Zorn says Randle El is primary punt returner

"Antwaan, I guess he got asked a couple of questions, and he came into my office to talk about it," Zorn said. "I said, 'Well, there's really nothing to talk about. Nothing has changed.' That's how I would bill it. There's no difference."

In an interview Monday, Zorn said the team planned to expand cornerback DeAngelo Hall's role as a punt returner, using him more than Randle El - the primary returner the last four seasons - while also continuing to occasionally turn to top receiver Santana Moss in a change-of-pace role. Zorn said Hall "probably" would handle the first punt return Sunday against the Atlanta Falcons at the Georgia Dome and be used more than Randle El during the game.

"One of the things that's going to happen is we're going to get another guy involved in punt returning and that's going to be DeAngelo," Zorn said Monday. "We're going to try to get him more and more reps. I've been trying to get Santana at least a couple of punt returns a game and I'm going to continue that. You're still going to see Antwaan out there but it'll be a little more flipped as far as the involvement. You're going to see more and more" of Hall.

During his radio Tuesday show on ESPN 980, Zorn acknowledged "the situation has changed." Zorn reiterated that he intends to use Hall, Moss and Randle El, and if Randle El "was purely a punt returner who has had production, he'd probably continue on. ... Not totally his problem, but with some of the production problems that we've had there, I'm starting to interject with other guys."

But Zorn reversed field today, only committing to Hall being "involved. And if he's involved more, it'll be one or two reps. But it's not necessarily a change. It's just an addition to get him more involved. He was last week. Antwaan Randle El is our punt returner. You're going to see Santana Moss, which you have, and you're going to see DeAngelo Hall, who you saw last game, and we'll see what happens."

On his radio show Tuesday, Zorn said he wasn't certain who'd return the first punt Sunday against the Falcons. Asked the same question after practice Wednesday, Zorn said Randle El would return the first punt.

Asked to explain his comments about Randle El on his radio show, Zorn said he never made an official statement regarding the situation. "Remember, I was asked that on every single thing I did yesterday," Zorn said. "I did four or five interviews yesterday. That was the No. 1 question. And I guess what I'm doing is saying there's not as much to it as whatever's been reported."

In Randle El's final year in Pittsburgh, 2005, he averaged 10.2 yards per return. In his first year in Washington, that number dropped to 8.8 yards. In 2007, it was 6.1, and in 2008, it was 6.5. And this year: 5.2 yards on his 11 returns, which does not count his 11 fair catches or his two fumbles.

On Monday, Zorn said part of his reasoning for planning to give Hall a bigger role was because Randle el has "dropped a couple" and the team simply needed more production from the position. "No one gave me the okay that I was going to be back there returning," Hall said after practice. "I got the same reps I normally get. Me, Santana and El split them up, so, you know, no change in order. El goes first, Tana second, I'm third. Same thing."

By Jason Reid  |  November 4, 2009; 4:37 PM ET
Categories:  Jason Reid
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Cooley's progress to be determined Monday
Next: Riggins keeps the pressure on

Comments

This will turn out well...first?

Posted by: walkdwalk | November 4, 2009 4:47 PM | Report abuse

Anyone else?

Posted by: RedDMV | November 4, 2009 4:07 PM | Report abuse

Larry Michael: Jasno and the Haters

Redcoat: The French

Kost: The British

TheCork: Old Age

Bangbros: Jenna retiring

chRIs larRy: F ___________

MTSC: U.S. Americans from The South Africa

Posted by: 4-12 | November 4, 2009 4:47 PM | Report abuse

WTF??? I thought Hall was in (with Santana in spot play) and ARE was out???

Zorn must do mega bong hits when he goes home from Redskins Park every night.

The guy makes no sense at all anymore.

Posted by: MrRedskin21 | November 4, 2009 4:48 PM | Report abuse

Tomorrow's WaPo Sports headline should read:

ZORN UNDERMINES SELF

Posted by: MrRedskin21 | November 4, 2009 4:50 PM | Report abuse

what a joke. zorn deserved to be fired for this decision alone.

Posted by: Salinas1 | November 4, 2009 4:50 PM | Report abuse

wow...I mean...what else can you say....this thing is more of a train-wreck than ever before.....all we can do is sit back, and laugh at this point.....

