Redskins' head athletic trainer no longer with team

John Burrell, the Redskins' head athletic trainer, is no longer with the organization, a league source confirmed Monday night.

Larry Hess, the team's director of rehabilitation, has assumed Burrell's former duties.

The Tuesday morning reading list ...

• In Chicago, Bobby DePaul -- architect of the Jay Cutler trade, among other moves -- has been fired by the Bears. DePaul got his start with the Redskins under Richie Petitbon and Joe Gibbs. He was on the Super Bowl XXVI staff.

"He is very, very good, just a football guy," Gibbs said, according to the Chicago Tribune. "The other thing is that he is good at evaluating a player. He can tell you, and that's hard to do. There aren't a lot of people who are good at that."

• The Redskins are inevitably mentioned whenever a possible free-agent signing is debated. Today, it's Chester Taylor. Matt Bowen picks five conceivable landing spots for him.
  • In the Redskins Tailgate Zone, Matt "Bobby" McFarland asks which third-year wide receiver is more likely to have a breakout year.

By Jason Reid  |  February 16, 2010; 10:35 AM ET
Categories:  Jason Reid
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Kelly encouraged by conversation with Shanahan
Next: Larry Hess and Paul Kelly join the Redskins' staff

Comments

1st to say I am glad Mike Shannahan and I are on the same page about Malcom Kelly....

Booked almost 2 years ago....

Posted by: 4thFloor | February 16, 2010 10:56 AM | Report abuse

Zeroeth!

Posted by: DikShuttle | February 16, 2010 10:57 AM | Report abuse

ok... second...

Posted by: DikShuttle | February 16, 2010 10:59 AM | Report abuse

"In Chicago, Bobby DePaul -- architect of the Jay Cutler trade, among other moves -- has been fired by the Bears."

Tough to survive that one. Next year it will be Lovie Smith.

Posted by: Diesel44 | February 16, 2010 11:01 AM | Report abuse

I think Lovie will be gone too...

Posted by: mhartz1 | February 16, 2010 11:06 AM | Report abuse

Tough to survive that one. Next year it will be Lovie Smith.

Posted by: Diesel44 | February 16, 2010 11:01 AM | Report abuse

I wonder if Jay Cutler will get to interview the HC candidates too.

Posted by: PortisPocketsStr8 | February 16, 2010 11:07 AM | Report abuse

I just nodded, drinking my beer and he says I really hate 4th floor, Beantowngreg and Mhartz1, biggest know it alls on the whole blog...beer shot out my nose at light speed all over the dude, I laughed showed him my screen name and he left...lol

Skins fans everywhere.

Posted by: mhartz1 | February 16, 2010 10:51 AM

If true....I would say that is exactly what I am going for....

Posted by: 4thFloor | February 16, 2010 11:07 AM | Report abuse

By JReid

-------------------------------------------

Isn't this cL's boy?

Posted by: 4thFloor | February 16, 2010 11:09 AM | Report abuse

Wait - so they ditch the guy who got him, they'll prolly ditch the coarch.

...will they ditch the QB? Will Shanny pick him up?!@?

How's THAT for starting the Soup debate agian!... muuuuaaaahahahahah.shch;lchal..ahem.

...maps...

Posted by: DikShuttle | February 16, 2010 11:11 AM | Report abuse

Tough to survive that one. Next year it will be Lovie Smith.

Posted by: Diesel44 | February 16, 2010 11:01 AM | Report abuse

I wonder if Jay Cutler will get to interview the HC candidates too.

Posted by: PortisPocketsStr8 | February 16, 2010 11:07 AM

Only if Cutler turns down the job first.

Posted by: Diesel44 | February 16, 2010 11:11 AM | Report abuse

Tough to survive that one. Next year it will be Lovie Smith.

Posted by: Diesel44 | February 16, 2010 11:01 AM | Report abuse

I wonder if Jay Cutler will get to interview the HC candidates too.

Posted by: PortisPocketsStr8 | February 16, 2010 11:07 AM
------------------------------------------
I could see Greg Williams going there as a head coach - he's got to be a on a lot of teams' short list, but I don't think the Bears are ready to dump Lovie - this year.

