Tryon, Blache Go Back to Drawing Board

Redskins defensive coordinator Greg Blache conducted his weekly media gab session after the morning practice, and he was as insightful and colorful as usual.

The poor performance of second-year cornerback Justin Tryon in last week's loss to the Baltimore Ravens was among many topics Blache covered. Tryon has impressed in camp, but he was beaten repeatedly in coverage during a 23-0 loss after Blache gave him an expanded role.

While chatting with Blache privately after the game, he told me, "That's why we come out here under the lights and play 'em. It's real easy for guys to recite back to us the right things in a comfortable air-conditioned room, but what do they do when they're under the lights? That's what you want to see."

In keeping with the theme, Blache further evaluated the situation in response to my question about whether he expected Tryon to rebound Saturday against the Pittsburgh Steelers at FedEx Field.

"Like I told Justin last week, I haven't lost faith in him but I was disappointed in his performance," Blache said. "When we run you out with the ones [the first string], we expect you to act like a big dog, run with the big dogs and play like one. The stage was a little big for him right off the bat, but he's just a second-year guy. I guess it was a big deal for him. I talked to him last week. I said, 'You're going to get a lot of heat in the press.'

"He said, 'Coach, don't worry about me. ... I can be deaf.' And that's good. That put my mind at ease. Not that I was worried about him at all. I'd like it if he had a better game, but he didn't. We take him back in, we work on it, we try to improve and get better. That's what's preseason is for. If we use it for anything else, we're not real smart as coaches."

By Jason Reid  |  August 19, 2009; 12:30 PM ET
Categories:  Jason Reid
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Daniels Sits After Having Knee Drained
Next: Doughty Will Have Major Role

Comments

Posted by: seanbredbenner | August 19, 2009 12:32 PM | Report abuse

Maybe one day T_E will exhibit that kind of decency...

Posted by: brownwood26

Don't see that happening

Posted by: jm220

Posted by: jm220 | August 19, 2009 12:38 PM | Report abuse

In RI battles of wills, psps23 is like a Russian winter during wartime. He always wins the War of Attrition.

Posted by: chrislarry | August 19, 2009 12:37 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: chrislarry | August 19, 2009 12:39 PM | Report abuse

All I remember of Tryon from last pre-season was him running round not covering and not making tackles.

It was as if he was running to where the receiver had been, not where he was going.

Posted by: isnadd | August 19, 2009 12:41 PM | Report abuse

Tryon might be able to face the media, but he wouldn't last 3.2 seconds here on RI.

Posted by: mattsoundworld | August 19, 2009 12:42 PM | Report abuse

Tryon absolutely has to play inside leverage. He should cheat inside even before the snap since there's no mystery about it anyway.

Pittsburgh has some very physical receivers. It will be a good test to see if he's made the necessary corrections.

Posted by: LiberalMike | August 19, 2009 12:42 PM | Report abuse

Justin will keep tryon, not sure he will get it though....not sure if he will amount to anything, and DGreen's credibility means nothing to me, hes very self centered and I doubt he could or would really want to do anything for a bum like Tryon.

Posted by: 15600_sknfan | August 19, 2009 12:44 PM | Report abuse

You will not get much better than Rogers if at all, but you can certainly get much, much worse than him. And that's why he's worth the money that he's asking for.

Posted by: psps23 | August 19, 2009 12:29 PM | Report abuse

I'm not jumping in this conversation, I'm happy with CR and want him to stay for a long time, he is an above average corner....but...off the top of my head:
Asamuahanaauuahga
Bailey
Revis
Dunta Robinson
Nate Clements
Antonio Cromartie
Cortland Finnegan
Chris Gamble
Deangelo Hall
Terrance Newman
Asante Samuel
Marcus Trufant
Antoine Winfield

are all guys that would be better. (Fortunately DHall is on our team) he deserves starter money but he doesn't deserve top end money, he is a quality starter at corner in the league for any team and should be paid as such, but he is not an elite corner.

Posted by: zjfr2 | August 19, 2009 12:43 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: zjfr2 | August 19, 2009 12:45 PM | Report abuse

"I'm not sure who Tony Pisano is, but I question his "eyes" considering that he calls DeAngelo Hall outright "horrible"."

Posted by: p1funk

I'm sure it had something to do with Hall's tenure in Oakland last season. And let's be honest, he's not the only one that has called Hall that. At the time he was cut, Hall was leading the league in completions and yards given up. I loved the way he played for the Skins, but he was pretty pathetic with the Raiders.

Posted by: psps23 | August 19, 2009 12:45 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: isnadd | August 19, 2009 12:41 PM | Report abuse

Well at least this year he learned how to tackle, he corralled up ever opponent after they chummped him in the ravens game. Couple more games like that and its to the curb with Tryin.

Posted by: Stu27 | August 19, 2009 12:46 PM | Report abuse

Does anyone have MART S. email ADD or P.O. BOX number ?

Posted by: FIREJIMZORN | August 19, 2009 12:48 PM | Report abuse

Tryon until he gets his confidence is a nickel back not a straight up corner. He has the speed to be a shut down corner, but as of right now, he doesn't have the technique or the swagger. I'd slant him and skinny post him to death. If I played WR I'd double move him to death.

Posted by: clark202 | August 19, 2009 12:48 PM | Report abuse

ZJ, you see what Amad Bradshaw did to your boy gamble, I like him too but this was embarrassing, wouldnt happen to CR22.
Link to run here: http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d811f81fa/Pre-WK-1-Can-t-Miss-Play-Bradshaw-TD-run

Posted by: Stu27 | August 19, 2009 12:49 PM | Report abuse

Does anyone have MART S. email ADD or P.O. BOX number ?

Posted by: FIREJIMZORN | August 19, 2009 12:49 PM | Report abuse

"and DGreen's credibility means nothing to me, hes very self centered..."

---------------------------------

Perhaps. I followed him on Twitter for about 2 hours yesterday and after he made about 10 useless posts during that time I stopped following. Not what I was expecting.

But, he is one of the greatest cornerbacks in the history of football. He earned every ounce of cockiness that he may display.

Posted by: isnadd | August 19, 2009 12:49 PM | Report abuse

Blache is quite possibly the coolest d coordinator I know, as a character and as an awesome coach. If Zorn gets the boot, which I don't necessarily want, promoting blache to head coach would be a good way of retaining some staffing consistency and also giving rewarding blache--so glad we gave let Williams go to Jacksonville.

Posted by: pgugino | August 19, 2009 12:50 PM | Report abuse

And i do apologize for linking to a Giants TD run i swear this will never happen again, forgiveness please!

Posted by: Stu27 | August 19, 2009 12:51 PM | Report abuse

But the whole argument stemmed from earlier in the offseason when rumors came about that the Redskins were considering trading him. There was a debate on whether or not the Redskins should commit to him. When it comes down to it, guys like him are not found easily at all, even if he's not Asomugha. That's why you have teams like the Saints grasping for Leigh Torrence. Or teams like the Patriots throwing money at multiple veterans like Springs, hoping that one sticks. Or great FOs like the Giants throwing $40+ million at what, even now, some observers deem as an "average" CB.

Posted by: psps23 | August 19, 2009 12:29 PM | Report abuse

Really, what you seem to be saying is that he's NOT worth the $$, but since he plays a high-demand position where values are inflated he should get the $$ based on that.

I can agree with that assessment. Teams overpay for QBs, LTs and CBs.

