Rinehart, Montgomery in 'ongoing battle'

Chad Rinehart and Will Montgomery are battling again to start at right guard, though it probably doesn't matter which of them is on the first team.

The reality is that neither player has impressed, said league sources who have reviewed tape of the Redskins, and the offensive line is in disarray. With Stephon Heyer (ankle) possibly sidelined, the Redskins could have a starting line of new left tackle Levi Jones, left guard Derrick Dockery, center Casey Rabach, Rinehart/Montgomery at right guard and D'Anthony Batiste at right tackle.

"That's a battle. That's kind of an ongoing battle," Coach Jim Zorn said of the Rinehart-Montgomery battle. "We're trying to get him [Rinehart] more involved. We're kind of running out ... our ranks are running thin.

By Jason Reid  |  November 12, 2009; 4:21 PM ET
Categories:  Jason Reid
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Portis officially ruled out; Smith may go on IR (updated)
Next: Zorn on the Broncos' defense

Comments

UNO

Posted by: Forrest6 | November 12, 2009 4:27 PM | Report abuse

UNO

Posted by: Forrest6 | November 12, 2009 4:28 PM | Report abuse

So where the hell are all those homers crowing about Snyder's (excuse me, Cerrato's) draft last year? After a year of coaching, Rinehart can't crack the lineup on the worst offensive line in organized football.

Posted by: diesel_skins_ | November 12, 2009 4:28 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: diesel_skins_ | November 12, 2009 4:28 PM | Report abuse

your ranks were always thin, or didn't you realize that, Coach Zorn?

Posted by: zcezcest1 | November 12, 2009 4:29 PM | Report abuse

Zorn really has a knack for saying stupid things. Is there like a Dan Quayle aware for something like that? I mean he says he's going to punt his punter this week. Last week, he said he wasn't going to put him down quite yet. There's always the maroon and black comment, and then the unforgettable "stay medium". It's no wonder he can't motivate his team - they probably can't understand what he's saying most of the time...

Posted by: RedSkinHead | November 12, 2009 4:28 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: RedSkinHead | November 12, 2009 4:29 PM | Report abuse

that would be dos...

Posted by: Curzon417 | November 12, 2009 4:29 PM | Report abuse

players take their cues from their coach's, and when the coach can't make a decision to save his own hide, it trickles down to them....name a starter, and just GO with it....enough of being so wishy-washy, golly gee...wtf...

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | November 12, 2009 4:29 PM | Report abuse

Mr. Rhinehart, have you ever heard of a company named Balco products? They can make a better lineman out of you in just one offeseason...

Posted by: RedSkinHead | November 12, 2009 4:31 PM | Report abuse

"Don't forget the game for the Falcons where he got 60 yards of personal fouls called on himself on one play for running his mouth and taunting."

I mentioned this. This was when the Falcons were playing the Panthers and Steve Smith was being Steve Smith -- a straight up a-hole.

"And don't forget his stellar VT career with lots of similar personal fouls and ejections."

And while I don't think your family members have incorrect info on Hall's career at Tech, is it possible you can provide some actual occurrences?

Posted by: RedDMV | November 12, 2009 4:00 PM | Report abuse

sophomore year he was "benched" in the middle of the year for poor attitude and then returned to the starting lineup after the formidable Temple Owls game....

junior year he threw a punch on the sidelines and got ejected in the Miami game and was suspended for a half against pittsburgh

In case you don't believe me:

Byline: Omar Kelly

CORAL GABLES, Fla. _ Miami will be without its top cornerback for Saturday's game against Tennessee.

Antrel Rolle, a junior who has started 20 games in two years, was suspended Monday for one game by the Big East for fighting with Virginia Tech's DeAngelo Hall in the Hokies' 31-7 win Saturday.

Hall, who appeared to have initiated the fight in the final five minutes, was also suspended, but only for half of the Hokies' game against Pittsburgh on Saturday.

Hall was in the game at the time of the incident, which took place on Miami's sideline. Because Rolle was on the sideline he received a full game's suspension, which ...

Posted by: zjfr2 | November 12, 2009 4:29 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: zjfr2 | November 12, 2009 4:31 PM | Report abuse

Well Umm Uhh Err
I err think Umm, noo thats to strong of a word or er um not strong maybe firm? Or um no uh I feel that um well, I kinda feel that um we should try Cha- no Mi- no,

I cant handle the pressure, where is my binky!
-Jim Zorn on the Right Guard Spot.

Posted by: alex35332 | November 12, 2009 4:31 PM | Report abuse

diesel, here, I'll give enough rope to hang yourself, heck, I'll even give you the answers

1. How many games did he start? - 2

2. How did he play? - He played, by all accounts, ok. Certainly not lousy, certainly not great.

My question for you is do you REALLY trust Jim Zorn as the guy to lead this team, the guy to determine who starts, and who doesn't??

The guy who put up 6 points against KC, and when he got playcalling taken away was upset??

The guy who over the past 16 games is 4-12, and headed south from that point??

Really??

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | November 12, 2009 4:34 PM | Report abuse

It would be just awesome if Batiste starts......I still can't figure out why they don't sign Alex Boone off of the 49ers practice squad....

Posted by: zjfr2 | November 12, 2009 4:35 PM | Report abuse

------------------

This is just too crazy.

Posted by: TWISI | November 12, 2009 4:36 PM | Report abuse

So, it's not really a "battle" between Rhinehart and Montgomery because they both are pretty worthless? It must be more like a "tussle", or maybe a "scuffle" for the job. The question is, does the loser get to play the rest of the season?

Posted by: RedSkinHead | November 12, 2009 4:37 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: zjfr2 | November 12, 2009 4:35 PM | Report abuse

If Alex Boone was that good you'd wonder why he isn't playing. They are having a lot of trouble at right tackle. You'd think with Pashos out they'd at least put him on the 53 man.

Posted by: PAskinsfan17 | November 12, 2009 4:37 PM | Report abuse

zorn will play the one that is more medium at RG...

Posted by: Curzon417 | November 12, 2009 4:38 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: zjfr2 | November 12, 2009 4:35 PM

Because Zorn is pissing in the wind on sitting Hunter Smith on IR.

Posted by: TWISI | November 12, 2009 4:39 PM | Report abuse

Well, Will M. came in and had a little meeting with Zorn. Just like with ARE, it's not just how you practice, it's whether your powerpoint skillz are truly mad.

