Jerry Jones on Mike Shanahan: 'He'll do a great job there'

Since Mike Shanahan was introduced as the Redskins' head coach in January, it seems we've heard from just about everybody on the Redskins' new leader. Well, almost everyone -- and we can now add Dallas owner Jerry Jones to that list.

Even as Emmitt Smith bangs his fists against the table about Washington owner Daniel Snyder, Jones had nothing but nice things to say about Shanahan on Tuesday during an appearance on Comcast SportsNet's "Washington Post Live."

"First of all, that was bad news for the Dallas Cowboys," Jones said Tuesday. "Because I have that kind of respect for Mike Shanahan as a coach. He's outstanding. He's certainly been a long-term coach that I have all the respect for and everybody else in the league does, too."

Of course, throughout the 2009 season, Shanahan's name was linked to two jobs more than any other -- the one in Washington and the one in Dallas -- so it's no surprise to hear that Jones is such a fan. The Cowboys won a playoff game and retained Wade Phillips, and the Redskins, meanwhile, showed Jim Zorn the door as soon as the season ended. The end result: not only didn't Jones get Shanahan, but now he'll have to face him twice a year.

"He'll do a great job there in Washington and I hope he doesn't do it at the Dallas Cowboys' expense," Jones said.

By Rick Maese  |  March 10, 2010; 7:32 AM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Allen keeps his word about visits being just that
Next: Does Andre Carter have a place in Redskins' new scheme?

Comments

Woo-hoo! Our head coach has the endorsement of the Cowboys' owner. This means nothing to me.

Posted by: RedSkinHead | March 10, 2010 7:50 AM | Report abuse

and this is news why?

Posted by: skinsfanintampa | March 10, 2010 8:12 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: tony325 | March 9, 2010 6:32 PM | Report abuse

Coker is supposed to go late if at all. I'd like to take Blount with the 5th round pick or a guard and see if Coker is still there in the 7th. Then we could 3 a holes at running back.

Posted by: PAskinsfan17 | March 10, 2010 8:15 AM | Report abuse

"The Cowboys won a playoff game and retained Wade Phillips, and the Redskins, meanwhile, showed Jim Zorn the door as soon as the season ended."

Wade Phillips will be the next fired NFC East coach.

Book it.

Posted by: MistaMoe | March 10, 2010 8:18 AM | Report abuse

You mean Jerry Jones was on Comcast Sportsnet and no one asked him about Emmitt Smith's comments toward his fellow owner and supposed friend Danny.

Strictly a softball interview I guess.

Posted by: Predator48 | March 10, 2010 8:18 AM | Report abuse

Truth hurts huh Red? You can take your rascist sh!t and shove it up your a$$ too. Dude's a straight liar and a tool but you just keep blaming it on rascism and you can phukin drown with his dumb a$$.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | March 10, 2010 8:22 AM | Report abuse

Say what you will about Jones, but dude is getting things done with that new stadium:

NBA All Star game

Super Bowl

I guess the next great event they'll host is a funeral for Michael Irvin's ego.

Posted by: MistaMoe | March 10, 2010 8:24 AM | Report abuse

smells like a fight coming up in 3...2...

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | March 10, 2010 8:33 AM | Report abuse

"I'd like to take Blount with the 5th round pick.."

I like Blount, too.

But I think B Tate is a better alternative as in the games I saw him play in, he display a great ability to catch the ball out of the backfield.

Plus, he gets high marks for blitz pick up from the scouts.

Now, the running back that's a fine combination of both of these guys is J Dwyer.

But he will be long gone before rounds 4/5.

This is why we need a 3rd rounder: we could take a guy like Dwyer and not have to wait for the likes of Tate and Blount.

Posted by: MistaMoe | March 10, 2010 8:36 AM | Report abuse

Looking forward to it beany.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | March 10, 2010 8:36 AM | Report abuse

Mista,

Don't forget Manny against Clottey Saturday night.

Posted by: Flounder21 | March 10, 2010 8:36 AM | Report abuse

Mor, Ive been touting Dwyer for a while. I'm glad someone else notices too. He's an all around back with size and decent speed.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | March 10, 2010 8:38 AM | Report abuse

5. The skins have a #1 draft pick-level need for a left tackle, a nose tackle, a quarterback, a free safety...and high draft pick needs for at LEAST two OLmen, a linebacker, a backup RB, a corner, an experienced receiver, to name a few.

