL Draft: 2001 / Round: 2 / Pick: 32

Here's a hint: he threw for 5,000 yards this past season.

Are you refering to Drew?
...........................................
Blache is obviously not profiling for a head coaching job, so he may not feel obligated to anwser the morinic "Duck on a Junebug" questions!

Posted by: Spanglerg | August 30, 2009 5:55 PM | Report abuse

i think skins should cut or trade brennan. chase has looked better and brennan has higher trade value than chase. looks like new england could use brennan as a backup behind brady.

Posted by: bhirata | August 30, 2009 6:52 PM | Report abuse

Why was it an unfair question? I believe the question was quite appropriate. Blache, the jerk, should be better prepared to answer questions about the pass rush because Danny Boy busted the bank to the tune of $100 million to bring in The Savior Haynesworth. Thus, the focus this season will be the pass rush. The main selling point for bringing in Haynesworth was to improve the pass rush to help create more turnovers. Sorry Blache, get used to it, because that's why Danny Boy dropped $100 million on The One.

Posted by: richie_sheppard | August 30, 2009 9:37 PM | Report abuse

I'd like "the mayor" to ask Greg Blache why his cornerbacks have to play 12 yards off the line of scrimmage on 3rd & 10... this consistently gives WR's an easy release off the line of scrimmage & allows them to make their move inside/outside without any resistance. Can we get a lil bump n' run?

Posted by: tony325 | August 31, 2009 3:30 AM | Report abuse

Where are all the Colt Brennan loyalists and Campbell haters now some of you fair weather fans are made of the same fabric as Daniel Snyder when it comes to evaluating NFL talent and building a team.

Although this is preseason we see Brennan is no where near ready to be a NFL quarterback he has poor decision making skills and plays erratic

All along I said if Jason Campbell stays in an offensive systen longet then a year, has the same scheme and coaches longer then a year and an offensive line that blocks he and the team will be fine.

All you idiot hating wanna be GM's over react because you don't know the game

Posted by: TheBeatDontStop | August 31, 2009 9:06 AM | Report abuse

JC finally has a decent outing and suddenly all is right with the world. He has been inept for three seasons will continue to be be what he is, i.e. inept. If he is the best the team has, the team is destined is watch the playoffs again.

Collins outplayed JC during the 2007 season and both Brennan and Daniel show more promise than JC. JC should be traded rather than doom the team to another 7-9 or 8-8 non-playoff season.

Posted by: mfamrf | September 1, 2009 10:23 PM | Report abuse