Lorenzo Alexander: Something Special

One of the Redskins' most versatile players, Lorenzo Alexander has added full-time special teams work to his long list of duties. Alexander is on kickoff coverage and kickoff returns, and is a backup on punt coverage and punt returns. The coaching staff is depending on Alexander and other young players to solidify a key part of the team in transition, and help the Redskins make major strides on punt coverage and punt returns. Each Friday this season, we'll catch up with Alexander to review how special teams performed the previous week and preview the upcoming game. Let's go.

After experiencing major breakdowns on punt returns and punt coverage, the Redskins brought in veteran punter Hunter Smith and others to challenge incumbent punt returner Antwaan Randle El.

In the preseason, Smith displayed his powerful leg and accuracy - two things Redskins punters rarely provided last season. Although no one emerged to displace Randle El, the team hopes the veteran return man will perform better after consecutive relatively unproductive seasons. Cornerback DeAngelo Hall also occasionally worked in the role during camp and top wideout Santana Moss is available whenever Coach Jim Zorn and special teams coordinator Danny Smith seek a late-game spark.

"We just had some inconsistencies back there last year as far as coverage and punts that really hurt us," Alexander said after practice today at Redskins Park. "We had punts all over the place - with no hang time - and you've got a lot of great returners in this league who can take it to the house.

"The year, with the addition of Hunter Smith back there, our punt team is going to be a whole lot better. I definitely feel good about that. You see [in the preseason] how he was just booming punts. So overall, I think we'll do a lot better."

Led by special-teams standout Rock Cartwright, the Redskins were among the NFC's most productive teams on kickoff returns. Cartwright, again selected a team captain, ranked fourth in the conference in kickoff return yards (1,307) and sixth in return average (25.6).

"Rock is one of the most dependable guys on this team," Alexander said. "He's the main reason why our return game has been as good as it is. You know you can always count on Rock."

With the retirement of wide receiver James Thrash and the Redskins' decision not to re-sign linebacker Khary Campbell, Smith lost two of his biggest contributors on teams. Essentially, Alexander and defensive end/strong-side linebacker Chris Wilson (he plays on punt coverage and punt return) replaced Campbell, who started at four positions on teams.

"That's four positions on special teams that were locked down," Alexander said. "Khary was a rock. You knew he was going to be there to make a good block or make a tackle. So it falls back on guys like me now, and Chris Wilson and Justin Tryon.

"We've just got to fill that void as best we can. We're all going to have to raise our games to another level to fill in for those guys who had a lot of experience."

Thrash did some of his best work blocking for Cartwright. Second-year wide receiver Devin Thomas showed a good burst on returns while filling in for Cartwright during a preseason game against the New England Patriots, and it would not be surprising to see Thomas and Cartwright together to start the season, Zorn said. But Cartwright is the team's primary returner.

"James was a great off-returner. He really didn't get too much with Rock back there," Alexander said. "Guys like Devin and my boy [running back Marcus] Mason are going to step up as far as being an off-returner. I think they'll be able to fill the void."

Place kicker Shaun Suisham was selected as the winner in the preseason kicking competition with Dave Rayner. Suisham is coming off a down year on field-goal attempts and kickoffs, and the Redskins need him to perform better overall.

Wide receiver Domenik Hixon, New York's top punt returner, averaged 10.1 yards on 24 returns last season and had a long return of 50 yards. Running back Danny Ware is in his first season as the Giants' lead kickoff returner. Power back Ahmad Bradshaw has a 23.2-yard average on 77 returns in his career.

"They're strong guys," Alexander said. "They run real hard. Those guys are tough runners. Just trying to get them on the ground is the main key."

By Jason Reid  |  September 11, 2009; 4:59 PM ET
Categories:  Jason Reid
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Blache on Stopping Brandon Jacobs
Next: Zorn Addresses His Job Security

Comments

Posted by: CheyenneWY | September 11, 2009 5:01 PM | Report abuse

Wack, pussieified, hurt feeling bamas need not apply.

chasgiffen, and the trade Moss/Betts idiot, that means you.

I can move b1tch made dudes like yourselves out like U-HAULS since y'all gave me the "RI crown"

Dumbasses.

Posted by: RedDMV | September 11, 2009 5:04 PM | Report abuse

Giants coach Tom Coughiln said earlier this week that he was "optimistic" starting cornerback Aaron Ross would be able to play in Week One, despite a hamstring injury.

We're "optimistic" that Coughlin should have been more pessimistic.

