Jones takes crash course for Broncos

Levi Jones said he's ready to roll.

The Redskins' new starting left tackle plans to perform well in protecting quarterback Jason Campbell's blind side against the Denver Broncos, who rank third in the NFL with 26 sacks. Outside linebacker Elvis Dumervil is tied for the league lead with 10.5 sacks.

Offensive line coach Joe Bugel "has been working hard to get me prepared," Jones said. "I feel confident, I feel good about what's going on. The learning process, the technical process - I feel real good about it.

"It's kind of funny how it worked out because in college the techniques that I was working under were Buges's techniques ... at Arizona State. ... It's just like going back to where I was in college and doing the things that got me in the NFL in the first place."

As for his anticipated matchup with Dumervil, Jones has faced many talented pass rushers. "[I've] been a left tackle in this league for eight years now. It's been that way, going against good pass rushers the entire time," he said. "I've seen a good fill of my Freeneys, Suggs, Harrisons. Dumervil's a good outside linebacker now. I've played him before, so I know what he brings. It's definitely going to be a good match. This is the NFL. This is what we're here for."

One thing he knows he cannot do is get caught up in the hype, he said. "You want to go in the game excited, but as a left tackle, you have to keep your nerves," Jones said. "You want to stay calm and slow everything down for yourself. Me, as a left tackle, I never been a real rah-rah type of guy.

"That's when left tackles get beat. Stay calm, stay focus. Even in my first game, nerves was going to be going crazy, as soon as you get out there, everything slows down, you get tunnel vision and you go. You don't need to focus on all the stuff that happens beforehand."

The view from Denver

Lindsay Jones of the Denver Post reports that the longest-tenured Bronco has been bumped: Ben Hamilton is out at left guard, Russ Hochstein is in. (You can follow Lindsay's updates @denverbroncos on Twitter.) ... After two losses, Kyle Orton and the Broncos offense are searching for answers (sound familiar?). ... Woody Paige wants the Broncos to change QBs and start Chris Simms against the Redskins.

By Jason Reid  |  November 12, 2009; 7:10 AM ET
Categories:  Jason Reid
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Bailey's return puts new focus on old deal
Next: Deal wasn't Taylor-made for Redskins

Comments

By Jason Reid | November 12, 2009; 7:10 AM ET

I love Woody Paige on that stupid "around the horn" show or whatever it is. If he wants to change QB's then that's what they should do. And, if they're not going to use Orton can we borrow him this Sunday? It would be great to have him get busted up instead of JC, TC, and ARE (who will probably start the fourth quarter).

Posted by: League-Source | November 12, 2009 7:28 AM | Report abuse

We should start an injury pool. The possibilities are endless. I mean you could pick the minute, body part, and defender. FYI, I'm going with minute 4, broken ankle, and Elvis Dumerville.

Posted by: PAskinsfan17 | November 12, 2009 8:22 AM | Report abuse

Why the hell would Orton be benched? That's ridiculous.

Posted by: OffseasonChamps | November 12, 2009 8:23 AM | Report abuse

LJ is saying all of the right things, but let's be realistic. He hasn't played a down in a real football game this year. Now he is going to stand up against guys who are in mid-season form? Even if LJ is in great physical shape, the Bronco's will try to trick him with stunts and overloads. He has not had a long time to work with Dockery and there will be protection mix-ups. And if LJ holds up, they can still attack a hobbled Stephon Heyer on the other side. Maybe the best pass protection the Redskins can get will come from running the ball frequently. I hope Betts can take what he gave the team last week and double it.

Posted by: RedSkinHead | November 12, 2009 8:29 AM | Report abuse

Why the hell would Orton be benched? That's ridiculous.

Posted by: OffseasonChamps | November 12, 2009 8:23 AM

You call yourself "offseasonchamps" and don't understand that Simms beat Orton in the Denver offseason? Well, if you click through the link posted above, here's why:

"Simms has a stronger arm. Orton's lack of arm strength was revealed twice against Pittsburgh when he tried to make throws off his back foot and couldn't get the ball to open receivers. And, Simms can scramble better than Orton, who can't get outside the rush, can't run the quarterback draw and can't throw back across his body."

Posted by: League-Source | November 12, 2009 8:30 AM | Report abuse

I say the real Washington Redskins will show up this weekend and play well against the Broncos.

The broncos can be beaten with the right kind of smash-mouth approach.

