Montgomery Listed as Questionable

Defensive tackle Anthony Montgomery (knee) was listed as questionable for Sunday's FedEx Field opener against the St. Louis Rams after sitting out practice again.

"I think he may be ready to go," Coach Jim Zorn said. "But he just has a little roughness on his knee."

Montgomery, who was not active in Week 1, said he planned to test his knee in a pregame workout for coaches.

"It'll probably come down to that," he said. "I don't think it's anything serious, but you don't want to take a chance on doing something early that could make it into a problem."

By Jason Reid  |  September 18, 2009; 4:28 PM ET
Categories:  Jason Reid
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Moss, Webster Fined $5,000 Apiece
Next: Redskins Will Go Long -- if That's Smart Move

Comments

back to back

Posted by: jpt1002 | September 18, 2009 3:51 PM | Report abuse

What I'm remembering is the berating of Grilliams for the performance Warrick Holdman

Yes, it's true that I was furious with him for a long, long time. His stubborn refusal to play man-up on people at times was mind-boggling and the whole Holdman thing was a complete and utter disaster. However, he did manage to pull it together and got the defense rolling somewhat in his last year and I thought our only hope, at the time, was for him to become Head Coach. I wasn't writing anything at the time so I don't know when or where my opinion of him came back up. All I know is that watching Blache and his motley crew of eunuchs is making me physically ill.

Posted by: Megskin | September 18, 2009 3:52 PM | Report abuse

Here it is.....with two embedded comments from an HOUR AGO.

This blog is as fine tuned as Zorny's play calling last week.

Posted by: ksquare | September 18, 2009 5:01 PM | Report abuse

Good2bOK, college OC to NFL HC based on a turn around in Miami's offense? Not booking it.

Me finding Barno1 in the parking lot based on volume alone? Book it. [Barno, we're going to be in the outer ring parking lot between Lots E and F.]

Posted by: dcsween | September 18, 2009 5:08 PM | Report abuse

so, a couple of you guys think if the QB crosses the line of scrimmage the WRs stop playing?? Really I'm pretty sure we play until the whistle blows. But you guys are the experts.

Posted by: pabrian2003 | September 18, 2009 5:13 PM | Report abuse

Dark horse candidate for next year's head coach opening (here or somewhere else): Mark Whipple.

You heard it here first.

Posted by: Good2bOK | September 18, 2009 4:53 PM |

Mark Whipple. He a Brown man.

We are ever true to Brown,
For we love our college dear,
And wherever we may go,
We are ready with a cheer,
And the people always say,
That you can't outshine Brown men,
With their Rah! Rah! Rah! and their Ki! Yi! Yi!
And their B-R-O-W-N.

Posted by: BlackBagOps | September 18, 2009 5:15 PM | Report abuse

blame Campbell, blame portis, blame randle el, blame the D, but never ever blame Moss (see at Dallas 2005)

Posted by: pabrian2003 | September 18, 2009 5:21 PM | Report abuse

Spagnuolo blasts Rams with “Hail to the Redskins”

By Bill Coats, St. Louis Post-Dispatch

The players were expecting simulated crowd noise when the loudspeakers were turned on during practice Friday at Rams Park. Instead, they got heavy doses of “Hail to the Redskins,” the annoying Washington fight song. It was coach Steve Spagnuolo’s idea as the Rams prepared for Sunday’s game at FedEx Field.
________________________

Hopefully that means he expects to hear it a lot on Sunday...

Posted by: chasgiffen | September 18, 2009 5:24 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: dcsween | September 18, 2009 5:06 PM | Report abuse

------------------

Yes, but he was an assistant with the Eagles last year and QBs coach for the Steelers for three years before that. That's after tearing up I-AA as an "offensive genius" head coach.

Dark horse, I tell ya.

Posted by: Good2bOK | September 18, 2009 5:15 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Good2bOK | September 18, 2009 5:24 PM | Report abuse

heres the script for Sunday, run left
good night

Posted by: pabrian2003 | September 18, 2009 5:27 PM | Report abuse

Black,

I played against his Bears teams there. We still beat them, but he made it harder....