Ross is listed as out for the game against the Redskins.

Elsewhere on the Giants' injury report, tackle Adam Koets (ankle) and linebacker Clint Sintim (groin) are doubtful, and cornerback Kevin Dockery (hamstring) is questionable.

For the Redskins, cornerback Carlos Rogers (calf) and tacke Mike Williams (ankle) are probable.

Posted by: jm220 | September 11, 2009 5:08 PM | Report abuse

Stumped, noticed you have Santonio Holmes on your FF team ... and left him on your bench this week. Oooops. In the Peeps league, Tampa played him, vs me. Holmes went for 20, probably close to the best he'll do all year. Big Ben, despite the 350+ yds, only went for 11 FF points.

I hate it when guys have their best games vs me!! Last year, Turner and westbrook both had their top games vs me.

Posted by: zcezcest1 | September 11, 2009 5:08 PM | Report abuse

Ok so now we are beginning to talk on the same page.

We had Mason last year, and possibly the year before that, why did we need to keep Betts (Last year).

We Drafted 2-3 receivers last year, we didn't go to the Superbowl, hell no one even considered it with the new Coach and all. It was a lot of teams last year looking for Quality Wideouts (Including the Skins) that was willing to give up multiple picks including there number 1. Ocho caught like 50 balls last year and we wanted to give up a 1 and a 3 last year, and 2 #1's 2 years ago. If they new they were going to draft all of those damn receivers why didn't they get some value for Moss. Keeping him served us no purpose last year. Bottom line is you have to manage the team properly, its why I'm never surprised at what the PATS does cause they no what the hell they are doing. Now we have all of these developing receivers and Moss. Do you honestly think Moss will retire here? You have to treat these players like investments, they are good to have and use, but when you don't need or want them anymore you must get something in return. Skins will get nothing for Moss, now. But maybe a team that is contending this year say, Minnesota, not saying that I want to give up or get rid of Moss, but for a #1 GOOD BYE.

Posted by: 15600_sknfan

Wrong.

We're not on the same page. Won't ever be. You missed me with that "handle mine" talk.

Like you're about to go tool up and come down to where I'm posting messages and clip me or some bulls***.

I do not think so.

Matter of fact come see the boy, the twins wanna holla...

Posted by: RedDMV | September 11, 2009 5:10 PM | Report abuse

optimistic about being questionable or doubtful about being pessimistic, or is plain old out more probable?

zoinks

Posted by: _Stumped_ | September 11, 2009 5:10 PM | Report abuse

zcezcest1,

Yeah, I saw that SJK useless 20 pts this morning. I should start Holme-boy now so he can disappoint me for many weeks to come.
But maybe he's better than some of those other sorry Bamas on my team.

I think you win FF bonus points for checking my bench though and you know that's not good...

Posted by: _Stumped_ | September 11, 2009 5:16 PM | Report abuse

R5,
See you there.
Hail to um!

Posted by: _Stumped_ | September 11, 2009 4:01 PM
---------
I'm back in DC for a few weeks, but i'll be out there in time for the Bucs game. Hail!

Posted by: Rod5 | September 11, 2009 5:25 PM | Report abuse

Hey RED this Bama's for you.

Posted by: _Stumped_ | September 11, 2009 5:26 PM | Report abuse

here is why you don't trade Moss... He's WAS our only threatening WR. Same with randle el, when you only have 2 legit WRs you don't get rid of either.

Isn't this a no brainer?

Ideally you have 4 or 5 legit WRs, we had 2 last year.

2-1=1 - 1= not enough

Posted by: pabrian2003 | September 11, 2009 5:31 PM | Report abuse

dirtbags, dirtbags, dirtbags, dirtbags....

Posted by: pabrian2003 | September 11, 2009 5:34 PM | Report abuse

chasgiffen, for the record I don't claim this to be my blog. So you can take your f'n co-signing and shove it up your azz d!ckbreath. I post here typically from 11-5ish M-F, the work day. But watching servers all day, you have a s***load of extra time on your hands. The day becomes boring and I come here to RI to get my blog on, ya dig.

Posted by: RedDMV
____________________

Yo Buckwheat, you missed the total, obvious sarcasm of my post. You must be one of those Fire Ready Aim guys. Good ranting skills, just need to add proper targeting.

Posted by: chasgiffen | September 11, 2009 5:36 PM | Report abuse

Rod5 (made me think of Red 5, wasn't that Luke Skywalker's call sign?), just echoing Stumped to say welcome welcome... and we'll see you at BWW downtown when we see ya.

