Harbaugh Reflects on His, Zorn's Success

Ravens Coach John Harbaugh has a bit of a rapport with Redskins Coach Jim Zorn, even calling to congratulate Zorn after his first win. Both men were relatively anonymous position coaches without any coordinating experience when they were hired in the offseason, and both of their teams have exceeded expectations.

During his conference call with the schlubs today, Harbaugh was asked whether the success he and Zorn have had might inspire teams to think differently about the importance of experience when filling head coaching voids in the future.

"That would be interesting," Harbaugh said. "That's an interesting kind of observation, and it's kind of neat that some owners like Mr. [Daniel] Snyder and Mr. [Steve] Bisciotti and some other owners...just look for the right fit, the right model for what they're trying to establish."

Harbaugh, who knows the Redskins well from spending 10 years with the Philadelphia Eagles as an assistant, lauded the work Zorn has done.

"We've had a chance to watch the Redskins for a long time, and I think he's really built on what those players have done well over the years. They play really hard, they're very physical, very sound, very disciplined. They've expanded on all those things."

Harbaugh also praised the play of quarterback Jason Campbell, and Zorn's handling of him. "He has Jason Campbell playing very well," Harbaugh said. "Turnover-free type football."

Harbaugh noted that the Redskins "have three wide receivers that can get down field and make big plays." (I'm going to assume he's lumping tight end Chris Cooley in with receivers Santana Moss and Antwaan Randle El.)

Fullback Mike Sellers has caught Harbaugh's attention as well: "He's hitting everything in sight."

By Jason La Canfora  |  December 3, 2008; 2:04 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Report from the Practice Field
Next: Carter, Portis 'Game-Time Decisions'

Comments

Seems there are a lot of misconceptions about bonus points in here and I'd be happy to clear them up.

For example, there are rules and regulations regarding redemption of bonus points for international air travel that differ from domestic air travel that are different for travel if it includes a flight into or out of Florida.

Posted by: zcezcest1 | December 3, 2008 2:47 PM | Report abuse

( ... )

Posted by: Redcoat | December 3, 2008 2:47 PM | Report abuse

FIRST year coaches are doing tremendous this year

Posted by: theFreshinAU | December 3, 2008 2:48 PM | Report abuse

That can only mean a massive sophomore slump, right?

Posted by: CindyBoren | December 3, 2008 2:50 PM | Report abuse

+++Dull, lackluster, and predictable posting up here.++

Posted by: dcsween |

Need to simplify the postings. Cut back on the number of words. Avoid confusion. Maybe Devin Thomas will drop by.

Incidentally, "dull" and "lackluster" mean pretty much the same thing, so I'm forced to forward your post to the Department of Redundancy Department.

Posted by: TheCork | December 3, 2008 2:51 PM | Report abuse

That can only mean a massive sophomore slump, right?

Posted by: CindyBoren

If it happens I holding you responsible Cyn.

JM220

Posted by: icetotalpackage | December 3, 2008 2:53 PM | Report abuse

That can only mean a massive sophomore slump, right?

Posted by: CindyBoren | December 3, 2008 2:50 PM

you been hanging around LaCanfora to long

Posted by: GreatOne1 | December 3, 2008 2:57 PM | Report abuse

Cindy, is this a prediction? Just want it on the record

Posted by: zcezcest1 | December 3, 2008 3:00 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: BeantownGreg | December 3, 2008 3:02 PM | Report abuse

This is based on the Sean Taylor tribute video posted here the other day...
Anyone know a good place to buy go-go on CD? I'm specifically looking for Junkyard and junk-derived bands..Anyone care to weigh in on current go-go bands? I've found TCB and UCB to be ok...I've heard the WHAT band is good...I live in Baltimore now so its harder for me to keep up on these things (also melanin challenged..)

Posted by: chevychasepowhatans | December 3, 2008 3:02 PM | Report abuse

Dorf and I are tied at a 5-8, consider the game the equivalent of an epic battle between the 49rs and the Chargers.

Posted by: alex35332 | December 3, 2008 3:03 PM | Report abuse

Not a prediction at all. I was just kidding, I swear.

Posted by: CindyBoren | December 3, 2008 3:04 PM | Report abuse

Oh, please make it a prediction... just like "no way we lose to the Giants".

Posted by: daggar | December 3, 2008 3:07 PM | Report abuse

Headline of the Day:

Bushes Say They're Moving To A New House In Dallas

.... haven't heard a better set-up line in ages ....

Posted by: zcezcest1 | December 3, 2008 3:07 PM | Report abuse

This is based on the Sean Taylor tribute video posted here the other day...