Posted by: daggar | November 12, 2009 4:39 PM | Report abuse

GOOD NEWS ABOUT ALL YOU ANTI-VINNY FANS,WORD ON THE STREET IS.BY AN INSIDE SOURCE,
Snyder is now really feeling the pressure and has chatted with vinny about replacing him BUT he would still hold a position with the redskins,
jus wonder why he cant let him go,he must really like this vinny-guy,you heard it first,so stay tuned in the next coming eight weeks

Posted by: BEE5N2002 | November 12, 2009 4:39 PM | Report abuse

------------------

This is just too crazy.

Posted by: TWISI | November 12, 2009 4:36 PM | Report abuse

-----------------------------------------
If Betts is smart, he will ride this injury into not playing this week because I cannot see any holes opening for him with this line.

Posted by: RedSkinHead | November 12, 2009 4:40 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: BeantownGreg1

I've been agreeing with that for months. I recall saying it about Kelly back in camp. Give him the job and let him run with it. Zorn is just, and I hate to say this, but he is just such a bozo as a HC.

Posted by: zcezcest1 | November 12, 2009 4:40 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: zjfr2 | November 12, 2009 4:35 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: PAskinsfan17 | November 12, 2009 4:37 PM | Report abuse

Must confess that I am not that familiar with the 9ers oline, guess I'll know more after tonight, but I do know that I saw Alex Boone dominate at Ohio State and I also know that I've seen Batiste play, Boone is younger and can't possibly be worse than Batiste.

Posted by: zjfr2 | November 12, 2009 4:41 PM | Report abuse

"I mean, Chad has been improving his use of fonts and overall text presentation, but Will came in with a pie chart of plays where he got beat to the right vs. beat to the left vs. just plain steamrolled that really wowed me."

Posted by: daggar | November 12, 2009 4:42 PM | Report abuse

its like he's afraid to hurt someones feelings, and he's afraid that he wont get the necessary credit he feels he deserves....I don't get it at all....

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | November 12, 2009 4:43 PM | Report abuse

From the times:

Although Zorn wouldn't commit to Chad Rinehart as the new right guard, Rinehart said he's working exclusively with the starters and will start. Will Montgomery said the thing thing earlier today.

wow....just I mean...

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | November 12, 2009 4:45 PM | Report abuse

So, with 26 out, maybe we can get a running game going...

Posted by: AWWNats | November 12, 2009 4:18 PM
--------------------------------------------------

First of all let me say HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Rock running behind Jones, Dockery, Rabach, Reinhart, Batiste

I'm seeing 75 yds rushing and at least 6 sacks on Sunday

Posted by: noonefromtampa | November 12, 2009 4:47 PM | Report abuse

D'Anthony motherSJKing Batiste... ugh...

Posted by: NateinthePDX | November 12, 2009 4:49 PM | Report abuse

Wait, so ladell isn't practicing? Jreid, does that make him a prima donna? I thought he works hard and is well-liked by his teammates because he practices? Now he's starting and the ankle has him tapping out of practice to be ready for Sunday? The horror!

What's up with the USC Trojans? Fight on!

Posted by: AdamCr | November 12, 2009 4:49 PM | Report abuse

What is the over/under on ARE playing QB Sunday?

Posted by: noonefromtampa | November 12, 2009 4:49 PM | Report abuse

===============

It's a well known fact that starting RBs for the Skins do not practice and LB is now the starting RB...

Posted by: Curzon417 | November 12, 2009 4:54 PM | Report abuse

The "Moe" scenario; brought to you by the good people who brought you "Bing" buddda bing:
The Redskins draft CJ Spiller. His first game out running behind a tattered, beleaguered "Bush-league" line he ends up on injured reserve out for the entire year.
The "Moe" scenario, again, brought to you by the good people at "Bing" budddda bing

Posted by: periculum | November 12, 2009 4:55 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: zjfr2 | November 12, 2009 4:41 PM | Report abuse

I'm not saying he's bad. I'm just curious. If he has the talent he may just need some time in the weght room or something. I'm sure he is better than Batiste. He sounds like he could be an actually prospect instead of a warm body.

Posted by: PAskinsfan17 | November 12, 2009 4:58 PM | Report abuse

This is kind of like the epic Shar Pourdanesh vs. Tre Johnson battle. Kind of like how the QB situation is very reminiscent of Patrick Ramsey vs. Danny Wuerfell.

Posted by: PDiddy | November 12, 2009 4:58 PM | Report abuse

Is there any 'hint' on who the league sources are? They aren't Ja La Ca from NFL.com are they?

Posted by: periculum | November 12, 2009 4:59 PM | Report abuse

Mebbe they need that great right guard from Holy Cross: Vince Promuto. Probably could block better even at his advanced age.

Posted by: periculum | November 12, 2009 5:01 PM | Report abuse

Ooh, an "ongoing battle", this is so exciting!!! I can't wait to find out which one of these players gets to watch JC get sacked on Sunday!

Posted by: james808d | November 12, 2009 5:02 PM | Report abuse

No spiller for me. Oline, oline, oline, then hit on a rb late. Ahmad Bradshaw type. The kid Blount from Oregon should fall and was supposedly good. Take him 5th or later.

Posted by: AdamCr | November 12, 2009 5:03 PM | Report abuse

"...the Redskins could have a starting line of new left tackle Levi Jones, left guard Derrick Dockery, center Casey Rabach, Rinehart/Montgomery at right guard and D'Anthony Batiste at right tackle."

I just tore my ACL reading this.

Posted by: 4-12 | November 12, 2009 5:05 PM | Report abuse

but using 3 top 10 picks on safeties in 6 drafts is ridiculous.

Posted by: PortisPocketsStr8

Figures that would come from the guy who thinks Portis is an HOF and walks on water. So, you really think the Sean Taylor pick was wasted ... shakes head ruefully ... and these 2 wide receivers plus tight end weren't? I they have gotten a helluva a lot more from safeties and cornerbacks like Darrel Green than they have from Portis the tortoise ... like mebbe superbowls?

Posted by: periculum | November 12, 2009 5:05 PM | Report abuse

Dan Quayle!! Exactly, he does kind of remind you of Quayle or John Kerry ... or Edwards ... doesn't he? No wonder ...

Posted by: periculum | November 12, 2009 5:09 PM | Report abuse

but using 3 top 10 picks on safeties in 6 drafts is ridiculous.