Posted by: TheCork | March 9, 2010 9:03 PM | Report abuse

I know this sounds like a foreign concept to we who have endured the Snyderatto years, but teams actually do find good (and even outstanding) players at these and other positions after the first round.

Posted by: rbpalmer | March 10, 2010 8:41 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: alex35332 | March 10, 2010 8:42 AM | Report abuse

"..I've been touting Dwyer for a while..."

After CJ Spiller, I think Dwyer is the best back in the draft.

Of course, my East Coast viewing habits don't have enough of a sample of J Best or Blount to really say that, but backs from the Southern Conferences continue to do well in the NFL.

Dwyer, Tate, Hardesty, Spiller, McCluster: all of these guys are impressive.

But from what Shanny likes to do in the running game, Dwyer seems like the best fit.

Posted by: MistaMoe | March 10, 2010 8:44 AM | Report abuse

I have some questions about Jonathan Dwyer, mainly three: 1) how come he ran a 4.6 at the Combine? 2) what's with letting his weight get up to almost 240 during the season? 3) can he catch the ball in traffic (something you don't have to do for Paul Johnson).

Posted by: Samson151 | March 10, 2010 8:45 AM | Report abuse

scamp, I'm not even going there with you homie, obviously I must've strung a cord -- there must be some truth to it. Otherwise, why get all emotional about it?

Don't go piss and moan because you got your card pulled, b*tch! Just as you like to shovel that sh*t, I can speak on it if I like. You don't want anyone attacking your political beliefs? Then keep them to yourself, otherwise prepared to put on blast for it.

I'm done on the subject.

Posted by: RedDMV | March 10, 2010 8:45 AM | Report abuse

Scamp, I don't want to fight you. I am curious how the policies of the current administration have personally hurt you. No boiler plate talking points please.

Posted by: mack1 | March 10, 2010 8:47 AM | Report abuse

I still hate the Cowgirls and Jenny Jones.

Posted by: abxinc | March 10, 2010 8:49 AM | Report abuse

political talk....time to go get some work done....

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | March 10, 2010 8:51 AM | Report abuse

Why are we talking about running backs? It's clear by the release of Marcus Mason that Shanahan's offense won't be utilizing a running back this year. Clinton portis will play ILB along side London Fletcher and Anthony Alridge will move to Free Safety to allow Landry to play closer to the line.

Posted by: Original_etrod | March 10, 2010 8:51 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: alex35332 | March 10, 2010 8:42 AM | Report abuse

Let's wait and see what the courts say on this matter before we judge either party.

Posted by: frediefritz | March 10, 2010 8:54 AM | Report abuse

Fredie,
By all means I think we should wait to see what happens. But if he is found guilty of assult, what would that equal out to in terms of NFL punishment?

Posted by: alex35332 | March 10, 2010 8:55 AM | Report abuse

alex

"Just a quick question to put out there, what do you all think the chances of Ben Rothlessburger being suspended are?"

Given how Roger 'Good Cop' Goodell has treated other players, he'd better suspend Big Ben (if he's not found guilty), and for a good deal of time.

Goodell has put his foot down on the neck of a lot of players all in the name of 'protecting the league's image.'

Can the league have one of its star players walk unscathed from a second accusation of sexual assault while chastising lesser players for frequenting strip clubs and possessing weapons?

I wonder.

So it would follow that once the investigation is over, and the information regarding the accusation is out, Ben should be called into Roger's offices to explain why the sexual assault charges keep happening.

This is a fine test case becasue as with Mike Vick, a league star has run afoul of the rules of order.

I'd say yes.

Posted by: MistaMoe | March 10, 2010 8:55 AM | Report abuse

All you talk about is ONE guy and politics, but you claim you hate all of them... I mean, who's lying here?

I personally think you're full of sh*t. Plain and simple. I think like most people your color, you simply hate the guy because he's black.

Argue with yourself scampbell. I think you've been exposed up here for being the racist piece of sh*t that you are.

All the other politicians -- but you talk negatively only about Obama. Hey, and before you "right to freedom of speech" me, I'm not saying you shouldn't speak out on Obama. All I'm saying is but consistent with your reasoning. And the reasoning you gave on this matter isn't consistent with the bull*hit that seeps through your face.

