Rogers, Sellers Expect to Play vs. Patriots

Cornerback Carlos Rogers (calf) and fullback Mike Sellers (knee) sat out practice Monday but said they expect to play Friday night against the New England Patriots at FedEx Field.

Right tackle Stephon Heyer inadvertently stepped on the inside of Sellers's knee in the second quarter of Saturday's 17-13 victory against the Pittsburgh Steelers. Sellers suffered a bruised knee but "will be all right," he said. "I don't know what else to say, without going too far in depth. I'm fine. I'll be fine."

As for Rogers, he aggravated his lingering calf injury during the game. "It just swelled up a little," Rogers said. "It'll be okay."

Heyer revealed he was the person who stepped on Sellers's knee shortly before the team would have reviewed the play in meetings.

"He told on himself, because he knew I was gonna see it on film," Sellers said. "That's a 300-pound lineman with cleats stepping on the inside of your knee. And no give, because the other part of my knee was on the ground. But hey, it happens. It's football."

By Jason Reid  |  August 24, 2009; 6:36 PM ET
Categories:  Jason Reid
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Collins Gets Nod as Brennan, Daniel Battle
Next: Here's What I Think ...

Comments

Go Redskins, beat the Patriots, etc...

Posted by: NateinthePDX | August 24, 2009 6:40 PM | Report abuse

Here's video of sellers saying he will play. Kelly is in the background joking !

Posted by: HIRE_MARTY_S | August 24, 2009 6:43 PM | Report abuse

Looks like our offense is really clicking on all cylinders huh?

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop | August 24, 2009 7:09 PM | Report abuse

What's up with Betts? Can we get lucky with an IR.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | August 24, 2009 7:12 PM | Report abuse

Wow, that was wrong of me. But seriously, I don't think Betts is anything special. One season does not a player make. I don't wish injury or IR on him though.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | August 24, 2009 7:13 PM | Report abuse

That's it. Time to cut Heyer.

Posted by: edvar | August 24, 2009 7:15 PM | Report abuse

I have to make the appeal, too. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE get HIRE_MARTY_S off this thing. Cindy, I don't know how often you read through the comments, but this guy has been spamming the blog with his personal link for days now. This is my plea. I'll make it only once so as not to continue to distract from the Redskins conversation.

Posted by: CDon | August 24, 2009 7:16 PM | Report abuse

All that you WaPo guys have to do is ban his IP address.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | August 24, 2009 7:17 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: scampbell1975 | August 24, 2009 7:13 PM

Here's video of betts at practice today. sorry he wont be going on IR

Posted by: HIRE_MARTY_S | August 24, 2009 7:18 PM | Report abuse

I believe it was Chia Pet who claimed Marcus Mason has the speed burst that CP lacks?

Chia and Mcpoopy need to put down the crack pipes.

CDon,

Now my only, consolation, is that this cannot last forever.

Posted by: Vicc | August 24, 2009 7:19 PM | Report abuse

scampbell1975 = hire_marty_s = peaceful2008

Posted by: Chia_Pet | August 24, 2009 7:19 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: CDon | August 24, 2009 7:16 PM

Dude stop crying I'm giving skins fans video of practice. Who cares if you report me I'll be back up in 2min. JUst go wit the flow BOSS. I know you loved the broke back mountain movie. But the rest of us men like to watch other things. CDON"aka" SISSY

Posted by: HIRE_MARTY_S | August 24, 2009 7:21 PM | Report abuse

If you want to get rid of the HIRE_MARTY_S guy, Jason has a link to email at the very top by his picture. Ask him to block the IP address. And thanks chia, I love you too.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | August 24, 2009 7:23 PM | Report abuse

Hey, Chia_Pet check put the lastest J-Z interview here. Kelly and thomas is goofing off in the video.

Posted by: HIRE_MARTY_S | August 24, 2009 7:24 PM | Report abuse

Chia and Mcpoopy need to put down the crack pipes.

-----------

Oh, okay; that's a funny drug reference, if you're a tool.

MM is "burstier" than CP, plus he's a local boy, Georgetown Prep graduate.