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | November 4, 2009 4:52 PM | Report abuse

the problem with putting CC on IR next week is that whomever is signed to replace him would have lost at least ten days of learning the playbook.

Now this. Sheesh...

just can't figure out the logic in JZ's decision making...

Posted by: Curzon417 | November 4, 2009 4:55 PM | Report abuse

Where's the hamster league update??

Posted by: 4thFloor | November 4, 2009 4:55 PM | Report abuse

At what point does the team start laughing at itself?

F Randle El Nino

Posted by: gatorskinz2000 | November 4, 2009 4:55 PM | Report abuse

Zorn got Jedi-mind-tricked by Randle El.

Weak @ss bama.

Posted by: psps23 | November 4, 2009 4:55 PM | Report abuse

If randel el keeps the punt return position, its proof that its impossible to play your way out of the starting line up on this team. That goes double for Heyer.

Posted by: james808d | November 4, 2009 4:59 PM | Report abuse

you can add this to the list of reasons I can't respect Jim Zorn as a HC.

Posted by: PortisPocketsStr8 | November 4, 2009 5:00 PM | Report abuse

Eh, it doesn't matter. ARE will receive one punt, then Hall and then Santana. The Falcons will only punt three times on Sunday anyway. Probably for the rest of the games too - except maybe Oakland.

Posted by: charley42 | November 4, 2009 5:00 PM | Report abuse

I would like to apologize to "myself" for allowing "myself" to sit through these crappy, pitiful, high school level redskin offensive performances week after week. I would also like to apologize in advance to "myself" because I'm probably going to be watching this week-end also. I allow "myself" to watch because I'm hoping that something positive (offensively) will happen and it never does. I'm soo sorry, please forgive me (myself. I feel much better now.....until 4pm sunday.... that is.

Posted by: kingpenn1 | November 4, 2009 5:02 PM | Report abuse

I wouldn't be surprised if Cerrato made the call and Zorn is the one that's being looked like a clown. But you know what....good, it will just continue the bad trends this team keeps making and I hope it helps Snyder realize what a bafoon Cerrato etc is/are.

Posted by: irishman20601 | November 4, 2009 5:03 PM | Report abuse

F Zorn. Idiot

Posted by: swalker5 | November 4, 2009 5:03 PM | Report abuse

Circus! That's what they're running out there. Three rings: Snyder in one, Cerrato in another, Zorn in the third.

Posted by: League-Source | November 4, 2009 5:06 PM | Report abuse

Portis to fanz - we know we a disappointment

Camp to fanz - you don't understand

Portis - took the $$$ and ran, a lot better than he has this year

Camp - backup QB next year

Posted by: ElDrano | November 4, 2009 5:11 PM | Report abuse

He's probably pulling a Mangini and keeping the Falcons guessing on who their punt returner will be. I bet the Falcons will be up late worrying about this one. Ugh

Posted by: skinswest | November 4, 2009 5:15 PM | Report abuse

Snyder - apologetic

Fanz - apolectic

RI - WaPothetic

Posted by: ElDrano | November 4, 2009 5:15 PM | Report abuse

Danny Smith for HC!

Posted by: JohnnyRyde | November 4, 2009 5:20 PM | Report abuse

"Coach Jim Zorn today contradicted comments he made the previous two days about the team's punt return situation, saying after practice "nothing has changed" and Antwaan Randle El would remain the team's primary returner."

Hey, when you goose is cooked there ain't much left to do except dick around.

Posted by: ElDrano | November 4, 2009 5:21 PM | Report abuse

MTSC: U.S. Americans from The South Africa

Posted by: 4-12 | November 4, 2009 4:47 PM |

4-12: 2-14

Posted by: League-Source | November 4, 2009 5:21 PM | Report abuse

Danny Smith for HC!

Posted by: JohnnyRyde | November 4, 2009 5:20 PM |

Danny Smith for senior water distribution engineer!

Posted by: ElDrano | November 4, 2009 5:23 PM | Report abuse

Real tight ship you're running there, Coach. Seems consistent with the rest of our current organizational debacle

Posted by: Notorious_LMG | November 4, 2009 5:33 PM | Report abuse

Zorn got Jedi-mind-tricked by Randle El.

Weak @ss bama.

Posted by: psps23 | November 4, 2009 4:55 PM | Report abuse
=============================================
Bama @ss Zorn is.

