Montgomery, Golston Likely to Be Busy (Updated)

With the addition of a Pro Bowl player in defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth, young defensive linemen Anthony Montgomery and Kedric Golston are expected to play less than they did last season.

Obviously, the Redskins would prefer to have Haynesworth on the field as much as possible, and Cornelius Griffin is the other starting tackle. Barring injuries, Montgomery and Golston should participate in a smaller percentage of plays.

But Haynesworth has not played an entire 16-game schedule since he was a rookie in 2002. He missed two games with Tennessee last season. Griffin also missed two games last season.

Regardless of the impact Haynesworth has on the defense, it would be foolish to expect him to do something this season he hasn't done throughout his career. Haynesworth just is not an every-down guy, and Griffin could use more of a breather in games at this stage of his career.

Defensive coordinator Greg Blache knows exactly what he has in Haynesworth and Griffin, who could form one of the best interior-line tandems in the league. Haynesworth is a big-play player and Griffin is a run stuffer, but they're not kids.

So it was no surprise when Blache said he had not spoken with Montgomery and Golston about having reduced roles this season. To be sure, their roles will be different with Haynesworth in the house, but Montgomery and Golston still could be busy.

"They're professionals," Blache said of Montgomery and Golston. "When you go to work, your editor doesn't talk to you about everything that's going to happen. Certainly, you're a man, you understand this is your job, things can happen. I would think they would be kind of retarded if they couldn't figure out, 'We got a guy we just paid a hundred [million] dollars to, he's going to play and take some of these snaps that you had last year.' They've handled it well."

Montgomery and Golston have had strong camps, Blache said, and there are opportunities out there for them.

"Part of getting the new contract is doing the job you have now," Blache said. "And if you can handle the role you have now, people are going to recognize that and you'll get that next contract.

"If you can't adjust to your role, then you have problems. A big part of being a professional is handling whatever role is thrown at you. They've handled it well and I suspect that they'll continue to handle it well."

Quick, Post-Practice Update

Rick Maese tweets that Jim Zorn doesn't expect the Redskins' 1st-team O or D to play much more than 1 quarter Saturday and seems pleased with how camp has gone. ... @trentshelton tweets: I will be taking a skins fan to eat sunday so who shall it be!!!!! ... @dcsportsbog tweets: So Jason Campbell's dad was the substitute teacher for Brett Favre's daughter last year.

By Jason Reid  |  August 20, 2009; 10:15 AM ET
Categories:  Jason Reid
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Hall Steps Into Springs's Role (Updated)
Next: Starters Will Play Until Zorn Sees 'Production'

Comments

I got nothing. But, that won't stop me.

Posted by: talent_evaluator | August 20, 2009 10:18 AM | Report abuse

Plaxico pleads guilty
Posted by Mike Florio on August 20, 2009 10:03 AM ET
Wow.

As it turns out, there is one circumstance during which a defendant pleads guilty at his arraignment.

It happen when a plea bargain already has been worked out.

Per Arthur Staple of Newsday (via Twitter), receiver Plaxico Burress pleaded guilty this morning to felony weapons charges, and he'll serve a two-year prison term.

News of the deal came at 9:30 a.m. ET (just as the hearing was scheduled to begin) from John Eligon of the New York Times.

The most surprising aspect of the deal, in our view, is that Manhattan D.A. Robert Morgenthau left on the table the two-year deal that Burress previously had spurned, even after Burress essentially confessed to the crime in a Hail Mary effort before the grand jury.

Some prosecutors would have yanked the deal, adding another six or eight months, or maybe a year, to any future offers.

Then again, maybe that's what Morgenthau did -- and maybe that's what got Burress to make the first prudent decision he has made in years.

Posted by: 4thFloor | August 20, 2009 10:23 AM | Report abuse

To me, this is worst the dog fighting sentence....

Posted by: 4thFloor | August 20, 2009 10:25 AM | Report abuse

I can't believe we're bringing back the rally towel.

Posted by: Rypien11 | August 20, 2009 10:25 AM | Report abuse

Depth along the D-line will play a role in this teams ability to get to the playoff's as much we think O-line is critical it's the defense that will carry this team a long way this season.

Posted by: dargregmag | August 20, 2009 10:26 AM | Report abuse

I second that!!