Posted by: PortisPocketsStr8

Posted by: periculum | November 12, 2009 5:05 PM | Report abuse

Did Riggo teach you how to read?
Reread what I said and tell me where I wrote that ST was a waste of a pick.

I'm saying there are other more pressing needs and drafting another safety would be pointless.

Posted by: PortisPocketsStr8 | November 12, 2009 5:12 PM | Report abuse

Annnnnd they're off ...

Portis the Tortoise on the outside rail, followed by the Rhino ... Monty bringing up the rear ... Zorn behind by a furlong or two ... Zorny starts to make his move ... but wait Shermy Lewis pushes him to the outside ... Monty coming up the rear neck-and-neck with Monty. Coming up on the outside its Batiste ... now Rhino makes his move ... Portis the Tortoise comes up lame ... LadelyourBetts is now moving strongly forward ... its anyone's horse race ...

Posted by: periculum | November 12, 2009 5:13 PM | Report abuse

Time for the poor man's martini yet?

Posted by: CheyenneWY | November 12, 2009 5:15 PM | Report abuse

but using 3 top 10 picks on safeties in 6 drafts is ridiculous.

Posted by: PortisPocketsStr8

I pity the fool PortisTortoisePockets ... dude "3 top 10" would include Sean Taylor. Personally I like the way grilliams picks better than Vinny. I'll take his safeties over Vinny's receivers (3 in 1 year) and your 'primadonna' running tortoise any day ..

Posted by: periculum | November 12, 2009 5:16 PM | Report abuse

According to the Redskins Blog (about as official as it gets) Rinehart WILL be starting at Right Guard.

Posted by: Lisa_R | November 12, 2009 5:18 PM | Report abuse

"We're definitely going to get him [Rinehart] involved and he has a chance to start this week. Will has a chance to start again." --JIM ZORN, earlier today

In a late statement, Zorn clarified the situation:

"Although I said either Rinehart or Montgomery will start, that doesn't eliminate either player from starting, despite the competition. Rhino may start or Monty may start or both or neither. What's important is they both have jerseys and shoes and headgear. Rinehart has been on the roster, as has Monty, but that doesn't rule them out. But no matter what I said earlier, you may disregard it, as the entire situation is undetermined, and in the hurry up I'm calling plays. Unless I'm not."

Posted by: TheCork | November 12, 2009 5:18 PM | Report abuse

just wonder why he cant let him go, he must really like this vinny-guy, you heard it here first, so stay tuned in the next coming eight weeks

Butt buddies. You heard it here first.

Posted by: periculum | November 12, 2009 5:19 PM | Report abuse

periculum.

ST was the best draft pick by the Redskins in the last decade.

I could even argue that the LL pick wasn't as bad based on what they were trying to do with him and ST.

But using another pick on a safety would be a waste at this point.

Posted by: PortisPocketsStr8 | November 12, 2009 5:20 PM | Report abuse

kareem moore, chris horton, LL, doughty vs. our o-line

Please periculum tell me how a safety would be a good use of a top 10 pick.

Posted by: PortisPocketsStr8 | November 12, 2009 5:23 PM | Report abuse

oh a Boone (Alex) was a do-er and a dream comer-truer was he ... from the coonskin helmet on the top of old Alex, to the heel of his rawhide cletes ... the rippenest roarenest fightenest O-liner the NFL ever knew ... Alex Boone was a man, yes a big man ...

Posted by: periculum | November 12, 2009 5:24 PM | Report abuse

Has the FBI looked into the fact that Vinny must have incriminating pictures of Danny doing some weird stuff to farm animals? There is no other possible explanation as to why he won't get rid of that moronic tool. Dumb and Dumber.

Posted by: sufferinskinsfan | November 12, 2009 5:26 PM | Report abuse

ST was the best draft pick by the Redskins in the last decade.

But using another pick on a safety would be a waste at this point.

Posted by: PortisPocketsStr8 | November 12, 2009

You must have learned to read from Dexter Manley, because I think you've just proven my point ... like it or not LL is a starter can be effective; on a team and not a circus. Yeah, he has probably developed a bad attitude. If Mays is like Taylor he is well worth it ... he would likely start almost immediately and be an impact player. Unlike the 3 amigos + 1. But I would only trust that choice if grilliams made it.

Posted by: periculum | November 12, 2009 5:28 PM | Report abuse

Please periculum tell me how a safety would be a good use of a top 10 pick.

Mays, unlike Haynesworth and Orapko, in this particular defense, could in fact be an immediate impact player. Kind of a Deion Sanders type of impact player. Immediate, not years out.

Posted by: periculum | November 12, 2009 5:32 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: periculum

Sorry peri, you are off on this one. Just because Mays is built like ST 21 doesn't mean he is capable of being him. Player with the the physical gifts of ST don't come around that often.

Mays is a good player but not an immediate impact player. He has more LL in him than ST21. And, the dude is average at best in coverage.

Posted by: dcwun | November 12, 2009 5:38 PM | Report abuse

I'm not seeing where drafting a defensive back is going to solve our problems in run and pass blocking, rushing, passing and scoring the points necessary to win the game.

I don't care if Mays is the re-incarnation of ST21, I don't want him. I want a 10 year pro-bowl left tackle so good, I could play QB for the 'Skins.

Then I want a mean, intelligent center. And beast of a right guard, and beast of a right tackle.

Then, I want a strong-side linebacker so Orakpo can go to DE where he belongs.

And somewhere late in the draft i.e. round 6-7, a speedy, under-scouted running back from a DII or DIII school.

I want another DB like I want a hole in my head.

Posted by: AppleScience | November 12, 2009 5:46 PM | Report abuse

==============

nothing against Mays, but if the defense is holding back 92&98 the scheme needs to be modified. Play to your strengths.

Posted by: AdamCr | November 12, 2009 5:46 PM | Report abuse

Elvis Dumervil, meet Jason Campbell.

Posted by: dmorgan6617 | November 12, 2009 5:48 PM | Report abuse

A battle huh? Kind of like calling two 5 year old's getting in a fight a "battle".

Posted by: ga8085 | November 12, 2009 5:48 PM | Report abuse

==============

Posted by: AdamCr | November 12, 2009 5:49 PM | Report abuse

Chester Taylor a Redskin. Doesn't offend me. Put OL at the top of the draft needs. FA QB and RB.