Posted by: clark202 | November 4, 2009 5:34 PM | Report abuse

Snyder - apologetic

Fanz - apolectic

RI - WaPothetic

Posted by: ElDrano | November 4, 2009 5:15 PM | Report abuse

Zorn - pathetic

Posted by: p1funk | November 4, 2009 5:38 PM | Report abuse

The 4 deadest weights on the squad: CLINTON PORTIS!!!! Vinny the anchor Cerrato!!! Jason Soup Kitchen!! Randle El!

Posted by: iubiquity | November 4, 2009 5:38 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: iubiquity | November 4, 2009 5:38 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: iubiquity | November 4, 2009 5:38 PM | Report abuse

Zeke's instant analysis after reading Zorn and Campbell's comments:

It was Nitrous Oxide day at Redskins Park

Posted by: zcezcest1 | November 4, 2009 5:38 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Notorious_LMG | November 4, 2009 5:33 PM | Report abuse
----------------------

Hey, at least now we truly know the answer to that eternal question:

What would it look like if an NFL head coach was REALLY just going to work to collect a paycheck?

Posted by: walkdwalk | November 4, 2009 5:40 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: iubiquity | November 4, 2009 5:40 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: iubiquity | November 4, 2009 5:40 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: iubiquity | November 4, 2009 5:40 PM | Report abuse

"And I guess what I'm doing is saying there's not as much to it as whatever's been reported."

Yeah? You "guess" that's what you're doing? Or is that in fact what you are doing? Or are you uncertain either way?

Frickin joke.

Replacing Randle El at punt return has been one of the no-brainer adjustments this team needs.

Why hasn't it happened? B/c Zorn and Co. give a new meaning to the term "no-brainer".

Posted by: p1funk | November 4, 2009 5:41 PM | Report abuse

BOYS LOSING TO SKINYS WOULD BE LOSING TO A VERY BAD TEAM,WHO IS AT THE BOTTOM IN MOST STATS.IF YOU CANT BEET THE BAD TEAMS THEN CHANCES TO GO ANYWHERE ARE ALOT MORE DIFFICULT.AND BOYS ARE CLEARLY THE BETTER TEAM(NOT THAT YOU WILL AGREE)LET THE GAMES BEGIN!!hehehe

Posted by: BOOFER | November 1, 2006 1:45 PM

A little something from the Way Back Machine ...

Also, because its Wednesday, F Dallas.

Three years ago today, Skins crushed Dallas. Here is the Monday Morning H-Back review:

For as sucky as season as this is shaping up to be, I would really really really like to put a hurt on Dallas this season.

Posted by: dcsween | November 4, 2009 5:41 PM | Report abuse

Well, DEBACLE '09 ® has reappeared today, and it case there were any questions as to Zorn's coaching ability, I hope they are answered by this weeks decision on a punt returner ... wait, was a decision actually made?

Yuck!!!

Posted by: zcezcest1 | November 4, 2009 5:44 PM | Report abuse

Skins Front Office, "If DeAngelo Hall gets hurt, we put in Fred Smoot or Kevin Barnes. If Randel El gets hurt, we put in Malcolm Kelly or Marko Mitchell. Change your mind, or say that its what you always meant."

Zorn, "OK."

Book it.

Posted by: dcsween | November 4, 2009 5:44 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: p1funk | November 4, 2009 5:41 PM

Wrong. He made his decision, but he works for deciders who decide. He has already agreed to be a puppet for a couple of fantasy footballers.

*** FF ALERT ***

Randel El stays in to return punts. Hall gets yanked back.

*** END FF ALERT ***

Posted by: dcsween | November 4, 2009 5:48 PM | Report abuse

At this point, Zorn is just F'ing with the players, the team and the fans.

Posted by: ArlingtonHokie | November 4, 2009 5:50 PM | Report abuse

It was Nitrous Oxide day at Redskins Park

Posted by: zcezcest1 | November 4, 2009 5:38 PM

Good call, zeke. Was it sponsored by the friendly folks @ Yahoo?

Posted by: League-Source | November 4, 2009 5:56 PM | Report abuse

Zorn is a loser. GTFO.

Posted by: ridgely1 | November 4, 2009 5:57 PM | Report abuse

WTF is right.... this is insane. Mabye Hall isn't the answer back there, but ARE sure isn't... Dorsey anyone???