Posted by: Chia_Pet | August 24, 2009 7:25 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: scampbell1975 | August 24, 2009 7:23 PM

SCAM MAN lay off dude !! I'm providing video of interviews and practice. Like this new video of J-Z talking about COLT>

Posted by: HIRE_MARTY_S | August 24, 2009 7:26 PM | Report abuse

And thanks chia, I love you too.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | August 24, 2009 7:23 PM

-----------

You have no idea what love is.

Posted by: Chia_Pet | August 24, 2009 7:26 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: HIRE_MARTY_S | August 24, 2009 7:21 PM | Report abuse

Weak, guy. Real weak. Sure. Video of practice. Doubt it highly.

I'm sort of saddened by this response because I was hoping if you were going to come back at me, you would at least be clever, witty and smart about it. I got none of the three.

@scampbell, I know there's that link, but it doesn't seem to be doing much to help the situation. So I tried to make a plea here. Not sure that will help, either.

Posted by: CDon | August 24, 2009 7:27 PM | Report abuse

You have no idea what love is.

Posted by: Chia_Pet | August 24, 2009 7:26 PM |

Where do you come up with them... You got me there.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | August 24, 2009 7:28 PM | Report abuse

Oh, and back to Skins stuff. I'm hoping this calf thing doesn't last well into the season. Rogers isn't a great option as a starting CB, but he's better than the rest because the depth in the secondary isn't great.

Posted by: CDon | August 24, 2009 7:29 PM | Report abuse

Where do you come up with them... You got me there.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | August 24, 2009 7:28 PM

----------

Oh, okay.

Go away now.

Posted by: Chia_Pet | August 24, 2009 7:29 PM | Report abuse

I have to make the appeal, too. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE HIRE, HIRE_MARTY_S . Cindy, I don't know how often you read through the comments, but this guy has been great giving us great VIDEO. This is my plea. To HIRE this GUY.

Posted by: CDon | August 24, 2009 7:16 PM

Thanks dude. here's the video he was talking about.

Posted by: HIRE_MARTY_S | August 24, 2009 7:30 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: HIRE_MARTY_S | August 24, 2009 7:26 PM |

Change it up now dude, it's old.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | August 24, 2009 7:31 PM | Report abuse

Chia is a lousy Madden player

Posted by: Vicc | August 24, 2009 7:32 PM | Report abuse

Try this one it's absolutely hysterical:

Posted by: scampbell1975 | August 24, 2009 7:33 PM | Report abuse

How many of "you" are there?

Jeeesh.

Posted by: Chia_Pet | August 24, 2009 7:34 PM | Report abuse

Change it up post new video DUDE.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | August 24, 2009 7:31 PM

Here's the latest video of ZORN talking about CHASE. Sorry for posting it late.

Posted by: HIRE_MARTY_S | August 24, 2009 7:34 PM | Report abuse

phuc off chia, you got nothing

Posted by: scampbell1975 | August 24, 2009 7:35 PM | Report abuse

Don't know how accurate this is but I really don't need it to figure out Marcus "all fat and no cut" Mason is the slowest of our running backs.

Byyyyyyyyyye Marcus, C-ya next preseason, unless of course you get picked up, errr..ummmm..nahhhh....C-ya next preseason.

Posted by: Vicc | August 24, 2009 7:36 PM | Report abuse

You're a weird person; seriously afflicted with a major personality disorder, chronicled in great detail in dickipedia.

Posted by: Chia_Pet | August 24, 2009 7:39 PM | Report abuse

Weak chia, real weak. Just another shut in with an affinity for World of Warcraft or whatever the he77 you 40 something ex band dorks are hooked on these days.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | August 24, 2009 7:42 PM | Report abuse

NEW YORK — A blogger who called a magazine cover model offensive names on a Web site says Google failed to protect her right to privacy.

Rosemary Port tells the New York Daily News in Sunday editions that she's angry that Google unmasked her after a Manhattan judge forced the company to reveal her identity.

Google says users agree to a privacy policy that allows the company to share personal information if required by a legal action.