Posted by: brianearman | November 12, 2009 5:52 PM | Report abuse

I just love how all these bloggers can sit there and criticize the writers for telling you the truth. Jason LaCanfora knew exactly what he was talking about. He had no negative angle. He just reported what was going on. Jason Reid does the same thing, why would you put a negative spin on a story for no reason. What do they get out of it. The bloggers get upset when people tell you things you don't want to hear. It's ridiculous. You want to listen to a bunch of spin watch Redskins Nation or go to the Skins website. Now the positive spin they put on everything is enough to make you vomit. People get your heads together. The team is a disaster and they have brought all this on to themselves. With a complete overhaul its going to take 2 - 3 seasons minimum to turn this thing around if we are lucky. I will be there to support a rebuilding team with fresh, exciting, young players, new staff, and front office.

Posted by: natsfan007 | November 12, 2009 5:57 PM | Report abuse

Daniel Snyder gives me a case of the Hebe Jeebies! Yikes!

Shalom Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeyotch!

Posted by: ElBigChroizo | November 12, 2009 6:04 PM | Report abuse

Natsfan, it's more the fact that they repeat the same mantra daily.

The audience on this blog is already aware that in personnel meetings last offseason, the offensive line was identified as a point of weakness, yet the redskins passed on Michael oher in favor of Brian orakpo.

It is even more annoying when jla fails to repeat his original endorsement of the Jason Taylor signing and jreid complains about portis missing practice due to injury yet seems fine with "hard worker" betts' absence.

We all agree snyderrato is a problem.

Posted by: AdamCr | November 12, 2009 6:07 PM | Report abuse

The skins need an indoor practice facility. How can they effectively practice in this weather? This may be the reason why they always appear slow and a step behind the competition. An indoor facility would allow players to focus on practice and will provide players the ability to improve team speed without worrying about weather conditions.

Posted by: kingpenn1 | November 12, 2009 6:07 PM | Report abuse

That should read "... Mr. Snyder doing some weird stuff to farm animals."

Jason LaCanfora knew exactly what he was talking about.
Look, I liked Jasno as much as the next man. But he clearly didn't know what he was "talking about"... rather, he talked to people who do know what they're talking about, and reported on what they said. And the difference between reporting with a reporter's critical eye, and "being negative" is sometimes pretty thin.
It's one reason why political reporting is so much easier -- at least you know the guy is a turd, and most people eat that stuff up. Not everyone likes to hear that his football team is...

Posted by: daggar | November 12, 2009 6:09 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: natsfan007 | November 12, 2009 5:57 PM |

Sorry that you have to have the "truth" repeated to you over and over, but I could care less about re-hashing the "truth" over and over.

What would be nice is for this "Insider" to break a few meaningful stories so that I and others like me do not have to cut and paste these stories from other sites like PFT, ESPN or NFLN.

But whateves...

Posted by: Curzon417 | November 12, 2009 6:21 PM | Report abuse

I just saw the funniest thing I've seen this year and it goes to prove how backwards the Redskins are. On Redskins Nation Sam Huff was saying that he did not agree with the decision to trade away Champ Bailey, and that when you have a cornerback of his caliber you keep them until they retire. As he said retired there was a sudden break and Larry Michael changed the subject immediately and wrapped up the segment. Larry "The Tool" Michael editing and chopping up Sam Huff's words are you kidding me. Are you seriously kidding me? Larry Michael did play by play of the Stuttering John Melendez and Crazy Cabbie Fight on the Stern Show and Little Vinnie Cerrato played a cop in Kindergarten Ninja. You can't make this stuff up man.

Posted by: natsfan007 | November 12, 2009 6:22 PM | Report abuse

Maybe if we all put our powers together maybe we can pray that Larry Michael has a horrendous car crash on his way home from Redskins Park and is placed into a vegetative state once he awakes from a 3 year coma. Maybe Daniel Snyder can put the Sheeny Curse on him! Is Larry Michael a Hebe Jeebie? Not sure.

Posted by: ElBigChroizo | November 12, 2009 6:24 PM | Report abuse

But whateves...

Posted by: Curzon417 | November 12, 2009 6:21 PM |

RI = WaPo
WaPo = Alpo

Posted by: ElDrano | November 12, 2009 6:30 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: natsfan007

You are right. Like the time when Jason La CanHater Eddie Royal was the "big WR" the Skins should have drafted. Or the time when he said the Jason Taylor trade was a good one. Or the time when.....Aw Screw it. I can go on for days.

The team deserves to be criticized for their performance this year and I understand that. If they were reporting the facts all of the time then why haven't we seen JLC or the mayor light up Zorn like he does the players? Why does Zorn get a pass when he inherited a playoff team and has made it worse? Where is the critical analysis of Zorn's playcalling and lack of leadership in the locker room?

They are most critical of the players that they don't like or tthe ones that don't give them enough face time. Just look how they talk about Rock Cartwright. You'd swear he was the second coming of Devin Hester instead of the slowest KR in the league with no threat of taking it to the house.

The team deserves most of the negativity this year but I'm also waiting for the mayor to rip his "buddies" on the team that also palying like crap.

Posted by: dcwun | November 12, 2009 6:30 PM | Report abuse

I don't know but I kind of agree with Eddie Royal. I'd take him over any of the WR's we drafted. Now I will even be happy to admit that at the time I was for the Taylor trade, I thought the price was high and could have been avoided with the draft or a lower level free agent in the offseason. I had high expectations last season and was drunk on the Kool Aid and thought that taylor could have helped us to a 10 - 6 or 9 - 7 season even though it was a high price. Hindsight of course it was a mistake but it could have been avoided if we actually drafted and stocked the DL.

Posted by: natsfan007 | November 12, 2009 6:36 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: dcwun | November 12, 2009 5:38 PM |

Taylor never played up to his raw potential. Too fixated on getting the "kill shot" to be a complete DB. He did make PB in his final year but that was a sympathy vote.

Posted by: ElDrano | November 12, 2009 6:44 PM | Report abuse

Skins officials always say that it takes time for players to develop. Well check this out.

Career Stats
Michael Crabtree
3 Games 14 Receptions 167 Yards

Devin Thomas
22 games 22 Receptions 191 Yards

Malcolm Kelly
10 Games 11 Receptions 95 Yards

Crabtree sat out the entire preseason, missed the first couple of games, and has nearly surpassed Devin Thomas' output in 1-1/2 seasons in 3 games.