------------------------

You heard it here first.

Posted by: Good2bOK | September 18, 2009 4:53 PM |

Mark Whipple. He a Brown man.

We are ever true to Brown,
For we love our college dear,
And wherever we may go,
We are ready with a cheer,
And the people always say,
That you can't outshine Brown men,
With their Rah! Rah! Rah! and their Ki! Yi! Yi!
And their B-R-O-W-N.

Posted by: BlackBagOps | September 18, 2009 5:15 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Good2bOK | September 18, 2009 5:29 PM | Report abuse

I used to watch/listen to Skins & Caps games just thinking "I cant wait to hear Beatrice's take on this!"

His half hour position by position breakdowns of skins post game were incredible.

Posted by: chrislarry

I remember rushing to the radio on the night the Skins lost to the Raiders in the Super Bowl. I thought he was gonna say it was a fluke, but Ken set me straight...I cried all over my Legos.

Posted by: Kenbeatrizz | September 18, 2009 5:31 PM | Report abuse

chrislarry, so when the qb crosses the line of scrimmage the WRs are supposed to stop playing??

Posted by: pabrian2003

No you were assessing blame. Campbell is the ball primary protector. He should accept full blame for the play.

1. His lack of knowledge of where the LOS was unacceptable. The ball should NEVER have been thrown, thus no INT.

2. Building on the key breakdown in the play, crossing the LOS, JC should have tuck and ran which at WORST sets up third and short, if not 1st and 10.

3. Moss understood the ball should not have been thrown thus had lost his ball attention, a minor mistake really, b/c he was probably focused on blocking thinking, rightly, that JC should have ran.

4. JC decided to unleash the ball, thus putting it out to be intercepted under....less than even legal standards.

But sure keep heaping blame on one of the more talented players on the team, rather than the guy suppossed to make the key choices about where the balls goes and when/where he is allowed to make forward passes....

Look I root for JC. I blame Zorn mostly. But enough deflecting blame from JC when rightly deserved. He is a big boy he can take it.

AND if you wanna blame Moss, talk about his inability to get open consistently anymore, not some broken play botched by QB17.

Posted by: chrislarry | September 18, 2009 5:35 PM | Report abuse

I bet Pabrian would say JC gave 145% effort on that int, but Moss let him down.

Posted by: chrislarry | September 18, 2009 5:39 PM | Report abuse

A " Little roughness on the knee?" Wow. Sounds serious. I'd recommend a good exfoliator. Wrap that baby in vaseline overnight--smooth as a baby's bottom in the morning.

Posted by: bostskin | September 18, 2009 5:48 PM | Report abuse

Goodbye questionable, hello three sack performance.

Posted by: bostskin | September 18, 2009 5:50 PM | Report abuse

thanks Chaos.. knock yourself out supporting the litigating money machine.. I will continue to sell my tix until the same is gone. I can watch the team at home and not support the concession sales.
And, yes, this is why FedEx field does not feel like RFK. And unless you got 2 billion dollars to give Dan a nice 500Mil profit and buy him out.. Its pretty much what we will see for the next 40 years.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

SORRY TO DO THIS IN CAPS, BUT I WANT EVERYONE'S ATTENTION FOR A SECOND:

IF YOU ARE ATTENDING THE RAMS GAME ON SUNDAY OR ANY OTHER HOME GAME THIS YEAR, PLEASE DO NOT BOTHER COMING IF YOU DO NO PLAN ON YELLING AS LOUD AS YOU POSSIBLY CAN ON EVERY SINGLE DEFENSIVE 3RD DOWN PLAY OF THE GAME.

I am sick and tired of Redskins fans treating the games at Fed Ex like it's a polo match. Make some god damn noise people! RFK was the loudest stadium in the league not just because of the way the stadium was built, but because the fans who went their made it a point to raise hell while we were on defense.

