Mason Will Be on 53-Man Roster (Updated)

Apparently, the third time around was good enough for running back Marcus Mason.

After a strong preseason performance in 2008 and again this preseason (as well as an '07 appearance and membership on the practice squad), Mason, who attended Georgetown Prep, has made the opening 53-man roster, according to a league source with knowledge of the situation. Mason didn't make the team last season, in large part, because of his deficiencies in pass protection. I didn't see much improvement this preseason, but I guess the Redskins did.

...

From Robert Henson's Twitter feed:

I knew my Lord and Savior would bring me through, I'm ready go to work !!

By Jason Reid  |  September 5, 2009; 4:40 PM ET
Categories:  Jason Reid
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Redskins May Start with 2 QBs on Roster
Next: Alridge, Bridges Among Redskins' Cuts (Updated)

Comments

Im first in the double post!

Posted by: Rush21 | September 5, 2009 4:51 PM | Report abuse

Jason Reid prepares to snack on crow.

Posted by: Chia_Pet | September 5, 2009 5:00 PM | Report abuse

"I didn't see much improvement this preseason"

Hey Reid!!! CHeck the game footage of when Campbell scored his only touchdown of the preseason by running into the endzone! Marcus Mason knocked a linebacker backwards to spring Campbell from the pocket! THAT'S pass blocking!! WAY TO GO MARCUS!!! HOMETOWN BOY!!

Posted by: ZMANN84 | September 5, 2009 5:00 PM | Report abuse

2st!

Posted by: chasgiffen | September 5, 2009 5:00 PM | Report abuse

MASON, MASON, MASON, rachael, na,na,na-na,nah.

Posted by: glawrence007 | September 5, 2009 5:00 PM | Report abuse

And that is why you're a journalist and not a football scout...He definitely improved on is pass blocking from last year to this year.

Posted by: wdhart3 | September 5, 2009 5:00 PM | Report abuse

Hope this pans out!

Posted by: bryaningrocery | September 5, 2009 5:00 PM | Report abuse

Thanks for deleting all our comments. ;(

Posted by: rachel216 | September 5, 2009 5:00 PM | Report abuse

I adore Moveable Type. Apologies, it hasn't had a hiccup like that in ages.

Posted by: Cindy Boren | September 5, 2009 5:02 PM | Report abuse

I am glad he is improved in his passblocking, but his SPEED is what we NEED

Posted by: bryaningrocery | September 5, 2009 5:02 PM | Report abuse

All I've got is my TV-viewing amateur perspective, but I thought Mason was a real weapon this preseason. Good move to keep him around.

Explosiveness-we need it on the roster and on the field.

Posted by: farstriker | September 5, 2009 5:02 PM | Report abuse

glawrence007- Alridge still has a chance... if they cut Rock or Ladell. Come on, he's VINNY's guy!!

Posted by: rachel216 | September 5, 2009 5:02 PM | Report abuse

Guess this means Aldridge did not make it:(

Posted by: Lisa_R | September 5, 2009 5:03 PM | Report abuse

SPEED at RB!! bout time VC

Posted by: bryaningrocery | September 5, 2009 5:04 PM | Report abuse

I'll write it again JReid is a 3 toed tree sloth!! Mason was key on pass blocking this preason and even was "called out" by Zorn for doing too much and not getting into routes!

Posted by: Hail2-2k9 | September 5, 2009 5:04 PM | Report abuse

wtf??

Now we all know Mason made the team this year because beantowngreg finally got on the Mason bandwagon. Way to go greg!

Posted by: Curzon417 | September 5, 2009 4:48 PM

Posted by: Curzon417 | September 5, 2009 5:04 PM | Report abuse

The Bucs have released kicker Matt Bryant according to Steve Duemig, drive-time radio host at WDAE in Tampa.

The release of Bryant was foretold (foreseen? foreshadowed?) by Mike Florio last night. Bryant's been working through a hamstring injury throughout camp and didn't play at all in the preseason. Bucs coach Raheem Morris reportedly told Bryant that he would be hurting his chances of making the team if the Bucs didn't see him kick in the final preseason game.

Bryant had one of the season's most stirring performance of last season when, one day after the funeral for his three-month-old son, Tryon, he kicked three field goals in a win over Green Bay.

Posted by: Skins1 | September 5, 2009 5:04 PM | Report abuse

Well, well.. at last Mason made it! What about Alridge and Rock?

Posted by: RedCherokee | September 5, 2009 5:05 PM | Report abuse

Another 'Duh' moment...

