Redskins' Defense Prepared for 'a Real Test'

Most of the Redskins would rather not be reminded about their last game against the New England Patriots -- a 52-7 loss in October 2007.

But defensive coordinator Greg Blache is not among that group. Blache is eager to see how the Redskins match up against the Patriots tonight at FedEx Field.

"Last time we played those people, they put up 52 points on us. They had some success against us," Blache said after practice earlier this week at Redskins Park. "It's going to be a real challenge, and a real test, to see what kind of football team we are.

"I'm certain they're going to play their guys a long ways, we're going to play our guys a long ways. Hopefully, we'll get a feeling what we can be."

Blache expressed frustration with the first-team defense after the Steelers converted three of four third downs last week. He expects to see significant improvement in that area tonight. "It'll be interesting how we respond to this," he said.

By Jason Reid  |  August 28, 2009; 1:30 PM ET
Categories:  Jason Reid
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Blache: 'It's Always Good to See' Springs
Next: The Forecast, the blog and Twitter

Comments

Faust.

Posted by: frediefritz | August 28, 2009 1:33 PM | Report abuse

Faust.

Posted by: frediefritz

Devil make you do it?

Posted by: zcezcest1 | August 28, 2009 1:35 PM | Report abuse

That coach also has a vested interest in getting Tebow drafted high. It makes recruiting easier.

Posted by: frediefritz | August 28, 2009 1:38 PM | Report abuse

On the football outsider analysis -- mostly right. It was more than just Samuels that fell apart on the OL. Thomas was playing hurt and Jansen kept getting worse and Rabach had a few games where he got eaten alive. So if he'd said it was Samuels + the rest of the OL degrading or missing, he'd have been right.

And Vicc -- laughed at your earlier joke about FedEx security doing a search for gum. Even though I'm on the "pro" Jason side, funny is funny.

Posted by: zcezcest1 | August 28, 2009 1:39 PM | Report abuse

I love how there were fans complaining about NE hanging 52 on us in 2007. Where were they in 2005 when we hung 52 on the Niners?

Posted by: PAskinsfan17 | August 28, 2009 1:39 PM | Report abuse

"Bites on double moves"

you can't make this stuff up......

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | August 28, 2009 1:44 PM | Report abuse

52-7..That's one of the worst shellackings ever..The 73-0 Championship loss to Chicago, The Rout by the LA raiders in the Super Bowl, The Monday Night "Body Bag Bowl" against Philly...

Posted by: frak | August 28, 2009 1:45 PM | Report abuse

"52-7..That's one of the worst shellackings ever"

And could have totally been avoided if the Redskins would've grown some balls that day.

Posted by: RedDMV | August 28, 2009 1:49 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: frediefritz | August 28, 2009 1:38 PM | Report abuse

If any of you are at the game tailgating later, feel free to look for the guy in the Percy Harvin Gator Jersey and I will be more than happy to share a beer and burger or hot dog and we can continue this discussion. Whether or not we agree on the Gators QB is irrelevant once game time comes. JM220, I know you dont drink, but I will still have a coke and a burger, since I am assuming you dont eat the swine either.

Posted by: gatorskinz2000 | August 28, 2009 1:50 PM | Report abuse

bean, what was it like for you amongst your buddies up there in bean-town? I'm sure they gave you the business for the rest of the week, huh?

Posted by: RedDMV | August 28, 2009 1:52 PM | Report abuse

gatorskinz2000 Tebow pimpin' = psps23 Campbell pimpin'

You both stand by your men. Regardless of what the rest of the world has to say.

I don't agree, but I can respect that.

Posted by: RedDMV | August 28, 2009 1:55 PM | Report abuse

Yeah, I don't have a problem (beyond thinking it's gaudy...even when WE do it..) with the 50 plus points.

I do have a problem w/ Double G rolling up into a ball and trying to do nothing but deep cover. And being unsuccessful at it.

Our only chance in that game was to smack Brady around so much he gave it up. And while we were behind, it was still possible to try that. So Double G turtles up and we STILL get trounced.

Amazingly bad. He did the same thing against dallas in the second game.

Grilliams' system was good. His gametime decisions were too emotional, I believe.

Posted by: DikShuttle | August 28, 2009 1:55 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: gatorskinz2000

Thanks for the offer gator and you are right I don't eat swine. Also inlcuded in that list is beef, chicken, and turkey.

Posted by: jm220 | August 28, 2009 1:55 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: PAskinsfan17 | August 28, 2009 1:39 PM

'05...Cheering. '07...Complaining. It's called being a fan.

Posted by: 4-12 | August 28, 2009 1:56 PM | Report abuse

red, the local fans are a pompous group, the general thinking that Bill invented football in 2001. I hated that week....I hated the laying down like a beaten dog approach that the redskins took...I hated Gibbs that week for not getting more pissed off, and I hated Blache that week for not sending someone to plant TB in the turf........

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | August 28, 2009 1:59 PM | Report abuse

The upcoming roster cuts really could go a lot of directions. Can't figure out what they will do with the surplus of good but not great DL and also what they will do at CBs. I assume feel-good story BMW will get cut but on the other hand they can always pick him up. Does anyone know the roster rules for practice squad? I thought that it was something like if you had previously been on the active roster you couldn't go back to the practice squad? That will save Tryon I guess.

Posted by: zornskins2 | August 28, 2009 2:02 PM | Report abuse

'05...Cheering. '07...Complaining. It's called being a fan.

Posted by: 4-12 | August 28, 2009 1:56 PM | Report abuse

No, it's called being a hypocrite. You can't get mad at a team for running up the score when you're team runs up the score. If you're mad at your team or the D-coordinator that's fine.

Posted by: PAskinsfan17 | August 28, 2009 2:02 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: frak | August 28, 2009 1:45 PM | Report abuse

Gotta toss in our shutout loss at NY in 05 as well. 36-0 was it? Don't think our team would put up that same kind of fight if Snyder had died the previous week.

Posted by: Barno1 | August 28, 2009 2:04 PM | Report abuse

Sounds like mad bomber kind of stats to me. The kind of guy that keeps both teams in the game.

So I'm not sure there is much of a point about Cutler being better from this.

Posted by: zcezcest1 | August 28, 2009 1:32 PM | Report abuse

Zce -- I know what you're getting at, and I think it's a good point to make. But my argument is that in terms of Total Team Points/Yardage/WINS (most importantly) it is actually better for a QB to avg 2.5TD(1INT)/gm than to avg 1TD(0INT)/gm. Especially if the gun-slinger's YPA is a good deal higher (while keeping the same Completion %). This is because it stretches defenses out. The NFL used to be a league where you had to Run to establish the Pass. Nowadays, you have to PASS to establish the RUN. Just the 'threat' of Cutler would have made Portis much better.

Also, a telling stat for Cutler haters -- he is 13-1 when his team gives up 21 or fewer points. The median NFL defense gave up 21pts/gm last year. Denver could have been Superbowl Bound if they hadn't given up 28pts/gm (30th overall). That defense is why Shanahan got canned.

Again...I'm not a Campbell hater. I want him to play well and most importantly - Win. I'm just saying he's not AS GOOD as Cutler. And I'd feel much better about our chances as a team with Cutler behind center.

Posted by: Sheriff_Gonna_Getcha | August 28, 2009 2:05 PM | Report abuse

Wasn't complaining about the Pats running up the score. Was yelling, pleading, imploring DoubleG to send some pressure. They sat in a soft zone all day, let Brady sit in the pocket...file his nails...get the pretty lady in the 3rd rows phone number...have a cocktail...eat some dinner...impregnate that lady in the 3rd row...and then fire another TD pass.

Posted by: 4-12 | August 28, 2009 2:06 PM | Report abuse

I have a question.

I can see why they called him "Blue" Springs.

But why didn't they call him "Silver"?

Posted by: Samson151 | August 28, 2009 11:47 AM

It means he's so Black, he looks Blue....

LMAO...True Story...

Posted by: 4thFloor | August 28, 2009 2:07 PM | Report abuse

Wow, no "the sky is falling" type of Redskins chat. Good to see ladies!

Posted by: lavararrington | August 28, 2009 2:08 PM | Report abuse

Nate, gotta bump up the slots. For defense and K -- need at least 2 spots because of the bye weeks. For QB, probably should have 3 slots since guys can get injured.

Posted by: zcezcest1 | August 28, 2009 2:08 PM | Report abuse

On having 52 points hung on you, or you hanging it on someone else, I file it under "Sometimes you get the bear, sometimes the bear gets you."

You think you can't put a little bit of self-doubt into a future opponent's defense by putting up a ridiculous number of points?

Posted by: freakzilla | August 28, 2009 2:10 PM | Report abuse

Playing JC is all part of Big Dan's master plan to get a fair shot at Tim Tebow in next year's draft. Last draft, when he couldn't trade for Cuttler or move up for Sanchez, it dawned on Big Dan that the Skins record was "too good" to draft that low. So now he figures to pay and play JC for another season -- and drop about 12 or 13 games -- and then move up to pick 2nd or 3rd in the next draft. See, it will all work out in the end. All it takes is a little patience...

Posted by: Vic1 | August 28, 2009 11:49 AM | Report abuse

You're not really that stupid are you? Let me guess, you're the guy who calls 911 when he sees strange lights in the sky and claims you've seen a UFO? You're the guy who believes American astronauts never landed on the moon? You believe in leprechauns, unicorns, mermaids, santa, easter bunny, tooth fairy, etc.

Admit it...you're THAT guy.