I still don't think WE should give him that $$, b/c we've got tons of cash wrapped up CP, AH and now DHall. I'd rather that we stop dropping ultra-rich contract on certain select starters and focus a little more on investing in quality depth.

Posted by: p1funk | August 19, 2009 12:51 PM | Report abuse

Does anyone have MART S. email ADD or P.O. BOX number ?
Posted by: FIREJIMZORN
----------------------------------

Yes,you can write to him at:

Marty Schottenheimer
17402 Aint Coming Back Lane
Juneau, AK 98766

Posted by: isnadd | August 19, 2009 12:51 PM | Report abuse

For your lunch pleasure.....

Me and my older son have watched this like 100 times over the past week and we just can't get enough of it. This is raising all the way to my top Will Ferrell and his sidekick buddy's performance together.

Posted by: 4thFloor | August 19, 2009 12:53 PM | Report abuse

Does anyone have MART S. email ADD or P.O. BOX number ?

Posted by: FIREJIMZORN | August 19, 2009 12:54 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: psps23 | August 19, 2009 12:45 PM | Report abuse

It's funny to me the way some of these CB assessments work.

Go figure...

Posted by: p1funk | August 19, 2009 12:56 PM | Report abuse

"I'd rather that we stop dropping ultra-rich contract on certain select starters and focus a little more on investing in quality depth.

Posted by: p1funk"

I agree with this statement, but I'd disagree with the intention. Rogers would be one of those select starters for me. The reason QBs, LTs, and CBs are in high demand is because teams tend to pay a big price on the football field when those positions are underperforming. You can get by with rotating RBs, defensive linemen, or even LBs, but it doesn't work the same way with CBs and offensive linemen. They're the steady factors in any formation or play.

Posted by: psps23 | August 19, 2009 12:57 PM | Report abuse

Kudos to Blache for saying it like it is.

Unlike Zorn, who called the team "soft", then backtracked and watered-down the statement a couple days later...now that's soft...

Posted by: p1funk | August 19, 2009 12:58 PM | Report abuse

psps,

Posted by: p1funk | August 19, 2009 1:00 PM | Report abuse

I can agree with that assessment. Teams overpay for QBs, LTs and CBs.

Posted by: p1funk | August 19, 2009 12:51 PM | Report abuse

Thank you! my point exactly to bean yesterday. Spread it around some, instead of 1 Rogers (an above average guy at elite money), when you've already paid big money to Hall why not get three solid guys for average money? I'm tired of the answer when we see a hole to be lets go sign the one biggest name on the market, it makes no sense, even if the guy isn't a bust your still just an injury or two away from sucking again. How many gigantic contracts do the Pats, Colts, Giants, or Steelers have? Very very few, they pay big to their QBs (personally I question the Eli contract but hey the guy made a play to win the Super Bowl on the biggest stage) and maybe one or two other spots and that's it. Pats its Brady, Moss, Seymor and not much else, Colts Manning and Freeney, Giants Eli, Osi and thats about it, Steelers its Big Ben and Troy...now the Redskins? Its CP, Moss, Thomas, Samuels, Haynesworth, Hall, Landry, and it was Jansen till he was cut, yet we have weak depth everywhere but the Dline.....I wonder why that is?

Posted by: zjfr2 | August 19, 2009 1:02 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: psps23 | August 19, 2009 12:45 PM | Report abuse
=======================================
Hey PSPS23 you hit it right on. I think the Raiders were using him incorrectly, although he has the speed, he's not the type of guy that can play man the whole game. A strong receiver is going to have a field day with Hall because they'd man handle him.

His style of play will excel in the Skin's D because of the use of zone and the breaking of the field up into quarters. Playing off of a cushion and keeping the receiver in front. Hall's speed allows him to bait QB's to throw to his coverage then make up ground while the ball is in the air. Its because of guys like Hall, and me not having the arm strength to make corners pay for giving such a cushion, that I couldn't make it as a college QB. :-(

Posted by: clark202 | August 19, 2009 1:02 PM | Report abuse

Does anyone have MART S. email ADD or P.O. BOX number ?

Posted by: FIREJIMZORN | August 19, 2009 12:54 PM | Report abuse

Marty Schottenheimer
8-8 WasMyRecordToo Ln.
IDontWinPlayoffs, 55555

Posted by: p1funk | August 19, 2009 1:03 PM | Report abuse

"You have DeAngelo Hall, who was a 2-time ProBowler but experienced a really bad 8-game stretch playing for the most dysfunctional team in NFL history, and Pisano calls him "horrible".

You have Carlos Rogers who had been average his entire career with a glaring weakness for converting INTs and biting on the double-move. He plays exceptionally well for an 8 game stretch last year, and Pisano ranks him #8 in the league."

He took into account the entire season. Rogers had a poor 3-game stretch, not 8-game stretch. He underperformed against the Steelers, Ravens, and Bengals. Against the Cowboys, Eagles, 49ers, Seahawks, and Giants, he still played well. Hall, meanwhile, had a putrid 7-game stretch with Oakland, the worst in the league. He played well for 8 games in Washington, but their overall production didn't come close. Rogers was better on the season, by far.

Posted by: psps23 | August 19, 2009 1:05 PM | Report abuse

Does anyone have MART S. email ADD or P.O. BOX number ?

Posted by: FIREJIMZORN | August 19, 2009 1:05 PM | Report abuse

"If I had to choose between dumping the cash on CR22 or dumping the cash on a new front-line LT, then I'm going with the LT...

Posted by: p1funk"

I would too. But it shouldn't be between those two positions (and it won't be, with the amount of salary cap space coming off the books within the next 1-2 years). And even if there would be only room for one, you know you have a top-line starter in Rogers, but you have no idea what's out there for LTs.

Posted by: psps23 | August 19, 2009 1:09 PM | Report abuse

Does anyone have FIREJIMZORN'S email ADD or P.O. BOX number?

Posted by: JohnDinHouston | August 19, 2009 1:10 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: psps23 | August 19, 2009 1:05 PM | Report abuse

Agree to disagree. I think CR22 hit a wall during the Steelers game and his season declined from there. Once Shawn Springs came back healthy, the coaches bumped him down the depth chart and he didn't get the start for 2 games. He got in to play even when he didn't start.

What DHall did when he was with the Raiders is irrelevant to me. What I'm looking at is what happened when CR22 and DHall were on the same team/roster competing for PT...we all saw what happened there.

Posted by: p1funk | August 19, 2009 1:12 PM | Report abuse

Does anyone have MART S. email ADD or P.O. BOX number ? Z-MAN WILL BE GONE BEFORE WEEK 5 !

Posted by: FIREJIMZORN | August 19, 2009 1:13 PM | Report abuse

Tryon may be playing well in practice, but it hasn't translated into even mediocre play during games, either this year or last. He has been HORRIBLE when the lights come on, and should be cut if he doesn't improve markedly in the remaining preseason games.

Posted by: rbpalmer | August 19, 2009 1:20 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: FIREJIMZORN

Link please.

Posted by: RedDMV | August 19, 2009 1:23 PM | Report abuse

zjfr ... excellent post at 1:02. Mostly because I agree. The Skins mgmt has done what I call "put too many eggs into too few baskets".

Spending money inefficiently has been a major problem. Dockery was a bust in Buffalo. Hall has been very questionable at times in his career. Albert is a stud, but never seems to play 16 games. If there are 1,000 defensive snaps in a season, how many will Albert be on the field for? 500?

Re-sign Rogers? Yes, because you pay a premium for quality at CB. The bar got set by the DeAngelo Hall signing -- and it may be too high to get Rogers ... but the Skins should try. He is one of the reasons this defense has been good.

