M. Williams, Rogers, Cartwright Out

Mike Williams (ankle), Carlos Rogers (calf) and Rock Cartwright (groin) will not play tonight against the Patriots at FedEx Field.

Shawn Springs will not play tonight for the Patriots.

By Jason Reid  |  August 28, 2009; 6:46 PM ET
Categories:  Jason Reid
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: The Forecast, the blog and Twitter
Next: Campbell, It Turns Out, Is Clairvoyant

Comments

LET'S GET READY TO RUMBLE!

~

Posted by: ifthethunderdontgetya | August 28, 2009 6:50 PM | Report abuse

I'm listening to espn980 and, I know its been said before, but Sam Huff has lost his mind. I'm embarrassed for him. They need to get him off the radio.

Posted by: Rusty6392 | August 28, 2009 6:52 PM | Report abuse

Gee, do you think? My contention is not that he was treated illegally. It is that he was treated inequitably. When two people in identical circumstances receive different sentences, that is unfair. And Plax, because he was a celebrity, received a harsher sentence than others who had done similar things.

You don't agree. Fine. Agree to disagree.

Posted by: talent_evaluator | August 28, 2009 6:38 PM | Report abuse

Look, my initial beef was about going after the DA.

Do I think Plax was treated "fairly"?

My answer is "I don't know".

If reports are true that he turned down initial offers that involved several months in jail plus community service, then I don't feel bad for him at all. You cop, you cooperate, you get a better deal - that's fair.

If the DA and Bloomy sat around and talked about how much they hate Plax and how they want to stick it to him in particular and make it especailly tough on him, then that's pretty raw.

Like I said before - There's alot we don't know.

Posted by: p1funk | August 28, 2009 6:53 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: p1funk | August 28, 2009 6:54 PM | Report abuse

scamp, re-read the post you quoted, "...with an illegal handgun".

To put this in relative terms to my Ohio guy: Stallworth would have gotten his sentence for stealing $16,666.67, and Plax $400,000.08 for his (to scale for years in prison vs. money stolen). Whacky.

Posted by: RomoLongballs | August 28, 2009 6:54 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: RomoLongballs | August 28, 2009 6:57 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Rusty6392 | August 28, 2009 6:52 PM
***************

Agreed. I can't listen to the radio broadcasts any more. It's depressing.

Sometimes you just gotta cut the rope.

Posted by: smurff11 | August 28, 2009 6:58 PM | Report abuse

So what's the QB situation tonight?

I thought JReid wrote a day or two ago that it would be Campbell for the 1st half, followed by Brennan and Daniel in the 2nd half, with Collins taking the night off.

But I was talking to my dad earlier today, and he said WTOP Sports stated Collins would play after Campbell.

Posted by: freakzilla | August 28, 2009 7:01 PM | Report abuse

scamp, re-read the post you quoted, "...with an illegal handgun".

Posted by: RomoLongballs | August 28, 2009 6:54 PM |

Gotcha RLB. I was really commenting on the fact that most people (such as in the post below) seem to think he got 2 years for shooting himself. That is not the case, shooting himself just drew attention to the fact that he was commiting a crime.

Aw man...all this legal mumbo jumbo ya'll talkin'...

Two years for shooting yourself with a gun in club...

I'd have given him 6 months in jail, 3 years probation

BUT...

You know how they do they do tha' brothas!

Posted by: rickyroge | August 28, 2009 6:40 PM |

Posted by: scampbell1975 | August 28, 2009 7:02 PM | Report abuse

If it happend in VA, he would have got probation, and been on with his career. But he was in NY where "the law is the law". What a joke.

Posted by: cj658
____________________

Yes but VA is a "right to be stupid" state.

Posted by: chasgiffen | August 28, 2009 7:04 PM | Report abuse

Ha! Carlos Rogers-coverage skills=Shawn Springs

Posted by: scampbell1975 | August 28, 2009 7:05 PM | Report abuse

Springs is injured SHOCKER!