Posted by: 4thFloor | September 5, 2009 5:06 PM | Report abuse

The Skins need to sign Matt Bryant. This guy is a great kicker. I know he has a hamstring issue but they need to at least inquire to see how bad it is. He could solidify that kicker position for us.

Posted by: Skins1 | September 5, 2009 5:06 PM | Report abuse

I didn't see much improvement this preseason, but I guess the Redskins did

trying to be like your tubby dork friend I see.
Nice post jlc jr.

Posted by: jonthefisherman | September 5, 2009 5:07 PM | Report abuse

meh. they're just hoping he can get his act together on special teams so he can replace Rock in future years.

Posted by: visionof75 | September 5, 2009 5:07 PM | Report abuse

Mason? Uh-oh. I don't think Beantowngreg will report to work this week.

Posted by: talent_evaluator | September 5, 2009 5:09 PM | Report abuse

almost 1710 and no major news leaking out yet...

Posted by: noone_from_tampa | September 5, 2009 5:09 PM | Report abuse

I adore Moveable Type. Apologies, it hasn't had a hiccup like that in ages.

Posted by: Cindy Boren | September 5, 2009 5:02 PM

*hiccup!*

;)

Posted by: RedCherokee | September 5, 2009 5:10 PM | Report abuse

Some of us are perceptive and intelligent followers of the REDSKINS rachael, and some are not. BOTH of us are. ALRIDGE or MASON is like choosing BRENNAN or DANIEL, it doesn't mean squat until they prove something on the field. If ALRIDGE isn't picked up by some other club, and MASON falters, the 'SKINS will jingle ALRIDGE's phone and he get the chance to show what he can do in '09. No worries.

Posted by: glawrence007 | September 5, 2009 5:11 PM | Report abuse

Marcus Mason

DE Renaldo Wynn

K Shaun Suisham

TE Todd Yoder

And, according to 106.7 FM, CB Byron Westbrook is the sixth cornerback.

-- Ryan O'Halloran

Posted by: will_ga | September 5, 2009 5:11 PM | Report abuse

Ladell Betts is not my favorite Redskin.

Posted by: Chia_Pet | September 5, 2009 5:12 PM | Report abuse

How 'bout Byron Westbrook? I went to school with the guy at Salisbury...had a Bio. lab with him. Would like to see him get his shot...although I don't know if there is room.

Posted by: svxcountry1 | September 5, 2009 5:13 PM | Report abuse

Mason? Uh-oh. I don't think Beantowngreg will report to work this week.

Posted by: talent_evaluator | September 5, 2009 5:09 PM

Possibly due to indigestion. :(

Posted by: RedCherokee | September 5, 2009 5:13 PM | Report abuse

Anybody see Westbrook making it? I didn't. Good for him if true!

Posted by: will_ga | September 5, 2009 5:13 PM | Report abuse

Thanks JR for staying on top of things this afternoon. Since we're keeping Mason now, do we really need Rock/Betts? I say bring in Alridge now for one of those two.

Posted by: bones21 | September 5, 2009 5:14 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: svxcountry1 | September 5, 2009 5:13 PM

-----------

whoop de doo

Posted by: Chia_Pet | September 5, 2009 5:15 PM | Report abuse

Ex-Skins now ex others too
Ryan Boschetti cut by the Raiders
Khary Campbell cut by the Texans

Posted by: HerndonHomer | September 5, 2009 5:15 PM | Report abuse

Ladell Betts is not my favorite Redskin.

Posted by: Chia_Pet | September 5, 2009 5:12 PM

You've got to wonder if they've ever sold a Betts jersey.

Posted by: talent_evaluator | September 5, 2009 5:16 PM | Report abuse

I definitely didn't see him make it but he's never been a big time prospect so we don't hear much about him.

Posted by: svxcountry1 | September 5, 2009 5:16 PM | Report abuse

Ladell Betts is not my favorite Redskin.

Posted by: Chia_Pet | September 5, 2009 5:12 PM

You've got to wonder if they've ever sold a Betts jersey.

Posted by: talent_evaluator | September 5, 2009 5:16 PM

Is there a 'Bettis' jersey available?

Posted by: RedCherokee | September 5, 2009 5:17 PM | Report abuse

Hey Chia...just making the comment I've seen the guy play and talked to him...nice guy, deserves a shot. Don't want a cookie.

Posted by: svxcountry1 | September 5, 2009 5:17 PM | Report abuse

The NFL's Jason La Canfora reports that Williams is being shopped around the league in advance of possibly getting cut. Williams is due $4 million in salary in 2009

Posted by: jm220 | September 5, 2009 5:17 PM | Report abuse

Is there a 'Bettis' jersey available?