You're a fraudulent punk a** bama.

Posted by: RedDMV | March 10, 2010 8:56 AM | Report abuse

Notice how Redskin owners always use three names?

George Preston Marshall
Edward Bennett Williams
Jack Kent Cooke
Danny Boy Snyder

Posted by: skinfanman | March 10, 2010 8:57 AM | Report abuse

I'm done on the subject.

Posted by: RedDMV | March 10, 2010 8:45 AM | Report abuse
I have to doubt that.

Posted by: frediefritz | March 10, 2010 8:59 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: alex35332 | March 10, 2010 8:42 AM
-------------------------------------------
The NFL will do their whole "due process" and "innocent until proven guilty" spiel up until he is proven guilty or innocent. I would suspect that what we'll see is the team act first with a suspension for conduct unbecoming a member of the Steelers' organization, because what Big Ben did was put himself in a situation he should have known better than to be in - especially given his previos experience. This guy can afford the type of lawyers that will find a way to get him off the hook, so the NFL's line will be he was proven innocent and therefore no punishment.

Posted by: RedSkinHead | March 10, 2010 9:01 AM | Report abuse

Samson151

"The back I like in round 3-4 is Montario Hardesty of Tennessee. Not quite as heavy but faster and can catch in a pro-style scheme."

You're right, Hardesty (and Tate) would look nice running Shanny's plays.

I think when you see it as Shanny does, it really doesn't matter who's carrying the ball as the line's play supercedes the back's ability.

So you boil it down to who catches the best, does blitz pickup the best, and has the best 'jump-cut' speed to daylight.

And all of the backs we've mentioned would suffice in different ways.

Posted by: MistaMoe | March 10, 2010 9:03 AM | Report abuse

You're a fraudulent punk a** bama.

Posted by: RedDMV | March 10, 2010 8:56 AM
------------------------------------------

Posted by: RedSkinHead | March 10, 2010 9:04 AM | Report abuse

I'd say yes.

Posted by: MistaMoe | March 10, 2010 8:55 AM | Report abuse
I agree with your earlier points, Moe, but I disagree with this conclusion. If he is found innocent, I think he should get a warning from league, but no suspension or sanction. Just a warning that league is concerned, and Ben needs to change his chosen method of "dating". If he is guilty, league will come down hard on him.

Posted by: frediefritz | March 10, 2010 9:11 AM | Report abuse

Mack, here's one reason that has affected me personally. My father is senior Vp for a company that does defense contracting. Well now that we have the big govt crew in there the govt is pulling his employees and telling them that they mow have to perform that job on that contract for the govt and that they can't tell anyone why they are being "converted". So now my gathers company losses contract work and employees because the govt thinks they should be running the show. On top of that it costs the govtore money to do these projects than the private sector AND the employees are often required to take pay cuts. If the employee refuses they no longer have a private sector contract to be attached to therefor they no longer have a job. So the short of it is the govt is stealing jobs and employees from the private sector just to expand the govt. Oh by the way this highly illegal. Also a lot of these contractors are small businesses. One of them had 13 employees and the govt. "acquired" 12 of them. No more company (it was mine). There are a group of these businesses in Cali that are suing so now after it's too late for a lot of companies there is a judicial hold on this practice until the case us done. And these jobs that they "acquire" thru claim are jobs created. Phukin liars.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | March 10, 2010 9:12 AM | Report abuse

Alright, that's cool, RSH. I'd respect dude a whole lot more if he just came out said F Reid, F Pelosi, F Obama, then what could I say?

But he the way he carries it, it's like Obama makes all the decisions in the democratic party -- FU_K MAN, he carries it like it's the republicans, democrats, then Obama.

Dude says he hates all politicians, but only wants Obama dead.

I think he recently found out that he was 1/9 of African decent or something. Must've killed his chances at joining the Clan.

Posted by: RedDMV | March 10, 2010 9:13 AM | Report abuse

Notice how Redskin owners always use three names?

George Preston Marshall
Edward Bennett Williams
Jack Kent Cooke
Danny Boy Snyder

Posted by: skinfanman

good one...

maybe the next guy will be
Larry Moe Curly

Posted by: jcnjcnj | March 10, 2010 9:13 AM | Report abuse

Notice how Redskin owners always use three names?