I'll be there Sunday, in my 47 jersey with CAPTAINCHAOS on the back. Come say what's up. I plan to have no voice by 4:30 Sunday afternoon. Every one of you who's going should also plan on losing your voice this sunday and every other sunday for the rest of the year.

That is all.

Posted by: Barno1 | September 18, 2009 4:55 PM

Posted by: SkinsneedaGM | September 18, 2009 5:51 PM | Report abuse

barno-yelling already.

Posted by: bostskin | September 18, 2009 5:53 PM | Report abuse

I'm my own primary ball protector.

I think this is going to be a low scoring game. Spags may not have the horses to dominate, but he knows the Redskins' offense. You can bet he's been game-planning this one since the schedule came out. Gotta have an early win to get people on board.

So JZ gotta do the unexpected. Call 6 consecutive passes to start the game. Medium routes, a bomb, TE seams. Dare them to come at you with a blitz and make them pay.

On the other side, I think 98 turns up the heat this game.

Posted by: dpc2003 | September 18, 2009 5:56 PM | Report abuse

Does anybody else remember an incident about 10 years ago when kicker Brett Conway put white mice in Mike Sellers' locker and said that when Big Mike saw them "he screamed like a little girl?" If Portis is out now because Sellers was trying to jump out of the way of a garter snake, then I've got an entertaining contestant in mind for some post-season Animal Planet game show.

Posted by: boothintexas | September 18, 2009 5:56 PM | Report abuse

Agreed cl. At this point, JC has been a starter long enough to know the LOS and when to step up into the pocket.

Nobody questions his arm strength, but there are certainly questions about his decision making and of course his inability to scramble and slide properly.

How can you not know how to slide....red flag!

Posted by: ksquare | September 18, 2009 5:57 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Barno1 | September 18, 2009 4:55 PM

I remember when Brano posted this last year and everyone took him seriously. A bunch of guys said "I can't yell as loud as Brano wants, so I better sell my tickets." Boom! Pittsburgh fans bought all the tix.

Posted by: talent_evaluator | September 18, 2009 5:59 PM | Report abuse

Scramble and slide? What is this breakfast?

JC good at running. Score TD in preseason, against 9er's last year too. He good runner.

Posted by: dpc2003 | September 18, 2009 6:00 PM | Report abuse

tough week at work, no time to make witty or even boring comments

time to go home and pour a cold one

Posted by: noonefromtampa | September 18, 2009 6:02 PM | Report abuse

DPC-original redskin. Kill Paleface.

Posted by: bostskin | September 18, 2009 6:06 PM | Report abuse

b Jason Campbell can't read single coverage quick enough to throw to Kelly.

We have a winner.....

Posted by: BeantownGreg1

hmmmm, Boswell did an analysis of Campbell in the shotgun and he was 15 of 17 or something like that. That's good even in practice, let alone vs a top defense.

Seems like if you put him in the right formation, he finds the open guy.

Posted by: zcezcest1 | September 18, 2009 6:11 PM | Report abuse

I guess what I don't understand is, if the Gints had double coverage safety over top on Moss all day, why don't you line DT on the other side of the field and have them both do burn routes on opposite sidelines off play-action.

Telegraph to Moss on a 5 step drop-back to move the safety over, then set and fire a deep bullet to DT on the other side of the field.

Posted by: edvar | September 18, 2009 6:13 PM | Report abuse

Spagnuolo blasts Rams with “Hail to the Redskins”

By Bill Coats, St. Louis Post-Dispatch

********

Heard an interview with Bubba Paris (OL for the SF 49ers). He said that opposing players hated that song. Not just because they heard it in the game, but if they lost, the song would be ringing in their heads the whole flight home.

Posted by: zcezcest1 | September 18, 2009 6:14 PM | Report abuse

Re Sellers and the mice: http://images.si.com/football/nfl/2000/playoffs/wc_nfc_gm1/news/2000/01/06/redskins_davis_ap/

But Beantown, I can't find anything on PFT re Sellers hurting Portis. Got a link?