Posted by: RedCherokee | September 5, 2009 5:17 PM

Probably only to the first buyer.

Posted by: talent_evaluator | September 5, 2009 5:18 PM | Report abuse

glawrence007- I know. I was just playin' witcha. ;)

RedCherokee- Indigestion from a poison ivy burger correct? lol!!

Posted by: rachel216 | September 5, 2009 5:18 PM | Report abuse

I got the "Bettis" jersey as my background on my iPod Touch...along with Natinals.

Posted by: svxcountry1 | September 5, 2009 5:18 PM | Report abuse

You've got to wonder if they've ever sold a Betts jersey.

Posted by: talent_evaluator | September 5, 2009 5:16 PM

----------

Yes, thousands, but for the guy who played for the Steelers, Jerome Something or Another?

Posted by: Chia_Pet | September 5, 2009 5:19 PM | Report abuse

Westbrook will be on the team 'til a dependable veteran tackle is released and signs for the vet. minimum.

Posted by: saltine182 | September 5, 2009 5:19 PM | Report abuse

Anybody see Westbrook making it? I didn't. Good for him if true!

Posted by: will_ga | September 5, 2009 5:13 PM | Report abuse
Only recently, when CRogers' calf has been slow to heel. BW is insurance, for now. If CR returns to form, BW will be cut to make room for someone else.

Posted by: frediefritz | September 5, 2009 5:20 PM | Report abuse

RedCherokee- Indigestion from a poison ivy burger correct? lol!!

Posted by: rachel216 | September 5, 2009 5:18 PM

LOL

Posted by: RedCherokee | September 5, 2009 5:20 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: jm220 | September 5, 2009 5:17 PM |

That would be the s/cb from the Jags.

Posted by: Curzon417 | September 5, 2009 5:20 PM | Report abuse

SVX,

No worries and no cookie.

Posted by: Chia_Pet | September 5, 2009 5:20 PM | Report abuse

That would be the s/cb from the Jags.

Posted by: Curzon417

Yes that is correct

Posted by: jm220 | September 5, 2009 5:22 PM | Report abuse

You the Insider Reid? Maybe you the Outsider. Man oh man, without LaCanfora you ought to be flippin burgers.

Posted by: getitritegov | September 5, 2009 5:24 PM | Report abuse

Good...lactose intolerant...could take a beer though.

Are we seriously quoting JLa on here? I thought we got rid of him. haha.

Posted by: svxcountry1 | September 5, 2009 5:26 PM | Report abuse

I don't think WESTBROOK survives the cut. He was picked clean by the WR's a few times in the JAX game.

Now, LENDY HOLMES showed me something. He was really uneven in his play, but has potential. Pass him through waivers and put him on the meter.

I fear for this season with MIKE WILLIAMS making the o-line. It's really just an injury away from everything falling apart. JEREMY BRIDGES didn't show me anything against the first team d of JAX. I can't see ED WILLIAMS making the cut either.

MONTGOMERY comes to play and thank god we have a legitimate back-up center AND long-snapper. RINEHART is shaky at best against first team competition, but far above last year, when he couldn't even get onto the field. BATISTE looked solid at guard, but I couldn't catch the few plays he was in against first teamers. I didn't see him out there in the second quarter against JAX. He did not look good playing on the edge in earlier exhibition games this year, and T is not his natural position. He might be on the 53.

Posted by: glawrence007 | September 5, 2009 5:28 PM | Report abuse

By Jason Reid | September 5, 2009; 4:40 PM ET
Categories: Jason Reid

Jason Reid is the worst...... Can I get his job from the Washington Post? He is always the last to know anything and he should have INSIDER access... I knew around 2pm Marcus made the team.... Wow he is bad...... Jason, Should the Post cut you and send you packing because U don's jack. Chris Mort from ESPN in Bristle Conn, broke the Chase story and you was in Redskin Park all day and did not get any inside scoop on that story or anything else we should know.... Bring back the real Jason from NFL network please......

Posted by: thebanker21 | September 5, 2009 5:28 PM | Report abuse

Hmmm.. checking clock.. ahh, 31 more minutes to deadline.

Posted by: RedCherokee | September 5, 2009 5:29 PM | Report abuse

Eagles axe Ikegwuonu
Last year, the Eagles took a fourth-round flyer on cornerback Jack Ikegwuonu, a first-round prospect who suffered a torn ACL in January while training for the draft.