Posted by: jiza32 | August 20, 2009 10:26 AM | Report abuse

I think Montgomer/Golston will have big years, AH is gonna wear guys, out, and if Blache gets a good rotation going, then these two can step in and take advantage....

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | August 20, 2009 10:28 AM | Report abuse

All Rise!!!

Judge Moe Brown has some rather pointed feelings about the post listed below:

"Least interesting, most predictable, worn-out posters on RI (IMO):

talent_evaluator
brownwood26
MistaMoe
The Cork
FIREJIMZORN

A 'gentleman' named Sonofstan posted this.

Sir, you are guilty of hateration in the 1st degree.

Veteran posters can't review your body of work to justify your claim as you have none.

The only Stan I know has the first name Pack, and I suggest you do like him and go pack and stan your azz in a corner.

Or are you the son of the dude Stan who wanted to have Eminem's baby?

If so, your argument is both slim and shady.

We find that your compliants about Moe are unwarranted as, you see, this blog would be so empty without me.

Posted by: MistaMoe | August 20, 2009 10:28 AM | Report abuse

dl, what was i thinking, you're right, we should just take you and dik's 'view' of what happened and ignore the facts....i forgot, I mean, I've never spent any time in the 305 so what do i know.....there are facts, then there is living in the "305 son", and they should never be confused.....
Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | August 20, 2009 10:19 AM

Greg, your interpretation of something does not make it an undisputable fact. You probably live in a nice neighborhood. Do you have an alarm on your house, and if so, don’t you use it? Or do you sleep with a machete under your pillow, and “only” a machete because you are not allowed to have a gun due to prior incidents in your home town? 4th recently said he is essentially like Mike Vick and indeed has turned his life around. Let’s ask 4th if he sleeps with a machete or a gun under his pillow….
I agree with Dik….These “facts” you continue to allude to are only your interpretation, except the part about him actually having an alarm maybe. Aren’t you choosing to ignore the fact that he slept with a machete? And what other facts do you have than reading about what Clinton Portis says about his good buddy?

Anyway I’m not saying that he wasn’t trying to turn his life around, of course I only “know” this from what I’ve read…same as anyone else. Wilbon talks to more NFL players and coaches than I do though. Besides, his main point was that he was not SURPRISED that it happened to ST. Everyone takes his quote about embracing the thug lifestyle and just goes all ape-sjk about what a liar Wilbon is and blah blah blah. I said it before and I will say it again…I wasn’t surprised either. I wouldn’t have predicted it, but I wasn’t surprised. When I heard/read the headlines that a Redskins player had been shot, I immediately thought it was ST. Mark Brunell did not immediately come to mind as a guy who might get shot; it was ST. But most of the hero worshippers up here just don’t want to hear anything that disparages their picture of what he was, and anyone who tries to say anything negative just gets called a racist, or ignorant of the “facts” or whatever.

My favorite Redskin of all time is John Riggins. If he were to die of liver failure and Wilbon or whoever said that Riggo was a drunk and we all know it and that his lifestyle of boozing and partying is what caught up to him and killed him I wouldn’t get all up in arms screaming that he quit drinking years ago, had turned his life around, get the FACTS, you lying scumbag and blah blah blah. Anyone who drinks like he DID runs the risk of having it kill you later in life. I just don’t understand how some people are so affected by the death of a guy they didn’t even know personally….you’d think he was some peole’s brother or best friend they way they react……sheesh.

Posted by: dlhaze1 | August 20, 2009 10:30 AM | Report abuse

I guess we can drink whatever Scots whiskey we have around the house, but after that it's Jameson's or Wild Turkey. Ah, the sacrifices we have to make for freedom: Freedom isn't free -- it's the price of a bottle of Old Crow.

Posted by: talent_evaluator |

While you're on your high horse--great view form there, ain't it?--don't forget to include taking a pass on Starbucks for sponsoring neanderthalic Joe Scarborough's show, "Whole Foods" for their idiot CEO's comments about health care in a WSJ op ed, and the Eagles for signing dog murderer Michael Vick.

I assume you already forgo North Korean Kimshi products as a protest against the bruaal policies of Premiere kim Jong Ill and his eventual successor, Menta Lee Ill.

Viva La Huelga!

Cork

Posted by: TheCork | August 20, 2009 10:31 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: MistaMoe | August 20, 2009 10:28 AM

Posted by: talent_evaluator | August 20, 2009 10:33 AM | Report abuse

"If you can't adjust to your role, then you have problems. "

Coach Blache

----------

Amen.

