Redskins say locker room remains united

Defensive end Andre Carter recently said there was no potential for division to develop in the Redskins' locker room over the fact that the defense has mostly performed well and the offense has struggled. Wide receiver Santana Moss agreed.

"We're not that kind of team," Moss said. "I feel that every weekend we go out there with the intent to win, still with a 3-7 record. We go out there knowing that we're just a play here and there, a drive here and there, from being better than that opponent. I think the past three weeks we've really been coming together, and playing decently.

"Decent as in not where we want to be, but it's better than what we were before. And all you can do is build off of that. I feel very confident in just knowing that I feel like we have something in mind that we know we can do. And I think we can build on to it and just add more to what we got going, and get some more wins."

By Jason Reid  |  November 26, 2009; 2:00 PM ET
Categories:  Jason Reid
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Hall, Haynesworth remain questionable
Next: Eagles' defense presents a challenge for Redskins

Comments

The loss at Dallas pretty much ends any hope for this season.

Posted by: abxinc | November 26, 2009 2:25 PM | Report abuse

Must be a slow news day for this article.

Posted by: juanpickett1 | November 26, 2009 2:29 PM | Report abuse

Must be a slow news day for this article.

Posted by: juanpickett1 | November 26, 2009 2:29 PM | Report abuse

WHO CARES ANYMORE....HERE'S TO 2010 AND A LESS "PASSIVE" OFFENSE

Posted by: kingpenn1 | November 26, 2009 4:41 PM | Report abuse

Even the Raiders make us look good. Unfortunatly the Raiders that showed up to beat the Bengals and Eagles will probably show up to play us. Trade our top 5 pick for a late 1st and early second and work on our OL. Trade Davis or Cooley for another OL or 2nd round pick.

Posted by: vegasskinsfan | November 26, 2009 5:27 PM | Report abuse

Maybe it's that Field Goal Post.... Folk's kick "doinks" off of it for a missed FG....

I will say that the Cowboy Stadium is 1st Class... It is the 1st time that I have ever got inside a stadium when the gates opened... ( except when I was a kid )

Can't wait to see what The Danny comes up with when he knocks down RFK!

CLEGG

Posted by: michael_b_clegg | November 26, 2009 5:28 PM | Report abuse

Redskins say locker room remains united

By Jason Reid | November 26, 2009; 2:00 PM ET

If Jasno had been writing this it would have said "Redskins say locker room remains untied."

Posted by: League-Source | November 26, 2009 6:55 PM | Report abuse

Happy Thanksgivin', sports fans, mac-mac-mack.And especially to Abe Pollin and injured Redskins...And other residual pagan events, ar-ar-ar..Nike "Pro Combat": SUPERSIZE IT!! heh-heh-heh..BBC is reportin' Obama will announce 30,000 troop increase Tuesday for Afghani War...One of these days I'm goin' to get organiz-izized..The dope fields will facilitate gangsta takeover of America, The Warmachine bankstas feed the CIA feed the mobs feed the street gangs feed further Warmachine control of America (what, the guys caught hauling off vote boxes from last years NH Primary were straight Vinnies-no offense , Vinnie..) ..Anyways, go kill them sand *****s, Support Bombs Not Food, and Happy Global Warming and Shopping...peaceout..

Posted by: frak | November 26, 2009 8:34 PM | Report abuse

"Can't wait to see what The Danny comes up with when he knocks down FEDEX Field"

I've seen the plans for the new Redskin Stadium.

It's designed in the manner to reflect how the team has been run.

A contractor was hired to build what the architect hadn't yet designed.

The FO decided to forgo a solid foundation as none of the materials needed seemed as good as loose sand and marbles.

"I've put together a playoff ready facility," the lead designer bragged.

Posted by: MistaMoe | November 26, 2009 8:40 PM | Report abuse

Redskin Fans are united too. Join 14,000 of them on Facebook at Redskin Fans Against Dan Snyder. Walkout after the National Anthem at the Dallas game.

Posted by: jburnetti | November 26, 2009 8:51 PM | Report abuse

United in medicrity... fan-freakin'-tastic.

Good gravy, what a terrific day, though!

Posted by: NateinthePDX | November 26, 2009 9:01 PM | Report abuse

Thanksgiving Day Football is supposed to be an opportunity to 'showcase' the league?

Once again, the games are so bad they make Masterpiece Theatre out of C-SPAN by comparison.

Let's use a 'flex' schedule to decide who plays on Turkey Day.

Or: a rematch of NFC/AFC Championship teams.

Today's games would've been:

Iggles v. Cards

Stillers v. Chargers

Posted by: MistaMoe | November 26, 2009 9:51 PM | Report abuse

Moe -

Those Championship rematches on Turkey day are the best solution I've heard yet. That would be awesome.

Posted by: edvar | November 26, 2009 10:17 PM | Report abuse

I kinda like seeing the Broncos roughing up the Gints!

Posted by: Vicc | November 26, 2009 10:42 PM | Report abuse

"I kinda like seeing the Broncos roughing up the Gints!"

I makes me really appreciate the win from two weeks ago at Fedex Field.

Yes: Orton got hurt.

Posted by: MistaMoe | November 26, 2009 11:02 PM | Report abuse

Today's Best Headline:

"NFL Network Accidentally Airs Coach's Curse Words"

DENVER (AP) -- The NFL Network accidentally aired a vulgarity yelled by Denver Broncos coach Josh McDaniels as he chastised his players on the sideline of their Thanksgiving night game against the New York Giants.