And I agree that it is foolish to try and bring CC back this year. It'll be AT LEAST 6 more weeks before he can play. That puts us at week 14. We could, as mentioned above, have a chance to see Sleepy a bit more and see whether he is gonna "make it" - guess that will happen either way --, get another player on the roster (a return specialist like Dorsey??) and keep CC from getting hurt by rushing him back. Worst case for the skins - it gets dragged out and they decide week 12-14 that he won't be able to make it back this year...

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE CC (only jersey I own), but my bro, get better and see ya next year...

Posted by: carocanesfan | November 4, 2009 6:03 PM | Report abuse

Such a non-issue, typical hyperbole from the Post. All Zorn ever said was that Hall may be worked into the return mix, and he clarified that again today after overzealous reporters misread his earlier statements. ARE is still the main guy, and they'll work in Hall where they deem fit.

Posted by: cali_snowboarder | November 4, 2009 6:04 PM | Report abuse

I'm really hopeful for the Skins this weekend... GO Lions, Panthers, Bucs, 49ers, Seahawks, Rams, Fins, Bills, Browns, Jags, Titans, Raiders, Chiefs!! We need to improve our 2010 draft positioning!

Posted by: chasgiffen | November 4, 2009 6:05 PM | Report abuse

Sorry to see Albert edged out by Hines W as the NFL's dirtiest player. Seems we can never win.

Posted by: chasgiffen | November 4, 2009 6:08 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: kingpenn1 | November 4, 2009 5:02 PM

======================================

I would also like to make the following apologies on behalf of Coach Zorn:
1.I apologize (for Zorn) for not finding a way to get Marko Mitchell in the game
2.I apologize (for Zorn) for continuing to play an injured, unproductive Clinton Portis.
3.I apologize (for Zorn) for not calling an aggressive offensive game plan
4.I apologize (for Zorn) for his QB constantly throwing 3 yard passes on 3rd and 8
5.I apologize (for Zorn) for all of those stretch plays to the left that result in no gains.
6.I apologize (for Zorn) for being a weak coach with a “Medium” attitude.
7.I apologize (for Zorn) for not allowing the QB to have a mind of his own.
8.I apologize (for Zorn) for not standing up to Snyder who took away his play calling job.
9. I apologize (for Zorn) for taking a head coaching job when it’s obvious that he is not ready

Posted by: kingpenn1 | November 4, 2009 6:10 PM | Report abuse

cali,

yellow journalism at its finest

Posted by: 1965skinsfan | November 4, 2009 6:10 PM | Report abuse

Time to cut Zorn's responsibilities again, he's clearly still got too much on his plate.

Posted by: chasgiffen | November 4, 2009 6:11 PM | Report abuse

I think Zorn has learned much from his players. He has learned that keeping his pockets straight is the most important thing!

Posted by: 1965skinsfan | November 4, 2009 6:14 PM | Report abuse

It was Nitrous Oxide day at Redskins Park

Posted by: zcezcest1 | November 4, 2009 5:38 PM

Hey, but it is Hydrogen Sulfide Day every day at Redskins Park.

Posted by: ElDrano | November 4, 2009 6:21 PM | Report abuse

i hope after our main man on punts drops two or three if they get that many or call for a fair catch on one or two punts .when we need a great return that some one at the post game press conf. asked whey Randle was still the man

Posted by: joevick | November 4, 2009 6:25 PM | Report abuse

Here is the line on the game on Sunday Atl.by ten points .That was done before our retreat on the punt returner

Posted by: joevick | November 4, 2009 6:31 PM | Report abuse

It was Nitrous Oxide day at Redskins Park

Posted by: zcezcest1 | November 4, 2009 5:38 PM

Hey, but it is Hydrogen Sulfide Day every day at Redskins Park.

Posted by: ElDrano | November 4, 2009 6:21 PM |

"The gas released during a flatus event frequently has an unpleasant odor. For many years, this was thought to be due to skatole and indole, which are byproducts of the digestion of meat. However, gas chromatography testing in 1984 revealed that sulfur-containing compounds, such as methanethiol, hydrogen sulfide (rotten egg smell) and dimethyl sulfide, were primarily responsible for the scent."

Progress through science.

Posted by: ElDrano | November 4, 2009 6:35 PM | Report abuse

Zorn is a p__ssy ARE confronts him about the change and instead of saying thats the way it is. He acts like a little b_tch and says no there's no change your still my guy.