Posted by: jm220 | September 5, 2009 5:29 PM | Report abuse

Jason Reid is the worst......

Posted by: thebanker21 | September 5, 2009 5:28 PM

----------

Who the h - e -double hockey sticks are you?

Mr. Fancy Pants, I suppose?

Posted by: Chia_Pet | September 5, 2009 5:30 PM | Report abuse

Crazy assed idea: Skins shopping C Rogers for... something.

Posted by: SkinsfaninKaneohe | September 5, 2009 5:31 PM | Report abuse

I think we have to give credit to J Reid. I think he was the first to break the Mason story... where did you see that he made it at 2?? La Canfora was late on things as well...

Posted by: rachel216 | September 5, 2009 5:31 PM | Report abuse

Wow he is bad...

Posted by: thebanker21 | September 5, 2009 5:28 PM

----------

Wow, so are you.

Posted by: Chia_Pet | September 5, 2009 5:32 PM | Report abuse

I'm guessing that by week five that planeload of four kicker hopefuls that flies from town to town will be auditioning at Redskins Park.

Posted by: talent_evaluator |

Not saying Suisham is all that--he's a pickup from DALLAS for heaven's sake. BUT ignore last year. He didn't have a holder. It's why he kept the job this year.

Hunter Smith is a valuable add at two critical positions.

Posted by: TheCork | September 5, 2009 5:32 PM | Report abuse

I wonder if Jason is going to delete your comment..

Posted by: rachel216 | September 5, 2009 5:33 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: TheCork | September 5, 2009 5:32 PM |

Cork--Last year his kickoffs were carrying to the ten-yard line. You can't blame that on the holder.

Last year was his worst, and maybe he's returned to earlier form this year, but blaming the holder doesn't get it.

Posted by: talent_evaluator | September 5, 2009 5:35 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: rachel216

Actually it was broken by Ryan O'Halloran with the Washington Times BEFORE JReid.

The NFL Network has a show tonight at 7:00 dedicated totally to the "cuts" and "making the team." JLC will be on the show.

Posted by: Lisa_R | September 5, 2009 5:36 PM | Report abuse

WESTBROOK is in? I thought the team only carried five CB's and four safeties.

Posted by: glawrence007 | September 5, 2009 5:36 PM | Report abuse

Congrats Marcus Mason you deserve it, now show and prove it every opportunity you get. In addition, Vinny please tell me you have found a way to keep Alridge on the team as well.

Posted by: gcoles32 | September 5, 2009 5:36 PM | Report abuse

Ryan O halloran put on his twitter that Yoder made it... but I think we knew that already. Are we going to get the news of who made it player by player? ahahha

Posted by: rachel216 | September 5, 2009 5:36 PM | Report abuse

thebanker21 = Wells Fargo teller.

Posted by: Chia_Pet | September 5, 2009 5:36 PM | Report abuse

For the record: Referring to WaPo Redskins Insider as "Outsider" has been done before. If you think you are the first one to think of this, you're not. Slamming J Reid, RI, WaPo in general is fine as long as you know what you are talking about. If not, rest assured someone will point out your deficiencies. At least Jason R. seems to use spell check. Big improvement.

Posted by: will_ga | September 5, 2009 5:36 PM | Report abuse

And, according to 106.7 FM, CB Byron Westbrook is the sixth cornerback

-o halloran

Posted by: rachel216 | September 5, 2009 5:37 PM | Report abuse

49er's just cut T Alex Boone from Ohio State. He fell through the draft.

Posted by: frediefritz | September 5, 2009 5:37 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Lisa_R | September 5, 2009 5:36 PM

I can't believe how lame the NFL Network is. Right now with all the breaking news they're showing Bears/Browns.

Posted by: talent_evaluator | September 5, 2009 5:38 PM | Report abuse

KICKING GAME:

HUNTER SMITH - yes-s-s!!!!

SHAUN SUISHAM - bo0-o-o!!!!

Posted by: glawrence007 | September 5, 2009 5:39 PM | Report abuse

"...SPEED at RB!! bout time VC.."

Getting the guy--Mason--on the roster is one thing.

Getting the guy--Mason--on the field in the right situations is another.

You don't four running backs with the idea that a guy sits or isn't dressed on game day.

Mason's now on the team--play the guy.

Posted by: MistaMoe | September 5, 2009 5:39 PM | Report abuse

Mason's now on the team--play the guy.

Posted by: MistaMoe | September 5, 2009 5:39 PM

---------

On third downs, please...

Posted by: Chia_Pet | September 5, 2009 5:40 PM | Report abuse

Hello.