Posted by: natsfan007 | November 12, 2009 6:45 PM | Report abuse

Anyone would rather Royal now. At the time the consensus was the big body receiver. All of whom seem to suck [although I haven't totally written ours off yet, it's looking dicey at best]. The other big was limas sweed. Ouch. Meanwhile, royal, Jackson and even Donnie Avery seems better than the bigs of that class.

Reid and JLa don't need to be defended.

Posted by: AdamCr | November 12, 2009 6:46 PM | Report abuse

A battle of who can be less terrible

Posted by: TBADOW | November 12, 2009 6:52 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: ElDrano | November 12, 2009 6:44 PM | Report abuse

WHAT???? That is just stupid. He had 5 picks in 9 games, which I believe led the NFL. And qbs probably tested us deep little more than those 5 times because it was getting out of control he was so lights out. Before 2007 he had plenty of disappointments between flashes of greatness, but in his last year the man was without peer.

You're way off on this one.

Posted by: AdamCr | November 12, 2009 6:54 PM | Report abuse

Career Stats
Michael Crabtree
3 Games 14 Receptions 167 Yards

Devin Thomas
22 games 22 Receptions 191 Yards

Malcolm Kelly
10 Games 11 Receptions 95 Yards

Posted by: natsfan007 | November 12, 2009 6:45 PM

To me, this is an indictment on zorn and the rest of the offensive coaches.

Posted by: Curzon417 | November 12, 2009 6:54 PM | Report abuse

Vinny should be arrested, charged with recklessness for failing to adequately address the age and depth of the o-line the last 2 seasons, convicted of this crime, and then sentenced to the prison for the rest of his life... maybe firing squad.

Posted by: RickyBobby | November 12, 2009 6:54 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: natsfan007 | November 12, 2009 6:45 PM | Report abuse

Crabtree is crazy good. That's why it was shocking he fell to #10. Devin and Malcolm are second rounders. Apples and oranges. They've been disappointing but Crab has nothing to do with it.

Posted by: AdamCr | November 12, 2009 6:59 PM | Report abuse

This is crazy, it remind sme of that Seen in Animal House where Kevin Bacon is it? Is like please sir may I have another whoopin lOL

Posted by: Veretax | November 12, 2009 7:00 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: ElDrano

Quite possibly the craziest statement I've ever read. He was an alternate the year before that. The dude was playing at an elite level before the tragedy.

Posted by: dcwun | November 12, 2009 7:09 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: natsfan007

Eddie Royal is 5'10 and doesn't fit mold of a big WR. He is good though but at the time everyone wanted a big WR complement Santana.

Posted by: dcwun | November 12, 2009 7:11 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: natsfan007

----------------------------

You must have a selective memory.

I like Reid.

As for JLC, he had a stick up his bum almost the entire time he covered the team because he had an ongoing "feud" with Vinny Cerrato.

Regardless of who was at fault, both men behaved like adolescents.

I still have email replies from JLC in my saved mail where he made no bones about wanting to rip into the team, particularly the FO.

Additionally, he was a poor writer (and would be on ANY subject). Reid is slightly better and far more objective.

I'd have preferred Tenorio, because he's a better writer than both JLC and Reid, but I can't complain about Reid's coverage of the team.

He isn't biased and has no personal agenda, imho.

Posted by: MrRedskin21 | November 12, 2009 7:11 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: BEE5N2002 | November 12, 2009 4:39 PM |
--------------------------------

Doesn't Snyder have a few other companies?

Why not kick Vinny upstairs and make him President and COO of Six Flags or something?

That way they can still play handball together and Cerrato can work his "magic" on amusement park revenue instead of trying to run a football team.

Posted by: MrRedskin21 | November 12, 2009 7:20 PM | Report abuse

JLa didn't like something about the Skins and did contradict himself from time to time. Did he have an axe to grind? Probably, but I think it was limited to a few areas, not all of his coverage.

JLa did criticize the Thin Skins ® (aka, the front office) with great frequency, much of it was merited.

Overall, JLa was a good messenger, even if some didn't like the way he went about his work.

Posted by: zcezcest1 | November 12, 2009 7:56 PM | Report abuse

I think the main problem is Danny Boy has surrounded himself by too many hebes to do his dirty work. Vinnie is a greaseball wop so you know he's dirty. Morocco Brown could easily change his name to Token. Its really the fault of the overpaid, thug wanna be, Shvartze's. Time to bring in a new group of schlep's.

Alta Kocke!!! Alevai!!!

Posted by: ElBigChroizo | November 12, 2009 7:59 PM | Report abuse

Antonio Pierce.

Ryan Clark.

Sorry, those were the only things missing from the daily rehash of fail.

Posted by: daggar | November 12, 2009 8:14 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: AdamCr | November 12, 2009

At the heart of this particular defense and most every 4-3 is stopping the run. Something George Allen, Petitbone, Lewis, Grilliams and Blache emphasized. I think you saw what happens just last week when you don't. Were you watching!? Good. If you put Orapko at defensive end that will happen more often than not. He cannot stand up against the better defensive tackles and guards and then tackle fifth round running backs like the one Atlanta threw at them last week.
STOP THE RUN, then blitz linebackers, safeties etc. oh and you have to have shutdown corners who are capable of shutting down the best wide-outs 1 on 1. That is what the Redskins had in the 80's. That is how Superbowl's are won and lost defensively. That is the Baltimore Ravens and Pittsburgh Stellars of today.

Posted by: periculum | November 12, 2009 8:22 PM | Report abuse

Daggar, JR needs some topics for tomorrow.

Posted by: Curzon417 | November 12, 2009 8:24 PM | Report abuse

natsfan007, you should tell them to stop following this dysfunctional team ... wait for them to change their ways and become a professional franchise ... by following the Nats to the exclusion of the deadskins. The Nats are now a professionally run franchise with a bright future. Many experts like the direction they have taken. You would be far better served rooting for the Nats and becoming somewhat more cynical about the Redskins

Posted by: periculum | November 12, 2009 8:29 PM | Report abuse

Ah, so that is what a slant looks like. Interesting.

Wonder if any Skins offensive coaches are watching this game.

Posted by: Curzon417 | November 12, 2009 8:30 PM | Report abuse

anyone got a link to watch thur game for those of us whoose cable system blows!!!!