Fire this coward and hire a coach who can make the calls that need to be made.

Posted by: Flounder21 | November 4, 2009 6:36 PM | Report abuse

Fire this coward and hire a coach who can make the calls that need to be made.

Posted by: Flounder21 | November 4, 2009 6:36 PM |

You gots to understand that Z playing with house money now. Just dicking around for the hell of it. That all.

Posted by: ElDrano | November 4, 2009 6:39 PM | Report abuse

Anyone hear Santana's comment on NFL network about the fans? He basiclly said to stop booing, the players know they suck an don't need to hear it from the fans too.

Posted by: AnthonyMix | November 4, 2009 6:40 PM | Report abuse

Little Danny did not apologize. He said "I feel sorry for the fans."

Imagine I get drunk and run over your dog. I stumble up to your door carrying the dog's corpse and say, "Hey, I feel sorry for you. Terrible situation. We're in it together, brother. But, honestly, what was that dog doing in your yard when I was trying to drive there?"

Did I apologize? Am I sorry? Well, not if I don't recognize that (A) the problem is ME, (B) the only way to fix it is for ME to change. Neither of those things happened. Danny is sorry that fans are abandoning him. Danny is sorry that fans despise him. Danny is sorry that it's starting to hit his bottom line.

But Danny is not sorry that he's destroyed this franchise by running like a fantasy football team. He's not sorry for being such an anti-leader that he's despised by all except his sycophants. He's not sorry about all the losing -- as long as it was lining his pockets. Now, if losing costs him money, well then maybe he'll wake up. But I doubt it.

Posted by: diesel_skins_ | November 4, 2009 6:49 PM | Report abuse

why wouldnt they take him out. this is the only team that rewards sucking

Posted by: stevepaxson | November 4, 2009 6:52 PM | Report abuse

Word on the street is that "fans" are planning a walkout at the Dallas game...

By my fuggin guest!!!!!!!!!

I don't care how mad I am at Snyder, this is crap. I would never walk out against Dallas.

THAT IS BLASPHEMY AND GROUNDS FOR DISMISSAL FOREVER!

If this happens, I will rip any and everyone that participated continuously and viciously!

Posted by: rickyroge | November 4, 2009 6:54 PM | Report abuse

THIS IS WHY GM'S, COACHES, AND SCOUTS (DON'T THINK THE SKINS HAVE ANY) SHOULD HAVE THEIR OWN RADIO SHOW!!! RE - TAR- TED.

Posted by: BMACattack | November 4, 2009 6:54 PM | Report abuse

Zorn wants out. He is just trying to make Snyder fire him.

Posted by: coparker5 | November 4, 2009 6:58 PM | Report abuse

Word on the street is that "fans" are planning a walkout at the Dallas game...

Posted by: rickyroge | November 4, 2009 6:54 PM

Ooh, that's gotta sting. I'm not actually going to the game, but if I were I wouldn't walk out after this. I may not even walk out of my living room to go pee.

Posted by: League-Source | November 4, 2009 7:06 PM | Report abuse

Zorn wants out. He is just trying to make Snyder fire him.

Posted by: coparker5 | November 4, 2009 6:58 PM

No one wants to be fired as a head coach in the NFL. That doesn't look good on your resume.

Posted by: League-Source | November 4, 2009 7:07 PM | Report abuse

Do I mind JC basically giving fans the finger? ...

Posted by: mattylight | November 4, 2009 3:11 PM |

When did this happen? I missed it. Was it like the Vickster in ATL?

Posted by: ElDrano | November 4, 2009 7:07 PM | Report abuse

What's the big deal about punt returns? Atlanta probably won't have to punt very often.

Posted by: Donkeyfarmer | November 4, 2009 7:09 PM | Report abuse

Zorn wants out. He is just trying to make Snyder fire him.

Posted by: coparker5 | November 4, 2009 6:58 PM

Posted by: League-Source | November 4, 2009 7:07 PM |

Getting fired is the least of it. After the godawful egg he laid with the Skins O nobody is going to hire him anyway. He just wants to depart with as many separation $$$ as possible and then retire to riding his bike through the woods.

Posted by: ElDrano | November 4, 2009 7:13 PM | Report abuse

Word on the street is that "fans" are planning a walkout at the Dallas game...