Even if the team loses, it's 2nd half performance against the falcons is a sign that things aren't all that bad. That there is some life in the redskin team.

You have to hope the planets all align, clocks strike twelve at the same time, and pigs fly all on cue this weekend.

'Cuz we all know that if pigs fly, The Hogs will rule the day.

Posted by: MistaMoe | November 12, 2009 8:30 AM | Report abuse

I'll take Chris Simms!

Posted by: DikShuttle | November 12, 2009 8:31 AM | Report abuse

Why the hell would Orton be benched? That's ridiculous.

Posted by: OffseasonChamps | November 12, 2009 8:23 AM | Report abuse

I'm going to go with they have the #6 offensive line in the league and have scored as many passing TDs as we have (they only have 1 more rushing TD than we have).

Posted by: PAskinsfan17 | November 12, 2009 8:33 AM | Report abuse

I'd be lying if I said I didn't watch ATH and PTI on the regular.

I don't see those shows as sources of information, rather sources of entertainment.

Kornheiser was terrible in the booth but on PTI (when he is with Wilbon) ad on the radio, he's that dude.

Take any suggestions from Woody Paige with a grain of sand or salt. Dude is showing signs of senilism for real.

Posted by: RedDMV | November 12, 2009 8:37 AM | Report abuse

Denver is only favored by 3.5! What is Vegas seeing?

Posted by: REDneckSKINhead | November 12, 2009 8:38 AM | Report abuse

someone was telling me those are "shark" bets keeping the line low. The public money is all on Denver.

...I'm not exactly sure what a "shark" bet is, but I can imagine...

Posted by: DikShuttle | November 12, 2009 8:40 AM | Report abuse

What type of name is Elvis Dumervil?

Posted by: RedDMV | November 12, 2009 8:41 AM | Report abuse

Denver is only favored by 3.5! What is Vegas seeing?

Posted by: REDneckSKINhead | November 12, 2009 8:38 AM

A short week for the Broncos, after an emotional and physical game. A Mountain West coast to east coast trip with an early start. The skins are a desperate team and playing at home. Finally, the Broncos have scored 1 offensive TD in the past 2 games.

Posted by: TWISI | November 12, 2009 8:42 AM | Report abuse

they're gonna have to give help to LJ, with either Sellers, or Yods, heck, I'd run right at him until he can stop it. IIRC both the ends on their defense missed the Pitt game. They run a 3-4, so 2/3rds of their defensive line is either injured or coming off injury. perfect opportunity to run all over them...

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | November 12, 2009 8:46 AM | Report abuse

What type of name is Elvis Dumervil?

Posted by: RedDMV | November 12, 2009 8:41 AM | Report abuse

They type that sounds better backwards Sivle Livremud.

Posted by: getitritegov | November 12, 2009 8:48 AM | Report abuse

They type that sounds better backwards Sivle Livremud.

Posted by: getitritegov | November 12, 2009 8:48 AM

I thought it sounded pretty good going forward but, yeah, backwards kicks it up a few notches.

Posted by: League-Source | November 12, 2009 8:52 AM | Report abuse

@League Source

Posted by: OffseasonChamps | November 12, 2009 8:52 AM | Report abuse

"What type of name is Elvis Dumervil?"

'Dumervil' is a Haitian name.

Welcome to South Florida.

Posted by: MistaMoe | November 12, 2009 8:57 AM | Report abuse

"Jones takes crash course for Broncos"

If he plays well down the final stretch, do you keep him for next year?

Posted by: MistaMoe | November 12, 2009 9:01 AM | Report abuse

""The Redskins' new starting left tackle plans to perform well in protecting quarterback Jason Campbell's blind side against the Denver Broncos""

I think it's really great that Jones "plans to perform well". If he spent the week planning to suck donkey nads on gameday, then I'd really have to question the signing.

Posted by: p1funk | November 12, 2009 9:02 AM | Report abuse

moe, on sports talk radio yesterday, the big news was that 'allegedly' the Sox were going to sign Matsui, according to a rumor originating over in Japan.....while I think he'd be a possible upgrade hitting wise over ortiz, I'm not sure what you do with ortiz, and david did lead the league after the all star break in home runs...so I don't know what to make of this...if anything....

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | November 12, 2009 9:03 AM | Report abuse

moe, for short money, yeah you bring jones back in a backup role...anything more and you send him on his way...