Posted by: chrislarry | November 12, 2009 8:54 PM | Report abuse

this link is working:

Posted by: Curzon417 | November 12, 2009 8:59 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: chrislarry | November 12, 2009 8:54 PM |

Posted by: ElDrano | November 12, 2009 9:01 PM | Report abuse

Try this one chris:

Posted by: Vicc | November 12, 2009 9:05 PM | Report abuse

thanks curz

Posted by: chrislarry | November 12, 2009 9:06 PM | Report abuse

Boy did we dodge a bullet by not being able to trade for Cutler. Great arm, however, way too many mistakes.

Posted by: Curzon417 | November 12, 2009 9:07 PM | Report abuse

Wouldn't it be rather sad and pathetic if the short, insecure and megalomaniacal owner of the once-proud National Football League franchise in our nation's capital was so destitute of real friends, supporters and acquaintances that he had to hire a stable of faceless PR flacks to dig through the dredges of blogosphere each day under assumed names to defend his nonsensical actions, blatant arrogance and ever deteriorating reputation?

How sad, pathetic and embarrassing would that be?

What a bunch of dim-witted amateurs!

Posted by: Vic1 | November 12, 2009 9:08 PM | Report abuse

Mike Singletary still has the same intense look in his eyes as he did when he played. Would hate to have that guy in my face.

Posted by: Curzon417 | November 12, 2009 9:10 PM | Report abuse

I have this uneasy feeling about Sunday's game against Den. Like Betts might have a good game, Den will cont its downward spiral and the Skins win the game. The Skins need to lose out to have a realistic chance at Russell Okung or to max their draft ranking for rebuild purposes. A win against the Broncs would be meaningless in the bigger scheme of things.

Posted by: ElDrano | November 12, 2009 9:13 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Curzon417 | November 12, 2009 9:07 PM

The only problem is that he hasn't had good coaching in Chicago. If he was with a first rate QB coach like Jim Zorn he'd be headed to the Pro Bowl and his team would be headed to the other Pro Bowl. The Super Bowl!

Posted by: League-Source | November 12, 2009 9:26 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Curzon417 | November 12, 2009 9:07 PM |

The Bears coughed up an arm and a leg for him. 3 draft picks, 2 of them 1st rounders and Ortoboy. All that to get to 4-4. In Cut's defense, the Bears don't have the O (players, coaches) to exploit his strengths. Plus with Ben having a good year at Cincy, the Bears FO must be taking a beating in the blogosphere. IMO their FO forked up worse than the Skins FO. Everyone rants about how the Vinnster neglected the OL but there wasn't much he could do to avoid 2-6 given the way Port-o-let, Z, JC and the WRs imploded pretty much in tandem.

Posted by: ElDrano | November 12, 2009 9:30 PM | Report abuse

did any of you Portis haters read the article about Riggins saying, "I didn't practice"

in your f'n faces haters

Posted by: pabrian2003 | November 12, 2009 9:31 PM | Report abuse

Great job simulating Vinny's brain! Does it look anything like those cooking scrambled eggs they use to show on that anti-drug tv commercial? My we aren't we way beyond factious ... warned y'all this would happen ... its Vinny and Danny's excellent adventure ...

Posted by: periculum | November 12, 2009 9:32 PM | Report abuse

ElDrano, regarding your fears for Sunday, check your BAC. You've either had too much to drink, or not enough.

Posted by: freakzilla | November 12, 2009 9:33 PM | Report abuse

cutler sucks for you Campbell hating we want an elite QB haters

Posted by: pabrian2003 | November 12, 2009 9:35 PM | Report abuse

Almost feel as if I am watching the Skins O tonight.

Posted by: Curzon417 | November 12, 2009 9:35 PM | Report abuse

in your f'n faces haters
Posted by: pabrian2003 | November 12, 2009

The egg's on yours Portoise lover. That was with the Jets. Different story with the Redskins starting with George Allen. Like Portis he was known as the consummate blocker which is why he was beloved by his O-line. Inducted into the Hogs. Let me know when your hero Portoise is inducted into the Hogs, or wins a superbowl trophy ... did you read what he did to his trophies? He wanted to win ... not to gain yards to get into the HOF. WIN ... Portoise just wants numbers, especially $$$ ... he WIL NEVER win the awards and accolades that Riggins did .. NEVER, so eat it, chew it and swallow dude ... its black crow Cowboy's tea and you need to be eatin' plenty now ... that's right chew your food dude.

Posted by: periculum | November 12, 2009 9:37 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: pabrian2003 | November 12, 2009 9:31 PM

I read something very different than what you saw. Here's what I read about Riggins:

"He trained in the dead Kansas winter, running behind snowplows at 6 a.m. He didn't love football, but he did love running. He worked on lengthening his stride by tying a rope to the family truck and holding on to it while his father accelerated, until he became a state champion in the 100-yard dash at Centralia High School."

Do you think Portis has ever been awake at 6:00 am, except when he was coming in from the club?

Posted by: League-Source | November 12, 2009 9:40 PM | Report abuse

Yep, that offense/kicking game I know.

Posted by: Curzon417 | November 12, 2009 9:40 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: pabrian2003 | November 12, 2009 9:31 PM

The above is a Pea-brained Portoise lover. Rare species to be sure.

Posted by: periculum | November 12, 2009 9:42 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: freakzilla | November 12, 2009 9:33 PM |

Like to dance?

Posted by: ElDrano | November 12, 2009 9:43 PM | Report abuse

peri, how do you know so much about Portis' motivation are you his girlfriend? Riggins didn't practice he drank too much, only had a few friends on the team, sat out a year for $$$

so you eat it and chew it and swallow it and all that g a y stuff comin out of your head ~in bold~

hater

Posted by: pabrian2003 | November 12, 2009 9:43 PM | Report abuse

oh no not a pea brain, what a powerful insult.

I'm not a Portis lover I'm just not a HATER

you hater

Posted by: pabrian2003 | November 12, 2009 9:45 PM | Report abuse

oh no not a pea brain, what a powerful insult.

The very rare Pea-brained Portoise lover. It can be recognized by the weasel-like squeaking noise it makes when in heat.

Posted by: periculum | November 12, 2009 9:47 PM | Report abuse

star RB's are high maintenance, accept it

if they were all walter payton, then WP would just be some average dude

Posted by: pabrian2003 | November 12, 2009 9:48 PM | Report abuse

pabrian2003, periculum - you dudes have got to stop this heavy petting in public. Get a room and ravish each other.

Posted by: ElDrano | November 12, 2009 9:51 PM | Report abuse

Woo-hoo! A fight to the death between periculum and pabrian! Getya popcorn ready!

Never mind. Maybe there's something on the other channel. Wiz blog? Sports bog? The Nats? Gotta be something worth watching.

