Portis Ready to Play; Injury Updates

Running back Clinton Portis said his knee is still sore, and, although he remains limited in practice, he left no doubt that he will play Sunday in Seattle.

"It's coming along," Portis said. "I'm sore, but I'm playing this week, no ifs ands or buts about it."

As for the rest of the injuries, linebacker Marcus Washington is out with an ankle sprain, but everyone else is expected to go, with even DT Anthony Montgomery "coming on," Jim Zorn said, after being able to run at practice on his injured Achilles'.

Left tackle Chris Samuels' knee was stiff and he did not practice, but he's slated to play Sunday. Wide receiver Antwaan Randle El will rest with a low ankle sprain for a few days, but Zorn was very optimistic about his status. Cornerback Shawn Springs practiced fully for the first time in over a month and will play.

Wide receiver Malcolm Kelly looked very good in practice today, Zorn said, and he, too, is slated to play Sunday. Zorn praised Kelly's ability to get to passes just within his vicinity and make catches look easy. Kelly has missed most of the season with knee injuries.

Running back Ladell Betts "gave us something" at practice Zorn said, and his knee is coming along.

By Jason La Canfora  |  November 19, 2008; 3:38 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: The NFL Has Ties? Who Knew?
Next: Zorn Used to Work In Seattle?

Comments

Good
CP is great but he missed a lot of practice and his # started going down.

CP for the NFL record in yards from los vs Seattle.

Posted by: alex35332 | November 19, 2008 3:40 PM | Report abuse

2rd?

3st?

Posted by: jmicrodoc | November 19, 2008 3:44 PM | Report abuse

Will Kelly get his Second catch of the season Sunday?

Posted by: NickelsLuvsSkins | November 19, 2008 3:44 PM | Report abuse

Good, thats friggin great.

I'm so anxious for the offense to start to click, and to put up points consistently.

Posted by: BeantownGreg | November 19, 2008 3:49 PM | Report abuse

greg, which is it, good or great?

Posted by: Zeebs | November 19, 2008 3:52 PM | Report abuse

C-Po takes back 1st in rushing after this weekend...Hail!!!!

Posted by: rswink | November 19, 2008 3:52 PM | Report abuse

cool this is Sieting!!! it's like a whole new season starting all over again. can't wait...

Posted by: dealer1 | November 19, 2008 3:55 PM | Report abuse

gotta punch seahawks in the mouth this week if we are serious about stretch run....

Posted by: chrislarry | November 19, 2008 3:55 PM | Report abuse

zeebs, its neither, good, nor great.

Its "friggin great"....

Posted by: BeantownGreg | November 19, 2008 3:56 PM | Report abuse

I find all of this very encouraging.

My spirits are further buoyed by the leftover chicken curry I'm having for lunch.

Mrs. Freakzilla is an excellent cook.

Posted by: freakzilla | November 19, 2008 3:56 PM | Report abuse

GOOD TO SEE ANOTHER BLACK MAN MOVING AHEAD WITH HIS DREAM. ILIKE HIS WHITE COUNTER PARTS WHO JUST HAD IT HANDED TO THEM.

Posted by: poolman1200000 | November 19, 2008 3:57 PM | Report abuse

well, technically its good friggin great, with a comma somewhere. Just a lame attempt at humor.

Posted by: Zeebs | November 19, 2008 3:57 PM | Report abuse

Is that curry green, red or yellow, zilla?

Posted by: _Stumped_1 | November 19, 2008 4:06 PM | Report abuse

lets get CP his 120 in the first half and let Alexander take it from there.

Posted by: The_Doc | November 19, 2008 4:13 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: poolman1200000 | November 19, 2008 3:57 PM | Report abuse

Your posts are actually starting to become funny. This was your best one yet.

Posted by: Cobain | November 19, 2008 4:16 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: poolman1200000 | November 19, 2008 3:57 PM | Report abuse

Please continue so I can marvel at my own competence in comparison to your idiocy.

Posted by: Devo2 | November 19, 2008 4:29 PM | Report abuse

This is going to be our first blowout win of the season. 34-10 Skins.

Posted by: Rypien11 | November 19, 2008 5:36 PM | Report abuse

I would love to have a quarterback like Brady Quinn or Matt Ryan leading this offense someone with pocket presence and can feel the rush coming and get the ball out to his receivers before getting hit and sacked or fumbling. I'm off the Campbell bandwagon he has struggled in all but two or three games. I desire to see the skins in the Bowl but Campbell wont bring us there.

Posted by: wrdt1995 | November 19, 2008 6:18 PM | Report abuse

Shawn Springs pisses me off. Oh, now you can play? WTF?

Posted by: austin987654 | November 19, 2008 6:30 PM | Report abuse

C-Po takes back 1st in rushing after this weekend...Hail!!!!

Posted by: rswink

who the f*ck cares if the team still loses?

Posted by: lsskinsfan | November 19, 2008 7:02 PM | Report abuse

i hope the Redskins let both SPRINGS & WASHINGTON go ,they miss more games and they play anyway.

Posted by: wingmd | November 19, 2008 7:04 PM | Report abuse

unitl this team gets a professional owner and staff to draft or acquire linemen on both sides of the ball, we'll get our hopes up, just to be disappointed yet again.
The pee wee leagues, the junior high, high school, University, and professional teams have one thing in common. Great line play equals winners. Period!

Posted by: lsskinsfan | November 19, 2008 7:12 PM | Report abuse

Stumped and Freakzilla,

I have been a silent observer of the blog this year as my workload quadrupled and I just can't seem to get my head above water. However, it is Seattle week.

Are either of you going to the game this weekend? Mrs. dchandl3, is out of town....so I might be tempted to cruise up that way.

Let me know....I'd love to hook up with you guys.

Posted by: dchandl3 | November 19, 2008 7:24 PM | Report abuse