George Preston Marshall
Edward Bennett Williams
Jack Kent Cooke
Danny Boy Snyder

Posted by: skinfanman | March 10, 2010 8:57 AM | Report abuse

Same with assasins:

John Wilkes Booth
Lee Harvey Oswald
Mark David Chapman
Henry David Thoreau (killed my english average because I couldn't get through his boring-a$$ book)

Posted by: Original_etrod | March 10, 2010 9:13 AM | Report abuse

Notice how Redskin owners always use three names?

George Preston Marshall
Edward Bennett Williams
Jack Kent Cooke
Danny Boy Snyder

Posted by: skinfanman | March 10, 2010 8:57 AM | Report abuse
Wow, you're right. I never thought of that. How about "Lil Danny Snyder".

Posted by: frediefritz | March 10, 2010 9:14 AM | Report abuse

"Don't know where this came from, but if it makes you feel better, I really don't care for Nancy Pelosi, either."

"There are a ton of politicians you can crusade against, but all I hear out of your xenophobic blow hole is Obama this, Obama that... you don't even talk about other democratic politicians... Nothing but Obama 24/7/365..."

I'm not trying to be a democrat or republican.

I'm an American first and always.

I hate that the politics of our country has been boiled down to personality and 'who won, who lost'.

We have some very serious issues facing the country, and the childish media has the nation taking sides like there's a fight when it should all be about group effort.

The media--all wealthy personalities who don't suffer in any way from the country's deficiencies--should give up the game of red versus blue and liberal versus conservative.

You could blame Obama and Bush and Clinton and Bush and Reagan and Carter and Ford and Nixon and Johnson and Kenneday and Eisnehower and Truman and Roosevelt for the country's issues all day long, and nver solve them as your energy has been misplaced by hate and envy.

We need our energy to go into making things better.

Give up the hate and envy and be Americans.

Once that happens, things'll improve.

Posted by: MistaMoe | March 10, 2010 9:14 AM | Report abuse

I thought Daniel Snyders middle name was Dollar Sign

Daniel Dollar Sign Snyder

I wonder what his jewish name is?

Posted by: alex35332 | March 10, 2010 9:15 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: scampbell1975

Whatever.

So blame it all one one guy?

You're full of sh*t. End of story.

Posted by: RedDMV | March 10, 2010 9:16 AM | Report abuse

It doesn't surprise me Red that anyone that crusades against your savior you would label a rascist. It couldn't possibly be that you think that anyone has a problem with the man for a valid reason could it? I do dislike all politicians, he just happens to be the head man in charge right now. The one with the big mouth but nothing substantial to back it up. But you just keep touting your own rascist BS while your slinging bj's on the corner for nickles so you can get your next forty of Cobra and we all will keep paying your food and light bill. That rascist enough for you you phukin degenerate loser. By the way is a hatred of foriegners. Are you trying to tell me your lord and savior ain't from around here?

Posted by: scampbell1975 | March 10, 2010 9:20 AM | Report abuse

Did anyone see the behind the scenes NFL show filmed during super bowl week? None of the networks covered the fact that Emmit Smith literally stole the commemorative coin after flipping it in the ceremony. The NFL had to put a team of people out to find and retrieve the coin. Not sure if they ever did. I guess Emmitt ought to look at his own character before commeting on other, even Danny.

Posted by: cys868 | March 10, 2010 9:20 AM | Report abuse

Here's a link to the story on the Redskins page of Emmit stealing the coin.

Posted by: cys868 | March 10, 2010 9:22 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: RedDMV | March 10, 2010 8:56 AM

Wow. If you're referring to white people, that's a pretty racist statement in itself.

Posted by: Rypien11 | March 10, 2010 9:23 AM | Report abuse

So blame it all one one guy?

You're full of sh*t. End of story.

Posted by: RedDMV | March 10, 2010 9:16 AM | Report abuse

dude asked me about the administration not the pres. The only b!tch I hear complaining about inheriting these problems is Obama. But just so you know H Reid and N Pelosi are phuking idiots too. So are J. McCain and and J Biden.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | March 10, 2010 9:26 AM | Report abuse

You know what Red? I've just realized that you have no phylum idea what you are talking about and are nuthin but a rascist piece of sh!t yourself. Who's the phyking liar? Now I'll show you what being done is cuz you can have this sh!t.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | March 10, 2010 9:30 AM | Report abuse

I'd say yes.

