Tryon Puts Rocky Rookie Season Behind Him

Cornerback Justin Tryon quickly got off to a rough start with the Redskins after being selected in the fourth round of the 2008 draft.

In an introductory conference call with reporters, Tryon immediately inserted his foot into his mouth, making bold predictions about taking a starting job from one of the team's veteran corners, among other things. His comments were so outrageous that even the loquacious Fred Smoot thought the kid had said too much, prompting Smoot to pull Tryon aside for some sage counseling.

"I told him, 'You can't come in here like that,' " Smoot, who has mentored Tryon, recalled recently. "The young fella knew he made a mistake, and I just let him know his teammates are here for him. But you just have to let your play do the talking."

And that didn't go so well, either.

Tryon, listed at 5-feet-9 and 183 pounds, often appeared overmatched in coverage last preseason. He mostly played special teams and had little impact defensively.

Humbled by his experience as a rookie, Tryon said he did not rest long in the offseason. "I worked a whole lot in the offseason on my footwork, my hand placement and getting in and out of my breaks," he said. "I was just trying to be faster on the field than when I first came along," he said. "It's coming along, slowly but surely."

Tryon has made a marked improvement from this time last year, coaches and players said. He has appeared much more comfortable in the Skins' defensive scheme and confident with his technique.

"To me, Justin did the right thing to do, which is going on and working on stuff in the offseason that is going to keep you good," cornerback coach Jerry Gray said. "A lot of times, guys take time off and act like, 'Well, I can just get it back when I need it.' Well, if you've got to get that back, then that means work. And if you don't work, you're not getting it back 'til over a longer period of time.

"Justin is on his way to getting ready to go and play well in the preseason and be ready to go during in the regular season. That's what you want. You don't want to have to play catch-up or say, 'Well, I'm going to get ready during preseason. Tryon has done a tremendous job. Am I afraid to go play him? No. When a guy shows me he's going to work hard in the offseason, he's going to deserve chances to go out there and play."

In Saturday's intrasquad scrimmage at Redskins Park, Tryon intercepted one of Jason Campbell's passes. He also was called for pass interference.

"The game is slowing down for me," Tryon said. "Just with everything, my mind was kind of swirling last year. Now, I'm recognizing route concepts and I'm just trying to jump routes and play smart."

Said Smoot: "You can see the young fella is getting it now."

Barring injury or other unforeseen circumstances, DeAngelo Hall and Carlos Rogers will be the starting corners and Smoot the nickel corner. No one in the organization has told me they envision Tryon becoming a starter, but next season he could fill the spot Smoot currently occupies, one team official told me.

Of course, I'd still prefer to see Tyron do it in games, which, as we all know, is all that matters. But from where this kid was last season, he seems to have come much further faster than I could have imagined.

By Jason Reid  |  August 10, 2009; 11:00 AM ET
Categories:  Jason Reid
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Counting Down to Preseason Opener (Updated)
Next: Randy Thomas Unfazed by Health Concerns

Comments

Tryon will have the First interception. Okay, maybe the Second or Third. Or not.

Posted by: talent_evaluator | August 10, 2009 11:03 AM | Report abuse

That's nice and good, but I'm more excited that our starting LT and LG are in pads and preumably practicing than our 4th corner losing the Huggies.

HAIL

Posted by: Notorious_LMG | August 10, 2009 11:06 AM | Report abuse

"...Tryon, listed at 5-feet-9 and 183 pounds, often appeared overmatched in coverage..."

There are hobbits bigger than this guy.

Posted by: MistaMoe | August 10, 2009 11:07 AM | Report abuse

If anyone is on Facebook- please join Washington Redskins fan page. We currently have about 11,000 fans; by way of comparison, there are 3 Cowboy pages with 100,000 or more fans each. Come on Skins Nation.

Posted by: Notorious_LMG | August 10, 2009 11:08 AM | Report abuse

There are hobbits bigger than this guy.

Posted by: MistaMoe | August 10, 2009 11:07 AM

If they're as fast, then we should sign them.