As for shutdown CBs -- there really isn't that big a need. Since the Tampa-2 and its variants came into vogue, corners are not expected to cover deep.

Lastly, Darrell Green was a great great player and I'm sure he is pretty smart about playing CB. But what worked for #28 might not work for Tryon. Basically, Green's success and the things he learned might not translate as well to others. Not uncommon with great players.

Posted by: zcezcest1 | August 19, 2009 1:26 PM | Report abuse

"I think CR22 hit a wall during the Steelers game and his season declined from there. Once Shawn Springs came back healthy, the coaches bumped him down the depth chart and he didn't get the start for 2 games. He got in to play even when he didn't start."

Yea, but that doesn't mean he played poorly in every one of those games. Against the Eagles, he actually started with both Hall and Springs in a 3 CB, 1 S formation. His benching was much more of a numbers thing than a performance issue. And in the end, they decided to cut Springs and keep Rogers as a starter.

I'm not saying Hall is a bad player in any sense, but those rankings were based on the overall play of the season last year. When you take the entire season into account, Rogers was clearly the superior corner, by far.

Posted by: psps23 | August 19, 2009 1:26 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: psps23 | August 19, 2009 1:09 PM | Report abuse

I'll admit, I'm not up to speed on our cap situation for the next year or 2. If we are going to clear gobs of space, then it's music to my ears.

But we are also likely going to have to (1) sign JC to a big extension in the offseason if he plays well or (2) cut him.

If we cut him, I can see Danny pulling strings to move up in the draft and grab a Tebow/Bradford/McCoy to fulfill his lust for a sexy big name QB. Either way a bunch of cap space will be eaten up.

Also, when are we gonna have to extend Laron Landry?

Posted by: p1funk | August 19, 2009 1:27 PM | Report abuse

Not sure what to say about this story.

Posted by: jm220 | August 19, 2009 1:29 PM | Report abuse

Does anyone have FIREJIMZORN'S email ADD or P.O. BOX number?

Posted by: JohnDinHouston | August 19, 2009 1:10 PM

Please send all corespondence for this poster to Betty Ford Clinic

Posted by: GreatOne1 | August 19, 2009 1:30 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: psps23 | August 19, 2009 1:26 PM | Report abuse

Look. I remain suspicious of Pisano and his eye for evaluation.

You have 2CBs on the same roster for half the season.

Hall ascends to the top of the depth chart while Rogers gets bumped down.

There's something wrong with the math that concludes that Rogers had a superior season by far.

Posted by: p1funk | August 19, 2009 1:31 PM | Report abuse

So I also agree, I think Carlos is a very good corner not elite mind you, but very solid and should be paid as such.

Posted by: ocskins | August 19, 2009 1:32 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: psps23 | August 19, 2009 1:26 PM

Sorry, But Wrong and Wrong.

1st, Re: Benching - He was benched because he was the worst of the 3. Springs and DHall were out performing CR22 at that time. If he wasn't getting outperformed, he would have been in there. That is just excuse making. Thats why CR22 wanted to be traded and his displeasure was written all over his face when the Kelli girl would interview him....

2nd, DHall had 2/3 INTs in the 8 Oakland games. His total INT total was more twice what Roger's was. And DHall unseated Roger's starting position.

So, how can the 8th best CB in the league be benched by a scrub???????????

Posted by: 4thFloor | August 19, 2009 1:34 PM | Report abuse

"We've spent oodles of money on the defense. If it comes down to it, let Rogers walk and go after a LT.

Posted by: p1funk"

Yes, if it's a choice between Joe Thomas and Carlos Rogers, you take Thomas.

But realistically, the problem comes here. If you let Rogers go, who will you replace him with? Smoot? Tryon? Barnes?

You let Rogers go, you will likely have to spend another draft pick on him to replace him. And draft picks for CBs aren't cheap. You get them high, or there's a pretty good chance you won't be getting a starter, let alone one even close to the level of Rogers.

In effect, you lose Rogers, you miss out on yet another opportunity to draft offensive linemen. If a franchise tackle is out there on the FA market, great. If not, you're just hurting yourself.

Posted by: psps23 | August 19, 2009 1:35 PM | Report abuse

I personally believe that U.S. American Firejimzorns are unable to do so because some people out there in our nation don’t have maps, or Mart S email adds, and I believe that our education like such as in South Africa and the Iraq and everywhere like such as Firejimzorns school for the gifted, and I believe that they should, our education over here in the U.S. should help the Firejimzorn or should help the Mart S and the South Africa and should help Iraq and the Asian countries find Mart's PO Box, so we will be able to build up our future,

Posted by: MsTeenSouthCarolina | August 19, 2009 1:36 PM | Report abuse

Hall had picks in Oakland because they threw at him. Lots. Mostly because no one threw at Nnamdi.

Posted by: zcezcest1 | August 19, 2009 1:40 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: 15600_sknfan | August 19, 2009 12:44 PM | Report abuse

While DGreen might be have no credibility with you, and he might be self centered, and he might not be able to do anything for a bum like Tryon....you questioning whether he "would really want to do anything for Tryon" is idiotic, at best. He spent 6 weeks training with the kid, you think he'd do that if he didn't want to help him get better.

Get a clue.

Posted by: Barno1 | August 19, 2009 1:44 PM | Report abuse

Sex:

[ ] Male
[ ] Female
[ ] Other

?

Posted by: DikShuttle | August 19, 2009 1:45 PM | Report abuse

Darrell Green bashing is punishable by death.

Posted by: RedDMV | August 19, 2009 1:49 PM | Report abuse

"and DGreen's credibility means nothing to me, hes very self centered..."

---------------------------------

Posted by: isnadd | August 19, 2009 12:49 PM | Report abuse

Tell this to Micheal Irvin..... D Green, I have much respect for the player, but the person, I could care less if Tryon succeeds because of his teachings. Tryon is a Bum, he should have more skill than he is showing. Basically he can't cover in this league PERIOD

Posted by: 15600_sknfan | August 19, 2009 1:49 PM | Report abuse

From the Times:

Redskins defensive coordinator Greg Blache expects free safety LaRon Landry to play this season like the sixth pick in the draft that he was in 2007.

"This could be a real breakout year for him," Blache said. "He's healthy. He's got the position figured out. We'd like to see the big plays. We'd like to see LaRon with six, eight picks, with some of those big hits, with some big [pass] breakups. We'd like to see LaRon really create fear in the hearts of quarterbacks where they don't want to throw the ball deep down the middle or even down the sideline."

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | August 19, 2009 1:52 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: 15600_sknfan | August 19, 2009 12:44 PM | Report abuse

Get a clue.

Posted by: Barno1 | August 19, 2009 1:44 PM | Report abuse

DUDE! it was a camp, you could have attended, and perhaps shut down the bum that beat Tryon

Posted by: 15600_sknfan | August 19, 2009 1:52 PM | Report abuse

"Sorry, But Wrong and Wrong."

Where do I start...

"1st, Re: Benching - He was benched because he was the worst of the 3."

So, please explain to me, if there are 3 CBs vying for 2 spots, how is his benching NOT numbers related.

"2nd, DHall had 2/3 INTs in the 8 Oakland games."

It was 7 games, and it went along with 40 receptions for 566 yards on only 66 attempts. I case you didn't want to do the math, if you put that to a 16 game season, that's 91 receptions for 1,294 yards on 61% completion. That's pure all-pro numbers for a WR.