Posted by: RedSkinHead | February 16, 2010 11:14 AM | Report abuse

If true....I would say that is exactly what I am going for....

Posted by: 4thFloor | February 16, 2010 11:07 AM |

Nice...I thought funny, but pretty inaccurate, lot of other know it alls in here that are worse...i just wish i got the guys handle. He was so serious

Posted by: mhartz1 | February 16, 2010 11:15 AM | Report abuse

so is it me, or when you utter this, do you lose all credibility:

"MistaMoe and RedDMV spit the truth and really know their football knowledge"

I mean, next he'll say that 'truth' had a personality that grew on you, or that the 'marty email' guy wasn't insane...

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | February 16, 2010 11:05 AM

Yes, but not for the reason you think...saying someone "knows their knowledge" is redundant at best, retarded at worst. I expect that from the Korean guy who learned English from Rosetta Stone, not from an RI lackey.

Posted by: brownwood26 | February 16, 2010 11:15 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: mhartz1 | February 16, 2010 11:15 AM | Report abuse

Rottfrau maybe?

Posted by: SMACK1 | February 16, 2010 11:17 AM | Report abuse

This guy was head to toe, Skins snow gear, did not even know they made it. Keeping a straight face was tough, even harder after all the hash I had that afternoon. I was in Mayrhofen, Austria for 9 days, I seeked this guy everyday after I met, did not see him once, so disappointed.

Posted by: mhartz1 | February 16, 2010 11:19 AM | Report abuse

By Jason Reid | February 16, 2010; 10:35 AM ET

Not true...I have yet to hear anyone put Julius Peppers here.

Posted by: brownwood26 | February 16, 2010 11:20 AM | Report abuse

He complained for probably 10 minutes about the bullies on RI and that is when he discussed 4th, Greg and myself...here is a guy worshipping REDDMV on the blog and pointing fingers at others for being a bully...my wife said I had this retarded look on my face the whole time the guy was talking and she is like, " who is Reddmv, mistamoe and the other strange names, are you on some gambling or AshleyMadison site..."haha.

Posted by: mhartz1 | February 16, 2010 11:22 AM | Report abuse

for note, my joy of the conversation ended when he says, "I think Colt is ready to be our starter, dont you think...he was amazing at Hawaii..."

that is when I let the hash take over...have a good week everyone, I am off to Nawlins

Posted by: mhartz1 | February 16, 2010 11:26 AM | Report abuse

Did you catch this guy's handle, Hartz?

Posted by: brownwood26 | February 16, 2010 11:30 AM | Report abuse

I'm far from a bully.

I'm more 'Deebo' than bully.

Posted by: RedDMV | February 16, 2010 11:32 AM | Report abuse

No, I asked several times, he dodged and then he left when I spit beer on him from laughing, told me I was an ass in person, much like the internet.

Posted by: mhartz1 | February 16, 2010 11:33 AM | Report abuse

I'm far from a bully.

I'm more 'Deebo' than bully.

Posted by: RedDMV | February 16, 2010 11:32 AM

Nice! Well, at least you know have some fans out there in RI.

Posted by: mhartz1 | February 16, 2010 11:35 AM | Report abuse

NIce Story.....RedDMV should feel good about himself....He has groupies...Austrian Groupies....(or Groupi)

Posted by: 4thFloor | February 16, 2010 11:36 AM | Report abuse

I'm more 'tubular bama' than bully.

fixed it for ya.......

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | February 16, 2010 11:37 AM | Report abuse

Don't make much difference who the "head athletic trainer" is, so long as the Redskins have such a mush-brained maroon (JC17) taking the snaps and allegedly trying to execute the plays.