Posted by: talent_evaluator | August 10, 2009 11:09 AM | Report abuse

He's no Leigh Torrence

Posted by: Angelonourshoulders | August 10, 2009 11:09 AM | Report abuse

somewhere cork is pissed about this.....

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | August 10, 2009 11:10 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Notorious_LMG | August 10, 2009 11:08 AM

Which Washington Redskins page? There are about 100 of them. Only one I could recognize (and joined) was Alex's RI Hampsters page. Saw a few familiars up there.

Posted by: talent_evaluator | August 10, 2009 11:11 AM | Report abuse

somewhere cork is pissed about this.....

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | August 10, 2009 11:10 AM

What diff? If it weren't this it'd be something else.

Posted by: talent_evaluator | August 10, 2009 11:13 AM | Report abuse

Uhh it may not scare gray but Tryon on the field in an actual game that matters scares the living SJK out of me.

Posted by: Gweez | August 10, 2009 11:14 AM | Report abuse

hope we are one of them...

Posted by: p1funk | August 10, 2009 10:33 AM

Funk, haven't you learned anything about the way this team operates? If the Redskins had any interest, at all, in Vick, they would already have signed him and he would have played in last Saturday's scrimmage. If he's not signed yet, he will never be signed.

Posted by: talent_evaluator | August 10, 2009 10:50 AM | Report abuse

I understand that is the standard operating procedure of this team. But I think in this situation Snerrato knows they can't use the same tac -

1) Their open pursuit of Culter and then Sanchez, and their subsequent "patching things up" with Campbell, means they have a very short leash to operate with regarding the pursuit of another QB. They need to be suave, down-low, behind-the-scenes and patient.

2) The general PR circus surrounding Vick is something they need to gauge carefully vis-a-vis fans, corporate sponsors, etc.

If they "keep interest" on the down-low and let the preseason play out, and it becomes increasingly obvious to everyone that the line sucks and JC looks terrible, it will give them the excuse they need to "bolster" that position. Especially if one of the QBs gets injured - which looks more and more likely as time goes on with this line.

Posted by: p1funk | August 10, 2009 11:14 AM | Report abuse

Tennessee was very open about why they drafted Young in the first place: his vast upside. He got to play right away on a very strong team and for a while it looked like he was on the fast track. But as an NFL prospect he was never in a class with, say, Jay Cutler; he was always going to have to reinvent the position in order to play it. Maybe he'll do that someday. But Tennessee, at least last year, was better without him.

Posted by: Samson151 | August 10, 2009 10:38 AM | Report abuse

I thought it was silly that VY got to the ProBowl that year, but he did.

Statistically he wasn't great or very good, but he did win games for them, he was confident, decisive, passionate; he really did rally that team. That's part of what makes the drop-off alarming b/c it seems like the key thing is that he lost his head/passion for the game.

Posted by: p1funk | August 10, 2009 11:15 AM | Report abuse

"...We currently have about 11,000 fans (on a Facebook page); by way of comparison, there are 3 Cowboy pages with 100,000 or more fans..."

That's a difference of 89,000.

Which means somewhere in America, 89,000 friendless socially disconnected losers adorned in Troy Aikman jersey's have the time to build close relationships via the internet.

And we all know how personal--and loyal-- that is.

Posted by: MistaMoe | August 10, 2009 11:17 AM | Report abuse

And we all know how personal--and loyal-- that is.

Posted by: MistaMoe | August 10, 2009 11:17 AM

Friend me, Moe!

Posted by: talent_evaluator | August 10, 2009 11:23 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: talent_evaluator | August 10, 2009 11:11 AM | Report abuse

Here's a link to the one I'm talkin bout...being the mindless lemming that I am, I joined the one with the most fans

Posted by: Notorious_LMG | August 10, 2009 11:24 AM | Report abuse

"Of course, I'd still prefer to see Tyron do it in games, which, as we all know, is all that matters"

Not so. Anyone who reads this blog can tell you that if you can't pass for at least six TDs in a meaningless early-season scrimmage, you might as well give up and let some guy from Hawaii have a chance.