Posted by: MistaMoe | March 10, 2010 8:55 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: frediefritz |

I'd say yes also....Goodall must be consistant or risk being labeled bias,racist or whatever....he suspeneded Pacman Jones without him even being charged let alone charged and found innocent or guilty

Posted by: jcnjcnj | March 10, 2010 9:32 AM | Report abuse

Moe, I will give a haraumph to that.

The best thing that could happen to this nation would be for the counter cultures on the right an left of our spectrum to work together and fix those things we need to fix, thankfully I happen to know thats happening.

Posted by: alex35332 | March 10, 2010 9:33 AM | Report abuse

No one's forcing you to stay in America scamp.

Posted by: PortisPocketsStr8 | March 10, 2010 9:33 AM | Report abuse

This post is soooooo unnecessary and all it is is promoting Cowgirls Stadium cuz they got the Paccioi Fight.....He was NFLN with the same backdrop....

Posted by: 4thFloor | March 10, 2010 9:33 AM | Report abuse

Scamp I got a friend who works for a credit card company. When the administration went after the credit card companies for all the BS crooked things credit card companies do, this friend worried he might lose his job as he works for one of the worst offenders. While I hate to see anyone lose a job, defense contractors kind of fall in the same category as credit card marketers in terms of my sympathy. But at least you came back with a real personal reason. Everyone else screams "tax and spend" and "socialism" even though Obama has cut taxes and done nothing even resembling socialism.

Posted by: mack1 | March 10, 2010 9:33 AM | Report abuse

how about this weather we're having.....moe, how's your grass looking...

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | March 10, 2010 9:34 AM | Report abuse

I'd say yes.

Posted by: MistaMoe

Agreed.

Posted by: mhartz1 | March 10, 2010 9:36 AM | Report abuse

"Give up the hate and envy and be Americans.Posted by: MistaMoe"

LOL what's more American than hate and envy? And French, and Danish, and Cuban, and Nigerian, and... and....

Posted by: Samson151 | March 10, 2010 9:37 AM | Report abuse

Wow, pretty crazy up here taday. And I haven't even chimed in yet!

I'll just say: Don't blame me, I voted for Sharpton.

Posted by: DikShuttle | March 10, 2010 9:38 AM | Report abuse

how about this weather we're having.....moe, how's your grass looking...

Posted by: BeantownGreg1

Yeh BeantownGreg...civilize this blog...

Posted by: jcnjcnj | March 10, 2010 9:38 AM | Report abuse

Mack . Tax cuts are permanent, tax rebates are a 1 shot deal. There's a difference.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | March 10, 2010 9:40 AM | Report abuse

"....Goodall must be consistant or risk being labeled bias,racist or whatever....he suspeneded Pacman Jones without him even being charged let alone charged and found innocent or guilty.."

And there you go.

Even if Ben is found innocent of the second set of charges, the fact that he was charged with sex assault--again--should bring some form of sanction or folks will howl that he's getting the 'star' treatment.

And with that the race issue along will cause the NFLPA and others to make a stink that'll force Roger's hand.

And Ben can't blame nobody for himself should Roger suspend him in anyway.

Posted by: MistaMoe | March 10, 2010 9:41 AM | Report abuse

Scampbell, if you weren't on here laying into George W, then you are just a hypocrite. Nobody in our history has done as much to run down the economy, the military, hell, the constitution, as he and his puppeteer Cheney. Every disclosure of truth since the village idiot and darth vader left town verifies this conclusion more and more.

Posted by: kenboy1 | March 10, 2010 9:43 AM | Report abuse

I'd say yes.

Posted by: MistaMoe | March 10, 2010 8:55 AM

Wow, what an idiosyncratic theory of justice.

If the league punishes Ben for being innocent, then it should punish everyone else in the league who is innocent.

Makes you wonder what it means to be innocent.

Posted by: League-Source | March 10, 2010 9:44 AM | Report abuse

I wish that I could sue the teabaggers and O'Rielly for calling Obama a socialist, thats damn near slander towards us socialist types.