Posted by: Vic1 | February 16, 2010 11:37 AM | Report abuse

I just had an idea, supposedly the Eagles are willing to trade McNabb but according to Sal Pal they want at least a 1st rounder for him. We're switching to a 3-4 where Albert doesn't really have a true home and may or may not be a fan. What about trading, Haynesworth, Campbell, and a 2011 3rd rounder for McNabb. Then sign a NT and a Guard in FA and draft bookend tackles 1 and 2, draft another big fat NT in the 4th, and LBs late to fill out the new scheme. We get a Pro Bowl QB who fits Shanny's system perfectly and has easily 3 to 5 years of good football left in him. We can start looking for the QB to groom next year, we rebuild the oline with bookend tackles immediately while still fixing the QB problem. Essentially you're giving up JC who if you have Mcnabb is useless anyway, and Albert who is a nice player but IMO not worth what we paid him and is a potential problem if he once again doesn't like the system he's in. Philly's biggest issue is they are too small on the Dline and don't hold up against the run, they want Kolb to be the starter but would still need a reliable backup if they trade Mcnabb. So boom, they fill their biggest need on defense, another need with a 50 start backup QB, and they get a 3rd rounder next year.

This is just off-the-wall spitballing but thoughts?

Posted by: zjfr2 | February 16, 2010 11:39 AM | Report abuse

I'd want to get more than that for Stompy. Besides, why would they want to eat his contract?

I do see McNabb headed elsewhere perhaps.

Posted by: DikShuttle | February 16, 2010 11:44 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: zjfr2 | February 16, 2010 11:39 AM

Do you really want to go against Big Al twice a year for the next 5 years? A motivated Big Al can cause a lot of problems.

Posted by: TWISI | February 16, 2010 11:47 AM | Report abuse

I do see McNabb headed elsewhere perhaps.

Posted by: DikShuttle | February 16, 2010 11:44 AM | Report abuse

Because there will be no cap so it doesn't matter what his figure is, and we've already paid the signing bonus. They need a major upgrade on their dline and they know it after watching Dallas run all over them the last two games of the year. I know its not reality and won't happen, just a fun idea.

Posted by: zjfr2 | February 16, 2010 11:48 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: brownwood26 | February 16, 2010 11:15 AM

If you are refering to me, I think as a second laguage my english is pretty good. But when it comes to the redskins I'm consider myself an expert. Madden 2010 PS3?

Posted by: sthai75 | February 16, 2010 11:49 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: TWISI | February 16, 2010 11:47 AM | Report abuse

Its not going to happen so obviously this is a hypothetical. But would I trade 1 big Al for a rebuilt oline and a pro bowl qb? Absolutely!

Posted by: zjfr2 | February 16, 2010 11:51 AM | Report abuse

What about trading, Haynesworth, Campbell, and a 2011 3rd rounder for McNabb.

This is just off-the-wall spitballing but thoughts?

Posted by: zjfr2 | February 16, 2010 11:39 AM

You're better than that.

Posted by: Diesel44 | February 16, 2010 11:57 AM | Report abuse

No to McNabb. McNabb = heartache and frustration. I hope he finishes his career in Philly

Posted by: coparker5 | February 16, 2010 12:03 PM | Report abuse

"MistaMoe and RedDMV spit the truth and really know their football knowledge"

What's this?

I choose to take a day off of posting to just read posts for some giggles, and my name pops up.

It's the middle of Black History Month, and y'all can't leave a brotha alone.

Thank god it's just 28 days.

Posted by: MistaMoe | February 16, 2010 12:05 PM | Report abuse

zjfr2,
Why get rid of Haynesworth? Haslett is going to work his butt into football shape and he will be a monster in 2010. Yes, I have read Haynesworth's grumblings about playing in a 3-4, but the guy knows where the money comes from. He'll play - end, tackle - whever they want to play him and I am betting they will cut his umbilical cord with the media before long, too.

And, the team should not be trading any picks for players. They need to get younger and trading draft picks away for thirty something QB's is not going to get them any younger. Shanahan and Allen can build through the draft, and they have a coaching staff that will be able to develop players.

Just say no to McNabb.

Posted by: RedSkinHead | February 16, 2010 12:07 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: coparker5 | February 16, 2010 12:03 PM |

McNabb= Cockmouthed Bama

Posted by: scampbell1975 | February 16, 2010 12:09 PM | Report abuse

Thank god it's just 28 days.