"According to data compiled by STATS LLC, he was beaten 40 times for 552 yards on 66 passes - more yards against than any defender this season."

-espn.com

"So, how can the 8th best CB in the league be benched by a scrub???????????"

You aren't paying attention, are you? I'll make it slightly more clearer, and re-quote myself:

"I'm not saying Hall is a bad player in any sense"

"I loved the way Hall played in Washington"

Just to spell it out, Deangelo Hall is not a scrub. Hall played excellent in DC. He also happened to play awful in Oakland.

But feel free to continue arguing against an imaginary position.

Posted by: psps23 | August 19, 2009 1:53 PM | Report abuse

Damn, incomplete post for me yet again.

"His total INT total was more twice what Roger's was."

And in their mutual games in Washington, Deangelo Hall had a grand total of, waaaait for iiiit, ONE more interception than Carlos Rogers.

Man, what a difference that is between an elite CB and an average one.

Posted by: psps23 | August 19, 2009 1:57 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: RedDMV | August 19, 2009 1:49 PM

He left off McKeldin sp?) from the Bills. Dude is a baller. And they forgot Springs.

Posted by: 4thFloor | August 19, 2009 1:58 PM | Report abuse

"Not sure how much water this holds with you all in the CB debate, but is interesting where they have Carlos Rogers.

Posted by: RedDMV"

I guess this guy needs to be questioned too.

Posted by: psps23 | August 19, 2009 2:02 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: jm220 | August 19, 2009 2:04 PM | Report abuse

Man, Blache should be the Redskins head coach. The guy straight tells it like it is. He doesn't water it down and he does over-PC it. Here's a novel concept: he holds his players accountable!

BTW, did Cooley hurt his back whiffing on that block on Thursday night?

BTW#2, can we officially call Mike Williams injury prone now? I mean one injury, one re-injury and then a different injury in two weeks at least gets you through the door to the IP club, doesn't it?

Posted by: RedSkinHead | August 19, 2009 2:10 PM | Report abuse

Let the record show that at 1:44pm I was, for a moment, in %75 agreement with Barno. I say 75 b/c in know way would I concede that D Green is self centered.

Evidence:

Get a clue.

Posted by: Barno1 | August 19, 2009 1:44 PM | Report abuse "

Posted by: chrislarry | August 19, 2009 2:13 PM | Report abuse

Y'know everyone makes it seem like this Favre thing is all hinged upon him... didn't the Vikings have to pick him up?! If they think he's good enough to play, how is that is fault?!

I'm no Favre fan. But I'm starting to think the only reason he played in NY was to be able to make it to the Vikes. If he retired from Green Bay, he wouldn't be able to play in Minnehaha. But since the Jets contract supercedes the GB one, he's open to play there now.

The Vikes choice is a sub-standard Jackson and an aging backup. There plan last year was to take Favre and they couldn't. This year they can.

I don't think his signing is that news worthy though I am disappointed no one seems to be talking about the contract limitations aspect that much.

Posted by: DikShuttle | August 19, 2009 2:14 PM | Report abuse

Does anyone have MART S. email ADD or P.O. BOX number ?

Posted by: FIREJIMZORN | August 19, 2009 2:16 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: 15600_sknfan | August 19, 2009 1:52 PM

Usually I'm all for arguing with Barno but you make no sense. If DG runs a camp and Tryon attends the camp and Tyron still can't play, what does that say about the camp?

Posted by: mack1 | August 19, 2009 2:16 PM | Report abuse

chRIs lArRy, on those links about Grimm that established your pwnership of t_e_ (t_e_, he pwned you), those were money finds.

Posted by: dcsween | August 19, 2009 11:45 AM

Do you think? I thought they made my point, not his. My going in position was that Brownwood was wrong when he said “eveyone else in the league considers Grimm a solid HC candidate” My evidence was that two teams that interviewed him (Bears, Steelers) hired someone else and that 15 other teams with openings didn’t interview him.

What CL posted was that two other teams (Lions, Jets) had interviewed him and didn’t hire him. So isn't my case stronger: four teams interviewed him and didn’t hire him. 14 teams with openings didn’t interview him.

And, finally I thought CL conceded that I was right when he disowned Brownwood's "everyone" assertion: “First of all I never said "everyone" thats sets you up to lose.” After that he made up words and tried to pin them on me. “But your assertion that Grimm is not a viable, respected, and probable HC canidate is ludicrous” I had never said that, nor argued it. That’s the straw man that CL wants to attack. The only thing CL pwned was his own straw man.

I’m agnostic on Grimm as an HC. But the objective evidence is clear (and CL agrees) that not everyone else in the league considers Grimm a solid HC candidate. He might make it one day, and he might be great. But, he’s been in the hunt for five years. A lot of shoppers have driven past the showroom without slowing down. The ones that went in and kicked the tires walked out.

Posted by: talent_evaluator | August 19, 2009 2:17 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Kenbeatrizz | August 19, 2009 2:20 PM | Report abuse

"Carlos Rogers was the third best corner on a team that went 2-6 in the second half of last season. To paraphrase Denny Green, if you wanna crown him, crown him, but he is who we think he is.

Posted by: Kenbeatrizz"

And he also received the most starts and snaps as a CB for the defense that finished #4 overall, despite being one of the worst in the league in pass-rushing. So yes, he is exactly who we think he is.

Posted by: psps23 | August 19, 2009 2:24 PM | Report abuse

Ok, fine I will bite, I have been lagging behind and trying to catch up on all the posts, but I have an answer for FIREJIMZORN, no a real answer because he seems concerned.

Here is contact info for Schottenheimer:

If your company is interested in finding out booking fees and availability for hiring Marty Schottenheimer for an appearance, endorsement or speaking engagement, call us at 1.888.246.7141 or fill out the form below.

Here is the booking form link. So if you are too lazy to do it, we will know you are just a pathetic old fool

Posted by: gatorskinz2000 | August 19, 2009 2:26 PM | Report abuse

Sex:

[ ] Male
[ ] Female
[ ] Other

?

Posted by: DikShuttle | August 19, 2009 1:45 PM | Report abuse

Where is the Yes box on this survey?

Posted by: gatorskinz2000 | August 19, 2009 2:28 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: RedSkinHead

Mike Williams is a project ... at best he's useful later this year. But you can't remake your body so drastically and expect everything to work smoothly. My guess is that if he stays with it, his real shot will come in 2010

Posted by: zcezcest1 | August 19, 2009 2:29 PM | Report abuse

FIREJIMZORN - You may notice that no one is feeding your trollage. You may also notice that your repetitive jokes are not funny. You may further notice that you need to find something better to do with your time than posting the same message on a message board once an hour, especially one so ridiculous and inconsequential.

Jesus man, seriously... get a life. Does it not bother you that you have nothing better to do?

Posted by: Rypien11 | August 19, 2009 2:33 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: chrislarry | August 19, 2009 2:13 PM | Report abuse

Hah! Actually you're in 100% agreement with me Chrissy, since I only meant that DGreen my be self-centered to that person (but he isn't to me).

Home playoff games in front of 90,000+ at Fed Ex...I can't wait.

Posted by: Barno1 | August 19, 2009 2:40 PM | Report abuse

ZZ, BMW was brought in to help now. At his age there is no looking forward, only the present. I think they we're hoping he'd be a pleasant surprise & if not, last resort on the bench...

...where are the 'roids when you need 'em?

& Gator - you want a YES option for THIS????

Ok....