Posted by: chevychasepowhatans

Try P.A. Palace you might even be able to get them online. i think it might be P.A. Palace.com

Posted by: GreatOne1 | December 3, 2008 3:10 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: BeantownGreg"

WRONG

Posted by: TheTruth11 | December 3, 2008 3:12 PM | Report abuse

cindy, have you noticed the lack of comments on the content of the videos that reid puts up? even relatively speaking [to jasno's content]? if you have then why not get rid of the videos? they serve absolutely no purpose. if he's so lazy have him dictate the content to you.

sorry for not being tactful in my criticism.

Posted by: dealer1 | December 3, 2008 3:12 PM | Report abuse

Not a prediction at all. I was just kidding, I swear.

Posted by: CindyBoren | December 3, 2008 3:04 PM

Posted by: talent_evaluator | December 3, 2008 3:13 PM | Report abuse

We're on a record setting pace, best in the league, having and 'Ain't No Stoppin' Us Now' kind of season. Including crushing wins over powers like Pittsburgh.

I'm speaking of course, of my San Jose Sharks

Posted by: zcezcest1 | December 3, 2008 3:13 PM | Report abuse

jasno, harbaugh was talking about moss, ARE and KELLY being the 3 WRs.

Posted by: dealer1 | December 3, 2008 3:15 PM | Report abuse

you guys have a sense of humor?"

Posted by: talent_evaluator

What is this Sense of Humor you speak of?

Posted by: GreatOne1 | December 3, 2008 3:17 PM | Report abuse

I swear.

Posted by: CindyBoren | December 3, 2008 3:04 PM

I love to swear. My favorite one is the word for the son of an unwed mother. I love that word. Nothing releases the pressure, pain, and grief of hammering your thumb like that word.

Posted by: dcsween | December 3, 2008 3:17 PM | Report abuse

Dealer,
Do the videos do you any harm? Why u haten' on the 29.97 medium.

Posted by: alex35332 | December 3, 2008 3:17 PM | Report abuse

Would that word be 'bastige' Sween?

Posted by: Redcoat | December 3, 2008 3:22 PM | Report abuse

I like my stuff well done, enough with this medium talk

Posted by: GreatOne1 | December 3, 2008 3:23 PM | Report abuse

"This is also known as "TheTruth11 Gambit." When anyone points out the inconsistency in what he says he replies "I was just kidding. I swear. Don't you guys have a sense of humor?"

Posted by: talent_evaluator | "

for about the fifth time in two days, I'll ask for a link

Posted by: TheTruth11 | December 3, 2008 3:24 PM | Report abuse

also talent evaluator, if you'll notice I never even mention you, yet you seem to find ways to bring me up in conversation.

Getting old, awkward, and just downright weird dude. Get over me.

Posted by: TheTruth11 | December 3, 2008 3:25 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: zcezcest1 | December 3, 2008 3:26 PM | Report abuse

""I'm anxious to see a few Sellers vs Ray Lew collisions...I think Mike holds his own versus ray-ray...

Posted by: BeantownGreg"

WRONG

Posted by: TheTruth11 "

actually RIGHT

I read it backwards.

Posted by: TheTruth11 | December 3, 2008 3:26 PM | Report abuse

RC, watch the fargin mouth.

Posted by: dcsween | December 3, 2008 3:27 PM | Report abuse

Getting old, awkward, and just downright weird dude. Get over me.

Posted by: TheTruth11 | December 3, 2008 3:25 PM

Is this like the girlfriend thing?

Posted by: Curzon417 | December 3, 2008 3:31 PM | Report abuse

Re: 2 Threads ago -

Did JLaC say Buges is loyal to his line players and that's why they are still in the starting lineup?

Didn't Jansen get pulled earlier this year?

Didn't Bostic get bench in 1987 for Grimm at Center?

Where is he gettting these inferences from?

Posted by: 4thFloor | December 3, 2008 3:33 PM | Report abuse

they serve absolutely no purpose.

Posted by: dealer1 | December 3, 2008 3:12 PM

Dealer, They do serve a purpose. Every time someone clicks on one and gets a 15 or 30 second ad, the WaPo gets revenue. When people stop clicking on them, WaPo will stop running them.

Posted by: talent_evaluator | December 3, 2008 3:38 PM | Report abuse

meep-meep...

Posted by: BeantownGreg | December 3, 2008 3:41 PM | Report abuse

for about the fifth time in two days, I'll ask for a link

Posted by: TheTruth11 | December 3, 2008 3:24 PM

Go get your own links, lazy boy. If you can't remember what you wrote, I'm not here to look it up for you.

Posted by: talent_evaluator | December 3, 2008 3:42 PM | Report abuse