Posted by: MistaMoe | February 16, 2010 12:05 PM

We's a granted one more day dis year...

Posted by: 4thFloor | February 16, 2010 12:15 PM | Report abuse

We's a granted one more day dis year...

Hey, I didn't know that Jar Jar Binks was on the board.

Posted by: daggar | February 16, 2010 12:20 PM | Report abuse

4th, sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings, but it looks like The Man continues to crack down on you's... my (potentially racist) calendar only shows 28 days in February 2010.

Posted by: NateinthePDX | February 16, 2010 12:27 PM | Report abuse

I rarely post here, but please please please say no to McNabb. We're trying to rebuild here and getting another older player is absolutely not what we need. It reeks of the win now garbage this franchise has peddled to us for over a decade. Let's build a team with players that we think are going to peak in the future, rather than continue to acquire players who peaked in the past.

Posted by: manifested | February 16, 2010 12:33 PM | Report abuse

I live in the Philly area. Eagle fans want to dump McNabb so bad.

Posted by: skinfanman | February 16, 2010 12:34 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: NateinthePDX

Ah, THE MAN giveth and takes it away.....

Posted by: dcwun | February 16, 2010 12:40 PM | Report abuse

This isn't the year???

My bio-clock is all off.......

Posted by: 4thFloor | February 16, 2010 12:42 PM | Report abuse

I was in the year 2000 for a moment....I am back to the present now...

Posted by: 4thFloor | February 16, 2010 12:45 PM | Report abuse

A month for Blacks?

Ha. Go figure...

Signed,
"The Super-Duper Magical Negro"

Posted by: RedDMV | February 16, 2010 12:47 PM | Report abuse

Think that is all I'm saying.. maybe. But we will never know until gets a shot. And just to clear something up.. his rookie year he was great (and yes he played against 3rd string.. but he also played with 3rd string players meaning he had the OL that couldn't beat out the OL who was backup to the crappy OL the Skins had. And he wasn't throwing to Moss and Cooley he was thowing it to guys you are loading selves at Walmart now.) These are his stats... "Brennan led all 2008 NFL rookies in touchdown passes, passing yards and quarterback rating through the preseason .[22] He finished the 2008 preseason with a strong performance, going 36-for-53, for 411 yards and three touchdowns and with no interceptions. For the preseason, Brennan's completion percentage was 67.9% and his quarterback rating was 109.9." NOT freakin bad. And yeah last year he wasn't as good but last year he was hurt in the first preseason game so hard to judge. Everything else "mechanical issues" comes with practicing and playing. Hey Ryan, Flacco, Sanchez.. these guys weren't at their best when they started.. and neither will be Colt. But they won and they got good fast.. and so could Colt...

Posted by: sovine08 | February 16, 2010 11:47 AM

Our difference is that I don't see Colt as a starter anytime soon. In 2008, Colt got to run a limited amount of the playbook during the preseason. He did fine, we can both agree there it was a good sign. In 2009, Colt got to run more of the playbook, he struggled, particularly with his mental prep (i.e. wrong reads, poor decisions). That has nothing to do with his injury; Colt didn't step up his game. In fact I thought he was the 4th best QB in preseason last year. A year away from football most likely means that Colt is going to regress this offseason, not improve. Colt isn't as talented as Ryan, Flacco, Sanchez, for him to get good he's going to have to work harder during the offseason and stay healthy.

Posted by: TWISI | February 16, 2010 12:50 PM | Report abuse

Signed,
"The Super-Duper Magical Negro"

Posted by: RedDMV | February 16, 2010 12:47 PM | Report abuse
---------------------------

AKA Negrodamus?

Posted by: mattsoundworld | February 16, 2010 12:52 PM | Report abuse

manifested, don't worry, on the scale of ideas floated up here, trading for McNabb has to be somewhere between "flat-out unlikely to happen" and "virtually impossible."

I can understand why people would enjoy spinning that scenario, because as with just about anything you can make it sound plausible on both sides ("But Shanahan won two titles with a QB who was old and had already lost in the SB... he'd probably LOVE doing it again with Donovan!", but I just don't see it happening...