[ ] Yes
[ ] No
[ ] Not even with your SJK!

Posted by: DikShuttle | August 19, 2009 2:40 PM | Report abuse

...where are the 'roids when you need 'em?

& Gator - you want a YES option for THIS????

See that is what I get for now reading all the way through. Awww F' it, gimme enough Jameson and I will plow through anything.

Posted by: gatorskinz2000 | August 19, 2009 2:47 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: psps23

You'd think with the most starts and snaps, he'd have the most INT's, but that stat went to some rookie safety picked in the 7th round. Carlos Rogers has a total of 6 INT'S over a four year CAREER. That's an unacceptable number for a so-called top corner. Contrast that stat with DHall's 22 INT's over a 5 year career.

Posted by: Kenbeatrizz | August 19, 2009 2:48 PM | Report abuse

Barno, JoeyT has you beat by one game in the Kool-Aid-O-Thon

Posted by: DikShuttle | August 19, 2009 2:48 PM | Report abuse

Upon further review......

[ ] Not even with your SJK!

I dont think there is enough Jameson or Blue Pills to get me ready for that.

Posted by: gatorskinz2000 | August 19, 2009 2:52 PM | Report abuse

thaaat thaaat laady looked liek a duuude

Posted by: DikShuttle | August 19, 2009 2:58 PM | Report abuse

Asamuahanaauuahga
Bailey
Revis
Dunta Robinson
Nate Clements
Antonio Cromartie
Cortland Finnegan
Chris Gamble
Deangelo Hall
Terrance Newman
Asante Samuel
Marcus Trufant
Antoine Winfield

Enter in Dominique Rogers-Cromartie; even Devin Thomas was able to burn Samuel last year, Trufant's garbage. Newman looked good shutting down Santana last year, but even he's ??nable.

Scouts Inc. top CB's
Quentin Jammer CB SD
Nate Clements CB SF
Antoine Winfield CB MIN
Cortland Finnegan CB TEN
Leigh Bodden CB NE
DeAngelo Hall

Shocked to see the Skins had 2 of the top 10 CB's in the NFL and paid more for one in the top 20?

Posted by: bernard_thompson | August 19, 2009 3:00 PM | Report abuse

Leodis McKelvin is nice, he had 30 something tackles with two picks last year. I'm not sure if he was a starter since game 1. With him and Terrence McGee on the other side they form probably one of the top 10, or 5 CB combos in the league.

McKelvin is also a good returner.

I want to vote for 'Leodis McKelvin' has one of the best names in the NFL.

lol... Leodis.

Posted by: RedDMV | August 19, 2009 3:00 PM | Report abuse

Dcsween is logical, well reasoned and impartial judge....he has ruled. Deal.

Posted by: chrislarry | August 19, 2009 3:03 PM | Report abuse

"Wow, Barno and Mack and Chrislarry all on the same page. Must be a sign of good things to come this season. I predict we lose to the Pats in the Super Bowl after wrapping up our first NFC East division title in a decade."

More likely a sign of the coming apocalypse.

Posted by: JohnDinHouston | August 19, 2009 3:06 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: jm220 | August 19, 2009 3:08 PM | Report abuse

It appears that the Redskins fan base is partially comprised of a group of "football geniuses". These football academicians are obviously wasting their lives in their current jobs!

Moreover, I think they are wasting their time even posting here because the rest of us fans are just not smart enough to understand how terrible the Redskins are for eternity!

In order to save these football geniuses' time, I suggest we all admit the following principles so to free the football geniuses to perform other scholarly football activity.

Summary of Redskin Football Status per RFKROX and other super-smart and negative posters:

1) Redskins are the worst team in the NFL forever.
2) Redskins need a new owner, a new general manager, a new head coach, a
new set of offensive and defensive coaches. They need a new QB, A new offensive line, a new set of recievers and tight ends. Redskins also need a new set of defensive players, plus a new stadium in a new city.

3) Unless #2 above is accomplished, the Redskins will have horrible seasons forever.

4) Redskins are worst than all other NFL teams

5) All other NFL teams have better owners, coaches and players

6) Anybody who ever hope that the Redskins will have any success is devoid of any football acumen.

As the representative for football-dumb Redskins fans, I admit that above information is forever true. We worship the ground where the football geniuses consume large amounts of brew daily.

Based on the above admission, I ask the football geniuses not to waste their time on these boards anymore. They should start consulting other fan bases and enlighten them on a daily basis regarding how inadequate their teams are. Redskins are a lost cause, so why bother?

We have also asked the Redskins gestapo to stop holding a gun to people's head to force them be a Redskins fan.

Effective immediately, all football geniuses are thereby relieved from their state-sponsored duties to be a Redskins fan. This is true, I am not kidding. Nobody is going to be sued if they stop being Redskins fan. Moreover, people are also free not to watch the games on TV or go the stadium!! I am absolutely not making this up guys!

You all have the freedom to adore Wade Phillips and Tom Brady. Hell, you guys can even date them, both, at the same time. Feel free to take along your family too!

HTTR

Posted by: peaceful2008 | August 19, 2009 3:08 PM | Report abuse

DikShuttle,
I agree. The biological clock is ticking for Mike Williams and no one brought him back thinking he was a project. If not now, never. I say the guy is injury prone and he has demonstrated little that would make me want to play him. He's a great story for a Subway commercial, and maybe the Redskins can save a little face here by putting him on the PUP, but they should in no way view him as an answer at RT.

This team cannot wait until the first round of cuts to snag an OT cut by another team. They need to be proactive and pull off a trade. DT Anthony Montgomery is an under achiever with unrealized potential that some team would bite on and with the rookie DT Antonio Dixon showing some signs he's a sleeper - and with the three guys ahead of Monty on the depth chart - I say trade Monty for a young OT.

Posted by: RedSkinHead | August 19, 2009 3:09 PM | Report abuse

I think some here called Asante Samuel overrated.

If you think this of Samuel, then you have to say the same about Antonio Cromartie. Both just amass picks, but aren't the best shutdown corners.

Antonio Cromartie didn't do to well in '08. In '07 he had TEN picks, with 44 tackles. In '08 he had 64 tackles with only two picks.

As a CB, is it fair to say that the more tackles you have the more you're thrown on?

Posted by: RedDMV | August 19, 2009 3:09 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Rypien11 | August 19, 2009 2:33 PM | Report abuse

I do not even read anything written by someone with such a monumentally ridiculous handle. No reasonable Redskins fan would want Jim Zorn fired at this point in time. And very, very, very few (like maybe 7 people in all of DC) wanted him fired at the end of last year.

Posted by: Barno1 | August 19, 2009 3:13 PM | Report abuse

red, I think assante is inconsistent, more than over-rated. I've seen him school Marvin and Peyton, but then I've seen him get turned by lesser players.....

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | August 19, 2009 3:14 PM | Report abuse

Retailer Not Selling Vick Jerseys
According to a story by Bloomberg News, the nation's largest publicly traded athletic retailer, Dick's Sporting Goods, won't immediately sell Michael Vick's replica Philadelphia Eagles jerseys.

The company plans to wait to see what the public reaction is to the signing, according to the report.

"We are simply evaluating the reaction of Eagles fans before we commit to buy it to sell in our stores," Jeff Hennion, the company's chief marketing officer, wrote in an e-mailed statement to Bloomberg. "If there's demand for it, we'll sell it."

Posted by: jm220 | August 19, 2009 3:18 PM | Report abuse

Maybe people didn't want Zorn fired, but most wouldn't have cried foul if he was.

