Zorn Hopes CP Can Practice Tomorrow

Running back Clinton Portis didn't practice again today, but Jim Zorn said he expects him to play. He hopes Portis is able to practice tomorrow and Portis has said he definitely will play Sunday in Seattle.

Left tackle Chris Samuels missed practice again, resting his sore knee. He, too, is expected to play.

Wide receiver Antwaan Randle El's ankle is "almost there," Zorn said, but Randle El did not practice, either. Zorn has said all week he expects Randle El to play.

Defensive tackle Anthony Montgomery, whose Achilles' is still sore, was "a little ginger, but he was out there" practicing, according to Zorn.

Running back Ladell Betts practiced again with his sore knee and "did fine," Zorn said.

Cornerback Shawn Springs made it through another full practice and will play, Zorn said, recovering from his calf injury.

Linebacker Marcus Washington is out with a high-ankle sprain.

By Jason La Canfora  |  November 20, 2008; 2:40 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Blache Not Overly Concerned with Sacks
Next: Will Kelly, S. Alexander Be Active Sunday?

Comments

1st ?

Posted by: poolman1200000 | November 20, 2008 3:34 PM | Report abuse

Good to see springs out there doing something for that 5 mil he's getting paid. If it wasn't for the color change in marriage he would be cool.

Posted by: poolman1200000 | November 20, 2008 3:36 PM | Report abuse

Poolman - is your finger sore from hitting 'refresh' all day, waiting to be the first person to comment each time? Do you have a job? Do you go to school? I don't know if I've ever seen anything more pathetic.

34-10 Skins.

Posted by: Rypien11 | November 20, 2008 3:39 PM | Report abuse

You and Jasno are just premature to be making these determinations. There are too many games left for these players to decide whether we feel comfortable about them next year. When you judge someone before the facts are in, you're prejudiced.

Posted by: talent_evaluator

But I haven't made a judgment yet. I never said Kelly or Thomas are busts. I've simply said that as of right now they have not produced, and it's a legitimate concern to wonder if they ever will be the players we thought they'd be when we drafted them. No judgment, just a concern.

Last year, the Panthers drafted Dwayne Jarret in the 2nd round. He was supposed to be their next guy in line, the guy that was supposed to take pressure off Steve Smith. His rookie year, he didn't produce. Then this past offseason, the Panthers went out and signed Muhsin Muhammed and DJ Hackett to bolster their receiving corp. Were they wrong to do so? Was it wrong for them to believe WR was a legit concern, even though they supposedly had "the future" already on the roster? I'm sure they haven't given up on him, just that they realized his being drafted did not solve their problem at WR.

Just because we have these guys on our roster does NOT mean that WR is not an area of concern. Heck, even Greg just posted a stat that said we have 4 players making up %95+ (2WRs, 1 TE, and a RB) of our receiving yards.

Posted by: psps23 | November 20, 2008 3:41 PM | Report abuse

If ARE's not practicing it will get more reps for Kelly, Campbell. This makes me feel more comfortable about starting them next year.

Posted by: talent_evaluator | November 20, 2008 3:42 PM | Report abuse

Translation: Springs is now officially questionable for Sunday. Ha!

Posted by: Predator48 | November 20, 2008 3:44 PM | Report abuse

Really Poolman this is sad lol i agree. Besides that happy to see Springs out there and I hope one of the rookie pass catchers makes a play this week.
GO SKINS

Posted by: skin4lfe22 | November 20, 2008 3:45 PM | Report abuse

I noticed this from the transcript from Jasno's chat today. Was this merely a "typo" or was our Jasno reall saying "F-Seattle!"

Jason La Canfora: It's going to be a tough game, I think. fSeattle activates its linebackers and get to Campbell I don't like it from a Skins perspective.

Posted by: NCICURN | November 20, 2008 3:46 PM | Report abuse

To me, you look at what isn't working and that is where you invest. Go from weak to strong in one move.

We only have 1 good WR, 1 decent WR in ARE. We have Thrash who is clearly backup material and 2 guys who remain mystery meat. Thomas really hasn't shown much and we know Kelly's knees are a problem. You need 3 starting WRs in this league.

Housh is a huge upgrade, the kind of player that can change our offense significantly. He solves the problem.

Theo other positions to consider, where a top player would make a huge difference -- OLB and RT

Posted by: zcezcest1 | November 20, 2008 3:49 PM | Report abuse

Poolman, you're a wretched d-bag, dude. Please stop painting this cynical and bitter portrait of people of color, namely BLACK people.

It's hard enough to shake the stereotypes without your add-ons.

What's funny is that you're probably some old caucasian racist dude who's bitter about the civil right's movement from the '60s, and hope that crap you post gets read by every white person up here, further dividing the lines of color, race, and creed.