Posted by: Chia_Pet | August 24, 2009 7:43 PM | Report abuse

Seriously though, that last youtube was the quit smoking episode of Newsradio. It's far too funny not to look at. Phil Hartman was a comic genius.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | August 24, 2009 7:44 PM | Report abuse

@scamp

That is one of the funniest moments in the run of the series. Hartman is classic. Of course, he has another great line in that scene: "Chock full'o nuts? More like chock full'o flavor." Obviously not the funniest line on paper, but his delivery makes it hilarious. He had the unique ability to make any material at least amusing.

Posted by: CDon | August 24, 2009 7:49 PM | Report abuse

First, I would like to apologize to any insider who doesn't like the latest practice video's listed here.

Wanted to address a couple of people who has commented on the great videos like this one.

Posted by: HIRE_MARTY_S | August 24, 2009 7:50 PM | Report abuse

The whole scene is absolutely classic. Hartman's deadpan salemenship is unmatched. Tragic what happened.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | August 24, 2009 7:53 PM | Report abuse

We really need an apology from your mother...

Posted by: chasgiffen | August 24, 2009 7:53 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: scampbell1975 | August 24, 2009 7:44 PM

Thanks Buddie !

Posted by: HIRE_MARTY_S | August 24, 2009 7:56 PM | Report abuse

the Washington Post has to be able to rid itself of Hire_Marty. If not, they need to hire some techies from the local community college to help them figure it out! OMG!

Posted by: 1965skinsfan | August 24, 2009 7:56 PM | Report abuse

We really need an apology from your mother...

Posted by: chasgiffen | August 24, 2009 7:53 PM

Ok, here it goes !

Posted by: HIRE_MARTY_S | August 24, 2009 7:57 PM | Report abuse

It's not difficult, WaPo just needs to block his IP, then he can't log in under any name (from the same computer)...

Posted by: chasgiffen | August 24, 2009 7:58 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: chasgiffen | August 24, 2009 7:58 PM

LOL,LOL

WOW !! AMAZING IDEA BLOCK MY NEIGHBOR IP ADDRESS !!! DO YOU REALLY THINK I'M ON MINE. YOU BETTER BE CAREFUL I COULD PULL YOUR IP ADD. I LOVE WIRELESS INTERNET !! LOL

HEY HERE'S SOME GREAT PRACTICE VIDEO !!!!

Posted by: HIRE_MARTY_S | August 24, 2009 8:02 PM | Report abuse

I PROMISEI WILL STOP AFTER I POST THE LATEST VIDEO OF J-Z TALKING ABOUT KELLY AND HIS ROUTE RUNNING.

Posted by: HIRE_MARTY_S | August 24, 2009 8:05 PM | Report abuse

Dude finally blew it up.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | August 24, 2009 8:26 PM | Report abuse

Fellas, just ignore him. He's been on here day and night for days posting more or less the same crap. Banning him would do him a favor. The life he's got is worse than any punishment I can think of.

Posted by: mack1 | August 24, 2009 8:28 PM | Report abuse

rivers just signed a six year extension
probably for similar money to eli
there goes snyders hope for a qb

Posted by: mardiros | August 24, 2009 8:28 PM | Report abuse

That freak just sits on this blog and posts the same frigging link over and over?

Talk about having NO LIFE.

Stephen Hawking gets out more than you do.

Posted by: MrRedskin21 | August 24, 2009 8:30 PM | Report abuse

apologies.. I have to repost..
Cant believe Zorn is picking JC over Collins..on August 24th!!
That should be the battle..who cares about backups..
+++++++++++++

So the QB with the worst stats from the Steelers game has been declared Starter for the Season with two preseason games to go!!
Two reasons..

If we are lucky...
Snyder is working on a Trade before the deadline... And JC needs to be considered a Starter.

Or, most likely, JC is Starting because of the size of his Contract..which is 20 times the amount of Todd Collins who showed against Pittsburgh, to be the better QB by far.....

to repost..
This is why other NFL franchises are more successful than the Skins in personnel development??

The Pats (who I am not a fan of since spygate) are a good example of how a team should be built and remain competitive.

They play the better player, not the size of their Contract.

Snyder is the driver for this 10 year misguided Redskin modus operandi...... Its a classic business case of "return on investment".. And Snyder wants his ROI...
Thats why Collins didnt start last year (makes about one twentieth of JC)... Even though he is clearly the better QB.