Posted by: Barno1 | August 28, 2009 2:11 PM | Report abuse

"Also, a telling stat for Cutler haters -- he is 13-1 when his team gives up 21 or fewer points."

This stat, while interesting, only has its desired effect if you assume Cutler isn't partially responsible for the defense's production. What would be interesting to see is how his INTs are distributed between the games where his defense let up less than 21 pts, and the games where his defense let up more than 21 pts.

Posted by: psps23 | August 28, 2009 2:13 PM | Report abuse

But Doug Williams' 2nd quarter of the Super Bowl vs. the Broncos, where he racked up 35 points..Now , if we could just emulate that quarter every game, we'd win 140-0!! Did somebody say Budweiser??

Posted by: frak | August 28, 2009 2:14 PM | Report abuse

Barno1: if DS had died that week then every fan/player would have shown up drunk with glee to the game.

Posted by: NFeKPo | August 28, 2009 2:14 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: PAskinsfan17 | August 28, 2009 1:39 PM
----------------------

I was at that game, and towards the end of the game, I decided to occupy the suite's i was in bathroom with a lovely, older married woman.

Talk about a blow out.

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop | August 28, 2009 2:14 PM | Report abuse

I have a question.

I can see why they called him "Blue" Springs.

But why didn't they call him "Silver"?

Posted by: Samson151 | August 28, 2009 11:47 AM

It means he's so Black, he looks Blue....

LMAO...True Story...

Posted by: 4thFloor

They coulda called him Yellow ... after his teeth ...

Posted by: zcezcest1 | August 28, 2009 2:14 PM | Report abuse

Wow, no "the sky is falling" type of Redskins chat. Good to see ladies!

Posted by: lavararrington | August 28, 2009 2:08 PM
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Check back tomorrow if the first team offense looks like they did in the first two games....

Posted by: smurff1 | August 28, 2009 2:17 PM | Report abuse

Isn't it great... the hardest part of our schedule is the preseason.

We're playing 3 or 4 of the most physical teams in the league this preseason... yeah, Campbell hasn't looked great yet due to the tough defenses we have played... but we don't have to play Balt, Pitt, or Patriots in reg season. There isn't a 3 game stretch on the regular schedule that is even comparable.

After the Giants game... win or lose... we have got to go on a run.. Rams, Lions, Bucs, Chiefs should all be wins... If the last game of the season means anything, the Chargers will have wrapped up their division & probably will be sitting Rivers, LT, & crew.

btw... anybody remember when Jon Jansen said he was gonna show that he was still a good tackle when we play them?? ... Yeah, good luck Jon when Orakpo is coming off the edge on 3rd downs in game #3... then you'll see why we had to let you go.

Posted by: tony325 | August 28, 2009 2:17 PM | Report abuse

"I hated that week....I hated the laying down like a beaten dog approach that the redskins took...I hated Gibbs that week for not getting more pissed off, and I hated Blache that week for not sending someone to plant TB in the turf........"

Posted by: BeantownGreg1

Two words: 'In' and 'Deed'. I was thinking: "Damn, where's the fire?" No one pushed one of them, maybe did a little something after the whistle, I mean NOTHING!

But the 'skins looked passive and in over there heads at that time. A direct extension of their head coach.

Oh, also want to give a RI shout out to everyone who comes up here daily, on the reg, often, or whenever and blogs about the 'skins and what's ever on your mind. Some over at Wizards Insider (I'll pause for a minute for the laughs and jokes to cease) are hating on the creme de la creme aka Redskins Insider.

I suggest you go over to Wizards Insider and give up 'em a hand boost like you'd do for one of your friends trying to climb a fence. They damn sure need it.

Posted by: RedDMV | August 28, 2009 2:17 PM | Report abuse

4-12 & Dik Shuttle on the same page. werd.

Posted by: DikShuttle | August 28, 2009 2:18 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Sheriff_Gonna_Getcha | August 28, 2009 2:05 PM | Report abuse

All, we're saying is that they're 2 sides of the same coin. You want to give Cutler a better defense and that's fine. We want JC to have Cutler's line and Cutler's receivers. Cutler isn't throwing 4,000 yards to a double covered Moss and Cooley with Randle El dropping everything. Cutler isn't throwing 20 TDs while being sacked 40 times. JC has never played in a good offense and Cutler has. That's the point we are trying to make. You want Cutler to play here because you think he'll put up the same numbers here. That's wrong. It won't happen. Cutler would suck here. There are few QBs that would be good here.

Posted by: PAskinsfan17 | August 28, 2009 2:19 PM | Report abuse

"It means he's so Black, he looks Blue...."

I am offened by this remark.

And not because of the racial implications.

I once dated a girl so black she could hide in a cup of coffee.

I made her burn flares in the bedroom at night so I could find her.

Her milk carton missing child photo looked like some clumsy kid spilled ink into a square.

She got mad at me the day I told her I couldn't find her as she lay naked on asphalt.

"I might be black on the outside," she said. "But the pink insides is all that matters."

And it did.

Posted by: MistaMoe | August 28, 2009 2:21 PM | Report abuse

Red, you see the ESPN 2009-2010 NBA predictions.

Biggest turnaround? Wizards by a landslide.

Posted by: psps23 | August 28, 2009 2:22 PM | Report abuse

Moe, that might have been your best post to date.

Posted by: psps23 | August 28, 2009 2:23 PM | Report abuse

It means he's so Black, he looks Blue....

LMAO...True Story...

Posted by: 4thFloor

Or purple... lol...

----------------------------------------------------------------
They coulda called him Yellow ... after his teeth ...

Posted by: zcezcest1

That was his blackness offsetting the whiteness of his teeth.

Posted by: RedDMV | August 28, 2009 2:25 PM | Report abuse

""Tebow now has the same College QB coach as Brady did, he was the one who made the comparison. Saying, they both have the "it" factor. I would say he might have a better inside track on that than we do."

First you'd have to define an 'it' factor before you can decide who has one. I'm pretty sure the argument falls apart right there. The coach is just woofing.

Last person who had the "it' factor was Clara Bow.

Posted by: Samson151 | August 28, 2009 2:31 PM | Report abuse

***NBA POST***

psps, I'm a fan of all D.C. teams, Wizards included. I'm really hyped about the up-coming season, and what they can potentially do this season. I liked the offseason moves they've made from coaches to players, I like what's being reported about Arenas' progress, hell anytime you have LeBron giving the dude props (You know he hates Arenas) he must look damn good on the court.

I'm curious to see the progress of JaVale McGee, and to see Nick Young running off screens like Rip did/does in Detroit. I really like the coaching staff!

Posted by: RedDMV | August 28, 2009 2:32 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: DikShuttle | August 28, 2009 1:55 PM | Report abuse

I have always said that Williams, while a great schemer, is terrible at making in-game adjustments. I don't know if it's ego or incompetence but he never deviates from his game plan. That is his biggest weakness.

The Patriots game stands showed it but I think the Seattle playoff game in 05 was the best example. His entire gameplan was geard toward stopping Shawn Alexander but when Alexander got knocked out of the game, he stayed with that plan even though Seattle abandoned the run and Hasslebeck was eating us up.

Still makes me sick to this day.

Posted by: Original_etrod | August 28, 2009 2:32 PM | Report abuse

[stares blankly at wall]

Posted by: DikShuttle | August 28, 2009 2:33 PM | Report abuse

amen etrod

Posted by: DikShuttle | August 28, 2009 2:36 PM | Report abuse

The Redskins will finish with a 4-12 record.

Jason Campbell, is definitely not an NFL Quarterback.

It's time to say goodbye to Vincent Cerrato.

Too bad, Danny Snyder.

Danny Snyder loves Penn State.

Maryland basketball will finish with a 15-16 record

No NCAA bid

No NIT bid

Maryland Football will finish with a 2-10 record.

Maryland's defensive line and linebacker corps are a joke --- no pass rush whatsoever and give up a ton of long yardage plays.

I have seen harder hitting teams in powder puff leagues.

The only hard hits the Terps make - are out of bound plays - which cost them an additional 15 yards - which are quite frequent.

California's running back - Best - will gain 296 yards in the opening game

I love it, when Maryland constantly gets embarrassed on national TV.

Prediction:

California -- 56
Maryland -- 10

It's hilarious to see Maryland win a game - and the very next week get clobbered by a Virginia Tech - Boston College.

It is great to see Maryland go down to a crushing defeat on the football recruiting front (the kids they have received commitments from - are a joke! - taking the bottom of the barrel)

Carolina Blue - Carolina WHITE - Go Tar Heels - Let's go Tar Heels !

Posted by: hclark1 | August 28, 2009 2:36 PM | Report abuse

NBA Rant - kg's gonna be back and healthy, and with Sheed coming off the bench, might as well just start the parade right now....ain't no sense wasting time...

I can handle losing, but losing like that, having your manhood taken from you, and doing NOTHING about it was the part that make me puke in my mouth.....

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | August 28, 2009 2:36 PM | Report abuse

gatorskinz2000 Tebow pimpin' = psps23 Campbell pimpin'

I don't agree, but I can respect that.

Posted by: RedDMV
________________________

How Tammy Wynette.

Posted by: chasgiffen | August 28, 2009 2:37 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: coparker5 | August 28, 2009 2:37 PM | Report abuse

I'm big-time excites about all the teams. Wizards have huge potential, the Caps are already legitimate contenders, and the Redskins have the talent to play with the best of them. I also include the US National Team (soccer) in that list, but I'll spare you of their future prospects, which are looking better than ever.

