Redskins Ban Twittering from Field

Zack Bolno just came into the press room to lay down the Redskins' new edict about no more Twittering from the field.

I'm not surprised this happened. Actually, I figured it would happen a few weeks ago. My guess, however, is that this isn't the end of the issue.

Stay tuned.

By Jason Reid  |  August 16, 2009; 12:52 PM ET
Categories:  Jason Reid
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Hall, Mitchell Tangle in More Intense Practice
Next: Thomas, Kelly: 'Almost Like We're Same Person'

Comments

I tweet therefore I am.

Posted by: farstriker | August 16, 2009 12:58 PM | Report abuse

Boy the Redskins are really tightening it up!

Posted by: talent_evaluator | August 16, 2009 12:58 PM | Report abuse

"Because we played only [10] plays, that's not enough to get into a rhythm," Campbell said. "I thought I made some sound decisions. I went to the fourth progression on the first play, and it feels good knowing you can get to that."

.......meanwhile,
Mark Sanchez already has the Jets playbook down, according to their reporters and looked good in the game, making QUICK reads and delivering the ball...1st pass was a 48yard pass setting up a TD drive!
Wish we had a QB that would do that, or a magic wand that would make JC do that.

Posted by: 1965skinsfan | August 16, 2009 1:00 PM | Report abuse

6-10.

Posted by: sjw1 | August 16, 2009 1:10 PM | Report abuse

4-12 if they are lucky.

Posted by: knight1977 | August 16, 2009 1:19 PM | Report abuse

And with the #1 pick in the 2010 NFL Draft the Washington Redkins pick Tim Tebow of Florida!

[Just a prediction - not a wish]

Posted by: oldnova | August 16, 2009 1:22 PM | Report abuse

How are the Redskins going to control that? Confiscate everyone's cell phone at the gate? I guess that the team's leadership is afraid the the league will find the ingredients to the secret sauce that will lead them to a spectacular 5-11 season.

Posted by: skipper7 | August 16, 2009 1:24 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: 1965skinsfan | August 16, 2009 1:00 PM | Report abuse

So what was the magic wand for our QB for the first 7 games of last year?

People talk like JC has never played well, and while he hasn't put an entire season together, a half season is enough to warrant some patience. And benefit of the doubt.

Posted by: RomoLongballs | August 16, 2009 1:27 PM | Report abuse

Oh, so the reason Tryon got beat so many times Thursday night was because he was twittering...

Posted by: RedSkinHead | August 16, 2009 1:29 PM | Report abuse

Is this tweeting by players, or by the medials?

Posted by: RomoLongballs | August 16, 2009 1:35 PM | Report abuse

Boy ... I am saddend we can't get tweets like ... " ARE takes the punt- steps left-spins right-runs backwards left -dives forward for a 3 yd return"

Posted by: cej75024 | August 16, 2009 1:55 PM | Report abuse