Zorn knows a hot QB when he sees one

Quarterback Drew Brees torched the New England Patriots' defense for five touchdown passes Monday night in the New Orleans Saints' 38-17 victory.

With many young players in key roles, the Patriots' defense is in transition. It's hardly the formidable group it was during the team's Super Bowl runs, but several of the Saints' receivers were well covered Monday.

Brees didn't care. He is playing the quarterback position at an incredible level, and he made many perfect throws to beat tight coverage.

The Redskins have the NFC's top-rated pass defense (they're second in the NFL to the Jets in yards per game--167 to 170.4), at least statistically, but facing Brees and the Saints on Sunday at FedEx Field will be by far the biggest test this season for Gregg Blache's bunch. The Redskins have seven interceptions and 27 sacks; Brees has thrown nine interceptions and been sacked 14 times.

"It really is hard, and I'll tell you how he makes it [hard]," Coach Jim Zorn said of Brees. "He's just going to throw the ball in there when a guy is covered. You have to have the best possible position, and you have to be active when the ball gets there.

"That's the challenge of playing against Drew Brees this year. He's playing really lights out. He's kind of an in-your-face QB right now. He's throwing the ball when a receiver is covered by a DB in an excellent way. If the DB is not active when the ball gets there, the ball is caught."

Brees has had two games in which he did not throw a touchdown pass (against the New York Jets and Buffalo) and two in which he passed for only one touchdown (Miami and Carolina).

By Jason Reid  |  December 4, 2009; 7:53 AM ET
Categories:  Jason Reid
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Haynesworth is likely to be available Sunday
Next: A city feeds off Saints' magical run

Comments

FIRST to say the title of this post sounds extremely gay.

Posted by: brownwood26 | December 4, 2009 8:20 AM | Report abuse

FIRST to say the title of this post sounds extremely gay.

Posted by: brownwood26 | December 4, 2009 8:20 AM

SECOND to agree with you...

Posted by: gixxer998 | December 4, 2009 8:21 AM | Report abuse

I cannot wait to be at that game on Sunday. I love hot QB's...

Posted by: gixxer998 | December 4, 2009 8:22 AM | Report abuse

Here is link below on Zorn that I found that I thought was neat. Jim Zorn is a pretty fasicinating and interesting guy.I like his unorthodox approach to living life.

Posted by: lefthandedslingshot | December 4, 2009 8:23 AM | Report abuse

diesel44

"...I wouldn't trade Orakpo for Oher."

You should look at video of Jason Campbell getting his head hacked off while trying to pass before you say that.

I like Orakpo, too.

So why then draft a guy to play a position you just switched another guy to?

You let Wilson become what Orakpo is.

You draft Oher--or Phil Loadholdt-- and you have a tackle prospect that'll be rated better than either of the guys folks want now.

The team didn't need Brian Orakpo as much as it needed to fortify the offensive line.

Posted by: MistaMoe | December 4, 2009 8:30 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: lefthandedslingshot | December 4, 2009 8:23 AM

The Post had a similar write up on Zorn back when he was hired. Hopefully he enjoys those hobbies on a full-time basis once he's done f-ing the Redskins up.

Posted by: brownwood26 | December 4, 2009 8:30 AM | Report abuse

FIRST to say the title of this post sounds extremely gay.

Posted by: brownwood26 | December 4, 2009 8:20 AM | Report abuse

"Not that there's anything wrong with that..."

Posted by: mattylight | December 4, 2009 8:36 AM | Report abuse

Zorn knows a HOT QB when he sees one:

"His body is hard, and I'll tell you how he makes it [hard]," Coach Jim Zorn said of Brees. "He's just going to put his D*** in there when a guy is u-covered. You have to assume the position, and you have to be active when the D*** gets there.

"That's the challenge of F***ing Drew Brees this year. He's D*** really lights out. He's kind of an D*** in-your-face QB right now. He's throwing his D*** when a A** is covered by another D*** in an excellent way. If the D*** is not active when his D*** gets there, the A** is caught."

Posted by: alex35332 | December 4, 2009 8:38 AM | Report abuse

"Zorn knows a hot QB when he sees one..."

I though this was Tiger Woods' problem?

And I got a better poll:

Select the best cheatin' husband out of the list below:

a. Tiger Woods

b. Bill Clinton

c. Governor Sanford

d. Larry Craig

e. all of the above

Moe goes with Clinton.

We all want what he got that got him in trouble.

I meant the pizza delivery at work, btw.

Posted by: MistaMoe | December 4, 2009 8:46 AM | Report abuse

f. Marion Barry - Technically didn't get caught cheating but Hookers + blow doesn't yield many other results.

Plus thanks to that sting, the phrase "B**** set me up." was added to our collective vocabulary.

Posted by: Original_etrod | December 4, 2009 8:53 AM | Report abuse

Best Cheating Husband

Got to go back a lil, but Brad Pitt would still be my choice. Look at the woman he was with and where he went

Posted by: alex35332 | December 4, 2009 8:57 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Original_etrod | December 4, 2009 8:53 AM | Report abuse

That Phrase now can apply to anyone on the Redskins when referring to Vinny/Danny and this season.

Posted by: alex35332 | December 4, 2009 9:01 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Original_etrod | December 4, 2009 9:04 AM | Report abuse

With you on the Billy Bob factor, but thats why god invented the condom.

Posted by: alex35332 | December 4, 2009 9:06 AM | Report abuse

Billy Bob Thornton got there before I did.

yuck....

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | December 4, 2009 9:09 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Original_etrod | December 4, 2009 9:04 AM

LOL...true talk, dude. I wouldn't want anything Billy Bob touched either. I mean, Angelina's hotter than Jennifer in my book but she just looks like she's carrying some form of STD.

