Thomas never doubted he would succeed

Second-year flanker Devin Thomas had his first big game in the 33-30 overtime loss to the Saints. He had career highs with seven receptions -- including a 40-yarder -- for 100 yards and two touchdowns. And just in case anyone wonders if that was a fluke performance, it wasn't, Thomas said.

"It definitely wasn't a one-time thing, this was what I've been saying all along I could do," he said. "But there's a lot you have to learn coming in. Everybody wants you to come in and just do it all right away.

"There's a lot of pressure but you just have to remember what got you here and what you know you can do. You're just doing what you knew you could all along. But now you're getting the opportunities."

The Burgundy & Gold Daily

More on Portis

As these things go in newspapers, there wasn't room for some of his teammates' reactions to the news that Clinton Portis had been placed on the season-ending injured-reserve list because of the lingering effects of the concussion he suffered Nov. 8.

Devin Thomas: "Clinton is a tough guy, he's real tough, and he's definitely been the face of the franchise of the Redskins the last few years. It's tough when you lose a guy like that for the rest of the season. He's one of those guys like Chris Cooley, a Pro Bowler who means a lot to our offense. You look forward to seeing those guys play.

"But you also look forward to seeing those guys in the locker room and just being around the team. As a young player, those are the guys you watch and you learn a lot from. You could say they definitely leave some big shoes to fill. But the most important things is their health. Clinton's been a great player for a long time, so you just want to make sure his health is good."

Andre Carter: "I'm not really surprised what the offense is doing even without Clinton and some of our others guys because you know the level of character each guy holds within himself. We have a lot of guys who want to win and want to be held accountable.

"Since watching Clinton since '06, I know how explosive he can be and how he sees his way through a lot of gaps that most running backs couldn't get through. So you definitely miss what he brings, but you have to be careful when you're talking about head trauma. You can't mess around with that."

By Jason Reid  |  December 9, 2009; 7:59 AM ET
Categories:  Jason Reid
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Fletcher named to all-decade team
Next: Poll: Looking ahead to Sunday

Comments

All of us believed in Devin Thomas from day one.

Posted by: RedDMV | December 9, 2009 8:23 AM | Report abuse

Re-post:

I also agree-- we need continuity next year. But still: No to Zorn, YES to Campbell (too many holes to fill right now and he deserves a chance behind some stability). I remember in 2008 when we started 6-2 and the O-Line hadn't broken down, there were Sportscenter roundtables about "is Campbell finally 'elite'?"

The question is... who do they bring in as head coach next year while not retarding Campbell's growth? I have to think if they're going the "one more year" route, they'll upgrade someone on staff, like Sherm Lewis, and keep everyone else in place before blowing it up.

Put me down as that being my prediction.

Posted by: TDawg1 | December 9, 2009 8:23 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: TDawg1 | December 9, 2009 8:25 AM | Report abuse

Zorn is gone, I'm not saying it's the correct move but it's going to happen.

I would go Okung if he's there, if not there are no other OT worth taking that high. Trade back if possible if not take DT, RB, FS.

Posted by: Flounder21 | December 9, 2009 8:25 AM | Report abuse

Well, most of this article is copy paste isn't it.

Posted by: REXskins | December 9, 2009 8:26 AM | Report abuse

red, disagree, not all of us thought DT would become a player...some of the people on here gave the premature 'bust' label to this and OTHER cats from 2008...but we're now starting to see what this kid can do...

flound, yeah, JZ is gone, I want JC back, give him a 1 year deal, or tag him, whatever, and draft and build the OL, and see what he's capable of...3rd year in the system, good OL, lets take the gloves off and get this thing WFO.....

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | December 9, 2009 8:29 AM | Report abuse

If he can hit one kick in the clutch, he'll have more than SS had in his entire career!

Posted by: brownwood26 | December 9, 2009 7:39 AM

If you want to know the truth, you're always safe assuming that brownwood has it wrong. He's never bothered to fact-check anything he's written, guided by hate and anger.

Suisham's kicked a couple of game winners. He kicked his first game-winning field goal from 39 yards in an overtime victory over the Miami Dolphins in the Redskins' season-opener on September 9, 2007.

I'm not sorry to see Suisham leave, but he doesn't deserve the lies and animosity that motivate brownwood.