Posted by: alex35332 | August 28, 2009 7:05 PM | Report abuse

Hmm I wonder if there's anything Sam Huff did earlier in life that may lead to dain bramage.

Posted by: chasgiffen | August 28, 2009 7:06 PM | Report abuse

Saw Steinberg Tweeted this. "dcsportsbog---Sam Huff......wow."

Just turned on 980.com, what did Huff say?

Posted by: will_ga | August 28, 2009 7:09 PM | Report abuse

Well, that tears it. MIKE WILLIAMS is out for the most important game of his come-back career. ROCK is out too. We lose, automatically. Mail it in, like '07 game.

Some of you guys haven't forgotten the last game have you? Well, I haven't. It was embarressing to watch. I don't know how any REDSKIN walked off the field. Should have slithered instead. Have any of the new guys resurrected your back-bones? CREAM these muthas. Its muddy. Make 'um strangle in their own snot.

Posted by: glawrence007 | August 28, 2009 7:12 PM | Report abuse

ah, gotcha scamp, that was my beef too with some of the radio blah blah blah of the same ilk. Do we know what Springs has injured? (insert va-jay-jay joke here)

Posted by: RomoLongballs | August 28, 2009 7:12 PM | Report abuse

It makes me sad to think about Sam Huff fading away.

I would love it if whoever owns the rights could compile a Sonny, Sam & Frank "greatest hits" CD set. It could feature their calls of some of the all-time great plays, plus the general joking and cajoling and bickering that made them such a great broadcast team.

You know it would sell. Redskins Nation would eat it up.

Posted by: freakzilla | August 28, 2009 7:14 PM | Report abuse

Keep the daily news clips comin, yesterday's was t!ts!!

Posted by: RomoLongballs | August 28, 2009 7:15 PM | Report abuse

I felt that Huff was getting up there 2 years ago. And working with Larry led paint potato chips Michael does not help him.

Posted by: alex35332 | August 28, 2009 7:15 PM | Report abuse

Keep the daily news clips comin, yesterday's was t!ts!!

Posted by: RomoLongballs | August 28, 2009 7:15 PM

Did you see today's? It was Bill doing his impression of Tom Brady tonight.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | August 28, 2009 7:17 PM | Report abuse

Not to be confused with Massive Corporate and Bank Welfare and Bailouts, Indebting the Middle and Lower Classes For Eternity..

Posted by: frak | August 28, 2009 6:21 PM

Sorry dude, I couldn't help it, I swore I would stay out of political discussions because I can't be trusted to be civil. But be clear, Obama's cronnies did all that bailing out and have our debt soaring. Now I'll leave it alone...

Posted by: scampbell1975
____________________________

Yes damn Obama for spending all that money to save the US economy & financial system from ruin caused by 8 years of the stupidest (spelling correct) president in the history of stupid, and his corrupt cronies. Damn damn Obama!

How hard is it to get this? Class? Claaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaas? Wake up!!!!!!!!!! (credit to Cheech & Chong)

OK now back to football.

Posted by: chasgiffen | August 28, 2009 7:20 PM | Report abuse

Like I said before - There's alot we don't know.

Posted by: p1funk | August 28, 2009 6:53 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: p1funk | August 28, 2009 6:54 PM

Are you someone's wife? Do you always have to have the last word? Twice I say "agree to disagree" and you come back and repeat what you already said. And then you post it twice on separate threads.

Okay. I give in. You're right and I'm wrong. Plax got two years and it's fair. There. No more agree to disagree. You're right, honey. And you were right all along. I was a stupid oaf.

Posted by: talent_evaluator | August 28, 2009 7:27 PM | Report abuse

*burp* h-h-heyy.. who put bacon bits in my milkshake?! Leave the politic talk outta this for now and focus on Redskins fubball! Hail

Orakpo will eat Brady for dessert! :)

Posted by: RedCherokee | August 28, 2009 7:28 PM | Report abuse

OK now back to football.