Posted by: rickyroge | November 4, 2009 6:54 PM

Posted by: League-Source | November 4, 2009 7:06 PM |

Who in his right mind would go to FedEx? Watch the team play like High Schoolers and pick up Swine Flu? No thankx.

Posted by: ElDrano | November 4, 2009 7:17 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Donkeyfarmer | November 4, 2009 7:09 PM |

Please are defense will play there a$$ off Atalnta will have to punt, to bad we won't be able to score though.

Posted by: Flounder21 | November 4, 2009 7:19 PM | Report abuse

Of course he'd rather be fired than quit.... I can think of millions of reasons!

Quit - No money

Fired - either a buyout or he's due the remainder of his contract (assuming it's not 'for cause' - and losing isn't 'for cause').

Posted by: carocanesfan | November 4, 2009 7:19 PM | Report abuse

Continuing to have ARE return punts is the ONE reason why I thought Zorn shoould be fired!

NO OTHER TEAM IN THIS LEAGUE WOULD CONTINUE TO PLAY HIM.

DAN SNYDER WILL HIRE A GM BEFORE ARE SCORES A TOUCHDOWN ON PUNT RETURNS!!!!

Posted by: rickyroge | November 4, 2009 7:19 PM | Report abuse

The true test of insanity...doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. Zorn in in Wonderland with Alice and the White Rabbit. Either than or he's been breathing the fumes from his BBQ grill too long with the flame out.

Posted by: bullwinkle1 | November 4, 2009 7:20 PM | Report abuse

At least the testicularly challenged Zorn is making himself look foolish now.

What an absolute azzclown.

Posted by: SkinsfaninKaneohe | November 4, 2009 7:29 PM | Report abuse

It was Nitrous Oxide day at Redskins Park

Posted by: zcezcest1 | November 4, 2009 5:38 PM

Good call, zeke. Was it sponsored by the friendly folks @ Yahoo?

Posted by: League-Source

they sure are friendly, aren't they ... at least to me :)

Posted by: zcezcest1 | November 4, 2009 7:34 PM | Report abuse

Is Sherm Lewis on the headset dictating quotes to Zorn?

Posted by: Xlnt | November 4, 2009 7:37 PM | Report abuse

Actually, if you were to diagram Zorn's comments on this, it would look a lot like the way Randle El catches, backs up, reverses, runs sideways, crashes the line, ends up with no gain.

Zorn and his Beautiful Mind.

Posted by: Xlnt | November 4, 2009 7:40 PM | Report abuse

This season can't end soon enough. Whether it is Portis, Campbell, D'Angelo, the twin disappointment wide receivers from last year's draft (not worth spit, so I don't remember their names), Vinnie Cerrato, or Daniel "Lil Napoleon" Snyder, or Jim Zorn, this team sucks and sucks badly.

I've decided that the only sane thing to do is to root for Gregg Williams at New Orleans in the NFC and Peyton Manning and the Colts. Two of the finest men in the profession you find - and men that you can't find on the Redskins. Period.

Go Saints!
Go Colts!

Redskins - go fly a kite! When ya'll decide that you will get off your butts and kick someone else's tail, I'll be back. But I'm no fool and I'm wasting no more Sunday time on you and your ilk.

Posted by: laserwizard | November 4, 2009 7:46 PM | Report abuse

laserwizard, I would argue that London Fletcher is every bit the men that PM and double G. And I would argue that there are several players on the Redskins roster are high character guys.

I understand not wanting to root for a dysfunctional team, but let's not make out like all of the players on the Skins team are a bunch of unprofessional punks.

Good luck with your bandwagon jumping gig.

Posted by: Curzon417 | November 4, 2009 7:55 PM | Report abuse

You tell him, Curz! We've got one inarguably good dude! Put that in your pipe and smoke it, laserwizard!

Man, do I hate loving this team...

Posted by: NateinthePDX | November 4, 2009 8:03 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: ElDrano | November 4, 2009 7:13 PM

He's still young and wants to work at least another 10-15 years. Plus, he love football. But, yeah, he certainly wants to get all he can from this gig.

Posted by: League-Source | November 4, 2009 8:10 PM | Report abuse

Is Sherm Lewis on the headset dictating quotes to Zorn?

Posted by: Xlnt | November 4, 2009 7:37 PM

If he were, they'd certainly be better than what Zorn's putting out there.