Alex, just a heads up...you can totally say dick on here. I'm pretty sure Jack and his kids are long gone by now.

Posted by: brownwood26 | December 4, 2009 9:18 AM | Report abuse

"I may be in the minority but I'd still take Jennifer over Angelina. I'm more into the girl next door type, plus I wouldn't have to live with the fact that Billy Bob Thornton got there before I did."

I feelya', bro.

Jennifer Aniston is just too sweet to pass up.

Angelina Jolie is kinda like a vampire chick with no shape: pretty in the face, no junk in da trunk.

I like a 'girl next door type' myself.

Why?: I don't have to travel far to hit that thang!!!

You can sneak back into the house and make it seem like you weren't gone that long.

Plus, if you jump in the shower, you can always say, "Oh, I was out doing yard work and I stink."

These simple lessons are the kind of things you'd think Tiger Woods would know.

I mean, we'd find a girl next type to hit.

And all he could find was a tree.

Posted by: MistaMoe | December 4, 2009 9:20 AM | Report abuse

Select the best cheatin' husband out of the list below:

a. Tiger Woods

b. Bill Clinton

c. Governor Sanford

d. Larry Craig

e. all of the above

Posted by: MistaMoe | December 4, 2009 8:46 AM

I don't care who you put on the list, Clinton will ALWAYS be the answer. Dude got a hummer under his deck WHILE ON THE PHONE WITH THE GOVERNOR OF ALABAMA! Do you realize how cool you have to be to pull that off???

Posted by: brownwood26 | December 4, 2009 9:21 AM | Report abuse

mistamoe: "But the team chose to draft Orakpo right around the time it decided to give C Wilson a shot at SLB.So why then draft a guy to play a position you just switched another guy to?You let Wilson become what Orakpo is."

You draft Orakpo, I suppose, because you doubt Wilson will ever be as good a player.

I still don't have a good answer as to why Michael Oher fell to 23. Certainly wasn't for lack of publicity. The Skins were just one of 22 clubs that passed on him.

How good is Oher? Good enough to start for a playoff club, apparently. A future All-Pro? Depends on who you ask.

The consensus is still that Orakpo's future is the brighter. Is that worth waiting another year for a draftable right tackle? Your call.

Posted by: Samson151 | December 4, 2009 9:24 AM | Report abuse

brown,

Have you ever actually tried to call the Governor of Alabama? I am gonna guess he is easier to get on the phone then it would be to get a girl to do the other half of that one.

Posted by: alex35332 | December 4, 2009 9:27 AM | Report abuse

I bet we could find some quality O-Linemen lower on most teams lists but we have to have a scouting department that looks further then Maryland for those types of players.

I would like the Skins to look at some Mid-Major teams or Division 2 schools. Start with schools that have good run games and higher then average grad rates. Lots of gems out there if we had a quality scout fir them things.

Posted by: alex35332 | December 4, 2009 9:32 AM | Report abuse

"On Loadholt: a second-rounder and the 6th OT drafted, he was apparently the Vikes' highest OL choice since 2002."

And if you watch the Oklahoma-Texas game last year, Orakpo owned Loadholt. Loadholt couldnt stop Orakpo to save his life.

Posted by: duncanrobee | December 4, 2009 9:32 AM | Report abuse

Don't the vikes have phil playing right tackle??

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | December 4, 2009 9:35 AM | Report abuse

skinz d is gonna have to bring their a1 game this weekend...corners can't bee peeking in at the backfield, and the DL has to get to Brees, they've gotta move him off the spot...

the offense has to sustain drives...can't be going 3-out...can't be having JC in 3rd and longs....heck, I'd start out with 6 offensive linemen, and just mash the ball down their throats....

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | December 4, 2009 9:46 AM | Report abuse

Hot bagnets, hot cafe au lait, and hot QB. Throw in a little jambalaya and laissez les bon temps roulez!

Now to the important stuff:

"Marion Barry - Technically didn't get caught cheating but Hookers + blow doesn't yield many other results."

True, but then "cocktail waitress" is a pretty common sobriquet in LA for escort, call-girl, pro or whatever other job title you give to a woman who's rockin' it for a payday.

Posted by: InRealAmerica | December 4, 2009 9:46 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: alex35332 | December 4, 2009 9:27 AM

Have you seen Monica Lewinsky? Looks like she sucks dick for fun...

And Greg, Loadholt is the starting RT for Minny. Doing a damn good job of it too.

Posted by: brownwood26 | December 4, 2009 9:52 AM | Report abuse

beeeps

Posted by: PortisPocketsStr8 | December 4, 2009 10:07 AM | Report abuse

Agree - Jennifer Aniston any day over the week over Angelina Jolie. Cheating with Angelina violates two of the conditions or the rules of cheating I typed out below.
----------
Rules for extramarital affairs -
1 - if you get caught deny deny deny. In the words of Shaggy - "wasn't me."

2 - If you did not get caught never confess to it in a bout of guilt. Only makes your lover feel terrible and assuage your conscience. If your lover suspects, deny deny deny.

3 - If you must cheat, cheat with someone substantially hotter than the one you are with. People will be far more forgiving. Exhibit A - Monica Lewinsky - Fat, Ugly Stupid and Weird. If she were only two of the above, Bill may have been forgiven.

4 - Don't cheat with anyone Fat, Stupid, Ugly or Weird or any combination of the above.

5 - If you must cheat, cheat with someone in the equivalent relationship status as yourself, unless you want to end the relationship instead.

6 - The best person to cheat with is always Rosey Palms. She never calls, is always available when you need her, and you can be in a photo with her and no one will care or suspect. And Rosey usually is better than the person you would want to cheat with anyway without any of the luggage or issues. And Rosie takes her clothes to the dry cleaner when they get soiled.
----------
Jennifer any day of the week.

-hgr