Zorn Addresses Injuries

We'll break Jim Zorn's press conference into two parts - injuries and other stuff (pretty scientific, eh?). I'll start with injuries. We've covered most of this, but here's the take from the head hip-hip hoorayer:

He expects corner Shawn Springs and end Jason Taylor to play against Dallas. He does not believe the injuries suffered in Monday's loss are severe - defensive lineman Lorenzo Alexander has a shoulder sprain and defensive tackle Anthony Montgomery has an Achilles problem and linebacker Marcus Washington has a strained rotator cuff. All are expected to play Nov. 16.

Zorn said that though Chris Samuels is nursing irritation under his knee cap and top receiver Santana Moss's hamstring tightened up, taking him off the field for a while, both will be fine. Safety LaRon Landry continues to play through a hamstring problem and defensive tackle Cornelius Griffin's shoulder injury was not aggravated. The team will continue to monitor tailback Ladell Betts (knee) and receiver Malcolm Kelly (knee), with both rehabbing from longer-term injuries and trying to come back as quickly as possible following the bye.

Okay, that's everybody Zorn mentioned, and, again, the most positive thing is that no one seemed to aggravate anything too severely in a game in which the Washington offense got pushed around. The Moss and Samuels situations will be evaluated very closely each week and I wonder how much practicing they will be doing even out of the bye.

By Jason La Canfora  |  November 4, 2008; 1:21 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: D Line Hopes Sacks Are Harbinger
Next: Zorn on Play-Calling, Noise, the Bye -- and More

Comments

Pfirst

Posted by: isnadd | November 4, 2008 1:44 PM | Report abuse

Surprised to hear about Landry, I thought he looked good last night. Definitely flying around and making some serious hits.

Posted by: isnadd | November 4, 2008 1:45 PM | Report abuse

My Own Private Idaho

Posted by: isnadd | November 4, 2008 1:46 PM | Report abuse

Pfourth

Posted by: isnadd | November 4, 2008 1:47 PM | Report abuse

This whole Samuals situation seems bad, we cannot afford to lose that guy. I hope he is better after some rest but floating cartiladge can be easily taken care of or it can turn into something major depending if they do exploritory surgery or not. Im really hoping he can get through the season without anything major coming of this.

Posted by: Stu27 | November 4, 2008 1:53 PM | Report abuse

WE WANT DALLAS!

GET HEALTHY SKINS

WE WANT DALLAS!

Posted by: alex35332 | November 4, 2008 2:00 PM | Report abuse

In the words of Coach Lombardi: "The harder you work, the harder it is to surrender."

Posted by: captjim | November 4, 2008 2:13 PM | Report abuse

I'm coming down for the Dallas game, I'm really hoping for a BLOW-OUT win....

Posted by: BeantownGreg | November 4, 2008 2:14 PM | Report abuse

"I'm soooo stuck on the fact that these guys aren't going back to work until Monday. I understand the need for the players to heal up, but the coaches, too?

Posted by: captjim"

I'm sure the entire organization won't be in Hawaii all week.

Posted by: TheTruth11 | November 4, 2008 2:15 PM | Report abuse

I wish I was a cool "regular"

lol

Posted by: TheTruth11 | November 4, 2008 2:18 PM | Report abuse

I'm not sure what a "cool regular" is, but the point I am trying to make is that the coaches had 8 days to come up with a winning game plan for Pittsburgh. Obviously, 8 days wasn't enough...

And what about those players that are healthy? Is this SOP that players and coaches get a week off mid season?

Posted by: captjim | November 4, 2008 2:23 PM | Report abuse