Posted by: boothintexas | September 18, 2009 6:17 PM | Report abuse

chris larry, so WRs are coached to lose 'ball attention' when the QB crosses the LOS? Can the WR even tell from his vantage point ? Or, are you just trying to prevent Moss from taking any criticism whatsoever, because of the 2 tds in Dallas? Or, are you just trying to be right?

Whatever you say you can't convince me that Moss isn't partly responsible for that pick.

P.s. J Reid agrees with me

Posted by: pabrian2003 | September 18, 2009 6:19 PM | Report abuse

Dealer, you and me in the RI FF Hamsters league and Alex, we're rocking it in the Peeps league.

Have fun guys and good luck, but in the end, lose.

Posted by: zcezcest1 | September 18, 2009 6:19 PM | Report abuse

plain and simple if the skins lose agaoinst the rams we should just pack it in

Posted by: mudman220 | September 18, 2009 6:20 PM | Report abuse

My dad taught me when I was a little kid to
always expect the ball and
always expect a bad pass, along with the other receiving rules like watch the ball into your hands and
if you can't catch it make sure no one else can and
come back to the ball.

The rules of receiving have and always will be the same.

Posted by: pabrian2003 | September 18, 2009 6:24 PM | Report abuse

I know silly me that players should know where the los is or be able to read the marker. And when they see the player scramble to their side and go significantly past LOS...and watch the play this was no big toe across the line he was several strides... they are coached to block their man...

but whateves you can't be convinced and will continue to say ridiculous things like Moss gets a pass for 2005 Dallas game, and J Reid agrees me (whoop dee doo)

Just out of curiosity Pabrian, what's your age?

Posted by: chrislarry | September 18, 2009 6:29 PM | Report abuse

cL,
Do the maths.
born in 2003 that makes him 7, no 6, no 7.
Never good a maths, myself.

Posted by: _Stumped_ | September 18, 2009 6:32 PM | Report abuse

Not trusts:

Larry David

Posted by: dcsween

WHAT???

Posted by: TheCork | September 18, 2009 6:33 PM | Report abuse

chrislarry,

1. Thanks for carrying the thread over this is what its All about.

B. I try not to criticize the players at all, I find myself defending Portis and other talented players way too much. I've never seen any criticism go Moss' way. Meanwhile, 26, 17, 82, the entire O line, and the entire D gets dogged incessantly......why?

And 3, let's slaughter the rams Sunday.

Posted by: pabrian2003 | September 18, 2009 6:34 PM | Report abuse

pabrian -

I am continuously flabergasted at the never ending string of High School level mistakes pro's make. Quiting before the whistle blows, running before making the catch, jumping off-sides when you know the snap count, tackling with your head down. It's gotta drive the coaches crazy

Posted by: edvar | September 18, 2009 6:34 PM | Report abuse

if moss did see JC cross the LOS he could have blocked the CB before he made the pick!

Posted by: pabrian2003 | September 18, 2009 6:36 PM | Report abuse

"Montgomery Listed as Questionable" RI HEADLINE

This isn't news. He's been pretty questionable ever since they drafted him.

Posted by: TheCork | September 18, 2009 6:38 PM | Report abuse

The ball got picked because JC17 through it inside instead of 2 yards out of bounds where only Moss could have caught it. Watch the replay, Moss is reaching back for the ball when it got picked. Bad location.

Posted by: edvar | September 18, 2009 6:41 PM | Report abuse

"quarterbacks throw interceptions people" phil simms in every game he commentates.

Posted by: pabrian2003 | September 18, 2009 6:41 PM | Report abuse

You will find no bigger defender of JC than your's truly but that pass to Moss that was intercepted was on JC period end of story, he should have never thrown that pass. Sunday prediction: Wash:28 St.Louis13 JC two td passes.

Posted by: dargregmag | September 18, 2009 6:42 PM | Report abuse

Pabrian is only 6 or 7 and he adheres strictly to dealer's list formatting rulz.

Now that's a precocious hamster!