Posted by: Chia_Pet | August 20, 2009 10:34 AM | Report abuse

"Haynesworth just is not an every-down guy, and Griffin could use more of a breather in games at this stage of his career."

At 6' 3" 325 pounds, does this mean Antonio Dixon might a shot on the roster as a back up tackle if he plays well against both the stiller and pats?

If you cut R Jackson, it does.

Posted by: MistaMoe | August 20, 2009 10:34 AM | Report abuse

So let me get this straight T-E, because the Scots were smart enough to get some help from someone else, they're surrender monkeys? By that definition I guess we're surrender monkeys too because the French helped us win our independence. The fact remains that the Scots gained their independence and the Irish did not.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | August 20, 2009 10:34 AM | Report abuse

===========================================

Another classic qoute....

Posted by: 4thFloor | August 20, 2009 10:34 AM | Report abuse

Can anyone imagine what our goal-line defense is gonna look like?

Our front 8 could be Monty, Griff, Haynesworth, and Golston, side by side with Wilson and Orakpo manning the edges, and Rocky Mack and Fletch stacked right behind them.

I wonder how many people would try to run through that

Posted by: mattsoundworld | August 20, 2009 10:34 AM | Report abuse

Oh geeze I see an apology in Blaches future. Retarded is no longer an acceptable phrase in our PC world.

Posted by: Gweez | August 20, 2009 10:36 AM | Report abuse

Viva La Huelga!

Posted by: TheCork | August 20, 2009 10:31 AM

With you all the way on the huelga. Haven't eaten a grape since Cesar Chavez told me to stop. And forget California wine.

I actually like Cesar Chavez better now that he's got that "Dog Whisperer" show.

Posted by: talent_evaluator | August 20, 2009 10:37 AM | Report abuse

talent_evaluator

"Man, you are so jealous that you lost to me and brownie. But you can still take pride in whipping Cork."

Even the third place guy in a "Train" gets some.

And I'll take what I can get.

You guys break it in, and I'll put her to sleep.

Posted by: MistaMoe | August 20, 2009 10:37 AM | Report abuse

LOL'n @ Moe makin' a "diss" post.

Makin' rhymes at anytime and what not.

lmao

Posted by: RedDMV | August 20, 2009 10:37 AM | Report abuse

Wilbon talks to more NFL players and coaches than I do though

He didn't talk to ST, and that is a F A C T, so riddle me this, how did MW gain such insight into someone's life, who he didn't talk to??

not even close to a hero worshipper either...."305 son"

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | August 20, 2009 10:37 AM | Report abuse

Hey Dik,

I wuz joshin' ya yesterday when I said I "owned" you.

Never said that to anyone, that I "owned" them.

It just felt good saying that, although there was nary a gram substance behind that declaration.

Sorry.

Posted by: Chia_Pet | August 20, 2009 10:38 AM | Report abuse

Even the third place guy in a "Train" gets some.

And I'll take what I can get.

You guys break it in, and I'll put her to sleep.

Posted by: MistaMoe | August 20, 2009 10:37 AM | Report abuse
---------------------------------------

I believe the correct term for that is 'Lucky Pierre'

Posted by: mattsoundworld | August 20, 2009 10:38 AM | Report abuse

Wow - nice one DL, sorry to draw u in.

Hey all - how 'bout we keep the ST21 discussion on the Hall thred. That way regular RI can continue un-encumbered.

just thinkin' is all....

Posted by: DikShuttle | August 20, 2009 10:39 AM | Report abuse

Judge Moe Brown has some rather pointed feelings about the post listed below:

"Least interesting, most predictable, worn-out posters on RI (IMO):

talent_evaluator
brownwood26
MistaMoe
The Cork
FIREJIMZORN

Posted by: MistaMoe

THAT tub-thumpin' knee-slapper had me spewing corn flakes and soured milk ou my air hole!!

Your raucus, down home sense of humor belongs on the stage--and there's one leaving in ten minutes. HE-YUK!!

Jes Kidding.

Look, you logghoreic Schmoo, your contributions won't be valued here until they start judging by sheer volume of schmutz spread on this board.

Oh wait you included yourself? Now THAT's funny.

Posted by: TheCork | August 20, 2009 10:40 AM | Report abuse

Sorry.