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | November 12, 2009 9:05 AM | Report abuse

No, because after two losses, JC and the Redskins offense insist that "they just have to execute better".

And yes, since you're asking, I am in favor of their execution.

Posted by: daggar | November 12, 2009 9:10 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: p1funk | November 12, 2009 9:02 AM | Report abuse

Funny story I hear that 20% of Heyers game plan was sucking Donkey nads the other 80% was spent on getting better at holding line men or letting them blow right bye him.

Posted by: alex35332 | November 12, 2009 9:11 AM | Report abuse

"Jones takes crash course for Broncos"

If he plays well down the final stretch, do you keep him for next year?

Posted by: MistaMoe | November 12, 2009 9:01 AM

Posted by: TWISI | November 12, 2009 9:11 AM | Report abuse

"The only reason the Broncos should start Simms is because he plays like Elway versus the Redskins."

A question I'd like to ask Chris Simms dad is why his son hasn't found an NFL starting quarterback job.

Simms looked like the real deal in college.

Is Simms a guy like Matt Schaub who just needs a franchise to give him time to start and have players added around him?

Is Simms better than Jason Campbell or are they the same?

Is there some other young vet quarterback like Simms who'd be a nice back up or option off the bench next season seeing how Todd Collins will be in street clothes next year?

I wonder.

Posted by: MistaMoe | November 12, 2009 9:12 AM | Report abuse

Again I ask, hoping the Dauphine will hear my plea:
Does anyone (like, say, a beat reporter for the Post) know what the terms of Levi's contract are? Single/multi-year... anything? Hello? Is this thing on?

Posted by: daggar | November 12, 2009 9:15 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: alex35332 | November 12, 2009 9:11 AM | Report abuse

I think Heyer spent alot of time perfecting the technique of giving up a sack on a 3-man rush - when you are able to double-team a guy, you really have to try hard to get out of his way and let him get to the QB.

Posted by: p1funk | November 12, 2009 9:15 AM | Report abuse

twisi

"I would if the price is for a mid level FA signing at his position. I'd have him compete for the starting position with a rookie draft pick."

Sounds like a plan.

But if you can also spend money on a starting right tackle, would you do it?

It would let the team use it's 1st and 2nd round picks on whatever else it needs.

Like a speed back and quarterback.

Posted by: MistaMoe | November 12, 2009 9:17 AM | Report abuse

Is there some other young vet quarterback like Simms who'd...
Jamarcus Russell should be free soon.
Jef George is still trying to get back in the league.

Posted by: daggar | November 12, 2009 9:18 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: MistaMoe | November 12, 2009 9:12 AM | Report abuse

I remember Simms seemed to be hitting his NFL stride, and then he had that ruptured spleen that could have killed him.

After the surgery he took some time to recover, and my guess is that set back his opportunity - he's looked alright, but it's not like you keep a starting gig warm for him...

Posted by: p1funk | November 12, 2009 9:20 AM | Report abuse

Is there some other young vet quarterback like Simms who'd...
Jamarcus Russell should be free soon.
Jef George is still trying to get back in the league.

Posted by: daggar | November 12, 2009 9:18 AM | Report abuse

Patrick Ramsey is out there

Posted by: p1funk | November 12, 2009 9:21 AM | Report abuse

moe, if they don't go OL with their first 2 picks, then its lather, rinse, repeat for the 5th season in a row....I'd go after Alex Barron as a RT, but then draft a LT with the first pick, and a RG with the 2nd rounder...but back to this game vs. den...ACarter is gonna have his hands full this weekend, as is Rak...Clady is the real deal, and Graham is a heck of a blocker as well....

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | November 12, 2009 9:22 AM | Report abuse

If he plays well down the final stretch, do you keep him for next year?

Posted by: MistaMoe | November 12, 2009 9:01 AM | Report abuse

Certainly, even if you do get 2 young tackles having LJ around will let them compete for the job and if LJ wins it then when he gets hurt the young guy steps in. If Levi loses the job then when the rookie struggles which they often do then LJ can step in. Then you kick Heyer to the curb and move BMW to right guard.

Posted by: PAskinsfan17 | November 12, 2009 9:24 AM | Report abuse

MistaMoe I would go after a FA RT, and RG aws well. My preference would be for the skins to have flexibility with their 1st pick. I do think they'd need to draft someone on the OL with either of their first two pick (assuming only 2 picks in the first 2 rounds).