Posted by: Samson151 | August 10, 2009 11:26 AM | Report abuse

Tryon v. Barnes

How other than height, weight and mouth, how do these guys compare as players?

Barnes hit a guy and made him vomit.

Tryon accomplishes the same feat through his play.

Obviously, each has a skill intended to be applied to anyone who has eaten something he wasn't all that satisfied with.

Posted by: MistaMoe | August 10, 2009 11:27 AM | Report abuse

... That's part of what makes the drop-off alarming b/c it seems like the key thing is that he lost his head/passion for the game.

Posted by: p1funk | August 10, 2009 11:15 AM

That's my sense of it too. He was losing his marbles (that stuff about maybe being a suicide risk, maybe quitting football ... sounds like some medication might have been in order). I'm certain he'll be back once Kerry Collins fades again, which he will. Its just that you don't pull a solid starter when he's on a roll. To me, its Collin's job until he Brunells-out ... and then he's off to be some other team's second QB.

Posted by: dcsween | August 10, 2009 11:27 AM | Report abuse

Is the Hamster page picking up now that camp has started. I haven't been back recenlty

Posted by: Original_etrod | August 10, 2009 11:27 AM | Report abuse

Tryon v. Barnes

How other than height, weight and mouth, how do these guys compare as players?

Barnes hit a guy and made him vomit.

Tryon accomplishes the same feat through his play.

Posted by: MistaMoe | August 10, 2009 11:27 AM | Report abuse

Tryon = Smoot 2.0

Barnes = Rogers 2.0

Posted by: p1funk | August 10, 2009 11:29 AM | Report abuse

Tag me, Moe!!

Posted by: Notorious_LMG | August 10, 2009 11:32 AM | Report abuse

Tryon v. Barnes

How other than height, weight and mouth, how do these guys compare as players?

Barnes hit a guy and made him vomit.

Tryon accomplishes the same feat through his play.

Posted by: MistaMoe | August 10, 2009 11:27 AM | Report abuse

That is some funny mierda

Posted by: Notorious_LMG | August 10, 2009 11:35 AM | Report abuse

Here is the Redskins Insider Hamster Page link. Always happy to have a few more.

Posted by: alex35332 | August 10, 2009 11:39 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: mrlowery1 | August 10, 2009 11:39 AM | Report abuse

yeah, that's really a big difference between Texans and residents of the DMV. Down here, everyone will get their marching orders and move like lemmings in one direction (i.e. Cowboys facebook page)Up in the DMV, folks will want to find the special vegetarian, right wing, atheist Facebook site for the Redskins, so that they can represent based on their special individual needs...

Posted by: JohnDinHouston | August 10, 2009 11:40 AM | Report abuse

O_E,
The page was not really meant than anything more then what I said, a way for RIers to find one another on FB.

Posted by: alex35332 | August 10, 2009 11:41 AM | Report abuse

I like this group too. "I bet I can find 1,000,000 people who hate the Dallas Cowboys". It is only around 65,000 members so please join it.

Posted by: mrlowery1 | August 10, 2009 11:41 AM | Report abuse

good stuff alex and lowery, thanks for the links. I'm already on the 1,000,000 'boys haters but will check out the RI page to see what you degenerates really look like...nice to put a face to the handle

Posted by: Notorious_LMG | August 10, 2009 11:45 AM | Report abuse

I know I'm one of the few Neanderthals out there who don't Facebook...

...but let's not turn RI into a Facebook networking site.

If you want a Skins Facebook page, go one Facebook and find it...

Let's keep posts up here on track with the usual stuff: crappy O-line, signing Vick, sweet defense, etc.

Posted by: p1funk | August 10, 2009 11:45 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: alex35332 | August 10, 2009 11:41 AM

It doesn't work. Everyone is using phony names on Facebook. You aren't but the rest of those (us) stiffs are imposters.