Hit me anytime at nateinthepdx at gmail if you wanna touch base. Look forward to meeting you. We've lost Stumptown Chris and Chia Pet to moves in the past year, and while we landed Bucktown Skins Fan in the offseason we're still a man down. Good to know you're out here.

Posted by: NateinthePDX | September 11, 2009 5:44 PM | Report abuse

RedDMv I think 15600_sknfan is probably right.

Moss did not have a good year last year at wide receiver. Not many talked about it. Most blame ARE. Yet many actually rank ARE higher than Santana Moss. That is not good.

You can do like most of the other follow-the-herd types and blame Campbell. I've really grown tired of needing "the franchise QB" when there are really only 2 in the NFL right now: Brady and P. Manning. Completely ignoring the fact that the last time the Redskins had a "franchise quaterback" was in the seventies when Christian Adolph Jurgenson donned the burgundy and gold.

Moss did not appear to have the same ability to separate himself from coverage as he had in the past? Why?

He's right with Kelly, Mitchell, Davis and Cooley and if Thomas decides not to be a descendant of Howard, Westbrook, Gardner et al ... they may have a better chance at having an explosive offense. WITH ANY QB.

Posted by: periculum | September 11, 2009 5:50 PM | Report abuse

Noting from the above. If Wilson is now critical for the special teams he will be active every single week.

Note to Mason: catch a clue spud.

Posted by: periculum | September 11, 2009 5:53 PM | Report abuse

Zorn = COACH
COACH = Christ On A CrutcH

Posted by: MrPink | September 11, 2009 5:54 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: boozyb | September 11, 2009 6:07 PM | Report abuse

Moss never gets any criticism! 2 TDs against Fallas put a Teflon coating on him. Decided to leave the typo, I like it.

Posted by: pabrian2003 | September 11, 2009 6:11 PM | Report abuse

Seymour, I thought the guy was a pro. Go to work man, what are you a rookie?

Posted by: pabrian2003 | September 11, 2009 6:19 PM | Report abuse

I think you trade Santana if you're stockpiling picks for an uncapped 2010 (no cap for draft picks, either). And I think Dan has been doing exactly this in prep for 2010 and a new Offensive minded HC.

When Dan got shot down on the Sanchez chase..and the JC trade. He never again tried to trade any of the 2010 picks to move up or move around in the Draft... Uncharacteristically he left them intact.

And all subsequent personnel moves and dollars invested (except Dockery who was grabbed off the waiver wire) have been for the Defense.. draft and free agency.. Almost 10 to 1.. Ie. 200 mil for the D versus 20 mil for the Offense. And that includes contract extensions.. none for the O.

So, I guaran-dam-tee it if Snyder trades Santana Moss, the skins only bonafide threat that draws double coverage, then we're wasting our time watching a lame duck Offense on the field.
If proven true (which is impossible) ticket holders should ask for a refund.

++++++++++++++++

Isn't this a no brainer?

Ideally you have 4 or 5 legit WRs, we had 2 last year.

2-1=1 - 1= not enough

Posted by: pabrian2003 | September 11, 2009 5:31 PM

Posted by: SkinsneedaGM | September 11, 2009 6:37 PM | Report abuse

INACTIVE LIST

E. Williams...c-g
D' Batiste....g-t
M. Mason......rb
M. Mitchell...wr
R. Wynn.......de
R. Henson.....lb
K. Barnes.....db
B. Westbrook..db

Posted by: glawrence007 | September 11, 2009 6:54 PM | Report abuse

The Post has so many articles on fringe players. How about an assessment of the coach, who was inexperienced and therefore predictable last year? The Giants have so many injuries on D going into Sunday's game, the game should demonstrate whether Zorn has progressed enough to exploit those weaknesses into a win.

Offhand, the NYT did exactly what I'm suggesting, although it was only fair not great.

Posted by: rfjh1 | September 11, 2009 6:58 PM | Report abuse

Seymour, I thought the guy was a pro. Go to work man, what are you a rookie?

Posted by: pabrian2003
__________________________

Personally, I'd love to see the Pats not get that 1st rounder from the Raiders...

Posted by: chasgiffen | September 11, 2009 7:25 PM | Report abuse

does anyone have any idea why Kharry Campbell was release??? It sounds like it's a burden to the team to have done so, needing multiple players to replace one player.

Posted by: jistutz | September 11, 2009 7:30 PM | Report abuse

which of course could be a top 5 1st rounder...