Posted by: TWISI | November 12, 2009 9:26 AM | Report abuse

There is a tricky question, was Simms situation in Tampa any better then Campbell's in DC? I will look into some basics data and give some info.

Posted by: alex35332 | November 12, 2009 9:27 AM | Report abuse

MistaMoe I would go after a FA RT

Posted by: TWISI | November 12, 2009 9:26 AM | Report abuse

That's kind of gross...

Posted by: p1funk | November 12, 2009 9:28 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: TWISI | November 12, 2009 9:26 AM | Report abuse

The only thing I don't like about taking a free agent lineman is that 4 years of his career is already used up. I'd rather take 2 young bookend tackles and be set there for a decade.

Posted by: PAskinsfan17 | November 12, 2009 9:30 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | November 12, 2009 9:22 AM | Report abuse

I believe we should go after OL high in the draft, but I think we need to steel ourselves for the reality that Danny is going to draft a QB with his number 1 overall.

Maybe (hopefully) we'll look to spend alot of our subsequent draft picks on a bunch of linemen.

Of course this is all assuming that Vinny is not making the picks, otherwise it will be QB, TE, and about 4 special-teams caliber LBs...

Posted by: p1funk | November 12, 2009 9:31 AM | Report abuse

p1funk that's pretty funny.

PAskinsfan17 I agree with having two young bookends. I don't know if you have to get both early in this draft. There should be good OL players to draft in round 3-4.

Posted by: TWISI | November 12, 2009 9:34 AM | Report abuse

I for one am looking forward to Levi playing well...he was a complete mauler in Cincy when he was at his best, hopefully he is healthy again and playing well. Even at 50% he is better than Heyer and the rest of the BOGS.

Posted by: mhartz1 | November 12, 2009 9:35 AM | Report abuse

Unemployed to starting left tackle. This is a little like some team signing Patrick Ramsey one week, and naming him the starting qb the next. Nice work Ashburn.

Posted by: mack1 | November 12, 2009 9:36 AM | Report abuse

@Mista Moe

I'd definitely take Simms if he was available. Maybe we could get a no spleen discount.

Posted by: OffseasonChamps | November 12, 2009 9:36 AM | Report abuse

Sims career stats: Played in 20 games started 15. 292/494 pass/att, 59.1%, 3,094 YDS, 6.3, YPC, 12 td, 17int, 44 sak, 322 sak yards 71.2 QBR (some rushing stats but they are pathetic)

It looks like his best season was 05, where he got less then 1 TD per game, averaged 185 yards a game. 81.4 QBR.
***
So the stats are similar to Campbell, he has played in 24 less games, his stats are very similar to Campbell's first 2 years. At this point though statistically Campbell's per-game average is better.

Posted by: alex35332 | November 12, 2009 9:37 AM | Report abuse

I am all about taking two young bookend tackles, especially if you can get them from the same team - instant continuity. If somehow we can swing a draft like the year with Lavar and Samuels, then I think one OL and a RB or OL and OLB.

I think we can get a quality QB later and let him develop for two years. Every stupid mock draft I have seen has us taking Clausen or Bradford, neither one I would want.

Posted by: mhartz1 | November 12, 2009 9:38 AM | Report abuse

Then you kick Heyer to the curb and move BMW to right guard.

Posted by: PAskinsfan17

Wouldn't Mike Williams be too tall to play guard?

At 6-7 it Seems like it would be harder to get a lower center of gravity to block DTs who are normally 5-7 inches shorter than him.

If moving him to guard is an option than they should have let him kept his weight up and be a mauling, road grading Guard.

I'd kill to have a 400 pound guard opening up running lanes on the 'Skins.

Posted by: RedDMV | November 12, 2009 9:41 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: mack1 | November 12, 2009 9:36 AM |

No it's not Levi was actually a very good player, Ramsey has always sucked.

Posted by: Flounder21 | November 12, 2009 9:41 AM | Report abuse

Load up on linemen. Its simple. Get the mid level FA's and high draft picks. You never know if a rookie will be ready week 1 so have plan B's.

repeat after me: Depth on the line.Depth on the line.Depth on the line.Depth on the line.