Posted by: Chia_Pet | August 20, 2009 10:38 AM | Report abuse
-----------------------------------------

Out. Just get out. Pack your bags and leave RI. There is no place for such language.

Posted by: mattsoundworld | August 20, 2009 10:40 AM | Report abuse

I'll be back on the hall thread

Posted by: dlhaze1 | August 20, 2009 10:41 AM | Report abuse

Sorry, matt, that won't happen again.

Terribly sorry.

Posted by: Chia_Pet | August 20, 2009 10:43 AM | Report abuse

I didn't fully understand the Blache quote till someone translated it into RIspeak for me. There was a phrase he used there that means "straight tard".

I think Jerry Gray is ready to be a defensive coordinator, soon and somewhere. I'm good with Coach Blache, but does anybody remember how long his contract was for? I really like Jerry Gray and hope he doesn't get a DC offer before the Skins are ready to make one.

p.s. I still think that Montgomery or Golston is a likely candidate for the Skins to trade in a player-for-player swap.

Posted by: dcsween | August 20, 2009 10:44 AM | Report abuse

Dik Shuttle is owned by rock and/or roll (with some occasional funk or blues riffs).

Posted by: dcsween | August 20, 2009 10:47 AM | Report abuse

WASHINGTON -- The number of women arrested for drunken driving has jumped nearly 30% in the past decade, the Transportation Department said Wednesday.

The DOT said the number of women arrested for driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs increased 28.8% between 1998 and 2007. The number of men arrested under the influence fell 7.5% during the same period.

Posted by: Chia_Pet | August 20, 2009 10:48 AM | Report abuse

lol@sween!

Posted by: DikShuttle | August 20, 2009 10:51 AM | Report abuse

Chia - that's great ammunition to get chicks to buy us drinks!! woo hoo!

Posted by: DikShuttle | August 20, 2009 10:51 AM | Report abuse

My god peeps, can't we just let Sean Taylor rest in peace?

All the debating about why he was shot, did he turn his life around, or preconceived notions on the part of Wilbon, or even that gaping a-hole Colin Cowherd (That's who you should really be pissed at anyway!) doesn't mean sh**!

None of that stuff you all are talking will bring him Sean Taylor, or make things right. What kind of solace is to be taken in that stuff?

His family lost a son, and a father. The Redskins lost a comrade, and one hell of a player. How does debating his lifestyle, or some a-hole journalist's opinion of him brings Sean Taylor back into their lives?

It doesn't.

Every time I think about Sean Taylor it still really, really bothers me... It's crazy I never met the man, never seen the man, but when I heard he passed I took it like a close relative had died.

It still shakes me up to this day, even right now...

Perhaps the best thing we should do is reflect positively on the man and just let him rest now.

RIP #21

Posted by: RedDMV | August 20, 2009 10:53 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Chia_Pet | August 20, 2009 10:48 AM | Report abuse
--------------------------------------

Either guys are getting worse at picking up women or women are getting more selective...

Posted by: mattsoundworld | August 20, 2009 10:54 AM | Report abuse

Monty and Golston are solid players. Blache wants them to know that the skins aren't going to pay big money to 4 DTs next year, so one of them better step up and own his spot.

Blache just needs to choose his words better. Although, our President didn't choose his words well on a late night show a little while back either...

Posted by: BigE44 | August 20, 2009 10:57 AM | Report abuse

" I would think they would be kind of retarded if they couldn't figure out"

Ouch. I love Blache but I can't help but wince a little reading that. This is another one of those words you could use when I was a kid that is now forbidden.

Posted by: McMetal | August 20, 2009 10:57 AM | Report abuse

Famous quote by Albert Haynesworth: "Don't talk to me before the game, don't talk to me during the game, talk to me after the game." Oh well, we shall see Saturday night.

Posted by: abxinc | August 20, 2009 10:58 AM | Report abuse

Wilbon, Wilbon, Michael Wilbon, why art thou so blatantly ignorant. Behind your pink outer is a Satanic compromise. What has Sean Taylor done to deserve such deformation?

Posted by: abxinc | August 20, 2009 11:02 AM | Report abuse

RIP #21

Posted by: RedDMV | August 20, 2009 10:53 AM

Smartest thing posted on here in God knows how long.

Funny thing is the same guys vigorously defending him in death are the same ones that would be blasting him in this very space for missing mini-camp, asking for a new contract, or not wrapping up for a tackle.