I'm the last to question what someone post here, but damn, enough is enough already.

Posted by: RedDMV | November 20, 2008 3:50 PM | Report abuse

Def f Seattle and the LBs they rode in on.....

Posted by: chrislarry | November 20, 2008 3:53 PM | Report abuse

Today's favorite headline:

Spitzer's Call Girl Tries to Fix Her Image

Posted by: zcezcest1 | November 20, 2008 3:53 PM | Report abuse

psp, its 2 different scenarios.

With Carolina it was Smith and Jarret, and no one else so of course they had to go out and sign a couple of guys, one of which was your man-crush DJ Hackett, who, lo and behold, is injured once again, no one saw that coming..

I will say again, TRADITIONALLY, WR, and QB have been the 2 positions in which rookies struggle the most to pick up the pro-game. All I'm saying is to give these guys an offseason in the conditioning program, an offseason studying the playbook, an offseason working with JC, and lets see what happens.

Posted by: BeantownGreg | November 20, 2008 3:54 PM | Report abuse

Springs pisses me off.

Posted by: austin987654 | November 20, 2008 3:55 PM | Report abuse

A lot of good LBs in free agency next year.

Karlos Dansby
Eric Barton
Mike Peterson
Bart Scott
Jonathan Vilma
Channing Crowder
Angelo Crowell

More LBs please!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: RedDMV | November 20, 2008 3:55 PM | Report abuse

Lets make one thing clear the recession isn't affecting the whole black race. The reason why I hit the refresh button is b/c I can afford to. How ignorant for you to question my status. Not all black people have to work, I'm living proof. Although I would like to be paid for the time ancestors work.

Posted by: poolman1200000 | November 20, 2008 3:56 PM | Report abuse

Listening to everyone respond to poolman is amazing. He must be in his glory. All anyone has to do is mention the topic of race and everyone flies to arms. America is so sad.

Posted by: Pleepleus | November 20, 2008 3:56 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: SMACK1 | November 20, 2008 3:57 PM | Report abuse

Bean,
Lets be honest, most rookies struggle at all positions, rarely do we see a chris horton, though D is supposedly easier because its a reaction position.

Spritzer's call girl should run for office.

Posted by: alex35332 | November 20, 2008 3:58 PM | Report abuse

I think pulled pulled a hamstring climbing out of his crib when he was 2 and never fully recovered.

Posted by: austin987654 | November 20, 2008 4:00 PM | Report abuse

I would love to see a team take, Channing Crowder and Angelo Crowell, they could nickname their LB corp the 2 Crows

Posted by: alex35332 | November 20, 2008 4:00 PM | Report abuse

I would like to be paid for my ancestors work too, can we get the Egyptians to give me some money, or can I just steel King Tuts mask?

Posted by: alex35332 | November 20, 2008 4:03 PM | Report abuse

LB corp the 2 Crows

Posted by: alex35332 | November 20, 2008 4:00 PM

The Ravens? The Ravens' Crows?

Aren't there usually three 3 LB's in a corps?

Posted by: talent_evaluator | November 20, 2008 4:04 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: poolman1200000 | November 20, 2008 3:56 PM | Report abuse

I thought he was a pool man? How can he afford to be off work?

Posted by: Tyler84101 | November 20, 2008 4:06 PM | Report abuse

you can steal the mask Alex. If you steel the mask, I don't see how that creates any value for you

Posted by: zcezcest1 | November 20, 2008 4:06 PM | Report abuse

Aren't there usually three 3 LB's in a corps?

Posted by: talent_evaluator | November 20, 2008 4:04 PM | Report abuse

maybe someone wants to change things up and run a 4-2-5

Posted by: alex35332 | November 20, 2008 4:06 PM | Report abuse

I'm not bothering to discuss his 'race relations' at all, because he does that just for attention.

I just find it amazing his life is so sad that all he does all day is wait for a new post to come up and make asinine comments to get attention.

There is also no way that he is a black man, particularly one that has enough money to 'not work'. 99% sure hes a teenage white kid.

Posted by: Rypien11 | November 20, 2008 4:06 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: zcezcest1 | November 20, 2008 4:06 PM | Report abuse

Well my 1/2 jewish side will figure something out.

Posted by: alex35332 | November 20, 2008 4:07 PM | Report abuse

"MY INSPIRATION"

Posted by: Rypien11 There is also no way that he is a black man, particularly one that has enough money to 'not work'. 99%
sure hes a teenage white kid.

Posted by: poolman1200000 | November 20, 2008 4:12 PM | Report abuse

Well ballpark the gold that the mask is made of would be worth 2.8 million if I melted it down and then sold it as bars or something.