Posted by: League-Source | December 9, 2009 8:30 AM | Report abuse

1 game doesnt make anyone very damn good lets wait and see what he does game in and game out

Posted by: mudman220

Hey, mud! How about reading what I typed exactly?

I said: Thomas will be from good to very damn good in the NFL.

Meaning, I think he'll be good at worst, very damn good at best.

Gosh....

Posted by: RedDMV | December 9, 2009 8:30 AM | Report abuse

If Locker comes out Okung should be there at 5, look for the Browns and Rams to take QB's and Tampa and Detroit to take the two top DT's.

If Locker doesn't come out then we have to hope Bradford moves up.

Posted by: Flounder21 | December 9, 2009 8:30 AM | Report abuse

I like what Devin Thomas brings to the table. He has size, strength, speed and now we're seeing the "want-to" that seemed to be missing earlier in his career. Having said that, he has had one breakout game against second string defensive backs on Sunday. I am not quite ready to say he has arrived, but obviously, I am excited about his future with the team.

That's what I have to say about DT the wide receiver. Let me add that DT the kick returner is better than Cartwright and I swear, the guy is going to break one for the distance before the end of the season if they keep him in there.

Posted by: RedSkinHead | December 9, 2009 8:33 AM | Report abuse

You can put me in the keep Zorn camp, but only if the following things happen:

1) We score at least 20 pts in all of our final games.
2) We keep Sherm Lewis and Zorn continues to stay out of play calling next year
3) We keep Campbell

I'm just someone who thinks that if the team is improving, you do not make a change. Instead, you see where the plateau is. If we could play at the level we played against the Saints every week, we would be a playoff team.

Posted by: REXskins | December 9, 2009 8:33 AM | Report abuse

everyone wants campbell back who wanted him gone maybe the system does take two years to learn if you want campbell back then zorn and his staff have to come back otherwise campbell has to go

Posted by: mudman220 | December 9, 2009 8:33 AM | Report abuse

hey red how do you know that he WILL though thats why i said that one game doesnt make anyone very damn good

Posted by: mudman220 | December 9, 2009 8:35 AM | Report abuse

otherwise campbell has to go

Posted by: mudman220 | December 9, 2009 8:33 AM

Campbell only "has to go" if we can find a better option at the position. And, it's not clear that we can.

Posted by: League-Source | December 9, 2009 8:36 AM | Report abuse

Bean, I post up here every day. I know that many here thought he'd be a bust. I was trying a crack at sarcasm... I failed, I guess...

I think today is misinterpret RedDMV day.

Posted by: RedDMV | December 9, 2009 8:36 AM | Report abuse

The NO cb who looked like a world beater against the pats, lost his job because of his play against DT....

rsh, the 'want to' might have been there last year, but given the head coach's reluctancy to play/throw him the ball, we'll never know the truth...

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | December 9, 2009 8:37 AM | Report abuse

sorry red, I didn't catch it...I'll get more coffee, and see if I can wake up a bit...

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | December 9, 2009 8:38 AM | Report abuse

everyone knows that campbell takes a while to learn a new system thats why everyone wanted him gone earlier in the year do you honestly think that if zorn is gone our 2 leaders would keep campbell i want him to stay but only if we keep zorn if not then he has to go

Posted by: mudman220 | December 9, 2009 8:41 AM | Report abuse

All of us believed in Devin Thomas from day one.

Except for Cork, who still doesn't believe.

Zorn is gone, I'm not saying it's the correct move but it's going to happen.

Look, I'm glad the team is still fighting for him, and I'm sure he's a nice man, but as an NFL head coach he has been the biggest disaster since... Spurrier.
He did not organize his staff particularly well.
He did not delegate responsibilities in a way that made him more effective.
He did not make "outstanding" personnel choices on the field or off.
He did not make JC into an elite QB.
He did not make ANY significant head coach call/decision in almost two years that spelled the difference between defeat and victory.
He STILL doesn't know when/how to use timeouts.
He's burned challenges incorrectly time and time again.
His public comments make one's ears bleed.

In summary, the less he has done as coach, the better the team has played. The our red zone offense, usually started with the phrase "I've got it from here, Sherm", has to go up there with "Heckuva job, Brownie" as quotations that should strike fear in the populace.
I'd vote for sending him up to the booth for a game so he can listen in comfort. I'm ambivalent about whether he gets a headphone.