It's a good time to be a sports fan.

Posted by: psps23 | August 28, 2009 2:41 PM | Report abuse

That was his blackness offsetting the whiteness of his teeth.

Posted by: RedDMV | August 28, 2009 2:25 PM | Report abuse

He looks like a Pittsburgh Steelers helmet.

Posted by: Original_etrod | August 28, 2009 2:41 PM | Report abuse

Good One MOE!

Pink, indeed, is all that matters!!

Posted by: 4thFloor | August 28, 2009 2:41 PM | Report abuse

Campbell will throw a TD tonight and the Redskins D will get an INT tonight.

I traveled in time to find this out for you guys. I also found out that if you travel forward in time while holding a sandwich, the sandwich is all stale and gross by the time you get to the future. Just a little nugget of wisdom for you hampsters

Posted by: -swb | August 28, 2009 2:41 PM | Report abuse

"Cutler dictates to the defense that he is going against - which sometimes results in interceptions. On the other hand, defenses dictate to Campbell and he willingly complies with little dump-offs.

Posted by: coparker5"

It's the exact same difference between Peyton Manning and Tom Brady. Opposite styles, both end up with similar results.

Posted by: psps23 | August 28, 2009 2:43 PM | Report abuse

Doesn't make much difference how well Washington's D handles the Pat's O -- unless they can score a lot of points off turnovers. JC said he just wants to go out, run some plays, and try to get into a rhythm. He didn't say much about scoring or winning -- as if he could...

And the trouble is, that rhythm will sound pretty familiar to anyone who has been following "JC and the No-Shine Band" over the past several seasons:
"3 'n Out, 3 'n Out, Punt or Pick, Shake, Shake, Shake... Shake Yo' Boooo-ty!"

Posted by: Vic1 | August 28, 2009 2:44 PM | Report abuse

The last time we played New England in the preseason, they broke our newly signed, free-agent DT Brandon Nobles' knee. Note to Haynesworth: Beware the Patriots. They play these games for keeps. This ain't no walk through with these guys!

Posted by: rb-freedom-for-all | August 28, 2009 2:47 PM | Report abuse

If we can't score on the Pats suspect D, then we are SJK'd and I will be calling JC Patrick Ramsey 2.0 going forward (If he doesn't lead a respectable drive atleast once)......

Posted by: 4thFloor | August 28, 2009 2:47 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: NFeKPo | August 28, 2009 2:14 PM

Now that is really a sick and messed up thing to say. My point was only that Snyder is not loved that same way Giants fans loved Mara. But you took that to a whole 'nother level.

I am a big Dan Snyder fan and I know several other diehard Skins fans that appreciate Snyder as an owner and think he has done a great job ever since Joe Gibbs first came back.

Posted by: Barno1 | August 28, 2009 2:48 PM | Report abuse

"and think he has done a great job ever since Joe Gibbs first came back.

Posted by: Barno1"

I would say 'much improved' instead of great. I'll always appreciate the passion and dedication to winning, but his impulsive actions (hoping to trade for OchoCinco and Cutler) have only been saved by the opposing teams' responses. Just because the WR dropped a pass doesn't mean the DB forced the incompletion, you know what I'm saying?

Posted by: psps23 | August 28, 2009 2:53 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: RedDMV | August 28, 2009 2:17 PM | Report abuse

4 words: you are a nerd

Posted by: Barno1 | August 28, 2009 2:54 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: PAskinsfan17 | August 28, 2009 2:19 PM | Report abuse

I never said Cutler would put up his DEN numbers here. Not at all. I wanted Cutler to play here because he would put up BETTER numbers than CAMPBELL.

This year will be an interesting comparison of the two. They both have good-to-great DEF, mediocre OL, suspect receiving corps but with a good TE (though WAS has better WRs overall), and a great RB. I'm confident Cutler throws more TDs than Campbell when both are in a 'run-based offense'.

Posted by: Sheriff_Gonna_Getcha | August 28, 2009 2:58 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: -swb | August 28, 2009 2:41 PM | Report abuse
So if you travel back in time, your basic ham and cheese sandwich turns into hogs, cows and flour? This blog really is fascinating.

Posted by: frediefritz | August 28, 2009 3:04 PM | Report abuse

If tebow for some retarded reason winds up here he's gotta show us a full frontal pic of his girls bewbs

Posted by: murphyz | August 28, 2009 3:05 PM | Report abuse

I'm gonna make a cartoon called "Jason the Shy Howitzah"..He'll be this cute little howitzah, like Ferdinand the Bull, that just doesn't live up to his potential...One day, suddenly, lying on his back in the field, he realizes, "I can DO this!!", stands up and leads the Skins to Championship Glory!! TAA-DAAAAAH!!

Posted by: frak | August 28, 2009 3:08 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: -swb | August 28, 2009 2:41 PM

Does that mean you also age when you go forward in time? If so, be judicious with that date setting. Wouldn't want to show up dead in the future.

Posted by: freakzilla | August 28, 2009 3:09 PM | Report abuse

RED:

Your 1:49 p.m. so true. That's the game that ran JOE GIBBS. He realized it was a new set of rules in the NFL with players that responded to different stimuli. I never saw a GIBBS team act like that before or after.

BTW, get ready for a mud-bowl. The rain is coming down in sheets, thunder and lightning all over the place. I mean cats and dogs, somebody opened the zipper in the heavens-type stuff. Wind at 40-50 mile an hour gusts. Hope you're gonna' be at home for the game. This unstable air-mass is supposed to last three days. Don't know if the game will commence. Guess it depends where this front is at game-time.

Posted by: glawrence007 | August 28, 2009 3:09 PM | Report abuse

frediefritz, I haven't tried it yet, but yes - I would assume so. Although, it may also turn into a bloody mass of animal, depending on how far you go back.

The real lesson is that you shouldn't travel in time with food in your hand. Also, the lesson here is that Skins fans will have a few reasons to cheer tonight.

Posted by: -swb | August 28, 2009 3:09 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: frediefritz | August 28, 2009 3:04 PM | Report abuse

Interestingly enough if you take that same ham and cheese sandwich into the future with Justin Tryon you get BBM, Shawne Merriman and future draft considerations.

Posted by: NFeKPo | August 28, 2009 3:12 PM | Report abuse

That was also the year the Pat's cheated with video taping from the stands; so they knew the Skins play calls...

Posted by: siris | August 28, 2009 3:16 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: murphyz
_____________________

I say get McCoy or Bradford and buy the pic.

Posted by: chasgiffen | August 28, 2009 3:17 PM | Report abuse

and think he has done a great job ever since Joe Gibbs first came back.

Posted by: Barno1"

???????????
You do realize the BL, Adam Archuleta, and Al Saunders were all after Gibbs came back...

Posted by: NFeKPo | August 28, 2009 3:17 PM | Report abuse

Saw your post over on WIZ insider. I used to be a regular there, but most of the sycophatic WIZARDS followers didn't take kindly to my lambasting ABE POLLIN for all those over the moon contracts he started handing out like confetti. This summer I've cooled my jets until training camp begins here in RICHMOND. I'll post you up on the happenings.

Posted by: glawrence007 | August 28, 2009 3:19 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: siris | August 28, 2009 3:16 PM | Report abuse

Yes, because they wouldn't have learned them by videotaping from the sideline which is leagal. SpyGate wasn't as big of a deal as people make it out to be.

Posted by: PAskinsfan17 | August 28, 2009 3:19 PM | Report abuse

Go ask the Gang the Post employs about the weather.....

Posted by: 4thFloor | August 28, 2009 3:19 PM | Report abuse

and TJ Duckett

Posted by: NFeKPo | August 28, 2009 3:19 PM | Report abuse

Does anyone know if the game is broadcast in LA area?

Posted by: peaceful2008 | August 28, 2009 3:21 PM | Report abuse

I'm only getting it up here in Beanville, because of who they're playing....

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | August 28, 2009 3:23 PM | Report abuse

Does anyone know if the game is broadcast in LA area?

Posted by: peaceful2008 | August 28, 2009 3:21 PM | Report abuse

It should be, it's the national game tonight. CBS should have it.

Posted by: PAskinsfan17 | August 28, 2009 3:24 PM | Report abuse

thanks Pakistan17

Posted by: peaceful2008 | August 28, 2009 3:24 PM | Report abuse

It's National Bean...You ain't special...(j/king)..

Posted by: 4thFloor | August 28, 2009 3:25 PM | Report abuse

Wiz will definitely be back in 09-10. Agent Zero ballin' in the Goodman League. Skip to 5:45 mark.

Posted by: learnedhand1 | August 28, 2009 3:25 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | August 28, 2009 1:59 PM | Report abuse

I'm a big believer in being gracious in defeat. When an opponent proves their superiority, part of being a man about it is to honor and respect that fact.

BUT

What the Pats did was obnoxious and humiliating for the Skins. In a situation like that you find a way to break someone's collarbone and salvage a little bit of dignity for yourself as a competitor.

Posted by: p1funk | August 28, 2009 3:28 PM | Report abuse

[stares blankly at wall]

Posted by: DikShuttle | August 28, 2009 2:33 PM

--------------

Dick-Scuffle, is that your Native American name?

Posted by: peaceful2008 | August 28, 2009 3:29 PM | Report abuse

4th, you have no idea how wrong you are....my mom is gonna email you and tell you just HOW special I am.....fix your red wagon...

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | August 28, 2009 3:30 PM | Report abuse

My friend just sent me this quote from a foxsports article. I thought it was too good to keep to myself.