Pats HC Belichick always states in the media, that the player that "wins" practice, plays on Sunday. Regardless of Contract size.
This is why the Pats always uncover and develop new talent.... Belichick learned this when he was Parcell's assistant.. And look what Parcell's has done the last 18 months with the Dolphins...same approach.

And it is probably why Redskin's players never seem to show the same passion as other teams... Why try to succeed if the guy playing ahead of you stays or has the edge, due to his Contract size?
This Redskins management problem is well known among the league's head coaches.. And it is most likely why the likes of Spags and others didnt want to be the Redskins Head Coach.

It will be interesting to see the upcoming Cuts.. Last year the two top performing players in preseason were cut.. Mullen at WR and Mason at RB.. Not much invested in them.. And not selected in the Draft...

Will Zorn man up and make a stand this year and say, forget the Contract size or Draft position, lets keep and play the best players?

Looks like he wont.. and is towing the company line by naming JC the Starter who had the worst performance against Pittsburgh two days ago..

2009 a redux of 2008..

Posted by: SkinsneedaGM | August 24, 2009 8:32 PM | Report abuse

Sanchez vs the Ravens. So far, 2 passes. One got picked and returned for 6. The other would have been picked and returned for 6 if Lewis hadn't dropped it.

And to think, last week everyone was saying how good Sanchez was looking.

Posted by: zcezcest1 | August 24, 2009 8:32 PM | Report abuse

With this announcement of JC starting..
Who will be the first WASH POST sportwriter to man up and criticize the Skins??

My pick....
Sally Jenkins or Feinstein...(maybe Boswell).

The other newbies wont touch it for fear of losing their FedEx Press Pass Box Seats that Snyder controls.....

Posted by: SkinsneedaGM | August 24, 2009 8:36 PM | Report abuse

Todd Collins is not the answer.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | August 24, 2009 8:42 PM | Report abuse

Sanchez looks like crapola. 2 delay of games and a pick 6, still first quarter. He looked decent last week, this week, not so much.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | August 24, 2009 8:45 PM | Report abuse

Dinner was great guy's. Here's more video !

Posted by: HIRE_MARTY_S | August 24, 2009 8:45 PM | Report abuse

Nice to see St. Cheez get a mouthful from Ray-Ray..Raves blowin' up the Jets , as bad as they did us..Flacco rawk duh Houssse..

Posted by: frak | August 24, 2009 8:46 PM | Report abuse

Only to certain Redskins trivia questions...

Posted by: chasgiffen | August 24, 2009 8:46 PM | Report abuse

Sanchez finally completes a pass ... a check down on 3rd and long. And so the J E T S punt

Posted by: zcezcest1 | August 24, 2009 8:47 PM | Report abuse

"Looks like our offense is really clicking on all cylinders, huh?"

This weekend we get to see if the redskin offensive team is clicking like a Model T or a clunker not worth the cash.

Me, if I'm Zorn, I think like this:

I say, "The front office isn't all that hot about Campbell."

"So how do I lose if I give him a hard way to go?"

"Starting with this game with the pats, I put Campbell on notice."

"I remind him he's a fifth year player, a first round draft pick in the second year of the same offense, so his singular excuse is over."

"We start with the jints, and if it looks like Campbell is slowing the team down, well, his chance to earn cash can't happen if his play is a clunker."

Posted by: MistaMoe | August 24, 2009 8:48 PM | Report abuse

One being who should start for any team in the NFL?

Posted by: scampbell1975 | August 24, 2009 8:51 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: scampbell1975
__________________________

Well... the Ravens D ain't chopped liver.

Posted by: chasgiffen | August 24, 2009 8:56 PM | Report abuse

That is a fact, they are pretty good.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | August 24, 2009 8:58 PM | Report abuse

Ravens are lookin' like perennial AFC contenders!

Good for them.

Posted by: Vicc | August 24, 2009 8:58 PM | Report abuse

"Todd Collins is not the answer."

But think like this: suppose Campbell's play early in the season is not unlike what it was at the end of last season and the preseason.

If you're Zorn how do you lose if you bench Campbell early on and start Collins
for a few games?

Posted by: MistaMoe | August 24, 2009 8:59 PM | Report abuse

"Ravens are lookin' like perennial AFC contenders!"