Posted by: daggar | December 9, 2009 8:44 AM | Report abuse

SOMEONE explain to me why 70+ % of people think Portis has played his last game for DC.

The poll doesn't ask "if it were up to you".... it asks "will it happen".

So given a full offseason to recover from just a concussion, no bone breakage, and given his salary and the potential cap hit... how the heck can anyone believe he wont play for us next year.

What scenario is 70% likely to play out that would have him NOT play here?

Posted by: REXskins | December 9, 2009 8:46 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: mudman220

Good God...

Okay, let me break this down to you like a three year old:

Devin Thomas right now = decent, "on the come up", progressing

Devin Thomas in the future (IMO) = from good (average, serviceable) to very damn good (all-pro, pro bowler)

Again, right now he is definitely progressing. I think he may carve out a good career, which is to say that he may be decent, to a very damn good career. Which is to say he may be a pro bowler or all-pro type.

I'm not anointing Devin Thomas right now. But saying that if he keeps at this progression pace, his career can range from good to very damn good.

Sheesh dude, get the point? I'm all for a little debating, but when you have to keep repeating yourself like Mike Jones it starts to get a little frustrating.

Posted by: RedDMV | December 9, 2009 8:47 AM | Report abuse

Red, how can you say something like that! You idiot!

...just kidding, reading these posts I thought it was appropriate to pile on...

In all seriousness, it'd be great if DT can keep this up. It'll be interesting though to see how he adjusts once teams start to gameplan for him more. If he can become a true #1 and move Moss into the slot, I think it would create even more matchup problems in our favor...

Posted by: mattylight | December 9, 2009 8:49 AM | Report abuse

He still needs to show consistency. Albert Connell was once the fantasy player to have. Calvin Mohammed was the second comingof John Stallworth. In one game he put up good numbers. He's not yet delivered to the level Mohammed or Connell did and lets face it, they were both rightfully chased out of town. Liked his moves and power though. Had not seen that out of any Redskins receiver in quite a loooong while.

Posted by: HughGRection | December 9, 2009 8:51 AM | Report abuse

how could zorn organize his staff when half of them were already picked for him.

how could zorn make any "outstanding "choices when cerrato makes all the personnel choices.

How do you know that he hasnt helped campbell in a positive way to me he has looked a lot better the last few games hasnt he. Dont forget there are only a couple of great qbs playing today anyway. We dont need great if you think about it. Have we ever had a "great qb" here even during gibbs first tenure here. Nope. We need good and i think that campbell could be a good qb. He has looked better with zorn than with gibbs hasnt he? Thats why oi think zorn has to stay if we keep campbell

Posted by: mudman220 | December 9, 2009 8:52 AM | Report abuse

I look forward to seeing a resurgence in Moss now that teams will have to pay attention to Thomas and Davis. I bet Santana is salivating.

Posted by: REXskins | December 9, 2009 8:53 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: daggar | December 9, 2009 8:44 AM

Sorry, cowboy, but you have to go back further than Spurrier. Spurrier's record with the 'Skins: 12-20. Zorn's record, 10-18.

Zorn has to win three of the next four to do better than Spurrier. Odds of that happening? About as likely as brownwood getting a fact right.

Posted by: League-Source | December 9, 2009 8:55 AM | Report abuse

hey red all i am saying is that if zorn and campbell are gone how long will it take dt to play well again. remember what his old man said about him during high school and college in regards to playing well

Posted by: mudman220 | December 9, 2009 8:56 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | December 9, 2009 8:37 AM
-------------------------------------------
You are right, but I saw some things when he was getting the opportunity in the preseason. They said he was tearing it up in practice, but in games he would disappear. I think he is a little bit like Randy Moss: if you can figure out how to push his buttons he will be fantastic, but if you can't, you will get mediocrity. This is how I rationalize Randy Moss' play in Oakland versus his play in New England and Minnesota (under Dennis Green).

Posted by: RedSkinHead | December 9, 2009 8:57 AM | Report abuse

ml, what you spoke of, the game planning part, is where I think this team is lacking. We only move, we don't make a corresponding 'counter-move'......

If they start rolling coverage to DT, then JZ/JC need to start exploiting the single on Moss/Kelly/ARE/Davis, need to start exploiting the seams/middle of the field, send DT deep down the field flood the zone, throw a screen, make the DEFENSE accountable for ALL players on offense.