Posted by: chasgiffen | September 11, 2009 7:32 PM | Report abuse

8 inactives:

1-Marko Mitchell (i'd rather for him to stay active but i know it's not going to happen since Devin Thomas will be given preference)

2-Marcus Mason (another unpopular inactive pick obviously)

3-Will Montgomery

4-Fred Davis

5-Jeremy Jarmin (see #1 & 2 above)

6-Byron Westbrook

7-Kevin Barnes

8-Kareem Moore (i'd pick Todd Collins and have ARE as our back-up QB because KMoore is a good special teamer)

Posted by: RedCherokee | September 11, 2009 7:40 PM | Report abuse

zcezcest1,

But maybe he's better than some of those other sorry Bamas on my team.

Posted by: _Stumped_ | September 11, 2009 5:16 PM

After Santonio dropped 20 against me, I decided to see who he'd done good for in the other league. And when I saw he was benched, figured misery could use a little company.

Posted by: zcezcest1 | September 11, 2009 7:50 PM | Report abuse

ZEKE'S UNIQUE PERSPECTIVES

Once again, in 2009, brought to you by the fine purple people at Yahoo!

Part 1

Tell me the basics, ZEKE:

"Barring injuries". The disclaimer that is so prevalent, most people don't even bother with it anymore. And yet, the story of the 2009 Redskins will be told by injuries. This team has 12-4 talent. But it also has KNOWN injury risks that haven't been addressed.

We have a very good defense that could easily step into greatness. Worth 6 wins even if the offense never even shows up. If the offense does show up and stays healthy, this team could easily win 12. With a few good surprises, 14 wins isn't out of the question. Am I saying this team has Super Bowl talent? Yes I am.

The offense has considerable talent. Portis, Moss, Samuels and Cooley are all very good players. The young WRs made enough progress to be taken seriously, and that is valuable to this team.

The QB is solid. The OL is the key to this story.

The special teams are likely to be better. Both kicker and punter will be improve, though keeping ARE as the PR is a mystery that concerns me in more ways than one.

The schedule we play is tough enough. By my count, we play 8 games vs teams that won 8 or 9 games in 2008, 4 games against 10 or more win teams. And 4 against teams that stunk in 2008.

Posted by: zcezcest1 | September 11, 2009 7:51 PM | Report abuse

RedCherokee..
you now qualify to coach the redskins...you can be GM, too if you want to..
++++++++++++

Posted by: RedCherokee | September 11, 2009 7:40 PM |

Posted by: SkinsneedaGM | September 11, 2009 7:52 PM | Report abuse

ZEKE'S UNIQUE PERSPECTIVES Part 2

A bit more detail, ZEKE:

On defense, the preseason caused me to adjust my expectations slightly downward. The defense seemed to play as less than the sum of its parts. Landry, in particular, looked out of position as the free safety. The known injury risks here are Albert, Rocky and Rogers. London Fletcher hasn't suffered many injuries along the way, but his age may make him more susceptible to injury. Still, our depth on defense will cover up a few dings. The upside for this defense is substantial. If it pulls it together, it is in the same class as the Steelers and Ravens. Is this a championship caliber defense? If they play up to their talent level, absolutely.

The offense is really where this team will succeed or fail. The most important player on our entire team is Santana Moss. When healthy, Moss is among the top 10 WRs in the league (and would be top 5 if he didn't have so many drops), giving the Skins a dangerous passing threat that defenses must address. But once his hammy tweaks, he's more like the 50th best WR and the Skins offense becomes very limited.

But nothing is more critical to this team that the OL. Many have suggested the OL is not very talented. Not true. Its adequate, maybe even good -- capable of supporting a playoff team. Barring injuries.

Posted by: zcezcest1 | September 11, 2009 7:53 PM | Report abuse

ZEKE'S UNIQUE PERSPECTIVES Part 3

My perspective on the OL isn't unique, but since it IS the key to the season, it has to be addressed. Almost the entire OL is suspect. I subscribe to the weakest link theory ... defenses will find ways to put their top guy on our weakest link. We're facing lots of great DL guys and if we have multiple weak links, it'll be trouble. The OL is the equivalent of a car engine for this team. When a car starts blowing engine parts, its not long before the whole jalopy comes to a halt. A valve here and a gasket there. Or in this case, Thomas, Heyer and Samuels. I wrote these names down at the start of camp and it comes as no surprise that all 3 have had health issues already. It feels like a case of 'when', not 'if' our OL starts to crumble. Our OL depth is frightening. That said, there are available guys like runyan (though news is pending on that front) and Kendall that are worthy stopgaps. If we need to prop up our OL, it maybe with guys like this -- not the guys on our current roster. Can an OL of Samuels, Dock, Rabach, Kendall and runyan get us into the playoffs? Yes it can. That line is also capable of winning playoff games. Vinny and the Stopgaps. Sounds like a singing group.