Posted by: talent_evaluator | August 10, 2009 11:46 AM | Report abuse

Trust me as the owner of the group. I am not one of the jerks that abuses it to death. Those guys and the mafia wars guys, I don't like.

Posted by: alex35332 | August 10, 2009 11:47 AM | Report abuse

LMG - If you figure out who is who (with the exceptions of the obvious, like me), let me know! I've been a member of 1,000,000 Cowboy haters for awhile too. I also get the Redskins fan wave sometimes too, but I have no idea where/how I get that.

Posted by: suzannepdc | August 10, 2009 11:47 AM | Report abuse

t_e - what's your phony name, Vinny Cerrato?

Posted by: JohnDinHouston | August 10, 2009 11:47 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Notorious_LMG

-----------------------------------------
The Skins page I joined was run by some idiot who decided it would be cool to post a picture of Jesus with the comment "Pray for a great Skins season."

Posted by: isnadd | August 10, 2009 11:48 AM | Report abuse

P.S. Sign Vick!

Posted by: p1funk | August 10, 2009 11:48 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: talent_evaluator | August 10, 2009 11:46 AM | Report abuse

I don't know what you're talking about. How come no one ever believes my real name is Haywood Jablowme?

Posted by: Original_etrod | August 10, 2009 11:49 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: isnadd | August 10, 2009 11:48 AM | Report abuse

*******************************
That's hysterical!

Posted by: suzannepdc | August 10, 2009 11:50 AM | Report abuse

Well I give ChRIsLarry credit that he is consistent.

Posted by: alex35332 | August 10, 2009 11:50 AM | Report abuse

I know I'm one of the few Neanderthals out there who don't Facebook...

Posted by: p1funk |

It's so easy a Caveman could do it.

Posted by: talent_evaluator | August 10, 2009 11:54 AM | Report abuse

Come to think of it, Cindy is there any way that the RI fan page can get a link on RI? I would gladly give you guys administrator rights or whatever.

Posted by: alex35332 | August 10, 2009 11:59 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: alex35332 | August 10, 2009 11:59 AM

Post wouldn't be interested in this unless they could run ads, banners, pop ups, roll overs, etc.

Posted by: talent_evaluator | August 10, 2009 12:01 PM | Report abuse

If I go to Facebook, I'll get divorce papers - BUT QUICK! lmao.

Posted by: DikShuttle | August 10, 2009 12:09 PM | Report abuse

Boy, I was on the last thread stewing in my own venom and all of a sudden there were no more comments coming in. What happened?

Posted by: brownwood26 | August 10, 2009 12:10 PM | Report abuse

Did someone forget to Beep Brownie? not rite, maan... not rite. lol.

Posted by: DikShuttle | August 10, 2009 12:11 PM | Report abuse

I still can't belive we haven't signed Runyan as insurance. Is he insisting on a multi-year deal or something? I wouldn't want him as a starter anymore, but he seems like an abvious choice for a 1-year deal to fill in a game or two if Heyer get banged up.

I'm kind of glad they're holding R. THomas out this week. If Rineheart can hold up against Baltimore, that will show me something.

Posted by: LiberalMike | August 10, 2009 12:12 PM | Report abuse

The Redskins are about to have one of their worst seasons since Richie Petibon's, and y'all can only talk about facebook?

NO offensive line.

NO Corners.

A running back who has been BATTERED the last 4 years.

A QB with shakey confidence.

This team will be lucky to score the 17 per game they scored last season.

Has Danny "There Were 29,000 People there" Snyder traded next years first round pcik yet?

Posted by: Leeguru | August 10, 2009 12:13 PM | Report abuse

"...I know I'm one of the few Neanderthals out there who don't Facebook..."

I don't Facebook and live in a house filled with Facebookers.

They say they are staying in touch with the people most important to them, which is why we never do anything together as a family.

Last Christmas, they emailed each other pictures of the stuff they meant to buy as gifts but didn't as going to the mall meant they'd lose time needed to update their Facebook account with holiday family fun photos they didn't have.