This is one area where I think we're shy of a full deck, we don't have a TRUE football mind at HC...

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | December 9, 2009 8:58 AM | Report abuse

Wow, League. Talking about splitting hairs. The current difference between Zorn's and Spurrier's w/L record is just two games.

Posted by: RedDMV | December 9, 2009 9:00 AM | Report abuse

we dont have a football mind at head coach but isnt that cerratos fault

Posted by: mudman220 | December 9, 2009 9:02 AM | Report abuse

If we are still in the top 5:

Cleveland may take a QB.
The Bucs should take Suh.
The Rams should take a QB.

Our biggest obstacle right now to Okung is the Detroit Lions. They have a ton of holes to fill especially on defense and they really like Jeff Backus. There is hope. If we end up picking after the Chiefs I think we are in trouble. If we are the #5 pick then I think we should take 1 of the following in order listed. We will have a crack at one of these guys.

#1 Russel Okung
#2 Ndamukong Suh
#3 Eric Berry

This could all change though. If we fall out of the top 5 then we should just take the best tackle available since those 3 will be gone. I'd take Bulaga anywhere after #5. Charles Brown and Bruce Campbell are also possibilities depending on how far we fall in the draft order.

Posted by: PAskinsfan17 | December 9, 2009 9:02 AM | Report abuse

All of us believed in Devin Thomas from day one.

Posted by: RedDMV | December 9, 2009 8:23 AM | Report abuse

Word.

This outpouring of support for DT11 has been long overdue.

It's crystal clear now that he's had one single solitary 100 yard game and scored 2 TDs that he should be mentioned along with Jerry Rice, Art Monk, Randy Moss.

His speed, agility, power, vision, integrity, and character are second to none.

We should worship and praise him for he is worthy to be glorified.

Amen.
I know it took a year and half to kick in

Posted by: p1funk | December 9, 2009 9:03 AM | Report abuse

interesting article on the two undefeated teams:

It reinforces what anybody who watches TV can see -- despite their glossy records, neither the Saints nor the Colts are anywhere near as good as the most dominant clubs of the past.

Posted by: Samson151 | December 9, 2009 9:04 AM | Report abuse

It doesn't live and die with them.

Posted by: RedDMV | December 9, 2009 9:05 AM | Report abuse

why does cerrato keep getting a pass by snyder even after all these years of losing under him but zorn should be gone after not even 2 yrs of being the head coach

Posted by: mudman220 | December 9, 2009 9:05 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: RedDMV | December 9, 2009 9:00 AM

Just two? Spurrier won 20% more games than Zorn! (Everything I know I learned from "How to Lie with Statistics.")

Posted by: League-Source | December 9, 2009 9:07 AM | Report abuse

brownwood

"Campbell is only going to be a restricted FA this year so they won't have to franchise him. They need only tender him."

Thanks for the clarification.

Posted by: MistaMoe | December 9, 2009 9:08 AM | Report abuse

p1, scroll thorough ALL the comments and you'll see where I'm coming from RE: Devin Thomas.

I think I'll chill until you all discuss someone other than Devin Thomas.

Posted by: RedDMV | December 9, 2009 9:08 AM | Report abuse

who is going to keep the philosophy. doesnt everyone change philosophies put there own spin on everything that they think should be done

Posted by: mudman220 | December 9, 2009 9:09 AM | Report abuse

all i am saying is that if campbell stays then zorn has to

Posted by: mudman220 | December 9, 2009 9:10 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: mudman220 | December 9, 2009 9:05 AM

Not saying he should be getting a pass, but if he is it's pretty easy to understand. Most of the bad personnel moves were under Gibbs, not Cerrato. All of the bad coaching decisions have been made by Zorn, not Cerrato.

I think both Zorn and Cerrato are substandard (or, in the wrong jobs), but Zorn's a flat-out failure and, until I know who's calling the personnel shots now (Snyder or Cerrato) I think the jury's still out on Cerrato.

Posted by: League-Source | December 9, 2009 9:13 AM | Report abuse

"They can rid themselves of both Zorn and Campbell and still keep the philosophy on offense in place."

I understand your point.

So here's mine: stability equals success.

When guys respect the coach, play hard for him, and stand by him even when the FO points out his failings, that means he's a motivator.