Posted by: alex35332 | November 12, 2009 9:43 AM | Report abuse

i think we need to consider signing vick for next year and develop a qb behind him then we should trade our 1st rounder fo a lower 1st rounder and a second or 3rd. okung is the oly ot worth a top 15 pick!! so we should draft spiller with our 1st rounder then pick up ol with the rest of our picks. vick and spiller would be explosive!! the sign the olb johnson from the chiefs and sign 2 top ol in free agency!!! what do you guys think

Posted by: jtbowhunter | November 12, 2009 9:44 AM | Report abuse

I got an idea for a reality TV show called "The Starter".

We invite the following QBs to Ashburn to compete for a starting job:

Chris Simms - son of a football legend trying to make his own mark

David Carr - former #1 overall pick trying to prove his worth

Jason Campbell - beleaguered incumbent trying to hold onto what he has

Jeff Garcia - cagey veteran trying to prove his best days are not done

Patrick Ramsey - ex-Skin trying to prove that he was overlooked

We put them in a house together and video all of their drama.

Vinny C, Tom Cruise, Sonny Jurgensen and George Michael run them through a gauntlet of QB drills and challenges.

At the end of every episode they have to stand in front of Danny who rips them and fires one of them a-la Donald Trump, until one is left who becomes...the starter!

Posted by: p1funk | November 12, 2009 9:45 AM | Report abuse

@League Source

Also, about the start Simms over Orton debate. I don't see the value in replacing someone who is 6-2 as your starter, even if he hasn't looked great at times. McDaniels knew when he went after Orton that that was exactly what he was going to get. A game manager that doesn't have the strongest arm, but has a great record as a starter. Why would he change course now, when he is 6-2 and atop his division. Many of those comments you listed about Simms can be made about Campbell, stronger arm, more mobile...but McDaniels already made his choice between Orton and a Campbell-type quarterback.

Posted by: OffseasonChamps | November 12, 2009 9:45 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: TWISI | November 12, 2009 9:34 AM | Report abuse

You can most certainly get them in later rounds especialy if you are looking for zone blockers. Selvish Capers is one of the guys that may be available in the 3rd or 4th unless he blows up at the combine. It's hard because certian tackles should go in certain places. I think Russell Okung is a top 5 pick. The rest I think should fall to the mid to late first. If we don't get Russell then we should trade back for two late first rounders.

Posted by: PAskinsfan17 | November 12, 2009 9:46 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: jtbowhunter | November 12, 2009 9:48 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: p1funk | November 12, 2009 9:45 AM | Report abuse

1. People won't watch a reality show unless you throw some hot dumb girls in the mix.

2. We may want them to sit in front of Snyder, and have him stand on a ladder. Boy don't like dealing with underlings who are taller then him.

3. Can we bring Zorn in for one episode to just throw balls at QB's?

Posted by: alex35332 | November 12, 2009 9:51 AM | Report abuse

Wouldn't Mike Williams be too tall to play guard?

I'd kill to have a 400 pound guard opening up running lanes on the 'Skins.

Posted by: RedDMV | November 12, 2009 9:41 AM | Report abuse

Yeah, BMW is tall but he is very strong. Keep in mind that he's only maybe an inch taller than Dock. I think he may still be able to push those DTs out of the way and he is a great run blocker. I'd love to have him and maybe that Tackle from Rutgers or Bulaga from Iowa out in front on a run right. Could you imagine running behind BMW, Brian Bulaga, and Mike Sellers?

Posted by: PAskinsfan17 | November 12, 2009 9:56 AM | Report abuse

@p1funk

I'd have to take Garcia in that scenario, I mean look at what him and "The Sisters" did to Andy Dufresne when in confinement

Posted by: OffseasonChamps | November 12, 2009 9:56 AM | Report abuse

@p1funk

Posted by: OffseasonChamps | November 12, 2009 9:56 AM | Report abuse

Yeah, it could get brutal. But we could always hire Biff as in-house security.

Posted by: p1funk | November 12, 2009 9:59 AM | Report abuse

Wouldn't Mike Williams be too tall to play guard?

I'd kill to have a 400 pound guard opening up running lanes on the 'Skins.

Posted by: RedDMV | November 12, 2009 9:41 AM | Report abuse

Perhaps you haven't been following along but he started at RG in the Carolina game and actually played decently there.

Posted by: zjfr2 | November 12, 2009 10:01 AM | Report abuse

I think we need to consider signing vick for next year

Posted by: jtbowhunter | November 12, 2009 9:48 AM

This isn't an option. Vick has a contract with the Philadelphia Eagles for next year. If you want Vick, you gotta give up a pick. No way. He can't even work himself into the Philly offense.