Posted by: League-Source | November 12, 2009 9:54 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: periculum

a know it all hater - recognized by knowing it all and hating

Posted by: pabrian2003 | November 12, 2009 9:54 PM | Report abuse

it's a love hate realtionship

Posted by: pabrian2003 | November 12, 2009 9:56 PM | Report abuse

Maybe Skins should have picked an OL in the 1st rd last year but how can you not love this dude.

Posted by: Curzon417 | November 12, 2009 9:58 PM | Report abuse

Hey League Source aka Talent Evaluator aka Old Crusty Dude, just because Riggins Daddy made him run behind a snowplow, doesn't mean that he he practiced while in the league.

As a matter of fact Riggins did slack off in practice IF he practiced at all:

"I was a jerk-off, lazy, didn't practice, probably drank too much."

So get your facts straight. If you're going to pull from a source, don't only pull information that reinforces your weak ass Portis bashing points.

Again get the f*** over the fact that when Portis is gone HE WILL be the all-time LEADING RUSHER IN 'SKINS HISTORY.

For all the idolizing you all do over Riggins it seems like him and Portis are VERY like characters who just played in a completely different era.

Both hated practice, both think they were irreplaceable on their respected teams, both have a problem with authority, both produced HEAVILY for their teams.

So quit the Portis ripping. Those who are, how many of you were hugging his nuts when he was ripping off 120+ like it was ballsack lint? The dude wasn't the same RB he was when he came here in 2004, agreed. But some of you are carrying it like the trade was a complete bust like Lloyd or somebody.

Dude carried his team on SEVERAL occasions. Behind the basically the same QB and with a weak to average passing game.

So don't act like you weren't gushing over homeboy when you know damn well you were.

Posted by: RedDMV | November 12, 2009 10:33 PM | Report abuse

Jason Campbell better have some serious body armour on because with this OL He will need it for sure.

Posted by: kathleenstinnette | November 12, 2009 10:49 PM | Report abuse

LOL

Oh no...did you see what Red said about CP26 perineum? (peri prolly busy kissin up to rachel on the Nats blog)

RedDmv intimidates perineum. *chuckle* he always disappears when Red givs Portis his props.

Me? I can't say anything good about Portis without peri posting his know-it-all/CP-hater" schtick.

Posted by: Vicc | November 12, 2009 10:53 PM | Report abuse

Sigh,

it's okay inconsistent fool.

i understand why ya scared of Red--Chia and I are scared of him too.

Posted by: Vicc | November 12, 2009 10:56 PM | Report abuse

Cutler ties Bears record for two 4-int games in the same season first Bear to accomplish that dubious distinction in forty-seven years yeah he'd fit right in here in our Nation's Capital with all the other Synderatto brain farts,LMAO!!.

Posted by: dargregmag | November 12, 2009 10:59 PM | Report abuse

List of Portis Supporters whom perineum will attack:

Pabrian
Vicc
PortisPocketsSt8
Scampbell(i think, not sure)

List of Portis Supporters whom perineum won't say sh!t:

RedDMV

What's yo secret, Red? I'd like to post my opinions on Portis w/o trolls fucckin up my groove too.

Posted by: Vicc | November 12, 2009 11:01 PM | Report abuse

Of course, I know peri's bout to come on here, over-analyze and make up sh!t that I said/put words in my mouth..then argue with himself; All the while ignoring Red's comments on Portis.

So I gotta get outta here.

Posted by: Vicc | November 12, 2009 11:06 PM | Report abuse

wow! our JC is better than their JC. gonna go check the 49rs roster to see if Cutler is on their team because he won that game for them.

Posted by: Curzon417 | November 12, 2009 11:25 PM | Report abuse

love me some riggo. also a big portis fan. red is %100 right about how riggo/portis are same playa diff eras. In fact the portis bashing was only thing i find fault withh riggo over.

oh well, all this hullabaloo is cause the skins lose. When we were on playoff marches portis was fun. i say he is still fun, let yo freak flag fly.

Posted by: chrislarry | November 13, 2009 12:05 AM | Report abuse

Scampbell(i think, not sure)

Posted by: Vicc | November 12, 2009 11:01 PM |

Been a long last couple of days. My wife had our baby by c section about a month early and we all just came home from the hospital healthy, not so wealthy, and more tired than wise.

As for the question of whether or not I am a Portis supporter? Well, I'm not a hater. That man gave his heart and soul for this team since he got here. He was put into a power running role that he wasn't necessarily built for but did well in despite his lack of a dominating oline. He was never afraid to speak his mind although sometimes it would have been nice if he kept his mouth shut. He took advantage of his status with Danny but what would you expect? He is now on the downslope of a very good career and has made a lot of money, but is now overpaid. People tend to criticize the character flaws that they have in themselves so I say let 'em. Portis is alright in my book but his time has come. HOF bound? It's a good bet, eventually...

Posted by: scampbell1975 | November 13, 2009 12:17 AM | Report abuse

I want some of what you're drinking if you think Portis is HOF bound... LOL Terrell Davis is not in the HOF, what makes you think Portis will be in the HOF

BTW anyone on here still want Cutler???

Posted by: joek443 | November 13, 2009 12:22 AM | Report abuse

Rotate Lorenzo Alexander, Yoder, and Ed Williams at right guard - let Montgomery and Rinehardt rotate at TE beside Batiste.

Posted by: coparker5 | November 13, 2009 12:31 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: scampbell1975 | November 13, 2009 12:17 AM

Congrats and best wishes to scamp, Mrs. scamp, and li'l scamp. Is the little one a daughter ("I'd dress her in white and gold") or a son ("he would yell 'to hell with Georgia' like his daddy used to do")? Don't plan on sleeping for the next 18 years.

Posted by: League-Source | November 13, 2009 5:47 AM | Report abuse

.....

......

Posted by: RedDMV | November 12, 2009 10:33 PM

Hey, RedDMV aka Angry Young Man, just because Riggins didn't practice in the league doesn't mean he didn't work his butt off to make the HOF. You got any pictures of Portis running behind a snowplow in Laurel, Mississippi?

I'm buying your "same player/different era" point. They're both ballers and will do whatever they can to win on game day. Rest of the week their minds are elsewhere.

Before the concussion I would have believed that Portis will pass Riggins. Now, I hope he retires rather than risking more damage and ending up like periculum or pabrian. Brain damage is forever, and what difference does it make whether he passes Riggo? If he doesn't retire, I hope he will put in the work to look more like Clinton Portis and less like Marcus Mason.