I would've thought indifferent if he was fired.

No way a QBs coach, who was that for seven or ten years, goes straight to head coach without ANY experience with calling plays at the NFL level.

Unless whoever made him the head coach of their had no idea what they were doing.

Posted by: RedDMV | August 19, 2009 3:18 PM | Report abuse

red, I'd have been pissed if he got fired after 1 year. Thats just the type of knee-jerk reaction that has plagued this Franchise for years...........

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | August 19, 2009 3:22 PM | Report abuse

Echoing RedD, or no one else at all would accept

RedHed, sounds like a plan...

Posted by: DikShuttle | August 19, 2009 3:27 PM | Report abuse

bean, Samuel is probably one of those dudes who plays down to his competition.

It's like taking plays off.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
1) Redskins are the worst team in the NFL forever.
2) Redskins need a new owner, a new general manager, a new head coach, a
4) Redskins are worst than all other NFL teams
5) All other NFL teams have better owners, coaches and players

My favorites from that list in order is 2, 1, 4, 5, 3, and 6.

Nothing says absolute or definite like the word 'forever'. Since nothing is absolute, definite, or even forever, how could one post those things with a straight face?

Posted by: RedDMV | August 19, 2009 3:28 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: RedDMV | August 19, 2009 3:18 PM | Report abuse

In all honesty, Zorn's hiring to me smelled of Play-doh. What better way to have complete control over a coach than to hire an inexperienced one who probably knows deep inside he wasnt due for this opportunity for years to come. Danny knew what he was doing, pulling strings as usual.

For Zorn, however, this was probably a once in a lifetime offer, so why not? If Zorn can pull it off, great, if not, heck he was just a QB coach coming in after Gibbs, no one would really get upset if he is let go or if he decides to leave. Snyder has complete control over the situation.

Ol' Danny boy obviously wants and needs the control. Only Gibbs was mighty enough in his eyes to relinquish it. As soon as he left, it was time to give the control back to Danny.

this being said, I hope Zorn succeeds to the point where Danny takes a more hands off approach.

Posted by: gatorskinz2000 | August 19, 2009 3:30 PM | Report abuse

FIREJIMZORN - You may notice that no one is feeding your trollage. You may also notice that your repetitive jokes are not funny. You may further notice that you need to find something better to do with your time than posting the same message on a message board once an hour, especially one so ridicuPosted by:

Posted by: Barno1 | August 19, 2009 3:13 PM

Thanks for acknowledging my presence. I will continue my quest to look for Marty S. to replace J-Z when he's fired. Instead of me doing it once a hour. How about I do it 20 times a hour. Don't bother reporting me Mr. I will just log in under a new name repeat the same question. Stop spending so much energy on me and fix your horrible marriage !

DOES ANYONE KNOW MARTY S. EMAIL ADD ?
DOES ANYONE KNOW MARTY S. EMAIL ADD ?
DOES ANYONE KNOW MARTY S. EMAIL ADD ?

Posted by: FIREJIMZORN | August 19, 2009 3:31 PM | Report abuse

Retailer Not Selling Vick Jerseys

"If there's demand for it, we'll sell it."

Posted by: jm220 | August 19, 2009 3:18 PM |

Way to take a principled stand. How about if there's demand for a shirt that says "Hitler was right"? I guess that's why they call themselves Dicks? (Not to be confused with Dik, of course)

Posted by: talent_evaluator | August 19, 2009 3:31 PM | Report abuse

This is the price we pay when Vinny can't bear to admit his draft picks were horrible. Tryon was the one who should have been cut to make room for Carlos Rogers. Losing Leigh Torrance hurt us down the stretch last season and it will hurt us again this season.

Prediction: Justin Tryon will be the Ade Jimoh of 2009.

Posted by: drischord | August 19, 2009 3:31 PM | Report abuse

Look, Zorn was a "gut" hire by Snyder. I have to presume, that as strange as some of the football decisions up there have been, that he is enough of a businessman to realize that there will be a certain growth curve for him. Look at where the league is going right now, Dungy, Chucky, Shanahan, Cowher, Holmgren, Parcells, Gibbs - all out of the league.

There is a new generation of coaches - Do I wish we had the chance to hire Mike Tomlin? Sure. Do I wish there was a Ouija Board or Magic 8 Ball that said "yes, Jim Zorn is the right young coach to hire"

But Snyder made a bold move, and we're going to have to wait until at least the end of this season to see if it pays off - 8-8 isn't too shabby for a first year coach, and say what you will about the end of the season, he got a lot of things right at the front end.

Posted by: JohnDinHouston | August 19, 2009 3:32 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | August 19, 2009 3:14 PM | Report abuse

For people that diss on CR for the double move take a look at asante this guy jumps routes so often i am amazed that they dont double move him every time, ive never seen him int a ball where he didnt jump the route.
Also Quinton Jammer is overrated, Bailey is old.
Finnegan is a beast, Revis might be the best guy on this list (Posted by: bernard_thompson | August 19, 2009 3:00 PM) 5 years from now. Obv namdi is the best.

Posted by: Stu27 | August 19, 2009 3:35 PM | Report abuse

bean, I've become immune to the SOP over at Redskins Park so much that if they did fire Zorn after one year, I would've shrugged and suggested that they could have done worse.

And they probably could have, hell they have done worse.

I hear where you're coming from though...

Posted by: RedDMV | August 19, 2009 3:36 PM | Report abuse

Forget the Superbowl, we're goin' to the Hyperbole

... maps...

Posted by: DikShuttle | August 19, 2009 3:37 PM | Report abuse

DOES ANYONE KNOW MARTY S. EMAIL ADD ?
DOES ANYONE KNOW MARTY S. EMAIL ADD ?
DOES ANYONE KNOW MARTY S. EMAIL ADD ?

Posted by: FIREJIMZORN | August 19, 2009 3:31 PM

If you are actually trying to accomplish something or get through to someone that cares and/or matters you're probably at the wrong blog to do it. What you are actually doing is being annoying. I would say that it is you who has the troubled marriage hence your attempts at generating attention here. In other words ITA.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | August 19, 2009 3:37 PM | Report abuse

ATTENTION: DO NOT FEED THE VIRGIN TROLL. HE WHO WILL NOT BE NAMED.

That is all.

Posted by: Rypien11 | August 19, 2009 3:37 PM | Report abuse

Home playoff games in front of 90,000+ at Fed Ex...I can't wait.

Posted by: Barno1 | August 19, 2009 2:40 PM

I'm thinking it's because the guy was very, very stupid. But I hope you're right Barno.

Posted by: mack1 | August 19, 2009 3:41 PM | Report abuse

Prediction: Justin Tryon will be the Ade Jimoh of 2009.

Posted by: drischord | August 19, 2009 3:31 PM | Report abuse

...and that's an insult to Jimoh!

Posted by: rbpalmer | August 19, 2009 3:42 PM | Report abuse

ATTENTION: DO NOT FEED THE VIRGIN TROLL. HE WHO WILL NOT BE NAMED.

That is all.

Posted by: Rypien11 | August 19, 2009 3:37 PM | Report abuse

THANKS BUDDIE !

Hey Rypien11!! Do you have Marty S. email? ADD

Posted by: FIREJIMZORN | August 19, 2009 3:46 PM | Report abuse

Sex:

[ ] Male
[ ] Female
[ ] Other

?