The football fan in me is thinking, "Ell nawwww...!"

Posted by: MistaMoe | August 24, 2009 9:03 PM | Report abuse

Isn't Rogers in a contract year? I should think he would want to get back on the field as soon as possible.

Things that keep Jim Zorn awake at night:

What if Chris Samuels' knee won't calm down and he needs surgery? The step down from Samuels to Heyer is HUGE!

What if Sellars were to get seriously hurt? Would the team opt to run two tight end formations for the rest of the season?

What if Campbell really is this bad? Collins hasn't looked much better. Someone go talk Jake Plummer out of retirement...

Posted by: RedSkinHead | August 24, 2009 9:03 PM | Report abuse

The problem then becomes if Collins sucks as bad or worse then you've fired yourself. Campbell's play this preseason worries me but I don't think that just because Todd Collins played 4 good games in the last 10+ years that he is going to do any better. At least Campbell has a chance to run away from a blitzing LB.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | August 24, 2009 9:05 PM | Report abuse

Kelly lookin' like a consistent producer, not Pro-Bowl level though. Maybe not even London Fletcher level, but Amani Toomer like.

I can see him grabbing 6-7 tds this year.

Posted by: Vicc | August 24, 2009 9:07 PM | Report abuse

Watch SANCHEZ throw a bullet !!!

Posted by: HIRE_MARTY_S | August 24, 2009 9:08 PM | Report abuse

If you're Zorn how do you lose if you bench Campbell early on and start Collins
for a few games?

Posted by: MistaMoe | August 24, 2009 8:59 PM

If Reid can bench McNabb, Zorn can damn sure bench Campbell.

Posted by: talent_evaluator | August 24, 2009 9:11 PM | Report abuse

Todd Collins is not the answer.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | August 24, 2009 8:42 PM

+++++++++++++++++++
1 for 7 and 10 yards is??

Posted by: SkinsneedaGM | August 24, 2009 9:13 PM | Report abuse

"The redskins' fan in me hopes for such a performance like this against the pats this week." -MistaMoe

MistaMoe,(forgive me)

That's just stoopid.

Sidenote: I wouldn't want to see the Pats either if I were Carlos. I don't blame him for his calf injury *wink wink*

Posted by: Vicc | August 24, 2009 9:13 PM | Report abuse

Does anyone have Mark Sandchez highlights tonite?

Posted by: Vicc | August 24, 2009 9:15 PM | Report abuse

Sanchez marches 'em downfield and scores!! Pretty passes, gotta admit..Gotta wonder if the 'Skins would have despoiled him..

Posted by: frak | August 24, 2009 9:15 PM | Report abuse

Todd Collins is not the answer.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | August 24, 2009 8:42 PM

+++++++++++++++++++
1 for 7 and 10 yards is??

Posted by: SkinsneedaGM | August 24, 2009 9:13 PM |

Dude, you are beating preseason stats to death. And to make you feel better, no it's not. I'm not saying JC is the answer, he's just more of an answer than a 15 year career backup.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | August 24, 2009 9:16 PM | Report abuse

talent_evaluator

"If Reid can bench McNabb, Zorn can damn sure bench Campbell."

That's what I know.

Thing is, the FO isn't all that hot about Campbell, so the move wouldn't be frowned on.

Campbell's play has got to improve.

There are no excuses as now the much bemoaned offensive line has so far proven to be okay and not an impediment to his play.

All that chatta about, "...Campbell looks good in practice...," is just that: talk.

Posted by: MistaMoe | August 24, 2009 9:17 PM | Report abuse

"Watch SANCHEZ throw a bullet!!!"

I've had my plate of crow when it comes to Sanchez and it was mighty tasty.

Skins' fans like Orakpo, but how good will he have to be satisfy when the fans' true lust is for a big armed, accurate quarterback with media swagga?

I'd hate to think the team with a top 4 defense spent bucks on a tackle and corner and drafted a linebacker when it also needed someone to throw touchdown passes to S Moss....and could've had a guy to do it.

I'll go back to my plate of crow now.

Posted by: MistaMoe | August 24, 2009 9:24 PM | Report abuse

Does anyone have Mark Sandchez highlights tonite?