Posted by: alex35332 | November 20, 2008 4:12 PM | Report abuse

feel free to steal it Alex, Sounds like a smart thing to do

Posted by: zcezcest1 | November 20, 2008 4:15 PM | Report abuse

I think youre right..Poopman is a white kid in Alexandria...NO way the dude is black

Posted by: Tyler84101 | November 20, 2008 4:16 PM | Report abuse

I thought he was a pool man? How can he afford to be off work?

Posted by: Tyler84101 | November 20, 2008 4:06 PM

It's a seasonal occupation, like lifeguard, caddy, Santa Claus, or turkey.

Posted by: talent_evaluator | November 20, 2008 4:16 PM | Report abuse

I thought he was a pool man? How can he afford to be off work?

Posted by: Tyler84101 | November 20, 2008 4:06 PM

Because he shows up for work, sees that the pool is empty, then goes home and blames the MAN for closing the pool instead of looking for a winter job. Its a C-O-N-spiracy mah brutha!

Posted by: Predator48 | November 20, 2008 4:17 PM | Report abuse

the ancestry thing is funny. Had friend whose mother was from El Salvador and her father from Lebanon. Her comment" My parents didn't date each other, they just took each other hostage"

Posted by: zcezcest1 | November 20, 2008 4:18 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: BeantownGreg

Who said otherwise? Did JLC ever say these guys are done? Did I ever say these guys are finished, time to move on? Hell, even Cork has never said anything to that extent.

It's smart to cover your grounds. This season, the weakest part of the team is the WR corp (outside of special teams). Can we agree on that? At this point the team has to analyze whether or not they need an upgrade at this position. THEREFORE, it is a position of concern. That doesn't mean they HAVE to do something, just that they have to see whether or not it's worth it if they do. Maybe it comes from Kelly/Thomas, and maybe not.

Posted by: psps23 | November 20, 2008 4:20 PM | Report abuse

I think he plays pocket pool. Thats why he is name "poolman1200000". 1200000 is the number of times he played pocket pool. That's why he has strong hands to refresh so quickly.

Posted by: TheJury | November 20, 2008 4:22 PM | Report abuse

I want to paid for my ancestors work... being Jewish... I think we have thosands of years of oppression to account for..Poolman..my hand is out for some backpay please

Posted by: Tyler84101 | November 20, 2008 4:25 PM | Report abuse

Amazing how "WHITE PEOPLE" spend there spare time. Don't think I could have the nerve to post a comment knowing my ancestors enslaved a whole race for hundreds of years. Thats there show you the mind set of there ancestors had while "HERDING" black people from AFRICA.

Posted by: poolman1200000 | November 20, 2008 4:25 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: psps23 | November 20, 2008 4:20 PM |

For me, the weakest part is the OL, which is more in need of concern or fixin than WR.

Posted by: Curzon417 | November 20, 2008 4:25 PM | Report abuse

Tyler,
Want to help me steel Tut's mask, I will split the money with you?

Posted by: alex35332 | November 20, 2008 4:30 PM | Report abuse

this is a curiouse statement to me..besides arizona and maybe cinnci. who else has two-three stud recievers?

Posted by: jumbo5383 | November 20, 2008 4:31 PM | Report abuse

Curzon417 - In speaking of future needs, yes the o-line situation is more dire. But this season alone, WR has been the weakest position IMO. There's really only 1 threat out there, plus 1 solid guy. That's not going to cut it for a pass-happy coach and scheme.

Posted by: psps23 | November 20, 2008 4:34 PM | Report abuse

Jumbo, I dont think you he means stud recievers, but solid NFL players at that position. But the sake of a response to you:

Giants
Packers

Posted by: chrislarry | November 20, 2008 4:36 PM | Report abuse

bada beep

Posted by: _Stumped_1 | November 20, 2008 4:37 PM | Report abuse

I'd add the Cowboys to that list.

Posted by: talent_evaluator | November 20, 2008 4:37 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: jumbo5383

-----

You don't need 2-3 studs. If you've got 1 stud, then you need 2-3 other solid, dependable guys.

Right now we have 1 stud and 1 dependable guy. We're missing the other pieces right now.

Posted by: psps23 | November 20, 2008 4:39 PM | Report abuse

My ancestors didn't enslave anybody. They worked in mines & on farms and didn't own squat.

My name isn't even a name, it's the name of a city which my slave ancestors lived in when they were owned by Romans.

And there were black slave traders herding too... so... There are evil opportunists everywhere you look. You can paint people whatever color you want as far as I'm concerned. It means nothing.

sorry - took the bait. couldnt' resist.

Hail REDSkins!