Posted by: _Stumped_ | September 18, 2009 6:43 PM | Report abuse

"The (Rams) players were expecting simulated crowd noise when the loudspeakers were turned on during practice Friday at Rams Park. Instead, they got heavy doses of “Hail to the Redskins,” the annoying Washington fight song..... "

---

I smell a new one of those nifty polls RI has become so noted for:

After Saturday's Walk-thru, what song should Jim Zorn play for the Redskins:

A. "Meet me in St. Louie, Louie"

B. "St. Louis Blues"

C. Ram-a-lam-a-ding-dong"

D. "Running Bear & Little White Dove"

Posted by: TheCork | September 18, 2009 6:44 PM | Report abuse

I have no comment on that play except -- why didn't he just hold on to it and haul a$$.

He'd have picked up four or five easy and he had the sideline going for him too.

If JC rolls with a few keepers per game, the whole defense has to change their rules of engagement.

Posted by: _Stumped_ | September 18, 2009 6:47 PM | Report abuse

Campbell's INT was a bad play on his part. I still think if it was 2008, with the "first rule -- make no mistake" mentality, he would have run it with it. Picked up 4 yards or so and lived to run a play on 3rd and manageable.

Moss could have done more to prevent the INT and make it an INC, but the smart play was for Campbell to take the yards he could get and run out of bounds

Posted by: zcezcest1 | September 18, 2009 6:48 PM | Report abuse

it was a bad pass, no doubt, but moss has gotta finish the play and become the defender if necessary.

Can anyone deny that Portis is way more consistent then Moss and takes way more criticism?

But everything that happened after the end around is moot cause that was the worst call of week 1.

Portis' 1st touch was 34 yards, did any RB or offensive player top this start?

Posted by: pabrian2003 | September 18, 2009 6:48 PM | Report abuse

Did anyone get a chance to watch Kelly running his routes? If so, what was going on there? The guy is big and should be very physical with the DBs. But after the ball got snapped, he seemed to go to an undisclosed location.

Posted by: zcezcest1 | September 18, 2009 6:52 PM | Report abuse

yeah..and Spags is still upset the Skins said THEY were the ones who turned him down as HC in 08 when he interviewed.
Not the case according to Spags.. But, he was classy enough not to say why he turned down the offer. My guess, he saw the dysfunctional management during the interviews. Not too mention all the other assistant Coordinators were telling him to run the other way as fast as he could..

He has extra motivation to "surprise" the skins and snyder.

Posted by: SkinsneedaGM | September 18, 2009 6:53 PM | Report abuse

On the other side, I think 98 turns up the heat this game.

Posted by: dpc2003 | September 18, 2009 5:56 PM

+++++++++++++++++++++++

He has extra motivation to "surprise" the skins and snyder.

Posted by: SkinsneedaGM | September 18, 2009 6:54 PM | Report abuse

"Montgomery Listed as Questionable" RI HEADLINE

This isn't news. He's been pretty questionable ever since they drafted him.

Posted by: TheCork
____________________

Makes me wonder what Zorn's play-calling is listed as.

Posted by: chasgiffen | September 18, 2009 6:57 PM | Report abuse

"Moss, Webster Fined $5,000 Apiece

Remember the Week 1 altercation between wide receiver Santana Moss and New York Giants cornerback Corey Webster?

Well, Moss and Webster each were fined $5,000 for their conduct...."

POSTED BY: RI

Why wasn't Antonio Pierce fined?

When Webster tackled the helmetless Moss, Pierce raced up behind him and assisted, piling on.

Bad enough Pierce didn't even get a slap on the wrist for his egregious "third man in" behavior, but every member of the Redskins offense except Moss and Samuels should be fined for not backing up their teammate,

Moss of course was the one piled onto, the rest of the Redskins did NOTHING. Eventually Samuels pulled someone off Moss.

Had this been the old Hogs, Corey Webster would have paid dearly, either then, or in a later play. That is, if Gary Clark didn't take case of business first.

I'm against stupid penalties like Landry's, but you have to back your team mate.