Posted by: League-Source | November 13, 2009 6:06 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: joek443

joek,

Every running back in the top ten rushing yards list is in the HOF. There is a good chance Portis finishes his career in the top ten. + he has 70+tds in 8 years.

The fact that the single-back system in the NFL is becoming extinct makes any RB who rushes for more than 11,000 yds special.

Posted by: Vicc | November 13, 2009 7:05 AM | Report abuse

Congrats Scamp,

And 1 more thing joek: *hypothetical* can you imagine the #'s CP26 woulda put up if the Skin's had a QB that scared opposing defenses during his career here?

Posted by: Vicc | November 13, 2009 7:09 AM | Report abuse

Interesting article in today's WAPO about CP26's practice habits... or lack thereof.

Extracts:
"You always wonder how it'll be when you have a guy out there who's practiced, getting in a rhythm with the offensive line. You wonder what would happen," [offensive coordinator Sherman] Smith said. "And he didn't disappoint last Sunday."

"It helps," Smith said of that practice time. "That's what I was trying to tell Clinton, even when he didn't practice: The practice isn't just for him but for the offensive linemen. They need him out there. They need a feel for what he's doing. And the line has a feel for Ladell since he's been practicing most of the time."

When your own coach is dogging you in the national press for being a lazy assed and selfish SOB, it's time to hang up the helmet.

Posted by: Vic1 | November 13, 2009 7:15 AM | Report abuse

BTW anyone on here still want Cutler???

Didn't want him, and still don't, but six points against SF with two INTs in the end zone was more interesting to watch than six points against KC.

----
Congrats scamp, but if you think you're less wealthy now, let me talk to you for a moment about this thing they call 'allowance'.

Posted by: daggar | November 13, 2009 7:16 AM | Report abuse

Vic1,

Ya know sum on this blog actually think we are Vic-1-in-the-same!

What do you think of that?

Posted by: Vicc | November 13, 2009 7:18 AM | Report abuse

Vic1

Can you do me a favor and repost my final three comments on the new thread which should appear in less than 2hrs? I'd like to know if joek somewhat agrees about Portis' chances.

Posted by: Vicc | November 13, 2009 7:21 AM | Report abuse

Vicc

Apologies for the confusion, of course.

And here I was just thinking about a couple of other doppelgangers --

barno1, the sycophantic and ever subservient disciple of Dan Snyder and his front office

and Zack Bolno, a paid PR flack for the Redskins.

To wit:

How sad, pathetic and embarrassing would that be?

What a bunch of dim-witted amateurs!

Vic1

Posted by: Vic1 | November 13, 2009 7:26 AM | Report abuse

Cutler 5 ints last night. Leads the NFL in ints. Leads the NFL in multi ints games. Who was the one over the summer that said he wasn't that good? JM220!

Posted by: jm220 | November 13, 2009 7:39 AM | Report abuse

Where is your proof? Talk about patting yourself on the back. Sheez

Posted by: hessone | November 13, 2009 7:42 AM | Report abuse

portis pocket straight. what an idiot. he should practice the english language.

Posted by: hessone | November 13, 2009 7:45 AM | Report abuse

Perfect real example of how important the O-Line is. Just look at what's happening to Orton and Cutler. They swapped places. Orton looks like Cutler did last year, and vice versa. How do you think JC17 would perform behind Denver's line?

Posted by: Monk81_Green28 | November 13, 2009 7:49 AM | Report abuse

From ESPN.COM

The look on Lance Briggs' face said it all: We traded what for this dude?

Posted by: jm220 | November 13, 2009 7:56 AM | Report abuse

"Hey, RedDMV aka Angry Young Man" - League Source

More like tired drunk dude... My fault. Really didn't mean to come out spitting fire off top like that.

But I still stand behind the rest of what I said about Portis. I just find it amazing that 2 or 3 years ago many of you would've cut your left hand off to give the dude a handjob, now a few injuries later everyone wants to get rid of the dude like a an accidental pregnancy.

Amazing.

Posted by: RedDMV | November 13, 2009 7:58 AM | Report abuse

More from ESPN.

I'm either a defeatist or a realist, but Cutler forces more passes than a 55-year-old divorcee at Tavern on Rush, throwing more picks than a rec league goon.

Posted by: jm220 | November 13, 2009 7:59 AM | Report abuse

How do you think JC17 would perform behind Denver's line?

Posted by: Monk81_Green28

Not too much better, he still would be making incorrect reads, taking forever to go through his progressions, and inaccurate on throws.

Those things have ZERO to do with the offensive line.

Posted by: RedDMV | November 13, 2009 8:01 AM | Report abuse

scampbell1975,
Congrats on the new baby. Buy the wife some flowers and the little one a football.

Posted by: RedSkinHead | November 13, 2009 8:25 AM | Report abuse

I don't know if Zorn has "like a Dan Quayle aware" but let's hope he has a Joe Biden is an idiot switch, and knows how to use it.

Posted by: bestmick1 | November 13, 2009 8:52 AM | Report abuse

CHAD RINEHARD is scared $h-it to play NFL football but he likes earning the doe!

GO PLAY PEE WEE Football! Everyone already reported that he's not mentally ready to play the game of men!

Posted by: alucard1 | November 13, 2009 9:44 AM | Report abuse

It's time to admit Chad Rinehart is a bust.

It's time to admit Cerrato is not a good judge of talent.

It's time to fire Cerrato to appease and energize the faithful fan base who know a bad track record when they see one.

Posted by: clandestinetomcat | November 13, 2009 12:42 PM | Report abuse

It would appear that Vinny assembled Rhinehart, Montgomery and Baptiste with the secret hope that they never had to play.

I'd like to see the film that he saw on them and what led him to make his personnel decisions. I'd like to know exactly how the scouting dept. is structured, who is relaying info up the chain, whether that info is being received or not, and then who is actually making the call to draft, pick, sign, etc. I'd like to know all that factors into making these decisions.

After all, Zorn 'blew them away' in his interview, so it wouldn't seem to take much to wow them.

Posted by: kahlua87 | November 13, 2009 3:49 PM | Report abuse

Two guards who cant make the staring line up on arguably, the worst offense in the NFL.

The issues on this team run real deep.

Posted by: dashriprock | November 13, 2009 5:09 PM | Report abuse