Motivating 53 well-paid men is a hard job.

Zorn has shown the ability to do this.

He'll get the game management thingy down as he grows into the role of head coach/manager.

Give Zorn 'nuther year.

It might equal success.

Posted by: MistaMoe | December 9, 2009 9:14 AM | Report abuse

Bean I think you're right about the gameplanning. Best evidence of that is our 6-2 start last year. Now, no doubt the offensive line had a good bit to do with the collapse last year, but once coaches got some film on us, and had a feel for Zorn's tendencies, he never really improvised or tried to stay unpredictable.

Pretty obvious since Sherm Lewis / Sherm Smith got involved, I think...

Posted by: mattylight | December 9, 2009 9:16 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: League-Source | December 9, 2009 8:30 AM

Dude, climb down off your high-horse.

I said that tongue-in-cheek, fully aware the Suisham hit a game winner before. No fact checking necessary when it's an F-ING JOKE.

So I'll tell you what I've had to tell T_E (wherever he may be) in the past: if you don't like what I have to say, skim over my comments and respond to stuff you deem more worthy of your time.

Irony is, you're spewing more "hate and anger" in response to my alleged "lies and animosity" than anything I've said here. You should take your own advice, dude.

Posted by: brownwood26 | December 9, 2009 9:17 AM | Report abuse

league i understand your point but how can the jury still be out after what 10 yrs but are you going to tell me that cerrato isnt getting involved in head coaching decisions

Posted by: mudman220 | December 9, 2009 9:18 AM | Report abuse

p1, comprehend much?? Please point out where ANYONE mentioned DT in the same company as those guys...all we were saying is that we're starting to see the potential that a lot of us thought he had...labeling him a bust in his rookie year was VERY premature....

let me know if you need this explained to you like you're a 5 year old...

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | December 9, 2009 9:19 AM | Report abuse

League, respectfully disagree.

Who hired Zorn? (Cerrato)
Who failed to upgrade the offensive line in the 2008 / 2009 drafts (Cerrato)
Who traded multiple picks for Jason Taylor? (Cerrato)

Now, you might argue that Snyder is the real person behind those moves, and we'll never know for sure, but those moves happened on his watch as de-facto GM, so I think he should get the boot...

Posted by: mattylight | December 9, 2009 9:20 AM | Report abuse

brownwood

Thanks for the clarification.

Posted by: MistaMoe | December 9, 2009 9:08 AM

Might wanna fact check me since that observation of mine may contain high doses of "lies and animosity"...

(eye roll)

Posted by: brownwood26 | December 9, 2009 9:21 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: brownwood26 | December 9, 2009 9:17 AM

Predictable. That's your standard response when you're wrong: "I was making a joke." You're one of the funniest guys up here, but not funny ha-ha.

Posted by: League-Source | December 9, 2009 9:22 AM | Report abuse

Devin Thomas came on against the Saints for two reasons:

1. he was on the field for a while (for a change), and
2. he was open.

Thomas in the open is a real threat. He's big, super strong, and among the very fastest guys on the team. A CB who sees Devin Thomas steaming towards him with the ball in his hands is one scared CB. Just having him in the game opens up opportunities for Moss and the others.

That said, he's not a natural receiver. More like a tall, fast RB with better hands.

Posted by: Samson151 | December 9, 2009 9:23 AM | Report abuse

Greg,

Do your kids have that sports package for the Wii with the Tennis raquet, Baseball bat and Golf club and if so how is it. I want to get it for my girls but if it's not worth it let me know.

Posted by: Flounder21 | December 9, 2009 9:23 AM | Report abuse

Well, most of this article is copy paste isn't it.

Posted by: REXskins

Yes..JReid is a lazy P.O.S. and always gets scooped..He at time is even worse than his butt-boy Jason LaCa..WTF

Posted by: jcnjcnj | December 9, 2009 9:24 AM | Report abuse

thank you matty for clarifying what i have been trying to say all morning

Posted by: mudman220 | December 9, 2009 9:24 AM | Report abuse

hey jcnj r you in jersey

Posted by: mudman220 | December 9, 2009 9:26 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: mudman220 | December 9, 2009 9:18 AM

What I said was it's not clear to me who's making the big decisions -- Cerrato or Snyder. Do you know? And as for "ten years" a lot of that was clearly Snyder, one year was Marty, and then Gibbs was in charge and Cerrato reported to him. I would only judge Cerrato on the last two years and even there would want to know whether he or Snyder chose Zorn, WR-TE-WR, Orakpo, Haynesworth, Jason Taylor. Until I know that, I wouldn't pass judgment on Cerrato.