I won't belabor the QB issue, Campbell is a fine QB if he has time to throw the ball. Behind Moss, the WRs are OK as long as Moss is healthy. Kelly or ARE as a #1 WR? Not a pretty sight. But we've improved a lot from last year, when James Thrash was our #3 guy. Portis is a very good RB, but he can only succeed if the OL is solid in front of him. Of course, one of these years, Portis will go out there and he'll have nothing to give. I don't expect that year to be 2009, but its never easy to predict.

Posted by: zcezcest1 | September 11, 2009 7:54 PM | Report abuse

ZEKE'S UNIQUE PERSPECTIVES Part 4

How about the coach, ZEKE:

Thanks for bringing it up. This heavy sigh is for you, Jim Zorn. I've not been impressed with some of the decisions you've made. "Just say no" to ARE returning punts. Set the WRs so there is plenty of time for the primary packages to prepare -- but that was weeks ago and you waited and waited and waited. The wait helped no one. Except our opponents. I understand the desire to use Betts more. But 3rd down? Have your money guy in on 3rd down. His name is Portis. Plus, if things go bad at some point, this isn't the character locker room of recent seasons. Zorn struggled with handling character issues last season, it might be tougher this year. Suffice to say, I'm not sold on Jim Zorn.

Bottom line it ZEKE:

Defense gets 6 wins, the health of the offense dictates whether we get 6 more wins. If the OL holds up for 16 games, 12-4. If it holds up for 8 games, 9-7. If it falls apart early on, 7-9. My guess, this OL starts blowing a gasket about the halfway point and 2009 feels a lot like 2008. 9-7. But if Vinny and the Stopgaps come through, 11-5.

And that's a wrap on the season opener edition of ZEKE'S UNIQUE PERSPECTIVES, once again, in 2009, brought to you by the fine people at Yahoo!

Posted by: zcezcest1 | September 11, 2009 7:55 PM | Report abuse

1st half schedule much softer than 2nd half (Raiders notwithstanding).. too bad its not the other way around given what happened last year with the OLine.. Many dire predictions on this board that Samuels, who is draining his knee often, will not make it to November.
+++++++++++++++

Posted by: zcezcest1 | September 11, 2009 7:51 PM

Posted by: SkinsneedaGM | September 11, 2009 7:58 PM | Report abuse

does anyone have any idea why Kharry Campbell was released???

What a question I'm surprised Zeke didn't answer it?

New linebackers in Orapko and Wilson left no room for K. Campbell and at the end, off season pick up Thomas? Instead they kept most all of the draft picks. Hoping they learn to be special teams headhunters ala Thrash (who had an off year) and K. Campbell.

Posted by: periculum | September 11, 2009 8:19 PM | Report abuse

"Many dire predictions on this board that Samuels, who is draining his knee often, will not make it to November."

The guy who posted that Samuels has been having his knee drained regularly and that it's not likely to last did it as a joke. It was BeantownGreg doing his fake "PFT" reports. He does it to see who freaks out. Samuels is fine.

Posted by: psps23 | September 11, 2009 8:21 PM | Report abuse

I like our offseason moves,but K.Campbell and Demetric Evans seemed to earn they're modest salary.WTF.Why not allow them to flourish.

Posted by: mark65 | September 11, 2009 8:30 PM | Report abuse

Redskins TV Guide

Antwaan Randle El hosts "Redskins Game Day," broadcast Sundays at 11 a.m. on WTTG FOX-5. Catch Redskins-produced TV shows every weekend this season.

Posted by: RedCherokee | September 11, 2009 8:34 PM | Report abuse

mark, I think that K Campbell reached his potential. He was cut by Huston and is still an FA. Evans was not going to beat out PDaniels plus we needed to groom some youngsters.

Neither was going to improve our team this year.

Posted by: Curzon417 | September 11, 2009 8:47 PM | Report abuse

psps23
From the Wash Times a few weeks ago.. albeit the word "often" is not used..

"As the Redskins kick off the preseason Thursday at the Baltimore Ravens, Samuels will begin to learn whether his triceps - and his left knee, which was scoped during the offseason and needed fluid drained from it last week - is fully recovered and whether his newfound commitment will pay off in a return to his Pro Bowl form."