Posted by: League-Source | November 4, 2009 8:11 PM | Report abuse

Another glaring example of why Zoron the Moron will never be head coaching material. So ARE goes into his office and asks WTF? And the so-called coach backtracks and makes himself look like an arse (again). It's a shame the so-called coach didn't have the cajones to tell ARE the truth -- something like, "Mr. El... you've never been much good, but lately you're even worse than ever."

Posted by: Vic1 | November 4, 2009 8:20 PM | Report abuse

Zorn is even weaker than I thought. he flip flops on a desperately needed change of punt returner that even a novice fan can see brings little to no results. He does not play Marko Mitchell and give Rock a chance to carry the ball. He stays with that STIFF Campbell. He makes NO adjustments whatsoever either during the week or in the game itself. JZ was and remains a bad choice as head coach for this team. He is a first class wimpy pussy who cares more about how clever and new age he sounds in his critical analysis of this desperate team. Get him freakin outta here!

Posted by: jshavatt | November 4, 2009 8:23 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: League-Source | November 4, 2009 8:10 PM |

Young? Chrissakes the dude is 56. Nobody would hire Sherm Louis in his early 60's when the dude was a reknown WCO guru. Z at this point is a notorious WCO guru. He can't realistically expect to find anonther gig after this one is over.

Posted by: ElDrano | November 4, 2009 8:41 PM | Report abuse

Go Saints!
Go Colts!

Posted by: laserwizard

Don't bother. You are exactly what we don't need.

Posted by: dcwun | November 4, 2009 8:52 PM | Report abuse

WoW MoM...

Posted by: WRBD | November 4, 2009 8:59 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: ElDrano | November 4, 2009 8:41 PM

You know, I thought about that after I posted. If you're older than 56, the guy's young. If you're in your 20's, he's over the hill. I'm guessing you're in your 20's.

Anyway, he's a productive QB coach and will easily find a job paying a $200,000+ per year. He'll work another 10 years.

Posted by: League-Source | November 4, 2009 9:11 PM | Report abuse

If Randle El really cared about the TEAM, he would demand to be taken off punt return duties.

Posted by: Thinker_ | November 4, 2009 9:27 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: League-Source

Zorn will make more $$$ this year than he will in the next 10 years combined. He's not getting any big $$$ the rest of the way. No one will want him as either a HC or OC.

Posted by: zcezcest1 | November 4, 2009 9:33 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: zcezcest1 | November 4, 2009 9:33 PM | Report abuse
___________________________

But he could be like Jayson Blair, and find a niche as a life coach.

Posted by: Xlnt | November 4, 2009 9:45 PM | Report abuse

It is worth noting some coaching names thta have crossed the paths of the Skins.

Mike Nolan and GG are both coaching defenses and their teams are combined 13-1.

The Holmgren tree is looking pretty shabby, as Mora Jr (who interviewed here and who probably should be considered as part of the Mora Sr tree) and Zorn both are 2-5.

Spags passed on the job here and Jim Schwartz didn't get offered it. They are the now the HC in StL and Det respectively. Both are 1-6.

Ron Meeks left Indy, didn't get the HC job here and is the DC for Carolina.

Norv is helping to tank San Diego again this year and Marty is doing some broadcast stuff.

We'll see Terry Robiskie on the ATL sideline where he coaches the receivers.

Earnest Byner coaches the RBs in Tennessee which is a bad team with a great RB.

Al Saunders is OC for the Ravens.

Posted by: zcezcest1 | November 4, 2009 9:53 PM | Report abuse

Unbelievable. Zorn is a weasel. I thought he was actually making a change for the better and now he is backpedaling. What next? Try to bring back Alridge and Mason?

Posted by: RedSkinHead | November 4, 2009 10:04 PM | Report abuse

Beeps

Posted by: edvar | November 4, 2009 10:14 PM | Report abuse

lame, get ARE out of the punt returning role

Posted by: TBADOW | November 5, 2009 9:56 AM | Report abuse

On the bright side, maybe our defence will suck so bad, Atlanta will not have to punt.

Posted by: tundey | November 5, 2009 11:56 AM | Report abuse

Some one, then, must ask Zorn: What has Randle El done that warrants this decision? If he averages 2 yds per return, I'd be shocked!

Posted by: AWWNats | November 5, 2009 1:44 PM | Report abuse