Welcome to Wells Fargo, how may I help you today?

Posted by: Chia_Pet | September 5, 2009 5:42 PM | Report abuse

'll write it again JReid is a 3 toed tree sloth!!

Posted by: Hail2-2k9

---

WJason Reid is the worst...... Can I get his job from the Washington Post? He is always the last to know anything and he should have INSIDER access...

Posted by: thebanker21 | September 5, 2009 5:28 PM

----------

Who the h - e -double hockey sticks are you?

Mr. Fancy Pants, I suppose?

Posted by: Chia_Pet |

COINCIDENCE? I DON'T THINK SO.

A few days after the Post nailed Mr. Potter and company a series of brand new posting names arrive to start ripping Jason R.and the Post

Here we go again. The slugs at Redskins Park have again been encouraged (or assume they should to impress the bosses) are again on the attack of the WaPo.

It stopped once JLaC left and while JR was Mr. Nice guy. But now Mr. Potter hates the Post again, and the attacks begin.

Remind you of anyone--now residing in Texas? Yeah me too.

Posted by: TheCork | September 5, 2009 5:42 PM | Report abuse

Mason's now on the team--play the guy.

Posted by: MistaMoe | September 5, 2009 5:39 PM

They'll give him a few carries, but then he'll have to earn more.

Posted by: talent_evaluator | September 5, 2009 5:42 PM | Report abuse

Corners
rogers
hall
smoot
tryon
barnes
westbrook

Posted by: rachel216 | September 5, 2009 5:43 PM | Report abuse

linebackers:

FLETCHER, McINTOSH, ORAKPO, THOMAS, WILSON, and-d-d-d HENSON.

Posted by: glawrence007 | September 5, 2009 5:43 PM | Report abuse

do we have to wait till exactly at 6pm!

Posted by: cocodc1 | September 5, 2009 5:44 PM | Report abuse

George Bush?

Roger Clemens?

Posted by: Chia_Pet | September 5, 2009 5:44 PM | Report abuse

do we have to wait till exactly at 6pm!

Posted by: cocodc1 | September 5, 2009 5:44 PM

----------

Posted by: Chia_Pet | September 5, 2009 5:45 PM | Report abuse

Willie Nelson?

T. Boone Pickens?

Posted by: lsskinsfan | September 5, 2009 5:46 PM | Report abuse

Is 6 pm press conference live anywhere?

Posted by: will_ga | September 5, 2009 5:47 PM | Report abuse

Ross Perot?

Posted by: lsskinsfan | September 5, 2009 5:47 PM | Report abuse

Listen, Jason Reid is the second & third to know anything and everything with the Skins.... His fact finding skills are below average at best. He should be replaced with someone who have the people skills to approach players and gain their trust and they will provide him true INSIDER information like most beat reporters around the league.

Chia_Pet, I know more about football then you would ever know and trust me that when I say my son know more about football than Jason Reid. Jason Reid get caught up reading and believing his own work.....

Posted by: thebanker21 | September 5, 2009 5:48 PM | Report abuse

Mista Moe, and the rest of ya fools. They aren't going to play Mason, nor Alridge if he makes it. Sheesh its a publicity stunt to improve the "image" after the ticket sales scandal. To give the "Danny" a more human face again.

Dudes they aren't any good on the specials they will be inactive until they are cut sometime after the 2nd or 3rd game for someone who can actually be useful ... ON THE SPECIALS like Young. And then they will be added to the practice squad.

Mason, Alridge can't play without upsetting the Skins resident prima-donna: one Clinton Portis.

Posted by: periculum | September 5, 2009 5:49 PM | Report abuse

Robert Henson made it!!!

Posted by: will_ga | September 5, 2009 5:49 PM | Report abuse

There now you have a prediction ...

Mason, and anyone else of his ilk -> practice squad by the 4th game.

Attribute it to J. Reid and Redskins Insider.

Posted by: periculum | September 5, 2009 5:50 PM | Report abuse

RedskinsLB58: I knew my Lord and Savior would bring me through, I'm ready go to work !!less than a minute ago from web

Posted by: will_ga | September 5, 2009 5:50 PM | Report abuse

Stop being mean. Jason Reid is a very busy man!!

Posted by: rachel216 | September 5, 2009 5:51 PM | Report abuse

Robert Henson made it!!!

Posted by: will_ga | September 5, 2009 5:49 PM | Report abuse

Reference, please?

Posted by: mohammed10 | September 5, 2009 5:51 PM | Report abuse

O.K. JR. Get that list of cuts ready for the 18:00 hour. We're waitin'.