If the SCOTUS forces them to change names, I got one:

"Softskins"

Posted by: TheCork | September 18, 2009 6:58 PM | Report abuse

I'm 36 but I moved to los angeles so I'm 29.

Posted by: pabrian2003

Sounds about right. Everyone loses IQ points when they move to LA.

Posted by: TheCork | September 18, 2009 6:59 PM | Report abuse

"I'm 36 but I moved to los angeles so I'm 29. But I'm straight and married, sorry to disappoint u"

Funny comeback. But whateves....kill the Rams and lets discuss all the great plays next week!

i'm out!

Posted by: chrislarry | September 18, 2009 7:04 PM | Report abuse

"But he just has a little roughness on his knee."

Nobody mangles the English language like JZ. W was a close second.

Want it, need it, gotta have it this weekend folks!

HAIL

Posted by: Notorious_LMG | September 18, 2009 7:24 PM | Report abuse

I'm 36 but I moved to los angeles so I'm 29.

Posted by: pabrian2003

Sounds about right. Everyone loses IQ points when they move to LA.

Posted by: TheCork

I guess that's why I can't figure out why people want to cut Portis, Campbell, & Randle El

Posted by: pabrian2003 | September 18, 2009 7:24 PM | Report abuse

i'm out!

Posted by: chrislarry | September 18, 2009 7:04 PM

----------

Nooooooooooooooooo!

Posted by: Chia_Pet | September 18, 2009 7:28 PM | Report abuse

It's Friday night!

Party on da blog.

All.Night.Long.

Posted by: Chia_Pet | September 18, 2009 7:29 PM | Report abuse

I bet Pabrian would say JC gave 145% effort on that int, but Moss let him down.

Posted by: chrislarry

actually, I learned in coaching class to set reasonable and measurable goals, and it is impossible to give 145%

Posted by: pabrian2003 | September 18, 2009 7:29 PM | Report abuse

This whole Moss thing is crap! Soups, should not have thrown that ball, but it was pass interference anyways. SHould have been off-setting penalties... Webster ran through Moss for the pick.

CLEGG

Posted by: michael_b_clegg | September 18, 2009 7:37 PM | Report abuse

I'm 36 but I moved to los angeles so I'm 29.

Posted by: pabrian2003

Sounds about right. Everyone loses IQ points when they move to LA.

Posted by: TheCork

Hell, you lose IQ points just visiting LA.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | September 18, 2009 7:38 PM | Report abuse

"The snake post" about Kendall catching it but would have fumbled it was priceless!!!!

CLEGG

Posted by: michael_b_clegg | September 18, 2009 7:39 PM | Report abuse

If you think the game day atmosphere in Fedex is bad, come on down here to Charlotte and see a Panthers game at the Bank. Place empties out midway through the 4th Q regardless of the score.

Posted by: dc-nc | September 18, 2009 7:54 PM | Report abuse

MONTGOMERY. What's it gonna' take to light a fire under this guy? He and HAYNESWORTH together, fa' ged' da' 'bout it. He has the size and ability to match HAYNESWORTH, but just doesn't have the motor, the desire.

Posted by: glawrence007 | September 18, 2009 8:05 PM | Report abuse

This team could take a step forward by blowing out the Rams...

No friggin 17-13 nail biters.

Time for some Grey Goose and some Slick Rick!

Posted by: rickyroge | September 18, 2009 8:16 PM | Report abuse

I bet Pabrian would say JC gave 145% effort on that int, but Moss let him down.

Ken is having a conniption fit right now.

Posted by: Megskin | September 18, 2009 8:18 PM | Report abuse

Great article from our friends at Hog Heaven about our Defense vs the Giants. Great break down ( as usual ) It takes the sting out of an ugly loss too.

CLEGG

Posted by: michael_b_clegg | September 18, 2009 8:20 PM | Report abuse

I'm 36 but I moved to los angeles so I'm 29.

Posted by: pabrian2003

Sounds about right. Everyone loses IQ points when they move to LA.