Posted by: League-Source | November 12, 2009 10:01 AM | Report abuse

jtbowhunte I'm not sure about Vick. He's going to want starters $$. I'm not sure he's worth it at this point.

Posted by: TWISI | November 12, 2009 10:02 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: alex35332 | November 12, 2009 9:51 AM | Report abuse

There's lots of directions to go with the idea.

On one episode, David Donovan could put together a firing-squad-style line up of tix-holders that are being sued by the team and the contestants would have to show their accuracy by drilling them in the face.

Posted by: p1funk | November 12, 2009 10:02 AM | Report abuse

weep weep

The mayor wants to talk about Jason Taylor now! Unbelievable? Well, at least it's more current than Champ Bailey. But, not as salient as Leigh Torrence.

Posted by: League-Source | November 12, 2009 10:05 AM | Report abuse

weep weep

Posted by: League-Source | November 12, 2009 10:05 AM | Report abuse

Seriously?!?

Forget that. Let's boycott that entry and make no posts on it.

We agreed to a Jason Taylor requiem on this blog some time ago!!!!

Posted by: p1funk | November 12, 2009 10:07 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: zjfr2

Whatever, dude. Could you blame me if I didn't?

S***, this season I don't watch a game from beginning to end no more. What's the point? I already know who's doing what -- Landry still takes poor angles, Campbell still makes poor reads, the o-line still can't block for the QB, the young receivers are still sucking, Portis still doesn't practice, Rogers still drops INTs... -- so what's the point? And please spare me the true fan ridic.

Things are SNAFU with the Redskins. I gave up weeks ago, and I think it was after the St. Louis game to be honest.

Posted by: RedDMV | November 12, 2009 10:13 AM | Report abuse

Several sources are reporting that Betts didn't practice due to an ankle injury and is questionable for sunday. Did the Post totally miss this, or did I just miss it here?

Posted by: RambleOn | November 12, 2009 10:19 AM | Report abuse

Am I the only one who read the first sentence: "The Redskins' new starting left tackle plans to perform well in protecting quarterback Jason Campbell's blind side against the Denver Broncos, who rank third in the NFL with 26 sacks."

And immediately thought, no plan survives first contact with the opposition?

Posted by: Veretax | November 12, 2009 10:57 AM | Report abuse

If you look back at Levi Jones' performance while the starting LT in Cincy, Carson Palmer had some great stats and was not sacked very often. That said, who knows how serious his knee injury was last year that led to his release and his current physical condition.

I like our chances with Levi Jones better than a beat up Stephon Heyer trying to protect Campbell's blind side. Heyer will probably get a lot of help from either Sellers or Yoder on passing downs, Jones maybe not as much. If Jones performs adequately, it shows how pathetic of a GM that Vinny was for not signing him over the summer when he would have been a quality backup.

Posted by: wizfan89 | November 12, 2009 11:58 AM | Report abuse

Levi will probably make some difference - but not enough to change the fact that the team and organization as a whole are rotten at the foundation, that the shingles are dropping, the wiring is faulty and dangerous and winter is on the way.

Levi is like plastic sheeting for broken windows. You need a gut renovation, and you need to fire the contractor that charged you top dollar to put this piece of crap house together, and stop involving yourself in key decisions and hire a f-ing builder that knows what he's doing.

And the house is haunted and built on an industrial waste site that erodes the will of all who enter. And there are scientology meetings in the damp basement where the house's owner is taught that only he can will the house back to health by channeling Pk13 energies.

Posted by: BrooklynSkins | November 12, 2009 12:24 PM | Report abuse

Sad to say but 'Skins get killed this week, maybe even shut out. I don't care about the short week or travel from Denver to East Coast. And the Denver offense was slowed last 2 weeks because of their opposition - Ravens & Steelers. Skins D is not in the same league.

Posted by: shanks1 | November 12, 2009 12:41 PM | Report abuse

I don't know what kind of sack dance (though I'm sure I'll find out on Sunday) Elvis Dumervil has, but he really should consider borrowing some moves from The King.

That would almost make the sacks worth watching this Sunday, if he threw in a few Elvis poses afterward.

Posted by: Thinker_ | November 12, 2009 2:45 PM | Report abuse