From BGOBSession.com.. same draining maybe??
"
I am terribly worried about the health of the line. Let's just look at the injuries so far on the line during camp:
Samuels (knee-fluid drained)
Rabach (calf)
Thomas (knee, elbow)
Heyer (knee)
Williams (groin)
Bridges (ankle)
Burley (cramps)"
+++++++++++

Posted by: psps23 | September 11, 2009 8:21 PM

Posted by: SkinsneedaGM | September 11, 2009 8:48 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: rfjh1 | September 11, 2009 6:58 PM |

You bring up a good point. The NYT blog has a different slant than RI because it is more about pro football and less about a particular team, although it does cover the Jets and Giants. As a result you get thought-provoking articles like the one on Zorn that you referenced from a variety of commentators instead of a lot of useless minutiae about Skins players from the reisdent HS journalist that is more folderol than meaty info.

Posted by: MrPink | September 11, 2009 9:12 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: zcezcest1 | September 11, 2009 7:55 PM |

Hey, Ezekiel dude. It was shti when you posted it before and surprise, surprise, it is still shti.

Posted by: MrPink | September 11, 2009 9:16 PM | Report abuse

other interesting differences in reading out of town journalists is less puff and more facts and criticism about the ownership .. Other than Jenkins, Feinstein and Grimaldi (recent ticket scam)..all the other junior journalists are afraid to burn their Snyder bridges due to his ownership of other sports media outlets.. radio, tv, web.. etc. Print media is dying.. so where do you send your Resume in this town if you pi ss off the Danny?
Jenkins and Feinstein have other sources of income (books) and you can see it in their comments about Snyder. No holds barred.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Posted by: MrPink | September 11, 2009 9:12 PM

Posted by: SkinsneedaGM | September 11, 2009 9:30 PM | Report abuse

Curzon,Good point,but our coverage teams were atrocious preseason,and they were key cogs in that department and they were young.Campbell deserves to be on a roster based on his special teams production,yet is a victim of #'s game and anxious orgonizations like the redskins.

Posted by: mark65 | September 11, 2009 9:44 PM | Report abuse

Mark, although Khary was good on teams, we need young guys that are developing to play on D or O and need to get away from Teams only players.

That is why there was talk on here about cutting Rock. If/when Mason becomes a better Teams player, Rock will be let go.

Let's say we have an injury to one of our Teams players, Khary is available to sign and add to Teams. I felt the same would have been true of Rock if he was cut.

At some point you have to make tough choices and cut one dimensional players.

Posted by: Curzon417 | September 11, 2009 9:57 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: zcezcest1 | September 11, 2009 5:08 PM
======================================

My fantasy football mantra - It is better to be lucky than be good

Although zcezcest1, I think you will be ahead by Monday

Posted by: noonefromtampa | September 11, 2009 10:25 PM | Report abuse

Like I said:

That Beantown boy he start with port, drink two or three quart. Boogie to the Mason hype, drinking Natty Boh as he type. Blogging two weeks straight on Wyamine; Don't mix too good with MD20-20 ice box wine.

Posted by: periculum | September 11, 2009 10:30 PM | Report abuse

My fantasy football mantra - It is better to be lucky than be good

Posted by: noonefromtampa

Absolutely. In the league last year, the 4 team/2 week playoffs were won by Zornskins. During the 2 week playoffs, Zornskins had the fewest total points!!

Though it was strange to have the lowest scorer in the playoffs win, Zornskins was the #1 scorer in the regular season by a bunch -- he was good, then lucky!!

Posted by: zcezcest1 | September 11, 2009 11:54 PM | Report abuse

Just watched highlights of the post game last night on NFL Network. JLA looked like he was about to propose to Santonio "420" Holmes. He was all giddy like an ugly girl getting asked to prom by the start QB.

Posted by: Section104 | September 12, 2009 12:15 AM | Report abuse

Last?

Screw first.

Posted by: Section104 | September 12, 2009 12:29 AM | Report abuse

Sorry, try again!

Posted by: Curzon417 | September 12, 2009 12:46 AM | Report abuse

brian baldinger is such a douch3r

Posted by: BMACattack | September 12, 2009 1:48 AM | Report abuse

You wish you were last.

Posted by: chasgiffen | September 12, 2009 2:07 AM | Report abuse

Rise n' shine! Good morning! beep beep in advance! :)

btw- last if not first!