Posted by: alex35332 | March 10, 2010 9:44 AM | Report abuse

there is a political blog on the post you know....

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | March 10, 2010 9:45 AM | Report abuse

Race wars on RI today. It's gonna be a good day.

Posted by: iH8dallas | March 10, 2010 9:45 AM | Report abuse

Obama's problem is Two Fold:

1. He is being too nice and not ramming his agenda through like did. He seems to be doing this to win his 2nd term and does not want to come off to White American voters as an Angry Black Man

2. He learned his politics in Chicago and he and his henchmen are playing Chicago Politics inside the Beltway. And Now Rahm Emmaneul has used the same Chicago'd Style politics to through Obama under the bus.

Does this seem pretty accurate?

Posted by: 4thFloor | March 10, 2010 9:46 AM | Report abuse

Obama's problem is Two Fold:

1. He is being too nice and not ramming his agenda through like Bush did. He seems to be doing this to win his 2nd term and does not want to come off to White American voters as an Angry Black Man

Does this seem pretty accurate?

Posted by: 4thFloor | March 10, 2010 9:46 AM | Report abuse

Ken you're preaching to the choir. No more politics now, sorry I even started this. My bad y'all feel free to bash away at me and I'll let it go.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | March 10, 2010 9:47 AM | Report abuse

I'd say yes.

Posted by: MistaMoe | March 10, 2010 8:55 AM

It wasn't right when they did it to Pacman and it won't be right if they do it to Big Ben. This is a case where 2 wrongs do not make a right. They need to butt the eff out until the legal system is done and then go from there. They are bordering on the lines of vigilante justice and there's a reason why that's illegal.

Posted by: PAskinsfan17 | March 10, 2010 9:47 AM | Report abuse

*throw...not through

Posted by: 4thFloor | March 10, 2010 9:48 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: scampbell1975 | March 10, 2010 9:40 AM

Not sure why this is addressed to me. But tax cuts can be repealed, right?

And not that Red needs any help from me in this fight, but down south, Richmond Va. in my case, the criticism of our president, like just about everything else, stinks of racism.

Posted by: mack1 | March 10, 2010 9:49 AM | Report abuse

"Should Ben get suspended or sanctioned in some way, even if he's found innocent of the charges allayed against him?I'd say yes.Posted by: MistaMoe"

It's an interesting argument but I don't see how Goodell can suspend anybody who is found innocent of criminal charges, unless they also in some way violate the NFL rules of conduct.

If I remember correctly, suspensions are the League's province, not the individual team's. Is it in the CBA? Maybe that's the NBA -- we have so many scandals I get confused.

Anyway, BR's currently being sued by a woman about a prior incident in which the district attorney filed no charges. Without knowing the circumstances, I'd say the civil suit is a distinct longshot. Maybe the plaintiff is hoping for a settlement offer. That's sometimes a way that a rich defendant can reduce the adverse pub.

If this second investigation also comes up empty, on what grounds would BR be suspended by the NFL?

Sure, the league is entitled to protect its 'image', but suspending someone for being sued by a civil plaintiff runs smack into the Bill of Rights.

That's why the criminal investigation is so important. It establishes the grounds for the civil complaint. Sure, you can go ahead and sue anyway, but your chances of winning are drastically reduced.

I'd think Roger Goodell would be well advised to stay the hell away from any suspension of BR until the criminal matter results in charges or is dropped.

With the Arenas case, the only reason David Stern got involved when he did is because of that incident at the Philly game. Arenas essentially forced his hand. BR is probably smarter than that, or has better lawyers.

Posted by: Samson151 | March 10, 2010 9:51 AM | Report abuse

Sorry to break from the Politics....but If we traded and got Sonny before from the Eagles....Why can't we do it again for McNabb????? (And Please give me an answer other than the obvious 'They're in our division' answer)

Report: Seahawks want McNabb or Kolb, no one wants Vick
Posted by Mike Florio on March 10, 2010 9:10 AM ET
During a Tuesday appearance with Mike Missanelli of 97.5 The Fanatic in Philly, ESPN's Sal Paolantonio dropped a couple of bombs regarding the current quarterback situation in Philly.

Paolantonio said that the Seattle Seahawks have been contacting the Eagles "non-stop" regarding quarterbacks Donovan McNabb and Kevin Kolb. As we reported last week, the Eagles have been hearing from multiple teams regarding McNabb, but the Eagles have not yet entertained any offers.