Posted by: glawrence007 | September 5, 2009 5:51 PM | Report abuse

Hensen's in as LB per his tweet

Posted by: carocanesfan | September 5, 2009 5:52 PM | Report abuse

Bryan Smith, a defensive end out of McNeese State drafted in the third round by the Eagles in 2008 has been released according to a tweet by ESPN's Adam Schefter.

Posted by: jm220 | September 5, 2009 5:52 PM | Report abuse

yup, Henson made it :) He earned it with that last preseason game.

Posted by: rachel216 | September 5, 2009 5:52 PM | Report abuse

Jason Reid get caught up reading and believing his own work.....

Posted by: thebanker21 | September 5, 2009 5:48 PM

Yeah, why should we trust a reporter who believes his own work? Those are the worst kind.

Posted by: talent_evaluator | September 5, 2009 5:53 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: thebanker21 | September 5, 2009 5:48 PM

----------

I'm an inanimate object, a clay figurine designed to play host to a bed of sprouts, that when in full bloom resembles green, poofy hair.

Posted by: Chia_Pet | September 5, 2009 5:53 PM | Report abuse

Henson's Twitter page. See above. He could be lying but I doubt it.

Posted by: will_ga | September 5, 2009 5:53 PM | Report abuse

If Westbrook made the team it is as insurance in case Carlos is still limited by the injury in the begining of the season. Probably only a shor term move.

Posted by: Deadfish | September 5, 2009 5:53 PM | Report abuse

J. Reid or JLC doesn't matter both really have no clue!

Posted by: gre28man72 | September 5, 2009 5:53 PM | Report abuse

twitter can be so useful sometimes. good for henson. meanwhile- trent shelton wrote "God is good" on his twitter 43 minutes ago.

Posted by: rachel216 | September 5, 2009 5:54 PM | Report abuse

Favre on his ability to play 16 games: "I just don't know"

When will he just sit his a** down and stay down?

Posted by: jm220 | September 5, 2009 5:54 PM | Report abuse

Henson's Twitter page. See above. He could be lying but I doubt it.

Posted by: will_ga | September 5, 2009 5:53 PM | Report abuse

Found it...thanks!

Posted by: mohammed10 | September 5, 2009 5:54 PM | Report abuse

Why does the Post skins reporters get scooped every time?

Posted by: gre28man72 | September 5, 2009 5:55 PM | Report abuse

Stop being mean. Jason Reid is a very busy man!!

Posted by: rachel216

Rachel216, if you recall I told you around 2pm that Marcus made the team... Where was Jason Reid???????

Posted by: thebanker21 | September 5, 2009 5:56 PM | Report abuse

Thread Hijack-

So Redskins fans, who would you rather have JLC or our current chew toy, Jason Reid?

Posted by: mohammed10 | September 5, 2009 5:56 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: thebanker21 | September 5, 2009 5:48 PM

----------

Posted by: Chia_Pet | September 5, 2009 5:53 PM | Report abuse

heh heh. nice one.

Posted by: RomoLongballs | September 5, 2009 5:56 PM | Report abuse

Who cares if Reid has the info or not? I think it's fun when we all look for info ourselves and then share it with each other.

Posted by: rachel216 | September 5, 2009 5:56 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: cocodc1 | September 5, 2009 5:57 PM | Report abuse

...

From Robert Henson's Twitter feed:

I knew my Lord and Savior would bring me through, I'm ready go to work !!

By Jason Reid | September 5, 2009; 4:40 PM ET

Look up at the word (Updated).. 3 minutes to deadline!

Posted by: RedCherokee | September 5, 2009 5:58 PM | Report abuse

Jreid is 1,000,000 times better than JLC. Although they both have a love affair for an oft injured corner in NE

Posted by: drewkinnear | September 5, 2009 5:58 PM | Report abuse

RickMaeseRoster cuts: JBridges, AAlridge, RAgnone, SBurley, ABuzbee, CDaniel, ADixon, DDorsey, DDutch, KEloi, CGlenn, DHackett, LHolmes, RJackson...

Posted by: will_ga | September 5, 2009 5:59 PM | Report abuse

roster cuts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! http://www.redskins.com/gen/articles/With_Final_Cuts__Redskins_Reduce_Roster_to_53_49049.jsp

Posted by: cocodc1 | September 5, 2009 5:57 PM

Thank you!!!

Posted by: RedCherokee | September 5, 2009 6:00 PM | Report abuse

whoa! Bridges cut?