Posted by: chasgiffen | August 28, 2009 7:20 PM |

Posted by: scampbell1975 | August 28, 2009 7:29 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: talent_evaluator
_________________

Isn't that supposed to be followed by "Now be a good wife, and give your husband a ________ "?

Posted by: chasgiffen | August 28, 2009 7:31 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: talent_evaluator | August 28, 2009 7:27 PM

Cue TE sitting at kitchen table glowering at his empty plate, p1 in flower-printed apron, barefoot and pregnant, looking smug.

Posted by: RomoLongballs | August 28, 2009 7:31 PM | Report abuse

This close to game time and people still out dumbing each other about politics? Wow...just wow. (chas-G I actually liked your comment)

Posted by: chrislarry | August 28, 2009 7:33 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: RomoLongballs | August 28, 2009 7:31 PM

And thinking about tomorrow when he's taking his young secretary to the No-Tel Motel for a nooner.

Posted by: talent_evaluator | August 28, 2009 7:35 PM | Report abuse

anyone have a link for the game being streamed?

Posted by: jasonma1 | August 28, 2009 7:36 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: chrislarry | August 28, 2009 7:33 PM

Rising....to....surface....

Posted by: scampbell1975 | August 28, 2009 7:36 PM | Report abuse

How about we can agree to disagree on JC, 11 vs.12 + 84,Mason vs. Rock, Colt vs. Chase, ARE vs. bowl of jello,....we have plenty of football related issues to fill the next few hours.

Posted by: will_ga | August 28, 2009 7:37 PM | Report abuse

"I want to take the bait but I'll let you learn from history...which is still being written."

wow deep.....stick to football and news radio, please?

Scamp, I usually try to ignore your political rants and respect that America is a big place with room for all ideaologies and than you spit out some supremely ignorant siht like that pinko commie fag comment and well I revert to my original assumptions.

Posted by: chrislarry | August 28, 2009 7:38 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: will_ga | August 28, 2009 7:37 PM |

mmmmm...jello

Posted by: scampbell1975 | August 28, 2009 7:38 PM | Report abuse

Just because you think you're right cL doesn't make it so.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | August 28, 2009 7:40 PM | Report abuse

I'm hoping the game is getting streamed right here on CBS in Ohio.

I've been disappointed before, though...
~

Posted by: ifthethunderdontgetya | August 28, 2009 7:40 PM | Report abuse

why, that would be 96!

Posted by: RomoLongballs | August 28, 2009 7:40 PM | Report abuse

oh yea, and beep...beep...

Posted by: scampbell1975 | August 28, 2009 7:40 PM | Report abuse

Can't wait to see RB Anthony Alridge tonite.

He's the fastast guy on our training camp roster period Well maybe 2nd cuz Santana is a burner.

Anthony was recommended to vinnie and danny by a future HC candidate: Mike Shanahan; and we all know Shanahans track record for choosing running backs.

Posted by: Vicc | August 28, 2009 7:41 PM | Report abuse

beeep

Posted by: RedCherokee | August 28, 2009 7:41 PM | Report abuse

Something telling me that Danny boy promised DD that MW will make the roster. Mike Williams should be out there proving he can still play.

Posted by: redonmyskin | August 28, 2009 7:43 PM | Report abuse

anyone have a link for the game being streamed?

Posted by: jasonma1 | August 28, 2009 7:36 PM | Report abuse

I live in chi-zilla and its being broadcast here on CBS. I think its a national game if you're near a TV...

Posted by: buke | August 28, 2009 7:44 PM | Report abuse

Orakpo will eat Brady for dessert! :)

Posted by: RedCherokee
_________________________

You're right, my apologies, I digressed momentarily as I just couldn't tolerate those absurd comments going unanswered.

Now I want to see the Skins tell TBrady, at the line of scrimmage before the first snap, "I drink YOUR milkshake!"... followed by a long, loud, slurping sound... and then give him a vicious high/low sack (causing fumble, touchdown, glory, etc.)...

Posted by: chasgiffen | August 28, 2009 7:44 PM | Report abuse