Either way, hating Wilbon or Cowturd or boycotting Post columns won't bring him back. We're going on 2 years now...time to move on.

Posted by: brownwood26 | August 20, 2009 11:04 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: dcsween | August 20, 2009 10:44 AM

The writing appears to be on the wall for Blatche. I think his last year will be this year. He wants one more whack at the SB. That's why we denied the Job Interview for Jerry Gray. They prob want him to take over......

I would keep both Gohlston and Montgomery. Griffin's days are past, he should be in the last year of his contract.....

Posted by: 4thFloor | August 20, 2009 11:07 AM | Report abuse

Well said, Red. I agree 100%...

Posted by: McMetal | August 20, 2009 11:07 AM | Report abuse

dlhaze, sometimes you connect with someones personality, the way that they are or what they represent.

All relationships are founded on understanding. I understood Sean Taylor. Everything, from his legal troubles to his late hits on the field.

That understanding then grows to respect. I respected the man, not just because he played FS for the 'skins, but just because I have respect for most, even those who I don't like or don't really get along with, you know what I'm saying?

The respect, which is usually the limit with me, then becomes admiration. You understand and respect a person, or thing so much, you find yourself in admiration over it.

I have no problem saying that I admired Sean Taylor. Although he never talked to the media, just some of the things I've read about him prior and after his death, I felt connected like he was family. He reminded me of more than a few of my cousins - especially "I don't take no bs" attitude.

Didn't mean to go all Oprah/Dr. Phil and stuff, but you at then end of your post stated: "I just don’t understand how some people are so affected by the death of a guy they didn’t even know personally….you’d think he was some people’s brother or best friend they way they react..."

Maybe that will help you understand a little better.

Now it's time to take my own advice and chill with the ST#21 talk, for my sake and others...

Posted by: RedDMV | August 20, 2009 11:07 AM | Report abuse

Blache just needs to choose his words better.

Posted by: BigE44 | August 20, 2009 10:57 AM

----------

Coach Blache doesn't choose his words.

He says what's on his mind.

Posted by: Chia_Pet | August 20, 2009 11:08 AM | Report abuse

Area 51 !!!!

Posted by: Stu27 | August 20, 2009 11:08 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Chia_Pet | August 20, 2009 10:48 AM

The driver was designated, but the instructions accompanying the designation were slurred and responded to with "I'll have what he's having."

Posted by: dcsween | August 20, 2009 11:10 AM | Report abuse

Can we stop the ST21 talk? We all love the man for his play on the field and question him for some of his decisions off of it. He was a great player who made some mistakes, it happens. Tragic what happened to him, as he was on his way to becoming one of the best safeties to ever play the game. However, we have beaten this discussion into ground so many times that it is just a waste. Great football player, not so great a man who was attempting to resurrect his life. It is too bad that he did some of the things he did, but it is not racist, or out of line to comment on those things... it is just life.

Moving on, I think we will have one of the best Dline in the league here. With Gholston and Monty backing up Griff and Haynesworth... thats quality depth right there. Wew have 2 backups that could start for a few teams around the league and we have 2 starters that would without a doubt be a starter for any team in the league (when healthy... griff is one of the best dts in the game.. dont believe me read anything Greg Williams said about the man). With that Daniels is still a solid run support guy, and if Orakpo can dominate a team without Fat Albert in there... just imagine what he can do with him... things should be good for the skins D this year... now all we gotta hope is that the O can be decent.

Posted by: peoplearestupid1 | August 20, 2009 11:11 AM | Report abuse

" I would think they would be kind of retarded if they couldn't figure out"

Posted by: McMetal | August 20, 2009 10:57 AM

I, personally, didn't think twice about the qoute when I read it. I was thinking more along the lines of 'He's Right.' Then I am reading comments about it.

It's only a big deal if you make it one, so don't try to......

Posted by: 4thFloor | August 20, 2009 11:12 AM | Report abuse

4th, I totally agree on the Griffin career duration ... the dead space hit by cutting Jansen keeps Griffin on the field in burgundy and gold until the wheels fall off.

Posted by: dcsween | August 20, 2009 11:13 AM | Report abuse

4th he got less than what the law requires

Posted by: jm220 | August 20, 2009 11:13 AM | Report abuse

Well said Red. Shed's some light.