"But no one who gets his name in an NFL story this year will do anything more ludicrous than New York district attorney Robert Morgenthau. For the record, Morgenthau is 90. He was born during the Woodrow Wilson administration, near the end of what they called the Great War.

Does he really think his community is served by having the taxpayers provide three hots and a cot for Plaxico Burress for the next two years?

The guy shot himself in the leg.

Donte' Stallworth served 24 days after killing a guy while drunk driving.

Former Patriots offensive lineman Daniel Villa just got two years for raping a 15-year-old girl.

Plax. Shot. Himself."

Then he offered this statement:

The world may be insane, but at least its football season.

Posted by: psps23 | August 28, 2009 3:31 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: PAskinsfan17 | August 28, 2009 1:39 PM

They could have been at the beach. The fun 'n gun did its damage during the pre-season. I know it's a big deal up here (slit your wrists, JC threw a bad pass!) but it doesn't count.

Posted by: mack1 | August 28, 2009 3:31 PM | Report abuse

4 words: you are a nerd

Posted by: Barno1

I have several for you.

I hope this wasn't intended as an insult. If so, you have to try some other preconceived negative based insult to hurl at me, homeboy. I've long ago acknowledged and accepted the fact that I'm a nerd. from the jobs I do to the way I speak verbally.

Before I air your ass out, I just want to express that I'm a huge fan of Micheal Lee and how he reports. My knock on Wizards Insider wasn't a shot at him, more of a shot at the lame-can't-RI-hang posters that had to say anything negative about Redskins Insider.

I don't know if you know this, but you're a nerd too, dickface. And if you want to know what qualifies you as such, I'll tell you: You post on WashingtonPost.com blogs just like me, and just like everyone else here on RI or WI.

You used to post up here on RI regularly, right? But got ran off because 90% of the bloggers here couldn't stand your annoying La Canfora bashing? Could that be the reason you're now a "regular" on Wizards Insider? Could it be you didn't "feel the love" from anyone here on RI anymore, and just tucked your tail between your nag ass and bounced?

Is it true that you gave La Canfora a DVD for Chris Cooley to sign but Cooley basically said "F you" and kept your DVD. And when you pressed La Canfora about it, you went on the non-stop personal rampage against La Canfora? That you tried everything in the book to get people against La Canfora? Furthermore, did La Canfora have to create a thread just for YOU to explain to your crybaby ass that Cooley not signing the DVD wasn't anything personal, on Cooley's part or his?

Correct me if I'm wrong. When I started posting, your petulant act had to begin to wear thin on most people. You were on the level of FJZ/HMS guy.

Now you call me a nerd, but me being 25 I'm assuming that you're eons older than I am, but you're the one asking for autographs and what not... smh @ a grown man asking for an autograph, then whining like a little B-I when he couldn't get it signed.

I was just talking with a dude about getting autographs signed... as a MAN, the only time I'd ask a celebrity or person of notoriety to sign anything would be if I took a picture with them. No way I'd be like "sign my shirt" or "sign my card", more less "sign my DVD" -- it just comes off as pathetic and lame to me.

What was the title of your DVD, Barno?

Posted by: RedDMV | August 28, 2009 3:32 PM | Report abuse

Where were they in 2005 when we hung 52 on the Niners?

Posted by: PAskinsfan17 | August 28, 2009 1:39 PM

I was actually at FedEx, soaking it in.

Our family dumped our season tix after that year, and I didn't mind one bit.

I got to see the Niners get shellacked, I got to see us beat Philly on Monday night, and it was especially sweet to watch Drew Bledsoe and Bill Parcells crumble against the Skins that year. I talked SOOOO MUCH smack to the Dallas fans sitting around me. I belive we ended up winning 35-7 or something like that.

As soon as the season was over and the family talked about dumping the season tix, I said "Do it"...b/c I knew I was likely never going to have another nice stretch of gameday experiences like that at FedEx during the Snyder era.

So far I am correct...

Posted by: p1funk | August 28, 2009 3:36 PM | Report abuse

"It means he's so Black, he looks Blue...."

I am offened by this remark.

And not because of the racial implications.

I once dated a girl so black she could hide in a cup of coffee.

I made her burn flares in the bedroom at night so I could find her.

And it did.

Posted by: MistaMoe

--------------

Posted by: peaceful2008 | August 28, 2009 3:37 PM | Report abuse

Well, RI lore has it that it was a CD, but otherwise, you get the gist of it.

Posted by: JohnDinHouston | August 28, 2009 3:37 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: mack1 | August 28, 2009 3:31 PM | Report abuse

I doubt that. That was regular season. Late October isn't good beach weather. That was a couple years after the chuck n duck.

Posted by: PAskinsfan17 | August 28, 2009 3:37 PM | Report abuse

red if you want to piss Barno off just bring up how great Etan Thomas was/is for the community.

Posted by: NFeKPo | August 28, 2009 3:38 PM | Report abuse

Don't call RedDMV a nerd, man , its just not cool..

Posted by: frak | August 28, 2009 3:41 PM | Report abuse

"What the Pats did was obnoxious and humiliating for the Skins. In a situation like that you find a way to break someone's collarbone and salvage a little bit of dignity for yourself as a competitor"

p1, agreed, Brady should have gotten taken to the turf on EVERY play, and with bad intentions in mind...this should have happened over, and over, and over, until they called off the dogs, put in the 2nd string/stopped going for it on 4th down...I don't care how many flags would have gotten thrown, if they were trying to send a message to the league, then the Redskins should have sent one right back....

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | August 28, 2009 3:42 PM | Report abuse

The Redskins will finish with a 4-12 record.

Jason Campbell, is definitely not an NFL Quarterback.

It's time to say goodbye to Vincent Cerrato.

Too bad, Danny Snyder.

Danny Snyder loves Penn State.

Maryland basketball will finish with a 15-16 record

No NCAA bid

No NIT bid

Maryland Football will finish with a 2-10 record.

I have seen harder hitting teams in powder puff leagues.

California's running back - Best - will gain 296 yards in the opening game

I love it, when Maryland constantly gets embarrassed on national TV.

Prediction:

California -- 56
Maryland -- 10

Carolina Blue - Carolina WHITE - Go Tar Heels - Let's go Tar Heels !
Posted by: hclark1 | August 28, 2009 2:36 PM

------------------------------

hclark1,

May I suggest you take up fornicating with your family members until they are all Carolina Black and Blue in you know where. keep the tradition going in hclarckville, and stay off the Redskins board, OK love?

Posted by: peaceful2008 | August 28, 2009 3:43 PM | Report abuse

The guy shot himself in the leg.

Donte' Stallworth served 24 days after killing a guy while drunk driving.

Plax. Shot. Himself."

Then he offered this statement:

The world may be insane, but at least its football season.

Posted by: psps23 | August 28, 2009 3:31 PM | Report abuse

How ludicrous it is to enforce a law on the books.

Whoever wrote that FoxSports article is a total nincompoop.

New York's gun registration law - which applies generally to everyone - doesn't include an exemption for wanna-be-gangsta professional football players who only shoot themselves.

Posted by: p1funk | August 28, 2009 3:45 PM | Report abuse

glawrence007, I at times post on Wizards Insider, not too much recently because it's offseason for the NBA. And offseason on WI ain't NOTHING like offseason on RI.

I just was wondering why were there posters on Wizards Insider throwing rocks at the throne, known as Redskins Insider? I was reading over there that RI posters are slackers, idiots, and some other stuff...

Now of course some of this is true. But hey what can I say? I just represent to the fullest I suppose...

Redskins Insider is the 'ish. This blog be rockin' even at 2 AM! Wizards Insider is the toilet paper -- most of their "bloggers" anyway.

"Catch up n*****"

Posted by: RedDMV | August 28, 2009 3:46 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | August 28, 2009 3:42 PM | Report abuse

I hope Fat Albert can bring some of this to the team.

After we signed him, I remember someone saying with repulsion: "Isn't that the guy who stomped on that other player's head?" (referring to the Andre Gurode incident)

My response: "At least he's got the right attitude toward the Cowboys".

Posted by: p1funk | August 28, 2009 3:48 PM | Report abuse

Don't call RedDMV a nerd, man , its just not cool..

Posted by: frak

LOL, I didn't mean to type an autobiography, but I've been waiting to get at homeboy for a minute now.

I just needed a reason. He gave, I took.

Posted by: RedDMV | August 28, 2009 3:48 PM | Report abuse

if we're on here, we're pretty nerdy. current commenter included. Barno is on his own level, tho. sho u rite.

Peaceful, my name is The AMAZING Dik Shuttle of the Fabulous ShuttleLOUNGE.

I don't use my slave name online.

Posted by: DikShuttle | August 28, 2009 3:48 PM | Report abuse

p1funk, the sentencing isn't the problem, it's the completely disproportional repercussions from state to state.

Posted by: psps23 | August 28, 2009 3:51 PM | Report abuse

...and from crime to crime.

Posted by: psps23 | August 28, 2009 3:52 PM | Report abuse

BTW RedDMV i am not positive but Michael Lee had to write a post after ET left this summer about how bigotry wont be tolerated. i could be wrong but i am pretty sure that was directed towards 2 or 3 different users, barno being one of them. I didn't know JLC had to call barno out also.

Posted by: NFeKPo | August 28, 2009 3:53 PM | Report abuse

RedDMV.....

This link explains it all....The identity of fans and football teams have been changed to protect the innocent...I wonder if they will cast JLaC-type character in it?