Posted by: DikShuttle | August 19, 2009 1:45 PM

[] Way less than I should get (I'm married)

Posted by: dcsween | August 19, 2009 3:46 PM | Report abuse

oh, yes - I forgot to point out that Schottenhiemer is not coaching either - Oddly enough, Schottenhiemer is not that hard to spell. I think if you wanted him to coach the team, you'd learn how to spell his name.

Posted by: JohnDinHouston | August 19, 2009 3:47 PM | Report abuse

Zorn wasn't ever going to be a head coach in the NFL in my opinion. Isn't he like 52 or something already?

Zorn just got this job last year, which means that he should have been an offensive coordinator for at least, what, 3-5 season first?

Putting him close to pushing 60 by that time. How many head coaches get their first shot at coaching when they're damn near 60?

Zorn was supposed to be an assistant his entire NFL coaching career. He's more suited as a college coach than a NFL coach, again, IMO.

But he's the coach of my favorite football team. Like everyone else I have to deal with it. I'm not saying he should be fired, but I wouldn't be in suicidal rage if he was either.

Posted by: RedDMV | August 19, 2009 3:48 PM | Report abuse

[] Way less than I should get (I'm married)

Posted by: dcsween | August 19, 2009 3:46 PM

You probably don't take her out to brunch enough.

Posted by: talent_evaluator | August 19, 2009 3:49 PM | Report abuse

wait... Schottenhiemer? not heimer?!

Like Thiesman to Theisman? When will this country decide on a uniform pronunciation of the 'ei' vowel conjunction?!?

lol@sween

Posted by: DikShuttle | August 19, 2009 3:50 PM | Report abuse

I think it's unfair to Colt to have him play behing 2nd and 3rd string O-Linemen. Ket him play with the starters for a quarter of two so he can show how he can play!
Oh the address for Marty S is: Po Box FUK u, Fire Jim Zorn
A-hole US

Posted by: KurtShanaman | August 19, 2009 3:50 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: JohnDinHouston | August 19, 2009 3:47 PM

And if you can't learn to spell his name, just fire his azz.

Posted by: talent_evaluator | August 19, 2009 3:50 PM | Report abuse

well, the intergoogles say hiemer

Posted by: JohnDinHouston | August 19, 2009 3:51 PM | Report abuse

t_e_, pwned.

I'm also guessing that JReid paraphrased Blache's dog quotes. The adage is "If you want to run with the big dogs, you gotta learn how to pee in the tall grass."

Finally, I have a disability and I don't want it ridiculed up here. I have Wal-Mart A.D.D. ... and it makes me POO in a box.

Posted by: dcsween | August 19, 2009 3:54 PM | Report abuse

T_E's right... (um, did I say that?!?)

May I recommend Mrs. Kay's on a sunday? Bottomless mimosa leads to topless afternoon!!

Posted by: DikShuttle | August 19, 2009 3:55 PM | Report abuse

I'm buying the green Vick jersey, and the purple Favre jersey.

Authentic. Always authentic. Probably wear them once, and then never wear them again.

Posted by: RedDMV | August 19, 2009 3:55 PM | Report abuse

Dik - as in Mrs K's Toll House?

Posted by: JohnDinHouston | August 19, 2009 3:56 PM | Report abuse

Sex:

[ ] Male
[ ] Female
[ ] Other

This made me think of 'Don't Be A Menace'...

"Sex?"

"Hellll Yeah"

Posted by: RedDMV | August 19, 2009 3:59 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: JohnDinHouston | August 19, 2009 3:47 PM

And if you can't learn to spell his name, just fire his azz.

Posted by: talent_evaluator | August 19, 2009 3:50 PM |

You're telling me how to spell now ? You don't even know to capitalize your first word when starting a paragraph ! Listen this is starting to get nasty. Calm down and just give me the information I'm requesting under this response.

DOES ANYONE HAVE MARTY S. EMAIL ADD ?
DOES ANYONE HAVE MARTY S. EMAIL ADD ?

Posted by: FIREJIMZORN | August 19, 2009 3:59 PM | Report abuse

Bottomless mimosa leads to topless afternoon!!

Posted by: DikShuttle | August 19, 2009 3:55 PM

Except for when the 'Skins are playing the early game, of course.

Posted by: talent_evaluator | August 19, 2009 3:59 PM | Report abuse

topless skins game? hehehehehe like it. RedD - lol.

& yes, JohnD

Posted by: DikShuttle | August 19, 2009 4:01 PM | Report abuse

FIRE JIM ZORN - for the record no one's telling you how to spell. I was saying you're a lazy ass for spending several days posting what's Marty S's e-mail address without taking the short time it would take to find out how to spell his name, in order to make you look like less of a know-nothing, reactionary troll

Posted by: JohnDinHouston | August 19, 2009 4:02 PM | Report abuse

wow - Mrs. K's was the place I would take big dates when I was in high school and early in collge - I was wondering if it still existed.

Posted by: JohnDinHouston | August 19, 2009 4:03 PM | Report abuse

Since we're talking about CBs, I wouldn't mind some more info on Byron Westbrook.

He's been around the team alot longer than Tryon or Barnes.

The only time I hear about him is when he's simulating his brother in practice during Eagles week.

He looked alright in the Ravens game (unless I missed something).

Posted by: p1funk | August 19, 2009 4:05 PM | Report abuse

JohnDinHouston,

Who are you writing to?

Wait for it....

Exactly!

Posted by: mattsoundworld | August 19, 2009 4:06 PM | Report abuse

DOES ANYONE HAVE MARTY S. EMAIL ADD ?
DOES ANYONE HAVE MARTY S. EMAIL ADD ?

Posted by: FIREJIMZORN | August 19, 2009 3:59 PM | Report abuse

I think it is MarsHot@gmail.com, or it could be MartyS@yahoo.com, or it might be Mshot57@aol.com

Posted by: RedskinJim1 | August 19, 2009 4:09 PM | Report abuse

All, I'm not trying to down the man, I love him as a skin but I have encountered DGrenn on about 10 different occasions in a 20 year span. He is very self centered, listen to his HOF speech, "I belong here".. he does... but how many people say that, I can tell you numerous stories about this guy. And Tryon, his pupil, is a Bum, and D Green will not make him into anything, it has to be within Tryon. He has to keep tryon alot harder I might add.

Posted by: 15600_sknfan | August 19, 2009 4:09 PM | Report abuse

He's been around the team alot longer than Tryon or Barnes.

He looked alright in the Ravens game (unless I missed something).

Posted by: p1funk | August 19, 2009 4:05 PM | Report abuse

Westbrook = Bum

His brother took most about 90% of the talent genes in the family

Posted by: 15600_sknfan | August 19, 2009 4:11 PM | Report abuse

I just made a mild funny in my brain by merging two names into "Schottenheimerdinger." And then googled that silly joke name to find it's already been written on the internet. Ah, well.

Posted by: NateinthePDX | August 19, 2009 4:12 PM | Report abuse

He's been around the team alot longer than Tryon or Barnes.

He looked alright in the Ravens game (unless I missed something).

Posted by: p1funk | August 19, 2009 4:05 PM | Report abuse

I honestly think he was the one or definitly one of those Zorn was calling SOFT

Posted by: 15600_sknfan | August 19, 2009 4:12 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: RedskinJim1 | August 19, 2009 4:09 PM | Report abuse

Just tried those, the mailer DEMON sent them back ! Any other bright ideas JERK!

DOES ANYONE KNOW MARTY S. EMAIL ADD ?