Posted by: NateinthePDX | February 16, 2010 12:54 PM | Report abuse

And Jack did caveat the posting with "This is just off-the-wall spitballing...", which is a clear differentiation from the majority of incisive analysis from Up Here that seems to go straight to the GM's inbox.

Posted by: daggar | February 16, 2010 1:04 PM | Report abuse

4th, I'm guessing you're heads-down in a mountain of tax paperwork and laser-focused on that looming deadline in April, not the days between now and then.

Posted by: NateinthePDX | February 16, 2010 1:08 PM | Report abuse

Righto, cload, I should have noted the "spitballing" line which Jack so kindly inserted.

Just spitballing here, but I would be furious if the Skins used their top pick on a quarterback.

Posted by: NateinthePDX | February 16, 2010 1:11 PM | Report abuse

Weather or whether?

It's a balmy 67 degrees, clear skies, with a light wind here in Palm Beach County.

I have a visit with my urologist today, and I intend to bring my own lubricating material for the specific exam I am to undergo in his offices.

The guy has got fingers that are as long as an NBA player's foot, and the last time I had an exam, he tickled the back of my throat while making sure my prostate wasn't swollen.

You enjoy the weather where you are.

I'll wonder whether or not if I need to put off the pseudo homo-erotic prostate exam that'll ruin my beautiful day.

Posted by: MistaMoe | February 16, 2010 1:12 PM | Report abuse

Fans always think the grass is greener with someone else's QB. mcnabb is 33, he has maybe 5 more years in him and philly would be foolish to let him go.

Posted by: zcezcest1 | February 16, 2010 1:13 PM | Report abuse

moe, hope all checks out ok, but I do hope that he forgets to take his class ring off for the exam....

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | February 16, 2010 1:15 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: MistaMoe

And yet, where your doc will be going, the sun won't be shining

Posted by: zcezcest1 | February 16, 2010 1:15 PM | Report abuse

I wish this was one of Bean's fake PFT posts but it isn't:

Report: Redskins interested in Leonard Little
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on February 16, 2010 1:03 PM ET
Defensive end Leonard Little hasn't decided yet if he'll play in 2010. If he does, Little won't struggle to find a job offer as an unrestricted free agent.

Little has played his entire career in St. Louis, but he's familiar with Haslett's system after playing under him from 2006-2008. It's a logical fit. Washington needs pass rushers, has money, and Mike Shanahan hasn't shied away from picking up veteran free agents in the past.

The Rams have also let Little know they would like to keep him if he chooses to play in 2010. It sounds like he'll also have the option to play elsewhere.

Posted by: zjfr2 | February 16, 2010 1:19 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: MistaMoe

And yet, where your doc will be going, the sun won't be shining

Posted by: zcezcest1 | February 16, 2010 1:15 PM | Report abuse

But still a chance of light wind

Posted by: skinsfanintampa | February 16, 2010 1:22 PM | Report abuse

thats it, 3rd time's the charm, no more PFT posts from me....

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | February 16, 2010 1:24 PM | Report abuse

As far as trading Campbell, I just don't see anyone willing to make a reasonable deal. The best thing for Campbell and the Redskins would be to re-sign him for one year. This gives Campbell an opportunity to shine, and it gives Shanahan the opportunity to pull the plug on the guy at his leisure. If the team gets a QB in the draft, then re-signing Campbell takes the pressure off the young kid to step into a starting role.............

Posted by: RedSkinHead | February 16, 2010 12:07 PM
=========================================
If a threat to Campbell's job is brought in (decent QB from the Draft).. Will JC scream "trade me" again like he did last March when the effort to get Sanchez almost materialized?
That response by Campbell to the Sanchez interest last year also shows in his play. A total lack of confidence.

Posted by: SkinsneedaGM | February 16, 2010 1:27 PM | Report abuse

On Grimm eating... HOT
On Chi-Bobby getting the Axe... shocked... NOT
On Free Agent bonanza...I hope old Snyder will ROT
On the WR's and TE... I hope they score ALOT

Posted by: alex35332 | February 16, 2010 1:28 PM | Report abuse

LOL to all.