But offers apparently will come; Paolantonio says that Seattle coach Pete Carroll wants to win right away, and in Carroll's mind that includes getting McNabb or Kolb. And Paolantonio says that he now firmly believes that McNabb will be traded by the Eagles at some point in the offseason.

Posted by: 4thFloor | March 10, 2010 9:52 AM | Report abuse

Obama's problem is Two Fold:

Does this seem pretty accurate?

Posted by: 4thFloor

Posted by: jcnjcnj | March 10, 2010 9:52 AM | Report abuse

wow....so...nope...not gonna go there...

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | March 10, 2010 9:52 AM | Report abuse

I'd say yes.

Posted by: MistaMoe | March 10, 2010 8:55 AM | Report abuse

---------

So I should put my life savings (about $200) on whoever's playing the Colts and then accuse Peyton Manning of sexual assault! Even though he's innocent, he'll be suspended, right?

I'm being facetious, of course, and I'm not saying Ben's being railroaded. There's just not much information to make a judgment right now. If he's guilty of rape, he deserves a prison sentence that would make any NFL suspension moot.

Posted by: closer44 | March 10, 2010 9:53 AM | Report abuse

4th, yes and no. I would say his big problem with Rham is that he picked a campaign tactician who should not be in policy to be his Chief. When you do campaign tactics all you care about is the W, and the polls at the end. When you do policy its about communication, and what is in the bill actually matters. Also Rham is a raciest (anti-arab) neo-con DLC type.

Posted by: alex35332 | March 10, 2010 9:53 AM | Report abuse

Does this seem pretty accurate?

Posted by: 4thFloor

Posted by: jcnjcnj | March 10, 2010 9:52 AM

Then why is this Bama being too nice to the other side? He won. He kilt it. And he can't get sh!t done. And now the Dems are about to sink him.....

Posted by: 4thFloor | March 10, 2010 9:54 AM | Report abuse

Race wars on RI today. It's gonna be a good day.

Posted by: iH8dallas | March 10, 2010 9:45 AM | Report abuse

Race-politics before noon... You know its gonna be a good day!

Posted by: Stu27 | March 10, 2010 9:55 AM | Report abuse

Down south Bean. Not in that Bostonian utopia you call home.

Posted by: mack1 | March 10, 2010 9:55 AM | Report abuse

Tip for today: when 2 people have an emotional blowup about politics, they both end up covered in sh!t.

Please, gentlemen, quit while you've only got one coat of it on you. Agree to disagree. This is getting ugly.

Posted by: Alan4 | March 10, 2010 9:57 AM | Report abuse

We need our energy to go into making things better.

Give up the hate and envy and be Americans.

Once that happens, things'll improve.

Posted by: MistaMoe | March 10, 2010 9:14 AM | Report abuse

Amen, Moe, Amen - what makes anyone think that President Obama (or President Bush, for that matter) decided to become President for the express purpose of screwing some group of people over?

There's a lot of fixin' to do, and maybe we should work together to fix those things.

Posted by: JohnDinHouston | March 10, 2010 9:58 AM | Report abuse

mack, regardless, so criticism=racism?

wow...

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | March 10, 2010 9:59 AM | Report abuse

Alan,
were you here before the election?
This ain't nothing compared to the racist crazy sh(t that when on then.

Posted by: alex35332 | March 10, 2010 9:59 AM | Report abuse

PAskinsfan17...yes 2 wrongs don't make a right..
...but what does 2 charges of sexual assault make? a menace to women?
Pacman got suspended for being a noosencen to society

Posted by: jcnjcnj | March 10, 2010 10:00 AM | Report abuse

"Does this seem pretty accurate?Posted by: 4thFloor"

Nope.

Posted by: Samson151 | March 10, 2010 10:02 AM | Report abuse

Is any of this going to matter when the Anunaki overlords come to collect their due?! I think NOT!

Posted by: DikShuttle | March 10, 2010 10:02 AM | Report abuse

noosencen....nuisance...wow..you weren't even close with that....

beep beep

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | March 10, 2010 10:02 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: JohnDinHouston | March 10, 2010 9:58 AM | Report abuse

I don't think either did it just for that purpose, but I don't think ether took the job with a populist intent. Both came in as the pawns of the corporate welfare system.... Actually Bush n co. did come in planing to kill Sadam.