Posted by: Vicc | August 24, 2009 9:15 PM

There you go Buddie !

Posted by: HIRE_MARTY_S | August 24, 2009 9:26 PM | Report abuse

Not so fast MistaMoe. It goes both ways (classic setup line) this is still preseason. I didn't want Sanchez either. I didn't want Orakpo, I was still hoping for Oline. I'll eat the crow on Orakpo if and when he plays like he has so far in the reg. season. I still want Oline though.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | August 24, 2009 9:30 PM | Report abuse

Can I consider you guy's "VIRUL BUDDIES" ?

Posted by: HIRE_MARTY_S | August 24, 2009 9:33 PM | Report abuse

Chia -Pet=frak=Rosie O'Donnel's mom

Posted by: peaceful2008 | August 24, 2009 9:51 PM | Report abuse

Don't get 'em riled up. Frak is being civil so far this evening.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | August 24, 2009 9:59 PM | Report abuse

Ravens can suck Redskins sewer system

Posted by: peaceful2008 | August 24, 2009 10:01 PM | Report abuse

Frak here, Frak there
Frak, Frak everywhere

I don't like that Chia-Pet
I don't like her, Not quite yet

Chia-Chia-Chia Pet
Chia's bed is soaking wet

Chia pee-pee's when she's in bed
Chia, Chia, is she Frak's pet?

Frak here, Frak there
Frak Frak everywhere

Posted by: peaceful2008 | August 24, 2009 10:08 PM | Report abuse

Hey, peaceful2008. Are we "VIRUL BUDDIES " ?

Posted by: HIRE_MARTY_S | August 24, 2009 10:09 PM | Report abuse

yeki-bood-yeki-nabood
HIRE_MARTY_S gonbadeh-kabood

Posted by: peaceful2008 | August 24, 2009 10:12 PM | Report abuse

where are my meds?

Posted by: peaceful2008 | August 24, 2009 10:12 PM | Report abuse

scampbell

"Not so fast MistaMoe...I didn't want Sanchez...I didn't want Orakpo, I was still hoping for Oline...."

If you remember, most bloggas wanted A Smith or M Oher.

I was one of them

But given that now it looks like Vinny has assembled a decent group of young guys to catch the ball, the lack of a quarterback stands out like an asian girl with no azz 'twerkin' in front of a bed.

Posted by: MistaMoe | August 24, 2009 10:17 PM | Report abuse

MistaMoe, JC is bad when he's good. He's better when he's bad

Posted by: peaceful2008 | August 24, 2009 10:19 PM | Report abuse

If I'm Zorn I'd give Campbell a quarter of the season, 4 games to show something. From what I've seen myself from the one practice I attended, the 2 preaseason games, I'm seeing the same negative traits Campbell has exhibited just about the whole time he's been here.

He's tentative, indecisive, his delivery is still slow, even with plenty of time he still makes bad decisions and innaccuarate throws. Not good. Can he do better? Sure, anythings possible, but.... I'm worried.

As far as Collins, if we have to resort to him, he makes quicker and better decisions, gets rid of the ball quicker, and is more accurate than Campbell. But, his arm is not as strong, and the line had really step up their pass protecting because he's not mobile.

One player who D.Thomas and M.Kelly should take notes from is Marko Mitchell this kid came to camp READY to play and get it done.He looks to be ahead of both of them right now. Would our ego enriched FO let Zorn start him over those two slackers?

Mason is a better runner than Betts. Betts is garbage in the redzone and short yardage.

Dorsey should be our punt and kick returner, he's getting up the field, not dancing and going side to side. Put A.R.E. in the slot and that's it, cept for a gadget play or two.

Hope our sudden slew of pass rushers led by Orakpo bust Mr.Brady in his mouth Friday night. There are bright spots and reasons to be encouraged.

Posted by: 72Redskins | August 24, 2009 10:29 PM | Report abuse

SANCHEZ threw a 50 yard TD !

Posted by: HIRE_MARTY_S | August 24, 2009 10:32 PM | Report abuse

I have my doubts about Betts. It seems when you really need him to come through, like on third downs, he has a tendency to dive short of the first down marker.