"...the NFL Network showed a clip of McDaniels, who yelled at his players: ''We're trying to win the (expletive) game!''

Posted by: MistaMoe | November 26, 2009 11:09 PM | Report abuse

"...But if the jints are supposed to be better than the skins, shouldn't they be opening a can of whup-azz on the broncos?"

That type of reasoning works very well in intermediate and, up to, high school sports.

But the effects of gambling on NFL and College Football games have made it tough to predict wins on a weekly basis.

`
Saw that vid-clip of McDaniels fiery speech. LoL.

Posted by: Vicc | November 26, 2009 11:28 PM | Report abuse

Brandon Marshall is elite!

Posted by: Vicc | November 26, 2009 11:31 PM | Report abuse

I've seen a few Gints games this year and I'm not sure their secondary can cover large explosive receivers.

DT11 is slowly improving, ' Naw Mean?

Posted by: Vicc | November 26, 2009 11:38 PM | Report abuse

Dear Jason Reid, whoever you are or wherever you are....I am going to impart something to you now about the outcome of the redskins and where the franchisewill most likely be in about 7-8 weeks. I'm going to be the first to say that I think that Zorn..YES JIM ZORN, AS WELL AS JASON CAMPBELL, HAVE A BETTER CHANCE AT THIS POINT OF STAYING WITH THE REDSKINS THEN VINNY , I THINK WHAT SNYDER WILL DO IS GO FIND A GM OR VP TYPE WHO WILL INVESTIGATE THE MAKEUP OF THE TEAM, IT'S DRAFTING HISTORY AND ALL THE FACTORS THAT HAVE COME INTO THIS YEARS TEAM....IF CERATO LEAVES A LEGACY TO THE REDSKINS...IT JUST MAY BE ZORN. I DON'T THINK ANY OF THE COACHES HAVE THE PLAYERS THEY NEED...ON OFFENSE. THAT IS......VINNY IS NO DUMMY, I JUST DON'T THINK THE DYNAMIC HAS EVER BEEN CONDUSIVE TO BREED WINNING, I ATTRIBUTE THAT TO SNYDER, BUT AT THIS JUNCTURE WITH THE FAN OUTRAGE AND TURBULANCE PEOPLE HAVE TOWARDS SNYDER FOR HIS MEDDLING....HE HAS TO MAKE SOME KIND OF CHANGE....AT THIS POINT I THINK THAT ZORN MIGHT SURVIVE THE STORM....HERE IS WHY...A. HE'S A GOOD COACH, B. HE'S PROVEN HE CAN WIN WITH A GOOD NUCLEUS OF PLAYERS. C. HIS TENURE HERE SHOULD BE VIEWED AS A REBUILDING PROJECT....HE JUST NEEDS THE PROPER GM IN PLACE, IRONICLY, VINNY COULD HAVE BUILT THIS TEAM INTO A WINNER, BUT THE DYNAMIC HE'S HAD WITH SNYDER HAS BEEN NON CONDUSIVE TO FOOTBALL WINS, WHICH IT'S ALL ABOUT....CALL ME NUTS, THE REDSKINS ARE CLOSE....THEY HAVE THE QB. THEY HAVE THE DEFENSE...THAT'S A GOOD START...THEY HAVE THE TIOGHT ENDS, THEY HAVE THE RECEIVERS...IF CAMPBELL GETS PROTECTION....BLOWING IT UP...JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE YET.....THEY NEED A KEEN EYE FOR TALENT THAT WILL JETESON THE TEAM IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION, A COACH WHO IS WORKING IN LIU TO A GM WHO KNOWS HOW TO RUN A TEAM.....IT COULD BE ON THE HORIZON...VERY, VERY SOON....ANY GM THAT COMES IN HERE IS GOING TO CRINGE AT THE IDEA OF TRADING CAMPBELL......I THINK HE STAYS.....ZORN MIGHT STAY...WATCH.....REMEMBER ME.

Posted by: ghostrider505 | November 27, 2009 12:16 AM | Report abuse

Rodgers gets pummeled week in and week out and continues to put up W's. I don't get how this Skins team can continue to stay united by "deer caught in the headlights" Campbell.

This team will continue to lose with this QB!

Posted by: jsmith33351 | November 27, 2009 12:19 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: jburnetti |

I bow to no one in my dislike of how danny and Cerrato have driven th Redskin franchise into the dirt.

That said, this may be the worst protest idea anyone has come up with. You are asking fans to drive all the way out to the stadium, pay for parking, go into the stadium, then walk out and figure how to get home in time to see a game against arch rivals?

Sounds like an idea Cerrato would come up with, but don't mind me I'm up to my whithers in Tryptephan.

Posted by: TheCork | November 27, 2009 1:15 AM | Report abuse

The main reason that TheCork bows to no one is that it's too much effort to get out of his scooter just to bow. He only leaves the scooter to go potty.

But, he's got this right. Why cut off your nose to spite your face when you can cut off your head to spite your body?

If it were to happen this way, what would Snyder conclude? "These are the dumbest people on earth. I can make money off this bunch! They'll buy tickets for games they don't even watch. I don't even need a football team." He would start by charging a fee for leaving the parking lot before the game ended.

Posted by: League-Source | November 27, 2009 7:01 AM | Report abuse

J Reid: "Redskins say locker room remains united".

Hey, no reason to have dissent, disruption or disharmony. No one hassles you about not having a disciplined, focused attitude. Everyone is "free to be me", to find their inner self and come to love and cherish it for what it is and allow others to do likewise. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Posted by: ElDrano | November 27, 2009 12:49 PM | Report abuse