Posted by: alex35332 | March 10, 2010 10:02 AM | Report abuse

...but what does 2 charges of sexual assault make? a menace to women?

Posted by: jcnjcnj | March 10, 2010 10:00 AM

Do you not understand that sometimes women CHARGE men with sexual assualt that never took place? Did you sleep through the Kobe Bryant case? Did you not recognize what was done to the Duke Lacrosse team by a criminal whacko?

Two CHARGES makes nothing. One or two convictions makes a criminal. Big difference.

CHARGES are cheap. Anyone can CHARGE anyone else with the most heinous crimes, but until Ben is proven guilty he's the same as you and me.

Posted by: League-Source | March 10, 2010 10:07 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: League-Source

Yes..and OJ didn't do it...

Posted by: jcnjcnj | March 10, 2010 10:22 AM | Report abuse

Yes..and OJ didn't do it...

Posted by: jcnjcnj | March 10, 2010 10:22 AM

I'm glad I am not the only one in the minority on that!

Posted by: 4thFloor | March 10, 2010 10:24 AM | Report abuse

Does this now validate the decision to hire him? Man, that's a relief! I was really concerned about what Jerry Jones thought about it.

Posted by: anw821 | March 10, 2010 10:28 AM | Report abuse

The Skins don't need any endorsements for the sorry az% Cowboys...I can still hear that Viking horn ...music to my ears!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: BeatDontStop | March 10, 2010 10:33 AM | Report abuse

Right now, Ben Roethlisberger is guilty of stupidity in the first degree at BEST.

Even IF he is innocent, he needs to be a LOT smarter where he hangs out, when, and with whom.

However, right now the league can't really do much to him unless he is CHARGED with a crime.

There's this thing called the National Football League Conduct Policy, and it states that players (and other league employees) can be suspended "IF CHARGED" with criminal conduct.

Sure there's other wording, but, one wants to be VERY careful when persuing these things under "conduct unbecoming to the league's interests", or "conduct detrimental to the team or league's image or effectiveness" clauses as that can become a slippery slope all too easy to suspend or terminate players.

For example, being out after midnight on the night before game day could EASILY fit into those boundaries...does that mean THAT should be a suspendable offense?

How about a DUI?

How about domestic abuse?

Failure to pay child support?

ALL offenses that players of ALL races, creeds, and colors have committed and played the next game day that "normal folks" would not have that same luxury until they addressed it through the legal system to some degree first.

Not a sermon...just some thoughts.

Posted by: ThinkingMan | March 10, 2010 11:14 AM | Report abuse

Surely Jerry understands that you can't do a good job with the Redskins unless it's at least partly at the expense of the Cowboys.

Posted by: zimbar | March 10, 2010 11:20 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: PAskinsfan17 | March 10, 2010 9:47 AM | Report abuse

Playing in the NFL is a privledge, not a right. Just like any employment in capitalism it's considgered "At Will". That means the employer and employee can terminate/suspend employement with cause. In this case, the standards and image of the NFL as a public forum substantiate cause.

Thus they are within their rights. If you grop a women at work, even allegedly, your sure to be put on leave even before a criminal trial. Why should the NFL be any different

Posted by: Devo2 | March 10, 2010 11:29 AM | Report abuse

That's not the Pacman precedent, and I think Godell has suspended others without charges or convictions. I don't particularly like it (Godell and Stern seem to be in competition about how chesty they can get with their players), but it's not going to serve the league or Godell well to back off with BR first.

Posted by: zimbar | March 10, 2010 11:31 AM | Report abuse

This isn't true. Not all jobs are considered "at will" - it depends on the nature of the employment contract or agreement. Union agreements don't take companies out of the capitalist system. And at will means that the employer can terminate with or without cause. There's still such a thing as wrongful termination (even at-will employers can't fire you for being black), but in an at-will situation no affirmative cause is required.

Posted by: zimbar | March 10, 2010 11:38 AM | Report abuse

The redskins need a new stadium to out do the Cowturds stadium. Make it happen Snyder please

Posted by: pathmo | March 10, 2010 12:12 PM | Report abuse