Posted by: TheCork

Hell, you lose IQ points just visiting LA.

Posted by: scampbell1975

whatever's left of my IQ is spent here trying to explain that cutting your best player won't make you better, to all you football geniuses.

thank you Portis for being the only consistent Skins offensive performer of the millenium, sorry that the fans don't understand.

Posted by: pabrian2003 | September 18, 2009 8:26 PM | Report abuse

Not trusts:

Larry David

Posted by: dcsween

WHAT???

Posted by: TheCork | September 18, 2009 6:33 PM

After the episode when he cuts the hair off the little girl's doll, how could you trust him? The George Costanza character IS Larry David. I don't trust George either, but his last name isn't a first name.

Posted by: dcsween | September 18, 2009 8:28 PM | Report abuse

i bet pabrian is incredibly handsome and intelligent

Posted by: pabrian2003 | September 18, 2009 8:31 PM | Report abuse

pabrian, sorry I haven't kept up ... was this about defending Portis? I think its legit to expect Portis to put up 100 yards tomorrow. Also, he's way too guaranteed to cut, dead cap space or not.

Posted by: dcsween | September 18, 2009 8:34 PM | Report abuse

Hey Pa Brian, I'm with you on Portis. I wanted to get rid of Randle El before the season. Now, I think they've found his natural position and I like it. As far as Campbell, I have become apathetic.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | September 18, 2009 8:34 PM | Report abuse

tomorrow ... Sunday ... whatever

Posted by: dcsween | September 18, 2009 8:35 PM | Report abuse

tomorrow ... Sunday ... whatever

Posted by: dcsween | September 18, 2009 8:35 PM |

I'd prefer Sunday.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | September 18, 2009 8:37 PM | Report abuse

Just to let you all know (not that you care) my wife has become absolutely addicted to Redskins football. Before last year she had no idea what football was about. Didn't know offense from defense, didn't even know what a first down is. Now she's trying to figure a way out of a baby shower to see the game Sunday. I have been blessed people...blessed.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | September 18, 2009 8:40 PM | Report abuse

I have been blessed people...blessed.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | September 18, 2009 8:40 PM |

I'm guessing that you didn't meet her at Agnes Scott College.

Posted by: talent_evaluator | September 18, 2009 8:50 PM | Report abuse

There have been a lot of complaints on this blog about Zorn's unimaginative play calling in Sunday's loss to the Giants at the Meadowlands. But he did the right thing. The Skins have lost like 8 in a row at the Meadowlands. There defintely is a lot of bad karma for them there. When the new stadium is up and running next year there may be a respite but I doubt it. The karma oozes out of the swamp there and a new building isn't going to make a difference. So Zorn did the best he could. Since losing was inevitable given how bad the karma was, he didn't trot out a lot of new offensive schemes. He just used a few throwaway gadgets that surprised nobody. He isn't going to show anybody his cards until he has a good chance of winning the pot. He did the same thing last year.

Posted by: CottonEyeJoe | September 18, 2009 8:50 PM | Report abuse

Lol...you got that right!

Posted by: scampbell1975 | September 18, 2009 8:51 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: scampbell1975 | September 18, 2009 8:40 PM |

Could be she has a thing for Denis Leary ...

Posted by: CottonEyeJoe | September 18, 2009 8:54 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: scampbell1975 | September 18, 2009 8:40 PM |

Could be she has a thing for Denis Leary ...

Posted by: CottonEyeJoe | September 18, 2009 8:54 PM |

Ha, shows how much you know. I played her No Cure for Cancer and that other one (I love Leary) and although she was amused, not as much as I was.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | September 18, 2009 8:58 PM | Report abuse

i agreed with j reid that the CB went after that pick more agressively than Moss.

and then I noted that Moss never gets criticism and I think it is because of those 2 td's in dallas in 2005.

thats the long and short of it, it everyone's fault but Moss

Posted by: pabrian2003 | September 18, 2009 9:04 PM | Report abuse

Another great point from our friends at HOG HEAVEN BLOG.......