Posted by: League-Source | December 9, 2009 9:26 AM | Report abuse

Actually JC is only a RFA if there is a non caped year, otherwise he is a FA.

Posted by: Flounder21 | December 9, 2009 9:27 AM | Report abuse

brown, te is ls...they're the same person, just with a different handle....just as an fyi....

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | December 9, 2009 9:27 AM | Report abuse

(eye roll)

Posted by: brownwood26 | December 9, 2009 9:21 AM

Oh, now you're claiming that you write this junk because you have a concussion? That's different. We'll put you on IR. You'll still get your regular pay, but you should take time off to recover your faculties.

Posted by: League-Source | December 9, 2009 9:27 AM | Report abuse

Pretty obvious since Sherm Lewis / Sherm Smith got involved, I think...

Posted by: mattylight | December 9, 2009 9:16 AM | Report abuse

Sherm^2 likes to poke around a defense until they find a weekness then they exploit the ever living crap out of it. We saw this with Denver, Philly, and New Orleans. They found a hole in the middle of denver's d-line. We pounded the ball down their throats. We found a hole in the shallow part of the field. We threw short passes all day against the Eagles. The Saints had some issues in the secondary. We picked on the new guy. Zorn doesn't do that. Zorn runs his plays regardless of the situation. Zorn simply does not adapt to the game in real time. He just doesn't think on his feet.

Posted by: PAskinsfan17 | December 9, 2009 9:27 AM | Report abuse

so then league you think cerrato should stay

Posted by: mudman220 | December 9, 2009 9:28 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: League-Source | December 9, 2009 9:22 AM

Dude, get a clue. I came up here bright and early Monday morning and took my medicine for the Saints prediction. No hate, no malice, just "I was wrong". But that doesn't fit in with your clearly misplaced argument, so of course you omit that.

When I joke, I call it a joke. When I'm flat wrong, I admit I'm wrong. Again: when my "lies and animosity" get too much for you, simply skim over my comments and address stuff more worthy of your time.

Posted by: brownwood26 | December 9, 2009 9:29 AM | Report abuse

PAskins,

Agree 100%

Posted by: Flounder21 | December 9, 2009 9:29 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | December 9, 2009 9:27 AM

Now you're making it up. te was not getting it done. Even Brownwood could see that. So the owner brought me in as "a fresh set of eyes." Sure enough, we couldn't let him call his own plays and now I'm calling his plays for him. Hope you agree that I'm doing a better job than that loser had been. I'd say that I've turned around the season for the franchise.

Posted by: League-Source | December 9, 2009 9:30 AM | Report abuse

if you turned around the season then wouldnt we be winning

Posted by: mudman220 | December 9, 2009 9:32 AM | Report abuse

hey jcnj r you in jersey

Yes..Jersey City

Posted by: jcnjcnj | December 9, 2009 9:32 AM | Report abuse

so then league you think cerrato should stay

Posted by: mudman220 | December 9, 2009 9:28 AM

I didn't say that. I don't have an opinion on whether he should go or stay. Only Snyder knows what's going on back there.

Posted by: League-Source | December 9, 2009 9:32 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | December 9, 2009 9:27 AM

That explains a lot. Thanks for the clarification.

Posted by: brownwood26 | December 9, 2009 9:32 AM | Report abuse

manahawkin

Posted by: mudman220 | December 9, 2009 9:34 AM | Report abuse

flound, no, we don't have any of that stuff, we have the steering wheel, and we have a gun for some hunting games, but thats it...they play the wii-sports games here and there, I probably play them more than the kids do, but, most of the time, they're playing games that wouldn't involve those things....star wars, need for speed, etc.

have you gotten Wii motion plus??

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | December 9, 2009 9:34 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: League-Source | December 9, 2009 9:30 AM

Yup. Only T_E would think that inane rambling is funny. That's all the confirmation I need.

Posted by: brownwood26 | December 9, 2009 9:34 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: PAskinsfan17 | December 9, 2009 9:27 AM | Report abuse

In a word: yup.