Posted by: 4thFloor | August 28, 2009 3:53 PM | Report abuse

"disproportional repercussions from state to state."

P1 was right, it was a dumb post.

Posted by: chrislarry | August 28, 2009 3:55 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: psps23 | August 28, 2009 3:51 PM | Report abuse

I understand that. It's a larger debate.

No reason to throw the District Attorney under the bus.

He just prosecutes folks under the laws, he doesn't come up with them, and he sure as heck has no say as to whether they are fair over/against some other state's laws.

Sorry if I reacted defensively...as someone with a legal background I'm sticking up for my guy.

I'm hearing too many people boo-hooing on behalf of Plax as if it's someone else's fault that he's gonna wear an orange jumpsuit for a couple years...it ticks me off.

Posted by: p1funk | August 28, 2009 3:56 PM | Report abuse

Heh-heh-heh.. Gonna be a "Last Wave" slop bowl, with Chase or Colt scoring in the last 5 minutes to give the Skins a victory, I predict..seems to be standard fare for a home exhibition..

Posted by: frak | August 28, 2009 3:56 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: NFeKPo | August 28, 2009 3:56 PM | Report abuse

Big Fan looks amazing by the way.

Posted by: chrislarry | August 28, 2009 3:57 PM | Report abuse

Sweet, like old times. Barn[o], redD--if'n we get periculum going on Priest Holmes, it'll truly be like an acid flashback.

Posted by: farstriker | August 28, 2009 3:58 PM | Report abuse

I always thought Ethan Thomas was the best thing about the Wizards. Thats a cerebral cat right there.

Posted by: chrislarry | August 28, 2009 3:59 PM | Report abuse

OK - take the law out of the question for just a second - if you can - (and don't compare it to anyone else)

Can you honestly say that P. Burress deserved a two year sentence for what happened? Given the fact, I believe, that he didn't have any kind of serious criminal record prior to that incident.

Posted by: JohnDinHouston | August 28, 2009 3:59 PM | Report abuse

"Um yeah thats not it either actually. Obviously NYC has different issues with guns and concealment than lets say Montana."

So? I'm betting NYC also has bigger issues with rape than Montana does, but that doesn't mean a rapist in Montana should get less time than a rapist in NYC.

Posted by: psps23 | August 28, 2009 3:59 PM | Report abuse

Ok, I realize this is the WRONG place to come for marital advice. But you kiidz have always been quick with the local info, so here goes.

Mrs. Shuttle, Bootz, is as you know, a CowPatty fan. She is in desperate need of some home-team love for preseason. Now, my first idea was to charter a bus and invite local cowpatty fans, drive to great falls and do just that - great falls... it would be one. fo sho.

Anyway - anyone know where the evol ones gather for their horde mass? This gurl needs her Cowpatty shot, pronto!

Posted by: DikShuttle | August 28, 2009 4:02 PM | Report abuse

p1funk, I can agree with your defense of the DA. No issues there.

Posted by: psps23 | August 28, 2009 4:02 PM | Report abuse

Well, RI lore has it that it was a CD, but otherwise, you get the gist of it.

Posted by: JohnDinHouston | August 28, 2009 3:37 PM

Actually....IT's fact...pure fact established by both sides...

Posted by: 4thFloor | August 28, 2009 4:03 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: JohnDinHouston | August 28, 2009 3:59 PM | Report abuse

Once again, that's a bigger debate.

My issue with the FoxSports article is the backhanded attack on the NY District Attorney.

The man did his job, and he didn't soft-hand PLax just b/c he's dumb as a rock and plays ball for a living.

It's called "equality under the law" and we shouldn't criticize our DAs for exercising it.

And your question is nonsensical:

Are you really asking whether it's fair to put someone in prison for a certain amount of time, but we CAN'T consider the law when making that determination?

Posted by: p1funk | August 28, 2009 4:05 PM | Report abuse

whoops I forgot....you are right psp23.

Posted by: chrislarry | August 28, 2009 4:05 PM | Report abuse

"MistaMoe that is too crude, regardless of whether you, yourself are black or not! It is just offensive..."

You are right, peaceful2008, that post was kinda trifling.

It ain't even funny and is not even true.

I apologize for it and will never post a rude or offensive comment again....

.....until the next time.

Posted by: MistaMoe | August 28, 2009 4:08 PM | Report abuse

Striker, I still get those from time to time. Good..errr..weird times. Think 'melting stripper' - ouch!

JohnD - not THAT much time. Maybe some probation & public service on top of a hefty fine. Without malice, though, I'm for time served. Buuut - do the crime, do the time.

psp - states rights? Oh & did you ever watch that PhoneJacker episode I posted for you way back when?

Posted by: DikShuttle | August 28, 2009 4:09 PM | Report abuse

Prosecuters are elected.....That's the problem....

They can charge him with whateva they want to. Why choose 2nd degree and not 1st? 3rd could have gotten him probation. It ain't the laws....It's the people who apply the laws....I know from experince and if you really can't speak on it unless you've been through it.....

Posted by: 4thFloor | August 28, 2009 4:12 PM | Report abuse

You ever heard the saying "the law is an ass", P1?

Mandatory sentences are absolutely ridiculous - they allow for no leeway on the part of the DA (unless they want to decrease the charge, of course, at their own discretion!)

So what you are saying is that the law is one size fits all, everyone should have the same punishment, regardless of circumstances?

Also, and that the people that make the laws are infallible, and don't make stupid laws and that those making real world decisions shouldn't have the ability to do the right thing when the law does turn out to be sufficently idiotic?

(now, as stupid as this particular crime is, I'm not sure that the right thing would have been to reduce the sentence)

In a perfect world you would be right, but it appears that you don't really know just how ugly our criminal justice system is.

Posted by: JohnDinHouston | August 28, 2009 4:14 PM | Report abuse

Did a little research on team's TD/INT thrown compared to Winning % , Pts Allowed, and Pts scored after PSPs comment about Cutler's INT impacting his team's points allowed. Some interesting numbers:
DISCLAIMER ---- The sample size for this data makes this completely unreliable(would need to look at many past seasons to get reliable results). This is just for fun...

Top 10 teams by Win%: TEN, IND, PIT, NYG, CAR, NE, BAL, MIA, ATL, MIN
Avg for top 10 --- 19.2TD(11.6INT) thrown

Top 10 teams in Pts scored: NO, SD, NYG, AZ, GB, PHI, CAR, NE, NYJ, ATL
Avg for top 10 --- 24.7TD(14.1INT) thrown

Top 10 teams in Pts Allowed: PIT, TEN, BAL, PHI, NYG, WAS, IND, NE, MIA, TB
Avg for top 10 --- 19.4TD(11.1INT) thrown

TD/INT thrown for Win% and Pts Allowed is almost identical. This is partly because 7 teams are in both of those categories.

MY BASELESS PREDICTION --- With our Running Game & Defense...
-If Jason Campbell throws 19TDs and 11INTs we will win at least 11 games. Thats all we need. 19&11. Nineteen & Eleven.
-If he throws 25TD(15INT) we'll win 13 games.
-If he throws 14TD(7INT) we'll win 8 games.

Posted by: Sheriff_Gonna_Getcha | August 28, 2009 4:14 PM | Report abuse

You ever heard the saying "the law is an ass", P1?

Posted by: JohnDinHouston | August 28, 2009 4:14 PM | Report abuse

You ever heard the saying "the law is an ass", P1?

Posted by: JohnDinHouston | August 28, 2009 4:14 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: mack1 | August 28, 2009 3:31 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: PAskinsfan17 | August 28, 2009 3:37 PM

My bad. I guess I remember the preseason blow-out because of the optimism it inspired and the soul crushing despair that followed.

Posted by: mack1 | August 28, 2009 4:15 PM | Report abuse

sorry about the triple post - I really only hit submit once

Posted by: JohnDinHouston | August 28, 2009 4:15 PM | Report abuse

There's an echo in here!

Posted by: DikShuttle | August 28, 2009 4:15 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: psps23 | August 28, 2009 3:59 PM | Report abuse

So you're saying that states should not have the right to make their own laws. We should only have national laws??? I don't think so.

Posted by: frediefritz | August 28, 2009 4:16 PM | Report abuse

I'm actually pumped up for tonite's game.

The pats left a 52-7 bad taste in my mouth and I feel like pulling Belichek's card.

I'd like to be the guy in the defensive huddle who suggests the group take names without asking questions.

I'd turn to LaRon Landry and say, "Welker says you ain't that durty."

"Show'm whatcha got!!!"

Posted by: MistaMoe | August 28, 2009 4:16 PM | Report abuse

The problem is each state is it's own individual country.....NY is a diff animal than FL and so on across the 50 states....

That's why we use to say back in the day....Keep your SJK out of VA cuz they will fry you for whateves.......

Posted by: 4thFloor | August 28, 2009 4:20 PM | Report abuse

Yea, I get the whole states' rights argument. I think it's all well and good, but only to a certain degree. There's got to be some sort of balance and consistency, regardless of where you are.

Posted by: psps23 | August 28, 2009 4:21 PM | Report abuse

You ever heard the saying "the law is an ass", P1?

Posted by: JohnDinHouston | August 28, 2009 4:14 PM | Report abuse

I'm familiar with the criminal justice system and with prosecutions and with the pros/cons of mandatory sentencing.

I went to law school and had a focus on criminal law.

My beef with your question was a philosophical one.

The reason prisons exist is because we have laws.