Posted by: FIREJIMZORN | August 19, 2009 4:13 PM | Report abuse

Westbrook = Bum

His brother took most about 90% of the talent genes in the family

Posted by: 15600_sknfan | August 19, 2009 4:11 PM | Report abuse
-----------------------------------------

I doubt Brian Westbrook would make a good CB. Byron's problem was that he pursued CB into college. If he had converted to RB, the 'talent' spread would probably actually be a lot smaller.

Posted by: mattsoundworld | August 19, 2009 4:14 PM | Report abuse

Discussing replacing Zorn now = power rankings.

That said, after talking to the guys they were thinking about hiring as head coach, The Owner and EVP knew one thing for certain ... that Zorn would be coming to install his offense as the coordinator. All signs pointed to Zorn as offensive coordinator ... well before any signs pointed anywhere on head coach. Zorn's offense. Zorn's offense. Zorn's offense. Done deal well before the end of the long strange trip of the HC search.

Self-respecting individuals do not want the job. Cowher wouldn't want it. Grimm wouldn't want it. Why? He's 5'8" with grown up glasses, wet look hair, and suit. That's why. Only the truly desperate to get back into coaching, probably to redeem their legacy after a quick start (Fassel, probably Shanahan) would want the job. Self-respect? No, vanity. The other guy who would take the job is a guy who want to avoid upsetting his new boss and might want to be a head coach some day too, which is how Zorn ended up here.

ANYBODY HAVE FASSEL EMAIL ADD?

Posted by: dcsween | August 19, 2009 4:14 PM | Report abuse

DOES ANYONE KNOW MARTY S. EMAIL ADD ?

Posted by: FIREJIMZORN | August 19, 2009 4:13 PM | Report abuse

The answer is "NO".

No one knows "MARTY S. EMAIL ADD".

OK?

Now stop being a tool and junking up the posts with your question.

Bye.

Posted by: p1funk | August 19, 2009 4:18 PM | Report abuse

ANYBODY HAVE FASSEL EMAIL ADD?

Posted by: dcsween

Stop being such an enabler.

ANYONE HAVE URBAN MEYER EMAIL ADD?

Posted by: Kenbeatrizz | August 19, 2009 4:18 PM | Report abuse

We currently have a head coach who has both offensive coordinator (playcalling) and head coaching experience……

Posted by: dlhaze1 | August 19, 2009 4:20 PM | Report abuse

beep

Posted by: p1funk | August 19, 2009 4:20 PM | Report abuse

"The fact remains that Carlos was our third best corner last year and doesn't belong on anyone's top 10 list. I'm okay with the fact that we threw $ at DHall because he's a better player than Carlos. So was a healthy Shawn Springs, as Bill Belichick would tell you.

Posted by: Kenbeatrizz"

The fact remains that Carlos Rogers IS on 2 Top 10 lists from last year from football analysts paid for their opinion, that both of the supposed 'better' CBs were cut in the last year while Rogers remained a steady presence, that Rogers received more starts and snaps than either of the 'better' CBs for the #4 defense, that the Redskins actually have a winning record when Carlos Rogers starts (surprise!) and a losing record when he does not, and that when the 'better' CBs were starting over him the defense let up 47 pts against CIN and SF (two teams that finished up worse overall than the Redskins).

And I'm okay with Hall getting paid as well. Not because he's better than Rogers (which he isn't), but because this defense will be nasty with 2 top-level corners.

Posted by: psps23 | August 19, 2009 4:22 PM | Report abuse

Westbrook = Bum

His brother took most about 90% of the talent genes in the family

Posted by: 15600_sknfan | August 19, 2009 4:11 PM | Report abuse
-----------------------------------------

Posted by: mattsoundworld | August 19, 2009 4:14 PM | Report abuse

This is the NFL. He's about to get cut. If it were me and if what your saying were true, I'd be running the rock right now.

To be honest I know them both, hes not like his brother. They are my dads cousins, I don't know them well, just met them before and I knew all about Brian at the time, and his brother was just joining the team

Posted by: 15600_sknfan | August 19, 2009 4:24 PM | Report abuse

sween, I didn't see anyone discussing replacing Jim Zorn.

DOES ANYONE KNOW MARTY S. EMAIL ADD ?

Posted by: FIREJIMZORN

Could you all stop messing with this guy. I assume most here is gainfully employed, what is the email work for most of you?

First initial followed by last name @ your job, company, or whatever right?

MSchottenheimer@Theresagleam.biz

Posted by: RedDMV | August 19, 2009 4:25 PM | Report abuse

YOU CAN'T ASKED A QUESTION IN A SENTENCE JERK !

Posted by: RedDMV | August 19, 2009 4:25 PM

Why can't we have a professional discussion about the firing of J-Z ? Can't understand why so many intelligent men can't up with a freak in EMAIL ADD !

Once again !

Does anyone have MARTY S. email ADD ?
Does anyone have MARTY S. email ADD ?
Does anyone have MARTY S. email ADD ?

Posted by: FIREJIMZORN | August 19, 2009 4:35 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: 15600_sknfan | August 19, 2009 4:09 PM
=============================================
I have met DGreen about 5 times and each time I spoke with a pretty cool down to earth guy. About the third or fourth time I spoke with him, he was fixing a flat on his old VW bug. Definitely a perfect time to be a pr!ck, but he wasn't. I can't say the man was self centered on any of the occasions I met him, but you never know.

Posted by: clark202 | August 19, 2009 4:57 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: 15600_sknfan | August 19, 2009 4:09 PM
=============================================

Posted by: clark202 | August 19, 2009 4:57 PM | Report abuse

Yea! Thats good on ya, cause everytime we've crossed paths he looked at me as if I were some little black kid desperate for an autograph. I got this impression at least 5 times that I can remember vividly. I like him as a player as I do all of the Skins though.

Posted by: 15600_sknfan | August 19, 2009 5:08 PM | Report abuse

Redskins Fan Base Declaration of 2009
______________________________________

1) Redskins are the worst team in the NFL forever.
2) Redskins need a new owner, a new general manager, a new head coach, a

4) Redskins are worst than all other NFL teams

5) All other NFL teams have better owners, coaches and players

HTTR

Posted by: peaceful2008 | August 19, 2009 5:08 PM | Report abuse

Just watched the Skins pre-season game... We really stink.

Oher was given a round 2 grade by our FO yet beat every Redskin DL that was in front of him.

I now see what Zorn meant when he said there was a general lack of effort out there - there was....

Buzzbee and Mason are the only players that look like they are fighting for a roster spot. The rest of the players seem to hope that the coaches keep them based on their reputation.

Pathetic effort.

Posted by: oldnova | August 19, 2009 5:11 PM | Report abuse

martschottenheimelickszornsballs@lovedickcheneyscrack.com

Posted by: peaceful2008 | August 19, 2009 5:19 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Rypien11 | August 19, 2009 2:33

Posted by: Barno1 | August 19, 2009 3:13 PM

There is a thin line between insanity and some Skins fan. The question is why are some morons calling for Zorn's head at the beginning of his 2nd year? Thank goodness none of these misinformed dumb heads are in any position of power to effect any change. It seems like some idiots just write whatever comes to their insane mind without any mind to brain co-ordination. Yeah right, fire Jim Zorn with less than a month to season opener? Anyone who further post such nonsense should do everyone a favor and check into "psycho-rehab" or such individual should jail his own mother for giving him such an idiotic and useless brain.
Even the almighty Joe Gibbs did not perfect his art until 2nd season, why should Zorn be any different?

Posted by: abxinc | August 19, 2009 10:54 AM |