When I complained to mrsmoe about how the computer was ruining our sex life, she emailed a picture of her having it with a guy in a Bill Gates' Halloween mask.

"You're a pc," the caption read. "And the guy in the photo, well, he's a mack."

Posted by: MistaMoe | August 10, 2009 12:13 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: brownwood26 | August 10, 2009 12:10 PM

Go back over there. We'll get back to you. We're planning what to say over here and if you come in you'll ruin the surprise. Keep your eyes closed!

Posted by: talent_evaluator | August 10, 2009 12:14 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: LiberalMike | August 10, 2009 12:12 PM

Runyon has not been medically cleared to play football. What kind of "insurance" can you get by hiring a guy who can't suit up?

Posted by: talent_evaluator | August 10, 2009 12:16 PM | Report abuse

"No one in the organization has told me they envision Tryon becoming a starter, but next season he could fill the spot Smoot currently occupies, one team official told me."
-------------------------------------------
You mean the spot we drafted Barnes to fill?

This only makes sense if they are planning to let Carlos go.

"he seems to have come much further faster than I could have imagined"
------------------------------------------

2nd comment you have made about being surprised one of our rookies from last year has improved...did you expect him to suck WORSE?

It would be MORE surprising if these guys DIDN'T show a big leap from Year 1 to Year 2.

Is it really the fact that these guys are working hard to get better that surprises you? Or maybe the fact that the FO didn't "BLOW IT" last year as badly as you would like to opine that they did?

Posted by: McMetal | August 10, 2009 12:20 PM | Report abuse

Tryon = Smoot 2.0

Barnes = Rogers 2.0

Posted by: p1funk | August 10, 2009 11:29 AM

I gathered the same thing about Barnes and his dropsies (thinking about taking it home before he gets it past the cashier).

Posted by: dcsween | August 10, 2009 12:20 PM | Report abuse

I know I'm one of the few Neanderthals out there who don't Facebook...

Posted by: p1funk |

It's so easy a Caveman could do it.

Posted by: talent_evaluator | August 10, 2009 11:54 AM | Report abuse

It's so easy, talent_evaluator can do it (well, maybe not).

Posted by: CBT2 | August 10, 2009 12:24 PM | Report abuse

"....I still can't belive we haven't signed Runyan as insurance...."

The non-signing of Jon Runyan is irrelevant.

The dissing of the offensive linemen in the past couple of drafts is relevant.

But in light of the issues with R Thomas, burning a 5th round pick on D Robinson, for example, would've been the best insurance policy for all involved.

But what's done is done.

Posted by: MistaMoe | August 10, 2009 12:25 PM | Report abuse

And Runyun could be on the verge on signing with Philly, whose new RT can't get on the field due to back problems...

Posted by: 4thFloor | August 10, 2009 12:25 PM | Report abuse

Up in the DMV, folks will want to find the special vegetarian, right wing, atheist Facebook site for the Redskins, so that they can represent based on their special individual needs ...

Posted by: JohnDinHouston | August 10, 2009 11:40 AM

Wait, are you suggesting that the peeps posting on RI are NOT already all right wing, vegetarian, atheists? Otherwise, I don't see any point in starting a seperate group off-site.

If I can't post among like-minded right wing, vegetarian, atheist, Skins fans like myself up here, then I'm not posting anymore!

Posted by: dcsween | August 10, 2009 12:27 PM | Report abuse

Runyan is going to be back in Philly as soon as he's cleared to play again. They got line problems worse than the Skins.

Posted by: dcsween | August 10, 2009 12:28 PM | Report abuse

Sween - I assure you that the great majority of RI posters are in fact, right wing vegetarians. The atheist part, I think will be determined the first time it's 4th and goal with 15 seconds left and the 'Skins have the ball, down by 4.

Posted by: JohnDinHouston | August 10, 2009 12:29 PM | Report abuse

Redskins Studs and Duds
By: John Keim
Examiner Staff Writer
08/10/09 11:54 AM EDT

Studs

LB London Fletcher. Blew up a couple screens to the right flat. Once, he drilled fullback Eddie Williams, laying him flat.