Posted by: RomoLongballs | September 5, 2009 6:01 PM | Report abuse

site is not loading, too many people are on redskins.com

ahhhh

Posted by: rachel216 | September 5, 2009 6:01 PM | Report abuse

RickMaeseMore roster cuts: DRayner, RRiley, TShelton, JDSkolnitsky, RThomas, EWilliams, DYoungless than a minute ago from web

Posted by: will_ga | September 5, 2009 6:01 PM | Report abuse

Buzbee?

Posted by: Chia_Pet | September 5, 2009 6:01 PM | Report abuse

nice work cocodc1

Posted by: talent_evaluator | September 5, 2009 6:01 PM | Report abuse

THIS IS FING BuL!$$h!T

why do the Feagles get an extra roster spot for the dog catcher??? They should have to eat the spot for however many weeks he is suspended.

A.J. Feeley will keep his wings after all.

With the Philadelphia Eagles unable to pull off a trade for the veteran quarterback, they will instead keep him as a third quarterback on the roster as the NFL has granted the team a roster exemption for Michael Vick until he is eligible to return in Week 3, Jason La Canfora of the NFL Network reports.

The Eagles worked to find a trading partner for Feeley, who is due to earn $1.3 million this season, but were unable to strike a deal. Feeley will be the No. 3 quarterback behind Kevin Kolb and Donovan McNabb.

It’s the good thing they kept plenty of passers around. La Canfora reports the Eagles’ final roster will include seven wide receivers. Someone will have to go when Vick returns for the Sept. 27 meeting with Kansas City at Lincoln Financial Field.

Posted by: SkinsfaninKaneohe | September 5, 2009 6:01 PM | Report abuse

I didn't see much improvement this preseason, but I guess the Redskins did

trying to be like your tubby dork friend I see.
Nice post jlc jr.

Posted by: jonthefisherman | September 5, 2009 6:01 PM | Report abuse

thanks coco!

Posted by: RomoLongballs | September 5, 2009 6:01 PM | Report abuse

FYI- CB (and VT grad) Eric Green was cut in SF...should we take a flyer?

Posted by: mohammed10 | September 5, 2009 6:01 PM | Report abuse

RickMaeseSo that means big names who did make it: RHenson, SSuisham, Batiste, MMason, MWilliams, BWestbrook, CWilson, TYoder, JTryon, MMitchellhalf a minute ago from web

Posted by: will_ga | September 5, 2009 6:02 PM | Report abuse

AAlridge- WHAT?!!! Not even p squad? I HATE VINNY CERRATO!!!

Posted by: rachel216 | September 5, 2009 6:02 PM | Report abuse

site is not loading, too many people are on redskins.com

ahhhh

Posted by: rachel216 | September 5, 2009 6:01 PM

----------

Should of bought a Mac.

Posted by: Chia_Pet | September 5, 2009 6:03 PM | Report abuse

Marko Mitchell who I am most happy about and can't wait for him to get into games.

Posted by: jm220 | September 5, 2009 6:03 PM | Report abuse

Rachel,

Cerrato is the man who brought Aldridge in for a look see.

Hate Aldridge for not making a stronger case for himself.

Posted by: Chia_Pet | September 5, 2009 6:05 PM | Report abuse

I don't think they can announce practice squad yet. Don't they have to clear waivers first?

Posted by: will_ga | September 5, 2009 6:05 PM | Report abuse

I really thought JACKSON would make it. I guess the experience and having to eat pat of WYNN's contract were too much to overcome.

Put the meter on DIXON, HOLMES, GLENN, ELOI and bid a fond adieu to the others. Hope JACKSON and BUZBEE catch on elsewhere.

Posted by: glawrence007 | September 5, 2009 6:05 PM | Report abuse

Trent Shelton WR First-year Player
J.D. Skolnitsky DE Undrafted Rookie
Robert Thomas LB 8-year Vet
Eddie Williams FB 2009 7th-Round Draft Pick
Darrel Young LB Undrafted Rookie

Posted by: noone_from_tampa | September 5, 2009 6:05 PM | Report abuse

AAlridge- WHAT?!!! Not even p squad? I HATE VINNY CERRATO!!!

Posted by: rachel216 | September 5, 2009 6:02 PM |

Rachel, Aren't you a little premature, or overly emotional? They announce the practice squad this time tomorrow.

Posted by: talent_evaluator | September 5, 2009 6:05 PM | Report abuse

Trent Shelton WR First-year Player
J.D. Skolnitsky DE Undrafted Rookie
Robert Thomas LB 8-year Vet
Eddie Williams FB 2009 7th-Round Draft Pick
Darrel Young

Posted by: gcoles32 | September 5, 2009 6:06 PM | Report abuse

Looks like the Williams kid (center from Maryland) made it.