Which might not be a damning thing for him as a head coach, but certainly as a playcaller. JC's been better over the past few weeks -- that might or might not be attributed to Zorn. The team hasn't given up and packed it in by any means -- again, potential kudos to Zorn and the coaching staff. But back to the original post: Zorn obviously sees things on film he wants to exploit during a given game. When a team adjust in preparation to the Skins and plays different than he expects, he doesn't change anything -- just keeps going with his standard plays, instead of, like you suggest, poking and prodding to see where the weaknesses are on that given day.

Posted by: mattylight | December 9, 2009 9:37 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: PAskinsfan17

Perfect analogy..Zorn's a bone-head coach...he's a good guy and people and his players like him but he thinks too much of himself and that why he comes up short...had he brought in a guy like Sherm Lewis in the begining to help him then he would be on the way out so soon. He needed the help and that why we are playing better on offense...Just look at the coaches Gibbs brought to his staff..most were Coordinators on other teams 1 former HC and some who could be HC's

Posted by: jcnjcnj | December 9, 2009 9:39 AM | Report abuse

poll, poll or beep beep

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | December 9, 2009 9:39 AM | Report abuse

have you gotten Wii motion plus??

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | December 9, 2009 9:34 AM |

No on that is it any good?

Posted by: Flounder21 | December 9, 2009 9:39 AM | Report abuse

manahawkin

Posted by: mudman220

ithink I heard of that town..i'm mostly in NYC working and playing...what county are you in?

Posted by: jcnjcnj | December 9, 2009 9:41 AM | Report abuse

What will kill Zorn's job status is his utter lack of a killer instinct. Playing for field goals and trying to sit on slim leads in the 4th quarter is a one way ticket to the unemployment line. Sure Gibbs 2.0 did it, but Zorn isn't in the HOF and doesn't deserver the benefit of the doubt.

I'm still for a full on house cleaning this offseason where no one with more than 3 years with the team is safe.

Posted by: Original_etrod | December 9, 2009 9:49 AM | Report abuse

[JC] has looked better with zorn than with gibbs hasnt he?
JC is what he is. (And, by extension, isn't what he isn't). Zorn took on the responsibility to turn him into a pro-bowl, playoff-caliber elite QB (perhaps like Hasselbeck in his prime, only with more/better physical tools). If he can't get that done, then find someone else for QB coach and focus on playcalling -- because 'Playcalling for Dummies' didn't apparently teach him everything he needed to know.

So, he only had to pick the offensive staff, and he took three FT jobs for himself. They bring in an extra pair of eyes and viola!

I choose not to believe that Zorn had "zero-impact" on the final 53. There are guys that were our final cuts playing for other teams. He didn't get the fiesta trio involved early enough -- last year or this. He tends to think of the WRs and RBs as interchangeable, when they need to get more consistent reps. The best example that I can think of is DT/MK at the beginning of the season. Each of them got plays, sometimes as many as two in a row before swapping out for the other one. No wonder JC checks down to ARE and Cooley.

we dont have a football mind at head coach but isnt that cerratos fault
Yes. My only fear is that, with Snyder as his wingman through the entire process, Vinny can say "we were fooled by this guy. But I brought in another pair of eyes and improved it, might've been able to fix it if we had more time." But I want someone to be held accountable for the decision.

Posted by: daggar | December 9, 2009 9:56 AM | Report abuse

if okung is gone, my vote is for Suh. Orakpo, Carter, Jarmon, Suh, Haynesworth, Golston. That is a beast d-line. Grab a tackle in the second round, keep campbell next year.

Posted by: brian58 | December 9, 2009 10:42 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: wathu19 | December 9, 2009 12:13 PM | Report abuse

"Hire sherm lewis as the new head coach after firing zorn and cerrato also release blache,gray, and smith allow lewis to bring in 4-5 coaches he likes to work with,sign campbell draft OT and RB,Guard. run on defense an attacking scheme instead of this b.s. laid back and wait to see what the offense does. lewis should have been given the chance to be a head coach years ago but because the owners of all nfl teams are lily white many still want white leadership only all others need not apply. trade down in the draft for more picks.Posted by: wathu19"

OK this is my nomination for best plan to destroy the Redskins for a decade.

Posted by: Samson151 | December 9, 2009 12:36 PM | Report abuse