LB Robert Thomas. Came up strong on a goal-line play to stop Ladell Betts off the edge. Another time he drove Williams back on a block. But Thomas must show better in coverage.

WR Malcolm Kelly. One play showed what he could do for a QB. Jason Campbell threw wide to Kelly over the middle. With other receivers, it would have been an incompletion. With Kelly, it was a chance for a nice catch. He stretched his arms wide to make the grab. He could do this more, but only if he stays healthy.

CB Fred Smoot. They tried to get him deep, going against Marques Hagans. But Hagans never came close to getting past him. Smoot made an easy pick downfield off Campbell.

DE Jeremy Jarmon. Did a nice job getting inside Scott Burley. Jarmon plays with good balance and leverage, which is why he beats a lot of the backups.

DE Lorenzo Alexander. Starting to flash more these days. In the full-team work, got off Derrick Dockery to stuff a run. Also got the better of him in one-on-one drills.

RT Mike Williams. The big fella had his issues in pass blocking; his hands MUST be more consistent. Yes, it deserves all caps. But in the run-blocking full-team work he once buried Rob Jackson and later Antonio Dixon. But just remember: One won't make the roster and the other one is on the fringe.

DT Kedric Golston. Kept beating the backups, especially RG Chad Rinehart.

Posted by: TWISI | August 10, 2009 12:31 PM | Report abuse

Duds

FB Eddie Williams. Needs to beef up to become a better lead blocker. Had a couple times today where he was involved in loud collisions on lead blocks, but he did not budge his man -- and on one occasion the defender beat him to the spot. Once, it was safety Lendy Holmes he collided with and he could not move Holmes. He has potential, but right now he's practice squad material.

RB Clinton Portis. OK, we're being tough here. But during individual drills, Portis helped out by throwing a swing pass to Marcus Mason. But Portis shotput the ball. An ugly shotput at that.

LG Derrick Dockery. In the one-on-one drill, allowed Lorenzo Alexander to shoot past him because he lunged for him (an old habit). Dock got him on the next play, but he must be more consistent.

RG Randy Thomas. We offer this excuse for Thomas: it was his first time doing this in a few days. Golston got past him once and then Alexander did another time. Thomas has looked better, but, again, first time back. In the nine-on-nine work, allowed Jarmon to get inside.

LG D'Anthony Batiste. Not sure what he was doing wrong in the full-team work, but I do know that Joe Bugel kept yelling at him, ''You're doing the same thing over and over!'' And that's not good.

S Kareem Moore. Blew the coverage in a goal-line drill because he went with the wrong guy. Gotta know it better.

TE Fred Davis. Actually had a decent day, but he dropped a perfect pass from Todd Collins in the back of the end zone. Had to reach up for it and had a defender a yard in front of him, but the ball was there.

LT Devin Clark/RG Chad Rinehart. The daily double.

Posted by: TWISI | August 10, 2009 12:31 PM | Report abuse

"Texas town appeals ruling allowing man to sacrifice goats"

I really do love my adopted home state.

Posted by: JohnDinHouston | August 10, 2009 12:31 PM | Report abuse

It's so easy, talent_evaluator can do it (well, maybe not).

Posted by: CBT2 | August 10, 2009 12:24 PM

I just picked up a new friend while I'm waiting. I'm up to two now. How many you got, homey? I tried to friend you but there are over 500 CBT2's on Facebook and I can't handle that much friendship. I'm aiming for around six.

Posted by: talent_evaluator | August 10, 2009 12:32 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: JohnDinHouston | August 10, 2009 12:29 PM

No self-respecting right wing vegetarian Skins fan believes in a diety. That's just crazy talk.

Posted by: dcsween | August 10, 2009 12:33 PM | Report abuse

How about Sonny Jurgenson as Supreme Being?