Posted by: SkinsfaninKaneohe | September 5, 2009 6:06 PM | Report abuse

Now, Mitchell he will play ... oh most definitely he will play and thank god for it.

Posted by: periculum | September 5, 2009 6:06 PM | Report abuse

Chiapet, what does the computer you have, have to do with the traffic on a website?!?!!!!

Posted by: Thundershock | September 5, 2009 6:07 PM | Report abuse

Are you kidding me, they cut bridges and kept BMW, did they not watch how badly BMW was getting biotched in the Jax game....good for him he played 50 snaps without a heart attack but who cares, they were 50 terrible snaps.

Posted by: zjfr2 | September 5, 2009 6:07 PM | Report abuse

I'm gonna cry.

Posted by: rachel216 | September 5, 2009 6:08 PM | Report abuse

Wow, they cut Cody Glenn and Rob Jackson? Shortage of linebackers ?

Posted by: periculum | September 5, 2009 6:08 PM | Report abuse

I didn't realize it was Bridges or Williams. Surprised here, B seemed like a solid, versatile backup.

Posted by: RomoLongballs | September 5, 2009 6:08 PM | Report abuse

biggest surprise is Bridges thought he would be #1 backup along the line

Posted by: noone_from_tampa | September 5, 2009 6:08 PM | Report abuse

Byron Westbrook made it too. Hope Rogers is ok!

Posted by: Rush21 | September 5, 2009 6:08 PM | Report abuse

Looks like the Williams kid (center from Maryland) made it.

Posted by: SkinsfaninKaneohe | September 5, 2009 6:06 PM

lol yeah he did.. wow

Posted by: RedCherokee | September 5, 2009 6:08 PM | Report abuse

Cindy invoked the "Periculum hiccup" without cause? For shame!

Posted by: periculum | September 5, 2009 6:10 PM | Report abuse

beep

Posted by: RomoLongballs | September 5, 2009 6:10 PM | Report abuse

Alridge will bounce back.. either on practice squad or somewhere. He's a good player, no doubt about it.

Posted by: RedCherokee | September 5, 2009 6:11 PM | Report abuse

Yeah they cut Bridges ...

NO OL. NO OL. NO OL. NO OL. NO OL. NO OL. NO OL.

NOOL pronounced Neewwwwl.

Posted by: periculum | September 5, 2009 6:11 PM | Report abuse

SPEED at RB!! bout time VC

Posted by: bryaningrocery | September 5, 2009>/i>

WOWWWW speed on the inactive list? Went so fast I never saw him in a game! Where'd he go?

Posted by: periculum | September 5, 2009 6:13 PM | Report abuse

Wow Jeremy Bridges over BMW....odd. I thought Bridges was going to be a key back up.

Posted by: chrislarry | September 5, 2009 6:13 PM | Report abuse

I don't have any problems with the cuts except for Daniel. I think he won't make it to the practice squad as he'll likely be picked up by another team.

Posted by: Thundershock | September 5, 2009 6:16 PM | Report abuse

Some surprises, but I'm ready to ride with them. Congrats to Mason, and Westbrook for getting over the hump.

Posted by: TWISI | September 5, 2009 6:21 PM | Report abuse

I dont't expect him to set the world on fire, but Hallelujah!

The man earned it and deserves to be a legitimate memeber of the team.

Good luck M&M!!!

Posted by: Jahswim | September 5, 2009 6:31 PM | Report abuse

I agree with the cuts. OL is still horrible, we need to acquire some beef on the waiver wire and VC, draft note for next year, DRAFT SOME OLmen!!! Mason will give us a burst of speed, Zorn needs to use both him and Betts EVERY GAME. I wish they would trade Big Mouth Portis and get a first round draft pick for him. He's not a team player, he's an individual. Both Bears and Colts have gotten decent production out of drafting rookie RBs the last 2 years so it can be done!

Posted by: ChiaPetNemesis | September 5, 2009 6:48 PM | Report abuse

BREAKING NEWS

My sources tell me Marcus Mason has made the Redskins 53 man roster. The team has not informed Mason yet but will do so by tomorrow's roster deadline.

Stay tuned for more breaking news from the Barno.

Posted by: Barno1 | September 4, 2009 1:29 PM | Report abuse

Barno's the first to break another local sports story.

Posted by: Barno1 | September 6, 2009 2:02 PM | Report abuse