Posted by: dlhaze1 | August 20, 2009 11:13 AM | Report abuse

peoplearestupid1, I say people are crazy. Agree to disagree.

Posted by: dcsween | August 20, 2009 11:14 AM | Report abuse

I'm tired of all this PC crap. Some people are way too touchy with too much free time.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | August 20, 2009 11:14 AM | Report abuse

Blache is just an old school dude. Says what he means, and means what he says. I'm Sure he didn't mean any harm by it.

Agree though, the word 'retarded' shouldn't be used (although I'm guilty of it), especially when you're in the public eye like him.

I guess we see why some head coaches put a gag order on their staff.

Posted by: RedDMV | August 20, 2009 11:15 AM | Report abuse

why is it... that people only comment on my name but never my posts... I started this name a year ago because people kept saying "retarded" sjk about how good/bad the skins were going to be... I'm too lazy to start a new one and so lets just leave it alone...

Posted by: peoplearestupid1 | August 20, 2009 11:17 AM | Report abuse

" I would think they would be kind of retarded if they couldn't figure out"

Posted by: McMetal | August 20, 2009 10:57 AM | Report abuse
--------------------------------------------

My problem with crossing that word off is that is the 'rose by any other name' argument:

A person who says 'retard' with ill intentions will say 'mentally disabled' with ill intentions. Even in some corners 'mentally disabled' is rejected in favor of 'developmentally challenged.'

So does avoided the language suggest strength of character for considering others feelings? Or does it indicate a spineless capitulation to ignorant society?

Posted by: mattsoundworld | August 20, 2009 11:17 AM | Report abuse

If you cut R Jackson, it does.

Posted by: MistaMoe | August 20, 2009 10:34 AM | Report abuse

I can't see the 'Skins keeping more than 4 DTs (Haynesworth, Griffin, Golston, Montgomery) with Alexander playing a hybrid DT-DE-OL role. I think the best that Dixon can reasonably hope for is the practice squad.

Posted by: rbpalmer | August 20, 2009 11:18 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: peoplearestupid1 | August 20, 2009 11:17 AM

It's because people are retarded

Posted by: scampbell1975 | August 20, 2009 11:19 AM | Report abuse

Wow ST talk again? Red said best, let it/him rest.

Posted by: chrislarry | August 20, 2009 11:20 AM | Report abuse

I think that cHriSs LaRry would say that Blache's quote is straight tard....

Posted by: dlhaze1 | August 20, 2009 11:21 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: peoplearestupid1 | August 20, 2009 11:17 AM

Maybe you should change it to peoplearelazy? Right. You're too lazy.

How about if we change it for you? Right. We're too stupid.

Posted by: talent_evaluator | August 20, 2009 11:22 AM | Report abuse

The funny thing is, that peoplearestupid was taken so I had to use peoplearestupid1.

Posted by: peoplearestupid1 | August 20, 2009 11:22 AM | Report abuse

My solution, use 'tard' its funnier anyway.

Posted by: chrislarry | August 20, 2009 11:23 AM | Report abuse

Well, I wasn't going to post this earlier, but since the discussion continues - My sister has Down Syndrome, and when I was younger, I used to take off after people for using "retarded" when they meant that something was stupid or idiotic. It bugged me then.

Now, I don't feel the same way - I think it's making the distinction between malicious use - I don't see many people who are actually saying "hey that dude's just like a retarded person" or trying to insult a person who is mentally handicapped. The word has just become part of our vernacular, whether we like it or not.

Posted by: JohnDinHouston | August 20, 2009 11:28 AM | Report abuse

beepity beep beep
beep beep

Posted by: talent_evaluator | August 20, 2009 11:30 AM | Report abuse

" I would think they would be kind of retarded if they couldn't figure out"

Why is it ok to say retarded in this sense. I work with students with special needs and have a daughter with brain damage. Everytime I hear it used carelessly like this it stings. I think that it sends the wrong message to use it to negatively portray someone or something. People with disabilities have enough on their plate to deal with than to have someone elses shortcomings associated with them.
Would it have been ok for Blache to say,
"You would have to be a n###er if they couldn't figure it out." I don't think so, so please Blache try to pick your words more carefully.

Posted by: Skew | August 20, 2009 11:53 AM | Report abuse

I give Blache bonus points for saying retarded to a reporter in the PC capital of the world.

Posted by: ecale25 | August 20, 2009 12:58 PM | Report abuse