Posted by: peaceful2008 | August 24, 2009 10:35 PM | Report abuse

Maybe "slacker" is too harsh a term for Kelly and D.Thomas but M.Mitchell just looks like he has IT, and is ready to go right now!

Fred Davis looks like he wakes up on time, knows the plays, and is ready to go.

Jason Campbell needs to pick it up. Zorn can sugarcoat it all he wants but after 2 preaseason games, JC has not been the best QB on the field for our Redskins. Ray Charles can see that.

Posted by: 72Redskins | August 24, 2009 10:38 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: MistaMoe | August 24, 2009 10:17 PM |

It looks that way but JC did pretty good last year with only a double teamed Moss and CC to throw to until the OLine collapsed. I am again stating my worry about his performance thus far but I hope that once the reg season gets going JC will be able to take advantage of those pass catchers. Having said that, JC needs to get it dialed in. This is last season to prove he can play or he will suffer TC's fate.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | August 24, 2009 10:41 PM | Report abuse

Betts just doesn't have it when it comes to short yardage. He needs a perfect hole to be effective and if it's not there he's not going to produce. Portis, and Mason don't need a perfect hole, they can "see" seams and creases to hit or cut back and get up the field. Betts is not gifted with that ability.

Posted by: 72Redskins | August 24, 2009 10:43 PM | Report abuse

If Redskins go 0-2 in the regular season, with QB play as the reason for failure, then I think it is reasonable to put JC on notice.

Methinks Skins are going to blow away the 'Ginas and the JC discussion will be nipped in the boat

Posted by: peaceful2008 | August 24, 2009 10:45 PM | Report abuse

As the old folks down south used to say, Jason Campbell needs to, "S#@t or get off the pot". LOL! It's that simple.

Posted by: 72Redskins | August 24, 2009 10:46 PM | Report abuse

72R,

JC has been standing by the pot while the receivers and the OL have been s#@ting. His turn is coming up though and he better take some laxative to help his decision-making.

Posted by: peaceful2008 | August 24, 2009 10:49 PM | Report abuse

I believe I just sarcasmed

Posted by: peaceful2008 | August 24, 2009 10:52 PM | Report abuse

I just rewatched the game. The behind the line of scrimmage cam was revealing - the most depressing thing to me was that on virtually every pass play, JC locked in on 1 reciever. His helmet was like a sonar. Yes, when he had 12 seconds he looked elsewhere. But he is so focused on read #1 that everyone in the opponents 2ndary is going to learn just to watch the guy's head swivel, if they haven't already.

Posted by: zornskins2 | August 24, 2009 11:03 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: MistaMoe
________________________

And given that now it looks like Vinny has assembled a strong D-line, the already-strong secondary won't have to chase receivers for 10 seconds and can get aggressive... focus on picks and separating WR's from the ball...

As I said earlier, if the O-line can at least be competent all year, then JC, despite his exceptional mediocrity, can be enough. But we need to upgrade when we can and get a real-deal QB.

This could be a great year for my beloved Skins if the O-line holds.

Posted by: chasgiffen | August 24, 2009 11:24 PM | Report abuse

chasgeffen,

11-5 and deep into the playoffs

Posted by: peaceful2008 | August 24, 2009 11:27 PM | Report abuse

With the most intricate playbook and the worst receivers in the NFL we must be doomed to a 7-9 record since we obviously have one of the top QB's. Just check out his stats compared to all the others that were in the playoffs last year.

I would say the medium is working just fine so as not to embarrass any of the players.

7-9 if we are lucky.

Posted by: HPYTRKR1 | August 24, 2009 11:58 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: HIRE_MARTY_S | August 24, 2009 8:05 PM |

YOU PROMISEI? You should jail your English teacher.
Why stop, at least, everyone knows your background now.

Posted by: abxinc | August 25, 2009 2:58 AM | Report abuse

Ladell Betts = Shaun Alexander in 07/08

Poor vision, lack of burst, doesn't break tackles.

I like betts right where he's been...on the bench.

Posted by: ecale25 | August 25, 2009 11:55 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: MistaMoe

______
Oh Mr. Campbell-sahn, you likee 7 point play in red zone?

Posted by: ElYeah | August 25, 2009 1:13 PM | Report abuse