You seemed to be asking me to assess the "fairness" of a prison sentence, but I could not consider the law.

If I can't consider "law", then "prison" is nonsense - logically speaking.

Posted by: p1funk | August 28, 2009 4:22 PM | Report abuse

Blache should just tell fat Albert to not even worry about playing the run. Just pretend Brady smacked his mom and let him loose.

Posted by: iH8dallas | August 28, 2009 4:23 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: psps23 | August 28, 2009 4:21 PM | Report abuse

I don't know this, but I suspect that when this law was written in NY, they were having huge problems with crimes committed with guns. Most other states would not experience these problems. Maybe DC is more similar in that regard. Don't know what DC's laws are for crimes committed with a gun.

Posted by: frediefritz | August 28, 2009 4:26 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: peaceful2008 | August 28, 2009 3:37 PM

hclark1,

Posted by: peaceful2008 | August 28, 2009 3:43 PM

You wildly spinning moral compass is making me nauseous.

Posted by: mack1 | August 28, 2009 4:26 PM | Report abuse

dikshuttle

"...peaceful2008, I don't use my slave name online..."

Who is this peaceful2008 cat that he think he can bust folks for what they post?

He's hated on several posters, but doesn't have the swag to do nothing but admire the work of those of us what got skillz.

Then, his whole game is ultra p.c. with a tilt towards kindness and niceness.

Who is this guy?

Posted by: MistaMoe | August 28, 2009 4:26 PM | Report abuse

Plax is where he is now b/c he and his lawyer played hardball for months. If he had fallen on his sword last winter, take a big plea outta of the mandatory sentencing rung and been willing to serve a cosmetic 6 month sentence, possibly scheduled around FB schedule than he'd be suiting up for Giants right now collecting checks.

His lawyer balked and balked until it was to late.

But whateves, at least he can't torch us week 1!

Posted by: chrislarry | August 28, 2009 4:28 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: 4thFloor | August 28, 2009 4:20 PM | Report abuse

States make most of their own laws. Whether or not that is a "problem" depends on your POV.

Posted by: p1funk | August 28, 2009 4:29 PM | Report abuse

I post this @ 12:29PM ET:

From the Patriots, expect to see:

A plethora of personnel groupings. Unlike last week, when the Patriots’ first offense worked mostly on its four-receiver attack, this should be a game in which all groupings are utilized. Players figure to be shuffled in and out, which should provide a chance to see the Patriots’ top three running backs - Fred Taylor, Laurence Maroney, and Kevin Faulk - and how they complement each other.

- Boston Globe

----------

Good test for our defense.

Posted by: Chia_Pet | August 28, 2009 12:29 PM |

----------

A scant 59 minutes later we see this?

Redskins' Defense Prepared for 'a Real Test'

By Jason Reid | August 28, 2009; 1:30 PM ET

----------

Mister Mayor, ahemmmm....

Posted by: Chia_Pet | August 28, 2009 4:29 PM | Report abuse

Ha Mack, classic! So true...

Posted by: chrislarry | August 28, 2009 4:29 PM | Report abuse

we shoulda done that two years ago, H8r!! (hater being a good thing in your case...)

I didn't know you needed law for prisons... I thought the king could throw you in there any time he wanted...

"There's a place I knooooowwww...
Down south, Guantanamo
and if you pissed Rumsfeld off
that's where you'd have to goooooo
...down to Guantanamooo..."

"Iraqis, Iranis, eeeven some Afganis..."

...maps...

Posted by: DikShuttle | August 28, 2009 4:30 PM | Report abuse

Moe,

peaeceful2008 is the PC personality of the many multiples.

Posted by: Chia_Pet | August 28, 2009 4:33 PM | Report abuse

Always good for a laugh it's Scamp's Newradio clip of the day!

Enjoy!

Posted by: scampbell1975 | August 28, 2009 4:35 PM | Report abuse

Moe, yeah - I guess they're swinging wide. But I relish the chance to print my real user name anytime!! hehe.

Posted by: DikShuttle | August 28, 2009 4:35 PM | Report abuse

Thanks Soup75!

Posted by: DikShuttle | August 28, 2009 4:36 PM | Report abuse

cl, if you'll allow me to elaborate, plax is where he is, because he didn't have his safety on....

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | August 28, 2009 4:37 PM | Report abuse

Thanks, scamp, that's a funny one, but I was hoping to see a clip of you sitting in front of your computer, sayin' some stuff.

Posted by: Chia_Pet | August 28, 2009 4:38 PM | Report abuse

MY BASELESS PREDICTION --- With our Running Game & Defense...
-If he throws 25TD(15INT) we'll win 13 games.
-If he throws 14TD(7INT) we'll win 8 games.

Posted by: Sheriff_Gonna_Getcha | August 28, 2009

I agree, its pretty baseless

Posted by: zcezcest1 | August 28, 2009 4:38 PM | Report abuse

well yeah there is that.....

Posted by: chrislarry | August 28, 2009 4:38 PM | Report abuse

peaceful

"MistaMoe...whether you, yourself are black or not! It is just offensive."

Offensive is in the mind of the beholder.

And in my mind, a narrow preachy attitude is what's an offense to behold.

Rather than tearing us all down with your sweetness and light routine, why not entertainment us with some morally correct postings.

You are now on the clock.

Posted by: MistaMoe | August 28, 2009 4:39 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: 4thFloor | August 28, 2009 4:20 PM

This is not a problem. Each community has its own set of standards of what is acceptable. If people don't like the charges their local DA is meting out, then they can vote him out of office. Far all of you think Plax got a crappy deal, he could have taken his case to trial you know. All his lawyer would have had to do was get one sympathetic juror, which should not have been too hard judging from this room.

Posted by: learnedhand1 | August 28, 2009 4:40 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Chia_Pet | August 28, 2009 4:38 PM |

No one wants to see that.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | August 28, 2009 4:40 PM | Report abuse

I agree, its pretty baseless

Posted by: zcezcest1 | August 28, 2009 4:38 PM | Report abuse

Trent Dilfer approves!!!

Posted by: PAskinsfan17 | August 28, 2009 4:43 PM | Report abuse

chia_pet

"peaceful2008 is one of the many incarnations of hire marty s, fire jim zorn, etc..."

I've been out of the loop.

I'm not aware of the rhythm the blog has fallen into.

I'll just stick to reading the vets is all.

Thanks, bro.

Posted by: MistaMoe | August 28, 2009 4:44 PM | Report abuse

Here's what I need to see tonight...

1) A sustained drive with touchdown(s) from starting team.

2) At least two sacks from the starting D-Line...Orakpo with continued pressure.

3) A pick

if I get all those...I'm chillin' like a villian!

Posted by: rickyroge | August 28, 2009 4:45 PM | Report abuse

52-7 - wasn't that the same day Randy Thomas tore up his knee? Hopefully he has a little something extra for them today...

Posted by: ElYeah | August 28, 2009 4:46 PM | Report abuse

"Trent Dilfer approves!!!"

Today's test

Respond to the following statement:

"Both Trent Dilfer and Heath Shuler were objects of the redskins' eye during their draft process the year Shuler was eventually selected."

Is this true or false?

Posted by: MistaMoe | August 28, 2009 4:48 PM | Report abuse

Looking at the weather map we may just end up with a mud bowl and not much else. I hope marcus mason has a pair of golf cleats. He may need them tonight.

Posted by: PAskinsfan17 | August 28, 2009 4:48 PM | Report abuse

124 minutes till kick off.

Posted by: Chia_Pet | August 28, 2009 4:49 PM | Report abuse

Hammy Wynette

Posted by: _Stumped_ | August 28, 2009 4:49 PM | Report abuse

TRUE

Posted by: Chia_Pet | August 28, 2009 4:50 PM | Report abuse

rickyroge

So true.

I really want to see a regular season effort.

I bet the pats show up with one.

Posted by: MistaMoe | August 28, 2009 4:50 PM | Report abuse

What was the title of your DVD, Barno?

Posted by: RedDMV | August 28, 2009 3:32 PM

You looking for this, Red?

******************************************

Barno, I Did Not Mean To Scorn You

As for Barno, bro, I have not forgotten you, but dealing with pro athletes on something like this is not often the smoothest thing. I tried to get the DVD back - which I bought with my own money, by the way - from Chris like 3 times, each time he said he'd put it in his locker, but never had it. On Sunday - get out of town day - I asked him again and he said he's sign it and leave it at the front desk. As of Tuesday it wasn't there.

Trust me, I will get Heavy Metal Parking Lot signed and to you at some point, but if I don't have it, I don't have it. And please, no one jump all over Cooley, either. It's easy for forget stuff like that, and he means no harm to Barno, the blog or any Redskin fan. He's a super cool dude, but someone who, say, if he was your best man he'd definitely show up with the ring, but probably about 3 seconds before the procession began down the aisle.

Again, my deepest apoligies Barno. I wish it did not take this long. If it's not waiting for me next time I'm at Redskins Park I'll call his cell and see if I can pick it up from him. I understand your frustration.

By Jason La Canfora | January 3, 2007; 9:14 PM ET

Posted by: talent_evaluator | August 28, 2009 4:51 PM | Report abuse

Is Haynesworth expected to play?

Posted by: Chia_Pet | August 28, 2009 4:53 PM | Report abuse

I personally believe that U.S. Americans are unable to consider the law because, uh, some, people out there in our nation don't have maps and, uh, the prisons, and our, uh, education like such as, uh, South Africa and, uh, the Iraq, and the New York, everywhere like such as, and, I believe that they should, our law and our prisons and our education over here in the U.S. should help the U.S., uh, or, uh, should help South Africa and Florida, and the Iraq and the Asian countries, so we will be able to build up our Plaxico and, uh, the Barno...