(The third down play at the 8 yard line in the third quarter on which Campbell was sacked by Justin Tuck, Moss completely gave up on route. He drew a safety as well as Terrell Thomas, made a cut to the inside, and kind of jogged over the middle while Campbell went down. I guarentee you Zorn didn't call that route, and Moss' complete lack of effort is very disheartening.)

NOW THAT's REPORTING!!!!

CLEGG

Posted by: michael_b_clegg | September 18, 2009 9:26 PM | Report abuse

I am starting Campbell, ARE, and the skins D in my fantasy league this week. That is a risky move right there.

Posted by: BMACattack | September 18, 2009 9:46 PM | Report abuse

Was JC guilty for throwing that pick.....absolutely. Did Moss give up on the play.....absolutely. The CB made no move toward JC and stayed with his reciever so maybe he wasnt sure about the LOS. If you look at Moss he was in spectator mode and wasn't making a move to do jack....all around bad play with QB making a bad decision.

Posted by: myrtle_beach_fan | September 18, 2009 11:09 PM | Report abuse

http://ow.ly/q53G Funniest pro athlete commercial I've seen in a long time. Steve Nash for Vitaminwater with Curtis Jackson cameo.

Posted by: will_ga | September 19, 2009 12:45 AM | Report abuse

I can haz scrapple in Georgia! The local grocery carries Jenkins brand Scrapple along with liver mush & souse. Couldn't really tell much difference between scrapple & liver mush. Both were gray blocks. The souse looked like a block of pink vomit. Truly nauseating in appearance. I didn't want to frighten the children so I didn't buy any scrapple but will sneak some in the house soon & try it when no one is around.

Posted by: will_ga | September 19, 2009 1:06 AM | Report abuse

You know, you've probably nailed three or four signs of addiction to something right there, Will.

God, RI has addicted you to scrapple and you haven't even tried it yet!

Further proof that RI is irrevocably bad for you.

Posted by: JohnDinHouston | September 19, 2009 8:30 AM | Report abuse

Corey Webster also made an amazing play on the ball and pretty much dominated our #1 receiver all day. He won the battle on the talent front. Yeah it was a dumb play by JC, but only a special talent makes that int. Gotta recognize game when you see it.

Posted by: Kenbeatrizz | September 19, 2009 8:33 AM | Report abuse

It bothers me that men wear skinny jeans.

Posted by: Original_etrod | September 18, 2009 2:18 PM

AMEN! PREACH!

Posted by: 4thFloor | September 19, 2009 8:47 AM | Report abuse

Right On Barno 1 !! The Redskins need a home field advantage! Seems like they play an away game even when they are at home. Did you hear that crowd at the Giants game? The Redskins fans should make as much noise like the old days of RFK! Fix the top of Fed Ex stadium so the sound bounces off the top and back down on the field!! Very bad design for FEDEX Field! Who cam up with that design? He must root for the cowgirls!!

Posted by: vexed50verizonnet | September 19, 2009 9:56 AM | Report abuse

Who cam up with that design? He must root for the cowgirls!!

Posted by: vexed50verizonnet | September 19, 2009 9:56 AM

Jack Kent Cooke. And he doesn't root for anyone anymore.

Posted by: talent_evaluator | September 19, 2009 10:04 AM | Report abuse

Makes me wonder what Zorn's play-calling is listed as.

Posted by: chasgiffen | September 18, 2009 6:57 PM

Probably listed as medium.

Posted by: RedCherokee | September 19, 2009 10:17 AM | Report abuse

"Makes me wonder what Zorn's play-calling is listed as."

It seemed to me that by formation variation, the use of the shotgun on second down, holding back on calling running plays excessively, integrating multiple players into the packages, Mr. Zorn did a very good job yesterday.

He's not the one who dropped two touchdown passes.

The thing is, once he gets this group into a groove, can it put 21-28 points up on the board in games when it has to?

The redskins offense is a work in progress.

Give Zorn some time.