Posted by: JohnDinHouston | August 10, 2009 12:36 PM | Report abuse

Don't we have a 2 QB-RB's? I thot Rock could throw it, and we KNOW ARE can...

Posted by: DikShuttle | August 10, 2009 12:36 PM | Report abuse

P.S. Sign Vick!

Posted by: p1funk | August 10, 2009 12:38 PM | Report abuse

Two more eagles are hurt, Kolb and trent cole left practice today.

I guess there theme for the year will be " Drop down and get you Eagle on"

Posted by: GreatOne1 | August 10, 2009 12:38 PM | Report abuse

I'll believe Tryon's return from the ashes when i see it (Hillary's smiling face selling H-bombs to the Indians)..

Posted by: frak | August 10, 2009 12:42 PM | Report abuse

a quick take on JLa's list ... yeah, I'm just getting up here ...

No Jerry Rice? All time TD leader, etc etc etc etc

Ummmmm ....

Posted by: zcezcest1 | August 10, 2009 12:42 PM | Report abuse

Was Ade Jimoh the worst CB to ever actually play in a game for the Skins?

Posted by: peteywheatstraw | August 10, 2009 12:43 PM | Report abuse

Duds

Posted by: TWISI | August 10, 2009 12:31 PM

I am officially revising my nervous negative vibe about the future of Mike Sellers.

Posted by: dcsween | August 10, 2009 12:43 PM | Report abuse

Was Ade Jimoh the worst CB to ever actually play in a game for the Skins?

Posted by: peteywheatstraw | August 10, 2009 12:43 PM

"Worst" might be an overstatement ... maybe "best at playing badly."

Posted by: dcsween | August 10, 2009 12:45 PM | Report abuse

beep beep

Posted by: dcsween | August 10, 2009 12:49 PM | Report abuse

talent_evaluator

"...I'm still waiting for Mr. Moe to friend me. Maybe Mrs. Moe would be better, although I'm a PC..."

Explain, "...friend me...".

I'm between powerpoint directed meetings at work and snuck out to review posts, slurp coffee, and put on my Bill Gates Halloween mask.

'Cuz as you all know, I'm a mack.

Posted by: MistaMoe | August 10, 2009 12:49 PM | Report abuse

a quick take on JLa's list ... yeah, I'm just getting up here ...

No Jerry Rice? All time TD leader, etc etc etc etc

Ummmmm ....

Posted by: zcezcest1 | August 10, 2009 12:42 PM | Report abuse

That's true.

Jerry Rice is pretty much the Jim Brown of wide receivers.

No one will ever sniff Rice's career/all-time records.

Posted by: p1funk | August 10, 2009 12:50 PM | Report abuse

Let's goooo Yankees!!!!!

OOOooopppsssss...............!!

Wrong blog.

Posted by: MistaMoe | August 10, 2009 12:52 PM | Report abuse

"Again, V Cerrato claimed after the last draft that there were no lineman worthy of selecting...But what's done is done.Posted by: MistaMoe'

I wish you meant that.

Posted by: Samson151 | August 10, 2009 1:02 PM | Report abuse

There are hobbits bigger than this guy.

Posted by: MistaMoe | August 10, 2009 11:07 AM |
=========================================

Can you imagine if he was....say...5'8" and 185 pounds!!!??? Oh wait, that was Darrell Green wasn't it!!! I guess it's more about the quality than the quantity!!

Posted by: dkidwell61 | August 10, 2009 1:24 PM | Report abuse

Was Ade Jimoh the worst CB to ever actually play in a game for the Skins?

Posted by: peteywheatstraw | August 10, 2009 12:43 PM |
===================================

My vote would have to be for Brian Davis!!

Posted by: dkidwell61 | August 10, 2009 1:32 PM | Report abuse

Hey guys...I have been gone for a long while...with the season ramping up I had to check in. I left because of Jason LaCanforna or whatever the hell his name was. Is it safe to say he is gone? What happened to him?

Posted by: 44riggosranger44 | August 10, 2009 3:27 PM | Report abuse