Thing is, 3 relatives of mine have all died from prostate cancer.

And I know this isn't the forum for it, but you guys who've just turned 40 have to buckle up, and get yourself checked out once a year.

I do it not for myself, but because I want to be around to make sure I'm a complete azzhole father-in-law to whomever my daughters marry.

And I want to make sure I'm there for mrsmoe when she loses her teeth to old age.

Then, I plan to be gummed to death.

Posted by: MistaMoe | February 16, 2010 1:28 PM | Report abuse

moe, you're all right in my book, turned fahty last month...doc already said I've got at least 2 years before we get to know each other better......

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | February 16, 2010 1:31 PM | Report abuse

"Brian Stull of ESPN 101 in St. Louis reports that Redskins defensive coordinator Jim Haslett has "let it be known" he believes Little could still be very productive if used correctly."

If L Little comes on board, does it effect J Jarmon, R Jackson, C Wilson, or P Daniels?

Posted by: MistaMoe | February 16, 2010 1:36 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: zjfr2 | February 16, 2010 1:19 PM | Report abuse

Would Little play DE in a 3-4 or LB? Having a veteran familiar with the scheme for a year or two would be a good thing in my book as long as we don't expect him to make a huge impact at his age. Could groom the younger talent at his position though.

Posted by: DCinSD | February 16, 2010 1:37 PM | Report abuse

I wish this was one of Bean's fake PFT posts but it isn't:

Report: Redskins interested in Leonard Little

Posted by: zjfr2 | February 16, 2010 1:19 PM |

Yah. This just made me laugh. So, the FA positioning finally begins. Who knows what it's really about.

Posted by: SonofNero | February 16, 2010 1:40 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: MistaMoe | February 16, 2010 1:36 PM

No....Renaldo Wynn? Yes...

Little is like 34 years old....

Posted by: 4thFloor | February 16, 2010 1:41 PM | Report abuse

Don't we have a ton of DE's right now?

Posted by: alex35332 | February 16, 2010 1:41 PM | Report abuse

Just spitballin' but what do you think about this?

CUT

-Kedrick Golston
-Anthony Montgomery

TRADE FOR DRAFT PICKS
-Moss
-Carter

SIGN
-Chester Taylor (productive back with low mileage)
-Casey Hampton (this would free AH for an end position in the 3-4)
-Karlos Dansby
-Chris Kuper (Zone blocking center who played for Shanny)
-Rex Grossman (experience in Shanny offense)
-Domenik Hixon (he was drafted by Shanny)

Posted by: RedSkinHead | February 16, 2010 1:43 PM | Report abuse

But alex, if Haslett installs a 7-1 defensive front we won't have enough DEs... gotta keep that in mind. We just don't know right now.

Posted by: NateinthePDX | February 16, 2010 1:44 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: NateinthePDX | February 16, 2010 1:08 PM

One problem with this. The people who he scheduled to receive their completed tax work on February 29th will have to wait two years. This could lead to heavy penalties.

However, if 4th is doing my taxes I expect a refund big enough to buy a new car. It's just that my car will be a 2012 model, not a 2010.

Posted by: League-Source | February 16, 2010 1:45 PM | Report abuse

"Report: Redskins interested in Leonard Little"

If Haslett and Shanahan both bring in cast offs form their old teams (rams/broncos), is that a good thing?

We made out like bandits when Grilliams brought Fletcher in from the bills where he was coach.

You have to wonder what pieces from their old haunts will Haslett and Shanny bring in to 'make their system work.'

Posted by: MistaMoe | February 16, 2010 1:45 PM | Report abuse

Great point, L-S.

Not to make too obvious a MistaMoe follow-up joke, but things get even more complicated when you see that there's a full moon on February 28.