Posted by: MsTeenSouthCarolina | August 28, 2009 4:54 PM | Report abuse

"true"

The prize goes to chia_pet.

Vanna, get your knee pads on and take care of the man.

Girl, stop complaining, you can always brush your teeth when you're done.

Posted by: MistaMoe | August 28, 2009 4:54 PM | Report abuse

Wow!

Was kind hopin' for Pat Sajak, but thanks Moe.

Posted by: Chia_Pet | August 28, 2009 4:57 PM | Report abuse

P1funk: You’re views are comical. “The law is the law”. Sad to say, this countries judicial system is majorly flawed. All Plaxico was doing was exercising his rights. The only mistake he made was not having a holster. I’m not even going to ask you where you stand politically, but you’ve made it painfully clear.

So I guess the DA was “just doing his job”. I guess you support Bloomberg for holding a press-conference for a guy who accidently shot himself. It’s all politics, my friend. I think Bloomberg has more important things to worry about. Like cops shooting other cops: http://www.newsday.com/long-island/crime/no-criminal-charges-for-nypd-officer-who-shot-fellow-cop-1.1367633

Bloomberg is just mad that he will never be able to beat the NRA, so he decided to get some face time, and denounce Plaxico. Way to go, Mr. Mayor. Maybe he should worry about his trigger happy cops.

And by the way, P1funk, have you ever heard of Harold Fish?? Google his name, and tell me what you think.

Posted by: cj658 | August 28, 2009 4:57 PM | Report abuse

Wow, Snyder fans. You don't meet many of those. In fact, I was in a sports bar and someone had stuck a picture of Dan Snyder in a urinal. After a while everyone was saying, "As soon as I finish this beer, I'm gonna go piss on Danny." There was a line for that urinal.

Posted by: diesel_skins_ | August 28, 2009 4:57 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: RedCherokee | August 28, 2009 4:59 PM | Report abuse

109 minutes...

Posted by: Chia_Pet | August 28, 2009 5:01 PM | Report abuse

176 minutes to 8 pm :)

Posted by: RedCherokee | August 28, 2009 5:04 PM | Report abuse

countries=country's

I was typing fast.

And P1funk, I am waiting with bated breath.

Posted by: cj658 | August 28, 2009 5:04 PM | Report abuse

Today's Best Headline:

"Denver marijuana panel backs $1 penalty on small amounts"

$1.00 fine for a small amount?

So what's the fine for seeds, stems, and any roaches hidden then glove box?

Posted by: MistaMoe | August 28, 2009 5:04 PM | Report abuse

What?

Kickoff is 7:30 p.m. ?

Posted by: Chia_Pet | August 28, 2009 5:05 PM | Report abuse

So what's the fine for seeds, stems, and any roaches hidden then glove box?

Posted by: MistaMoe | August 28, 2009 5:04 PM

----------

Moe, my advice to you:

Find a better hiding spot for those roaches.

Posted by: Chia_Pet | August 28, 2009 5:07 PM | Report abuse

All Plaxico was doing was exercising his rights.

Posted by: cj658 | August 28, 2009 4:57 PM | Report abuse

And you think my views are comical?

Sorry bud, I can tell by the tone of your post that you've got no real idea what my "views" are, but, for some reason, you want to pigeon-hole and pick a fight with me...not biting on the bait.

Posted by: p1funk | August 28, 2009 5:07 PM | Report abuse

and stems and seeds?

what kinda schwag you smokin'?

Posted by: Chia_Pet | August 28, 2009 5:08 PM | Report abuse

P1funk: Not trying to "pick a fight", just educate you. That's all. I hear it's pretty cold on the left side of the plane.

Posted by: cj658 | August 28, 2009 5:12 PM | Report abuse

Well then the Redskins are wrong Chia cause their site says it is at 8.

Posted by: 44riggosranger44 | August 28, 2009 5:12 PM | Report abuse

The day that the rains came down
Mother Earth smiled again
Now the lilacs could bloom
Now the fields could grow greener

The day that the rains came down
Buds were born, love was born
As the young buds will grow
So our young love will grow
Love, sweet love

A robin sang a song of love
A willow tree reached up to the heavens
Asif to thank the sky above
For all that rain, that welcome rain

We looked across the meadowland
And seemed to sense a kind of a miracle
Much too deep to understand
And there we were, so much in love

The day that the rains came down
Mountain streams swelled with pride
Gone the dry river bed
Gone the dust from the valley

The day that the rains came down
Buds were born, love was born
As the young buds will grow
So our young love will grow

Love, sweet love
Rain sweet rain

Posted by: TheCork | August 28, 2009 5:14 PM | Report abuse

Oops..you were askin...kick off is 8pm

Posted by: 44riggosranger44 | August 28, 2009 5:14 PM | Report abuse

Does anyone know if the game is broadcast in LA area?

Posted by: peaceful2008 | August 28, 2009 3:21 PM | Report abuse

It should be, it's the national game tonight. CBS should have it.

Posted by: PAskinsfan17
_____________________________

It's on here in LaLaLand...

Posted by: chasgiffen | August 28, 2009 5:15 PM | Report abuse

redcherokee

"I remember Casserly wanted Dilfer but Norv liked Shuler because he reminded him of Aikman's athleticism."

That was an interesting time.

I remember thinking that Shuler was the right fit, too.

Let's take a look at the top 10 picks from 1994:

1 Cincinnati Bengals Dan Wilkinson Defensive Tackle Ohio State
2 Indianapolis Colts Marshall Faulk Running Back San Diego State
3 Washington Redskins Heath Shuler Quarterback Tennessee
4 New England Patriots Willie McGinest Linebacker USC
5 Indianapolis Colts Trev Alberts Linebacker Nebraska
6 Tampa Bay Buccaneers Trent Dilfer Quarterback Fresno State
7 San Francisco 49ers Bryant Young Defensive Tackle Notre Dame
8 Seattle Seahawks Sam Adams Defensive Tackle Texas A&M
9 Cleveland Browns Antonio Langham Defensive Back Alabama
10 Arizona Cardinals Jamir Miller Linebacker UCLA

Thing is, the two certifiable busts from this list--Dan Wilkinson, Heath Shuler--have one thing in common: they were both Washington Redskins.

Posted by: MistaMoe | August 28, 2009 5:15 PM | Report abuse

I sure am gald I got the NFL network (sarcasm). They are kind enough to replay the Skins game at 5 am tomorrow.

Outside of that I have to listen to the game on the internet on the sportstalk 980 site

Posted by: CheyenneWY | August 28, 2009 5:16 PM | Report abuse

chia_pet

"...and stems and seeds...what kinda schwag you smokin'?"

I'd tell ya bro'...

...if I could rememba :))))))

Posted by: MistaMoe | August 28, 2009 5:18 PM | Report abuse

Cork,

That's very romantical.

Posted by: Chia_Pet | August 28, 2009 5:18 PM | Report abuse

Finally, RITCA has come back to RI! And by the way Nate, thanks for including me in the "etc" group when you were talking about FF.
Haven't posted in a long time (working for Uncle Sam, protecting you guys keeps me busy), but I've caught up reading the posts when I could.
I'm sure most of you are cooking your brats and cooling your beer for tonight. Let's hope its a good game...oh and that the 1's get a TD or two.

Posted by: RlTCA | August 28, 2009 5:19 PM | Report abuse

Whatever your views are, I respect them. You sound as if your educated, so it would be safe to say you have ample reason to think the way you do.

All I'm saying is I disagree with people like you who just assume the "law is the law". It's extremely narrow minded. And by you quoting me about Plaxico "exercising his rights", just shows how narrow-minded you really are.

Yes, he made a mistake. Guns and booze don't mix, that's the first thing they teach you in a ccw course. And yes, he should have a had a holster, that's the second thing they teach you in a ccw course. But to take a grown man (with no prior convictions) out of society for 2 years for simply carrying a pistol is pure nonsense. If it happend in VA, he would have got probation, and been on with his career. But he was in NY where "the law is the law". What a joke.

Posted by: cj658 | August 28, 2009 5:19 PM | Report abuse

I like the part about the lilacs.

Does anyone else have a favorite part of Cork's poem?

Posted by: Chia_Pet | August 28, 2009 5:20 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: cj658 | August 28, 2009 5:12 PM | Report abuse

See, that't the kind of asinine pigeon-holing that I'm talking about.

Just b/c I wasn't prepared to throw the NY DA under the bus for charging Plax under a gun registration law, you clearly have it in your mind that I'm some uber-liberal lefty.

You are sorely mistaken.

I'm happy to be "educated", and I'm happy to have my mind changed by reasonable dialogue.

I'm not happy to engage in a back-and-forth with someone who has already rushed to judgment about me are and leads a conversation by jamming me into a little box of preconceived socio-political views.

But you gotta love RI!

Ask Cork, and he'll tell you I'm a Neo=con Bushie.

Ask cj658, and I'm a dolt sitting on the "left" side of the plane.

Posted by: p1funk | August 28, 2009 5:20 PM | Report abuse

It should be, it's the national game tonight. CBS should have it.

Posted by: PAskinsfan17

You sure "BRAH" ?

Posted by: redonmyskin | August 28, 2009 5:22 PM | Report abuse

Defense? How about a sign of life from the offense, like some long sustained drives that keep the other team's offense off the field, and gives the defense a breather once in a while.