Posted by: NateinthePDX | February 16, 2010 1:48 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: NateinthePDX | February 16, 2010 1:08 PM

That plus a new born and 'terrible 2' child at home...plus all the snow and shoveling....has me delirous

Posted by: 4thFloor | February 16, 2010 1:53 PM | Report abuse

Well looking at how the team played last year I thought we played the 7-1

Posted by: alex35332 | February 16, 2010 2:02 PM | Report abuse

"Don't we have a ton of DE's right now?"

Actually, what we have is a ton 'o Haynesworth.

Posted by: MistaMoe | February 16, 2010 2:04 PM | Report abuse

That Leonard Little story is bogus and possibly floated by his agent. They don't even attribute a source, anon or otherwise, to the story. I htink it is just sports talk jibba jabba in St. Louis....

Posted by: 4thFloor | February 16, 2010 2:05 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: MistaMoe | February 16, 2010 1:28 PM | Report abuse

Still 6 years out from 40, but have already been Dr. Jellyfingered 4 times. Thank you Military!!!

How does a ruptured disk turns into 4 anal excavations, I havent a clue.

Posted by: gatorskinz2000 | February 16, 2010 2:09 PM | Report abuse

"Don't we have a ton of DE's right now?"
Actually, what we have is a ton 'o Haynesworth.
Posted by: MistaMoe | February 16, 2010 2:04 PM | Report abuse

This had me thinking for a sec. the team is actually now 72 lb's under a ton at the DE spot.

Posted by: alex35332 | February 16, 2010 2:11 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: TWISI | February 16, 2010 2:18 PM | Report abuse

Don't worry Redskinhead - Dansby will be coming here.

Posted by: Rypien11 | February 16, 2010 2:22 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: alex35332 | February 16, 2010 2:22 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: TWISI | February 16, 2010 2:18 PM

I'm convinced Bradford won't be there at the #4 pick....Either the Rams will pluck him or TAmpa Bay will trade the #3 pick to a potential suitor.....

Posted by: 4thFloor | February 16, 2010 2:29 PM | Report abuse

"Should the Skins trade their no 4 pick for the Rams 2nd 3rd 4th and 5th pick? I say yes!"

Sounds like a plan.

Posted by: MistaMoe | February 16, 2010 2:34 PM | Report abuse

Then, I plan to be gummed to death.

Posted by: MistaMoe |

Moe -- reminds me of a movie I saw where people were indeed, happily gummed to death. It was my very first porn flick, Gums was the title, a spoof of Jaws.

Posted by: zcezcest1 | February 16, 2010 2:34 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: alex35332 |

Why in the hell would this happen? Because the value chart says its even?

You think a 1-15 team wants to give up 3 draft picks just to have two top 4 picks?

Sigh...

Posted by: Rypien11 | February 16, 2010 2:38 PM | Report abuse

Sigh...
Posted by: Rypien11 | February 16, 2010 2:38 PM | Report abuse

Sure they would, first year owner, as they do in prison, time to **** the nube. I did not look at the "chart" for that one.

Posted by: alex35332 | February 16, 2010 2:42 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: TWISI | February 16, 2010 2:18 PM

Posted by: 4thFloor | February 16, 2010 2:29 PM
=========================================
anyone know the answer to this...
Is Bradford required to get a physical on his shoulder, that is available to the teams, before the Draft?

Posted by: SkinsneedaGM | February 16, 2010 2:46 PM | Report abuse

The Raiders re-sign their kicker ... for the $$ they paid -- see the link. And read the comments, they're pretty funny.

Posted by: zcezcest1 | February 16, 2010 2:49 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: 4thFloor | February 16, 2010 2:29 PM
=========================================
anyone know the answer to this...

Posted by: SkinsneedaGM | February 16, 2010 2:46 PM

I see this being a fact if ONLY his shoulder is good.

Ofcourse his doctor happens to be the Redskins Team doctor, see we will know it all (HIPAA is relevant, but Millions of dollars supercedes any HIPPA laws)...

If Tampa Holds up #3 for ransom if a QB was not selected, then we may or may not be in that bidding if Shanny really wants him....

Posted by: 4thFloor | February 16, 2010 3:05 PM | Report abuse