I suspect that tonight the Patriots will demonstrate to Dan Snyder what a REAL NFL football program looks like (aside from spying on other teams, of course) - not to mention what a genuine "game day" experience should be - winning.

Posted by: MillPond2 | August 28, 2009 5:26 PM | Report abuse

I just call you a dedicated skins fan, and loyal RI poster pfunk!

Politics on RI is like bacon bits in a milk shake, sorta interesting at first but then upon first sip, instantly puke-worthy.

Posted by: chrislarry | August 28, 2009 5:26 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: cj658 | August 28, 2009 5:19 PM | Report abuse

First, the law is the law. Just like cj658 is cj658. I don't know what you mean when you take a statement and put in quotes like "law is the law".

Once again, if you don't agree with the law, that is a larger debate.

Don't go after the DA. He did not make the law, he charges people under the law.

You, like alot of folks, want to have a discussion about the way one state deals with a law over/against another state. Once again, that is a larger debate, but it has precious little to do with a NY DA charing Plax under an existing law.

What is the NY DA supposed to do? Decide on the spot that he doesn;t think the law is fair b/c folks in VA would deal with it differently and let Plax walk?

Posted by: p1funk | August 28, 2009 5:28 PM | Report abuse

Moe,
How can a 13 year starter in the NFL be considered a 'certifiable bust'? You are being way too harsh on Big Daddy. There are other guys on that list who didn't have half his career.

Posted by: 44riggosranger44 | August 28, 2009 5:30 PM | Report abuse

50% chance of rain. What does that mean? Is it 50% of the region will have a 100% chance of rain? That might explain why the coin keeps coming up heads.

Posted by: bangkokben | August 28, 2009 5:37 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: p1funk | August 28, 2009 5:28 PM |

But he has discretion as to how he will be charged. In this case he charged him with second degree possession, but he could have charged him with third degree possession. If Plax could have plead guilty to third degree, then he'd have had a good shot at avoiding jail time.

Posted by: talent_evaluator | August 28, 2009 5:37 PM | Report abuse

Time to go. P1funk, I respect your views, and sometimes I like to get in little debates. I was not trying to insult you or anything like that. (although I could tell you weren't offended lol).

I guess we can agree to disagree.

Lets hope the weather holds up and the Skins can get a good game in tonight.

Posted by: cj658 | August 28, 2009 5:38 PM | Report abuse

Does anyone else have a favorite part of Cork's poem?

Posted by: Chia_Pet | August 28, 2009 5:20 PM

I like the whole thing much better when the music is behind it. As a poem it doesn't work.

Posted by: talent_evaluator | August 28, 2009 5:38 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: chrislarry | August 28, 2009 5:26 PM

My nomination for most memorable chrislarry post this week! Almost rivals Forrest Gump, only a little grosser.

Posted by: talent_evaluator | August 28, 2009 5:41 PM | Report abuse

Can someone please confirm that the game is national tonight. I asked some knuckle head "RI" loyal, but the unnamed person never answered.

Posted by: redonmyskin | August 28, 2009 5:41 PM | Report abuse

The Skins game is nationally televised this evening.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | August 28, 2009 5:43 PM | Report abuse

p1funk, ignore that guy. He's delusional. Everyone knows you're a right wing d-bag.

Posted by: mack1 | August 28, 2009 5:43 PM | Report abuse

National game...

Posted by: 44riggosranger44 | August 28, 2009 5:43 PM | Report abuse

National game...

Posted by: 44riggosranger44 | August 28, 2009 5:43 PM

Thanks buddie !

Posted by: redonmyskin | August 28, 2009 5:48 PM | Report abuse

from the previous post, gator posted a link to the 2005 draft, and here is some of what was said about Los: "Bites on double moves"

you can't make this stuff up......

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | August 28, 2009 1:44 PM

Maybe Gator can't make it up, but you make it up all the time.

Posted by: talent_evaluator | August 28, 2009 5:48 PM | Report abuse

MistaMoe--

Go to Garvin's (Is it still there?) Get up onstage and do some of that fine material you posted.

Then have someone tell us where to send the flowers.

I'm not offended because your material is an insult to African Americans.

I' offended because your material is an insult to Comedy.

Posted by: TheCork | August 28, 2009 5:51 PM | Report abuse

Cork,

That's very romantical.

Posted by: Chia_Pet

OOPS. Forgot to mention that's a song called "The day that the Rains came Down" not my own writing...

Sung by Jane Morgan before most of you were born.

Posted by: TheCork | August 28, 2009 5:54 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: talent_evaluator | August 28, 2009 5:37 PM | Report abuse

He charged him under 2nd degree b/c the facts of the investigation warranted such a charge.

Is the DA under some kind of obligation to be lenient and make it easy for Plax to walk?

How cooperative were Plax and his lawyer? Do we know if they had the opportunity to take a lesser charge but spurned it?

There are alot of things we don't know.

Bottom line is that Plax could have rejected a deal and gone to trial if he thought the plea was unfair and they had such a great case.

Posted by: p1funk | August 28, 2009 5:54 PM | Report abuse

Ask Cork, and he'll tell you I'm a Neo=con Bushie.

Posted by: p1funk |

You either flatter yourself or overestimate my memory. I have no idea what your politics are. Doesn't mean I didn't call you out, but I call out the posting, not the poster.

Posted by: TheCork | August 28, 2009 5:56 PM | Report abuse

I guess we can agree to disagree.

Lets hope the weather holds up and the Skins can get a good game in tonight.

Posted by: cj658 | August 28, 2009 5:38 PM | Report abuse

I'm not even sure what we are disagreeing about...so its all good.

Good weather and a decent game. I'll cheers to that...

Posted by: p1funk | August 28, 2009 5:58 PM | Report abuse

Beep time. I mean of course. I just posted...

Posted by: TheCork | August 28, 2009 5:58 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: mack1 | August 28, 2009 5:43 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: TheCork | August 28, 2009 5:56 PM | Report abuse

I both flatter myself, AND I overestimate your memory.

Why do you have to create a false dichotomy?

It doesn't have to be an either/or issue...

For real, Cork. You attack and name-call the poster all the time.

And next time you go on a lefty-rant toward me, I will clip and save this little post and remind you that you indeed "don't know my politics".

Posted by: p1funk | August 28, 2009 6:03 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: CheyenneWY

justintv.com, dummy, I mean, bro'..

Posted by: frak | August 28, 2009 6:04 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: mack1 | August 28, 2009 5:43 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: TheCork | August 28, 2009 5:56 PM | Report abuse

I both flatter myself, AND I overestimate your memory.

Why do you have to create a false dichotomy?

It doesn't have to be an either/or issue...

For real, Cork. You attack and name-call the poster all the time.

And mack1, if you want me to play the role of the right-wing d-bag, that's fine. I'm happy to play counter-weight to the left-wing d-baggery of others...

Posted by: p1funk | August 28, 2009 6:05 PM | Report abuse

There are alot of things we don't know.

Posted by: p1funk | August 28, 2009 5:54 PM

What we do know is that he could have been charged with 3rd degree possession. This was the prosecutor's call. And, in this case the mayor of New York had publicly intervened with the goal of seeing Plaxico be treated worse than most people:

He was railroaded with the help of the mayor of New York. The most troublesome aspect to the Burress case is the actions and words of the arrogant millionaire blowhard bully, Michael Bloomberg, who poisoned public opinion with his pleas that Burress should, in Bloombully's words, go to the slammer.

It would be an outrage, Bloombully screamed, if Burress received special treatment. Yet isn't that exactly what Burress received, governor? Wasn't he punished more harshly because of his celebrity status?

The statistics demonstrate the laws of New York aren't always evenly applied. Burress was charged with second-degree gun possession, which requires a minimum of 3½ years in jail. Yet prosecutors in your state, Mr. Paterson, commonly drop the charges to third-degree possession, which doesn't carry a minimum prison sentence.

This discretion, as several media reports and legal analysts have stated, allows prosecutors far too much leeway in deciding who is worthy of a reduced charge and who is not.

When the mayor opened his pie hole it all but forced prosecutors to go for jail time when there is compelling statistical evidence that some cases similar to Burress' have ended with defendants doing little or no jail time. Thus in many ways, Burress' celebrity status was unfairly used against him.

Posted by: talent_evaluator | August 28, 2009 6:06 PM | Report abuse

Any predictions on the game tonight ?

Posted by: redonmyskin | August 28, 2009 6:17 PM | Report abuse

Aw man...all this legal mumbo jumbo ya'll talkin'...

Two years for shooting yourself with a gun in club...

I'd have given him 6 months in jail, 3 years probation

BUT...

You know how they do they do tha' brothas!

Posted by: rickyroge | August 28, 2009 6:40 PM | Report abuse

"You know how they do they do tha' brothas!

Posted by: rickyroge "

Particularly in a hoity muthuh like Manhattan- thats where all those Wall Street muthuhs live, man, Charlie Sheen and Michael Douglas!!.."Well, judge I was drinkin' at the club and I saw these rich white boys, so I thought I'd do a little target practice, but DAMN, I promise not to get drunk in a rich neighborhood with a gun in my pocket ever again, I promise.." That said, Yeah, he should have done only 6 months, but the neighborhood, the state of NY and the example, problematic..

Posted by: frak | August 28, 2009 6:57 PM | Report abuse

Jason Campbell, there is no problem, folks.

Posted by: zcezcest1 | August 28, 2009 8:20 PM | Report abuse